User Tag List

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
Results 2,901 to 2,973 of 2973

Thread: Super Captain N: The Struggle for Videoland Mafia

  1. #2901
    The 'me' in 'team' McIntyrenReigns_Rulez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Darius Fontayne can kiss my ass
    Posts
    4,443
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    468373
    ukraine
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    This is going to be a tedious month or two.
    Incidentally, I did give Rom a name so bad he hasn't posted for a month (I can't link to the original post)

  2. #2902
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toke Park, IL
    Posts
    14,858
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    475417
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Psycho, why kill the one person who'd definitely give the game to the SK if it came down to a 3 way Mexican Standoff? Why? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy?
    If you read my private chat, my logic was that if you were going to keep putting bombs on people, you were gonna lock me out of people to kill and I was scared of that, because the spreadsheet walls were already closing in and victory was within sight. I honestly wanted to carry you until the end at that point. Then I saw you tried to kill me and thought I made the right decision regardless. But I'm assuming that was the T-1000?

  3. #2903
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toke Park, IL
    Posts
    14,858
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    475417
    Jarrod, this was a really fun game. I enjoyed figuring out the roles, and maybe it was particularly fun for me as someone who didn't need to solve as much as just fuck with people and be the last man alive. I think where this mainly falls short was the length of time it took to play. I think delaying the answers and how you chose to go about making up for the lack of participation from limbo players was all fine, but quickening the pace could go a long way into helping things.

    This game is probably the closest we could ever get to doing what's called a "Mash," where it's a really big game (often 40+) with a lot of action and most importantly: a lot of deaths. It's usually done in a 24-hour cycle format where during each day, there are various events where people can win prizes, and even more importantly ITAs. Those are hour windows of time where each player has one shot available to them. It has a high percentage to fail, but it kills on success. Then at night there are usually multiple kills available, like scum having two or three kills in one night and town having vig powers.

    All of that results in many kills occurring within a Day/Night cycle. And so much of what you presented reminded me of a Mash to a T, like Cranky's trivia. I think had you upped the kill power by giving people day kills or just allowing town to get more vig abilities, things could have moved faster and not felt as draining for some.

    But month-long mafia game go brrr so I was all about it

  4. #2904
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toke Park, IL
    Posts
    14,858
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    475417
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Oh, and then liking the tweet knowing I was cursing you out in the shower.

    I did actually take a lot of joy out of this. I couldn't resist.

    If it makes you feel any better, part of the like was because of how many times I've wanted to make comments on Twitter about mafia and avoided doing so for the same reason you stated

  5. #2905
    Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Canada, Eh?
    Posts
    26,210
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    833789
    canada
    This game was hell for town when you could trust basically no one.

  6. #2906
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toke Park, IL
    Posts
    14,858
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    475417
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    I have no idea how you kept track of everything.

    Psycho had me fooled. Can't believe I voted to bring him back.

    Also once again, fuck the bus drivers.
    The best part about this is I specifically said I was setting the stage by lynching you on D1 as a symbol of the No Lynch D1 Crew. I was honestly a bit surprised no one had put 2-and-2 together.

    Killing CWE was purely because I didn't think he was Wario and he would have caught on to the spreadsheet and fucked me over.

  7. #2907
    Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Canada, Eh?
    Posts
    26,210
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    833789
    canada
    I'm still No Lynch D1 for life.

    Although had I realized that ALL the non-green were basically a risk I might have changed my tune as town actually was not a majority from the get-go in this game.

  8. #2908
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toke Park, IL
    Posts
    14,858
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    475417
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandria Ocasio-Bertez View Post
    I thought Psycho was cyan because Jarrod forgot I had access to dead chat, he gave me the link before I became a stump. Mazer said something in dead chat about talking to Psycho. Now I know that was part of his role. Oh well, I enjoyed being a stump.

    Badgers spreadsheet saying Virm couldn't be the role he was.

    Not sure if Psycho actually thought Badger was on my team or if he was just playing along.
    I didn't think cyan or orange would come up as not town. So I actually thought it was Badger and Grim. I pushed the HFR line because at one point I wanted to keep the mystery that Pokey could still be alive even though I knew yellow had probably died already, so I didn't want to let slip that I thought Grim was Pokey.

    I was never expecting Mikey_Jones to be scum, though. I'm not sure where I got my wires crossed there, but I think I would have went into endgame believing Randolph was Bowser Jr.

  9. #2909
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toke Park, IL
    Posts
    14,858
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    475417
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Aha! I kinda wondered why TraXX didnít show up as murdered like everyone else. Shitty luck for him but not for me.

