Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWE Draft (2020)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WWE Draft (2020)

This was announced to take place over two nights. The first night will be October 9 on Smackdown and it will conclude on the October 12 edition of Raw.

Here are my three questions:

1. Do you want to see NXT lose people and draft people?
    Showing how I view the two other brands...
    2. Who are you hoping is drafted from Raw to Smackdown?
    3. Who are you hoping is NOT drafted from Smackdown to Raw?

I had the wording for 2 and 3 due to the fact that Raw is showing itself to be a brand that might have characters fall by the wayside or fall into storylines that might be flimsy. Reigns might have had an astute observation in the two brands while also tooting his own horn.

"We got a bunch of fast food fans and they complain that they want stories and well thought out stories to develop. When you start doing that for them, they want it all now. My people, I'm cooking a steak. We're creating an elaborate omelet and we're in the process of cracking eggs right now. You're not going to get it quite yet. We're gonna let the steaks stay on the grill. If you want your cheeseburger, watch Raw. SmackDown, we do filet mignon."

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the case of Retibution, it’s like putting a frozen stone cold turkey in the oven and getting bored waiting for it to cook.

The bits we have got are still stone cold.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I just want Strowman to be on RAW, as I feel like he and McIntyre can have a great program together. Plus RAW is the better show, and that's where the best deserve to be.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I reckon AJ will be going back to Raw

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    I reckon AJ will be going back to Raw
    Makes sense, with his rumored issues with Paul Heyman.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If someone massive was going to NXT, I'd almost be willing to say it would be Styles.

Bagel
    I'd like to see Jeff Hardy in NXT. Get him away from Corbin, Sheamus, Styles and Zayn and work some fresh feuds.
    Crews and Ricochet to SD to be done with Hurt Biz feud.

Corbin in the same crate to OVW that Spirit Squad was shipped back in the day.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagel View Post

Corbin in the same crate to OVW that Spirit Squad was shipped back in the day.
    But then how would I get to see the glory that is King Corbin every week? Does OVW have a TV show?

Bagel
    He could be given his own video blog on the Network for $9.99 a month, document his travels in said crate. I'd watch that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I really don't want to see the World and Universal champs switch shows. The World Title should always be on Raw.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want Otis on a brand with a champion he can successfully cash in on

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Face Strowman moves from RAW to Smackdown! to feud with a heel Roman Reigns sounds pretty good to me.

Do that.

Also, AJ Styles to RAW from Smackdown! to feud with Drew Mac over the World Title. World class matches.

Do that.

Anything else, I don't really care. We'll just see who goes where.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait for it, folks...

Smackdown. Underground.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roman or the Uso's will no longer be on the same show.

I kind of hope Bayley ends up on a different show from Sasha, so she can duck her former best friend until Sasha wins the Rumble.

Andrade and Garza need to be on different shows.

Since Rollins calls himself the Monday Night Messiah, he will probably get sent to Smackdown.

Otis will try to get sent to Raw, to be back with Mandy, but immediately after, Mandy will get sent back to Smackdown.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They better not fuck with The Hurt Business

Cena Era Fanbase
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely can see Sasha and Bayley being separated for the time being, like 3puppies said, until Sasha wins the Rumble, then finding a way to change Bayley for the title at Mania.

I'd like to see The New Day moved to Raw, meanwhile the Hurt Business gets moved to SmackDown. Retribution stays on Raw, and perhaps... possibly... Undisputed Era finally hits the main roster, being put on Smackdown.

AJ moves to Raw, Rollins goes to SmackDown... we get a Bryan/Rollins feud by Mania.

Strowman goes back to Raw, Heavy Machinery gets moved to Raw, Miz goes to Raw, Morrison stays on Smackdown.

Aleister getting moved to Smackdown could be good for him. He's been an afterthought on Raw, SD could be a better spot for him.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Hurt Business vs The Undisputed Era yes please

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heavy Machinery won't be going to RAW because they are keeping Otis and Mandy apart.

Its more likely that Undisputed Era goes directly to RAW

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Face Strowman moves from RAW to Smackdown! to feud with a heel Roman Reigns sounds pretty good to me.

