Results 2,901 to 2,978 of 2978

Thread: Super Captain N: The Struggle for Videoland Mafia

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    This is going to be a tedious month or two.
    Incidentally, I did give Rom a name so bad he hasn't posted for a month (I can't link to the original post)

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Psycho, why kill the one person who'd definitely give the game to the SK if it came down to a 3 way Mexican Standoff? Why? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy?
    If you read my private chat, my logic was that if you were going to keep putting bombs on people, you were gonna lock me out of people to kill and I was scared of that, because the spreadsheet walls were already closing in and victory was within sight. I honestly wanted to carry you until the end at that point. Then I saw you tried to kill me and thought I made the right decision regardless. But I'm assuming that was the T-1000?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jarrod, this was a really fun game. I enjoyed figuring out the roles, and maybe it was particularly fun for me as someone who didn't need to solve as much as just fuck with people and be the last man alive. I think where this mainly falls short was the length of time it took to play. I think delaying the answers and how you chose to go about making up for the lack of participation from limbo players was all fine, but quickening the pace could go a long way into helping things.

This game is probably the closest we could ever get to doing what's called a "Mash," where it's a really big game (often 40+) with a lot of action and most importantly: a lot of deaths. It's usually done in a 24-hour cycle format where during each day, there are various events where people can win prizes, and even more importantly ITAs. Those are hour windows of time where each player has one shot available to them. It has a high percentage to fail, but it kills on success. Then at night there are usually multiple kills available, like scum having two or three kills in one night and town having vig powers.

All of that results in many kills occurring within a Day/Night cycle. And so much of what you presented reminded me of a Mash to a T, like Cranky's trivia. I think had you upped the kill power by giving people day kills or just allowing town to get more vig abilities, things could have moved faster and not felt as draining for some.

But month-long mafia game go brrr so I was all about it

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Oh, and then liking the tweet knowing I was cursing you out in the shower.

I did actually take a lot of joy out of this. I couldn't resist.

If it makes you feel any better, part of the like was because of how many times I've wanted to make comments on Twitter about mafia and avoided doing so for the same reason you stated

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    This game was hell for town when you could trust basically no one.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    I have no idea how you kept track of everything.

Psycho had me fooled. Can't believe I voted to bring him back.

Also once again, fuck the bus drivers.
    The best part about this is I specifically said I was setting the stage by lynching you on D1 as a symbol of the No Lynch D1 Crew. I was honestly a bit surprised no one had put 2-and-2 together.

Killing CWE was purely because I didn't think he was Wario and he would have caught on to the spreadsheet and fucked me over.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I'm still No Lynch D1 for life.

Although had I realized that ALL the non-green were basically a risk I might have changed my tune as town actually was not a majority from the get-go in this game.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandria Ocasio-Bertez View Post
    I thought Psycho was cyan because Jarrod forgot I had access to dead chat, he gave me the link before I became a stump. Mazer said something in dead chat about talking to Psycho. Now I know that was part of his role. Oh well, I enjoyed being a stump.

Badgers spreadsheet saying Virm couldn't be the role he was.

Not sure if Psycho actually thought Badger was on my team or if he was just playing along.
    I didn't think cyan or orange would come up as not town. So I actually thought it was Badger and Grim. I pushed the HFR line because at one point I wanted to keep the mystery that Pokey could still be alive even though I knew yellow had probably died already, so I didn't want to let slip that I thought Grim was Pokey.

I was never expecting Mikey_Jones to be scum, though. I'm not sure where I got my wires crossed there, but I think I would have went into endgame believing Randolph was Bowser Jr.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Aha! I kinda wondered why TraXX didn’t show up as murdered like everyone else. Shitty luck for him but not for me.

Randolph got really stressed out in the chat over Swanky showing up again. Just wanna reach out and give him a big manly hug! He’s not been in Mafia as long as the rest of us but he’s better than he realises. Hope he continues to play.
    Yeah, I wanna say this was a great performance from Randolph. He really held his end of the bargain without slipping too much from his usual tone and posting style.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Oh yeah, I forgot to ask, who brought me back from the dead?

Mikey had implied it was him, that's why I read him being town the entire game and he would have fooled me right up to the end.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TraXX View Post
    Everything I did in the game was wrong and I was irrelevant/ignored for the majority. Until the end, and then I was a distraction/clown. Think I'll bow out now as to be honest, I'm struggling at life as it is without this grinding me down too.
    TraXX, you were a pleasure to play with this game and I think you often have some of the most sound logic of everyone here. Were it not for me being self-aligned, I would have vouched for you so hard at the end there and went for yeeting Randolph immediately(which would have been both the right and wrong choice since he wasn't Bowser Jr. like I thought, but eh).

