128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Survivor Series (2020)

Undertaker's Final Farewell

Kickoff match:
    Dual-brand Battle Royal

5-on-5 men's Survivor Series elimination match:
    Team Raw (AJ Styles, Keith Lee, Sheamus, Braun Strowman, and Riddle) vs. Team SmackDown (Kevin Owens, Jey Uso, King Corbin, Seth Rollins, and Otis)

5-on-5 women's Survivor Series elimination match:
    Team Raw (Nia Jax, Shayna Baszler, Lana, Lacey Evans, and Peyton Royce) vs. Team SmackDown (Bianca Belair, Ruby Riott, Liv Morgan, Bayley, and Natalya)

Champion vs. Champion men's singles match:
    Bobby Lashley (Raw's United States Champion) vs. Sami Zayn (SmackDown's Intercontinental Champion)

Champions vs. Champions tag team match:
    The New Day (Raw Tag Team Champions) vs. The Street Profits (SmackDown Tag Team Champions)

Champion vs. Champion women's singles match:
    Asuka (Raw Women's Champion) vs. Sasha Banks (SmackDown Women's Champion)

Drew McIntyre (Raw's WWE Champion) vs. Roman Reigns (SmackDown's Universal Champion)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing I'm interested in is the Undertaker's farewell. Is it just a way to start a program with a heel? Or will it be the traditional farewell where everyone stands around the ring clapping? Is he going to play The Undertaker? Or The American Undertaker? Or Mark Calaway? It's not going to be as good as it should considering there are no fans in attendance but it can't be as bad as that SD tribute.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm interested to see whether it's the end or whether it's the start of his final 'Mania angle. I'm leaning former, as he's completely pulled the curtain back all year, but it wouldn't surprise me if he got taken out by Baron Corbin because Vince.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    but it wouldn't surprise me if he got taken out by Baron Corbin because Vince.
    Hahaha, oh fuck.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a real hard time in the predictions thread for this show. Not many matches that seem super predictable to me, which is good (but also bad because it probably means I'll get beans for points). Not extremely excited about much but Reigns/Drew should be itneresting as Roman is godly right now, ND/SP should be fun as hell, Asuka/Banks could be a banger, Lashley/Zayn could be solid, and the traditional SS matches are often pretty interesting just to see how they unfold. Taker's farewell is interesting to see if it's straight-up or if it sets up something and even if it is the former, that'll be nice, and if it's the latter...well, depends on what's set up (see: Corbin, King).
    But as I said in the NXT thread a couple days ago, I've been pretty stressed lately so just chilling and watching wrestling will be a much needed escape.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not got round to making predictions but will say Roman should and needs to win here. He needs to be godly til his Mania or maybe even later eventual comeuppance.

All that being said, smell a Dusty or double DQ finish to keep them both strong. Main point is Roman cannot or should not lose.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    The only thing I'm interested in is the Undertaker's farewell. Is it just a way to start a program with a heel? Or will it be the traditional farewell where everyone stands around the ring clapping? Is he going to play The Undertaker? Or The American Undertaker? Or Mark Calaway? It's not going to be as good as it should considering there are no fans in attendance but it can't be as bad as that SD tribute.
    Hoping the former myself and this is just a great 30 year book-end.

Only exception to this if is Sting in Crow form and theme shows up. Won’t accept anything else.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Undertaker's Final Farewell

Kickoff match:
    Dual-brand Battle Royal

5-on-5 men's Survivor Series elimination match:
    Team Raw (AJ Styles, Keith Lee, Sheamus, Braun Strowman, and Riddle) vs. Team SmackDown (Kevin Owens, Jey Uso, King Corbin, Seth Rollins, and Otis)

5-on-5 women's Survivor Series elimination match:
    Team Raw (Nia Jax, Shayna Baszler, Lana, Lacey Evans, and Peyton Royce) vs. Team SmackDown (Bianca Belair, Ruby Riott, Liv Morgan, Bayley, and Natalya)

Bobby Lashley (Raw's United States Champion) vs. Sami Zayn (SmackDown's Intercontinental Champion)

Champions vs. Champions tag team match:
    The New Day (Raw Tag Team Champions) vs. The Street Profits (SmackDown Tag Team Champions)

