Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NFL Thread

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    There was a report that he chose Arizona over other higher offers but who knows if it’s true. I don’t know why people are discounting the cardinals though, they were 8-8 and have their franchise QB, they could easily be in the playoffs this year.
    The easy reason to discount is there's more questions than answers at the pressure points: Kliff and Kyler. Coach needs to show he can adapt and develop, and Kyler needs to keep showing more. They also need more skill weapons.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sure I just don't think the "he took a bag to go to a trash team even though he said he was going to prioritize winning" reaction to this signing holds water. it is a perfectly reasonable team to sign with.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    He took a bag to play for a coach with a 'player's culture' mentality as likely (strongly) sold to him by Hopkins, which at this stage of his career is probably pretty meaningful.

He also took a bag to play for a team that while perhaps not ready made contender will be by and large competitive week in and week out with some hopeful sings for growth - ie a young rising star qb.

He also also took a bag to go play in a warm weather year round athlete friendly environment for a two-pro athlete household.

I don't think it was any one thing but a totality of pluses that just made sense to him on the whole at his career sunset.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Ex-NFL player Kellen Winslow II gets 14-year prison sentence for rapes, assaults

To just read through the charges and convictions here, it's just completely incomprehensible.

Exposure to old(er) ladies while on bond, rape of a homeless woman, sexual assaults galore. What a fuckin maniac.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big Ben and the Steelers worked out a new contract. I'm happy he'll be back with them for another go-round.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Steelers didn't have much choice there. I've never considered myself a huge fan of Big Ben, mostly because he's a rapist, but if I try to focus only on his on-field stuff, he deserves a lot of credit.

As for Kellen Winslow II, sounds like he's a piece of crap, almost as bad as Aaron Hernandez.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mozambique
    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    He took a bag to play for a coach with a 'player's culture' mentality as likely (strongly) sold to him by Hopkins, which at this stage of his career is probably pretty meaningful.

He also took a bag to play for a team that while perhaps not ready made contender will be by and large competitive week in and week out with some hopeful sings for growth - ie a young rising star qb.

He also also took a bag to go play in a warm weather year round athlete friendly environment for a two-pro athlete household.

I don't think it was any one thing but a totality of pluses that just made sense to him on the whole at his career sunset.
    This makes sense and provides some good perspective beyond the narrative that he just wanted to play for a SB team

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ex-NFL player Kellen Winslow II gets 14-year prison sentence for rapes, assaults

To just read through the charges and convictions here, it's just completely incomprehensible.

Exposure to old(er) ladies while on bond, rape of a homeless woman, sexual assaults galore. What a fuckin maniac.

I think I speak for most all of us when I say Fuck that guy.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    I think I speak for most all of us when I say Fuck that guy.
    Hopefully that is exactly what happens to him in prison.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4 years, $160 million for Dak to stay with the Cowboys. $126 million guaranteed.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m glad they worked it out. Also this fits in with something I said earlier about QBs working out extensions that guarantee themselves no future franchise tag (like Brady). Dak is guaranteed to hit free agency at age 31 if he so chooses due to the void years on this deal. This helps the team spread the cap hit but also puts Dak in position to choose his fate on his next deal and know in advance that he’ll have that freedom.

Good deal.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And unless the sport hits the shitter, there's going to be a ton more money on the table for everyone in four years.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I mean the truth is that 40 million is going to become a much more standard qb salary over the next few seasons and seeing as how they made Dak play out his whole rookie deal before offering him more, this feels fair in the long run. Also there was nothing else to be done. If Jerry wanted to pay him 34 a year then the time to ink him to that deal was a year or two before his first contract ran out. The market is what it is now. And this is what you have to pay if you don't want to lose your guy.

Now if they could just get a defense going they might win some games.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Jerry owed Dak that contract, after the way he treated his franchise QB the past two years. I’m glad Dak got paid.