Take a break for a bit and take care of yourself. But I hope you do come back and play more. And remember that this was a very unconventional game and that probably didn't help matters.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Think that was it. Was worried about the balance.

Which I get.

Not really trying to critique Jarrod either, just think it’s worth calling out for future.
    I do this at times only because I think it will enhance the joy some people will have in game, and I think that matters first and foremost. But for me, that's usually in the Grim vein, where someone rolls something they always roll or something similar.

The first time I did it, it was because Jarrod had rolled scum for the umpteenth time during a point in his game where he was getting called out instantly. I felt randomly choosing a town player to swap with him would be a fair way of resolving it while also giving Jarrod the chance to play organically like he has nothing to hide. That began his trend of becoming a stronger player, and can now hold his own as scum. So I don't regret that decision at all.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mikey had implied it was him, that's why I read him being town the entire game and he would have fooled me right up to the end.
    It was Mikey. First resurrection so maybe had lack of options. Mikey did pretty well blending in.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Yeah, I wanna say this was a great performance from Randolph. He really held his end of the bargain without slipping too much from his usual tone and posting style.
    Randolph is the bee's knees!

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I didn't think cyan or orange would come up as not town. So I actually thought it was Badger and Grim. I pushed the HFR line because at one point I wanted to keep the mystery that Pokey could still be alive even though I knew yellow had probably died already, so I didn't want to let slip that I thought Grim was Pokey.

I was never expecting Mikey_Jones to be scum, though. I'm not sure where I got my wires crossed there, but I think I would have went into endgame believing Randolph was Bowser Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    It was Mikey. First resurrection so maybe had lack of options. Mikey did pretty well blending in.
    Yeah, I bought Pablo back early on. I could (and maybe should) have bought back BGMaverick but that was who my team had just killed and I didn't want to undo all their hard work.

Thanks for the kind words fellas, thought I had a quiet game until the last couple of phases but managed well enough. Got the victory for killing Samus which is a nice bonus and my first scum win in a very long time/ever!

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah props Mikey, I thought we were in trouble the second they found both of us the same night, but you made it to the end.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_Jones View Post
    Yeah, I bought Pablo back early on. I could (and maybe should) have bought back BGMaverick but that was who my team had just killed and I didn't want to undo all their hard work.

Thanks for the kind words fellas, thought I had a quiet game until the last couple of phases but managed well enough. Got the victory for killing Samus which is a nice bonus and my first scum win in a very long time/ever!
    I don't know if you were just spouting some shit to get a lynch of me off, but I hope you know that your logic for why I was Kefka was wrong.

It was so infuriating to not just be like, "No, this is wrong. You can't lynch me for this reason."

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I don't know if you were just spouting some shit to get a lynch of me off, but I hope you know that your logic for why I was Kefka was wrong.

It was so infuriating to not just be like, "No, this is wrong. You can't lynch me for this reason."
    Hahaha yeah I figured it wasn't the right reason but at that stage, I was happy to lynch anyone who wasn't me!

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jarrod, this was a really fun game. I enjoyed figuring out the roles, and maybe it was particularly fun for me as someone who didn't need to solve as much as just fuck with people and be the last man alive. I think where this mainly falls short was the length of time it took to play. I think delaying the answers and how you chose to go about making up for the lack of participation from limbo players was all fine, but quickening the pace could go a long way into helping things.

This game is probably the closest we could ever get to doing what's called a "Mash," where it's a really big game (often 40+) with a lot of action and most importantly: a lot of deaths. It's usually done in a 24-hour cycle format where during each day, there are various events where people can win prizes, and even more importantly ITAs. Those are hour windows of time where each player has one shot available to them. It has a high percentage to fail, but it kills on success. Then at night there are usually multiple kills available, like scum having two or three kills in one night and town having vig powers.

All of that results in many kills occurring within a Day/Night cycle. And so much of what you presented reminded me of a Mash to a T, like Cranky's trivia. I think had you upped the kill power by giving people day kills or just allowing town to get more vig abilities, things could have moved faster and not felt as draining for some.

What’s been the largest number of people in a Rajah game besides this?

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although had I realized that ALL the non-green were basically a risk I might have changed my tune as town actually was not a majority from the get-go in this game.
    I will rejoin after a brief respite to pursue a vendetta with Morrison.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I'm not mistaken, I think my South Park game was the biggest. I don't think we've ever cracked 30 before.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Yeah people were saying it was too easy for town to win lately and that things were getting predictable. I figured most people would think orange and cyan were fighting for the green side but they're out for themselves!

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Cool. I had never heard of Mash so I think its fun that they're other things like my game out there. Putting it together I wasn't sure if it'd work or turn into a big mess. A bit messy in spots but think everything worked as well as it could.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    28 players

Justice League 2

Until this game that is.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah, I knew we could fill that sign up! If wardy, Simon or a couple others play too we could maybe top it.

I hope @gUnit sticks around. I felt like he was just getting going when he got axed.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was done with mafia. I hadn't played it in years, with the last game being one of the games here. I did do a smaller game in another place that I was trying to introduce a bunch of people to it, but it didn't go well, seeing several of the people wound up not doing anything.

So this was a blast to get back into.

And now I'm working on a new game.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nobody View Post
    I was done with mafia. I hadn't played it in years, with the last game being one of the games here. I did do a smaller game in another place that I was trying to introduce a bunch of people to it, but it didn't go well, seeing several of the people wound up not doing anything.

Glad you enjoyed it and look forward to playing your game. I think you legitimately surprised some people with your return!

This is the only place I've played Mafia and only my second attempt at running a game. I'm pretty hooked. One of my favorite ways to pass the time.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia

Reminds me...

@JP; where is my video?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Grimario wasn't there like a cash payment for my return... or was that supposed to stay a secret?

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If you read my private chat, my logic was that if you were going to keep putting bombs on people, you were gonna lock me out of people to kill and I was scared of that, because the spreadsheet walls were already closing in and victory was within sight. I honestly wanted to carry you until the end at that point. Then I saw you tried to kill me and thought I made the right decision regardless. But I'm assuming that was the T-1000?
    Yes that was T-1000 as Waluigi trying to kill you. Extra life came in handy there.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    @Grimario wasn't there like a cash payment for my return... or was that supposed to stay a secret?
    Payable on my victory which you failed to deliver!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Sorry guys my bad there.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Pokemon for the next game obvs.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Sorry guys my bad there.
    Did you win the game or something badger?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you win the game or something badger?
    Just a friendly wind-up.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    In the end, aren't we all winners at heart for playing the game?

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not BG. Poor bastard didn’t even get to play

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah and I don't think he'll be giving it another shot from what he said. The first couple games are always shaky. I had no clue what I was doing. For some people I think it takes a couple games to really get your feet wet and get hooked I think.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Morrison is the Hitler of mafia games

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph View Post

This happy place holds magic meaning, for 'twas my mother's nickname. Truckers, delivery guys, men coming in and out of the house all day called her the Grand Canyon, but I never knew why. It's just a great wide gash, spread open for the enjoyment of all to come inside as he pleases and pleasures. Often there's a donkey in there.
    @Badger

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the pick up.

Randolph does weird gif shit and stuff on a regular basis (like his wrestling out of context thread in the W-forums) so probably just his typical humour.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah and I don't think he'll be giving it another shot from what he said. The first couple games are always shaky. I had no clue what I was doing. For some people I think it takes a couple games to really get your feet wet and get hooked I think.
    if he's not willing to play another, then he hardly had any interest to begin with.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Goddamnit Morrison, take responsibility for what you've done.

A young mafia career snuffed out before he ever gets a chance to become the next spreadsheeter.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morrison and I did those virm game kills like a boss. I gave the orders and he kept me from getting my hands dirty!

Sucked we were on separate teams this time.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWE View Post
    28 players

Justice League 2

Until this game that is.
    Sometimes this is like "What if someone had the memory of Sheldon Cooper and devoted themselves to mafia & alcohol?"

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes this is like "What if someone had the memory of Sheldon Cooper and devoted themselves to mafia & alcohol?"
    CWE is tequila mafiapedia!

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It was my first game. You always remember your first.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do. Psycho teamed me up as scum with you in the South Park game and got pretty far!

Made the wrong decision at the end when it was just me to kill BBF as double vote mayor when there were better more powerful targets available but as a newb was scared of that double vote. Learning curve!

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mind you not as bad as Alex inadvertently vig killing our scum team mate Fro when he meant to give the vig kill to him as a gift!

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulled a Homer there.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The start was also kinda bad but funny. @Psycho666Soldier “Badger you got good team-mates to help you through this!” Cewsh being one of them IIRC.

*Night One, Cewsh and kangus kill each other*

“Well crap!”

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    My first game I was Scum in one of Rip's Venari games. Dave, Psycho and I pulled in the win. Then I got lynched or murdered D1/N1 for what seemed like forever.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first game I was Scum in one of Rip's Venari games. Dave, Psycho and I pulled in the win. Then I got lynched or murdered D1/N1 for what seemed like forever.
    Rip Venari Game?? Fook that is REALLY a tough first hurdle!

Only took part in one of those once but Rip didn’t have the time to finish it.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I remember from that was events going off every few hours and the game was only a couple of days old before things got pulled.

Muchos respect Jarrod for making it through!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Snap. Ended on the winning team, which helped.

Yeah I had a run of 4-5 games being first one out. It's all about how you react to a situation like that but it was tough for a while.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My second game was JP’s Mortal Kombat one. For the sake of his and everyone else’s sanity, I’ll not repeat my jail experience after learning what role I was given.

I’m a late bloomer

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    You sure about that?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very.

Almost up there with you claiming the Beatles and being too late in pulling the trigger.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Grimario knows. He was moving in for a kill that night IIRC.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Rip Venari Game?? Fook that is REALLY a tough first hurdle!

Only took part in one of those once but Rip didn’t have the time to finish it.
    It was that patient zero one right? Wondering who it was now that you bring it up.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was that patient zero one right? Wondering who it was now that you bring it up.
    Vaguely remember I was a survivor but cleared my PMs since then and I think Rip unfortunately doesn’t have records of that game anymore.

Kinda want a second bite of the cherry of one of his Venari games just to see if I can pull it off like I did yours lol. Pre-requesting Patient Leo!

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry but also very much not sorry for that pun.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    My second game was JP’s Mortal Kombat one. For the sake of his and everyone else’s sanity, I’ll not repeat my jail experience after learning what role I was given.

I’m a late bloomer
    To be fair, it was a rather unique role that I had. You didn't know if you had to tell the truth or not.

I ended up being modkilled because I thought I mistook info told to me in jail for info that was out there.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, it was a rather unique role that I had. You didn't know if you had to tell the truth or not.

I ended up being modkilled because I thought I mistook info told to me in jail for info that was out there.
    I appreciate the kindness because for a while JP would not let me live that down!

I thought letting you know HFR was Shao Kahn was gonna benefit you guys and let me live. Didn’t know any better that would result in my death.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though I think you connecting the dots with Shang Tsung being a usurper had something to do with it too. Didn’t reckon on you working that out me being relatively new at the time.

Also was too keen on lynching HFR at one point playing my role when everyone else was lynching virm so should have joined but got jailed because I did not. Lessons learned!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Badger your fucking memory is astounding. I've already forgotten the last game.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Badger your fucking memory is astounding. I've already forgotten the last game.
    If there is one thing my memory is good for, it’s long-term random shit even if I sometimes forget to lock the door when I leave my flat!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    My short term memory is absolute shit these days. I called my buddy earlier about our plans for tonight. Confirmed everything and did a few things around the house. Suddenly my mind was like you need to ca drew to make sure we are still on for tonight. I called him back and he was like dude we just talked 10 mins ago.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My short term memory is absolute shit these days. I called my buddy earlier about our plans for tonight. Confirmed everything and did a few things around the house. Suddenly my mind was like you need to ca drew to make sure we are still on for tonight. I called him back and he was like dude we just talked 10 mins ago.
    It’s so bad with me and a colleague that we made a joke out of it and started a “Who has left their keys at work the most contest?” which included such highlights as me getting to my front door one night then having to get a taxi back to the building to retrieve them.

Think I was winning (as in not leaving my keys behind as much) but due to Covid, keeping score has gone down the drain lol.
    Last edited by Badger; March 5th, 2021 at 11:17 PM.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bert he says it’s from Xavier:Renegade Angel from Adult Swim (PMed him and he wrote back, he’s fine).

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I remember MK for fellow scum kangus wanting to kill me so he could absorb my Baraka power. We didn't go that route but would have been crazy if it worked.

My short term memory is shit. I have to make notes about everything.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Baraka’s awesome, high up on my list of favourite MK characters.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think to tag JP you gotta know his user number.

@Stripey Guy

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought you had to put a space in between the @ and the J but that didn’t work.

It was done once before but feck if I can be arsed finding it.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I did it right once but was a total accident and have not been able to replicate it since.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I just did it yesterday or the day before. You just use the user id like Vegas said.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better yet he should just be jpkengland again so we don’t have to go through all that arse effort.