Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NFL Thread

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Titans sign Josh Reynolds from the Rams to be the number 2 wr.
    He's not bad. Probably ideal for the role: serviceable and won't bitch because he's not getting a lot of targets because he's used to that.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    He's not bad. Probably ideal for the role: serviceable and won't bitch because he's not getting a lot of targets because he's used to that.
    Its a one year prove it deal too. He'll be busting his ass to get open.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Consider me very excited about the 2021 season. Re-tooled and ready to go. We'll see how the draft goes, along with additional signings and trades, but it should be a very competitive division with 3 good teams. Bills, Pats, Dolphins would be my current power rankings.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I think the Dolphins might need one more season. This is another big draft for Miami and the new players might need a year to really click with the league. Also the Tua factor.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    I think the Dolphins might need one more season. This is another big draft for Miami and the new players might need a year to really click with the league. Also the Tua factor.
    Yup. They were ahead of schedule last season. They're in a fragile state, regardless. Could really pivot in either direction.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The biggest remaining questions for the Pats are about Gilmore and the QB room. I hope they work out a deal to keep Gilmore, and they haven't dealt him yet so that gives me hope. We'll see how that shakes out. If they move him it'll change my outlook somewhat because a shutdown CB is so important. JC Jackson as CB1 and a question mark at CB2 is far worse. Jackson could also be moved since they chose to put a 2nd round tender on him instead of a 1st. Will another team make him an offer sheet, and would the Pats match? We'll see. He had 9 picks last year.

When it comes to QB, I really hope they get someone good in the draft, but I expect Cam will be the starter week 1 regardless. Also if Mariota gets released they could sign him, especially if they don't expect to get a QB early in the draft.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kiper has them mocked to draft Jones at 15, FWIW. It feels safe to assume Jones would be the last remaining QB of the run of QBs and that he would be there.

Edit: Mariotta is staying in Vegas
    Last edited by BGMaverick; March 23rd, 2021 at 2:01 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suh back to Tampa on a one year deal. I was thinking he might end up in Dallas.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    San Fran trading up to the #3 pick

San Fran: #3
    Miami: #12, 3rd rounder, 2022 & 2023 1sts

Wow.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    monster deal. the dolphins believe in Tua.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Now the Dolphins have traded up from 12 to 6

Dolphins: #6 and 156
    Eagles: #12, 123, and a 2022 1st

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit.
    Last edited by Rancid_Planet; March 26th, 2021 at 2:59 PM.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting move by the Eagles. they move back 6 spots and pick up a 2022 1st. reasonable enough. but if on draft day there's a good QB there at #6, that pick could be worth even more. or the top QBs could be gone and no one wants to move there. kinda like playing the stock market. is #6 more valuable now or later?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If Wentz plays enough, they will have 3 1sts in the 2022 draft.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    interesting move by the Eagles. they move back 6 spots and pick up a 2022 1st. reasonable enough. but if on draft day there's a good QB there at #6, that pick could be worth even more. or the top QBs could be gone and no one wants to move there. kinda like playing the stock market. is #6 more valuable now or later?
    My guess is now because I imagine they're gone in the first five picks (if you believe there are four worth going that high).

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QB is the most important position on the field, and every year it becomes more and more clear that teams without a really good one will be significantly worse than teams with them. And the best thing a franchise can have is a great QB on a rookie contract. So their value become more and more overinflated, despite the fact that on average, at least half of them will be busts. That being said, it seems more and more likely that each year we will see more teams trading up to try to get a QB. Most teams understand that the days of starting QB's coming out of the 3rd round are well behind us.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    That was a big move by San Fran, looks like the Jimmy G era is over.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If Wilson goes second, I could see them taking either Lance/Fields and sitting them behind Jimmy G for a year.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Spend all that draft capital to move up to 3rd and take a “franchise” QB (I’m not overly sold on any draft eligible QB outside of Trevor Lawrence), then have him sit the first year of his rookie deal behind a dude making $25M that you clearly don’t trust? Three consecutive first round picks for a QB with question marks feels like a huge overpayment/panic move.