I will absolutely always be on “Team Get Your Money”, whether you’re a NFL QB or Joe/Jill Blow working bullshit job X to get by; the company will knife you in the back at the first available opportunity so you need to get yours. That said, I’m waiting for the franchise QBs to figure out that they can a) break bank or b) leave a little on the table to help build the team around them.

Hey Russ Wilson, you’re bitching about your shitty O-line, maybe only take $20M a year and use that extra $10M+ to pay for 1-2 quality hoggies to help keep you upright. You’ve already made enough money that your kid’s kids will never have to work a day in their life. Does your life really benefit that much more by making $30M per year instead of “only” $20M?

Greed is one hell of a drug, boys.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Godwin gets the tag. Relatively surprising move but not one I didn't anticipate Tampa would make.

I'll be curious to see how the other wideouts fare.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Golladay won't be tagged, which I'm glad he's thanking the heavens for. Interested to see where he goes.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Jerry owed Dak that contract, after the way he treated his franchise QB the past two years. I’m glad Dak got paid.

I will absolutely always be on “Team Get Your Money”, whether you’re a NFL QB or Joe/Jill Blow working bullshit job X to get by; the company will knife you in the back at the first available opportunity so you need to get yours. That said, I’m waiting for the franchise QBs to figure out that they can a) break bank or b) leave a little on the table to help build the team around them.

Hey Russ Wilson, you’re bitching about your shitty O-line, maybe only take $20M a year and use that extra $10M+ to pay for 1-2 quality hoggies to help keep you upright. You’ve already made enough money that your kid’s kids will never have to work a day in their life. Does your life really benefit that much more by making $30M per year instead of “only” $20M?

Greed is one hell of a drug, boys.
    I am really happy for Dak, and agree with this wholeheartedly. As for QB's taking a discount to allow the team to have better support around them, it worked for Tom Brady for much of the time he was in New England, but even then they failed to get him quality receivers at the end.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hunter Henry won't be tagged, will be heading to free agency.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The Jets must be pumped that all these receivers are hitting the open market.

Kyle Long is also going to make a comeback. Saw him no the Pat McAfee Show a few weeks ago. Seems like a good guy.
    Last edited by TimeSplitter; March 9th, 2021 at 3:06 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ARob tagged in Chicago. Only the glimmer of hope of Watson or Wilson separates him from freedom or more shit.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Malcom Butler's agent says the Titans are going to release him. A move to free up cap space but man I wish we didn't have to do it.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trent Brown is coming back to the Patriots, costing them a 5th and a 7th round picks next year. If they can manage to keep free agents Joe Thuney and David Andrews, and Isaiah Wynn stays healthy, they will be solid at the O-line. Even better if they can keep Marcus Cannon, who opted out last year due to Covid. If they hope to get a quality QB who has options, then having a solid line helps their position, but they still need weapons to target.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Trent Brown is coming back to the Patriots, costing them a 5th and a 7th round picks next year. If they can manage to keep free agents Joe Thuney and David Andrews, and Isaiah Wynn stays healthy, they will be solid at the O-line. Even better if they can keep Marcus Cannon, who opted out last year due to Covid. If they hope to get a quality QB who has options, then having a solid line helps their position, but they still need weapons to target.
    Don't say the first part of that last sentence too loud where @Fro can hear it.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Chiefs cut both stating tackles. Both missed the Super Bowl and the team was beat up by Tampa. These cuts are crazy this week. I want to see people argue about "Player X should play the deal he signed" when teams can cut players whenever they want too.

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I want to see people argue that teams should not cut guys when players are not honoring the deal they signed.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want to see anyone argue

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want more players to demand higher guarantees in their contracts, so this won't happen (as much). Shitty organizations like the Jets deserve to lose players like Jamal Adams last year. For now, I am supporting DeShaun Watson's request to be traded, because the Texans are f'd up.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    If the f'd up Texans can get a haul like the shitty Jets org did for Adams but even greater relative to Watson being a young, just hitting his prime legit franchise QB then I'll be thrilled.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I had to bet on the Watson deal, I'd bet the Texans don't budge this year and neither does he and Watson sits out the entire year before ownership finally gets it.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    If I had to bet on the Watson deal, I'd bet the Texans don't budge this year and neither does he and Watson sits out the entire year before ownership finally gets it.
    That's where I lean

