User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Royal Rumble 2021

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Mixed feelings on the show. I did actually make it through an entire main roster WWE show for the first time in the pandemic era so that's something I suppose. The lack of a crowd is one thing but the worst thing is all the video screens and ultra bright lights and the way they film it. It's all so over the top I find it plain unwatchable most of the time.

- Drew/Goldberg was... actually class? Everything that Goldberg's appearances should be. Action packed, right man won, nice moment after. To be honest I was half expecting Goldberg to win given his previous record over people like Owens and the Fiend so I was quite invested for the couple of minutes it lasted.

- Good match from Sasha and Carmella. Reginald seems a fun act.

- Bad Bunny has to be the most on trend, of the moment musical act WWE has had since... ever? Booker T just standing there in the military gear. Great performance loved it.

- Women's rumble, mixed bag. Up until the end it felt like the worst since the first one they did but that one at least had the novelty of it being the first, a live crowd and a load of cameos from legends. Commentary was dreadful. I've got very little interest in seeing the likes of Jillian Hall and Torrie Wilson at this point, they don't fit. Victoria's a good one but without her classic theme song it's not the same. Lots of questionable booking decisions in there. I must be the only person who consistently enjoys Tamina's cameos though. She's hilarious.
    - The ending was great, one of the best final two exchanges in a long time. I thought before the match that Belair/Ripley being the last two and facing off Cena/Batista style would be the way to go and that's exactly what they did. They're so clearly the next two big stars of women's wrestling. Could have seen either winning. I wonder if Ripley gets the other title match, also echoing Cena/Batista? Belair/Banks is going to be huge. Not sure they needed to have Belair give a teary post-match interview but ok.

- LMS was a solid WWE-style LMS imo. Up until the awkwardness of the finish anyway. Owens is nuts. That table spot looked like a Foley bump. Surprised Jey Uso didn't get involved and I see he was advertised for the rumble match but never appeared in the end. Why do they do that?

- Men's rumble. Also a mixed bag but I think it did feel pretty action packed? Cole, Graves and Joe aren't great but they're so much stronger than the other three it's not really fair. I went a bit mad for Christian. Seeing Carlito was fun. Priest and Riddle got notable runs and both looked really strong. Felt like they shared the eliminations around more with a few people getting a bit of shine but I'm not certain. Kane. Hurricane was a surprise entrant literally like two years ago. Rubbish. Maybe they forgot. I'm sure there was someone else back there they could've used. Omos just looks incredible, doesn't he? They're booking him well. It's going to be such a shame when he's really over and goes solo only for everyone to quickly realise he can move about as well than the Great Khali in the ring (I'm not sure about this but I'm going to assume). Everyone knew Orton was coming back and I thought he was going to do it at the end there so when Edge reversed it and won I was relieved because that would've been terrible. Then I realised I'm not that much fonder of Edge winning but it's okay I suppose. They really didn't need to have him do it from number one. I assume they're doing Edge/Reigns rather than Edge/McIntyre which I guess isn't a bad Wrestlemania match. Could be worse.

- Those new fancy cameras they've got are unbelievable.
    Last edited by Ringo; February 1st, 2021 at 5:57 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, Mania then.

Can't see past Edge challenging Reigns and Belair challenging Banks. I just can't see Drew or Edge turning, and a 3 month angle based on respect doesn't sound that interesting. Reigns as the self proclaimed leader of the current generation "protecting" the business from the past. Network launch on Peacock is for Fast Lane so can see them doing Reigns vs. Goldberg there in the build up, to go with Edge and Christian vs. The Uso's.