    Randolph got really stressed out in the chat over Swanky showing up again. Just wanna reach out and give him a big manly hug! Heís not been in Mafia as long as the rest of us but heís better than he realises. Hope he continues to play.
    Yeah, I wanna say this was a great performance from Randolph. He really held his end of the bargain without slipping too much from his usual tone and posting style.

  10. #2910
    Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Canada, Eh?
    Posts
    26,210
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    833789
    canada
    Oh yeah, I forgot to ask, who brought me back from the dead?

    Mikey had implied it was him, that's why I read him being town the entire game and he would have fooled me right up to the end.

  11. #2911
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toke Park, IL
    Posts
    14,858
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    475417
    Quote Originally Posted by TraXX View Post
    Everything I did in the game was wrong and I was irrelevant/ignored for the majority. Until the end, and then I was a distraction/clown. Think I'll bow out now as to be honest, I'm struggling at life as it is without this grinding me down too.
    TraXX, you were a pleasure to play with this game and I think you often have some of the most sound logic of everyone here. Were it not for me being self-aligned, I would have vouched for you so hard at the end there and went for yeeting Randolph immediately(which would have been both the right and wrong choice since he wasn't Bowser Jr. like I thought, but eh).

    Take a break for a bit and take care of yourself. But I hope you do come back and play more. And remember that this was a very unconventional game and that probably didn't help matters.

  12. #2912
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toke Park, IL
    Posts
    14,858
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    475417
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Think that was it. Was worried about the balance.

    Which I get.

    Not really trying to critique Jarrod either, just think itís worth calling out for future.
    I do this at times only because I think it will enhance the joy some people will have in game, and I think that matters first and foremost. But for me, that's usually in the Grim vein, where someone rolls something they always roll or something similar.

    The first time I did it, it was because Jarrod had rolled scum for the umpteenth time during a point in his game where he was getting called out instantly. I felt randomly choosing a town player to swap with him would be a fair way of resolving it while also giving Jarrod the chance to play organically like he has nothing to hide. That began his trend of becoming a stronger player, and can now hold his own as scum. So I don't regret that decision at all.

  13. #2913
    In The Judge's Chambers Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    6,140
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    610579
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot to ask, who brought me back from the dead?

    Mikey had implied it was him, that's why I read him being town the entire game and he would have fooled me right up to the end.
    It was Mikey. First resurrection so maybe had lack of options. Mikey did pretty well blending in.

  14. #2914
    Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    62,256
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1110695
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Yeah, I wanna say this was a great performance from Randolph. He really held his end of the bargain without slipping too much from his usual tone and posting style.
    Randolph is the bee's knees!

  15. #2915
    OK at Madden Mikey_Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    12,430
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    102714
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    I didn't think cyan or orange would come up as not town. So I actually thought it was Badger and Grim. I pushed the HFR line because at one point I wanted to keep the mystery that Pokey could still be alive even though I knew yellow had probably died already, so I didn't want to let slip that I thought Grim was Pokey.

    I was never expecting Mikey_Jones to be scum, though. I'm not sure where I got my wires crossed there, but I think I would have went into endgame believing Randolph was Bowser Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot to ask, who brought me back from the dead?

    Mikey had implied it was him, that's why I read him being town the entire game and he would have fooled me right up to the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    It was Mikey. First resurrection so maybe had lack of options. Mikey did pretty well blending in.
    Yeah, I bought Pablo back early on. I could (and maybe should) have bought back BGMaverick but that was who my team had just killed and I didn't want to undo all their hard work.

    Thanks for the kind words fellas, thought I had a quiet game until the last couple of phases but managed well enough. Got the victory for killing Samus which is a nice bonus and my first scum win in a very long time/ever!

  16. #2916
    Top Hulkamaniac Bluegunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Parts unknown
    Posts
    5,294
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    22435
    Yeah props Mikey, I thought we were in trouble the second they found both of us the same night, but you made it to the end.

  17. #2917
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toke Park, IL
    Posts
    14,858
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    475417
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_Jones View Post
    Yeah, I bought Pablo back early on. I could (and maybe should) have bought back BGMaverick but that was who my team had just killed and I didn't want to undo all their hard work.

    Thanks for the kind words fellas, thought I had a quiet game until the last couple of phases but managed well enough. Got the victory for killing Samus which is a nice bonus and my first scum win in a very long time/ever!
    I don't know if you were just spouting some shit to get a lynch of me off, but I hope you know that your logic for why I was Kefka was wrong.