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Cam Newton re-signs with Pats. Close to 14 million

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Pats got a better deal on him last year. I hope he's that much better this year (and they get him some offensive weapons to work with)

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like this deal. I mean we don't know the details yet but it's reportedly incentive laden with a max value of $14 million. I would rather trade for Jimmy G but he doesn't seem to be available at the moment. Bringing back Cam is better than signing another low-cost veteran QB IMO. Maybe Cam is your starter but they draft a guy in the first or second round to be the next up (this seems most likely). Maybe Jimmy becomes available and you try to acquire him.

If the Pats get some good pass catchers then we should see a better Cam this year, and he really wasn't as big of a step down from 2019 Brady as people think (don't forget how bad the Pats offense was in 2019 with Brady and Edelman playing all year). So yea I like the move. And it's funny seeing many Pats fans and media members weeping on twitter right now at yet another unpopular Bill Belichick roster decision that is probably actually smart.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m in full out meltdown mode.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe Jimmy becomes available and you try to acquire him.
    He might be, but I'm inclined to think they're looking to find a better backup because you clearly need one if he's your starting QB.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I understand this correctly... Brady's cap hit was supposed to be about $28 million. Schefter says the extension lowed it by $19 million, so Brady will have a 2021 cap hit of about $9 million.

That's wild if true. Bucs are going to be a wagon.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If the cap is expected to go up once the TV deals are announced after this year, look for everyone to go to Tampa on a one year deal.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Brady did lower his cap hit in an effort to bring more talent to Tampa, good on him.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like this deal. I mean we don't know the details yet but it's reportedly incentive laden with a max value of $14 million. I would rather trade for Jimmy G but he doesn't seem to be available at the moment. Bringing back Cam is better than signing another low-cost veteran QB IMO. Maybe Cam is your starter but they draft a guy in the first or second round to be the next up (this seems most likely). Maybe Jimmy becomes available and you try to acquire him.

If the Pats get some good pass catchers then we should see a better Cam this year, and he really wasn't as big of a step down from 2019 Brady as people think (don't forget how bad the Pats offense was in 2019 with Brady and Edelman playing all year). So yea I like the move. And it's funny seeing many Pats fans and media members weeping on twitter right now at yet another unpopular Bill Belichick roster decision that is probably actually smart.

Kinda leaves out Brady's 24 td 8 int to Cam's 8 tds and 10 int.

But I think this is a good move for everyone. The patriots wont be AS weaponless this season and Cam can still play I feel. He wont ever be the guy that he was in his MVP year but I think he can win games still.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kinda leaves out Brady's 24 td 8 int to Cam's 8 tds and 10 int.

But I think this is a good move for everyone. The patriots wont be AS weaponless this season and Cam can still play I feel. He wont ever be the guy that he was in his MVP year but I think he can win games still.
    I agree but when you include rushing scores it's not as lopsided:

Brady had 27 TDs (passing plus rushing) in 2019 in 17 games (1.59 per game). Cam had 20 TDs in 2020 in 15 games (1.33 per game).

But look I'm not saying Cam was as good as Brady. Those passing stats (like yards/attempt) are also skewed because the Pats were a losing team in 2020 so they had more garbage yards. However I just don't think Cam was as awful as people think, and the Patriots anemic offense heading into the 2019 playoff loss to TN was bad, really bad. Brady feasted in the first 5 weeks of 2019 (99 passer rating) and struggled mightily in the last 12 games (83 rating in the final 11 regular season games, 59 rating in their playoff loss).

