User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Currently Playing?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been going crazy on classic Mario Party games. Bought the 1st 3 for the N64 and then 4 for the cube. God these games are good. Also still slowly getting through GTA SA which is SO much better than III or VC it's not even worth comparing. I'll never play III or VC ever again. They're clunky and shitty in all the wrong places. SA is much more in the vein of a newer GTA that I'm used to.

I also recently bought a copy of Pikmin. Hadn't played that one in 20 years. Fuck me it's addicting.

Cowabunga collection cowabunga collection cowabunga collection

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the third world of Cuphead. That Honeycomb boss is giving me the most trouble thus far. Almost did it a couple of times yesterday so will get there!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Completed Jedi Fallen Order at the weekend, and now trying to 100% all the maps/echos/chests. Only done the first planet so far, might go to Illium next.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    I've been going crazy on classic Mario Party games. Bought the 1st 3 for the N64 and then 4 for the cube. God these games are good. Also still slowly getting through GTA SA which is SO much better than III or VC it's not even worth comparing. I'll never play III or VC ever again. They're clunky and shitty in all the wrong places. SA is much more in the vein of a newer GTA that I'm used to.

I also recently bought a copy of Pikmin. Hadn't played that one in 20 years. Fuck me it's addicting.

Cowabunga collection cowabunga collection cowabunga collection
    Mario Party Superstars for Switch (not to be confused with Super Mario Party which I never played) did a pretty great job of recapturing the magic of those old Mario Party games.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished Cuphead and the DLC today. Just on regular level though as hard enough without doing expert level!

When beating the Chef boss on DLC, down to my last HP then fell off one of the platforms but my knockout shot landed about half a second before I could die. Photo finish!

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just completed the story for Pokemon Violet. I'm about 75% through the Pokedex and have explored about the same amount of the map. Probably gonna polish that off this week at some point.

I haven't played a new Pokemon game since Black/White, so that probably contributes, but I had a lot of fun with this. I think they need to make more things to do in the open world and/or make the Pokemon more interactive to really take this to a new level that even non-Pokemon fans could enjoy, but as a long time fan, this was one of my favorite Pokemon experiences.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went into the time machine aka the Raspberry Pi and started playing Batman Returns for the Super NES.

Still banging out Resident Evil 5 NO MERCY mode as I'm trying to get double S rankings for everyone.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Picked up RDR2 on sale last month. So much to do, it brings back memories of Banjo-Tooie but seems more arranged and structured. Just wish your bounties are wiped after you die, though.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Wii U e-shop is closing soon (in March I think). I've never played Wind Waker so I just bought the HD version for $20. little tune up before BOTW2

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i give zero fucks about trophies/achievements. have never once sought out something or grinded in a game to get one. i learned a couple weeks ago i had one platinum trophy, for the first telltale batman game, which i hardly count cause all the trophies are just 'finish chapter' and 'beat the game.'

but, for the first time ever, i decided i wanted to go out of my way to platinum a game because of how much i was loving my moments with it booted up. and that was god of war ragnarok. absolutely one of my favorite games of all time. i loved the 2018 gow, but this blew past all my possible expectations. i legit got a little sad once that platinum trophy notification popped up with a bit over 60 hours of playtime. such an amazing game, is so many ways.

i originally bought it on the ps4, cause i wasn't having any luck snagging a ps5. so i played the first couple of hours on there right at the midnight launch and went to bed. next day, i check my email, and see i got an ad from gamestop for the launch of ragnarok, saying they have the game and the gow branded ps5 bundles in stock. I'm seeing this like, eight hours after email was received, so I'm thinking no way are there any left. i load the website, put in ny local gamestop, and check availability, and sure enough, the disc version is sold out. i didn't want the disc version, but figured that was sign enough that everything was likely snapped up early in the day. decide to check on the digital model anyway, and it says they have them in stock. figure this has to be a mistake, so i call the store and nope, they got a handful more left. ended up trading in my ps4, which was the base model i got the week it was released back in 2013 and the few physical ps4 games i had, and got the ps5 for $350. it's been really fun getting a brand new, next gen console and having this big, amazing game be my first experience. certainly didn't get the same level of hype playing madden 25 when i first got my ps4.

bought ratchet and clank: rift apart and started that after finishing ragnarok. definitely fun, though some of the platforming is a bit meh.

decided to do the highest tier of playstation plus since they were all discounted around black friday. kinda ridiculous that i get access to demon's souls and returnal, two of the big exclusives for the system, with the sub. stray is also available, which i was gonna eventually buy on a steam sale. so far, I'm happy with my ps5 purchase.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another game I'm buying is Red Dead Redemption 2 for PS4 which I just got at Best Buy for $20 (already ordered it, just need to go pick it up). I'm cleaning up on $20 classic games from the previous gen.