    It was so infuriating to not just be like, "No, this is wrong. You can't lynch me for this reason."

  18. #2918
    OK at Madden Mikey_Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    12,430
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    102714
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    I don't know if you were just spouting some shit to get a lynch of me off, but I hope you know that your logic for why I was Kefka was wrong.

    It was so infuriating to not just be like, "No, this is wrong. You can't lynch me for this reason."
    Hahaha yeah I figured it wasn't the right reason but at that stage, I was happy to lynch anyone who wasn't me!

  19. #2919
    Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    62,256
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1110695
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Jarrod, this was a really fun game. I enjoyed figuring out the roles, and maybe it was particularly fun for me as someone who didn't need to solve as much as just fuck with people and be the last man alive. I think where this mainly falls short was the length of time it took to play. I think delaying the answers and how you chose to go about making up for the lack of participation from limbo players was all fine, but quickening the pace could go a long way into helping things.

    This game is probably the closest we could ever get to doing what's called a "Mash," where it's a really big game (often 40+) with a lot of action and most importantly: a lot of deaths. It's usually done in a 24-hour cycle format where during each day, there are various events where people can win prizes, and even more importantly ITAs. Those are hour windows of time where each player has one shot available to them. It has a high percentage to fail, but it kills on success. Then at night there are usually multiple kills available, like scum having two or three kills in one night and town having vig powers.

    All of that results in many kills occurring within a Day/Night cycle. And so much of what you presented reminded me of a Mash to a T, like Cranky's trivia. I think had you upped the kill power by giving people day kills or just allowing town to get more vig abilities, things could have moved faster and not felt as draining for some.

    But month-long mafia game go brrr so I was all about it
    What’s been the largest number of people in a Rajah game besides this?

  20. #2920
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    10,995
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    570857
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    I'm still No Lynch D1 for life.

    Although had I realized that ALL the non-green were basically a risk I might have changed my tune as town actually was not a majority from the get-go in this game.
    I will rejoin after a brief respite to pursue a vendetta with Morrison.

  21. #2921
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toke Park, IL
    Posts
    14,858
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    475417
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    What’s been the largest number of people in a Rajah game besides this?
    If I'm not mistaken, I think my South Park game was the biggest. I don't think we've ever cracked 30 before.

  22. #2922
    In The Judge's Chambers Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    6,140
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    610579
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    I'm still No Lynch D1 for life.

    Although had I realized that ALL the non-green were basically a risk I might have changed my tune as town actually was not a majority from the get-go in this game.
    Yeah people were saying it was too easy for town to win lately and that things were getting predictable. I figured most people would think orange and cyan were fighting for the green side but they're out for themselves!

  23. #2923
    In The Judge's Chambers Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    6,140
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    610579
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Jarrod, this was a really fun game. I enjoyed figuring out the roles, and maybe it was particularly fun for me as someone who didn't need to solve as much as just fuck with people and be the last man alive. I think where this mainly falls short was the length of time it took to play. I think delaying the answers and how you chose to go about making up for the lack of participation from limbo players was all fine, but quickening the pace could go a long way into helping things.

    This game is probably the closest we could ever get to doing what's called a "Mash," where it's a really big game (often 40+) with a lot of action and most importantly: a lot of deaths. It's usually done in a 24-hour cycle format where during each day, there are various events where people can win prizes, and even more importantly ITAs. Those are hour windows of time where each player has one shot available to them. It has a high percentage to fail, but it kills on success. Then at night there are usually multiple kills available, like scum having two or three kills in one night and town having vig powers.

    All of that results in many kills occurring within a Day/Night cycle. And so much of what you presented reminded me of a Mash to a T, like Cranky's trivia. I think had you upped the kill power by giving people day kills or just allowing town to get more vig abilities, things could have moved faster and not felt as draining for some.

    But month-long mafia game go brrr so I was all about it
    Cool. I had never heard of Mash so I think its fun that they're other things like my game out there. Putting it together I wasn't sure if it'd work or turn into a big mess. A bit messy in spots but think everything worked as well as it could.

  24. #2924
    Intercontinental Champion CWE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,864
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    125625
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    What’s been the largest number of people in a Rajah game besides this?
    28 players

    Justice League 2

    Until this game that is.

  25. #2925
    In The Judge's Chambers Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    6,140
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    610579
    usa
    Yeah, I knew we could fill that sign up! If wardy, Simon or a couple others play too we could maybe top it.