It was a tough situation for even the goat to make work, and there wasn't a lot of year-over-year turnaround on the roster.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah I dont think he was that bad either. He just had NOTHING to work with. If anything Cam proved he can still play in this league. He just can't drag 2 guys 20 yards into the end zone anymore.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now people will say Cam looked bad in 2020 (eye ball test), missing a lot of throws. And that's fair. He also went to a new team, arguably the most complex offense in the NFL to learn, and had no offseason program or preseason. I think he will improve. Also this is a one year deal and I'm expecting them to draft someone if they don't trade for Jimmy (which has maybe a 5% chance of happening).

I saw a report that the Patriots did kick the tires on Jimmy but the Niners aren't making him available now (maybe later if things change) so the Pats made this move to retain Cam.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm unsold on Jimmy. Plus he has the monster contract. If I'm a pats fan I think I'd want a new kid on a rookie deal so I can spend my money elsewhere.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimmy is damn good when he plays but he's injury prone. Staying on the field is his problem.

But yea I'm all for drafting someone and sitting him behind Cam until he's ready or until Cam stinks enough to lose the job.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like KC is gonna restructure the Mahomes deal to free up some money for this year. Brady as well.

God there is so much of that going around rn.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I'm unsold on Jimmy. Plus he has the monster contract. If I'm a pats fan I think I'd want a new kid on a rookie deal so I can spend my money elsewhere.
    This, all of it. And I’m a Niners non-Jimmy G fan. I would love to be able to find the next franchise QB in the first 32 one of these years.

Looks like KC is gonna restructure the Mahomes deal to free up some money for this year. Brady as well.

God there is so much of that going around rn.
    When are the elite QBs going to learn that, in a cap NFL, you can’t ask for $30M+ (~20% of the cap for 1/53rd of the roster) and expect the organization to be able to build a solid team around you.

At some point you, as an NFL starting QB, have to take a long hard look in the mirror and realize that “I’ve already made enough money to provide for my children’s children, how much more do I really need?”. Maybe take $20M a year (spoiler alert: that is still a shitload of money), use the $10M-$15M that you could potentially get to add another 3-4 quality pieces around you? And I say this as somebody usually on Team “Go Get Yours”. Figure it out.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, the Packers are quite dumb.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Man, the Packers are quite dumb.
    Why

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drew Brees has officially retired.

What a man. Going to be very weird watching us with a new QB even if we saw glimpses of what it would be like the past two seasons.

We cant be going with Taysom Hill surely? I mean I love Hill but his effectiveness is more to do with the fact that he doesn't play every down at QB and he can do a bit of everything.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why
    Let's see...

- A stubborn philosophical belief forced them to pay more for a RB (the tag could have been cheaper).
    - The picks of Love and now Dillon are officially depreciating. I imagine there could have been 1-2 picks that proved to be more impactful in the short term and potentially the long term.
    - The money they spent on Jones certainly opens the door on pricing them out of free agent options on the outside that would help Rodgers and they'll likely now follow their status quo of having him make the best of the hand he's been dealt and they'll use their assets on other parts of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    Drew Brees has officially retired.

What a man. Going to be very weird watching us with a new QB even if we saw glimpses of what it would be like the past two seasons.

We cant be going with Taysom Hill surely? I mean I love Hill but his effectiveness is more to do with the fact that he doesn't play every down at QB and he can do a bit of everything.
    Unless he's priced out, I presume Winston is their starter.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mozambique
    Let's see...

- A stubborn philosophical belief forced them to pay more for a RB (the tag could have been cheaper).
    - The picks of Love and now Dillon are officially depreciating. I imagine there could have been 1-2 picks that proved to be more impactful in the short term and potentially the long term.
    - The money they spent on Jones certainly opens the door on pricing them out of free agent options on the outside that would help Rodgers and they'll likely now follow their status quo of having him make the best of the hand he's been dealt and they'll use their assets on other parts of the team.

Jamaal Williams has had 150+ touches the last two years. With him leaving, Dillon still plays a valuable role regardless of Jones' presence, and their very different styles potentially makes the offense better than it was with Jones/Williams.

Additionally, from what I read, Jones actual yearly average is closer to 9.5 mil per year that can reach 12m per year based on incentives. Considering there were rumors he received an offer at the beginning of 2020 that would have paid him more than Dalvin cook and he had turned it down, I think it's a great signing.

If they were to let a star player go just because they spent a second round draft pick on another player at the same position, THAT would be dumb.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's see...

I'm not to sure about that, we had him last season and we went with Hill instead when Brees was out. He barely played.

I mean we could try and get Mac Jones or someone like that in the first round. Hard to tel as there are loads of moving pieces at QB this year.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    Jamaal Williams has had 150+ touches the last two years. With him leaving, Dillon still plays a valuable role regardless of Jones' presence, and their very different styles potentially makes the offense better than it was with Jones/Williams.

Additionally, from what I read, Jones actual yearly average is closer to 9.5 mil per year that can reach 12m per year based on incentives. Considering there were rumors he received an offer at the beginning of 2020 that would have paid him more than Dalvin cook and he had turned it down, I think it's a great signing.

If they were to let a star player go just because they spent a second round draft pick on another player at the same position, THAT would be dumb.
    While he showed some flashes, Dillon needs to show he can be a reliable pass catcher in order to make good on replacing those touches and not overworking Jones.

I have no problem with his signing in relation to him. It's good for the position and for him. It just seems like a misallocation of resources that could get worse over time.

I'm not to sure about that, we had him last season and we went with Hill instead when Brees was out. He barely played.

I mean we could try and get Mac Jones or someone like that in the first round. Hard to tel as there are loads of moving pieces at QB this year.
    I tend to think he's lack of PT was due to not being fully acclimated to the new system. I would think they wouldn't invest in him if they don't think he can handle it. At worst, there would be a healthy competition in camp. That said, find someone in life that loves you as much as Payton loves Hill.

Feels like they'd have to trade up or he would be falling rather far if Jones was a target.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; March 15th, 2021 at 9:35 AM.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While he showed some flashes, Dillon needs to show he can be a reliable pass catcher in order to make good on replacing those touches and not overworking Jones.

I have no problem with his signing in relation to him. It's good for the position and for him. It just seems like a misallocation of resources that could get worse over time.
    Get worse over time in what sense? I don't know all of the details but if I'm reading correctly that only his $13 million signing bonus is expected to be guaranteed, then that is a relative bargain compared to Zeke getting $50 million, Kamara at $33 mil and Henry getting $25.5 million. I don't think Jones is as good as those guys mind you, but that low guarantee is probably the result of a cheap COVID deal. The risk here doesn't seem very high.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tend to think he's lack of PT was due to not being fully acclimated to the new system. I would think they wouldn't invest in him if they don't think he can handle it. At worst, there would be a healthy competition in camp. That said, find someone in life that loves you as much as Payton loves Hill.

Feels like they'd have to trade up or he would be falling rather far if Jones was a target.
    It didn't stop Bridgewater playing a bunch of games the year before. I guess we would bring Winston back if nobody else comes in for him. We all love Hill as the gadget player. As a full time QB not so much (he's not terrible as such or anything).

I don't know with Jones. Most people seem to have him down as the 5th best QB prospect in mock drafts, I could easily see him falling to pick 28. Would make sense too as he is Brees type of player, very rarely gives the ball away and a bit of a statue which is OK with our O-Line.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    No way Mac Jones goes past 20

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get worse over time in what sense? I don't know all of the details but if I'm reading correctly that only his $13 million signing bonus is expected to be guaranteed, then that is a relative bargain compared to Zeke getting $50 million, Kamara at $33 mil and Henry getting $25.5 million. I don't think Jones is as good as those guys mind you, but that low guarantee is probably the result of a cheap COVID deal. The risk here doesn't seem very high.
    Again, really didn't have a problem with the deal for Jones himself because I'm about guys getting their money. The narrative can now change that Dillon was drafted to be the main backup to Jones. Is that really worth a second-round pick though? They used their first two picks, including moving up for the first one, on players that barely saw the field and only one has a path to seeing it right now. That doesn't strike me as a smart philosophy when you're a team that just came off losing in the championship game and then retroactively saw your QB win the MVP. If you're a team that's that close and probably closer to a win-now mindset versus the alternative, I don't think those were smart selections and could really cost them.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know with Jones. Most people seem to have him down as the 5th best QB prospect in mock drafts, I could easily see him falling to pick 28. .
    I would happily take that bet because I think he's gone before that.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the Bucs have already now kept Godwin, Shaq Barrett and Lavonte David (the big news being today's Barrett signing). They are really running it back as Bruce Arians drunkenly yelled at them during the parade presentation. Gronk should be an easy signing, and I imagine AB will stay put as well since he loves Brady. These guys are the easy Super Bowl favorites right now in my view, ahead of the Chiefs.

The Patriots got Jonnu. Yay.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Jonnu. Enjoy his amazingness...and the one really stupid thing he does every game.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least Cam has a very large target to throw to. Will the ball get there? Tune in to find out.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the Bucs have already now kept Godwin, Shaq Barrett and Lavonte David (the big news being today's Barrett signing). They are really running it back as Bruce Arians drunkenly yelled at them during the parade presentation. Gronk should be an easy signing, and I imagine AB will stay put as well since he loves Brady. These guys are the easy Super Bowl favorites right now in my view, ahead of the Chiefs.

The Patriots got Jonnu. Yay.
    They are not even the best team in their division.

Well last year anyway, they probably will be next year...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Titans to bring in Bud Dupree from Pitt at 16 mil a year. I love Bud but that's a risk with his torn ACL last season. But if it goes well it could be huge for our pass rushless defense. We have Simmons in the middle getting doubled on every snap. With an effective edge rusher suddenly they can't double Simmons and now we get to the qb either from the edge or up the middle. Also Bud can play down lineman in nickle which he will need to do in our defense.

Not the best move they could have made but at least they made a move to improve our biggest weakness along with bringing in Autry who should help at least a little.

Also the Jets keep on being the jets and sign former Titan Corey Davis at wr. Always a good idea to sign a guy who has one productive season under his belt that just happened to be his contract year.
    Last edited by Rancid_Planet; March 15th, 2021 at 10:30 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also the Jets keep on being the jets and sign former Titan Corey Davis at wr. Always a good idea to sign a guy who has one productive season under his belt that just happened to be his contract year.
    No disputing the argument here but I don't hate their trio. Mims looks like he's going to be a player, Crowder is obviously a skilled possession receiver, and Davis is the critical component. He's clearly better next to a true alpha but it's put up or shut up time for him now. Obviously there's a larger problem because there's a massive question in regards to who their QB is going to be.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean he didnt do shit until AJ Brown started becoming a known force and even then he fell off mightily at the end of the year. But hey I hope he does well and the Jets didn't just waste a ton of money on him. He obviously can get 1000 yards a year under the right conditions.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean he didnt do shit until AJ Brown started becoming a known force and even then he fell off mightily at the end of the year. But hey I hope he does well and the Jets didn't just waste a ton of money on him. He obviously can get 1000 yards a year under the right conditions.
    We're just talking to talk at this point lol because there's no disagreement. If the offense actually get a suitable QB and RB, the odds seem relatively favorable that he could look good. I imagine the offense is going to be run-heavy and PA-friendly, which bodes well for him. He's got talent but he clearly needs a lot of support to work in his direction to get results. We'll see if he gets it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fitzpatrick going to Washington as the initial option as the starter is a great short-term choice. They needed something to unlock the conservative nature of the offense and he's absolutely going to do that. With a stout defense poised to be there, they got more interesting in a hurry.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are not even the best team in their division.

Well last year anyway, they probably will be next year...
    I hate to break it to you but the Buccaneers were the best team in the NFC South in 2020. They were in fact the best team in the NFL. Even if you put the Super Bowl title aside, they went 15-5 and the Saints went 13-5.

Gronk signs for 1 year, $10 million. AB next?