I was also considering Twilight Princess HD but the Wii U e-shop has that one for $50 instead of the $20 that Wind Waker costs. I'll pass on it for $50.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    decided to do the highest tier of playstation plus since they were all discounted around black friday. kinda ridiculous that i get access to demon's souls and returnal, two of the big exclusives for the system, with the sub. stray is also available, which i was gonna eventually buy on a steam sale. so far, I'm happy with my ps5 purchase.
    I know you did it because of the black Friday sale. But the middle tier is the best value of the 3 it looks like. Unless you plan to play a lot of PS1/2/3 games going forward.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    i give zero fucks about trophies/achievements. have never once sought out something or grinded in a game to get one. i learned a couple weeks ago i had one platinum trophy, for the first telltale batman game, which i hardly count cause all the trophies are just 'finish chapter' and 'beat the game.'

but, for the first time ever, i decided i wanted to go out of my way to platinum a game because of how much i was loving my moments with it booted up. and that was god of war ragnarok. absolutely one of my favorite games of all time. i loved the 2018 gow, but this blew past all my possible expectations. i legit got a little sad once that platinum trophy notification popped up with a bit over 60 hours of playtime. such an amazing game, is so many ways.

i originally bought it on the ps4, cause i wasn't having any luck snagging a ps5. so i played the first couple of hours on there right at the midnight launch and went to bed. next day, i check my email, and see i got an ad from gamestop for the launch of ragnarok, saying they have the game and the gow branded ps5 bundles in stock. I'm seeing this like, eight hours after email was received, so I'm thinking no way are there any left. i load the website, put in ny local gamestop, and check availability, and sure enough, the disc version is sold out. i didn't want the disc version, but figured that was sign enough that everything was likely snapped up early in the day. decide to check on the digital model anyway, and it says they have them in stock. figure this has to be a mistake, so i call the store and nope, they got a handful more left. ended up trading in my ps4, which was the base model i got the week it was released back in 2013 and the few physical ps4 games i had, and got the ps5 for $350. it's been really fun getting a brand new, next gen console and having this big, amazing game be my first experience. certainly didn't get the same level of hype playing madden 25 when i first got my ps4.

bought ratchet and clank: rift apart and started that after finishing ragnarok. definitely fun, though some of the platforming is a bit meh.

Inspired by this post, I have finally started GOW 2018

Between that and the impending FF games, that'll probably finally push into buying a PS5

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    I know you did it because of the black Friday sale. But the middle tier is the best value of the 3 it looks like. Unless you plan to play a lot of PS1/2/3 games going forward.
    yeah, i figure as much. i'll re-evaluate when the renew time comes around, unless they end up doing this sale every year, haha.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Another game I'm buying is Red Dead Redemption 2 for PS4 which I just got at Best Buy for $20 (already ordered it, just need to go pick it up). I'm cleaning up on $20 classic games from the previous gen.

I was also considering Twilight Princess HD but the Wii U e-shop has that one for $50 instead of the $20 that Wind Waker costs. I'll pass on it for $50.
    I've never played Red Dead 1 but I just started it a few days ago and I'm hooked.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    currently playing Spiderman on the Ps5 and its a blast doing all the DLCs i kinda went backwards and started with the mile morals one and it was great but seeing all the other villians in the spiderman one is really fun i also recently beat arkham knights as Robin

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cuphead again but doing bosses on expert mode this time including DLC because a glutton for punishment. Got Esther, King Dice, Devil and the Chef to go.

