User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Marvel Television

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second episode was definite step up from the first. Felt less like a retread through a past flick with a few roles switched up and more like a newer/fresher story. Nice to enjoy one of Chadwick's final performances and have to admit I got choked at the closing dedication to him.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not super high on this style of animation but I love Marvel so I'll take whatever. The "what if" comics were some of my favorites as a young kid.

I agree, this one was cool. Very intriguing and I wanted to see Black Panther in space so here we are. I haven't really paid much attention to what any of the episodes are about so I'm curious what they've come up with for us.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'm not as into this show because the eps are only half an hour and stand-alone so it's harder to get invested and everything moves along so briskly you don't really get to sit with the ideas long enough. This week's episode specifically:

Still feel like last week's was the best so far.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I have a feeling at some point these worlds are going to combine.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I think I'm not as into this show because the eps are only half an hour and stand-alone so it's harder to get invested and everything moves along so briskly you don't really get to sit with the ideas long enough. This week's episode specifically:

Still feel like last week's was the best so far.
    I agree with all this. Also for me, being animated already puts it on a lower stratosphere. But that’s because I’m not a big animation guy in general.

This is a show about hypothetical scenarios so off the jump it’s not an impactful show in terms of plot development and consequences… and on top of that, I agree with you the pacing is so fast that it’s more of a schmorgesborg of concepts than a deep dive into any of them.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if you understand the purpose of the What If comics you would understand why these shows are the way they are. The comics were stand alones, they would have issues like "What if...Storm never joined the X-Men" so it's really just meant to be fun moments that you don't really need to get super invested in because the pay off happens inside the episode. It's like the Simpsons or Family Guy, not every episode ties in with the next, what you get in 30 minutes is what you get with the rare callback to an old episode.

I personally would enjoy it more if the animation was better. Not saying I don't, it's just kind of mediocre compared to other animated shows I watch.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so the newest episode was by far the best. Loved it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    It was mega depressing. I was like damn.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    It truly showed the benefits of the what if universe. It’s something they could never do in a mainline MCU property.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I have really enjoyed this series so far. Part of me wishes there more like 45-60 minutes just expand a little more in some cases but honestly they are doing a good job with the time frame they are using. It has been fun to watch and see various changes based on different decisions.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    For not the last one but the one before

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    For not the last one but the one before

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks good

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I am looking forward to Hawkeye.

Loving What if? The zombies was fun

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hawkeye looks interesting. Will be nice to have the Christmas vibe going into the holiday season.

Zombies What If? episode was fun but a bit too comedic and not really leaning enough into the sevarity of the situation. Seeing your former friends as zombies could have used a bit more weight.

Newest episode with Killmonger was among the best. Really explored the alternate story and spent time with the idea and it was nice to get more of the guy as he was one of the better Marvel villains.

The Stale Smell of Excess Jimmy Zero's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the Killmonger episode fell apart towards the end.

Also, Michael B. Jordan should never do voice acting again. His delivery was pretty bad in Black Panther, but it was hilariously bad in that episode.

So far, I think the T'Challa as Star Lord episode and the murderous Hank Pym episode have been the stand outs.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Party Thor episode was pretty weak. A few of these are ending with cliffhangers that are more interesting than the bulk of the episode. Unless there's going to be a second season, I assume those will remain nothing but cliffhangers, just fun ideas to leave you pondering.

Keep hearing people talk about when they'll all crossover or when The Watcher is going to intervene but with it progressing closer and closer to the last episode, I am really doubting that either of those things are actually going to happen. I know the promo material showed different characters together but that's promo material and we've seen stuff in trailers that's not in the actual product. At this point, if those things happen, it's seems like it's going to either be rushed and potentially unsatisfying (like a lot of the episodes have been) or it's going to be a cliffhanger ending that's not going to be resolved until there's a second season (like how a lot of the episodes have ended).