There’s a chance AB could not want to be WR3 anymore. that would certainly be understandable, even aside from the fact that another team could offer him more money. I still give it a 65% chance he stays put despite no deal on day 1.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m very happy with the pats signings today. They went in and reloaded. It seems like they reached to get Agholor and Bourne but I’ll wait on the contract specifics before calling it an overpay. Even if they overpaid I’m happy to have those guys on board.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesnt AB still have a looming charge and a courtdate? I bet nobody makes him a good offer.

Jobber
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m very happy with the pats signings today. They went in and reloaded. It seems like they reached to get Agholor and Bourne but I’ll wait on the contract specifics before calling it an overpay. Even if they overpaid I’m happy to have those guys on board.
    Considering the past transfers, the upcoming season promises to be interesting and eventful. It seems to me that surprises may await us.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Dalvin Tomlinson and Nick Vigil sign with my Vikings. With Pierce opting back in the DT position is not a liability this year. Vigil should help with depth and the probably loss of Eric Wilson. Now we just need to get another pass rusher or two with Danielle Hunter not happy.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Now the Pats strike again with Hunter Henry. Wow.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the Pats signed Hunter Henry, too. Double dipped to get the top 2 tight ends on the market. And the streets are saying they're not done yet...

Granted some of what they're not done with could be dealing Stephon Gilmore. I hope they work out a contract restructure to keep him. A #1 CB is so valuable.

Also I'm still hoping they re-sign their center David Andrews. That would solidify a potentially great o-line.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone on Reddit said Belichek is doing some retail therapy after seeing his ex flourishing with someone else and I can’t stop laughing.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Brady says he's giving his phone number out to fans..

https://twitter.com/TomBrady/status/1371486902503813126

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bunch of celebs and influencers have been doing this over the last couple of months. obvs not their real/primary cell numbers, that way they can ignore it when they want and it's also not attached to anything like their personal cloud storage or anything.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Bears aiming for last place.

Andy Dalton? After all that?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Tyrod Taylor to the Texans. A good bridge QB if they decide to trade Watson.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just called him but he didn't pick up and his voicemail is full. WTF

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Titans just released Adoree Jackson and Dennis Kelly. Jackson is a huge surprise because they also released Malcom Butler last week so thats both corners. The titans are under cap and Kelly was due 5 million, Jackson 10 million.

I think a big move is coming.

And now they've signed Janoris "I used the R word" Jenkins. A vet corner that wont command nearly all the cap room that the Titans just cleared. So why did they clear that much room?

Hmmm. More to come maybe.
    Last edited by Rancid_Planet; March 16th, 2021 at 6:48 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AJ Green to the Cardinals on a one year deal with $6 million guaranteed. Good move to get Kyler another receiver he can trust.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    AJ Green to the Cardinals on a one year deal with $6 million guaranteed. Good move to get Kyler another receiver he can trust.
    He didn't look very good last season with a lot of targets that went his way. Burrow wasn't totally great with the throws with a bad OL but that's only part of them blame so the rest needs to go to him. Either he was sandbagging or he's dust.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    As if the Deshaun Watson drama wasn't enough already..

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As if the Deshaun Watson drama wasn't enough already..
    The allegations? They seem like bullshit to me. I don't necessarily buy into the conspiracy that the Texans are behind them and that the McNairs have a relationship with the attorney (neighbors?), but it's possible. Either way this attorney using social media to call attention to it is very suspect and unprofessional. And he is clearly at least a big Texans fan. If his clients are truly victims, he is doing them no favors by posting updates on instagram and making this a publicity fest. He seems like a sleezeball.

This is what they often do to successful black men in America who don't fall in line.

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This is what they do when men rub the tip of their dick on women who didn't want it to happen.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall I like what the Titans have done with Free Agency. The only big loss on offense was Johnnu Smith and its not like he was a top 5 TE. I couldnt care less about losing Cory Davis. On defense our two top corners are gone with Butler and Jackson getting released. But theyve resigned Jayon Brown to a one year prove it deal and brought in Bud Dupree from the Steelers which should be YUGE, Denico Autry (who killed us playing for the Colts last year) so the D line and pass rush just got a major overhaul and thats been the weak link for years with this team.

They also brought in Janoris Jenkins and Kendall Lamm to plug up some holes and with 4 of the first 100 picks the Titans can add a lot via the draft as well.

I hate to see the defensive backfield get worse, which it has, but if the pass rush as is as good as it looks like it might be then I have no problem here. The Titans might be even better next year that they've been the last 2.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall I like what the Titans have done with Free Agency. The only big loss on offense was Johnnu Smith and its not like he was a top 5 TE. I couldnt care less about losing Cory Davis. On defense our two top corners are gone with Butler and Jackson getting released. But theyve resigned Jayon Brown to a one year prove it deal and brought in Bud Dupree from the Steelers which should be YUGE, Denico Autry (who killed us playing for the Colts last year) so the D line and pass rush just got a major overhaul and thats been the weak link for years with this team.

They also brought in Janoris Jenkins and Kendall Lamm to plug up some holes and with 4 of the first 100 picks the Titans can add a lot via the draft as well.

I hate to see the defensive backfield get worse, which it has, but if the pass rush as is as good as it looks like it might be then I have no problem here. The Titans might be even better next year that they've been the last 2.
    This is under the premise I get it is a run-first offense but...no concern about losing the OC and what is behind AJB on the outside?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is under the premise I get it is a run-first offense but...no concern about losing the OC and what is behind AJB on the outside?
    I just dont know about Arthur Smith. He pretty much just ran from the playbook that the previous OC had run. So I don't know how much credit to give him really. Could be that we stink it up with a new OC so I do have my concerns.

And I mean I'll be honest. I don't think there was much behind AJB late into the season last year. And yet he was still getting open and getting mad yac just like he always does. My only concern is that GM J Rob is probably going to have to try and draft a number 2 WR and we all know how difficult it can be to hit on a reciever in the draft.

If it comes down to losing some offense in order to gain a pass rush though, I'll take that deal. I have a true number 1 wr, a 2000 yd rb, and a qb that's automatic in the red zone. We'll score enough to win if we can just have even an average defense instead of this league worst shit.

They can find another Davis in the draft. I mean they might not but that's on them. It can be done. Smith is the big loss and he was a 500 yd a season guy. Doesn't hurt the same as losing Delanie Walker did. The big dogs are still there.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a draft to find a wideout so that's promising.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pats bringing back Kyle Van Noy. I like the move.

Sad to see Patrick Chung hanging up the cleats, but good for him. I just read he's the only player in NFL history to make the playoffs in his first 11 seasons.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good on Vegas drafting a RB in the first round and perpetually putting road blocks in front of him so he won't be a workhorse.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Good on Vegas drafting a RB in the first round and perpetually putting road blocks in front of him so he won't be a workhorse.
    Hot take: Monte Kiffin and his Tampa-2/defensive playmakers were the real reason the Bucs made it to and won Super Bowl 37.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneeneighbor View Post
    This is what they do when men rub the tip of their dick on women who didn't want it to happen.
    Maybe Robert Kraft will offer his lawyers to Deshaun Watson as part of a trade deal.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Maybe Robert Kraft will offer his lawyers to Deshaun Watson as part of a trade deal.
    Oooooooooh

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DeShaun faces the very real chance of not playing this year.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2020 Titans 1st round pick Isiah Wilson, who was traded to Miami, now cut by Miami after about 4 days.

Wilson played about 3 snaps for the Titans last season as he spent the rest of the season getting the cops called on him, trying to jump off balconies while running from police, getting DUIs and catching covid. Miami cut him because he wouldnt attend meetings or workouts because he was too busy making videos of him vaping and dancing on cars.

You know...I don't think hes gonna make it in this league...

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a big move is coming.
    Did it?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did it?
    Nope. Lol. Just a series of smaller moves.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Titans sign Josh Reynolds from the Rams to be the number 2 wr.