Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrestlemania 37

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    I think it's weird to have tickets go on sale without knowing who is wrestling which night. I mean if you want to see Edge wrestle, you don't know which night he is on.
    I think times have changed and the event sells itself. With potentially reduced prices, it's probably advantageous to go to both. I doubt if someone really wanted to go, they'd go to both nights.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    I think times have changed and the event sells itself. With potentially reduced prices, it's probably advantageous to go to both. I doubt if someone really wanted to go, they'd go to both nights.
    It's like the Super Bowl. Nobody knows who the fuck is going to be in it and it's sold out the year prior. Mania and really all ppvs are no different unless they're not sold out. Then you can go "Well they have tickets and the main event looks awesome let's check it out!"

Plus, they want you to buy for both nights. I'm sure many will if they have the money. I mean, many of us did get quite a large chunk of change. If you can't get a ticket for less than your stimulus then you need to just get Peacock.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well that depends on the price of the ticket. will it cost the same as a normal wrestlemania? It's unreasonable to assume someone will buy tickets to both nights of that's the case.

I agree the event sells itself but we have a unique situation where the nights have two cards so you won't see everyone like you would a normal Mania. apples and oranges imo

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well that depends on the price of the ticket. will it cost the same as a normal wrestlemania? It's unreasonable to assume someone will buy tickets to both nights of that's the case.

I agree the event sells itself but we have a unique situation where the nights have two cards so you won't see everyone like you would a normal Mania. apples and oranges imo
    I don't know about the prices. Either way, that feels relatively inconsequential and not entirely unreasonable because it's still a brand and its the first wrestling show with a live audience to this capacity and people will want to go. I'm sure it'll have no problem selling out.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's odd that someone just scoffs at the fact that people have bought tickets and Mania has sold out a year in advance many times but due this being 2 days it's going to be big factor? I doubt it.

Just sounds like nitpicking.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd go to either night, doesn't matter who's on the card.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I'd go to either night, doesn't matter who's on the card.
    Has it ever unless you wait until the last minute to get tickets, IF you can.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the strong rumor is that Banks and Belair are going to main event at least one of the nights and I was just thinking.....Not only would that be the first singles women's main event at Mania but the first time 2 minorities main evented.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matches on the docket so far:

Night one:
    McIntyre vs. Lashley for the WWE title
    Bianca vs. Sasha for the Smackdown Women's title
    Bad Bunny vs. Miz

Night two:
    Edge vs. Reigns (extremely likely to be changed to Edge vs. Bryan vs. Reigns) for the Universal title
    Rhea vs. Asuka for the Raw Women's title
    Orton vs. The Fiend

TBD:
    Styles and Omos vs. New Day for the Raw tag team titles
    Strowman vs. McMahon
    Last edited by BGMaverick; March 23rd, 2021 at 12:49 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Looking at that tentative card, the only matches that interest me are the RAW and SmackDown Women’s titles. Strap the rockets onto Bianca Belair and Rhea Ripley, let’s fucking go!!!

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone remembers my "matches/Feuds that would get you HYPED" thread from a bit ago, you'd know that Asuka vs. Rhea Ripley was one that I listed so WOOT WOOT.
    Outside of that, I'd say I'm pretty on board for Reigns/Edge/Bryan.
    Lashley/McIntyre has potential to be a good hoss fight.
    Banks/Belair should be pretty damn good and I'd be happy to see Bianca get the big win (along with Rhea,, hell yes).
    Orton/Fiend will probably be a cinematic mindfuck which could be fun and/or awful.
    I've got a bit of interest in seeing what Omos and Bad Bunny can do.
    I give zero fucks about Shane/Strowman, though.
    Last edited by mth; March 23rd, 2021 at 12:35 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asuka v. Rhea Ripley will tear the house down. Curious to see if Sasha and Bianca are still headlining night one now that it's been confirmed Lashley v. Drew is on night one as well.

Shane v. Strowman could be a fun hardcore style match if it doesn't go 20 minutes. Sometimes Shane matches tend to drag a little but I haven't been letdown at Mania by Shane McMahon.

