User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wrestlemania 37

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like more people to be dropped from the main show. They've tried to get everyone on for at least a decade now and it's just led to overly long shows filled with meaningless matches.

Get it down to one night of about four hours and if you don't make it means you must do better next year.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chatty View Post
    I'd like more people to be dropped from the main show. They've tried to get everyone on for at least a decade now and it's just led to overly long shows filled with meaningless matches.

Get it down to one night of about four hours and if you don't make it means you must do better next year.
    How does this make sense? It's a two night show. There's no excuse not to fix wrestlers on the card.

And do better next year? You're telling me Bayley didn't have a great year? What does she need to "do better" on exactly?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    How does this make sense? It's a two night show. There's no excuse not to fix wrestlers on the card.

And do better next year? You're telling me Bayley didn't have a great year? What does she need to "do better" on exactly?
    Two nights is overkill as is the six hour plus show. Part of the reason people don't watch as much these days, too much content and everything watered down because of it.

Bailey should be on and most likely will be. Cutting down the show doesn't mean I wouldn't have an argument for different talent being used or not used but ultimately not everyone should be on it just because it's Mania.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Obviously you're right about there being too much content. That's true every week. Very few people have any desire or ability to keep up with 10+ hours of content every week. Or even like, a quarter of that. For Mania though, the biggest show of the year, two three/four hour shows over one 5-7 hour show is the way to go imo. The main events of 32-35 are all tainted by the knackered dead crowds (and probably other stuff, but still). I think the two night deal is the way to go.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Obviously you're right about there being too much content. That's true every week. Very few people have any desire or ability to keep up with 10+ hours of content every week. Or even like, a quarter of that. For Mania though, the biggest show of the year, two three/four hour shows over one 5-7 hour show is the way to go imo. The main events of 32-35 are all tainted by the knackered dead crowds (and probably other stuff, but still). I think the two night deal is the way to go.
    Well we can agree to disagree on it. I'd much prefer Mania to just be one night. About fours hours featuring say 8-10 matches, mostly meaningful and the biggest they can build.

It's should be what it's says and be like the Superbowl of wrestling. Been a while since I've really cared about watching it. Missed the last two before last year's and only watched one night last year, though ill give them a pass on that one as it's was a bit of a mess due to Covid.

Much rather them change NXT back to a development Al brand back to one hour. Then try and build a great show between the two main shows.

They should really spread talent out across PPVs as well so more people get a chance to shine but if anything people are more interested in putting more content on in this age despite it just being quantity over quality.

On this Mania I could get away with:

Bryan v Roman v Edge
    McIntyre v Lashley
    Asuka v Rhea
    Cesaro v Rollins

After that I'm really not fussed about any of the other matches. Not saying any of the rest of them dont deserve to be there, just that I could do without them, I'm sure others are excited for different matches. I wouldn't be all that fussed if Rollins v Cesaro was and even Asuka v Rhea has had no build but just find it an interesting match up.

So let's say out of the others you've got:

Sacha v Bianca
    Orton v Fiend
    Big E v Apollo
    Sami v Owens

I don't think you need much more than that tbh, give them all a decent amount of time, should be able to to that and have some skits etc in one night.

I agree Bayley should be on as she's been good for the last year or so but half the matches are just there for the sake. Doesn't anyone really care about Shane v Strowman, neither have been interesting for ages, just on cause neither have nothing to do. AJ/Omos v New Day has just been threw together, it might be a gd match due to whose involved but it wouldn't really be a miss from the card. Miz v Bunny, It's a nice way to shill some celebrity but I don't anyone really cares to see it.

Is anyone missing out by King Corbin, Elias, Retribution, Ziggler or Shorty G being on the card. Not really, not saying that they aren't talented enough, just that they are doing anything interesting of date so give them a reason to up their game.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we ultimately forgot how little build 90% of Mania matches seem to get. Going all the way back to the first 9-10 Mania's where it seemed like out of 12 matches you'd have 4 with an actual build and everything else was very last minute-some that very night being announced.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I think we ultimately forgot how little build 90% of Mania matches seem to get. Going all the way back to the first 9-10 Mania's where it seemed like out of 12 matches you'd have 4 with an actual build and everything else was very last minute-some that very night being announced.