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I believe season two has already been announced. With only two episodes left, it might be tough to pull all these stories together in that time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, are these stories supposed to ultimately be tied together somehow? I just assumed they were essentially standalone episodes, much like the comic book was made up of standalone issues that didn't tie into a larger story.

Honestly, other than the T'challa as Starlord and Hank Pym episodes, I think these have been incredibly boring. I don't get the point of the stories being told. Are these supposed to serve as a bit more of an intro for the audience to the concept of the multiverse as established in Dr. Strange, or is there some greater point that I'm missing? I also think the Watcher's pontificating comes off as silly and pretentious. I'm not sure if I just don't like this show (I loved the comic when I was younger, so I was looking forward to this), or if I'm missing something obvious.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm positive the episodes will tie in together. With The Watcher gathering the heroes to battle a big threat (see end of party Thor's episode.)

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw Marvel's promo for this week's episode on FB, and the character that appeared at the end of the last episode is going to be on it, so this'll be the first continuation of a story and likely the start of all the shit possibly coming together.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Just saw Marvel's promo for this week's episode on FB, and the character that appeared at the end of the last episode is going to be on it, so this'll be the first continuation of a story and likely the start of all the shit possibly coming together.
    Last edited by mth; September 28th, 2021 at 11:12 AM.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I bet mth was just trying to avoid spoilers.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, just being considerate if anyone hasn't caught up yet.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Does anyone else hit the skip intro button to avoid being spoiled on who will show up in an episode?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I don’t care about spoilers on a cartoon show about fake hypotheticals that won’t matter. But that’s just me! To each their own.

inb4 the watcher shows up in Doctor Strange 2

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Zero View Post
    Wait, are these stories supposed to ultimately be tied together somehow? I just assumed they were essentially standalone episodes, much like the comic book was made up of standalone issues that didn't tie into a larger story.

Honestly, other than the T'challa as Starlord and Hank Pym episodes, I think these have been incredibly boring. I don't get the point of the stories being told. Are these supposed to serve as a bit more of an intro for the audience to the concept of the multiverse as established in Dr. Strange, or is there some greater point that I'm missing? I also think the Watcher's pontificating comes off as silly and pretentious. I'm not sure if I just don't like this show (I loved the comic when I was younger, so I was looking forward to this), or if I'm missing something obvious.
    They're just based on the "What if..." comics. They were entirely separate from what was going on with the actual characters in other books. For example, there's one about what if Storm never joined the X-Men. It's not even about a multi-verse really it's just fantasy booking comic book characters, stories, etc.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Well then. Looking forward to the season finale.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good episode. Better than the previous two. Only downfall about today's episode was, it felt extremely short! Those 30 minutes or so go by quickly.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Looks like they are putting it all together and not just random stories with no link according to the writers. Nice way to put together this first season.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great episode. It might be my favorite one so far.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    A pretty fun finale

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Regarding your first point

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, there was definitely a missing episode which is a shame. Decent finale if a bit underwhelming honestly. Everything always ends with a punch up and some blasty things that don't work so they do more punching and blasting for a bit and then realize how they should really win the thing that they could have just done in the first place and saved all the punching and blasting. And magic and powers are always wildly inconsistent and not clearly defined. Also, no idea why Watcher chose big dumb idiot Thor who mostly was mostly useless and almost fucking things up every step of the way. Overall, I think this show could have benefited from the episodes being twice as long. It was fine but easily the least best of the series so far.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    Regarding your first point
    I saw this on a few outlets a bit after I posted this yesterday.

Yeah, there was definitely a missing episode which is a shame. Decent finale if a bit underwhelming honestly. Everything always ends with a punch up and some blasty things that don't work so they do more punching and blasting for a bit and then realize how they should really win the thing that they could have just done in the first place and saved all the punching and blasting. And magic and powers are always wildly inconsistent and not clearly defined. Also, no idea why Watcher chose big dumb idiot Thor who mostly was mostly useless and almost fucking things up every step of the way. Overall, I think this show could have benefited from the episodes being twice as long. It was fine but easily the least best of the series so far.
    I think I will be taking a Game of Thrones approach to Marvel shows. The penultimate episode was always the big moment of the year, and the finale wrapped things up and set us up for the following season.