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goldeneye on switch is still as fun as i remember even if its aged bad

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Question for anyone who’s finished Red Dead 2 - is there anywhere in Beecher’s Hope you can change your clothes/weapons selections like you could do in the camps? Been around my house and can’t find it

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyski View Post
    Question for anyone who’s finished Red Dead 2 - is there anywhere in Beecher’s Hope you can change your clothes/weapons selections like you could do in the camps? Been around my house and can’t find it
    Tey your bed. Unless I'm misremebering. I'll check when I get home if I remember for you.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    @Dreyski

find the bathroom.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr sabu View Post
    Goldeneye on switch is still as fun as i remember even if its aged bad
    hows the online play?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Quote Originally Posted by CWE;[URL="tel:8320396"
    8320396[/URL]]@Dreyski

find the bathroom.
    Got it

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    hows the online play?

Ill be honest...

Dont even know how to play online with goldeneye

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few “game months” (really a few days) into Persona 3 Portable. Maybe a bit backwards doing this after Persona 4 Ultimax when they were already throwing out P3 references in that game but P3 just recently became available for the home consoles. Up to the bit where they just got Fuuka in the squad.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never finished Persona 3, but I love it regardless

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    My brother, son, and I have started Grand Theft Auto III at our cabin. We just pick up and play on the PS 2 when ever we are up there from where the previous person got to. It has been a blast to have on the back burner whenever we go up there.

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Switch expansion pass just added gameboy and gameboy advance.. so break from goldeneye for some minish cap

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Fired up my PS3 for the first time in forever after realising most of my trophies were missing from my current profile. So far I’ve played Bully, Assassins’ Creed revelations, and Fallout NV.

Intercontinental Champion Jitters's Avatar
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone playing Hogwarts Legacy?

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Jitters View Post
    Anyone playing Hogwarts Legacy?
    I've got one full play through under my belt, gonna wait a little while before trying again.

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tears of the kingdom.

Everythings on hold

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently playing Persona 3 Portable. Big Persona fan ever since my mate introduced me to Persona 5 and the Persona series years in general.

Very much darker compared to P4 and P5 which I can appreciate. Also appreciate the story and given this was earlier but being honest, grinding mostly in Tartarus for Shadows has been more of a chore lately although do get this was an earlier game re-released. Done the quests as much as I could but thinking just rush to beat the end boss at this time. Slightly above average I’d grade this compared to P4, P5 and P5 Royal.

Overall nice trip to see earlier Persona and the fact it’s not all happy shiny people but it just drags and not as invested. Doubt I’m doing an NG+

Howeverrrr though:

Last edited by Badger; May 12th, 2023 at 9:50 PM.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have fallen off Starfield pretty hard and now am back to playing Vampire Survivors yet again

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 for the Switch so I’ve been reliving my high school and college days. I forgot how fun these games are.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Golden Tee 2k

Just picked one up for the garage.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've started playing Max Payne 1 on PS5. I'm curious how Remedy will approach the remake, as the game has some odd choices that made sense 20+ years ago but may not work in modern games.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't played Max Payne in so long. I remember that seeming like such a cutting edge game back in the day.

I've finally started playing Super Mario Odyssey. Only in the second world, but man, that game is really fun. Excited to dig into it more.

I've also been playing Legend of Legaia and I'm getting pretty close to finishing it. Gotta do a bit of grinding because the second to last boss is stomping me right now and I have to find some hidden items anyway. Will be happy to finally come full circle and complete this one.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Melly got a Switch for her birthday so we downloaded some games onto it. She has some RPG where you're a cat called Cat Tails or something, the famous Untitled Goose Game, and some interior decorating game.
    I got Wrestling Empire as I saw a lot of folks raking it as the best wrestling game for the system and I had an earlier version of it on a tablet years ago and wanted to give it another go. It's fun as hell and fucking wild the kind of shit that can go down in your career. Highly recommend.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Brock View Post
    I've started playing Max Payne 1 on PS5. I'm curious how Remedy will approach the remake, as the game has some odd choices that made sense 20+ years ago but may not work in modern games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Haven't played Max Payne in so long. I remember that seeming like such a cutting edge game back in the day.

I've finally started playing Super Mario Odyssey. Only in the second world, but man, that game is really fun. Excited to dig into it more.