Reigns vs. Edge
    McIntyre vs. Cena
    Asuka vs. Charlotte (or Becky)
    Banks vs. Belair
    Lesnar vs. Lashley
    Triple H vs. Styles
    Bryan vs. Rollins
    Fiend vs. Orton nonsense
    Goldberg vs. Corbin
    Street Profits vs. Usos
    Strowman vs. Lee vs. Sheamus vs. Riddle
    E vs. Owens vs. Cesaro vs. Nakamura
    Nia/Shayna vs. Lana/Mandy vs. Bayley/Carmella vs. Shotzi/Ember
    HB vs. Retribution vs. New Day vs. Miz/Morrison
    Ziggler/Roode vs. Mysterio's
    24/7 Invitational

Honestly can't construct a 2 night card without the part timers.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the Rumble was canny enough. Think I'm still struggling with wrestling without a crowd. The piped in crowd noise was cringey here and made it worse but first Rumble without any real crowd was a bit weird considering you get a lot of pops at this event. I hate the screens around the ring, it's so off-putting, makes in look like a dystopian gameshow.

Anyway as to the matches. Really enjoyed the mens Royal Rumble, Edge was a decent enough winner I guess, was expecting Orton as it seemed so obvious when he was taken out for him to return at the end so that was nice bar the complete no selling of the RKO.

Dont think anyone was particularly wasted in the match, great debut for Damien Priest who look like he may have the goods, no idea what he's like on the mic though.

I guess long term injuries don't matter in WWE anymore but nice to see Christian back. Are we just meant to forget all the talk of one more concussion and I could die talk though, same as Bryan, same as Edge might end up permenently injured? Oh well.

I've only re-watched for a couple of weeks now but anytime Corbin cones out I can't help but sigh. He just doesn't work.

Also seems WWE are struggling for top level heels after Reigns and Orton.

Roman v Owens was a good match but the no selling at times is really annoying. Owens is nearly dead and then is perfectly fine seconds later, he jumps off a forklift swanton bomb and just gets up, it's a nitpick but it annoys me no end and is everywhere in today's wrestling.

Bad botch for the ending, was pretty funny watching the ref panic and then just stop counting.

Women's Royal Rumble was fine as well, Bianca's promo after was cringey though, she need a mouthpiece or just not pull that one off?

Goldberg v Drew was a waste of time really, knew it would just be a spear/claymore fest for about three minutes. I guess it's there to try and get nostalgia buys but he obviously can't go anymore considering every match is the same (I know he was basically WCW Ultimate Warrior but he did used to have longer matches in the big events).

Bit strange Keith Lee has been prominent on Raw and not even a sniff of him here.
    Last edited by chatty; February 1st, 2021 at 9:35 AM.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    RE Keith lee

Mia Tested positive maybe something to do with that.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Saw this. Average age of the men's Rumble was 38.93 years. Only two entrants in their 20s, Dominik and Otis.

Kane - 53
    Edge - 47
    Christian - 47
    Hurricane Helms - 46
    Rey Mysterio - 46
    Bobby Lashley - 44
    A.J. Styles - 43
    Jeff Hardy - 43
    Sheamus - 43
    Carlito - 41
    John Morrison - 41
    Shinsuke Nakamura - 40
    Randy Orton - 40
    Dolph Ziggler - 40
    The Miz - 40
    Cesaro - 40
    Daniel Bryan - 39
    Damian Priest - 38
    Braun Strowman - 37
    Sami Zayn - 36
    Baron Corbin - 36
    Matt Riddle - 35
    Big E - 34
    Mustafa Ali - 34
    Seth Rollins - 34
    Xavier Woods - 34
    Elias - 33
    Ricochet - 32
    Otis - 29
    Dominik Mysterio - 23
    I was thinking when watching it that it did feel a bit like 2006 WWE with the likes of Edge, Christian, Carlito, Jeff Hardy, Morrison etc. in there. Look at all those over 40s, nuts. In 2003 for example, the oldest wrestler in there was HBK at 37.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you joined the Royal Rumble WhatsApp chat last night, and it completely changed your life, you're welcome.

For those that missed it... well, you suck.

That's all.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I thought the women's match was better due to more high drama. Once Big E and Bryan went, I thought it lost momentum. Edge is a good choice as long as they keep Orton away. I missed RR/KO due to taking a somewhat sad Little Miss Bliss fan to bed.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heaven help because the potential of booking failure, but I'm guessing Rhea's Mania feud is Alexa. That said, if it's booked well, it's going to do a wonderful job of putting Rhea over and establishing her.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping Becky's back for Asuka (even if just part time and just up to 'Mania) and that sets Rhea up for a retribution story with Charlotte. Their match was great last year and that would be a way to kick her into the next level. In fact it would be pretty great if all the Horsewomen have losses in singles matches (maybe Bayley against Io if she loses the NXT title at Takeover) to put over that there's a new generation of top women.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Saw this. Average age of the men's Rumble was 38.93 years. Only two entrants in their 20s, Dominik and Otis.

I was thinking when watching it that it did feel a bit like 2006 WWE with the likes of Edge, Christian, Carlito, Jeff Hardy, Morrison etc. in there. Look at all those over 40s, nuts. In 2003 for example, the oldest wrestler in there was HBK at 37.
    Mad how much older the roster is but not really surprising. I think in sports overall the agerange of players peaking and staying int he sport is getting older, which sort of makes sense if people's life expectancy is growing and living more healthy lifestyles, better nutrition, sports science, medical etc.

That said it's doesn't bode well for the next generation if they only have a few guys in their twenties. When Cena, Lasnar, Orton, Benjamin, Batista etc all came through they were mostly early twenties and the ones who went to the top of the card were there and established by the time they were thirty.

A lot of guys going through NxT etc obviously stay longer in developmental and thus get to the main roster late but I don't think that helps them. I mean Damian Priest looked great but it's hard to see them putting everything behind him when he's 40 in two years time, he's barely going to be able to make a big return on any investment at the top but also because of his age I hope they don't mess around and just give him a push and put him straight in good feuds from the off.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i thought the women's rumble was the complete shits. i like the winner and it has me intrigued, but the match itself was a wreck.

men's rumble was fun. heated up once christian came (good job using daniel bryan's brain cure) and ended up well. crowd would have went wild for that end.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Quote Originally Posted by chatty View Post
    Mad how much older the roster is but not really surprising. I think in sports overall the agerange of players peaking and staying int he sport is getting older, which sort of makes sense if people's life expectancy is growing and living more healthy lifestyles, better nutrition, sports science, medical etc.

That said it's doesn't bode well for the next generation if they only have a few guys in their twenties. When Cena, Lasnar, Orton, Benjamin, Batista etc all came through they were mostly early twenties and the ones who went to the top of the card were there and established by the time they were thirty.

A lot of guys going through NxT etc obviously stay longer in developmental and thus get to the main roster late but I don't think that helps them. I mean Damian Priest looked great but it's hard to see them putting everything behind him when he's 40 in two years time, he's barely going to be able to make a big return on any investment at the top but also because of his age I hope they don't mess around and just give him a push and put him straight in good feuds from the off.
    Yeah this is all true, particularly in wrestling. 50 is the new 40 I guess. Lots of wrestlers, not just in WWE, have began to continue wrestling at something close to their peak well into their forties. When you think back to how broken down wrestlers in their late 30s/early 40s used to be and compare that to the likes of Rey, Jericho, Shelton Benjamin, certain Japanese wrestlers. Different ballgame.

Christian looked great by the way. Hasn't aged.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    McIntyre for Mania:

Tired - Lesnar
    Wired - Sheamus
    Inspired - Cena

I actually think if Cena is around to build it, that could help boost Raw a bit and provide a quality match. If McIntyre could beat Lesnar, Goldberg, Cena in a wrestling calendar year...that's very impressive. It's not in the literal sense of beating those guys in 2020-21 but it is in WWE lore.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edge winning was a good moment but overall I thought the Women's Rumble was the better of the two.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The commentary for the Rumble match came across as awful, no enthusiasm or effort. They no sold the surprise entrants.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyways CHRISTIAN IS BACK.

Hopefully it’s part time if not full time.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    The commentary for the Rumble match came across as awful, no enthusiasm or effort. They no sold the surprise entrants.
    Anyways CHRISTIAN IS BACK.
    You mean, you didn't like Graves randomly chiming in like after 3 seconds of silence with "HELL YEAH"? lol
    It was so forced and uncharacteristic for him.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    The call on Seth being back was absolutely bizarre to me. No excitement whatsoever.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    You mean, you didn't like Graves randomly chiming in like after 3 seconds of silence with "HELL YEAH"? lol
    It was so forced and uncharacteristic for him.
    Actually no he’s the heel commentator so more on Cole and Joe.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    The call on Seth being back was absolutely bizarre to me. No excitement whatsoever.
    This was the worst no sell return out of them all, it was bad.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the Women's Rumble was pretty rough, but Bianca's win made up for it. Love that she showed genuine emotion during her interview.

Men's Rumble was pretty good, but not too keen on Edge winning. I'm fine with him getting a title shot at 'Mania, but this company can't keep relying on the old guard.

Christian's return was the highlight of the show. It pisses me off that he was kept on the shelf for so long when apparently he was fine to go at any time. His contract must be coming up soon and they're trying to get him to resign.

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    BONE STOVEPIPE
    BEARD STABSTICK
    BOAR SQUASHMAN
    Must spread rep.

Heaven help because the potential of booking failure, but I'm guessing Rhea's Mania feud is Alexa. That said, if it's booked well, it's going to do a wonderful job of putting Rhea over and establishing her.
    Rhea selling for Alexa is a scary thought.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd argue Alexa would go over in the feud. Rhea beats her the first time and then Alexa wins rematch with the transformation taking place.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved both Rumbles. Bianca winning was great. I expected Fiend to take out Orton once he came back so it was cool to see Edge win on his own. Christian returning was a nice surprise.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    I'd argue Alexa would go over in the feud. Rhea beats her the first time and then Alexa wins rematch with the transformation taking place.
    I can see that, but they better not do that.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3rd of the way into the Women's Royal Rumble and I tell my son, this is probably the worst Royal Rumble ppv I've ever watched. I think once Natalya came out the match took a turn for the better but the rest of the show couldn't make up for the first couple hours. I knew the show was fucked when they put the Women's tag titles on the pre-show.

Drew/Goldberg. Terrible. Carmella/Sasha, weak. Women's Rumble was not good until the end and thank god for Bianca Belair winning. I was pulling for Naomi but Bianca is a great choice. Usually we don't see a new, midcardish talent win the Rumble-actually it never happens other than Big John Studd.

Roman/KO=very good as usual. They've never had a bad match.

Edge winning was actually pretty great. IDK if it was due to the show overall suckin ass but Christian showing up was a mark out moment for me, and then the Edge win=great. I'm not even a fan of Edge, but I appreciate what he brings to the table and I'm reallllly curious what direction they're going with him. That's the best part of him winning, nothing really makes sense at Mania on paper. Drew v. Edge? Why? Edge v. Roman? More of a traditional babyface v. heel but Edge isn't your typical returning babyface. He's kind of in that Batista spot back in 2014 just without the Yes Movement to derail those plans.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was hoping Bianca would win, stoked for her.

I just wish she didn't have to make the niagra falls interview afterwards. These are larger than life superstars that shouldn't collapse into tears because they can't believe the opportunity they have. They should harden the fuck up and say that's right I did it, am I surprised? NO. Whoever's champion come Mania, you're not following proto dude cuz you're done!

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand the complaints for Bianca's post-match promo. She was emotional. Let people feel that. It was an awesome moment for her.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    The bitching about the women's match is why we can't have nice things.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    I don't understand the complaints for Bianca's post-match promo. She was emotional. Let people feel that. It was an awesome moment for her.
    Yeah, truly don't get it either. Let her have it.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who's complaining about Bianca's promo? Prevalent or just randoms?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it came across as really bad acting tbh, was a bit cringey, like trying too hard to act with the fake crying. Maybes she was just being genuine and that's how she cries but in our group chat everyone was like she needs a mouthpiece.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone bitching or calling Belair's post-fight victory speech wasn't authentic or whatever, you've obviously never heard an emotional victory speech in your life.

You've never seen an actor choke up accepting an award? You've never heard an athlete get caught up in the emotional rollercoaster ride of winning the Super Bowl or a championship in general, or a big game?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not like that, looked more like a three year old taking the piss.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it came across as really bad acting tbh, was a bit cringey, like trying too hard to act with the fake crying. Maybes she was just being genuine and that's how she cries but in our group chat everyone was like she needs a mouthpiece.
    Dude, Bianca can talk. Which is why it seemed even more legit that she was sobbing over her words.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude, Bianca can talk. Which is why it seemed even more legit that she was sobbing over her words.

I haven't really seen her tbh but that just looked cringeworthy. Maybes would see it different if I'd seen her speak before but all of us just laughed at that bit cause it looked so bad.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't really seen her tbh but that just looked cringeworthy. Maybes would see it different if I'd seen her speak before but all of us just laughed at that bit cause it looked so bad.
    Your point is fine but the clarifier with the corresponding replies should help explain it for you. She's more than fine. If you want further info, go watch her Chronicle on the Network and why this means so much.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your point is fine but the clarifier with the corresponding replies should help explain it for you. She's more than fine. If you want further info, go watch her Chronicle on the Network and why this means so much.

Well it's good she can talk. Doesn't really matter anyway, she did well in the match so no-one was down on her, just thought the little bit segment after looked a bit shit. It is what it is and then you move on afterwards.its not that big a deal I would let it bother me watching her next time out.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She seemed like she had just worked hard in a long match. Struck me as less polished, more real. But to each, their own

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was this like a One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest group?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Was this like a One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest group?
    No mate otherwise you would have been in it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No mate otherwise you would have been in it.
    I got dibs on Chief.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judging by skimming around social media, Kacy Katanzaro looks like she was ready to go for the Rumble last night but she obviously wasn't used.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was nervous Orton was going to come back at the end and win, and then he hit the RKO and I started to roll my eyes just as Edge reversed and eliminated him. So while it's a little unbelievable that a 50 year old would come back after a injury that kept him out for almost a year and come in at number 1 and last the entire match... atleast Orton didn't win.

The main page convinced me Trish Stratus was going to be in the Rumble and she wasn't so that was disappointing but it was cool to see Victoria again. Torrie Wilson looked good which is surprising since she was a shit wrestler in her prime and that was like 17 years ago.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judging by skimming around social media, Kacy Katanzaro looks like she was ready to go for the Rumble last night but she obviously wasn't used.
    Was she advertised?

Either way she could be a huge star.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and I'm totally old, I was totally convinced Bad Bunny was a female.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I was nervous Orton was going to come back at the end and win, and then he hit the RKO and I started to roll my eyes just as Edge reversed and eliminated him. So while it's a little unbelievable that a 50 year old would come back after a injury that kept him out for almost a year and come in at number 1 and last the entire match... atleast Orton didn't win.

The main page convinced me Trish Stratus was going to be in the Rumble and she wasn't so that was disappointing but it was cool to see Victoria again. Torrie Wilson looked good which is surprising since she was a shit wrestler in her prime and that was like 17 years ago.
    I don't get why it's unbelievable that Edge won. Not after everything we've been through together as fans just over the last 30 years.

Torrie Wilson looked incredible both visually and in the ring. I think a lot of that has to do with the fact she's been living that clean life forever and never really had much of an arsenal so it was easier. Victoria, man I was so fucking pumped and while she was definitely struggling, she's one of my absolute favorites. Nobody was better than Victoria except maybe Jazz for many years.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it's good she can talk. Doesn't really matter anyway, she did well in the match so no-one was down on her, just thought the little bit segment after looked a bit shit. It is what it is and then you move on afterwards.its not that big a deal I would let it bother me watching her next time out.
    Don’t see what was so shit about it. She was emotional and gave thanks, it was nice of them to let her be herself and have her moment.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that Jazz and Victoria were pretty close, but I always felt Ivory was a bit better than both of them. I was glad to see Victoria's return. I am glad Torrie finally got over being dumped by Rosemary Clooney's kid.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was she advertised?

Either way she could be a huge star.
    Nope.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    That was Stacy Keibler. Torrie Wilson was with Alex Rodriguez (and Billy Kidman).

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would’ve been cool to see the three faces of Bliss in the Rumble.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being overwhelmed by the moment and showing genuine emotion is nothing to shame someone about. These aren't robots programmed to entertain us. They're human beings for fuck sake.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figure tonight pretty much laid the path for Bryan.
    To have a Team Hell No re-union ruined mid-Rumble? Technically true.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, truly don't get it either. Let her have it.
    Anyone bitching or calling Belair's post-fight victory speech wasn't authentic or whatever, you've obviously never heard an emotional victory speech in your life.

You've never seen an actor choke up accepting an award? You've never heard an athlete get caught up in the emotional rollercoaster ride of winning the Super Bowl or a championship in general, or a big game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Being overwhelmed by the moment and showing genuine emotion is nothing to shame someone about. These aren't robots programmed to entertain us. They're human beings for fuck sake.
    All this. They may be larger than life superstars but they're also human beings and wrestling is all about the connections and genuine moments. Pair the win/promo with her Chronicle from the week before and you've got someone people (like myself) can 100% relate/connect to and get behind. She is a fighter and a badass and a queen.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was that only the second time 1 and 2 finished 1 and 2? I know BB and HBK was one time it happened trying to think of any others.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    We're Steve and Vince one and two at 99

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes but Vince as number two won so I believe this is the just the second time one and two finished winner and runner up in that order.
    Last edited by Badger; February 2nd, 2021 at 5:04 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW:
    Michael Hayes produced the LMS match
    Chris Park produced the WWE title match
    TJ Wilson produced the SD women's title match
    Shane McMahon, Jason Jordan, Jamie Noble and others produced the men's Rumble
    Adam Pearce, TJ Wilson, Pat Buck and others produced the women's Rumble.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW:
    Michael Hayes produced the LMS match
    Chris Park produced the WWE title match
    TJ Wilson produced the SD women's title match
    Shane McMahon, Jason Jordan, Jamie Noble and others produced the men's Rumble
    Adam Pearce, TJ Wilson, Pat Buck and others produced the women's Rumble.
    They should actually have this at the end of every ppv.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be very interesting information to get on the regular to keep up with who's seemingly got the better creative output.

BEST IN THE WORLD
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just caught the ppv honestly hated the Men’s Rumble especially the Mexican beer advert or whatever when Rey was in there, wtf was that!!

Watching people like Ali and especially Ricochet just get thrown out for the sake of Kane, Christian, Edge, Hurricane etc I know Wwe will never change but it’s so annoying when the young talent gets nothing - and yeah I know Priest shined but that was the only highlight for me.

the ending of the women’s rumble was class whereas men’s terribly predictable and wtf happened to Nakamuras push only to get out by Corbin �� no point in the Rollins comeback too unless he was winning imo.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So is there some sort of magic pill that guys like Edge, Christian, and Daniel Bryan take that they are able to wrestle again? If so, why didn't anyone give Paige a pill?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The "independent doctor will clear me to wrestle elsewhere once my contracts up" pill?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    So is there some sort of magic pill that guys like Edge, Christian, and Daniel Bryan take that they are able to wrestle again? If so, why didn't anyone give Paige a pill?
    It took 7 years for Edge and Christian. Daniel Bryan's injury is different than Paige. How bad is her neck? Did she get cleared by other doctors? Maybe she will get cleared in a couple years like the others.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I gotta believe Paige has been taking her vitamins and maybe even some of Carlito's apples. I would love for her to return.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    The "independent doctor will clear me to wrestle elsewhere once my contracts up" pill?
    haha, pretty much. I will say this...To this day, I believe that Daniel Bryan was purposely held back by the "doctors" so the Roman experiment could get some traction. NOBODY was cheering Roman when they fought at Fastlane and next thing you know Ryback is winning the IC title in the Chamber.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nope, no way. They do some dumb stuff but.

What about Edge? Because from what I gather their injuries were quite similar.

After looking I think he was more similar to Christian.
    Last edited by kdestiny; February 3rd, 2021 at 1:51 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I know, it's just part of me trying to justify why the WWE never fully understood the gold mine that was the Yes Movement.

Edge coming back is crazy but then you look at the fact that he barely made it two matches before his body broke down. He was barely able to stay injury free back in his prime. Edge, Mr Kennedy, and Rey Mysterio were the guys you could count on getting hurt in some fashion. I mean in his last match he tore his bicep, his ACL, his scrotum, it was vicious. I don't think Edge could come back even part time so it's good they're getting what they can out of him while his body is still mobile.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone sans the winners come out of this looking any better than when they came in? Rhea Ripley had a good performance, it was pretty clear that match was meant to make her and Bianca look like serious players. The men's, Damien looked good but that was really it.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Omos

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Really wish Matt Hardy hadn't gone to AEW. Would have been cool to see a showdown with the Hardy Boys and Edge & Christian in this Rumble. Maybe next year?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone sans the winners come out of this looking any better than when they came in? Rhea Ripley had a good performance, it was pretty clear that match was meant to make her and Bianca look like serious players. The men's, Damien looked good but that was really it.
    Carlito Carribean Cool.

How you like them apples?

Also, Christian.

Randy Orton came out looking better, because he no longer had facial burns.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post

Randy Orton came out looking better, because he no longer had facial burns.
    Solid point.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Lashely possibly. He at least held serve. There really weren't many "dominant" performances on either side.

That's probably the right call. The "Domination" bar has been set so high now with Brock, Braun, etc. We needed to level set and get back to a point where 4 or 5 eliminations is impressive.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    I think Lashely possibly. He at least held serve. There really weren't many "dominant" performances on either side.

That's probably the right call. The "Domination" bar has been set so high now with Brock, Braun, etc. We needed to level set and get back to a point where 4 or 5 eliminations is impressive.
    I agree. I was hoping that we would have seen more out of Big E. Looking back it was definitely the story of Edge. I didn't see that until I re-watched it last night and it everything just kept coming back to Edge. I still didn't expect him to win. The final 4, I was like, yep, Rollins. Totally forgot about Orton lol. Orton winning a 3rd Rumble honestly wouldn't have sucked because he's had such a good run lately-as long as it meant he was challenging another 3rd generation superstar Roman Reigns and not ANOTHER Drew match lol.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's funny you forgot about Orton when I'm sitting there thinking "He's gonna come back at the end and win it," the whole goddamn time. "None of this matters because Orton's doing the old injury fake out bit". On the plus side, it made me pop that much harder when Edge dumped him at the end 'cuz after that RKO, I was sure it was happening.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    It's funny you forgot about Orton when I'm sitting there thinking "He's gonna come back at the end and win it," the whole goddamn time. "None of this matters because Orton's doing the old injury fake out bit". On the plus side, it made me pop that much harder when Edge dumped him at the end 'cuz after that RKO, I was sure it was happening.
    So much time had passed he was out of sight out of mind. I thought at first, ok they're doing this to protect him OR he's going to come back, fuck Edge, but then The Fiend would beat Orton down. Something other than what we saw which was nice.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought most got looked after well. Priest was a good debut, Riddle and Bryan got a lot of time, even Carlitonwas in for longer than I expected.

I don't think there was any career changing performances but no one looked poor either.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For that one jabroni questioning Bianca's emotional legitimacy...

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    For that one jabroni questioning Bianca's emotional legitimacy...
    “OMG mth there was no need for that shit segment!”

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clearly the screaming and doubling over with her head in her hands was fake. I've seen better acting in 5th grade plays.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Omos, Lashley, Edge, Christian, Priest, Riddle, and Carlito would be on my list for the men. E wasn't very good for his perceived standing.

Rhea, Bianca for the women. If you go the comedic route, Billie was good.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meltzer's Ratings:

Asuka/Charlotte vs. Nia/Shayna: 3.0
    McIntyre vs. Goldberg: 2.0
    Sasha vs. Carmella: 2.75
    Women's Royal Rumble: 3.75
    Reigns vs. Owens: 4.0
    Men's Royal Rumble: 4.25

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyd46 View Post
    I guess the question remains is do they have Goldberg win the title at RR similar to how he won it during WM season last year then lose it at WM again back to Drew I guess?
    Well with the decisive win it is time for Goldberg to move on to Roman Reigns.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edge had another neck surgery just so he could wrestle again. That was the only way he could get cleared.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Has to be Bryan for me. It’s Covid and the people are crying out for joy plus he’s never won it.
    He has already main evented WrestleMania, though.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WWXChairman View Post
    He has already main evented WrestleMania, though.
    You and your love for looking at old comments.

I was talking about him never winning the Rumble at that time.

Even then, what would be wrong with him main-evening Mania a second time when it worked so well before?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many times has Roman main evented 'Mania? No reason why Bryan can't do it again.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    You and your love for looking at old comments.

I was talking about him never winning the Rumble at that time.

Even then, what would be wrong with him main-evening Mania a second time when it worked so well before?
    I did not think this one was particularly that old.
    My point being, if we were talking about guys who could use the Rumble to launch themselves I would not necessarily go with somebody who has already been to the top.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    My point being, if we were talking about guys who could use the Rumble to launch themselves I would not necessarily go with somebody who has already been to the top.
    Like Edge?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They chose Edge for reasons outside of the usual stuff they consider. They used it on Nakamura a few years ago.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not as it's been shown to work? He's obviously and clearly very over plus very willing to put others over too. With him at the top again, others can get also get more over by association.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really not sure how you got me to start arguing for a viewpoint that I don't even have, but here we are.
    I'm saying that you shouldn't use the Rumble with one goal in mind. The Rumble can do far more than just putting over people by association, anything can do that you can have someone win a random RAW match and get that result.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really not sure how you got me to start arguing for a viewpoint that I don't even have, but here we are.
    I'm saying that you shouldn't use the Rumble with one goal in mind. The Rumble can do far more than just putting over people by association, anything can do that you can have someone win a random RAW match and get that result.
    I meant if he completed the full road to Wrestlemania that he could elevate people even more as the champion, not just the Rumble itself.

What's wrong with him winning the Rumble in the future though so he can get that off his bucket list as it's something he's never done? The Rumble winner doesn't always have to be someone "new" every year.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the point I'm making.
    Having him win it just because he's never won it isn't enough for me to root for it.
    Other people did not get to have that.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's your opinion and your entitled to it of course but I'd personally root for it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegunn View Post
    Bryan's contract set to expire after summer slam but I would not mind him challenging Drew.
    He just won't be full time. WWE has plenty of part time people.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's be honest, more often than not the winner of the Rumble has already been to the top. I was about to make a list of the former winners who had at the very least main evented a ppv prior to winning and it was easier to just say that lol. Very very rarely is the Rumble used as a way to do anything but solidify the person as a top tier WWE player. That's why you didn't see Matt Riddle win it.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's one of the reasons I liked Drew and now Bianca winning so much. Funny to see someone you're excited about get locked in for a push. We've seen so many promising ones get dropped that the certainty of the Royal Rumble win push make it special.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's one of the reasons I liked Drew and now Bianca winning so much. Funny to see someone you're excited about get locked in for a push. We've seen so many promising ones get dropped that the certainty of the Royal Rumble win push make it special.
    It solidifies their push. We knew Drew was pretty much on his way with how he was being booked and positioned against certain talents. We knew he could survive the return of Roman Reigns. When he won the place erupted, fans were very happy. Same with Bianca. I was thinking it was going to be her, deep down I wanted Naomi but that wasn't in the cards this year.