I agree that magic is inconsistent in the MCU. Hopefully they start fixing that post WandaVision and Multiverse of Madness.

Happy there will be a season two. Now to re-read Matt Fraction's Hawkeye run before the show debuts. Highly recommend it to everyone as well, it is an incredible read and will make you love Kate Bishop more.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the finale and the season as a whole was pretty cool. No real complaints from me. The Thor party boy episode from a few back was one of my favorites. It was surely the most silly of all the episodes but I thought it was funny.

In terms of magic/power consistency it didn’t really make sense that

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First two episodes of Hawkeye have dropped. Pretty decent so far but the ball's really just getting rolling so it's a bit soon to really say much. I like the Xmas tone, nice way to get into the holiday spirit. Oh and the Avengers musical is amazing and they should totally make it for real.
    Last edited by mth; November 25th, 2021 at 11:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I'm enjoying it thus far. Definitely good cliffhangers for both episodes. The 2nd episode went by so fast that when they revealed the boss at the end I was intrigued to get to see her and nope...episode over and now I gotta wait.

I will say I forgot who ronin even was though.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First two episodes of Hawkeye have dropped. Pretty decent so far but the ball's really just getting rolling so it's a bit soon to really say much. I like the Xmas tone, nice way to get into the holiday spirit. Oh and the Avengers musical is amazing and they should totally make it for real.
    I'm with you on all of this especially the musical (That guy wasn't even there, who? Ant-Man) lol.

It made me think of the play in Thor Ragnarok.

Big fan of Hawkeye both in comics and on tv/movies. I dig the story and I hope it continues to get better.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched the third episode. I think the third one might have been my least favorite. Maybe I’m being a spoil sport but I thought the arrows in this episode were kinda cheesy, and that car chase scene in general was underwhelming. I like Echo so far and her backstory was the coolest part of the episode easily, but the Clint deaf stuff didn’t add anything. The humor between he and Kate was not great IMO.

This show so far has some potential but I’m not loving it. I hope it improves when Tony Dalton and Vera Farmiga get more involved in the plot. It’s like we’re waiting to find out what side they’re on, and maybe that will kick things into gear. We’re halfway through and I feel like not much interesting has happened.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh. i think ep. three was probably my favorite so far. I really enjoyed the car chase/trick arrow scene a lot and thought it was loads of fun. The rotating camera work at the start of it was really cool, too. Honestly thought it was one of the more memorable scenes in the MCU TV series thus far. I also thought the hearing issues for Clint added an interesting wrinkle to things and the scene with him and Kate on the phone with his boy was very touching.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve seen other people also saying episode 3 was their favorite, so I’m probably in the minority. Whatever, just wasn’t my cup of tea.

Renner is really good in this role regardless. He is a better actor than Mackie and Sebastian Stan IMO. And Steinfeld is solid enough.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This whole show was going to be made/broken by the Renner/Steinfeld chemistry. They are so great together. Really digging the show so far. The Fraction/Aja comic run this show is based on is spectacular and this is a good MCU adaptation of it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've enjoyed the first 3 episodes quite a bit, but then I also love the comic run this show is based on. Definitely interested to see where this goes.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    So you aren't boycotting the show because the og artist 8snt getting any money from this?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol fuck no. He doesn't own shit, and doesn't deserve extra compensation. He created the art that's been used on the show for Marvel. Cry me a river.

Did he compensate the Who for ripping off a very similar style they used on their albums and promotional material back when they first broke in the mid-1960s? I doubt it.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the actress that plays Echo is a legit deaf amputee which is pretty rad.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I haven't watched any of it yet but I saw Hawkeye and girl Hawkeye both learned some sign language to talk with her and thought that was pretty cool.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if this the right thread, but I just saw that Kevin Feige confirmed that Charlie Cox will be returning as Daredevil. That is awesome news. And if it opens the door for D’Onofrio’s Kingpin to come into the MCU I will pass out from euphoria.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How strong are the rumors that John Bernthal is going to reprise his role as Punisher? I don't think Netflix did him justice in terms of we needed way more than what they gave us. I would also love to see him incorporated into the Spidey universe.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't buy that Disney would do Bernthal's Punisher in the first place, let alone do it the justice that it deserves.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Zero View Post
    I don't buy that Disney would do Bernthal's Punisher in the first place, let alone do it the justice that it deserves.
    I do. They're going to have to figure out a way with Deadpool as it is. Disney won't put out an R-Rated Punisher movie directly. Disney is pretty high up the food chain. There are a lot of movies that you'd be shocked they had a hand in getting released i.e. Scream.

I think they could definitely pull it off. Not everything with Punisher needs to be blood and guts. He's one of my absolute favorites and we need to see him in the mix.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not the blood and guts I think Disney will shy away from as much as they will refuse to go as hard as the Netflix series did in how flawed and immoral the military/police can be. For as one note as people say the Punisher is as a character, there's a lot more nuance to the stories he's involved in than they're given credit for. Sure, there are a lot of Punisher stories that just amount to "let's see how many different way we can think of to kill people," but there's a depth to the character that tends to be ignored. I'd say the Netflix series is the only mainstream portrayal of Punisher that got it right (Warzone is dope for the blood and guts stuff, though).

I just don't see Disney going as far as they should with it. I hope I'm wrong.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hawkeye is still not very good IMO. The writing and action is not good enough to prop up this level of teasing the viewer/mystery plot lines. WTF is even going on in this show?

Spoilers up to episode 4:

We'll see how this finishes but right now I feel this is the 4th best of the 4 D+ live action MCU shows. Renner deserves better writing.
    Last edited by Fro; December 13th, 2021 at 9:04 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem for me is all of these shows have been way too short.

But we also have to remember, these are shows meant to build up the next phase of movies. These are pieces to a gigantic puzzle and I'm digging them all. I'll say this, I think Loki was the weakest so far but I'm more into the Captain America type characters than I am the Thor characters. It's just a little too silly. But I loved WandaVision because of the homage it was paying to so many shows.

Netflix spoiled me. I'm judging everything off those shows like Luke Cage and Daredevil. None of them are up to snuff.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wandavision was the best one. Loki 2nd.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Things have picked up for the finale next week:

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good fourth episode. Big fan of Yelena and her interaction with Kate was enjoyable. The big reveal at the end was not super surprising for me but at the same time, folks have thought signs were pointing to people in the past who did not materialize (Mephisto). Excited for the finale.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Round of applause for last night's episode.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Round of applause for last night's episode.

Per your spoiler:

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeSplitter View Post
    Per your spoiler:

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Episode 5 was a major step up in quality IMO. Good stuff.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a finale. I loved every minute of that.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hawkeye finale was dope.

Would rank this pretty high among the series. Probably go: WandaVision, Cap/WS, Hawkeye, Loki, What If?.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Watched through Hawkeye yesterday. It was pretty good. I think I'd still rank it 3rd behind Loki and Wandavision.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the finale was alright. Overall underwhelmed with this series. I want/need to watch Daredevil, and I've had it on my watch list for a while. Maybe I'll give it a go sometime soon.

I would go:

Loki > WandaVision > TFAWS > Hawkeye

I'll keep What If off the rankings since I think cartoons are in a different category.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the potential lineup for 2022:

• Moon Knight
    • She-Hulk
    • Secret Invasion
    • Ms. Marvel
    • I Am Groot
    • Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special

Pretty good, though we know delays can happen. Moon Knight looks really cool. Secret Invasion with Samuel L should be huge, and so will the Guardians ones.

She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel are the ones I'm not very hyped for at this time.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, and She-Hulk are the ones I'm most hyped about.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moon Knight

March 30

Looks pretty great

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ohmygodYES. I cannot wait.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trailer was a trailer. Fingers crossed this doesn’t take forever to get to what we want which is Moon Knight being Moon Knight. I feel like there are too many stories now where the protagonist is figuring out who he is when we the viewers do.

The suit looks cool.

Popped hard seeing Khonshu.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of Moon Knight's stars, Gaspard Ulliel, 37, has died in a skiing accident.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    So Moon Knight is the first Marvel on Disney Plus series where I have no idea on the subject matter. Other than the trailer, As a total noob, What do I need to know?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you need to know anything? Why not go in blind?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I mean, I knew nothing about pretty much every character in the MCU except maybe The Hulk and Captain America prior to the MCU. There's nothing you need to know. But of course some people prefer to know the source material first and that's fine too.

I also knew a little bit about Iron Man from Ghostface Killah albums.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Fair enough chaps.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you need to know anything? Why not go in blind?
    Sounds like someone who doesn't know anything about Moon Knight.

It doesn't hurt to know certain things but it can also help you avoid being overly critical of certain elements. This is a character that obviously the Marvel team know is maybe C-level at best in popularity, no different than Guardians. And Guardians is one of the best.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like someone who doesn't know anything about Moon Knight.

It doesn't hurt to know certain things but it can also help you avoid being overly critical of certain elements. This is a character that obviously the Marvel team know is maybe C-level at best in popularity, no different than Guardians. And Guardians is one of the best.
    Or it sounds like someone who's simply asking a question. Moon Knight's been one of my favorite characters since 4th or 5th grade. I thought someone like PG might not want to know anything about it so it's all fresh and new, no possible spoilers, no preconceived ideas, and they learn about it as they watch. Sometimes going in blind increases your enjoyment 'cuz you have no expectations. Things might surprise you that you'd have known were coming otherwise, etc.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Valid points all round really, I really enjoyed Falcoln and The winter Soldier even though I have not seen a Captain America standalone film, So wasn't that familiar with Bucky.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I know nothing about Moon Knight and am excited to go into it blind

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No you're not.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New trailer and release date for Ms. Marvel - June 8th. Personally, this doesn't appeal to me. If I were 12 years old, sure. Not to say only kids can enjoy this, and I have zero problem with a comic book/Disney studio putting out content targeted toward youths because that's exactly what they should do, but it's just not for me.

I really liked Captain Marvel (the movie), but if Ms. Marvel is going to be the second lead in the sequel (The Marvels), then my hype level is pretty low. Hawkeye similarly bridged the gap by having an established adult MCU star paired with a Disney Channel-type character, and I thought it was fairly lame.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm here for it. I've read a decent chunk of the comics and really enjoyed them.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually liked the Hawkeye series more than I expected because Hawkeye isn't really all that powerful, and it was his interaction with both the mere mortals and the superheroes that made it fun.

I was less of a fan of the Captain Marvel movie because the character seems too strong, and therefore is a lot less interesting.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Ms. Marvel trailer has like ehhh yeah not for me.

It looks like another story about someone daydreaming about being a super hero then they get powers through convenient circumstances and boom they call themselves a super hero without knowing what it even means to be a superhero. If anything, it comes off as a villain story. With great undeserved power comes great mediocrity.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    The Ms. Marvel trailer has like ehhh yeah not for me.