Do that.

Also, AJ Styles to RAW from Smackdown! to feud with Drew Mac over the World Title. World class matches.

Do that.

Anything else, I don't really care. We'll just see who goes where.
    Strowman is already on Smackdown

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's been on RAW for almost a month.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    He's been on RAW for almost a month.
    I was going to say... wasn't he just on RAW Underground beating up that big dude, Chad Bonzo or whatever his fucking name is?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada

Draft picks, my guesses:

To RAW:

1) Braun Strowman
    2) Big E
    3) AJ Styles
    4) Sasha Banks

Numbers 1-3 are the next face challengers for the mega heel Orton, who holds the strap from HIAC to Mania, where he puts over Keith Lee. Number 4 is done simply to separate Sasha/Bayley until Mania.

To Smackdown:

1) Drew McIntyre
    2) Ricochet
    3) Dominick Mysterio
    4) Aleister Black
    5) Angel Garza
    6) Humberto Carrillo
    7) one or two women who can keep the uberheel champ Bayley fresh until Mania

Number one because after Roman/Bray, there isn’t a whole lot of room left in the main event; Drew would be a legitimate third member in that trio. Numbers 2-6 because they risk getting lost in the entertainment/main event heavy RAW, would make fresh new additions to the more wrestling oriented Smackdown midcard/IC title scene. Number 7 because obviously; as much as I’d love Bayley to ultimately drop her strap to a deserving up-and-comer, we all know it will be either Sasha or Charlotte at Mania who get the unnecessary additional rub.

Terrible at Sudoku
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do actually, I think it's time for some to move on. Guys like Gargano, LeRae, Ciampa, Shirai.... I think they'd all be really nice additions to either of the main rosters and have had some good lengthy runs on the black and gold. It'd be hard to see if they didn't do anything solid with them. But I'm always unrealistically optimistic.

The Hurt Business might do even better on Smackdown than on RAW. Keep them separate from Retribution as I personally feel like it's run it's course. A black horseman stable there would be fantastic.

I think Ziggler and Roode should be separated and maybe one head off, but they both are in desperate need of a repackaging I think.

I'd also send Ricochet and Aleister Black over. I think I'd dig a Ricochet feud against Styles, Corbin, Sami Zayn.

Reigns, Usos, Sami Zayn, I'd really like Gulak to stay as well if they end up doing something with him, despite this 24/7 stuff going on.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's essentially already happened but I would keep Strowman on Raw. He served his purpose on Smackdown and while he may fiddle around and be wasted again by the end of the draft cycle, he's got fresher people to work with on Raw. I'd move Styles back to Raw. Heyman issues and football Fridays make sense to have him back on Raw. I'm of two minds with two "prospects". I think Reigns is going to suck up the entire gravity of the main division so I doubt you can afford to have two guys who have promising upside on Smackdown. If I have to pick, I move Riddle to Raw and leave Big E on Smackdown. I decide between Corbin and Sheamus, so I'm guessing Sheamus moves to Raw. For a big women's move, I'd move Sasha to Raw. I'd tease Bayley and Sasha not getting a finish so you play/pay that off with Sasha winning the Rumble and getting Bayley at Mania.

I would move Owens firmly over to Smackdown. I don't think he's really gotten worthwhile attention on Raw since Mania and his old rival is doing good things on the blue brand. I would move Shayna to Smackdown as well. This is only in principle but once Shayna and Nia lose the titles, I'd have Shayna work with a fresh slate on Smackdown. One of Peyton or Billie need to move to Smackdown for a clean break. Part of me wonders if the final break of Rollins and Murphy means we'll get one of them on Smackdown. It'd make sense to have Murphy go and just drop everything altogether but you'd get a stacked Smackdown if you moved Rollins over. Ricochet may be an utter lost cause. He probably just needs to go back to NXT (like Ember did) but if not, might as well move him to Smackdown and hope that helps.

Raw:
    Strowman
    Styles
    Riddle
    Sheamus
    Sasha

Smackdown:
    Owens
    Baszler
    One of the IIconics
    Murphy or Rollins
    Ricochet

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw that there are rumblings Johnny Gargano and Candace LeRae might be getting drafted from NXT.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    This was announced to take place over two nights. The first night will be October 9 on Smackdown and it will conclude on the October 12 edition of Raw.

Here are my three questions:

Showing how I view the two other brands...

I had the wording for 2 and 3 due to the fact that Raw is showing itself to be a brand that might have characters fall by the wayside or fall into storylines that might be flimsy. Reigns might have had an astute observation in the two brands while also tooting his own horn.

"We got a bunch of fast food fans and they complain that they want stories and well thought out stories to develop. When you start doing that for them, they want it all now. My people, I'm cooking a steak. We're creating an elaborate omelet and we're in the process of cracking eggs right now. You're not going to get it quite yet. We're gonna let the steaks stay on the grill. If you want your cheeseburger, watch Raw. SmackDown, we do filet mignon."
    Ahhhh so is that why Roman v. Corbin lasted forever and killed half of Smackdown's viewing audience BEFORE the pandemic hit hard?

But I do get what he's saying IF A STORY IS GOOD. For example, I was feeling this Roman heel turn but now we're getting ANOTHER Reigns v. Uso match? After Uso was fucking dominated like a bitch? They do filet mignon but that shit must be a vegan version.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw that there are rumblings Johnny Gargano and Candace LeRae might be getting drafted from NXT.
    A packaged deal really seems like the only scenario where I would see either of them moving off NXT. There's something to be said with them leaving if they were. The power couple mission statement probably doesn't have the same ceiling on either Raw or Smackdown, but they can be serviceable as an annoying couple on TV. That probably lowers their ceiling but NXT talent going to the main roster can't be expected to have a high ceiling and be booked consistently at this point.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Johnny did say, "We'll have to think bigger" in their post TakeOver interview. Shame there's not a midcard Women's title other than the tag belts as Johnny as US/IC champ and Candace with the equivalent would be just right. I'd really just prefer they stay on NXT but actually succeed in their championship pursuits because they are..well, gold, and it'd be terrific to have them with titles ramping up their dorky asshole shit to the next level.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's your info drop:
    WWE Draft rules and Superstar pools set for 2020 edition

The WWE Draft will get underway this Friday, Oct. 9 on SmackDown and conclude Monday, Oct. 12 on Raw. WWE Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon will once again preside over both nights of selections.

The rules and Superstar pools have now been finalized for the 2020 WWE Draft and can be found below:

Over 60 Male Superstars, Female Superstars and Tag Teams have been placed into the 2020 WWE Draft.

More than 20 Superstars are eligible to be drafted on Friday night and more than 30 Superstars are eligible to be drafted on Monday night.

Due to the length of each show, for every two picks that SmackDown selects, Raw will get three picks.

Tag Teams will count as one pick unless FOX or USA Network, in conjunction with WWE Officials, wants to pick one Superstar from the team.

Any undrafted Superstars will immediately be declared free agents and able to sign with the brand of their choosing.

WWE Superstars have been split into eligible pools for the Friday and Monday episodes of the WWE Draft. Here is the breakdown of who is available for selection each night:

FRIDAY

Asuka

Sasha Banks

Bianca Belair

Dana Brooke

Humberto Carrillo

Elias

Angel Garza

Drew Gulak

Heavy Machinery (Otis & Tucker)

The Hurt Business (Bobby Lashley, Shelton Benjamin, Cedric Alexander and MVP)

Mickie James

Lucha House Party (Kalisto, Gran Metalik and Lince Dorado)

Drew McIntyre

Murphy

Rey & Dominik Mysterio

Naomi

The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods)

Roman Reigns

Ricochet

Seth Rollins

Mandy Rose

Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax

Shorty G

AJ Styles

Jey Uso

MONDAY

Andrade

Bayley

Aleister Black

Alexa Bliss

Daniel Bryan

Carmella

King Corbin

Apollo Crews

Nikki Cross

Dabba-Kato

Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode

Erik (of The Viking Raiders)

Lacey Evans

Charlotte Flair

Jeff Hardy

Billie Kay

Lana

Keith Lee

The Miz & John Morrison

Riddick Moss

Natalya

Titus O’Neil

Randy Orton

Kevin Owens

R-Truth

RETRIBUTION (Mustafa Ali, T-BAR, MACE, SLAPJACK, RECKONING & RETALIATION)

Matt Riddle

The Riott Squad (Ruby Riott & Liv Morgan)

Peyton Royce

Arturo Ruas

Sheamus

Shinsuke Nakamura & Cesaro

The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford)

Braun Strowman

Tamina

Akira Tozawa

Zelina Vega

Bray Wyatt

Sami Zayn

Don’t miss this WWE Draft on Friday, Oct. 9 at 8/7 C on FOX and Monday, Oct. 12 at 8/7 C on USA Network to see where your favorite Superstars are headed.
    Looks like NXT has dodged the draft.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They are just gonna book people on the other shows regardless so what does it matter? This whole thing is shit. I miss the days of brand only PPVs. Then when they had a Royal Rumble or Wrestlemania or Survivor Series it was fucking exciting to see the two brands interact. Now, what difference does it make when a Smackdown guy like Bran Strowman shows up on RAW anyway and they give a weak reason for him being there that they get certain amount of appearances on the other brand or some thing.

This is all just a shitty marketing ploy to pop ratings and I'm not going to fucking watch.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup. I certainly don't care. Asuka was all over RAW and SD earlier in the year, KO is a RAW guy feuding with a SD guy in Wyatt and both have been on the other show, Strowman is an SD who's been on RAW for a month for no reason, Dana Brooke moved for no reason, Mandy got moved because The Miz(?), Gulak is an SD guy appearing regularly on RAW now for no reason. Brand split means nothing so the draft means nothing. I think the only moves that are actually worth any kind of meaning are Rollins and Reigns because they've actually been established as the pillar of their brand. Everyone else, who cares.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's frustrating because WWE has the ability to make the best wrestling show on Earth, but they make stupid rules and decisions and it's just head-scratching. You could say COVID is hindering a lot, and perhaps it is, but stupidity was around long before this pandemic.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Braun Strowman's booking is baffling to me. Every year the WWE impress with ways of fucking the guy over sooner than later. Explain to me why he's on Raw now? The fact neither Strowman or Fiend have came after Roman is the most absurd shit ever. Fiend is a little more forgiving with how they book him but still, Strowman going to Raw with no explain as mth said....another example of weird booking that just makes no sense with Strowman.

Strowman will get drafted to Raw and they'll forget about what happened with him, Roman, and Fiend until after Mania. That way when Roman goes over Rock he'll keep that momentum going and beat Strowman once and for all in a loser leaves WWE match.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You think the Rock is coming back? Can't see that happening while the pandemic is on.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    You think the Rock is coming back? Can't see that happening while the pandemic is on.
    I think it's possible. He did an interview within the last couple weeks talking about he would love to wrestle Roman Reigns. This whole storyline of Roman being the tribal chief of the Samoan family, claiming he's the reason the family eats and that he's the one at the head of the table.

Obviously this is just me being hopeful, doing a little fantasy booking, but it if they can make it happen it would be pretty sweet. I mean, we know it wouldn't be going down at TLC in December and who knows where we will be in late March early April 2021.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh it would be a great storyline that makes absolute sense, just not sure Rock comes back without crowds and stadiums.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Oh it would be a great storyline that makes absolute sense, just not sure Rock comes back without crowds and stadiums.
    Yeah but Florida opened to full capacticty didn't it, the idiots. So Vinnie Mac is going to get his precious Wrestlemania in front of crowds.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Yeah but Florida opened to full capacticty didn't it, the idiots. So Vinnie Mac is going to get his precious Wrestlemania in front of crowds.
    I'm not sure if The Rock cares if there are people there or not. We can't forget about one of the most memorable matches in wrestling, Halftime Heat, where he fought Mankind in front of zero fans in an empty arena match. So he's been down this road and made it legendary. By Mania we will more than likely be back in action, it's 6 months away and we're already having fans coming in to other arenas and sporting events as we speak.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That sucks, I've been enjoying the past 7 months of not hearing CM Punk chants and What chants!

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much would you freak out if Punk came back and went over Strowman @Donald ?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CM Punk should've been part of Raw Underground.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    How much would you freak out if Punk came back and went over Strowman @Donald ?
    I still like Strowman, but have soured on him greatly. I no longer think he's wrestling's savior. He should never have shaved off his hair, that was a badass look and now he just looks generic.

However, CM Punk is an idiot, and I would take great glee in seeing Strowman squash him like the bug he is. If the reverse outcome came, I might break down and cry.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That isn't Strowman's fault though - WWE booked him like shit. Remember when he jobbed to Brock after ONE F5? So dumb.

That was the time to give him the win. No Mercy 2017 was a crazy PPV.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They only gave Strowman this title run because they were fucked when Reigns decided to take time off. Not blaming Reigns of course as he was perfectly entitled to do so and didn’t want to risk himself.

I don’t mind the new look as much as Donald does lol but will agree with him that they had the opportunity to push Strowman when he was much hotter than he was and that Brock shit really buried him. At least this potential Lee program looks interesting and the spectacle could be great with them knocking the ever loving shit out of each other.

Plus Punk is a twat, do not care if he comes back or not.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just seems like WWE views Strowman as a luxury and not a priority.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    His championship reign was lackluster and I think that's due to lack of crowds. But then again if the pandemic never happened then Strowman would never have been champion. Still, would have preferred Strowman toppling the Fiend as that would give him much needed credibility, and Reigns and Strowman have had epic feuds before, a feud over the title with a face Strowman and a heel Reigns would have been something.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at the roster as a whole is such a reminder of how WWE has missed opportunity after opportunity w/ so many talented wrestlers. As long as they've been on the roster, it doesn't feel like many of them had had a lasting affect or legacy at all because of WWE's terrible booking.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    WWE only seems to care about their champions and their programs. Everything else they just don't care. Remember in the 90s when everyone seemingly was a star? Not on the level of Austin or the Rock, but man you'd get excited for a match between Al Snow and Meat, and the crowds were hot for it. Now a match between AJ Styles and Cesaro will have the fans sitting there in silence.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE only seems to care about their champions and their programs. Everything else they just don't care. Remember in the 90s when everyone seemingly was a star? Not on the level of Austin or the Rock, but man you'd get excited for a match between Al Snow and Meat, and the crowds were hot for it. Now a match between AJ Styles and Cesaro will have the fans sitting there in silence.
    They are virtual, so they would be in silence.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were the only person excited to see Meat lol.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meat was funny comic relief at least, running into stuff while trying to attack lol.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I’m on record as being a huge Strowman mark; he’s definitely worth a follow on Instagram, Adam Scherr actually has quite the personality.

It really feels like Strowman is falling into the Big Show trap and I fault the bookers/producers 100%: a huge dude, considerably bigger/stronger than almost everyone else, way more athletic than a man his size should be. If you book him as though wrestling is a legit sport, he goes unbeaten for very long periods of time. So the suits keep him in their back pocket for when they need to put somebody over; let Braun have a decent heel run, then he does the job for the up-and-coming face. Not that I blame Braun at all, who IIRC signed a massive extension earlier this year; he’s making real good money in the biggest wrestling organization in the world. I think he continues (is stuck?) on this career path unless Hollywood comes calling.

I feel bad for both Braun and Drew, their biggest career achievement (winning the top titles at WrestleMania) and no live crowds to enjoy it with.
    Last edited by Tyson; October 9th, 2020 at 8:05 PM.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm guessing Peyton Royce moves to Smackdown and gets a feud with Bayley to break up the Sasha Banks storyline. That one's not going to be done for a minute

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Night One:

SD
    Reigns
    Rollins
    Sasha
    Bianca
    Jey Uso
    Rey and Dominik Mysterio
    Big E
    Otis

Raw
    McIntyre
    Asuka
    Hurt Business
    Styles
    Naomi
    Shayna and Nia
    Ricochet
    Mandy
    Miz and Morrison
    Woods and Kingston
    Dana
    Garza

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Meat was funny comic relief at least, running into stuff while trying to attack lol.
    I would pop for a Planet Stasiak return. Best thing about Meat was the underwear tights. Once he went to WCW and came back he really started to get the laughs.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Why would you put the Smackdown tag titles on The New Day, only to immediately draft them to RAW?