You did but most of them were over in 2 minutes so it barely made a difference. I mean you could do that now but people wouldn't be happy with them getting that amount of time.

Really I'd prefer some sort of UFC styled PPV system instead. Each PPV headlines by a different belt, could be the IC, Women's, Tag titles and then have the world titles on the big 4 plus maybes a couple of others. Rotate talent around the cards so they aren't overexposed and then try and keep the biggest matches for Mania.

Things do change and adapt but honestly we don't need more or longer cards at this point. Oversaturated doesn't even describe how it is now.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chatty View Post
    You did but most of them were over in 2 minutes so it barely made a difference. I mean you could do that now but people wouldn't be happy with them getting that amount of time.

Really I'd prefer some sort of UFC styled PPV system instead. Each PPV headlines by a different belt, could be the IC, Women's, Tag titles and then have the world titles on the big 4 plus maybes a couple of others. Rotate talent around the cards so they aren't overexposed and then try and keep the biggest matches for Mania.

Things do change and adapt but honestly we don't need more or longer cards at this point. Oversaturated doesn't even describe how it is now.
    Some of the more recent WWE ppvs have been pretty short in comparison to what they were starting to turn into. Mania is a different animal and I'm down with it being 2 days or 5 hours as long when I'm done it's not a waste of our time lol.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's only 6 matches each night so far. I don't see why they can't do 8 each night and make it a 3-3.5 hour show.

I don't need to see a 30 minute match like we have at past Mania's like Shane/Taker or any HHH match. I think if all the matches are reasonable in length then you can fit 8 matches during that time span

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Triple H has said he turned down a match request from AJ Styles for Mania.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Triple H has said he turned down a match request from AJ Styles for Mania.
    Because he said he didn't have time to get in match shape. I think he should just retire really. But I guess retire doesn't mean much for wrestlers anyway.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I have no interest in seeing a 51 year old HHH try to keep up in the ring, nor do I wish to see a 43 year old AJ Styles try to carry HHH in said match. And I say that as a big Styles fan, who is one of maybe a handful of dudes on the roster who could carry Paul to a passable match.

Where I’d rather see Paul is as the occasional TV figurehead and lead booker when Vince steps down/passes away...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Prediction time, in order of match appearance.

Saturday:

-Riott Squad
    -Bad Bunny/Damian Priest
    -New Day
    -Seth Rollins
    -Braun Strowman
    -Bobby Lashley
    -Bianca Belair

Sunday:

-Riott Squad
    -Kevin Owens
    -Sheamus
    -Big E
    -The Fiend
    -Rhea Ripley
    -Roman Reigns pins Daniel Bryan
    Last edited by Tyson; April 6th, 2021 at 12:15 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Tag Team Turmoil Match consisting of Dana/Mandy vs. Naomi/Lana vs. Tamina/Natalya vs. The Riott Squad will take place Saturday with the winners facing Shayna and Nia on Sunday for the championships.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; April 5th, 2021 at 9:28 PM.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm glad the Bad Bunny match is tag now, I like Damian Priest.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    If Priest doesn’t get the pinfall victory, what are we even doing here?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    A Tag Team Turmoil Match consisting of Dana/Mandy vs. Naomi/Lana vs. Tamina/Natalya vs. The Riott Squad will take place Saturday with the winners facing Shayna and Nia on Sunday for the championships.
    I don't envy the live crowd having to sit through Nattie/Tamina vs Shanya/Nia.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Final Card *as of now*

