User Tag List

Thread: Hell in a Cell (2020)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hell in a Cell (2020)

Roman Reigns (c) vs. Jey Uso: Hell in a Cell "I Quit" match for the WWE Universal Championship

Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Randy Orton: Hell in a Cell match for the WWE Championship

Bayley (c) vs. Sasha Banks: Hell in a Cell match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship

Jeff Hardy vs. Elias: Singles match

Otis (MITB) vs. The Miz: Singles match for the Money in the Bank contract

(Pre Show) Truth vs. Gulak: Singles match for the 24/7 championship
    Last edited by BGMaverick; October 25th, 2020 at 4:41 PM.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantasy booking: Miz wins the case and they obtain a sworn affidavit to never put him and Otis in the storyline again. Drew wins but gets punted post-match and Miz cashes in post-match to mega heat.

Reality booking: Otis and Drew win probably.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Reigns (c) v Uso: Pretty obvious that Roman goes over; Jey bumps his ass off for 20 minutes before acquiescing to Reigns’ demand. How they proceed on the other side intrigues me; do the Usos become the Murphy to Reigns’ Rollins or do the Usos keep being a thorn in their cousin’s side? This feud has actually got me invested in Jey, to the point where I could see a face Jey and a heel Sami Zayn tearing the house down for the IC title.

McIntyre (c) v Orton: No way Orton does the job three times in a row, right? Randy has been on fire since the Edge feud, has made Drew look like a million bucks, deserves a lengthy run as the heel champ (where he drops it at Mania to Lee?).

Bayley (c) v Banks: This is rushed. These ladies will steal the show; it will be MOTN and end up in the MOTY discussion. I really want Bayley to retain but the tea leaves suggest she does the job to Sasha, evening up Sasha putting over Bayley when leaving NXT. I’d love to see the rubber match in the main event of Mania, am not sure how you can keep them separated post-draft for the next 5+ months.

Otis (MITB) v Miz: Miz and Morrison deserve better than this. Really want to see Miz win the contract, get another shot at one of the two big titles; his best chance at actually winning the title seems to be on RAW, but a Miz/Reigns feud with Heyman could be money.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn’t put it past them giving Drew the hat trick, hell did it for Batista over HHH. Drew won via backslide the first time, had help the second time, gave Orton a pin win on Raw already making a big deal that it’s Drew’s first pinfall loss in a year and maybe this time Drew goes over Orton decisively once and for all. Only thing is the Edge/Orton title rumours for Mania.

Tough one and card overall to call really other than Roman winning.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orton has cooled off a bit since Mania. He's certainly not mailing it in with promos or work but he's definitely not throwing the heat he had a few months ago. It'll be interesting to see which way they go with that match. I'm anticipating that it'll be the least interesting cell match of the evening.

The storytelling with Reigns and Uso should be phenomenal.

I'm bracing myself for a stupid/overbooked result with Bayley and Sasha. Part of me thinks they'll want to milk that a bit longer.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Super hyped for Roman/Jey and Banks/Bayley. Don't really give a damn about the rest of the show.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Good match with Roman and Jey.

Wild Samoans is a nice touch too!

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    One of the better matches I've seed this year.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Tucker might fuck Otis tonight.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Boom! Fucking knew it. Evil Tucker. Too bad I didn't pick Miz earlier.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    Tucker might fuck Otis tonight.
    I'd watch if Mitch Bennett makes an appearance.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love you Tucker
    my favorite Mother fuc r

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I'd watch if Mitch Bennett makes an appearance.
    Sounds like a Raw segment waiting to happen.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    John Morrison is great.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Maybe Miz cashes in on winner of Orton/McIntyre?

I picked Drew to win but dam how great would it be to have Orton win and have Miz cash in on Orton again for his second reign. It's almost the ten year anniversary of Miz's first cash in too.
    Last edited by Jarrod1983; October 25th, 2020 at 8:38 PM.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    No Miz cash in but maybe closer to the actual anniversary it will happen on Orton.

Good show.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shocked but pleasantly okay with the fact that Reigns/Uso started the show. You like to have a PPV start with a guaranteed hot start and this was a safe-ass bet lol.

The promo package to lead into the match was brilliant. Great opportunity to show the bloodline and then outline how both Reigns and Uso have shined in their roles. It suddenly became a strap match lol but the intensity with the strap was off the charts, with Uso selling that so well. It got awkward with the strangling of the strap around Reigns but it seems like they didn't want to bring a lot of attention to that, rather than the fact Reigns kept getting close to passing out. In retrospect, they missed using the time for the build to this match to have Uso come up with a submission. They did that for Reigns but not for him. Commentary was great just for the fact of knowing when the hell to shut up and let the story be told by the brutality.