    I hope @gUnit sticks around. I felt like he was just getting going when he got axed.

  26. #2926
    Not Scum Mr_Nobody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,438
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    44349
    I was done with mafia. I hadn't played it in years, with the last game being one of the games here. I did do a smaller game in another place that I was trying to introduce a bunch of people to it, but it didn't go well, seeing several of the people wound up not doing anything.

    So this was a blast to get back into.

    And now I'm working on a new game.

  27. #2927
    In The Judge's Chambers Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    6,140
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    610579
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nobody View Post
    I was done with mafia. I hadn't played it in years, with the last game being one of the games here. I did do a smaller game in another place that I was trying to introduce a bunch of people to it, but it didn't go well, seeing several of the people wound up not doing anything.

    So this was a blast to get back into.

    And now I'm working on a new game.
    Glad you enjoyed it and look forward to playing your game. I think you legitimately surprised some people with your return!

    This is the only place I've played Mafia and only my second attempt at running a game. I'm pretty hooked. One of my favorite ways to pass the time.

  28. #2928
    the Omniscient Grimario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    'straya
    Posts
    26,974
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    245653
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nobody View Post
    I was done with mafia. I hadn't played it in years, with the last game being one of the games here. I did do a smaller game in another place that I was trying to introduce a bunch of people to it, but it didn't go well, seeing several of the people wound up not doing anything.

    So this was a blast to get back into.

    And now I'm working on a new game.
    Reminds me...

    @JP; where is my video?

  29. #2929
    Not Scum Mr_Nobody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,438
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    44349
    @Grimario wasn't there like a cash payment for my return... or was that supposed to stay a secret?

  30. #2930
    In The Judge's Chambers Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    6,140
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    610579
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    If you read my private chat, my logic was that if you were going to keep putting bombs on people, you were gonna lock me out of people to kill and I was scared of that, because the spreadsheet walls were already closing in and victory was within sight. I honestly wanted to carry you until the end at that point. Then I saw you tried to kill me and thought I made the right decision regardless. But I'm assuming that was the T-1000?
    Yes that was T-1000 as Waluigi trying to kill you. Extra life came in handy there.

  31. #2931
    the Omniscient Grimario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    'straya
    Posts
    26,974
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    245653
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nobody View Post
    @Grimario wasn't there like a cash payment for my return... or was that supposed to stay a secret?
    Payable on my victory which you failed to deliver!

  32. #2932
    Cow fart expert. Alexandria Ocasio-Bertez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Triggered.
    Posts
    18,172
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    398196
    puertorico
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nobody View Post
    I was done with mafia. I hadn't played it in years, with the last game being one of the games here. I did do a smaller game in another place that I was trying to introduce a bunch of people to it, but it didn't go well, seeing several of the people wound up not doing anything.

    So this was a blast to get back into.

    And now I'm working on a new game.

  33. #2933
    Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    62,256
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1110695
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nobody View Post
    @Grimario wasn't there like a cash payment for my return... or was that supposed to stay a secret?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Payable on my victory which you failed to deliver!
    Sorry guys my bad there.

  34. #2934
    Alrite? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    21,986
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    751573
    spain
    Pokemon for the next game obvs.

  35. #2935
    Judge Virms - 9th Realm virms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Earth 304-d - The Badger Who Sold The World
    Posts
    42,958
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    985708
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Sorry guys my bad there.
    Did you win the game or something badger?

  36. #2936
    Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    62,256
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1110695
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    Did you win the game or something badger?
    Just a friendly wind-up.

  37. #2937
    Not Scum Mr_Nobody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,438
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    44349
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Payable on my victory which you failed to deliver!
    In the end, aren't we all winners at heart for playing the game?

  38. #2938
    Temet Nosce Caito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    9,649
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    229392
    Not BG. Poor bastard didn’t even get to play

  39. #2939
    In The Judge's Chambers Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    6,140
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    610579
    usa
    Yeah and I don't think he'll be giving it another shot from what he said. The first couple games are always shaky. I had no clue what I was doing. For some people I think it takes a couple games to really get your feet wet and get hooked I think.

  40. #2940
    Judge Virms - 9th Realm virms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Earth 304-d - The Badger Who Sold The World
    Posts
    42,958
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    985708
    germany
    Morrison is the Hitler of mafia games

  41. #2941
    Cow fart expert. Alexandria Ocasio-Bertez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Triggered.
    Posts
    18,172
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    398196
    puertorico
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph View Post


    This happy place holds magic meaning, for 'twas my mother's nickname. Truckers, delivery guys, men coming in and out of the house all day called her the Grand Canyon, but I never knew why. It's just a great wide gash, spread open for the enjoyment of all to come inside as he pleases and pleasures. Often there's a donkey in there.
    @Badger

  42. #2942
    Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    62,256
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1110695
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandria Ocasio-Bertez View Post
    Thanks for the pick up.