Night 1
    Lashley (c) vs. Drew McIntyre Singles Match for the WWE Championship
    Sasha (c) vs. Bianca - Singles Match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship
    Bad Bunny and Priest vs. Miz and Morrison - Tag Team Match
    The New Day (c) vs. Styles and Omos - Tag Team Match for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship
    Strowman vs. McMahon - Steel Cage Match
    Cesaro vs. Seth Rollins - Singles Match
    Dana & Mandy vs. Lana & Naomi vs. Natalya & Tamina vs. The Riott Squad - Tag Team Turmoil Match with the winner facing the Women's Tag Champs on Night 2

Night 2
    Reigns (c) vs. Edge vs. Daniel Bryan - Triple Threat Match for the WWE Universal Championship
    Asuka (c) vs. Rhea - Singles Match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship
    The Fiend vs. Randy Orton - Singles Match
    E (c) vs. Crews - Nigerian Drum Fight for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
    Owens vs. Zayn (with Logan Paul) - Singles Match
    Riddle (c) vs. Sheamus - Singles Match for the WWE United States Championship
    Nia & Shayna (c) vs. Tag Team Turmoil Winners - Tag Team Match for the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Bad Bunny is 100% pinning Miz.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While it would be nice for him to get the pin, it doesn't strike me as highly imperative that he has to get the pin.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Final Card *as of now*

Night 1
    The New Day (c) vs. Styles and Omos - Tag Team Match for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship
    Dana & Mandy vs. Lana & Naomi vs. Natalya & Tamina vs. The Riott Squad - Tag Team Turmoil Match with the winner facing the Women's Tag Champs on Night 2

Night 2
    Reigns (c) vs. Edge vs. Daniel Bryan - Triple Threat Match for the WWE Universal Championship
    Nia & Shayna (c) vs. Tag Team Turmoil Winners - Tag Team Match for the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship
    Damn impressive card.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who does everyone think will make a "surprise" appearance at Mania? That is, who will show up that has not been announced.

Bayley is the most deserving person, and I have a feeling she will be given a chance to cut a promo on Ding Dong Hello. But Charlotte also deserves a spot and she's medically cleared.

There's always a chance Brock shows up. I don't think Cena nor Rock will make it. CM Punk is in the never ever category.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Who does everyone think will make a "surprise" appearance at Mania? That is, who will show up that has not been announced.

Bayley is the most deserving person, and I have a feeling she will be given a chance to cut a promo on Ding Dong Hello. But Charlotte also deserves a spot and she's medically cleared.

There's always a chance Brock shows up. I don't think Cena nor Rock will make it. CM Punk is in the never ever category.
    Blows my wig that Bayley isn't part of the show. They should've made her the co-host with Titus.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think it's a solid show..certainly has me interested more than most WWE PPVs. I'm expecting a lot of title changes, but I'm hoping Lashley and Asuka retain.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the only titles not being defended are the Smackdown tag-team tittles, the NXT UK women's and UK tag titles (understandable why these 2 aren't).

I'm actually a little surprised with all the tag stuff going on with Smackdown we're not going to see a match...but it's still early. I would've thought maybe Roode/Ziggles v. Mysterio Fam v. Gable/Otis v. Street Profits. Of a triple threat that sees the winner go on to Mania to challenge Roode/Ziggler.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    The Smackdown tag titles are being defended in a 4-way on Smackdown alongside the Andre battle royal.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Smackdown tag titles are being defended in a 4-way on Smackdown alongside the Andre battle royal.
    I heard something about the battle royal a few days ago so I must've tuned out the SD tag title situation completely.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Should definitely have both those matches on the Mania card. Pre-Show is fine enough for them.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok now I remember why I didn't hear the announcement. I was making dinner during that weird tag match. Alpha Academy getting the super push.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Glad Morrison and Priest got added to that match. Bad Bunny will get the fall which is fine but Priest should get a bit more shine this way. Priest has got everything he needs to be in line for a push on the main roster but the biggest thing is that he's just got an aura of cool to him which you can't learn. I think they should be pushing him hard this year as he's nearing 40. Edge would be a good feud for him given they kind of have similar alternative ladies man gimmicks.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Bellas.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The Bellas.
    For the Women’s Tag Titles? Very possible...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is one of the least appealing cards to me, and I don't mean just WM. I'll watch Fiend/Orton on Monday but there isn't anything worth staying up late for. This might be the WM with the least star power in a long time, no Taker, HHH, Rock, Cena, Austin, Punk, Charlotte, Bayley, Rousey, Lynch and AJ is in a tag match. Maybe it's good to create new stars but I'm not watching anything but Fiend/Orton.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    This is one of the least appealing cards to me, and I don't mean just WM.
    The “lack of star power” doesn’t bug me nearly as much as the terrible product does. Peruse the RAW threads dating back to the start of the calendar year, I’ve consistently been bagging on creative for the dogshit output. When they should have been ramping up the quality because “It’s WrestleMania season”, they seem to have mailed it in. And by “creative” and “they”, I clearly mean Vince.