I've also been playing Legend of Legaia and I'm getting pretty close to finishing it. Gotta do a bit of grinding because the second to last boss is stomping me right now and I have to find some hidden items anyway. Will be happy to finally come full circle and complete this one.
    Did you guys play Max Payne on the PC at all? That was really my first ever PC game I played unless you want to count Leisure Suit Larry and the first Grand Theft Auto that I would play here and there at my cousins. My best friend and I had just rented a house together and we would play that religiously. The weird part is I sucked at the console versions of this game but was pretty good on the PC.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Finished outlast 2 yesterday...no idea what all that was about

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My kids pooled their money together and bought me a PS5 for my birthday. My oldest daughter said they all agreed it was time to upgrade they were sick of hearing the PS4 sound like a jet was about to take off lol. I don't get gifts like this, I can probably count on 1 hand in 40+ years how many gifts I've received that were more than like $50-100 so a gaming system that comes with Spider Man 2 and they bought me WWE 2K 23 so that's the shit.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    My kids pooled their money together and bought me a PS5 for my birthday. My oldest daughter said they all agreed it was time to upgrade they were sick of hearing the PS4 sound like a jet was about to take off lol. I don't get gifts like this, I can probably count on 1 hand in 40+ years how many gifts I've received that were more than like $50-100 so a gaming system that comes with Spider Man 2 and they bought me WWE 2K 23 so that's the shit.
    Fuck yeah. Got any other games on your radar you want to get down the line?

I picked up a PS5 this year with my tax money. The Final Fantasy geek in me knew I'd want it for FF7 Rebirth. That and God of War: Ragnarok

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Fuck yeah. Got any other games on your radar you want to get down the line?

I picked up a PS5 this year with my tax money. The Final Fantasy geek in me knew I'd want it for FF7 Rebirth. That and God of War: Ragnarok
    I have a bunch of games that I could barely play on PS4 like the remake of Resident Evil 3 where my PS4 would overheat and restart. The new God of War, same thing lol. So I have probably 10 games that were probably meant to be played more on the PS5.

So I think ultimately it'll just be having a more enjoyable visual experience and again the games I've bought that just won't play OR the fan runs and it's so loud. I just bought Resident Evil The Village, it plays but the fan would be so annoying.

The one negative I will say about the PS5...no themes. I have about 15 on my PS4 so thankfully that bad boy still runs fine for the most part because themes are dope. Not sure why PS5 doesn't have any.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's kind of me too honestly, because I have a lot of games from the previous gen that I never finished because I was getting my degree the last 4ish years. I'm playing my PS4 copy of Ghost of Tsushima to finally finish that now, and then I also have the ever ending list of old SNES/PS1 era games I want to finish/replay/etc. The boosted graphics and frames are nice though.

I never mess around with themes much unless I get one from a game, but I used to love the PS3 ones that came with custom menu sounds. I didn't notice PS5 didn't have themes, but that's kinda dumb.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    About a dozen hours into “Watch Dogs: Legion”; I bought when first released because I loved “Watch Dogs 2”. I just didn’t find the time/interest to get around to “Legion”; I figured if I wasn’t going to play now, it will never happen once GTA 6 comes out.

My buddies and I do F1 online once a week, there’s seven of us who have our steering wheel setups; I still occasionally dabble in whichever sports game is piquing my interest at the time (NHL/FIFA/Madden/MLB). Am massively looking forward to getting back on the recruiting trail in career mode for NCAA Football when it finally comes out (don’t fuck it up, EA).

“Legion” is pretty fun, the storyline is interesting. Learning to drive on the left side is something I’m still adapting to, as is the patient stealth mode; I played the shit out of “Red Dead: Redemption 2” during COVID, using dynamite arrows/dual weld and going in loud were my forte. Am hopping between the storyline and side quests while also recruiting, figure I’m going to need a deep bench as I progress through the game.

Has anybody played/beat it?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Downloaded Moonring earlier today after reading an online 'games of the year' article, mainly becuase it'll run quite happily on my laptop. Had a quick play today and will probably continue into 2024.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Looking for something simple and fun to kill time on the computer or phone. Any recommendations?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have any but I am excited to get off work so I can play the new South Park game. Only $30. Looks awesome. The last one is one of my favorite games of all time.