    Randolph does weird gif shit and stuff on a regular basis (like his wrestling out of context thread in the W-forums) so probably just his typical humour.

  43. #2943
    you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Posts
    25,721
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    721155
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    Yeah and I don't think he'll be giving it another shot from what he said. The first couple games are always shaky. I had no clue what I was doing. For some people I think it takes a couple games to really get your feet wet and get hooked I think.
    if he's not willing to play another, then he hardly had any interest to begin with.

  44. #2944
    Cow fart expert. Alexandria Ocasio-Bertez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Triggered.
    Posts
    18,172
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    398196
    puertorico
    Goddamnit Morrison, take responsibility for what you've done.

    A young mafia career snuffed out before he ever gets a chance to become the next spreadsheeter.

  45. #2945
    Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    62,256
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1110695
    Morrison and I did those virm game kills like a boss. I gave the orders and he kept me from getting my hands dirty!

    Sucked we were on separate teams this time.

  46. #2946
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    10,995
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    570857
    Quote Originally Posted by CWE View Post
    28 players

    Justice League 2

    Until this game that is.
    Sometimes this is like "What if someone had the memory of Sheldon Cooper and devoted themselves to mafia & alcohol?"

  47. #2947
    Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    62,256
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1110695
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Sometimes this is like "What if someone had the memory of Sheldon Cooper and devoted themselves to mafia & alcohol?"
    CWE is tequila mafiapedia!

  48. #2948
    Intercontinental Champion CWE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,864
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    125625
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Sometimes this is like "What if someone had the memory of Sheldon Cooper and devoted themselves to mafia & alcohol?"
    It was my first game. You always remember your first.

  49. #2949
    Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    62,256
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1110695
    Quote Originally Posted by CWE View Post
    It was my first game. You always remember your first.
    I do. Psycho teamed me up as scum with you in the South Park game and got pretty far!

    Made the wrong decision at the end when it was just me to kill BBF as double vote mayor when there were better more powerful targets available but as a newb was scared of that double vote. Learning curve!

  50. #2950
    Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    62,256
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1110695
    Mind you not as bad as Alex inadvertently vig killing our scum team mate Fro when he meant to give the vig kill to him as a gift!

  51. #2951
    Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    62,256
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1110695
    Pulled a Homer there.

  52. #2952
    Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    62,256
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1110695
    The start was also kinda bad but funny. @Psycho666Soldier “Badger you got good team-mates to help you through this!” Cewsh being one of them IIRC.

    *Night One, Cewsh and kangus kill each other*

    “Well crap!”

  53. #2953
    In The Judge's Chambers Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    6,140
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    610579
    usa
    My first game I was Scum in one of Rip's Venari games. Dave, Psycho and I pulled in the win. Then I got lynched or murdered D1/N1 for what seemed like forever.

  54. #2954
    Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    62,256
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1110695
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    My first game I was Scum in one of Rip's Venari games. Dave, Psycho and I pulled in the win. Then I got lynched or murdered D1/N1 for what seemed like forever.
    Rip Venari Game?? Fook that is REALLY a tough first hurdle!

    Only took part in one of those once but Rip didn’t have the time to finish it.

  55. #2955
    Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    62,256
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1110695
    All I remember from that was events going off every few hours and the game was only a couple of days old before things got pulled.

    Muchos respect Jarrod for making it through!

  56. #2956
    The 'me' in 'team' McIntyrenReigns_Rulez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Darius Fontayne can kiss my ass
    Posts
    4,443
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    468373
    ukraine
    Quote Originally Posted by CWE View Post
    It was my first game. You always remember your first.
    Snap. Ended on the winning team, which helped.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    My first game I was Scum in one of Rip's Venari games. Dave, Psycho and I pulled in the win. Then I got lynched or murdered D1/N1 for what seemed like forever.
    Yeah I had a run of 4-5 games being first one out. It's all about how you react to a situation like that but it was tough for a while.

  57. #2957
    Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    62,256
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1110695
    My second game was JP’s Mortal Kombat one. For the sake of his and everyone else’s sanity, I’ll not repeat my jail experience after learning what role I was given.