The match got a little drawn out after Reigns used the steps for the drive by on Uso. Jimmy coming out did help add to the melodrama and get us to the finish we were anticipating. I also like the fact that they had Heyman comment earlier in the night about what the consequences actually were. The Usos were eventually going to be living a life of servitude of Reigns going forward. I imagine that will led to an angst-riddled dissonance within The Usos before they ultimately break and join Reigns. Really nice touch at the end to have Afa and Sika anointing Reigns. Ran a risk of getting overly booked but I think they held on, based on Reigns' ability to run through multiple levels of emotion.

Talk about a comedown. Elias/Hardy was exactly that. This was a feud that was relatively rushed and didn't need a PPV match. The fact it went to a DQ finish was gross lol.

Things felt a little fishy with Morrison excessively interfering. It felt like that was a red herring to suggest Otis was going to be perfectly fine once the ref kicked Morrison out. Then we got the swerve with Tucker costing Otis. I honestly think we're set up for a better circumstance with Miz holding the briefcase. I think they were alright giving it a go with Otis but they kind of lost momentum with him once Strowman/Fiend became a thing. The receipts will show that I had Tucker eventually turning on Otis and that finally cashed in lol. Hard to dispute the logic Tucker had with his frustrations. The stupid thing, of course, is the fact Otis and Tucker are on different brands.

Using the table as a ramp for the Meteora into the Cell was utter class by Sasha. Man that looked awesome. I feel like these two brought out some new stuff that we haven't seen, and some of those counters were pretty cool. You know it's a big match when Sasha is pretty much down for destroying her body. She didn't look as careless as she did in the past but it still looked gnarly. I guess we'll never know what Bayley was wanting to do with the kendo sticks taped together haha. Sasha got a little Meteora crazy but I can't blame her because 80-90 percent of them were uniquely used and were great visuals. Gotta give it to them, that was a creative finish with the chair and tying it together for the callback with how Bayley used that to break their friendship and a makeshift Bank Statement used that chair to punish Bayley. Great touch to have Sasha failing to recognize the ref trying to give her the belt because she was locked on Bayley. Really entertaining match and good moment for Sasha.

Shane Thorne, I'm sorry...Slapjack, getting a title match on a main roster PPV in 2020 is wild. He lost, obviously, and the further doubled down on the fact that Retribution really poses no threat because someone is going to take them out. They tried to gang up on Lashley but HE (BY HIMSELF) was establishing a comeback and then they ran when the rest of The Hurt Business came in. Yikes.

Pants were clearly Orton's kryptonite. The match turned when he took them off. Clearly this was the weakest of the three cell matches of the night. I think it relied on the cell itself more as the actual hook for the match. It felt like the comedown match prior didn't help but three cell matches is just overkill. This didn't have the drama of the opener, nor the creativity of the women's match. It had its moments but it honestly just felt like it was just there and worked at a slower pace. McIntyre's overhead belly-to-belly suplexes were quite impressive. They did the Ambrose/Rollins spot where they had the footholds on the side to brace them but only one of them fell. I would have been more impressed if Orton took the bump too but he's no fool lol.

Feels like this win came too late for Orton in this feud and with his overall momentum. Miz is going to be lurking for the time being. Raw seems like a relative wasteland right now in terms of productive stories and trajectory so we'll see what they can do with this soft and inevitably more firm reset.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have such mixed feelings. On one hand, they turned Otis into a loser. On the other hand, I'd love to see Miz as a two time World Champion. I'm so conflicted

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Easily the best ppv of the year for any wrestling company. Not a bad match at all.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good show overall.

Surprised Reigns/Uso opened as I expected it to be the closer but started things off hot. Not really anything amazing wrestling-wise but story/drama-wise it was fantastic. This angle is terrific and Reigns has becoming the guy to watch right now. Terrific stuff. Found it a odd that the consequences seemed to change from "you get kicked out of the family" to "you become my servant" at the last minute? Either way, loved everything here.

Elias/Hardy was a boring waste of time. Elias' pre-match song ragging on Jeff was the best part of it.

Miz/Otis wasn't much to talk about as a match but the Tucker turn and Miz winning the case made for an interesting turn of events.

Sasha/Bayley was MOTN. They absolutely brought it and combined great story/drama with excellent in-ring action and creative use of the environment/weapons and some nutty hardcore spots. When the only flub was Bayley's duct taped kendo sticks being disregarded when multiple other heavy-on-the-hardware spots were pulled off without a hitch (meteora off the ladder on the chairs in particular), that's pretty damn good. Great stuff, big win for Banks. Loved it.

I don't get their thought process with Retribution. They haven't felt like a threat since day one and Ali joining them has done dick all to change that. I could look past the goofy names and masks if they were actually deadly and fucking shit up but they're just getting their asses handed to them weekly by a vastly superior and better booked group of heels. So, I mean, if the whole point of Retribution is to make The Hurt Business look better, I guess that's working out pretty well...

McIntyre/Orton was about what I expected and was fine. Saw the big table bump coming a mile away, as soon as they cleared it off earlier and you could see the crash pad. McIntyre's table bump would have been a bit better if they'd at least had some medics check on him to sell it like a potential match ender. Orton getting the win is a nice change up to the title situation, I'll be hoping to see big Keith Lee getting his title opportunity in the very near future, please and thanks.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The camerawork when the table spot happened was WWE's trademark atrocious work by having their cameraman spaz out during it. When you look at the replays, the cameraman literally jumps on and down like a rabbit.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    They should hire you really shouldn't they.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Don't think they use VHS to tape anything anymore.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going back, Uso/Reigns really wasn't that much of a match haha. It was spears and splashes, then it went into the strap and then the drama. It was clearly carried by the displays of emotion over the course of the match. Uso leveled up over the course of this program but Reigns leveled up too. Good move to add the gold power glove, as well. Reigns needs something to get him through January before Mania season cranks up.

I do like how all three cell matches were different from each other. McIntyre/Orton needed the cell, Sasha/Bayley made it less stale and it felt worthy of the cell, and Reigns/Uso did NOT need it lol.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My son said Roman-Uso felt like they were trying to do a cinematic match without the cinematic elements. I'll say this, their first match was way too long as well. I'm digging the drama but did this need to be 30-40 minutes? Hell fuckin no. Especially at the pace they're setting.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Oddly enough, with the longer matches, this PPV didn't seem like a chore to get through, felt like it was on for a couple of hours.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oddly enough, with the longer matches, this PPV didn't seem like a chore to get through, felt like it was on for a couple of hours.
    Good, because it was lol.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Thought it was three hours or so

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought it was three hours or so
    I honestly don't remember. I just know it wasn't dragging.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    My son said Roman-Uso felt like they were trying to do a cinematic match without the cinematic elements. I'll say this, their first match was way too long as well. I'm digging the drama but did this need to be 30-40 minutes? Hell fuckin no. Especially at the pace they're setting.
    This show was really overbooked. You've got 3 blood feuds, all in the Cell and going way longer than they needed to be. All three of them could have been main events on their own, so it felt like overkill.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    But if there was only one cell match, people would complain they could have used more.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    This show was really overbooked. You've got 3 blood feuds, all in the Cell and going way longer than they needed to be. All three of them could have been main events on their own, so it felt like overkill.
    Banks-Bayley was the only match I felt didn't drag ass in the cell. I also didn't feel like any of the matches in the Cell needed it. Orton-Drew, this should have been over at the last show. Uso-Reigns, zero reason for a Cell. Bayley-Sasha, maybe but they just broke up a few weeks ago. At least for the most part they all delivered.

I thought the WWE had a great string of ppvs in a row and this one did not live up to the expectations I had but going into it I wasn't really that thrilled with the show.

No Asuka, AJ Styles, Riddle, KO, Black, Daniel Bryan=fucking dumb.

But if there was only one cell match, people would complain they could have used more.
    I disagree. I think people would welcome 1 cell match and the ppv called something else lol. I hate that they have to try and jam a feud into the Cell that doesn't require it.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What I think they should do is have, during the non Big 4 PPV months, is have two PPVs, one for each brand. So this month you get Hell in a Cell RAW, and Hell in a Cell Smackdown. This way you get some of the lower card guys getting a chance to be on a PPV. So many deserving guys. Have one Cell match each of those PPVs, maybe 2 if you want to include Bayley and Banks, and maybe Asuka against herself, I don't know if RAW has any worthy challengers.

Make these PPVs 2 hours long, like the old IYH PPVs. 7 - 8 matches, nothing longer than 15 minutes.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Orton is champion again ahahahaa

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    I would absolutely back any VHS hiring if he promised to stop the shitty camera cuts. They are absolutely atrocious.

There was a bit where Sasha was hitting Bayley over and over with the kendo stick and they cut to a different angle every single swing, it wasn't a paused swing either it was quick swings, like every half a second. In the end they ended up kind of missing every swing slightly and then went all dizzy at the end.

Its proper, proper shit and totally unnecessary.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Orton is champion again ahahahaa
    I'm not that negative to it mainly because I don't even remember most of his reigns. He's been nailing it the last 2-3 years though so I can't deny him.

I was more disturbed by his push a few years ago where he won the Rumble and beat Wyatt for the title than I was of last night.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I haven’t watched this company regularly since Goldberg beat KO. I followed for a couple months beforeMania 35 since I was going to that show, haven’t seen a full show since.

Randyo Orton is a boring ass wrestler who has worked some of the absolute most boring wrestlemania matches. If they’re doing all this just to get us to Orton/edge at Mania...yikes

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only substantial fault Orton has had in 2020 is that they didn't capitalize on his momentum, which he clearly had, with a title win sooner than they inevitably did.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah, that 40-minute walk and punch match at wrestlemania was truly a highlight of the year

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    I would absolutely back any VHS hiring if he promised to stop the shitty camera cuts. They are absolutely atrocious.

There was a bit where Sasha was hitting Bayley over and over with the kendo stick and they cut to a different angle every single swing, it wasn't a paused swing either it was quick swings, like every half a second. In the end they ended up kind of missing every swing slightly and then went all dizzy at the end.

Its proper, proper shit and totally unnecessary.
    I agree with the sentiment, VHS is still a turd though.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You’ll watch the camera cuts and you’ll fucking like it

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that 40-minute walk and punch match at wrestlemania was truly a highlight of the year
    Was a swing and a miss but I think I put that more on Edge. He seems defensive about the match, which I understand, but I think it's also because he played a substantial role in producing it.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Mania match sucked nuts but their Payback match was real good. I've got no interest in seeing them go at it again, though. Orton can lose to Lee and Edge can go to SmackDown and feud with Black (after Black gets elevated by them giving a crap and doing something meaningful with him).

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Was a swing and a miss but I think I put that more on Edge. He seems defensive about the match, which I understand, but I think it's also because he played a substantial role in producing it.
    im just fuckin with ya anyway. I think Orton is a total bore but I also don’t watch the product, so it doesn’t really bother me in any way. I think it’s ridiculous that they gave Orton another world title tho that’s absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    The Mania match sucked nuts but their Payback match was real good. I've got no interest in seeing them go at it again, thoguh.
    I liked that one actually. I think that’s the last wwe match I saw this year.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im just fuckin with ya anyway. I think Orton is a total bore but I also don’t watch the product, so it doesn’t really bother me in any way. I think it’s ridiculous that they gave Orton another world title tho that’s absurd.
    He was a huge breath of fresh air in the early part of this year, both in the ring and on the mic. I forgot about Payback but that match was really wonderful.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone else get the impression that Reigns messed up the promo on Smackdown when he told Uso the stipulation was being kicked out of the family if he lost? It seemed that he was supposed to say the stipulation was you'll be my slave and if you don't be my slave you're kicked out of the family. Glad Heyman cleared it up.

Reigns/Uso was the best story of the night. Loved seing the Wild Samoans, but they don't look the same without a bone in their hair. Even at that advanced age, those two guys still scare me.

Congrats to Sasha and Bayley for the match of the night.

Miz deserves the MITB contract more than Otis.

Randy's work has been great and I have no problem with him winning this time. I hope McIntrye gets another run at the title, but in front of an actual crowd.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Did anyone else get the impression that Reigns messed up the promo on Smackdown when he told Uso the stipulation was being kicked out of the family if he lost? It seemed that he was supposed to say the stipulation was you'll be my slave and if you don't be my slave you're kicked out of the family. Glad Heyman cleared it up.
    I'm more inclined to think Vince/WWE changed their mind at the last minute and had Heyman quick do the interview to change the consequences. The video package for the match still had the "you're out of the family" part highlighted.
    Last edited by mth; October 27th, 2020 at 9:55 AM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so now we only need to get wade barret back in the ring, challenge Orton, and Miz can cash in again

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    The only substantial fault Orton has had in 2020 is that they didn't capitalize on his momentum, which he clearly had, with a title win sooner than they inevitably did.
    I agree. I think honestly Orton should have won back at Summerslam and then Drew could have recaptured it at HIAC. I am intrigued with the direction they are going now though.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to post this...

Meltzer Ratings:
    Reigns vs Uso: 3.5
    Elias vs Hardy: 1.0
    Miz vs Otis: 2.0
    Banks vs Bayley: 4.25
    Lashley vs Slapjack: 0.5