How is it possible that there is such a difference in quality between the two brands? Does Vince really think that SmackDown is that far beneath RAW, in terms of value based on the effort he puts in for each show?

Coming out of the Rumble, despite the pedestrian build to that event, the potential was off the fucking charts: Edge won the Men’s side, the future of the Women’s division were the final two contestants. And here we are now, where I’m only interested in the Universal triple threat.

I mean, look at Big E, who I’m a huge fan of; the company broke up one of the most successful and popular groups in company history to get him on the single track. For what, a pick ‘em match with a dude who was in catering as late as the Rumble? Where is your 2020/COVID MVP Bayley? Why couldn’t you find something for her to do?

Fucking embarrassing.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the Women’s Tag Titles? Very possible...
    yup

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not accounting for guys like Dabba-Kato and Riddick Moss who were Underground guys, here are notable people that are not currently slated to be on WrestleMania Edition of Smackdown or the actual Mania card.

Ali
    Jeff Hardy
    Keith Lee
    R-Truth
    Nikki Cross
    Charlotte Flair
    Reckoning
    Peyton Royce
    Aleister Black
    Murphy
    Bayley
    Carmella
    Billie Kay
    Last edited by BGMaverick; April 8th, 2021 at 7:25 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Is current Raw the worst major weekly wrestling show ever yet?

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk

I don't know I don't watch lols.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not the worst ever but its probably up there as the most boring/missable show.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So this is probably going to be about 4 hours each night, including the 1 hour kickoff shows right?

Hopefully not 5 total, I think they can fit those matches into 3 hours each night.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    They're not having matches on the pre-shows though, are they? So I think those are definitely skippable unless you really want to hear JBL and Jerry Lawler talk a load of shit and pretend to have opinions for an hour.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They're not having matches on the pre-shows though, are they? So I think those are definitely skippable unless you really want to hear JBL and Jerry Lawler talk a load of shit and pretend to have opinions for an hour.
    Have they said? I kind of assumed 1 match each night would be moved to the kickoff show since they are doing them. I would have preferred they not do one if there's no matches on it.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    My guess for “surprise” appearance: Jimmy Uso, who helps his cousin retain on Sunday.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My guess for “surprise” appearance: Jimmy Uso, who helps his cousin retain on Sunday.
    I was thinking this as well - after Jey interferes and gets kicked out of ringside maybe even gets a "Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na, Jey-Jey-Jey Good-Bye" salute from the crowd, Jimmy sneaks out from under the ring or something as the major distraction to give Roman the win.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    This is one of the least appealing cards to me, and I don't mean just WM. I'll watch Fiend/Orton on Monday but there isn't anything worth staying up late for. This might be the WM with the least star power in a long time, no Taker, HHH, Rock, Cena, Austin, Punk, Charlotte, Bayley, Rousey, Lynch and AJ is in a tag match. Maybe it's good to create new stars but I'm not watching anything but Fiend/Orton.
    It is good to create new stars because there actually was a time the WWE didn't have to resort to the equivalent of Austin, Rock, HHH, Punk. It wasn't until The Rock came back and they saw that huge increase in ppv buys just from him showing up as a host did they sink their teeth into having half the card littered with dudes who got their start in 1990.