It looks like another story about someone daydreaming about being a super hero then they get powers through convenient circumstances and boom they call themselves a super hero without knowing what it even means to be a superhero. If anything, it comes off as a villain story. With great undeserved power comes great mediocrity.
    It's funny you should say that when that literally is kind of exactly the whole point for the first while. She gets powers, slaps on a costume, and think she's a hero but realizes she has no idea what she's doing and what that really entails, the baggage/responsabilities that come with it, and fucks up a bunch along the way. She learns the hard way that powers/costume =/= superhero and and that leads to her character growth, etc.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think it looks like it could be pretty fun. I'm gonna give it a go.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks corny as fuck but I'll still check it out. I'd rather a mini series than a full blown movie.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks corny as fuck but I'll still check it out. I'd rather a mini series than a full blown movie.

This. If it was a movie I would probably skip it. In a mini series, I can decide if it is worthwhile.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really enjoyed the first episode of Moon Knight. Nice mix of a light tone with some horror imagery. I like how we’re seeing everything from his perspective and how confused he is when he sees what has happened while he was blacked out. That was nicely done during the car chase. Overall a good set-up for a new show.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I enjoyed the first episode. I have very little knowledge of Moon Knight so was not sure what to expect.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy shit, yes. First episode has me HOOKED. As someone who's big into super heroes and horror (particularly psychological/WTF is going on? type), this shit is my jam. Totally echo Chris' sentiments from above. The comedy was great, the horror was great, and that final scene/reveal was sick. Excellent start. I was super hyped going in and it did not disappoint.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    My wife was fusing as I was watching it last night because I think she got hooked as well and she didn't want to get hooked on another show.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Been waiting for this since before it was even announced.
    Can't believe it's finally here (had to wait another day to see it, but that's okay).
    Love that a top 5 favorite singer of mine can be heard singing within seconds of the first scene's start. Very promising, but these things don't always deliver. In this case, it did.
    Moon Knight directly delves into the occult, which is always an aspect of Marvel mythos, and when a writer zeros in on the gods (for a viewing audience expecting to see a microcosm of god-hood), it's hard to go wrong. Shit writes itself basically.
    I have yet to feel let down by a Marvel movie and I don't plan to become a critic watching Moon Knight. Hopefully we can all learn something from such an enjoyable show if nothing else...
    I'm glad this place is such a deadzone, 'cause I do not wanna hear any theories about any of this show's mysterious aspects (it's good vs evil with mental health/decision-making at the center, same as life).

Gonna watch it again.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Episode 1 was badass. Really enjoyed it as a character intro.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very solid first episode. Oscar Isaac is good shit.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isaac is really delivering the goods here. The second episode had lots of nice interplay between Steven and Marc. The ending was powerful as it juxtaposed Steven’s terror in losing control with Marc’s rage at how much he’s endured while not being in control. I also liked seeing more of Harrow’s philosophy and how Khonshu is perceived by various characters.

I went into this with fairly low expectations, simply because I haven’t read many Moon Knight comics, but it’s been great so far. Like Hawkeye, it breaks away from the normal MCU mould and balances humour with action and serious stuff.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched episode 2 and realized I can't do 2 things at once while watching this show. I kept having to go back a couple times because I missed a few parts and then it was super quiet so I needed the captions lol.

Moon Knight is someone that I've always liked his look and really wish I had spent more time reading books with him in it. I only have like maybe 3-4 comics with him in it but one is a collab with him, Punisher, and Daredevil. Pretty dope.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second episode was great. Once again, Chris nailed my thoughts so I'll try not to just repeat what he said.
    Love how Khonshu is a crusty old buzzard both literally and figuratively and not necessarily a pure god who's in the right.
    The DID stuff is fascinating and well executed.
    I've seen some folks online who are mad about how Mr. Knight was introduced as seemingly just a gag about the "suit" however i think they're being premature and that the persona is going to develop more as the series progresses considering he's in the promo material looking pretty badass. I think Steven's going to get a better handle on things and develop that persona further into something more respectable.
    I hope Harrow's purple energy stick isn't a sign of another series that ends with a big beam of energy shooting into the sky or a big punch-up with folks shooting each other with laser beams.