The 2 matches I'm most hyped about are The Fiend v. Orton and Asuka v. Ripley. If they sign Cesaro v. Seth Rollins that might be candidate for match of the night if not match of the year.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matches on the docket so far:

Night one:
    McIntyre vs. Lashley for the WWE title
    Bianca vs. Sasha for the Smackdown Women's title
    Bad Bunny vs. Miz

Night two:
    Edge vs. Reigns (extremely likely to be changed to Edge vs. Bryan vs. Reigns) for the Universal title
    Rhea vs. Asuka for the Raw Women's title
    Orton vs. The Fiend

TBD:
    Styles and Omos vs. New Day for the Raw tag team titles
    Strowman vs. McMahon
    I am thinking this will likely be added

Cesaro vs Rollins-this could be match of the night
    Big E vs Crews-IC title gimmick match
    Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens
    Riddle vs Sheamus-US title
    Women's tag titles
    Roode/Ziggler vs Profits vs Mysterios vs Gable/Otis-Smackdown tag
    Two battle royals

You will have 8 matches on each card. You will get two women's matches on each show, tag titles on each show, US/IC title on each show, and KO/Zayn on one and Rollins/Cesaro on the other.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am thinking this will likely be added

Cesaro vs Rollins-this could be match of the night
    Big E vs Crews-IC title gimmick match
    Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens
    Riddle vs Sheamus-US title
    Women's tag titles
    Roode/Ziggler vs Profits vs Mysterios vs Gable/Otis-Smackdown tag
    Two battle royals

You will have 8 matches on each card. You will get two women's matches on each show, tag titles on each show, US/IC title on each show, and KO/Zayn on one and Rollins/Cesaro on the other.
    With as many matches potentially there, the ideas of battle royals feel unnecessary. They could happen but I wouldn't count on it. If last year was a template, they didn't have them.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With as many matches potentially there, the ideas of battle royals feel unnecessary. They could happen but I wouldn't count on it. If last year was a template, they didn't have them.
    It's possible they didn't have them due to the early issues with covid and not allowing that many people in the ring or performance center at once. I am not 100% sure. I was just thinking if they wanted to get everyone on the card like Corbin, Nakamura, Hurt Business, etc that is the way to do it.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope Lashley goes over but doubt it happens.
    Just about everything but the developing Smackdown tag match interests me.

Nice to have a mostly legends/celebrity-free card this year with Bunny as the exception. Would rather it have been Priest vs. one of Miz-Morrison but a match like this and an expected loss for Miz should be good for post-Mania complaining from him.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah I'd love for Lashley to win. McIntyre is becoming stale for me. A heel turn would be nice.

They built Lashley up as a dominant guy, so why on earth is he trying to get someone to take out McIntyre for him? He could easily do it himself!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even Galactus had Silver Surfer.

I'll be honest I want Drew to win but there is a part of me that wouldn't mind seeing Lashley keep it going.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, while I'm not a Lashley fan I would also prefer to keep the belt on him rather than have Drew win it back again when he's already had his year on top.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the WWE end Mania with 2 heel World champions though?

I could see the double turn but it will only work if the Mania fans cheer Lashley and boo McIntyre. You get Drew over as a disgruntled babyface who doesn't understand why after carrying the WWE on his back during 2020 and beyond that fans wouldn't support him. When he realizes maybe they never did and he realizes Undertaker was right, he got soft. He turns full heel and then regains the title from Lashley in May-June.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    2? Edge is winning surely.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember, Lashley had a couple of chances as the challenger, but Lana cost him and he divorced her. Drew deserved a win in front of a live crowd, and he's carried the company for the past year. But MVP helped salvage Lashley's career, and he's been dominant. IMHO, Lashley's character needs the win more than Drew does.

Whatever happened to Keith Lee?

If Charlotte is cleared and 100% ready to return, where does she end up? And Bayley certainly deserves a Mania spot for the year she's had.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    He could be turning.

But I also think it's very up in the air on who is winning those matches.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if Bray's new costume will effect his ability to wrestle. It kinda looks like he has the issue Michael Keaton had as Batman where he had to turn his whole body around because the neck was too stiff. And he had rubber over his forearms to look like the skin was burned which could also effect his movement. Granted the Fiend isn't a character that you expect to have 5 star classics but I hope it doesn't turn him into a Goldberg character that has 3 minute matches all of the time.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I wonder if Bray's new costume will effect his ability to wrestle. It kinda looks like he has the issue Michael Keaton had as Batman where he had to turn his whole body around because the neck was too stiff. And he had rubber over his forearms to look like the skin was burned which could also effect his movement. Granted the Fiend isn't a character that you expect to have 5 star classics but I hope it doesn't turn him into a Goldberg character that has 3 minute matches all of the time.
    I think some would say that's a blessing.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    FWIW, I thought Bray looked slimmed down, like he’d lost a lot of weight during his hiatus.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    FWIW, I thought Bray looked slimmed down, like he’d lost a lot of weight during his hiatus.
    I think that’s why there are rumors that its actually Bo Dallas in the costume but the grunts and noises he made sound like Bray to me.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe. I don't think he's the guy to derail Roman's momentum and I definitely don't want to see another part time old dude smash a dominant heel champion. Kind of like when the WWE spent 3 years making Lesnar a god, smashing all the talent until Oldberg squashed him in a minute making it all for nothing.

If Edge beats Roman.....Is that the smartest thing to do? Even if DB took the pin I just don't know if that's the smartest move.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    If Edge beats Roman.....Is that the smartest thing to do? Even if DB took the pin I just don't know if that's the smartest move.
    I really don’t like the idea of Edge going over Reigns in a singles match, feel it would be very counterproductive to the work they’ve done with Reigns’ Tribal Chief character. If Edge were to pin Bryan to win the title, I could accept that.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don’t like the idea of Edge going over Reigns in a singles match, feel it would be very counterproductive to the work they’ve done with Reigns’ Tribal Chief character. If Edge were to pin Bryan to win the title, I could accept that.
    While Edge doesn't have a 10th of the name value, if he won it would remind me of Hogan beating Triple H in 2002. Trips came back with serious momentum, wins the Rumble, beats Jericho, he was 1 day into the Undertaker feud and Hogan gets that 15 minute applause in Montreal. That one segment changed everything completely.

So if Edge wins, we have the another almost 50 year old champion coming back doing the one last run story and I can dig that....I just wish it wasn't at the expense of Roman. Which sounds so weird because I gave up on Roman 2-3 years ago. 2-3 years ago, bring back Edge and give him the push-I'm all about it. But right now it just seems very short sighted. Just like Hogan. They didn't really book that Hogan run very well either so fingers crossed for Edge.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Edge is turning heel, Reigns is retaining at mania, Bryan/Edge is the post-Mania feud while Reigns becomes occupied with someone else (Big E?).

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I think that’s why there are rumors that its actually Bo Dallas in the costume but the grunts and noises he made sound like Bray to me.
    I remember when Kane came back in 2003 and folks thought it was Mark Jindrak. We could start something like that old "three Ultimate Warrior" rumors.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a while, I have wondered if Jimmy Uso would be coming back in time to feud with Main Event Jey? Jey has really delivered in singles matches since Jimmy went out. It's been a dream of theirs to face each other at Mania.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's weird to have tickets go on sale without knowing who is wrestling which night. I mean if you want to see Edge wrestle, you don't know which night he is on.
    It's almost like they want you to buy TWO tickets.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth
    I think Edge is turning heel, Reigns is retaining at mania, Bryan/Edge is the post-Mania feud while Reigns becomes occupied with someone else (Big E?).

I remember when Kane came back in 2003 and folks thought it was Mark Jindrak. We could start something like that old "three Ultimate Warrior" rumors.
    I can see that happening.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Very surprised wwe is taping the go home shows to Mania. Those are usually touted as big ratings bringer but I guess if they are taped they can edit in a perfect show.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    Very surprised wwe is taping the go home shows to Mania. Those are usually touted as big ratings bringer but I guess if they are taped they can edit in a perfect show.
    So they're going to edit a show from 1997-1998ish?

It's all logistics. Blame Smackdown as it falls on night 2 of NXT.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    So they're going to edit a show from 1997-1998ish?

It's all logistics. Blame Smackdown as it falls on night 2 of NXT.
    They are taping because thier contract is up with the stadium and baseball is about to start.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are taping because thier contract is up with the stadium and baseball is about to start.
    So then why is it weird if you know why they're doing it? And what do you mean by "edit in a perfect show"? By who's standards?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Surely a perfect show would be Curt Hennig in every match.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    So then why is it weird if you know why they're doing it? And what do you mean by "edit in a perfect show"? By who's standards?
    It's weird they would do taped shows for the go home to Mania when it can be easily leaked and spoiled. That in turn usually causes a ratings slide. Shit ratings before thier biggest show of the year would be a bad look to the networks.

Edit a perfect show meaning they can fix botched spots/promos, etc.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's weird they would do taped shows for the go home to Mania when it can be easily leaked and spoiled. That in turn usually causes a ratings slide. Shit ratings before thier biggest show of the year would be a bad look to the networks.

Would it be a bad look? Based on what? They've had shit ratings for 15 years, even worse over the last year.

They pretty much do all that now. It's not like they live shoot the Alexa Bliss vanishing and then 2 seconds later appearing riding a full swing set in the same ring she was just standing in. I'll be honest, I think a lot of these shows haven't been live.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    It probably would be a bad look if they dropped a double digit percentage before thier biggest show of the year. Just my opinion but not yours. Time will tell

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It probably would be a bad look if they dropped a double digit percentage before thier biggest show of the year. Just my opinion but not yours. Time will tell
    Yeah let me know how the next board meeting with the Network execs go lol.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Yeah let me know how the next board meeting with the Network execs go lol.
    Will do

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will do
    I've always been curious what the dress code is for these things. I guess if you're projecting a 50% decrease in ratings simply because they're not live then you might want to dress for your funeral.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Where did I say a 50% ratings decrease? Did @LOCONUT hack your account? That's about the same nonsense he would post..

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I predict 51% decline.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did I say a 50% ratings decrease? Did @LOCONUT hack your account? That's about the same nonsense he would post..
    Unlike Loco I always admit when I'm mistaken or misread something, which I did.

So you think there will be cause for alarm if they suffer a 10% decrease? For which show? I could see Smackdown getting a lower rating than the previous week because people will be watching NXT night 2 at the same time. Plus with so many ways to watch, are we talking Monday/Friday or in general?

I don't watch Raw sometimes until Wed-Thursday of that week. Smackdown I try to stay up to date but there are times I'm 2 weeks behind and have to hop on Hulu to catch up. Too many people from our generation are using an old method of dictating what will please a network. And what Network has ever cancelled WWE? They've always left on their own.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    "Please pay attention to me, LOCONUT"

There you go fellas.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I'd say either show but I didn't realize Smackdown would be airing against nxt. That is pretty dumb. I wonder how fox will feel about them taking some of thier own audience and giving it, in a way, to NBC?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Smackdown's on Fridays. NXT is Wednesday & Thursday that week.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Raw
    HOF
    NXT
    NXT
    Smackdown
    WrestleMania
    WrestleMania

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Nash you hitting the hooch at work today?

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edge/Bryan/Roman triple threat official!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada

One way to avoid shit ratings is to not put out a shit product; Raw has been garbage this entire calendar year, SmackDown has been trending in the wrong direction.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One way to avoid shit ratings is to not put out a shit product; Raw has been garbage this entire calendar year, SmackDown has been trending in the wrong direction.
    Wee bit harsh on Smackdown. Okay not perfect but definite positives there like Reigns doing his best heel work ever and the Mania match for example and the rise of Bianca.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated card:

Night One
    McIntyre vs. Lashley (c) - WWE Championship Match
    Bianca vs. Sasha (c) - Smackdown Women's Championship Match
    Bad Bunny vs. Miz
    Cesaro vs. Rollins
    Styles and Omos vs. New Day (c) - Raw Tag Team Championship Match
    Strowman vs. McMahon

Night Two
    Edge vs. Bryan vs. Reigns (c) - Triple-Threat Universal Championship Match
    Rhea vs. Asuka (c) - Raw Women's Championship Match
    Orton vs. The Fiend
    Owens vs. Zayn
    Crews vs. E (c) - Intercontinental Championship Match

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cesaro vs. Rollins has the potential to be a show stealer. So happy to see Cesaro get his first singles Mania match.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Cesaro vs. Rollins has the potential to be a show stealer. So happy to see Cesaro get his first singles Mania match.
    Ditto.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    It's impressive he's getting a solo match, regardless. You have to go back to October 2019 to find where he had a singles match that wasn't a kickoff match on a PPV.

If you don't want to count that (Crown Jewel) or NXT UK Takeover in August of that year, you have to go back to Extreme Rules in July of that year.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I said it first in the SmackDown thread, it’s a fucking travesty that they couldn’t figure out a WrestleMania storyline for their 2020/COVID MVP Bayley.

“Thanks for carrying the company when we went dark, but take an extended vacation right around our Super Bowl.”

FTR, I’m also on the Cesaro hype train.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Cesaro wins at Mania and Woods win KOTR, it’ll be a good DaParty atmosphere this year!

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't watch any of this shit, but let me see if I got this straight. There is no crowd. They control all reactions. And they still fucked up so bad they had to turn Edge heel?

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Or they realise Edgr is vastly superior as heel. But you do you as usual.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    He was kinda in the middle of peaking as a face

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    I don't watch any of this shit, but let me see if I got this straight. There is no crowd. They control all reactions. And they still fucked up so bad they had to turn Edge heel?
    From what I gather, they were afraid Roman would get cheered over Edge.

I like this anyways, has a very WM20 feel to it. Not exactly that but close

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    He was kinda in the middle of peaking as a face
    Not saying he isn't a good face, But as a heel, God damn.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    A lot of it hinges on the inclusion of Bryan. Whether you like Edge or not, I tend to think that many people are going to back Bryan over Edge. It’s either that or they’ve seen with their collective eyes back in 2012-2014 or even earlier that Bryan generates so much support from the audience. That doesn’t make up for the fact with how he was booked prior to the start of this year but they’ve changed course, obviously.

This turn for Edge makes a hell of a lot more sense than what Bryan did when he suddenly turned prior to Survivor Series in 2019. There was no rhyme or reason and boom, turned heel as he won the championship from Styles. At least you can see a narrative that’s been built here. Also, Edge got his babyface run in 2020. It certainly wasn’t maximized but we got a lot of it before he got hurt.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just blame Bryan, he's on the SmackDown creative team...

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edge is kinda like Batista feeling entitled and Reigns is like Orton I think mirroring the past triple threat. Along with Edge being much better as a heel, I think this is a better story.

Bryan is the natural face (though I did like his eco-Vegan heel stuff as well).

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said it first in the SmackDown thread, it’s a fucking travesty that they couldn’t figure out a WrestleMania storyline for their 2020/COVID MVP Bayley.

“Thanks for carrying the company when we went dark, but take an extended vacation right around our Super Bowl.”

FTR, I’m also on the Cesaro hype train.
    Bayley's a much better person to put over Bianca than Sasha. The build to the title match at 'Mania has been atrocious.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They kinda exhausted Bayley/Bianca in singles earlier but still a match that could also have been triple threated for Mania.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bayley and Bianca had great chemistry too. It sucks that Bayley did all that work to heat up Bianca and it's gone to waste.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't really paid a lot of attention to WWE, and the only thing that's really caught my interest is the main event scene on Smackdown. It sounds like some of the stuff they're doing is still dumb as shit.

But there's a lot of younger talent being showcased on this card, and a lot of them are people I've marked for over the last 5 or so years that didn't all get the shine they deserved until now. So I think I'm gonna buy the show just to help encourage the idea that regardless of writing, their focus is heading in the right direction

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    They should have just chopped up the Network documentary (Chronicle or 24, I forget which) on Bianca Belair and aired that on Smackdown instead of doing what they've done. There was so much buzz around her at the start of the year but that seems to decrease by the week. The reluctant tag partners angle was so not the way to go. It has genuinely gotten to a point where you're better off not watching the build because it is more likely to dampen your interest than enhance it.

But the match should still be good. And whether it ends up being that or Lashley/McIntyre main eventing night one, it will mark the first time since CENA VERSUS MIZ AT WRESTLEMANIA 27 that a Wrestlemania main event has consisted entirely of full time roster members.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should have just chopped up the Network documentary (Chronicle or 24, I forget which) on Bianca Belair and aired that on Smackdown instead of doing what they've done. There was so much buzz around her at the start of the year but that seems to decrease by the week. The reluctant tag partners angle was so not the way to go. It has genuinely gotten to a point where you're better off not watching the build because it is more likely to dampen your interest than enhance it.

But the match should still be good. And whether it ends up being that or Lashley/McIntyre main eventing night one, it will mark the first time since CENA VERSUS MIZ AT WRESTLEMANIA 27 that a Wrestlemania main event has consisted entirely of full time roster members.
    Would we consider Edge full time though? He's pretty much had a Sting schedule. I even remember something about him only wrestling 3 matches a year. Or are we talking solely people who literally only wrestle 1 time a year, at Mania? If so, thank God. Finally.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Bayley's a much better person to put over Bianca than Sasha. The build to the title match at 'Mania has been atrocious.
    Hindsight being 20/20 I would've had Bayley beat Sasha THEN Bianca goes over Bayley at Mania ending this long, solid reign that Bayley had.

I think the WWE could've done better with building Banks v. Belair had they done something other than the reluctant tag partner routine. Especially when it involved the tag-team titles in a rematch that zero sense. It's one of those angles that really needs the live crowd to see who's favoring who in this face v. face match.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't have minded the reluctant tag partners thing (even including the rookie/vet aspect) if REGINALD wasn't involved for most of it in its different stages. Whenever he's involved, he seems to overshadow most of what's actually going on within a given story (whether that be a match or angle).

I can see Night 1 starting with McIntyre/Lashley and ending with Bianca/Sasha.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Would we consider Edge full time though? He's pretty much had a Sting schedule. I even remember something about him only wrestling 3 matches a year. Or are we talking solely people who literally only wrestle 1 time a year, at Mania? If so, thank God. Finally.
    Nah, I'm not counting Edge. He's only had 5 matches since he returned. I'm saying that Night 1's main event will be the first. None of Lashley, McIntyre, Belair or Banks are part-time like The Rock, Lesnar, Batista, Triple H, Undertaker, Rousey or Edge are/were. I guess Strowman/Shane could main event but you'd hope not!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hindsight being 20/20 I would've had Bayley beat Sasha THEN Bianca goes over Bayley at Mania ending this long, solid reign that Bayley had.

I think the WWE could've done better with building Banks v. Belair had they done something other than the reluctant tag partner routine. Especially when it involved the tag-team titles in a rematch that zero sense. It's one of those angles that really needs the live crowd to see who's favoring who in this face v. face match.
    Sasha finally gets her chance to run with the title and this is what they give her? It's been underwhelming to say the least. Would have been a much bigger deal for Bianca to topple Bayley's reign than Sasha who's only significant feud has been against Carmella.

I wouldn't have minded the reluctant tag partners thing (even including the rookie/vet aspect) if REGINALD wasn't involved for most of it in its different stages. Whenever he's involved, he seems to overshadow most of what's actually going on within a given story (whether that be a match or angle).

I can see Night 1 starting with McIntyre/Lashley and ending with Bianca/Sasha.
    The Reginald stuff has Vince written all over it. Considering how much focus he's gotten, Vince must be thoroughly amused with him.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I remember posting during Bayley’s reign, that the woman who ultimately takes her title would get a huge (unparalleled, even) career boost.

Don’t get this wrong, because I love Sasha Banks: she can work, talk, has the look. But Sasha going over Bayley was the equivalent of Brock ending The Undertaker’s WrestleMania streak, they didn’t need it. Had it been Bianca (or Rhea/Liz/Naomi, FWIW), that would have been career-defining and legitimately established them as main-eventers.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember posting during Bayley’s reign, that the woman who ultimately takes her title would get a huge (unparalleled, even) career boost.

Don’t get this wrong, because I love Sasha Banks: she can work, talk, has the look. But Sasha going over Bayley was the equivalent of Brock ending The Undertaker’s WrestleMania streak, they didn’t need it. Had it been Bianca (or Rhea/Liz/Naomi, FWIW), that would have been career-defining and legitimately established them as main-eventers.
    I agree that Sasha can talk, but she can't work nearly as well as Charlotte, Asuka, or Bayley. She still telegraphs and seems clunky getting into position for her spots. As for her look, she's attractive enough, but she's small, and she doesn't move quick enough to overcome her lack of size. She looks far more like Alexa Bliss than she does Nia Jax, so her height and arm size make me wonder if she's strong enough to absorb any punishment, let alone dish out any serious offense. Don't get me wrong, I don't think she's terrible, but I never got the fascination with her.

I agree with you that Bianca/Rhea/Liv/Naomi would all have been better choices to go over Bayley.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Riddle vs. Sheamus for the US Championship was added to Night 2.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I agree that Sasha can talk, but she can't work nearly as well as Charlotte, Asuka, or Bayley.
    I feel like that’s a little unfair, seeing as you named the three best current workers in the women’s division.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like that’s a little unfair, seeing as you named the three best current workers in the women’s division.
    lol I thought the same fucking thing.

I will say this....I don't see anyone still talking about matches that any of those 3 have had unless Sasha was involved. Asuka....She has great matches with everyone for the most part but I don't think anything she's done in NXT/WWE compares to the matches Sasha and Bayley have had.

I'm actually kind of offended by people who say Sasha Banks isn't up there with Charlotte, Asuka, and Bayley.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sasha is absolutely on the same level as the others.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Of course she is.

Also, a peek at KO's Mania V t shirt.

https://twitter.com/FightOwensFight/...99595380310017

How appropriate that for KO's 5th Mania he'll be facing Zayn.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I'm actually kind of offended by people who say Sasha Banks isn't up there with Charlotte, Asuka, and Bayley.
    Sasha might not be at the A level of the aforementioned Charlotte/Asuka/Bayley trio, but she (along with Becky) is at the very top of tier two; if not an A-, a very solid B+.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The SD Tag Championships and the Andre Battle Royal will NOT be at Mania, but they will be featured on Smackdown before Mania.

It'll be a fatal four-way for the tag titles. Notable people in the 'Dre are Nakamura, Elias, Main Event Uso, Corbin, Murphy, Ali, Ricochet, Benjamin. It's a (right now) 22-man battle royal.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    ugh. That is shit.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ugh. That is shit.
    Which part?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    how do you have 2 nights and still cut matches? lol

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Both parts. I wanted to see them on the Mania card. Especially because I want to see Rey and his son win the tag belts.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me, this just says they want to save that first pop for the actual card and don't want to have matches on the card for the sake of having matches on the card. I can certainly see them trying to make it where the first match is Lashley/McIntyre and they end with Sasha/Bianca.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me, this just says they want to save that first pop for the actual card and don't want to have matches on the card for the sake of having matches on the card. I can certainly see them trying to make it where the first match is Lashley/McIntyre and they end with Sasha/Bianca.
    This would actually be pretty smart. Guarantee the crowd will be hot for Lashley/McIntyre regardless of who they get behind.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Bryan is winning, the absolute Night 2 last match HAS to be that and I hope they do but can see arguments the other way for the other two retaining. That’s how good this match is. I know people have commented that Bryan chasing til Summerslam would be great but only so long the chase can go on. Let Edge the returning part-timer eat the fall and Roman bitch he wasn’t pinned. Two great possible feuds or even a triple threat Backlash rematch where Bryan beats Roman a la Benoit/HHH/HBK would be great!

If Roman retains and Bianca gets the N2 main event spot however, would be cool with that too.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    This would actually be pretty smart. Guarantee the crowd will be hot for Lashley/McIntyre regardless of who they get behind.
    McIntyre is owed the pop so opening with that and having him be the challenger, so coming out first, makes all the sense in the world.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andre Battle Royal is meaningless. Won't be missed. SD Tag Titles aren't particularly important. Would rather the matches I actually care about get more time than wasting it with those two. This is fine.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's bs. It's the first time wrestling in front of fans. Might as well use the two nights to fit 10 extra minutes in to get these guys and women wrestling in front of the fans.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Yeah, I can't imagine morale amongst the battle royal and smackdown tag team guys is going to be particularly good right now. Or for the likes of Bayley and Carmella. Hopefully it'll push one or more of those wrestlers to look elsewhere.