Champion vs. Champion women's singles match:
    Asuka (Raw Women's Champion) vs. Sasha Banks (SmackDown Women's Champion)

Drew McIntyre (Raw's WWE Champion) vs. Roman Reigns (SmackDown's Universal Champion)
    Chalk this up to not having fans in attendance, but I think this Survivor Series needs some real stakes to be more compelling. Otherwise, this is just a blah Bragging Rights. Make it so that they mention on air that the winning teams gets some big cash bonus. And the more people you have on your team at the end, the more money you make. It would make for an incentive for people to not betray each other or walk out unless they really don't like a certain person they're teaming with. But it would also make them a pariah if they sandbag it.

Also, make it so that the survivors of the traditional matches get a title shot. So, if there are two people left on team Raw for example, the next title match is a triple threat. Or a fatal fourway. Or even just a standard one on one. That could add some intrigue. The last traditional SS match that had some intrigue that I can recall off the top of my head was when HBK was fighting for Austin's job. And he went all out in that match. But if they did this, it's a good set up for December's PPV with minimum effort.

This could also be a good time to consolidate the men's tag titles. I can understand with Fox and USA each wanting their own sets of titles, but there is just too much ambiguity in the tag scene to justify two sets of titles.

For the WWE vs Universal match, they could have stipulated that the winner gets to pick the loser's next opponent. Say Roman wins. He chooses Orton for Drew. You get another match out of those two, but it is less convoluted than just beat him up and demand a match. Same with the women's championship match. Or if Drew won via Miz trying to cash in and make it a triple threat (and he pins Miz), Drew chooses Seth Rollins. Yeah it's heel vs heel, but that could pop the ratings for December's show given their history. Plus, Rollins NEEDS to get out of that Mysterio feud.

But this is me spit-ballin'. I'm sure it'll be a fine show. But I want MOAR!

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm gonna lose it when Braun picks up Undetaker and power slams him into a grave.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quick predictions:

-Lee over Rollins for the RAW win
    -Belair over Jax for the Smackdown win
    -Lashley over Zayn
    -New Day over Street Profits
    -Banks over Asuka
    -McIntyre (via DQ) over Reigns, Roman orders Jey to get involved because Drew was too close to the victory.

Am interested in the Mark Calaway sendoff, also want to see how they write Rollins’ absence.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a problem in general with WWE. Simple matter of dotting the i's and crossing the t's. There is literally nothing different between Raw and Smackdown nowadays too, with the aesthetic pretty much the same and no authority figures. You could just about buy it in 2005 (different sets, referees looked different, egomaniac GM vs. fan friendly GM, A Show vs. B Show dynamic), it just contains zero relevance now. Is there anybody that has been active for the 4 years since the initial draft and stayed on a show? This show in particular, nobody on the Raw men's team was on Raw prior to Summerslam. New Day weren't. Why do they care about the red shirt now?

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They don't have to worry about making sense out of matches as I'm sure they are backing on the undetaker to sell this ppv.

It wouldn't be hard for them to have wrestlers have incentives for winning matches but they seem to be happy just having matches. I like the idea of the survivors getting title matches. They should really do IC vs US and World vs Universal etc at clash of champions.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    That's a problem in general with WWE. Simple matter of dotting the i's and crossing the t's. There is literally nothing different between Raw and Smackdown nowadays too, with the aesthetic pretty much the same and no authority figures. You could just about buy it in 2005 (different sets, referees looked different, egomaniac GM vs. fan friendly GM, A Show vs. B Show dynamic), it just contains zero relevance now. Is there anybody that has been active for the 4 years since the initial draft and stayed on a show? This show in particular, nobody on the Raw men's team was on Raw prior to Summerslam. New Day weren't. Why do they care about the red shirt now?
    To put your point bluntly, the brand split is pointless as they always manage to find excuses for certain people to cross-brand on “invites” despite this “OMG Raw vs Smackdown who is better??”

Would much prefer if they didn’t pretend if they were in competition with each other and just leave and promote them u Dee the same umbrella rotating some guys every week while the bigger stars are featured more.

End the brand split.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    End the brand split.
    Hard no. I like the brand split because it allows screentime for the ancillary/midcard superstars to get screen time. The brand split, relaxed as it may be, also allows the top stars to stay “fresh” because they aren’t repeating themselves on TV twice a week.

The only way I see this brand split ending is if Vince’s finances take a huge hit over the next two or three years (COVID, the elimination of house shows, whatever). Half the roster gets future endeavoured, the undercard/midcard gets relegated to NXT, the five hours of RAW and Smackdown consist of the top 5-6 names and a rotating list of NXTers. If that happens, AEW undoubtedly gets more exposure and a better TV deal, as they make use of some of the WWE castoffs.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't end the split. They already struggle using good people consistently with a split, so those people would just be lost for good if they had nothing holding them back from rolling people out twice a week.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Hard no. I like the brand split because it allows screentime for the ancillary/midcard superstars to get screen time. The brand split, relaxed as it may be, also allows the top stars to stay “fresh” because they aren’t repeating themselves on TV twice a week.

The only way I see this brand split ending is if Vince’s finances take a huge hit over the next two or three years (COVID, the elimination of house shows, whatever). Half the roster gets future endeavoured, the undercard/midcard gets relegated to NXT, the five hours of RAW and Smackdown consist of the top 5-6 names and a rotating list of NXTers. If that happens, AEW undoubtedly gets more exposure and a better TV deal, as they make use of some of the WWE castoffs.
    Keeping them in separate networks is fair enough and with some rotation, but pretending the fact that they’re completely separate rosters is very near pointless at this point.

Btw not suggesting any major structure in the titles. Large roster so let them still have separate world champions for example but the separation factor at this point seems really thin. Just work around and have them rotate.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To put it blunty, fans are too wise now and no point pretending. Can still have separate brand belts but no point in pretending the actual rosters are really separate when they show up on the other show anyway and the last “Superstar Shake-Up” really didn’t shake things up.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it was more like a proper brand split like they did when it first started with even separate authority figures running the shows and announcing the draft picks then yeah could still get behind it but they don’t really do that much now.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    ...pretending the fact that they’re completely separate rosters is very near pointless at this point.
    Agreed, 100%. Pure laziness on the part of Vince, er the writers/bookers, to use crossover appearances and drafts to cover the fact that your lazy unorganized asses can’t A) plan long-term or B) create new stars. Reading repeatedly on the main page about Vince rewriting/finalizing the show within hours (minutes?) of showtime, I’m like how can you be such a big time company yet so Mickey Mouse at the same time.

If the company were to actually cement the brand split (read: no crossovers, no drafts) for the next 3-4 years, then these RAW versus Smackdown matches might actually mean something. Imagine the Rumble, where for the first time in a year Drew McIntyre is in the same “arena”/ring/event as Roman Reigns? Or if the Rumble winner from Smackdown decides to challenge the WWE champion at Mania? Some of the WWE superstars have flipped shows multiple times over the course of the “brand split”, which really does water down the process.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some reason I thought the champions matches where for both belts. Imagine that

Will watch this live like I always do the big 4

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wish there was a reward for the brand that does the best rather than bragging rights that no one cares about a few weeks later.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back when the brandsplit actually mattered, stuff like this/Bragging Rights/Royal Rumble used to be rad and exciting 'cuz you'd finally get to see guys get in the ring together who'd basically never crossed paths before but now with how lax the split has been for awhile and with how soon after the Draft this event is, all of that significance really seems to be gone. Only time it actually felt that way was last year when you had NXT in the mix. They didn't win anything but you got to see fresh matchups and new faces and it still felt like a big deal that they "won" the event (even though it ultimately meant nothing). If the magic of the split is so faded they could at least have a trophy or some sort of prize incentive to give it a little more meaning.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    McIntyre vs Reigns is one of two Wrestlemania matches I was in the building for that I have never seen a second of. The other is Batista vs Umaga.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    McIntyre va reigns was a wrestlemania match?

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. 2019.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After Reigns came back from cancer. Weirdly already half a story a month later given how significant it should have been, and the match was nothing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Taker comes out as the Deadman or ABA and not Mark Calaway in a beenie and dad jeans.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Or his blue lives matter tee

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Undertaker dresses like absolute shit away from the ring these days. Awful hats, teenager's hoodies and right wing logos. Reminds me of Billy Corgan. It's genuinely quite upsetting and has ruined his mystique somewhat. At least back in the day when he wore neo-nazi t-shirts he looked cool.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    At least back in the day when he wore neo-nazi t-shirts he looked cool.
    Wait, What?

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    New Keith Lee tune...improvement.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Let's go Braun you big meaty man.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Didn't take Big E long to reunite with Kofi and Xavier.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This is a really good ppv

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reigns is legit... godlike.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What did Undertaker do? I guess I missed it.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nevermind.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this might be all entrances and 3 words from Taker.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kane looks so embarrassed lol.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Did Vince draw his eyebrows on himself?

Like that he said WWF too. It'll always be WWF to me dammit.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is so cringe w/ the fake crowd noise.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This dork.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was a lot of "meh" they should of waited for a live crowd. What was the point of bringing in his friends just to have them go away when Taker comes out? I hope this is a temporary ending because this would be the worst farewell to a legendary career ever...

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank goodness Lee got new music. Step in the right direction. I guess we'll get a good conclusion to what's going on with Rollins on Friday (maybe?) but that was an interesting series of events for him. A clean sweep by Team Raw definitely wasn't anticipated and doesn't make a lot of sense, especially with what happened on Monday.

Really good energy and competitiveness between Street Profits and New Day. Obviously cool for New Day to come out with the Gears of War garb. New Day showing some edge was a nice touch, and then stuff like Ford using Kingston's move was a nice bit of edge as well. I like how it was pretty much booked to where both sides had their way at different stretches but Street Profits took it up another notch to secure the win. Hopefully the win actually means something for them and they're able to hit a new gear on Smackdown.

Obvious but an easy role for Zayn to play the conspiracy victim with all of The Hurt Business there for Lashley while Zayn was alone. Easy situation to exploit and help divert from actual wrestling time, which clearly was a point of emphasis as I guess the producers didn't think these two could have a good match together. Lashley has been incredibly protected since he lost to McIntyre back in the summer. He only loses in tag situations and never eats the pin in those instances. That's gotta amount to something down the road.

Wasn't an emphatic win for Sasha but that was a really fun and competitive match with Asuka. That really was a match that could have gone either way and the counters at the end really indicated that it was just a night where Sasha had just enough on her side. I think they're going above and beyond to show that this run is going to be different for her and that beating her former best friend is elevating her. I imagine we're seeing a run that goes to Mania for her. There's a lot of depth on Raw so Asuka will have foes, but I'm not anticipating that they'll be exciting.

Graves with the good zinger with the "Perfect 10" comment while Peyton had the Tarantula on. Good shout out to her S/O. Pretty substantial that she actually pinned Bayley clean. It seemed like she was out somewhat unceremoniously after that, so it seems kind of weird to give her that moment. I don't think I've seen Lacey do a Spanish Fly. I like how The Riott Squad tried to direct Nia. Great way to protect Shayna and make Ruby look good with how they missed the pin into Ruby passing out. Bianca had a great moment to work against Shayna and Nia but of course, it was always going to be built to a stupid finish of Lana lucking into a sole survivor situation. Her story does nothing for me because they're not giving her an opportunity to really say why we should care about her. Smackdown looked good here but it was all about Lana.

I don't like a three-person booth but Cole, Graves, and Joe is solid. I didn't know what to expect between Reigns/McIntyre but I did like how it did take an extra step over the course of the match to try to display an extra layer of ferocity in Reigns' game. He was pretty brutal in some of his attack towards McIntyre, which is what you want to see. It also helps tell a story as McIntyre bounces back from it. They really ramped it up once they wanted to crank things up. Don't remember seeing McIntyre going with a Kimura. Then the spear into the barricade was good. It got gnarly at the end. I feel like if Sheamus is the direction they're going with McIntyre next, they really missed an opportunity for him to cut Uso off at the pass and have them fight to the back. I'm surprised we actually got a finish here, but that was a hell of a match. McIntyre still looked like a monster, even taking a loss. Find a way to run that back in April and I won't be mad.

They didn't bother show it but it was 3-3 for the night.

I liked the hologram with Paul Bearer but the rest of the farewell for Taker just seemed kinda of meh to me. Having the parade of people come out really didn't do anything because they didn't do anything lol. Cole and Graves just talked about how they had a connection to Taker but that was it. The 8-bit music initially was a weird touch or a production snafu. Good for him to have a sendoff but it was just...underwhelming in terms of execution.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; November 22nd, 2020 at 11:52 PM.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm just glad Lars Sullivan or some shit heel didn't show up to attack Undertaker to start something that leads to a Mania match.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wish Lars Sullivan or some other great heel showed to attack Undertaker, leading to a match at WrestleMania.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    That was a lot of "meh" they should of waited for a live crowd. What was the point of bringing in his friends just to have them go away when Taker comes out? I hope this is a temporary ending because this would be the worst farewell to a legendary career ever...
    You mean like Sting's? Oh wait, he didn't have one. Besides 100% sure Hall of Fame this yaer.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It pains me to see this shitty Taker farewell. He deserves a packed house with real fans and not some crappy generic crowd noise. They should have waited until fans can be back in arenas.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The booking of the women's SS match is so weird. They were trying to give Lana a big moment, but Nia ends up looking like a genius because she told her to stand on the steps which allowed RAW to win the match.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nia/Bianca ended up looking stupid for getting counted out... Lana ended up looking useless.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if Keith Lee's music is the same guy who did his indies one? Sounds very similar.. but not as good, it lacked a strong bass/beat to it.. just felt like a man talking. Though that might be cos of the Thunderdome piped noise, I don't know.

Why spend 10 minute wheeling people out to no real audience to then send them away?! What's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    Did Vince draw his eyebrows on himself?

Like that he said WWF too. It'll always be WWF to me dammit.
    He looked like Bray Wyatt's fucking puppet of him. That's how deep this gimmick is running.

The 8-bit/MIDI music was...... weird. I think they played it just cos it fit with the "electro" intro with the symbol.. but it was just out of place.

Taker was never gunna do a long speech but the pipping in of the crowd is just a disaster. Did someone press the "PEACE" button twice or something? Fuck me. 30 years and they couldn't wait a few more months for an actual crowd who'd give a shit. They could have sold a whole other PPV off the back off that 5 minute speech, honestly.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I'm pretty sure they couldn't have waited for the exact anniversary on the exact ppv.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    I'm pretty sure they couldn't have waited for the exact anniversary on the exact ppv.
    Nov. 22, 2026 is the next time november 22 falls on a Sunday. They could have had the undetakers farewell 36th anniversary then

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHnFoley_Rulez View Post
    The 8-bit/MIDI music was...... weird. I think they played it just cos it fit with the "electro" intro with the symbol.. but it was just out of place.
    Tesla Coil music is awesome and I won't hear such blasphemy.

I think it fit fine when lightning has been apart of his character.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh is THAT what they were.... pretty cool.... think it's a bit "out there" for WWE though.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Don't think we've seen the last of the Undertaker in the ring.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All in all, a damn good show.

Men's SS match was solid enough. Incredible finish with Lee catching Jey and getting the big win for his team.

ND/Profits started off a bit underwhelming as ND were taking the more slow methodical approach but it picked up as it went along and got pretty hot in the latter stretch. Nice big win for the Profits.

Zayn/Lashley was fun thanks to Zayn's antics. Really pleased with how they've handled Lashley since the Hurt Business got together, properly protected liek this for awhile and I could see him getting back in the main event scene down the road.

Sasha/Asuka was a banger, as expected.

Women's SS was a lot of fun. Bianca is really something, megastar in the making. Nice big pin on Bayley for Peyton. Knew I should have had Lana winning in my predictions, not sure why I didn't given the story going into this. Much as I don't like her, her winning as sole survivor was rather amusing.

Reigns/McIntyre absolutely delivered and was better than I expected. Their Mania match a couple years ago was nothing so I wasn't sure but with the roles reversed and both of them being drastically different now, I was optimistic and damn, they knocked it out of the park. Reigns is godly and McIntyre is progressing well, i feel like the kilt/sword/Warrior stuff the past few weeks is a few more needed pieces falling into place for everything to click for him.

I do have to admit that Taker's Farewell was pretty anticlimactic. Having said that, I disagree that they should have waited given the perfect timing and the fact that we have no idea how long it'll be until fans can come back. This was the right time to do it. But having said that, trotting out all the guys only for them to disappear, Vince coming out solo and disappearing, the weird electro music that sounded like crap, Taker basking in the piped in chants of a nonexistant crowd, and him staying in character and saying the most predictable essentially three words possible in what felt like about an hour of pomp and milking it...I wasn't really feeling it overall. But then, like the series finales of TV shows and whatnot, there's never an ending that pleases every fan. Not really anything they could have done that wouldn't be complained about one way or another. So it was fine. Paul Bearer's ghost was sweet if a bit corny. Also, got to disagree with my good friend Donald and say I'm pretty sure Taker is done. Maybe he'll pop up and chokeslam a fool once in awhile but I can't see another match happening at this point, that was a pretty emphatic closing of the book.
    Last edited by mth; November 23rd, 2020 at 11:32 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally I thought they should of had the entire roster be the crowd for Takers segment and they wouldn't need the fake crowd noise but then I remembered they have to social distance. But then Takers friends all came out standing shoulder to shoulder so they might as well just had them all out there for his speech.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could have had Taker's friends around at ringside when he came out but I guess they'd be lost in the smoke.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Only caught the Taker farewell so far. It was great when all the old guys came out and I was hoping we'd see some interaction with Taker but when they came back from that video package (which was good but not as good as some they've done) they were all gone. Disappointing. Vince really does not look great by the way, seems to have aged especially quickly in recent times but I guess that can happen. Then Taker himself didn't say much of substance which was to be expected if they're keeping him fully in character but it's not all that interesting. The Paul Bearer hologram was nice though. All in all it was a bit underwhelming, especially given the setting. Undertaker's retirement was something fans have anticipated for years and it could have definitely been more special. Flair's retirement ceremony was one of my favourite segments ever but after what happened with him you wondered if they'd ever do something like that again.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The truth is we're so used to how they've handled send-off's in the past we forget, it's not the past. Shit it's not like we ever got a Stone Cold send-off so be thankful we get what we get. So if you take your mind out of 2007 when Flair "retired" or when Shawn retired or when they celebrated Hogan's birthday, it was pretty fresh.

Also, for those who wanted a little more real Taker, you should've stuck around for the Austin stuff. Taker is one of those dudes who we have seen him live the gimmick so hard for 30 years that we want more of him being "Mark". We're not going to get that, not when Kane is coming out in his gear, not when the Godwinns looking 150 years old in their OG overalls.....Again, I know people were expecting the traditional send off we saw with HBK and Flair but hey, we never got one for Edge, Stone Cold, and plenty of other top tier names.

The only real gripe I have about Taker's send-off is that I wanted to see moments throughout the show and not just this bundled up package at the end. It was super fresh, I'm just nitpicking.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Glad I wasn't the only one who thought the Godwinns looked 70+ but only being in their 50s.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHnFoley_Rulez View Post
    I wonder if Keith Lee's music is the same guy who did his indies one? Sounds very similar.. but not as good, it lacked a strong bass/beat to it.. just felt like a man talking. Though that might be cos of the Thunderdome piped noise, I don't know.

Why spend 10 minute wheeling people out to no real audience to then send them away?! What's the point.

He looked like Bray Wyatt's fucking puppet of him. That's how deep this gimmick is running.

Taker was never gunna do a long speech but the pipping in of the crowd is just a disaster. Did someone press the "PEACE" button twice or something? Fuck me. 30 years and they couldn't wait a few more months for an actual crowd who'd give a shit. They could have sold a whole other PPV off the back off that 5 minute speech, honestly.
    So basically fuck the people who watch the product on tv, only cater to the live crowd? For one they've avoided the live crowd for the last 20 years more often than not and two, we don't get the luxury of doing things the way they're sort of done in the past because we're in this shit year.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Glad I wasn't the only one who thought the Godwinns looked 70+ but only being in their 50s.
    If Mideon didn't have the tatted head I would have never known who was who. They looked like what people think everyone here in Iowa looks like lol.

I popped a massive erection when Nash came out. I also laughed when Corey Graves was trying to argue that they wrestled at 11 or 13, not 12. No buddy, it was 12. The double main event of Bret v. HBK and Taker v. Diesel, it was such a beautiful ppv.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The wife said "If I didn't know that was Kevin Nash, I'd say that was what you expect someone's dad to look like"

Intercontinental Champion Jitters's Avatar
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder what will happen when he's inducted into Hall of fame, I'd expect he'll come out and be more Mark than Undertaker?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wife said "If I didn't know that was Kevin Nash, I'd say that was what you expect someone's dad to look like"
    lol I'm not sure what she means by that. Kevin Nash is 61 and he's someone's dad lol. His hair did look suspect but man I'm loving the beard. I just watched an interview with him from a month or or so ago and the beard was on point.

Quote Originally Posted by King Diamond View Post
    I wonder what will happen when he's inducted into Hall of fame, I'd expect he'll come out and be more Mark than Undertaker?
    100%

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was so angry that Triple H came out after HBK and Ric Flair, but luckily Kane saved me from smashing my TV in. Kane in his fucking costume

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was so angry that Triple H came out after HBK and Ric Flair, but luckily Kane saved me from smashing my TV in. Kane in his fucking costume
    I know I was like, of course Triple H is last...then I remembered Kane hadn't arrived yet. I wish it had been OG 1997 Kane attire but it's better than him NOT in the attire. Normal Glenn looks like a depressing goof.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drew and Roman was a match that I was very curious how they were going to book the finish and I wasn't a fan of it. I know the idea is "He didn't tap, he didn't get pinned" "Uso interfered, low blow" It was honestly the only part of the show I wasn't pleased with. In my gut I knew Roman was going to win though.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    anything worth watching? I've been down to reading the results for about 4 months now. even canceled my subscription to the network.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    anything worth watching? I've been down to reading the results for about 4 months now. even canceled my subscription to the network.
    Tag match with New Day was good and the Broken Skull Sessions One More Round after Survivor Series was good.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's the best wrestling company on the planet. A bit foolish to cancel the Network as every ppv easily gets a 7/10 rating. If it's a financial hardships for you, I will gladly pay for your membership each month. I can pay you by PayPal.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    It's the best wrestling company on the planet. A bit foolish to cancel the Network as every ppv easily gets a 7/10 rating. If it's a financial hardships for you, I will gladly pay for your membership each month. I can pay you by PayPal.
    if you want to waste your money go for it lol

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I do want to watch the broken skull sessions though

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck sake is Seth Rollins a douche. Apparently he didn't even want to share a ring with Matt Riddle at Survivor Series so he got the writers to job him out straight away. Yeah, the guys wife made a mean comment about your fiance online, so what. Do your fucking job.

Not the first time he has been but hurt about this either. Remember how upset he got when Cornette commented about Becky leaving money on the table by getting pregnant. This guy is more butt hurt than JR.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    tbf riddle is an absolute douche.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    Fuck sake is Seth Rollins a douche. Apparently he didn't even want to share a ring with Matt Riddle at Survivor Series so he got the writers to job him out straight away. Yeah, the guys wife made a mean comment about your fiance online, so what. Do your fucking job.

Not the first time he has been but hurt about this either. Remember how upset he got when Cornette commented about Becky leaving money on the table by getting pregnant. This guy is more butt hurt than JR.
    Dude I'm just more impressed with the fact Seth has that level of stroke. One of the worst drawing champions of the modern era and a history of being a total dildo to work with (remember his story about how he was pretty much on the chopping block in developmental for his shit attitude) and he can make this happen?

Personally, I don't believe it but if it is true, what an idiot. The same guy who dated a chick who dressed up as a Nazi for Halloween is somehow the moral compass of the world.......It's sad the only guy worth a damn from Iowa to make it in wrestling since Frank Gotch is a weirdo.

Because you know him outside of the ring? Word.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So? Is that an excuse to be unprofessional?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Day vs. Street Profits
    Asuka vs. Sasha
    Women's Survivor Series match
    Reigns/McIntyre

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    What's the source on that Rollins/Riddle bit?

Anyway, the men's, women's and tag title matches all sound worth watching so I may give them a go.
    Last edited by Ringo; November 23rd, 2020 at 4:12 PM.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Dude I'm just more impressed with the fact Seth has that level of stroke. One of the worst drawing champions of the modern era and a history of being a total dildo to work with (remember his story about how he was pretty much on the chopping block in developmental for his shit attitude) and he can make this happen?

Personally, I don't believe it but if it is true, what an idiot. The same guy who dated a chick who dressed up as a Nazi for Halloween is somehow the moral compass of the world.......It's sad the only guy worth a damn from Iowa to make it in wrestling since Frank Gotch is a weirdo.

proof that seth rollins must be a dick

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the source on that Rollins/Riddle bit?

Anyway, the men's, women's and tag title matches all sound worth watching so I may give them a go.
    i only saw it on some clickbait site. not sure if it was actually reported by the observer or something.

i enjoyed roman/drew.

i enjoyed most of roman's current run, though.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "THEORY Seth Rollins gets eliminated immediately from Survivor Series match and fans think it was to avoid working with Matt Riddle"

great work, journalist guy

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Some fans speculating on Twitter then. Even TalkSport, infamous for reporting absolute shite, included the word "THEORY" before the headline. Could be what actually happened but seems unlikely, doesn't it?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    "THEORY Seth Rollins gets eliminated immediately from Survivor Series match and fans think it was to avoid working with Matt Riddle"

great work, journalist guy
    lol pretty much. That's how the Meltzers of the world have trained a lot of fans to think. Even fans who don't even know who the fuck or what the fuck a dirt sheet writer is, people see how their hardcore wrestling fans react and think it's that deep.

The funny thing is, I wouldn't be shocked if it were true. "For the greater good" the guy got eliminated? Why?

I remember thinking, damn, this guy just lost clean to Buddy Murphy 2 nights ago....maybe this is the response? I'm sure he'll address it on Friday and we'll be like AHHHH ok zero to do with Riddle, 100% to do with a new direction he's taking. Maybe they told him, if you want to be a bitch about it, we're having you lose clean 2 days prior to a guy not even on the show.

Seems very tabloid-USWeekly TMZ ish to me but you never know with a guy like Seth who is apparently the ultimate white knight. "Look honey, I'm going to be a jobber because someone said something sorta insulting about your crackhead appearance"

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn Godwinns got old!

Savio Vega appearance though, 11/10.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn Godwinns got old!

Savio Vega appearance though, 11/10.
    Shout out to Savio Vega. I don't think many of us appreciated him enough. Especially when people start rattling off names from 1995-1998. I think a big part of that is he was a guy A-should have won KOTR 1995 if they didn't want Shawn or Taker, and B-should have AT LEAST been a 1-time IC Champ and multiple time tag-team champion. Think about the fact that he never won a title during a time where we were not making that Jake the Snake excuse.

I have a thread idea.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany

Because you know him outside of the ring? Word.
    we get burritos every thursday.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we get burritos every thursday.
    He must not be that much of a douche if you're on a date every Thursday. I'm jealous. Burritos from where? Tasty Tacos?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    He must not be that much of a douche if you're on a date every Thursday. I'm jealous. Burritos from where? Tasty Tacos?
    he never tips though. very douchey

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he never tips though. very douchey
    Their burritos are shit anyway lol

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't play Gears of War but I have to admit New Day looked fuckin sweet. That is a huge deal for them and for the WWE in general to get a relationship like that with a game of that level.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some fans speculating on Twitter then. Even TalkSport, infamous for reporting absolute shite, included the word "THEORY" before the headline. Could be what actually happened but seems unlikely, doesn't it?
    Why would it be unlikely? Why would you job out one of your very top guys in a match like that?

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be the start of an angle with him.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is about to go on paternity leave so doubt it. I actually re-watched the match. He literally doesnt even look at Riddle the whole time he is there. Definitely something is up.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be the start of an angle where they begin to write him out for that very reason. Just saying we should wait for more info before judging.

Perhaps they may explain it on Smackdownn.