Why couldn’t we add a solid player at 12? If Jimmy G flames out as your 2021 starter, you’re probably picking in the top-10 again in the 2022 draft. The 2021 NFC West is going to be a fucking meatgrinder...
    Last edited by Tyson; March 27th, 2021 at 2:15 AM.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now the Patriots are no longer interested in Jimmy G?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Now the Patriots are no longer interested in Jimmy G?
    I wouldn’t buy into these reports too much. The niners say they’re keeping him. It could be bullshit because if they don’t move him, they want him to not be bitter. Reporters say the pats aren’t interested. It could be bullshit because if he never even becomes available, they need to move on with their plans and also not undermine Cam (although I don’t think his feelings are a big factor here). But if he becomes available they could definitely make a play for him.

The point is- just let it play out.

For what it’s worth I actually believe the niners that they’re going to keep him for 1 more year because they feel they’re contenders right now. I think they’ll keep him but could possibly move him mid season if things shake out a certain way (like their rookie looks really good or jimmy gets hurt, etc).

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimmy can't stay healthy. It would be so risky for Bill to spend so much money in free agency restocking the team and wind up with Jimmy sitting on the bench all year(s). If I'm Bill I'm drafting a kid with potential to sit and learn and if Cam still can't do anything, even with weapons, then go to whoever that is. At least it's cost effective. Even if you can't get one of the big names coming out at qb in this draft. I mean unless you trade up somehow you're the Patriots. You'll never be bad enough to pick in the top 5.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't imagine Jimmy G is long for San Francisco. I tend to think Shanny feels that he needs to a competent QB in there to run his system and utilize the skill position guys. That QB needs to be reliable/durable and accurate. Jimmy G isn't very durable and he struggles with accuracy but has shown flashes of it at times. They may have been motivated to get a competent backup to hedge but maybe they're ready to rip the band aid off a little quicker. At this point, I imagine SF just wants to address the position and draft someone who can hopefully replace him within a year.

Darnold needs to go to Denver and that's potentially a wonderful bit for both. There's a Gase stink on Darnold so there's a chance he can be salvaged, and Denver has quite a few pieces for him to where it can be put up or shut up time to avoid the bust label.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I fully believe that Darnold can still be a good NFL starting QB.

That shitshow in New York was fucking gross, even Tom Brady would have looked pedestrian in Jets gear: incompetent head coach, little-to-no talent around Darnold.

If I’m Saleh, I’m tempted to trade down from 2 and get a shitload of additional picks, fill a handful of holes on your team and give Darnold one more season under center. If Darnold bombs, you’re picking in the top-5 next year again.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post

If I’m Saleh, I’m tempted to trade down from 2 and get a shitload of additional picks, fill a handful of holes on your team and give Darnold one more season under center. If Darnold bombs, you’re picking in the top-5 next year again.
    I think you want to line up the timelines on your assessment period here with Saleh and the QB so giving Darnold the heave ho makes sense. You're not getting a king's ransom back for Darnold but you're going to get something of use, I'm sure. I imagine San Fran had good intel on what their former DC and his new organization would be interested in doing with pick 2 so they knew the highest they could climb was 3.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I think you want to line up the timelines on your assessment period here with Saleh and the QB so giving Darnold the heave ho makes sense. You're not getting a king's ransom back for Darnold but you're going to get something of use, I'm sure. I imagine San Fran had good intel on what their former DC and his new organization would be interested in doing with pick 2 so they knew the highest they could climb was 3.
    What am I missing? Darnold hits free agency in 2022, you have the final year of his rookie deal to decide if he’s actually salvageable.

The #2 pick, if I’m Saleh, should be in play right until I walk up to the podium. I’m looking at the haul that Miami got for the #3 and I’m thinking “I want that too”. I think if Saleh was 100% committed to going QB at 2, he probably would have released Darnold already, no?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What am I missing? Darnold hits free agency in 2022, you have the final year of his rookie deal to decide if he’s actually salvageable.