    I’m a late bloomer

  58. #2958
    Judge Virms - 9th Realm virms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Earth 304-d - The Badger Who Sold The World
    Posts
    42,958
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    985708
    germany
    You sure about that?

  59. #2959
    Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    62,256
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1110695
    Very.

    Almost up there with you claiming the Beatles and being too late in pulling the trigger.

  60. #2960
    Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    62,256
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1110695
    @Grimario knows. He was moving in for a kill that night IIRC.

  61. #2961
    In The Judge's Chambers Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    6,140
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    610579
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Rip Venari Game?? Fook that is REALLY a tough first hurdle!

    Only took part in one of those once but Rip didn’t have the time to finish it.
    It was that patient zero one right? Wondering who it was now that you bring it up.

  62. #2962
    Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    62,256
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1110695
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    It was that patient zero one right? Wondering who it was now that you bring it up.
    Vaguely remember I was a survivor but cleared my PMs since then and I think Rip unfortunately doesn’t have records of that game anymore.

    Kinda want a second bite of the cherry of one of his Venari games just to see if I can pull it off like I did yours lol. Pre-requesting Patient Leo!

  63. #2963
    Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    62,256
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1110695
    Sorry but also very much not sorry for that pun.

  64. #2964
    Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Canada, Eh?
    Posts
    26,210
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    833789
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    My second game was JPís Mortal Kombat one. For the sake of his and everyone elseís sanity, Iíll not repeat my jail experience after learning what role I was given.

    Iím a late bloomer
    To be fair, it was a rather unique role that I had. You didn't know if you had to tell the truth or not.

    I ended up being modkilled because I thought I mistook info told to me in jail for info that was out there.

  65. #2965
    Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    62,256
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1110695
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    To be fair, it was a rather unique role that I had. You didn't know if you had to tell the truth or not.

    I ended up being modkilled because I thought I mistook info told to me in jail for info that was out there.
    I appreciate the kindness because for a while JP would not let me live that down!

    I thought letting you know HFR was Shao Kahn was gonna benefit you guys and let me live. Didn’t know any better that would result in my death.

  66. #2966
    Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    62,256
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1110695
    Though I think you connecting the dots with Shang Tsung being a usurper had something to do with it too. Didn’t reckon on you working that out me being relatively new at the time.

    Also was too keen on lynching HFR at one point playing my role when everyone else was lynching virm so should have joined but got jailed because I did not. Lessons learned!

  67. #2967
    Judge Virms - 9th Realm virms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Earth 304-d - The Badger Who Sold The World
    Posts
    42,958
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    985708
    germany
    Badger your fucking memory is astounding. I've already forgotten the last game.

  68. #2968
    Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    62,256
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1110695
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    Badger your fucking memory is astounding. I've already forgotten the last game.
    If there is one thing my memory is good for, it’s long-term random shit even if I sometimes forget to lock the door when I leave my flat!

  69. #2969
    Judge Virms - 9th Realm virms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Earth 304-d - The Badger Who Sold The World
    Posts
    42,958
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    985708
    germany
    My short term memory is absolute shit these days. I called my buddy earlier about our plans for tonight. Confirmed everything and did a few things around the house. Suddenly my mind was like you need to ca drew to make sure we are still on for tonight. I called him back and he was like dude we just talked 10 mins ago.

  70. #2970
    Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    62,256
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1110695
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    My short term memory is absolute shit these days. I called my buddy earlier about our plans for tonight. Confirmed everything and did a few things around the house. Suddenly my mind was like you need to ca drew to make sure we are still on for tonight. I called him back and he was like dude we just talked 10 mins ago.
    It’s so bad with me and a colleague that we made a joke out of it and started a “Who has left their keys at work the most contest?” which included such highlights as me getting to my front door one night then having to get a taxi back to the building to retrieve them.

    Think I was winning (as in not leaving my keys behind as much) but due to Covid, keeping score has gone down the drain lol.
    Last edited by Badger; March 5th, 2021 at 11:17 PM.

  71. #2971
    Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    62,256
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1110695
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandria Ocasio-Bertez View Post
    Bert he says it’s from Xavier:Renegade Angel from Adult Swim (PMed him and he wrote back, he’s fine).

  72. #2972
    In The Judge's Chambers Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    6,140
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    610579
    usa
    I remember MK for fellow scum kangus wanting to kill me so he could absorb my Baraka power. We didn't go that route but would have been crazy if it worked.

    My short term memory is shit. I have to make notes about everything.

  73. #2973
    Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    62,256
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1110695
    Baraka’s awesome, high up on my list of favourite MK characters.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •