Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Royal Rumble 2021

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Royal Rumble 2021

Someone needs to seriously bring this artwork back.

So who do we have winning this year? There are a couple rumors, some that we all probably figured by process of elimination and/or interviews from other wrestlers.

Let's look at Smackdown first. You have Roman Reigns as the current champion and more than likely the champion going in. Roman losing the belt now would be more shocking than when Orton beat Drew. The problem here is the heavy rumor we're going to see the match we didn't see last year, Goldberg v. Roman Reigns for the Universal championship. Would Goldberg seriously need to win the Rumble? We've seen worse booking decisions when it comes to him so why not!?!?!

Other than Goldberg, the only 2 people who scream at me are Daniel Bryan and Big E. Imagine the sitting IC champion winning the Rumble and going on to headline. Doesn't have to be champion but it'd be sweet. DB wanting to wind down, this could be the win he should've had at 30 and maybe even 31. These 2 are the perfect babyfaces to battle Roman at Mania.

Then you have Raw. Pretty hard to predict here. Could be Sheamus, and while I'm not a HUGE fan of Sheamus, I'm loving this storyline but I feel we're going to get it before Mania or maybe even after. AJ Styles winning seems like a stretch. The Fiend is a strong choice and would be a big win for Drew. Shit they could even give The Fiend the win here and another title reign. Matt Riddle would be my sleeper choice but they don't really do those type of winners, guys who are still kind of middle of the card.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on how tonight's defense against Keith Lee ends up, or with Miz holding the MITB that expires before mania, Drew could be winning two years in a row. While it would be tough to top last year's story, Drew has delivered in every way this year.

Lee could be a good choice, and not winning may hurt him.

Daniel Bryan winning would intrigue me, especially at the thought of him vs. Reigns, but I am not buying it yet. I think they may go back to Randy Orton.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babyface Rollins against Reigns probably. If it's somebody on Raw, most likely Edge if he's healthy, with Orton winning the Chamber thanks to a Sheamus turn. Alternative - Miz cashes in after Sheamus turn at the Rumble, Drew comes back to win the Rumble, Sheamus wins the title in the Chamber and drops it back to Drew at 'Mania. Convulted but shite, but I can't see Drew as defending champion against the Rumble winner.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going with Pat McAfee. At least out of NXT.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Babyface Rollins against Reigns probably. If it's somebody on Raw, most likely Edge if he's healthy, with Orton winning the Chamber thanks to a Sheamus turn. Alternative - Miz cashes in after Sheamus turn at the Rumble, Drew comes back to win the Rumble, Sheamus wins the title in the Chamber and drops it back to Drew at 'Mania. Convulted but shite, but I can't see Drew as defending champion against the Rumble winner.
    What I am conflicted with Drew is the fact that I want him as a dominant champion but in WWE it feels like they're more about a heel champion being chased by the top babyface. Look at Austin. He never had a long run as champion until he turned heel. 2001. Longest reign of his entire run, a heel the entire time which is hilarious because most of us fucking HATED that heel turn.

I could see Drew as the face of the company. WWE is a GLOBAL entity. If the UFC can have people like GSP and Conor McGregor as the face of their company then Drew can be that guy, right? Does he win it 2 years in a row then get a real solid run with more people in the audience? I wouldn't be negative to that. He's done a great job as a top babyface imo.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Men's - Big E, Keith Lee, Edge, Daniel Bryan

I would see Goldberg/Reigns and Orton/Fiend being set up in other ways.

Women's - Rhea Ripley, Bianca Belair

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last year I didn’t watch much WWE leading up to the Rumble and I enjoyed it immensely. Lots of fun to just watch. This year I haven’t watched WWE since last year’s Rumble, save for a bit here and there, so I’m hoping to enjoy it just as much as last year. I don’t know if I’ll be able to do so without the fans there but willing to give it a try.

That said, I don’t really want to see Goldberg win a Rumble in 2021. I don’t want to see Goldberg in a ring in 2021, never mind actually wrestling. Granted my opinion as a lapsed fan doesn’t mean much but I have less than zero interest in Goldberg vs Reigns at Mania.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have had zero interest in Goldberg against babyface Reigns but Tribal Chief and King of the Bastard Assholes Roman is a whole different situation and I would be A-OK to see him completely disrespect, talk shit to, and beat the crap out of big Bill 'Berg. But I don't think there's any reason Goldberg needs to win the Rumble for it to happen. The match was already lined up for Mania so it's easy just to pick it back up. You just have Roman come out post killing Owens and talk a big game and say, "Who's next?" and then Goldberg comes out and flips the script from their Mania set up.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    He’s really been getting built up, and I think if he does win he would be a great person to bring back the choosing ceremony.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm definitely leaning toward a Raw winner this year. That would be 3 Raw wins in a row but that's ok.

With the women there are several routes they could go. I like mth's choice of Rhea Ripley. She's ready. She was ready to beat Charlotte. Charlotte beating Rhea at Mania, IMHO, was like when Cena beat Bray Wyatt at Mania 30. Horrible booking decision that did zero for everyone involved.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Lee

Belair

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I'm definitely leaning toward a Raw winner this year. That would be 3 Raw wins in a row but that's ok.

With the women there are several routes they could go. I like mth's choice of Rhea Ripley. She's ready. She was ready to beat Charlotte. Charlotte beating Rhea at Mania, IMHO, was like when Cena beat Bray Wyatt at Mania 30. Horrible booking decision that did zero for everyone involved.
    Rhea losing last year works if they're going with the redemption angle as they worked it into her NXT story where she's trying to recover and climb back up, if she wins the Rumble, Charlotte beats Asuka for the RAW Women's Title, then you circle back around iwth Rhea/Charlotte II at Mania this year where Rhea gets it done, wins the belt, and is cemented as a big fucking deal who's redeemed herself.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figure tonight pretty much laid the path for Bryan.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on how tonight's defense against Keith Lee ends up, or with Miz holding the MITB that expires before mania, Drew could be winning two years in a row. While it would be tough to top last year's story, Drew has delivered in every way this year.

Daniel Bryan winning would intrigue me, especially at the thought of him vs. Reigns, but I am not buying it yet. I think they may go back to Randy Orton.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Last year I didn’t watch much WWE leading up to the Rumble and I enjoyed it immensely. Lots of fun to just watch. This year I haven’t watched WWE since last year’s Rumble, save for a bit here and there, so I’m hoping to enjoy it just as much as last year. I don’t know if I’ll be able to do so without the fans there but willing to give it a try.

That said, I don’t really want to see Goldberg win a Rumble in 2021. I don’t want to see Goldberg in a ring in 2021, never mind actually wrestling. Granted my opinion as a lapsed fan doesn’t mean much but I have less than zero interest in Goldberg vs Reigns at Mania.

Well looks like Goldberg will be in the ring soon after tonight. I guess the question remains is do they have Goldberg win the title at RR similar to how he won it during WM season last year then lose it at WM again back to Drew I guess? Who could possibly be a back to back rumble winner as one of these posts suggest.

Though they could have that match regardless if Drew wins the RR or not, but if they go with this story line or "not respecting legends" as Goldberg was going at tonight I guess making him go through the path of winning another RR and the title in back to back years helps build his legacy.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Rhea losing last year works if they're going with the redemption angle as they worked it into her NXT story where she's trying to recover and climb back up, if she wins the Rumble, Charlotte beats Asuka for the RAW Women's Title, then you circle back around iwth Rhea/Charlotte II at Mania this year where Rhea gets it done, wins the belt, and is cemented as a big fucking deal who's redeemed herself.
    She hasn't had the greatest year imo so it would definitely need to be a "redemption" approach because she's taken quite a few L's in NXT. If this was the plan all along and that's why she lost last year then that's a huge fucking gamble. If she wins the Rumble and goes on to beat Charlotte for the belt (yay Charlotte beats Asuka AGAIN for the title lol) and has a stellar 2021-beyond, then the loss works.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babyface Rollins against Reigns probably.
    Maybe Styles against Reigns. This will mark his 6th Royal Rumble, one could say he is overdue.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has to be Bryan for me. It’s Covid and the people are crying out for joy plus he’s never won it.

Rollins turning again after being a bastard most of last year and winning the Rumble would seem a bit rushed.
    Last edited by Badger; January 6th, 2021 at 4:16 PM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by WWXChairman View Post
    I'm going with Pat McAfee. At least out of NXT.
    God that would be fantastic.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be a cut above.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rollins is mediocre as a babyface and there's no way him turning works against Roman. Even without a crowd. What would be the point of them feuding? Seth is going to take exception to what exactly? He's been a bigger piece of shit than Roman by a country mile.

Daniel Bryan winning would be great. It'll be interesting to see how they do the Rumble. Probably not going to get 10 people throwing hands at once.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bryan's contract set to expire after summer slam but I would not mind him challenging Drew.
    Thinking Roman might cost Goldberg the match which leads to his Mania match.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegunn View Post
    Bryan's contract set to expire after summer slam but I would not mind him challenging Drew.
    Thinking Roman might cost Goldberg the match which leads to his Mania match.
    I think he's going to re-sign as he stated he wanted to and would work a lighter schedule. They need to get these ratings up and they might as well get as much out of DB as you can.

I hope to fuck Goldberg doesn't challenge Roman but I bet it happens......fuck.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adam Pearce? My interest is way up now!

There’ll be some boring swerve on TV probably, kinda hope they stick to it!
    Last edited by Badger; January 9th, 2021 at 3:10 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Men's - Big E, Keith Lee, Edge

It's interesting that none of them have declared so far. I mean you have to figure Lee is just a mortal lock to be a participant. They're not going to declare all 30 participants, but I feel like this is the first time we've seen even 5 people declare if it wasn't in a qualifying match and they might as well declare people who are not going to be any surprise whatsoever.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    It seems like they've announced most of the field for a good few years now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah they've staggered the announcements to add individual shine to the favourites for a while now. With 5 hours of TV I don't know why they don't run qualifying matches throughout January but there you go.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a dream last night that the Women's Rumble came down to Asuka and Io Shirai and they did the Taker/HBK thing where they went for about 20 minutes as the last two in a super intense battle. Unfortunately, the feed I was watching was lagging and freezing and I missed the finish where Io eliminated Asuka....except i was also live in the front row at the same time somehow. Asuka was crying so I was going to give her a hug...but then she got pulled underground by dragons and turned into a zombie.
    So yeah, if my psychics powers are correct and I have no reason to doubt them, that's going to be your Women's Rumble finish.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this event more than any other is going to suffer due to the lack of crowd.

I assume they will pipe in the countdowns and stuff but I dunno, I think this Rumble will feel a bit weird. Wouldn't surprise me if it is a very story driven Rumble with only a few guys in the ring at any one time due to obvious reasons.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect someone like Keith Lee will get a monster push with a huge number of eliminations, one at a time, all in a row, before a couple guys take him out. Methodically eliminating all entrants will be a sure-fire way to keep the number of people in the ring all at once to a minimum.

On the women's side, something similar could happen, but I have a sense that Charlotte will enter at #1 and win, by eliminating 29 others all by herself.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    I think this event more than any other is going to suffer due to the lack of crowd.

I assume they will pipe in the countdowns and stuff but I dunno, I think this Rumble will feel a bit weird. Wouldn't surprise me if it is a very story driven Rumble with only a few guys in the ring at any one time due to obvious reasons.
    Agree with this. It's one thing to pipe in crowd noise for obvious things in straightforward matches. Another entirely for a unique match like this. Last year's Rumble was brilliantly booked but the crowd also played a big part in the match's success. That said this will still be the first WWE PPV I've watched since Money In The Bank.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect someone like Keith Lee will get a monster push with a huge number of eliminations, one at a time, all in a row, before a couple guys take him out. Methodically eliminating all entrants will be a sure-fire way to keep the number of people in the ring all at once to a minimum.

On the women's side, something similar could happen, but I have a sense that Charlotte will enter at #1 and win, by eliminating 29 others all by herself.
    I'm thinking Orton RKOing and dumping about half a dozen people in a row to be alone in the ring..then The Fiend is the next entrant and they brawl, eliminate themselves/eachother, and fight off to the back.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm thinking Orton RKOing and dumping about half a dozen people in a row to be alone in the ring..then The Fiend is the next entrant and they brawl, eliminate themselves/eachother, and fight off to the back.
    Then, after they eliminate each other, number 30 saunters out to the empty ring and is declared winner.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    Then, after they eliminate each other, number 30 saunters out to the empty ring and is declared winner.
    Kind of surprised that in thirty-odd Rumbles they've never went with a finish like that for some heel. Imagine some dickhead like Miz winning it that way and gloating all the way to Mania about how he earned his shot without even lifting a finger. Heat city.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More likely, in another 10 years or so, they'll allow R-Truth to come out well after number 30 has come and gone, and the winner has already been declared, and is walking up the ramp after his victory. R-Truth announces he's entering at #31, only to be told the Rumble has 30 spots, it's over. "My Bad"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    It seems like they've announced most of the field for a good few years now.
    Oh yeah, only Edge, Matt Riddle, and MVP didn't declare last year. Wow, I'm glad I don't pay attention to this every year because I'd rather have absolutely no idea who could be coming next.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That scenario wouldn't be horrible. In my head I only see it working with a rowdy as fuck crowd that will either love it or shit all over it properly. You don't want Go-Away heat. Corbin winning the Rumble that way will kill the WWE's business worldwide.

AJ Styles winning in that way because Diesel 2020 fucked up the other 2 people in the ring and dumping them over the rope would be genius. MTH's idea would be cool but the guy winning doesn't even have to be a heel. It would be weird for a babyface to win that way but shit they could do it with some guy like Ricochet and make a lot of people happy. I'm not one of them but you know who you all are lol.

Shit if Retribution had a little more stream behind them, imagine them beating the fuck out of people and out comes Ricochet, boom, off to Mania....maybe. You never know what might happen at Fastlane lol.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Kind of surprised that in thirty-odd Rumbles they've never went with a finish like that for some heel. Imagine some dickhead like Miz winning it that way and gloating all the way to Mania about how he earned his shot without even lifting a finger. Heat city.
    Ha, funny you say that because I had the same thought the other day when Toru Yano won the New Japan Rambo at WrestleKingdom in exactly that fashion. I'm pretty sure it's the only time I've ever seen that done.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a good idea, but like you say it only works with a dickhead heel character, but also someone we'd want to see get his ass handed to him at Mania. This would have worked for someone like the Million Dollar Man back in the day. Nowadays, the Miz has been treated like a joke for too long for this to make sense. But it could work for someone like Sammy Zayn.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That scenario wouldn't be horrible. In my head I only see it working with a rowdy as fuck crowd that will either love it or shit all over it properly. You don't want Go-Away heat. Corbin winning the Rumble that way will kill the WWE's business worldwide.

AJ Styles winning in that way because Diesel 2020 fucked up the other 2 people in the ring and dumping them over the rope would be genius. MTH's idea would be cool but the guy winning doesn't even have to be a heel. It would be weird for a babyface to win that way but shit they could do it with some guy like Ricochet and make a lot of people happy. I'm not one of them but you know who you all are lol.

Shit if Retribution had a little more stream behind them, imagine them beating the fuck out of people and out comes Ricochet, boom, off to Mania....maybe. You never know what might happen at Fastlane lol.
    The only way i can really see it working for a face is if you're doing a huge underdog story where winning without any effort plays into the champ doubting and underestimating them going into Mania. "Yeah, you won the Rumble but you didn't prove a damn thing" kind of approach. Even then i could see it backfiring and getting them heat.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way i can really see it working for a face is if you're doing a huge underdog story where winning without any effort plays into the champ doubting and underestimating them going into Mania. "Yeah, you won the Rumble but you didn't prove a damn thing" kind of approach. Even then i could see it backfiring and getting them heat.
    They would have to give them a big win right after it on Raw/Smackdown then at the Feb ppv. I wouldn't do it for someone like Tucker for example lol. But if you put someone like Kevin Owens....Shit they could parlay that into a heel turn for someone.

It feels like something in the vein of the time Vince won.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they were ever going to do that this would be the year to do it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's not a cinematic Rumble, I'll be severely disappointed.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While still holding onto the briefcase too so he has two title shots and uses them both at Mania. If he loses the official match, Drew celebrates with Sheamus who comes out to congratulate him only for Sheamus to turn on him allowing Miz to cash in. He then cuts a promo on Raw where he says he did all these things for Drew including locating his family heirlooms and spins it into Drew being a selfish prick not rewarding him in return.

If only there was a live crowd for it because the heat would probably be insane.
    Last edited by Badger; January 15th, 2021 at 6:56 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I'm not a huge fan of the result of Royal Rumble 2017, I thought the ppv as a whole was a very very good card.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    That said, I don’t really want to see Goldberg win a Rumble in 2021.
    I want to. A "You're Next" scene just writes itself.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Two dark horses to make serious noise in, if not win, the Rumble: Seth Rollins and Braun Strowman.

Both dudes have been off TV for a while now, are most likely being saved for Rumble returns; their face pops, if there was a live crowd, would be pretty impressive.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but Tribal Chief and King of the Bastard Assholes Roman is a whole different situation and I would be A-OK to see him completely disrespect, talk shit to, and beat the crap out of big Bill 'Berg.
    I am very interested in Goldberg vs. Shelton Benjamin.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xia Li should win the Women's Royal Rumble. We need something completely out of the blue and we've never really had that SHOCKING Rumble winner. Everyone who's won it, you weren't that shocked because they were almost always a main eventer or top tier guy. An argument could be made about Studd but he's 7ft 400+lbs.

Xia Li winning would be huge but I don't think she's completely ready.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Favorite show of the year. I'd like to see Lesnar come back and win.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sheamus was a shock considering everyone had Orton as a heavy favourite.
    You can't honestly say you saw Vince winning the rumble

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Lazy wrestling fan checking in for annual watch of the Rumble/WrestleMania.
    Catch me up.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    As I recall it was Jericho who was favourite just ahead of Sheamus second but I could be wrong.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beer Monster View Post
    Lazy wrestling fan checking in for annual watch of the Rumble/WrestleMania.
    Catch me up.
    Roman Reigns v Kevin Owens in a Last Man Standing Match. Reigns won the title early/mid 2020 in a triple threat match against Strowman and Wyatt and is a heel now (and a very good one) who goes on about being the head of the table and he's recruited Jey Uso to be his lackey after beating the shit out of him repeatedly over the summer in a string of title matches. Perhaps most interestingly though he is aligned with Paul Heyman, who promotes him but is also a little scared of the lengths he'll go to to remain on top. Kevin Owens has stood up to him over the past few months but hasn't been able to beat him and continually got laid out and eventually injured. This gave Reigns no real challenger and he ended up bullying backstage agent Adam Pearce into a gaunlet match. Reigns orchastrated it so that Pearce won that match and the two would face off at the Rumble. However last week, Pearce outsmarted Reigns and got him to sign a contract that dictated he would face a returning Owens in a last man standing match, not Pearce. It's been a good program and Reigns has been fantastic as a heel and Jey has been great too. Its actually elevated the both of them as well as Owens. Oh, and Roman has brand new shiny white teeth and looks a bit stupid.

Drew McIntyre v Goldberg. *SIGH* McIntyre won the title at Mania last year beating Brock Lesnar (who i don't think has been seen since?). He entered into a program with Orton over the summer which was alright I guess. He lost the belt to Orton and then won it back. Since they he's been kind of not really doing much but he's been a decent enough champion. He's been linked with Sheamus a bit recently with their real life history being referenced and it feels like that will be a thing at some point. He's also been kind of involved in a respect program with Keith Lee (he's a call up from NXT and is very good and will definitely be mis-used) but its never really been a fully fledged thing. A couple of weeks ago on RAW was legends night and McIntyre had a really good match with Lee for the title which he won. Afterwards Goldberg came out and said that although McIntyre hadn't SAID anything disrespectful about the legends, Goldberg knew that McIntyre THOUGHT it and Goldberg was challenging him for the title. McIntyre laughed it off and said it would be like fighting his dad so Goldberg shoved him to the ground. It was as bad as it sounds. Then Drew got COVID and missed Raw last week, maybe this week too. What a program. Oh and McIntyre being out with COVID meant that HHH had to main event Raw last week cos they literally don't have any main eventers to put into that position at short notice.

Other stuff - Bray Wyatt is currently MIA after Randy Orton set him on fire in the middle of the ring (watch it, it was hilarious) and Bray hasn't been seen since. He has recruited Alexa Bliss though and she's being all weird and shit but still very attractive in that 'theres crazy in her eyes' way. Last week she threw a fireball into Orton's face and he's wearing a mask now and vowing revenge.
    Big E is the IC champ. He looked to be in line for a big push when the New Day was broken up in the draft but he's not really being pushed as hard as many expected. It's a slow one though and he should get there but he's not really done much tbh.
    Daniel Bryan is the current favourite for the rumble but he's recently spoken about wanting to cut down his ring time and focus more on being a dad. He's not really involved in a program either but always has good matches. Same can be said for Nakamura.
    AJ Styles has been having good matches too without ever really doing much but he does have a bodyguard now who is basically the biggest man in the world.
    Rollins was a Jesus figure for a while but has been off having a baby with Becky Lynch. He could come back at the Rumble but might not who knows not me i'm not a mindreader
    Edge has been injured for most of the year and maybe he'll be back too, i dunno.
    There's a group of wrestlers that have joined forces and called themselves the hurt business. MVP leads them and there's Lashley (currently the US Champ), Shelton and Cedric Alexander (tag champs).

On the womens side Asuka and Sasha Banks are the two champs. Nothing much really to report, nothing interesting is happening.

Raw is shit, Smackdown is actually verging on great. NXT is a constant 8/10 show. Finn Balor is currently the nxt champ and there are a few really good things happening down there.

Honestly you've missed barely anything of interest. The Rumble matches have barely been set up and it's all a bit shit if we're honest. There you are caught up.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone in major storyline and/or considered a top 10 guy is always going to be a favorite and heavy possibility. I could be wrong but I swear all 4 of us watching that 1999 Rumble, and the way it was going within a few minutes, that Vince was going to win. I remember not even being that big of a fan of the Austin-McMahon feud. I wasn't a big Stone Cold fan, no matter the gimmick, and I wasn't conditioned to give a shit about non-wrestlers like old ass Vince McMahon being a healthy part of the show.

I do remember the year Sheamus won thinking it was probably going to be him or Jericho. When Sheamus won it wasn't so much of a shock as it was a "meh" feeling. I honestly didn't start liking Sheamus until he started teaming with Cesaro.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top 10 is one third of the rumble to be fair with the exception of Del Rio's. Yokozuna I think was also somewhat of a shocker, he was only in WWE for 3 or 4 months at that time. Cena in 2008 could be argued as a suprise since he was on the injured list.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top 10 is one third of the rumble to be fair with the exception of Del Rio's. Yokozuna I think was also somewhat of a shocker, he was only in WWE for 3 or 4 months at that time. Cena in 2008 could be argued as a suprise since he was on the injured list.
    Oh yeah I completely understand that it's possible the top 10 wrestlers in the company could be in that match. This year I don't think we're going to see Roman or Drew for example, so there's 2 top 10 guys you won't be seeing in the Rumble. Point is, you're not going to be seeing Cedric Alexander or Wesley Blake winning the Rumble.

Was Yoko a shocker? He looked like 1 of 2 things were going to happen: He was going to be the big guy that a big tag-team eliminates ala Andre (Demolition) and Undertaker (LOD) OR he was winning that bitch.

Cena winning wasn't a shocker, him showing up way ahead of schedule was the shocker. Once he came out it was a wrap, he was winning, and he did.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Lee
    He still has not declared, but he seems to be one of the favorites.

Simon
    "Sorry for the lack of details here but still noteworthy IMO; had a brief conversation earlier with a source regarding the Men's Royal Rumble match. They said quote: "There's a finish that scares the death out of me. And it's legitimately getting heavy consideration" yikes," WrestleVotes tweeted.
    Wonder what that could be.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Gotta be big Bill Goldberg winning which I fully expect to happen.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    King of Kings The Game Triple H.

WWE Title: Goldberg vs. Triple H
    Universal Title: Reigns vs. Lesnar
    Cinematic Fiend vs. Orton shite
    Asuka vs. Nia vs. Shayna
    Sasha vs. Charlotte

There's your top of the card for 'Mania.
    Last edited by Fanny Batter; January 27th, 2021 at 8:25 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the fuck is Wrestlevotes?

Too many of us are suckers. That was the most vague shit I've read about a Rumble aside from "I wonder if that guy will win??"

To this guy, who is no doubt full of shit, he probably thinks Sheamus winning is scary. He probably thinks the idea of AJ Styles winning is scary and it should go to Marko Stunt.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    King of Kings The Game Triple H.

WWE Title: Goldberg vs. Triple H
    Universal Title: Reigns vs. Lesnar
    Cinematic Fiend vs. Orton shite
    Asuka vs. Nia vs. Shayna
    Sasha vs. Charlotte

There's your top of the card for 'Mania.
    Maybe one of those matches will go down (Sasha v. Charlotte). I think we're going to see Triple H v. AJ Styles. AJ wants it, and Triple H is no idiot. He knows AJ can make him look great and honestly Triple H isn't some broken down idiot, he can still go better than most his age.

I'm really hoping we don't see Goldberg win. If I were Drew, I'd be putting my fucking foot down. What are WWE going to do about it? Bury him? Doubt it. Fuck Goldberg.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Final 4 guesses for...

Men:
    Lee, Bryan, Edge, Styles

Women:
    Rhea, Bianca, Bayley, Shayna

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping for any of Lesnar, Rollins, Styles or Strowman to win Rumble.
    Give me something different with the womens, someone like Naomi.

Also I think the other Uso is going to have a hand in Roman retaining the title. I had thought they would have been the ones to take the titles off Street Profits and we'd get Big E + SP vs. Bloodline at show before Mania. Wouldn't have minded that being a thing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think them naming number 30 might be them announcing Brock last minute to get last minute interest in the show. If he's in it, he wins it. I think that's the likely call. They'll have backed up a truck of money on his driveway while the Peacock deal ink was still drying. Brock wins by last eliminating Edge. Bryan goes out in a non-descript manner to start a midcard feud halfway through. Maybe he starts it and gets to 20ish. It will be Corbin that puts him out, because of course it will be. Charlotte becomes first two time winner because of course she does.

I shouldn't be pessimistic really, the last few Rumble's have been pretty fucking great. Last year in particular was full of greatness. Maybe they announce Brock at 30 and Keith Lee avenges last year and puts him out within seconds, starting a 'Mania feud. That would be great storytelling, and transition Brock away from the title while they elevate others. Brock dumps him out and kicks fuck out of him, then the ring's left with Bryan, Edge, Styles and Sheamus for the final 4. Styles eliminates Edge starting their programme, and Bryan outlasts two of his greatest career rivals to win his first Rumble.

Next night on Raw, Styles wins a mini Rumble for the #1 Contender. Styles beats Drew (Sheamus heel turn), Edge wins the Chamber, then the the Raw side looks like Styles vs. Edge for the title, Drew vs. Sheamus, Brock vs. Lee, Goldberg vs. Cena, Fiend vs. Orton cinematic, Asuka vs. Charlotte, Kofi vs. Ali (pre-show most likely), Hurt Business vs. Hardy Bros vs. Miz/Morrison ladder for the tag belts, Lashley vs. Strowman for the US title, and Nia/Shayna in an interbrand 4-way with Dana/Mandy, the Dusty Classic winners and Riot Squad.

Smackdown side - Reigns vs. Bryan for the title, Street Profits vs. Usos for the tag titles, Sasha vs. Bayley vs. Belair for the women's title, Big E vs. Cesaro for the IC title, Owens vs. Zayn, Nakamura vs. Rollins, The Mysterio's vs. Ziggler/Roode (pre-show). That would be fairly solid while being starstudded and giving the fans two challengers they can get behind.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have to keep progressing and evolving from the likes of Lesnar and definitely Goldberg. Lesnar just doesn't move the needle. He just doesn't. You go look at his ppv numbers, they drop each year. We've had enough of Lesnar. I'm not saying he doesn't have a place at the table, he's not some old dinosaur who can't get it done. We just need to make people like him and Goldberg and Edge the spectacles. I mean Jesus Christ, even the Undertaker hasn't wrestled for the World title in over 10 years.

The "casuals" don't care about Lesnar, the hardcores still watching every week don't care enough about Lesnar to warrant a Rumble win, a MITB win, anything that sets him up for a World title match of any kind. He's literally done it all. Who else needs to beat him? Once Goldberg's old ass squashed him it was a wrap. His drawing ability-DEAD. Maybe in the MMA world they can get a million buys but the wrestling world is over Lesnar. Watch what happens when/if he gets in the World title mix again.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The Lesnar/Goldberg/Edge of the industry, the old timers, need to be putting over the next era.

I never was a huge Lesnar WWE fan, but full credit to him the way he put over Drew in 2020 at the Rumble then Mania; same goes to Goldberg for putting over Braun at Mania.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    The one PPV of the year I like to see as close to live as can be, but I'm moving house on Monday and won't have internet until Tuesday. So it's watch it live and piss Mrs M off or wait until Tuesday when we'll hopefully have the internet early in the day.

Plus my lad can't watch it live with me, so Tuesday it is.

Like has been said before, of all the matches to not have crowds, the royal rumbles are the ones that are going to suffer the most.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    she'll get over it

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    You'd think so, aye.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'll give her a talking to if not

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with the move, Murphy.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    i'll give her a talking to if not
    Good man.

Good luck with the move, Murphy.

Cheers, pal.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Just throwing some fantasy booking to the rumble. I would have Kross enter the rumble as a surprise entrant and have him win it. Have him choose Drew as his opponent for Wrestlemania. Have it be a pretty even match until the end where Kross powers up and then just destroys Drew and take the win. Then hold it until Lee takes the belt from him avenging his loss in NXT. With the lack of fans, I feel a surprise entrant and win would spark some intrigue to the event.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the fuck is Wrestlevotes?

Too many of us are suckers. That was the most vague shit I've read about a Rumble aside from "I wonder if that guy will win??"

To this guy, who is no doubt full of shit, he probably thinks Sheamus winning is scary. He probably thinks the idea of AJ Styles winning is scary and it should go to Marko Stunt.
    its not a wrestler or a bad scenario.

it screams The Fiend Wyatt in some way. They're just being cute about it.

I just asked my wife (big expert lol) and she immediately said "Bray Wyatt".

Same as I did when I first heard it. Too obvious.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWo4LifeOr2Years View Post
    its not a wrestler or a bad scenario.

it screams The Fiend Wyatt in some way. They're just being cute about it.

I just asked my wife (big expert lol) and she immediately said "Bray Wyatt".

Same as I did when I first heard it. Too obvious.
    Explain how "it's not a wrestler" but then you say it's a wrestler.....

Your response alone is why it's ridiculous to take what was tweeted as gospel. It could literally be anything. See, I would love that ending. I'm a big fan of The Fiend/Bray Wyatt. So for someone to treat that as a negative makes no sense to me, as a fan.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Nash Diesel;8209322]They have to keep progressing and evolving from the likes of Lesnar and definitely Goldberg. Lesnar just doesn't move the needle. He just doesn't. You go look at his ppv numbers, they drop each year. We've had enough of Lesnar. I'm not saying he doesn't have a place at the table, he's not some old dinosaur who can't get it done. We just need to make people like him and Goldberg and Edge the spectacles. I mean Jesus Christ, even the Undertaker hasn't wrestled for the World title in over 10 years.

The "casuals" don't care about Lesnar, the hardcores still watching every week don't care enough about Lesnar to warrant a Rumble win, a MITB win, anything that sets him up for a World title match of any kind. He's literally done it all. Who else needs to beat him? Once Goldberg's old ass squashed him it was a wrap. His drawing ability-DEAD. Maybe in the MMA world they can get a million buys but the wrestling world is over Lesnar. Watch what happens when/if he gets in the World title mix again.[/QUOTE

Id rather see Lesner the beast incarnate than::

Sheamus (one month at a minor ppv, fine)
    Kieth Lee (listening to him drone on in the ring on promos would be enough to switch off if one doesn't snooze first)
    Riddle
    Big E (no more midcard jokes being made World Champion for political reasons, thank you very little)
    Randy Orton again? With that godawful Bliss angle? No thanks. I like to watch wrestling, not soap opera, and very bad acting at that.
    Edge? Could he even make one real wrestling match healthy?
    Daniel Bryan might be okay but been down this road recently with him holding the belt and he's part time now, so doubtful.
    CM Punk if his new job is with WWE would be okay.
    AJ Styles with Omos, fine.

but the herd is pretty thin at Thin at the top and Lesner is still a star and looks like a man amongst little boys.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Explain how "it's not a wrestler" but then you say it's a wrestler.....

Your response alone is why it's ridiculous to take what was tweeted as gospel. It could literally be anything. See, I would love that ending. I'm a big fan of The Fiend/Bray Wyatt. So for someone to treat that as a negative makes no sense to me, as a fan.
    So soso so soso so so so sorry I left off 'regular wrestler without superpowers other than The
    Fiend or Bliss as possessed by the Fiend'

or burns down the ring and no winner, Orton wins as only he remnains.

But Blissfilled .Fiend etc does something 'scary', get it now?

awaiting corrected paper, hoping for a B+

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Men's Royal Rumble Match
    Women's Royal Rumble Match
    Sasha Banks (c) versus Carmella for the Smackdown Women's Title
    Asuka and Charlotte Flair (c) versus Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax for the Women's Tag Titles
    Roman Reigns (c) versus Kevin Owens for the Universal Title in a Last Man Standing Match
    Drew McIntyre (c) versus Goldberg for the WWE Title

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Men's Rumble is a pretty tough call which is great. About four or five guys that seem to have a chance. Nice to have it not be super obvious who's gonna take it. Women's Rumble is in the same boat with a handful of folks that have a good shot. On top of that there's always the surprises with past stars and NXT folks, etc., so pretty amped for both Rumbles.
    Reigns/Owens will almost guaranteed be terrific.
    I expect Drew/'Berg to be like Strowman/'Berg and Drew/Lesnar from Mania, just each guy hitting their biggest move a handful of times with multiple OH MY GOD HE KICKED OUT!11 until it's over. Blah.
    Women's Tag Titles will be nothing to really talk about and will likely be more about one of the teams falling apart than anything.
    Sasha/Carmella should be fine but it's hard to really care.
    Overall, though, pretty stoked for the show as Rumble's easily my favorite PPV after Mania.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Bray being off TV for so long, I'm starting to suspect he'll show up and win. Either that or he'll show up just to screw Orton.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Men's winner prediction: Bryan (with a final stretch against Lesnar)
    Women's winner prediction: Rhea

Styles eliminates Edge to create a Mania match. Fiend and Orton do something stupid to set up a Firefly Funhouse match.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Has anything been said that rules Becky out of returning at the rumble?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ANNOUNCED:
    Randy Orton #1
    Edge #2
    in the Men's Rumble.

Natalya #30 in the Women's Rumble.
    Last edited by mth; January 31st, 2021 at 11:03 AM.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Ffs MTH

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Can’t wait to change your name, Piotor Griffendork

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I'm sure you said something else the other week make your mind up

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You’ll never know what it’s gonna be, Peephole Gremlin

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Your names no good to make fun of

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It’s a perfect username, free of flaws. Accept it, embrace it, love it.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Fagballs!

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    No need for homophobia

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Accy View Post
    Fagballs!

hahaha, that was such a great name.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprise entrant, I'm going for Bubba or D-Von. Edge and Jeff Hardy in the ring which is a pop in it's own right, then one of those 2 come in for a great moment.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    That WOULD be great.

Did I read that Carlito was supposed to be on one of the recent Raws but didn't in the end for some reason? He'd be a fun one.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suprise entrants... Carlito, HHH, a debuting Jay White... I suppose you could also consider returning guys as suprises so Rollins, Aleister Black, Andrade, Samoa Joe.
    Would leave a couple spots for some NXT guys

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    That WOULD be great.

Did I read that Carlito was supposed to be on one of the recent Raws but didn't in the end for some reason? He'd be a fun one.
    He's rumored to be in the Rumble and I would love it. We've never seen Body Guy Carlito in the WWE.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first half of the match was so much fun last year. None of that will happen this year.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    No need for homophobia
    What's the fear of homophobia?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    The first half of the match was so much fun last year. None of that will happen this year.
    brock killing doodes for 20 mins straight was so fucking lit.