The #2 pick, if I’m Saleh, should be in play right until I walk up to the podium. I’m looking at the haul that Miami got for the #3 and I’m thinking “I want that too”. I think if Saleh was 100% committed to going QB at 2, he probably would have released Darnold already, no?
    I don't think you're missing anything. I just think they're done. It's a new regime and they will probably want their guy.

It only gets problematic if they don't trade him before the draft. That's the only timeline I'm thinking is most imperative because there's still teams are probably looking at making things happen within their QB room. There's not many, but there's still some.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sam Darnold is being traded to Carolina for a 2021 6th round pick, and 2022 2nd and 4th round picks.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like that spot for him, considering the coach and the weapons around him. Prove it and get it a new deal. Don't, then he's got to "slum" it as a backup.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy for Sam to get out of NY.

The Panthers got a reclamation project, and didn't have to give up all that much for him.

If the Jets hadn't told everyone they were taking a QB at two, I would have though they could have gotten more for Darnold.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeSplitter View Post
    Sam Darnold is being traded to Carolina for a 2021 6th round pick, and 2022 2nd and 4th round picks.
    And I was wrong. Good move for both sides, Sam Darnold especially; a chance to compete with Bridgewater for the starting gig, has some legit weapons around him for the first time ever.

So it looks like Lawrence-Wilson-Fields at the top of the draft, I guess...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carolina...very interesting team to watch next season.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I was wrong. Good move for both sides, Sam Darnold especially; a chance to compete with Bridgewater for the starting gig, has some legit weapons around him for the first time ever.

Darnold is going to have to fall on his ass to lose the gig. I'll be surprised if Bridgewater is still a Panther by the start of the season.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replace Fields with Lance.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Could very easily be Jones in that third spot as well

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah any combo of Fields/Jones/Lance are in play. It really comes down to who they like the best. Carolina could still surprise and draft a QB. Broncos are also in play for a top QB too. Falcons also open to trading out of 4 to a QB needy team. If you are a top 15 team not looking for QB, you are in great shape this year.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carolina is saying they are gonna exercise Darnold’s 5th year option though right? If so, I do think that takes them out of drafting a QB, at least for a year.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    Carolina is saying they are gonna exercise Darnold’s 5th year option though right? If so, I do think that takes them out of drafting a QB, at least for a year.
    I tend to think it still keeps them flexible for this season but the urgency to get one this draft went down a bit. It's put up or shut up time for Darnold. He's getting an incredible upgrade in terms of coaching staffs and a pretty healthy one in terms of a supporting cast. As long as he's not seeing more ghosts, he's got an opportunity to salvage his career. Joe Brady is a guy who has a chance make an incredible name for himself here with Darnold coming into the fold.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just getting away from Gase gives Darnold a better chance, as you say.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Just getting away from Gase gives Darnold a better chance, as you say.
    Which he already was right?

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True. The full out clean break hopefully is an additional good sign.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    True. The full out clean break hopefully is an additional good sign.
    Wait until Carolina hires Gase for some reason

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    I highly doubt the Niners spent all that draft capital to take Kirk Cousins 2.0 at #3. At least I really hope they didn’t.

Panthers QB costs

2021: Darnold @ $5M + Bridgewater @$18M (whether they keep/get rid of him)
    2022: Darnold @ $19M + cheap veteran backup @ $3-4M

If I was Rhule, I would love to have a full off-season and season with Sam before I have to make a decision. Of course if Sam completely shits the bed this Fall, all bets are off.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I highly doubt the Niners spent all that draft capital to take Kirk Cousins 2.0 at #3. At least I really hope they didn’t.
    Why are you hoping against that?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Why are you hoping against that?
    Because a move that daring deserves a difference maker, a game changer a la Trey Lance.
    Last edited by Tyson; April 6th, 2021 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Deleted but quoted for posterity. My foot all up in my mouth.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's....

I hope Chicago move up, but all signs point to them not doing anything which fits being such a great draft at QB

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because a move that daring deserves a difference maker, a game changer a la Trey Lance.

Picture it this way. You, by some miraculous chance, succeed in getting Rihanna/Meghan Markle/whichever perfect ten floats your boat to fall for you. Are you really going to aim for a sex life consisting of missionary-style, five minutes at a time, once a week, with the lights off? Fuck no. You’re popping little blue so you can go for hours: private jet, the beach, the penthouse infinity pool.
    Depends on what the actual definition of a "difference maker" is and there's just as viable of a case to go for what you're saying or go for the non-sexy answer. It's all about perspective and actual desire. Jimmy G, who is generally seen as a conservative QB, was 1-2 passes away from making good on SF's plan to play tough defense and pound the rock so there's merit in believing that's the way for them. Yeah, it's pretty cool if a QB gets out the pocket and runs for 20-30 yards or if he chucks it 50 yards in the air and drops it in the bucket. That's cool for us, but I doubt coaches want to have to rely on that. They want a person who is reliable, dependable, and won't wilt under pressure.

SF's system on offense is built around their athletes and letting them roam. Whether it's Mostert or Wilson with proper blocking, or Samuel/Aiyuk behind the LOS and letting them get a lane to run or Kittle being a beast, it's built on timing and precision. I'm sure athleticism at the trigger point really creates a sense of exciting chaos but you need someone who keeps things moving as it should. They probably put a premium on efficiency. That efficiency can provide stimulating excitement in its own way.

As I said initially, this doesn't discredit the idea of going with someone other than Jones but looking at him shouldn't be seen as missionary style, especially if it creates efficiency.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    As a Niners fan, I’d really like to get the dude with the Pat Mahomes-esque upside...

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a Niners fan, I’d really like to get the dude with the Pat Mahomes-esque upside...
    Most would, but those don't grow on trees.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Most would, but those don't grow on trees.
    Trey Lance could be that guy. He has a high ceiling but a lower floor than the other top QBs

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trey Lance could be that guy. He has a high ceiling but a lower floor than the other top QBs
    Could. My argument would be if he could be that guy, then he should be the consensus No. 2 or No. 3 guy at the position and it appears that he's clearly not. That said, I like him but I don't even know if I'd put him at 2 for the position.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; April 6th, 2021 at 10:53 PM.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Could. My argument would be if he could be that guy, then he should be the consensus No. 2 or No. 3 guy at the position and it appears that he's clearly not.
    I feel like a lot of it is his lack of playing time. I personally would take him as #2 QB but this is coming from a guy whose team has never had a 4000 yard passer so I don't know good QB play

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Anybody for or against the soon to be proposed jersey number rule? Not sure how some fans will feel if they just shelled out money to gettheir favorite player's jersey recently just to have them switch.

I don't really care either way, it would just take some to see people wearing different numbers. They did also just approve the 17 game season, so everything seems to be changing.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm against the extent to which they're expanding it. If I had my druthers I would do some expansion but not as much as the proposal seen below. I suppose the logic is that they want to go full-on with this change now so they don't have to do another expansion 10 or 20 years from now when rosters might be bigger and more jerseys get retired. This change should (in my view) be the last one they ever need to make. So that's good I suppose. We'll get used to it in short time. I mean it's not like other sports restrict numbers by position, but I actually like that football has that.

Affected positions (new numbers in parentheses)
    Running backs: 20-49 (1-19, 80-89)
    Wide receivers: 10-19, 80-89 (1-9, 20-49)
    Tight ends: 40-49, 80-89 (1-39)
    Linebackers: 40-49, 50-59, 90-99 (1-39)
    Defensive backs: 20-49 (1-19)

Unaffected positions:
    Quarterbacks: 1-19
    Offensive linemen: 50-79
    Defensive linemen: 50-79, 90-99
    Punters and kickers: 1-19

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually they probably will eventually need to expand QBs, punters and kickers. A team could have 3 QBs and a punter and a kicker so that's 5 positions for only 19 numbers. But now 1-19 is also available to RBs, WRs, TEs , LBs and DBs. If those other position go with low numbers, there's a jam there. So that's why I wouldn't have opened up 1-19 for all those other positions.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I'm down.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody for or against the soon to be proposed jersey number rule? Not sure how some fans will feel if they just shelled out money to gettheir favorite player's jersey recently just to have them switch.

I don't really care either way, it would just take some to see people wearing different numbers. They did also just approve the 17 game season, so everything seems to be changing.
    I don't care lol.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think they would just allow kickers and punters to be any number like in college.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kickers are people too

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kickers are people too
    People and players, but not fantasy people or players.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are not enough words in the Webster's English Dictionary to truly describe just how tiny of a fuck I give about who wears what numbers.

I mean I do not care. At all. I dont even care if they stop wearing numbers. Or start wearing 4 digit numbers. Or maybe math equations instead.

"Great catch by number 2 to the 4th power divided by 3."

Do not give any shits.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I’m in the same camp. I really don’t even care if they wear numbers, never mind wearing position-specific numbers. Just a name on the jersey is good enough for me. It’s not like I refer to players by their number anyways.

To me the bigger deal is the 17 game season. Potentially a lot of records are going to be broken with an extra game to play in.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait until they get to 18 games.

Its coming eventually.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somewhere Eric Dickerson is so angry.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I actually enjoy a certain significance in uniform numbers in sports.

Aesthetics, traditional meaning, legacy. I like the uniquely romanticized value coming from something inherently innocuous.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    To me the bigger deal is the 17 game season. Potentially a lot of records are going to be broken with an extra game to play in.
    I despise the additional game, attrition is going to be a pain-in-the-ass; if load management wasn’t an official thing, it will be now.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I despise the additional game, attrition is going to be a pain-in-the-ass; if load management wasn’t an official thing, it will be now.
    Position most impacted by an extra game has to be RB, which will have a sizable impact on fantasy as well.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somewhere Eric Dickerson is so angry.
    OJ Simpson got so mad his record was broken when they went to 16 games, he murdered two people. Stay safe Mrs Dickerson.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is all true but I mean how important are single season records in the nfl really? I mean we get an extra game. I want 20 if I can get them.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edelman released by the Patriots with a failed physical designation. Retirement possibly to follow. He's a legend. A Pats legend of course but also an NFL legend with his insane playoff stats and accomplishments. One of the most important players of a dynasty.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Edelman released by the Patriots with a failed physical designation. Retirement possibly to follow. He's a legend. A Pats legend of course but also an NFL legend with his insane playoff stats and accomplishments. One of the most important players of a dynasty.
    I thought they released him with the understanding that he would retire, and that he doesn't plan to play elsewhere

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    This is all true but I mean how important are single season records in the nfl really? I mean we get an extra game. I want 20 if I can get them.
    I don't disagree about the games part. More is better.

As far as single season records in the NFL, I think passing TDs is at the top of the list, followed closely by rushing yards. Do they matter? Some would say yes, some would say no. Personally I like them.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't disagree about the games part. More is better.

As far as single season records in the NFL, I think passing TDs is at the top of the list, followed closely by rushing yards. Do they matter? Some would say yes, some would say no. Personally I like them.
    I like them. I just don't consider them important enough to consider when talking of expanding the season.

I mean I wouldnt be shocked if Derrick Henry can post back to back 2k seasons with this 17th game. Fun for me but of course many would come out and say it shouldnt count.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raising by 1 game doesn't ruin the single-season record book IMO. I mean obviously yes, it gives you 6.25% more of a season but it's not like the records will start to fall immediately or that breaking them won't still be an amazing accomplishment. 55 touchdowns in a season will be hard to match regardless of the 17th game. If Mahomes had an extra game in 2018 he would have needed 5 more TDs just to tie it, and he was incredible that year.

18 games would be more significant in this regard. 1 extra game, eh, not too bad. I hope they never go to 18 games. While I'll gladly enjoy an extra week as a fan of the sport, the nature of the game is so physically demanding that there's a limit to how long you can go without more injuries and shorter careers, and more concussions for these guys that will fuck up their lives. I don't want them to keep pushing it. I don't mind the records part as much as it's just too long for these gladiators to gladiate.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know my stance on this. It’s coming. Just a matter of when.

Current CBA expires in 2030 and stipulates they cannot move to 18. When that new one comes up though...... i think all bets are off.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Here's a list of names Washington fans were asked to choose from (Listed in alphabetical order):

Aces
    Ambassadors
    Anchors
    Archers
    Armada
    Aviators
    Beacons
    Belters
    Brigade
    Commanders
    Defenders
    Demon Cats
    First City Football Club (FCFC)
    Griffins
    Guardians
    Icons
    Majors
    Monarchs
    Pilots
    Presidents
    Razorbacks
    Redtails
    Redwolves
    Red Hogs
    Renegades
    Riders
    Rising
    Royals
    Rubies
    Swifts
    Warriors
    Washington DC Football Club (DCFC)
    Wayfarers
    Wild Hogs
    32FC (W32)
    Football Team

Thoughts?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind FT but Red Wolves or Renegades would have been cool.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Rubies? Ambassadors? Wayfarers? How the hell did those options get this far?

Having a football team be called the monarchs in the capital city just feels wrong to me. I doubt it's being seriously considered though.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DEMON CATS DEMON CATS DEMON CATS!!!!

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not gonna lie...... either of the two names that end in Football Club are awesome in my head.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was just gonna say that but caito said it so fuck

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Washington Demon Cats Football Club

Since they presumably wanted to incorporate DC into their name, at least they avoided the following -

Dog Catchers
    Dumb Colleagues
    Dead Citizens
    Deaf Children
    Diddling Convicts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Damn Congressman

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Not gonna lie...... either of the two names that end in Football Club are awesome in my head.
    Our nations capitals football team sounding like a European soccer group .... sad state of affairs

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alex Smith retires. He went through unimaginable PT to return to the league after nearly losing his leg, and the multiple surgeries. Yet he considers himself incredibly fortunate to have had the support he did. I wonder if he will end up as a play-by-play guy.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hell of a story, and I wish him nothing but the best in his future. What an incredible comeback.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The big news of the day, was obviously the NFL announcing...... that date when they planned on announcing the schedule.

I wanna say why even bother making that announcement, until I realize so many of us yearn for any bit of news we can be given about the NFL at any and all times, and I become both happy and rather sad about it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The big news of the day, was obviously the NFL announcing...... that date when they planned on announcing the schedule.

I wanna say why even bother making that announcement, until I realize so many of us yearn for any bit of news we can be given about the NFL at any and all times, and I become both happy and rather sad about it.
    Hey man. Draft is right around the corner. And that'll be enough to keep us talking for a while.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Orlando Brown Jr traded to the Chiefs:

KC gets
    Orlando Brown Jr
    2021 2nd round pick (58)
    2022 6th round pick

Baltimore gets
    2021 1st (32)
    2021 3rd (94)
    2021 4th (136)
    2022 5th round pick

Rich get richer

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I worry for the poor wideout(s) that inevitably get drafted by Baltimore now.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Pat Mahomes is fucking pumped.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Yeah any combo of Fields/Jones/Lance are in play.
    Me, the Niners fan, hyperventilating as the Mac-Jones-to-San-Fran-at-3 talk intensifies.

Fuck...

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Who would you rather have Tyson?

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tyson..... are you saying, that you don’t like that?

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Apparently the Falcons are getting inquires from teams looking to trade for Julio Jones. Does this somewhat show their hand at their draft plans? Trading Jones seems like a pivot to a rebuild, and could lead to them drafting a developmental QB at 4.

Would the Ravens use one of their two picks to trade for Julio?

I love Draft Week.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Who would you rather have Tyson?
    Lance, Fields, trade down. In that order.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Lance, Fields, trade down. In that order.
    You didn't say Jones though

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If they truly want to stick with Jimmy G for a year, those two make more sense for sure.

If they want him to contribute right away, then Jones or Fields make sense.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    You didn't say Jones though
    Because the thought of trading up to #3 for a less expensive Jimmy Garoppollo makes me nauseous; trading up to take a dude with (massive) upside, fine. If we wanted Jones/a similar QB, there would have been one there at 12 for us.