User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Marvel Television

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone bother watching What If? Season 2?

Just finished Echo last night. Excellent stuff. Short but very solid. Kingpin and Maya are both awesome well-acted characters and i look forward to seeing more of them. Highly recommend

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Did anyone bother watching What If? Season 2?

Just finished Echo last night. Excellent stuff. Short but very solid. Kingpin and Maya are both awesome well-acted characters and i look forward to seeing more of them. Highly recommend
    I haven't finished Season 2 yet but so far so good. I was a huge fan of these comics too.

Almost done with Echo. I'm a big fan.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I just finished Echo. I liked it before the supernatural stuff came in. I am sure it has to do with her comic book origin, but I liked it better as a more grounded story. I enjoyed What IF more even if it felt like they rushed the ending.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i personally have fallen off of the MCU so hard that I havent even gotten through Loki Szn 2 and I'm not sure I ever will. Hiddleston is great but i dont really care if they get the temporal aura extractor to the temporal loom in time to stop the time slipping etc etc. there was a time when i cared about this jibberish because it was part of something bigger that i was invested in that was very good entertainment.

anyway i'm not trying to hate on it, i'm only saying it because i was a hardcore MCU stan previously. wake me up when fantastic four drops

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actually i take that back. deadpool 3 should be good and thats coming before F4

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never been a fan of the Fantastic Four but I do feel like their inclusion as well as the X-Men and the return of the Daredevil "universe" I guess you could call it is the shot in the arm we need. I said this before, they removed a lot of the iconic characters over the last few years and it didn't help. You're throwing all these B, C, D-level characters in the mix hoping for the best which is why they scaled back so much.

Definitely starting to agree with the whole "fatigue" argument but I think we'll look back in a couple years and see it all made sense. I can't front, there were times I was getting kind of sick of comic book movies and they were making money too. I didn't really get into Iron Man 2-3, Thor Dark World, Dr. Strange plus the stuff DC was doing at the time was mediocre. I think there are fans who see that a movie made a shit ton of money so it must be good.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Never been a fan of the Fantastic Four but I do feel like their inclusion as well as the X-Men and the return of the Daredevil "universe" I guess you could call it is the shot in the arm we need. I said this before, they removed a lot of the iconic characters over the last few years and it didn't help. You're throwing all these B, C, D-level characters in the mix hoping for the best which is why they scaled back so much.

Definitely starting to agree with the whole "fatigue" argument but I think we'll look back in a couple years and see it all made sense. I can't front, there were times I was getting kind of sick of comic book movies and they were making money too. I didn't really get into Iron Man 2-3, Thor Dark World, Dr. Strange plus the stuff DC was doing at the time was mediocre. I think there are fans who see that a movie made a shit ton of money so it must be good.
    i dont care about F4, but I know it's supposed to be a big new tentpole type story so in that sense I'm looking forward to it. i've always thought invisible girl and stretchy man have kinda dumb powers but I know it's a revered comic book team. I like Matt Shakman who's directing it.

but I think it would benefit from a universal reboot. in the sense that, whatever intergalactic trials and tribulations the F4 get into, i feel the stakes are lowered when there are approximately 75 super heroes on earth already, and a trillion other super heroes in other multiverses. in a world where they go up into space and get super powers and they are the FIRST people on earth to have super powers, i'm more interested. in the world where they join a community of hundreds of existing super heroes, i'm less interested.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    i dont care about F4, but I know it's supposed to be a big new tentpole type story so in that sense I'm looking forward to it. i've always thought invisible girl and stretchy man have kinda dumb powers but I know it's a revered comic book team. I like Matt Shakman who's directing it.

but I think it would benefit from a universal reboot. in the sense that, whatever intergalactic trials and tribulations the F4 get into, i feel the stakes are lowered when there are approximately 75 super heroes on earth already, and a trillion other super heroes in other multiverses. in a world where they go up into space and get super powers and they are the FIRST people on earth to have super powers, i'm more interested. in the world where they join a community of hundreds of existing super heroes, i'm less interested.
    This is basically why DC did those Infinite Wars books. They wanted to centralize all the stories because it was starting to get confusing and Marvel was also starting to gain the upperhand. I'm hearing rumblings that the Secret Wars movie and possibly Deadpool 3 will start the cleansing so to speak.

Plus, you have to bring back the iconic characters imo.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I care about the FF and I am expecting great things.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never saw the appeal in FF but they're OGs of Marvel they need to be in the mix with the current stuff. People don't even realize how much had to be changed without X-Men and FF being in the MCU.

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anyone else super damn hyped for X-Men '97? I legit squealed watching the teaser. That shit was my religion as a kid. Looks like it could be pretty great. Also, cracks me up the right-wing dweebs already complaining it's "woke" as if the X-Men haven't been woke as fuck since their creation.

Give me the World Belt, dammit Zarius's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X-Men 97 I'm cautious about, the voice acting ain't great (except for Scott) and the animation looks limited.

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First two eps of X-Men '97 dropped. Loving it so far. The animation is a little iffy/clunky but they did a great job introducing characters, getting new viewers up to speed, and diving right into some interesting personal relationship angles and drama and whatnot. Can't wait for more.

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3rd ep. of X-Men '97 keeps the quality coming. Was surprised they plowed through that whole Goblin Queen story so fast, though, figured that it was going to last at least a couple more before things were resolved. Some great dark/disturbing visuals and a few surprisingly adult quips in there, too. No one else watching?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X-Men 97 is great so far. I really liked how they’ve portrayed Cyclops in action. The way he used his beam to bring himself safely to the ground in the first episode was badass. Puts the live action depictions of the character to shame.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm loving this show. I shouldn't be shocked as the original run was my favorite cartoon of all time.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Apparently a 3rd season has already been approved.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I have marked for everything in episode 3, because its the first X-Men storyline I remember reading and getting the entire run of that story. This is absolutely fantastic. Magneto is again my favorite Marvel character next to Cap, Spidey and Logan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I had reservations, but so far X-Men 97 is doing a terrific job, it's growing up alongside it's original audience.

Hope we get more of Scott in action. Also hope he and the real Jean aren't going to split.

Episode 4 was fun in one half and heavy in the other. Lifedeath probably would have benefitted from just being one extended episode. I wanted more arcade game action in the Jubilee one.

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ep. 4 was cool. The video game bit was a fun nostalgia trip and did some cool animation stuff. Big fan of Mojo so was happy to see him appear though it was really odd/pointless they made him skinny just to make him fat again 10 seconds later. The Storm/Forge half was a nice contrast and pretty moving stuff. Did they have history from the old series? 'Cuz man seemed to say "I love you" really goddamn quick unless I missed some passage of time/previous relationship but I thought they just met last episode?

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn ep. 5 went HARD. Dropped my jaw a couple of times and had me tearing up at the end. Goddamn.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    My friend stated episode 5 was worse than the Red Wedding and I don't think he is wrong.

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every episode has my jaw dropping at least once. This show is giving me life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another banger this week