The “lack of star power” doesn’t bug me nearly as much as the terrible product does. Peruse the RAW threads dating back to the start of the calendar year, I’ve consistently been bagging on creative for the dogshit output. When they should have been ramping up the quality because “It’s WrestleMania season”, they seem to have mailed it in. And by “creative” and “they”, I clearly mean Vince.

How is it possible that there is such a difference in quality between the two brands? Does Vince really think that SmackDown is that far beneath RAW, in terms of value based on the effort he puts in for each show?

Coming out of the Rumble, despite the pedestrian build to that event, the potential was off the fucking charts: Edge won the Men’s side, the future of the Women’s division were the final two contestants. And here we are now, where I’m only interested in the Universal triple threat.

I mean, look at Big E, who I’m a huge fan of; the company broke up one of the most successful and popular groups in company history to get him on the single track. For what, a pick ‘em match with a dude who was in catering as late as the Rumble? Where is your 2020/COVID MVP Bayley? Why couldn’t you find something for her to do?

Fucking embarrassing.
    I've wondered if the lackluster build was due to the uncertainty of Mania in terms of the crowd, location. Truth is they usually don't have a great build for Mania top to bottom. Most of the matches are thrown together at the last minute. I think going in we have some solid storylines. Fiend/Orton, Lashley/McIntyre, Reigns/Edge/Bryan, you can say what you want about the IC title with Big E v. Apollo Crews but how many years have people been waiting for the WWE and Crews to finally deliver? And now it's a negative?

I'll give you Bayley but shit, where does she fit in? She seems like someone who would rather NOT be on the card in a random nothing match. There's an interview on the main page where she talks about she'll be here for a long time, there's always next year, and she MIGHT have something going on that she can't spoil you never know.....

There's X amount of ppv's still to go this year that need to matter just as much as the last and if that means keeping Bayley off the card to enhance her appeal for the next one, so be it.

Ever? Not even close. You must not have watched as a kid during the days of WCW Saturday Night being the flagship or the first couple years of Raw...tough.

In terms of today...It's between Raw and Dynamite.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Thunder was utterly garbage the last few years.

Nitro too, actually.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Thunder was utterly garbage the last few years.

Nitro too, actually.
    I'm not sure if I ever really enjoyed Thunder. The last 2 years of Nitro....Brutal.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    There's things that annoy me about RAW, maybe WWE in general. The whole beat the champion to get a title shot, how everything is a timed segment, phrases the commentators use "wherewithal" (Shudders), but on a whole I enjoy it when I watch it. People say it's a struggle to get through the 3 hours but for me it breezes by, much like the PPVs do.

I think if you got rid of Byron Saxton and Todd Phillips, the show would be better. Don't know who you'd pair with Joe.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I really miss Samoa Joe as an active competitor...

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really miss Samoa Joe as an active competitor...
    Me too. Seems he was off for injuries more than active on the roster. When on he was one of my favorites along with first couple years of Rusev.

On topic of thread this is my favorite lineup since #30. I like them having limited use of celebrities this year and not going back to the legends, either. This is what they can do using the depth of the roster, and make it two nights instead of a single day, seven hour show with some thirty second matches thrown in.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe standing up to Seth when he was after Tom Phillips was totally badass! Kinda wished that went further.

Also ended up catching the HOF. Not quite the same with speeches being cut short but two things stood out:

1. RVD keeping the pain of his father’s death inside while still attending an autograph session the following day after he found out. Never knew that story so love and respect grew there.
    2. Molly’s speech and actually going out of her way to thank some of the behind the scenes crew by name going above making it about herself. Lovely woman x

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    All well and all pointing out the behind the scenes crew but it bored the shit out of me because I don't know who those people are. Just a woman listing off a bunch of names. Who cares, unless you're those people?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, it came out in a report that Adam Pearce and Drew Gulak were the two primary trainers for Bad Bunny as he did his prep work for Mania.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Donald View Post
    All well and all pointing out the behind the scenes crew but it bored the shit out of me because I don't know who those people are. Just a woman listing off a bunch of names. Who cares, unless you're those people?
    You heartless dude. Yes we don’t know who these people are but she wanted to give a shout out. Maybe boring to you but I appreciated it for the lovely gesture it was.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm not heartless I cried during RVD's speech.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not heartless I cried during RVD's speech.
    As you should’ve.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, kind of the point of why people give a shout out to people when they are in these scenarios.......

FWIW, it came out in a report that Adam Pearce and Drew Gulak were the two primary trainers for Bad Bunny as he did his prep work for Mania.
    Good. Very solid trainers. Damien will definitely carry most of the match and I don't see it being more than 10 minutes. It'll probably be 10 minutes total with entrances.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also an interesting point on Kane’s speech but he said about the out of ring crew while trying to give credit that we’ll never know who these people’s names are but Molly just rang some of the names off. Got the general point and won’t nit pick but kinda an unintentional blooper.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Also an interesting point on Kane’s speech but he said about the out of ring crew while trying to give credit that we’ll never know who these people’s names are but Molly just rang some of the names off. Got the general point and won’t nit pick but kinda an unintentional blooper.
    This post is the definition of nit picking lol.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Joe standing up to Seth when he was after Tom Phillips was totally badass! Kinda wished that went further.

Also ended up catching the HOF. Not quite the same with speeches being cut short but two things stood out:

1. RVD keeping the pain of his father’s death inside while still attending an autograph session the following day after he found out. Never knew that story so love and respect grew there.
    2. Molly’s speech and actually going out of her way to thank some of the behind the scenes crew by name going above making it about herself. Lovely woman x
    These, and Titus' acceptance of the Warrior Award (with the crowd chanting "You Deserve It" - even if it was piped in) were the highlights for me. I also really enjoyed the backstage interview with Sasha telling how when she was a teen fan, after a live event Molly Holly spent 20 minutes talking with her encouraging her about the profession. It was also cool to hear how Dominik played with RVD action figures, and Rey telling everyone that Dominik is still terrified of pyro. And of course, Kane talking about how his mother brought the best sign ever to a live event - "I Raised Kane".

I could have done without seeing how much the Bad Guy, Razor Ramon now looks like Classy Freddie Blassie. Nash still looks remarkable.

It would have been nice to hear a bit more from many of the inductees, as all the speeches were short, but they always do a great job with this.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This post is the definition of nit picking lol.
    More like one of those glaringly obvious observations you couldn’t help but notice where you don’t want to nitpick but can’t help.

Love Glen/Kane though and have been the next biggest mark other than Pureplayer on these boards. He ran with the Kane gimmick and made it work all this time despite all the shitty booking decisions. I still mark out for Tombstone Tori watching it on the Network (or Peqcocj for you guys).

Also think they gave Austin the title back a bit too soon when Kane won it. Maybe month-two tops not 24 hours lol.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not accounting for guys like Dabba-Kato and Riddick Moss who were Underground guys, here are notable people that are not currently slated to be on WrestleMania Edition of Smackdown or the actual Mania card.

Ali
    Jeff Hardy
    Keith Lee
    R-Truth
    Nikki Cross
    Charlotte Flair
    Reckoning
    Peyton Royce
    Aleister Black
    Murphy
    Bayley
    Carmella
    Billie Kay
    So this list is everyone going for the 24/7 title at Mania

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jeff Hardy not on the card is incredible. He might be in the top 5 draws they have right now.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really a shock to me tbh. He was stuck in Eliasville for what seemed like forever and not really been doing much except being there.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Keith Lee has some personal things going on as he's been taken off TV altogether forma few months.

Aleister Black appears to.either be in the dog house or sitting his contract out. Reminds me.of John Morrison after Melina was fired, went from a major push to out and out jobber. Sitting at home probably beats that.

Murphy hasn't been used since they split him and Seth up.

Charlotte was supposedly injured but not now so no idea.

Ali and Reckoning didn't work, I think they've been pulled back on purpose.

R Truth will do something with he 24/7 title like he has done on every PPV for the past six years.

Bayley is the stand out though I expect her to have some involvement somewhere.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we make a list of everyone who IS involved with Mania this year and then we stop giving a fuck about the 2% of the roster who didn't make it.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we make a list of everyone who IS involved with Mania this year and then we stop giving a fuck about the 2% of the roster who didn't make it.
    This would be correct only if the talent left off the card were not as good as the talent who did make it.

Ding Dong, Hello. I won't give up on Bayley.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You're probably seething that the Immortal Hulk Hogan is going to be on the show but not Bayley.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This would be correct only if the talent left off the card were not as good as the talent who did make it.

Ding Dong, Hello. I won't give up on Bayley.
    Like who?

You're basically saying everyone not on the card is better than those who are. It's a tiny % of talent and even tinier % of talent that are actually people who belong on the card over someone else.

I'm not sad that Keith Lee isn't on the Mania card. Like anyone is going to lose sleep over Charlotte not getting ANOTHER Mania win.

Bayley is really the only person I feel DESERVED a spot, the work she put in for 2020....But you never know what might go down at Mania.

People are just digging for reasons to fucking complain. We've spent more time bitching about who isn't on the card than praising who is. Like the people not on the card are so fucking talented the show is going to be lost without them.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    A Bayley talk show segment featuring Charlotte Flair could be a good way to get both on the show, if Charlotte is able to at this point. Perhaps a surprise Becky Lynch appearance too. Although perhaps it'd feel a bit incomplete without Sasha, who I wouldn't have thought would be involved.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just not a big fan of Charlotte unless she's wrestling, which that in itself is a double edged sword because that means she's more than likely winning.

I was dreading the idea of her and Lacey Evans. I wonder if NWA fans felt this way about Flair after his 9th World title run.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bayley to help Sashabeat Bianca, turning Sasha heel. (Is she even face now? I have no idea)

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    Bayley to help Sashabeat Bianca, turning Sasha heel. (Is she even face now? I have no idea)
    Don't you remember the rumor mill a few years back was that women in WWE aren't heels or faces, they're "catty" LOL.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wonder how Braun's train noises is going to work with a live crowd.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder how Braun's train noises is going to work with a live crowd.
    That would also require them to be outside of the cage, which I guess is a very fair assumption to make.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That train shit would have fit right in with what the WWE were trying to do back in 1994-1996. Shocked they didn't give Diesel the horn honk when he did his pre-Jacknife pose lol.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding Bayley and Charlotte, how good would it be if they turned up together, in a female reboot of the old Two Man Power Trip with HHH and Austin? Just kick the shit out of all the other ladies.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't you remember the rumor mill a few years back was that women in WWE aren't heels or faces, they're "catty" LOL.

I do recall that. That was quite a few years ago now, wasnt it?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Carter View Post
    Regarding Bayley and Charlotte, how good would it be if they turned up together, in a female reboot of the old Two Man Power Trip with HHH and Austin? Just kick the shit out of all the other ladies.
    Bayley and Sasha essentially did the Two Woman Power Trip last year when they had all the belts (minus NXT). I doubt they'd rehash it this soon.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but that was shit...

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How so?

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yes I'm curious to hear this as well.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    McIntyre/Lashley is opening Night One.

This feels like the right call to me
    - No pre-show matches and save the pop for the main card
    - McIntyre deserves to the be the first guy out, receiving that moment.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; April 9th, 2021 at 7:45 PM.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    WWE tweeted that themselves my good man.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Can't wait for Twitter to not be a thing

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Becky Lynch made an Instagram post where the first letters of each line spell out "NIGHT ONE"...

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Night 1
    Dana & Mandy vs. Lana & Naomi vs. Natalya & Tamina vs. The Riott Squad vs. Carmella and Billie - Tag Team Turmoil Match with the winner facing the Women's Tag Champs on Night 2

Night 2

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My quick thoughts going into this...

Night 1
    Figure this is Drew's chance to repeat last year but with a crowd so he's winning (though I'd be ok with Lashley retaining 'cuz I like him). Should be a good hoss fight.

Heard the build's been weak but I reckon the match will be real good and Belair winning will be a good moment. Historical significance of it main eventing Night 1 is appreciated.

Curious to see how much Bunny does and if it's more than just two moves. Seems obvious he and Priest get the win, I reckon it'll be Priest hitting his finisher and the Beunny topping it off with a splash off the top for the win.

Not expecting a lot from Omos, figure it'll be AJ worknig the bulk of it against the ND boys and Omos doing a handful of moves they'll sell like death. I'll say the heels take the belts thanks to Omos being fucking massive.

WWE have thoroughly killed my fandom of poor Braun. I do not care about this at all. Hopefully Braun just beats the shit out of him and ends it quick. CHOO CHOO.

Going to be an absolute banger and I'm hyped. Hoping Big Tony gets the big win and keeps climbing.

Dana & Mandy vs. Lana & Naomi vs. Natalya & Tamina vs. The Riott Squad vs. Carmella and Billie - Tag Team Turmoil Match with the winner facing the Women's Tag Champs on Night 2
    I give no shits. I'm pulling for the Riott Squad 'cuz their the only team I like in this but I suspect it'll be Tamina/Nattie. Naomi is being squandered.

Night 2
    Very hyped, should be terrific. I'm suspecting Bryan has it won but Reigns steals the victory to keep the belt until Big E takes it down the road.

Very hyped, love both of them, expecting a badass match. Asuka's been doing nothing of note for awhile so I think Rhea will get the big win and hopefully be a main roster call up that actually gets on a good path.

Very curious how this'll play out and if it'll somehow get cinematic or theatrical. Seems obvious Fiend's getting his revenge here.

No idea what the hell the stip means which is a bit intriguing, I guess. Both guys are good and I think they should be abelt o have a good match if the stip isn't stupid. I'll say E gets a Mania moment and retains.

Haven't really been paying attention to the build for this but they're both good and are reliable to deliver. Don't think we've seen them have a match with their current face/heel roles, have we? I'll say KO gets the win.

Don't care. Riddle retains, I guess.

Don't care unless the Riott Squad get the spot but I don't think they will. Tamina/Nattie get "rewarded" for their tenure.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I stumbled upon this article in the Ringer - "Squared Circles of Hell - is the WWE finally telling a good horror story?" - a defence of the Orton/Fiend angle. I haven't paid attention to any of this feud to be honest but it's not the first time I've read this take. The video package they showed on Smackdown made me wonder if they have a point.

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just want riddle and sheamus to beat the living shit out of each other

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Well the set looks wonderful. Big step up from that bland shite at WM 35.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is quite lovely.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    My families Wrestlemania set! My wife even made everyone shirts! Just getting food going now.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why the fuck aren't I at Jarrod's?

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Either Jarrod has managed to find a wife into wrestling as well or just a really good wife he puts up with an obsessive husband

Looks awesome.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't know Caito! Doors are open. I just poured my first Capt. and Coke. Wife finished her Stuffed Shells.

She's got her Cheese Potatoes and Buffalo Chicken Dip coming. Making Pizzas later.
    Last edited by Jarrod1983; April 10th, 2021 at 3:56 PM.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Either Jarrod has managed to find a wife into wrestling as well or just a really good wife he puts up with an obsessive husband

Looks awesome.
    She had never watched before me. Met her the Summer of Punk and he drew her in.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Excellent stuff.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I miss the Mania parties.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    We usually try to do fun things for Mania, Rumble and SummerSlam.

Rumble I have a bingo ball roller and we draw numbers like the Game of Death for money.

SummerSlam is pool and BBQ.

Mania is whatever fun shit we think of. Dragged the old Hasbros and stuff out this year.