We’re totally going to see The Street Profits get drafted to Smackdown on Monday, aren’t we...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know it. They've done this before. Corey goes: "Oh my God! What if RAW gets the IC and US Title's?!!!" and then they draft the other belt to the other show, lol.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rarely does a draft go by where all the champions stay on their own brand, gotta have that drama!
    Last edited by Badger; October 10th, 2020 at 11:37 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next phase of the draft:

- Carrillo to Raw
    - Murphy to SmackDown
    - Gulak to Raw
    - Kalisto to SmackDown
    - Tucker to Raw

Annoyed that the Mysterio/Rollins angle is just moving to a new brand. Heavy Machinery is no more.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Thought carillo was already on raw. Same with kalisto in smackdown

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought carillo was already on raw. Same with kalisto in smackdown
    They were, but they were in the pool to be drafted. That essentially means the brands wanted to keep them.

So the people who were in Friday's pool that weren't drafted:
    - Mickie James
    - Gran Metalik
    - Lince Dorado
    - Shorty G

They are free agents.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; October 10th, 2020 at 1:13 PM.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Main Event for Tucker then....WWE Main Event that is or an extra in Raw Underground.

Who knows about Shorty G but he’s been kinda messed about anyway.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Main Event for Tucker then....WWE Main Event that is or an extra in Raw Underground.

Who knows about Shorty G but he’s been kinda messed about anyway.
    The odds are looking like Tucker is eventually getting what I presumed when Mandy/Otis became a thing: a major afterthought.

Gable was a dark horse for me as the mystery person showing up that ultimately became Ember. Gable should be more than serviceable wherever he is but that clearly isn't the same stance taken by those on Raw and Smackdown. It'd probably be the case in NXT but I doubt he makes it back there.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was Kevin Owens prior to the draft in an interview

"I can only assume from the past that I'm going to switch. It almost gives me a new playground every year and a new set of people to work with. It kind of gives me a reset or a chance to rest, anyway. So far, I don't know if that's how it works, but every time we get to a draft, it feels like I'm due for a reset every time as a Superstar, as a character, as a whatever. It still feels that way to me this year. I hope I do go to SmackDown so I can hopefully start fresh on that side of things.

"I think it's that chance to hopefully get that opportunity to get a fresh start. I don't know what it is about me. I feel like I give it my all, I deliver every time I'm on the air, but for some reason, I feel like I always end up in a situation where I could always use a fresh start after a little while. I always try my best to do that, so it always helps to get a new platform. Here I am again one year later, and last year, I was so desperate to move to Raw and I got moved to Raw. Now, I'm pretty desperate to move to SmackDown because, for some reason, I don't feel like things are working out for me on Raw. Maybe it'll be better on SmackDown. But at this time last year, I didn't think things were working out for me on SmackDown and thought Raw was maybe the place."
    The rest of the interview is here
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...n-br-exclusive

Definitely sounds like a creatively gifted performer who is stifled. He also said that he was going to NXT last year when it was teased but it ultimately didn't come to fruition.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tucker is pretty good in the tag division - they should pair him up with Gable, who always has good matches.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smart moving to Seth to Smackdown and AJ to Raw.

I'm very very curious about New Day. SD Tag-titles to Raw, odd. Farewell match next week on SD? Hmm. Is this a truly soft "split", are they even split? Big E did not seem too high on the return of Kofi and X.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    New Day haven't been the same since they no longer feud with the greatest tag team of the past ten years, possibly of all time, FTR. It only makes sense to split them up.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Day haven't been the same since they no longer feud with the greatest tag team of the past ten years, possibly of all time, FTR. It only makes sense to split them up.
    lol. They are the greatest tag team of the past ten years, possibly of all time

I'd love to believe that there was thought put into New Day beating Nak and Cesaro and then getting drafted to Raw with the tag-team titles. Big E on his own is a must despite his name being total dogshit. We've seen just as dogshit headline multiple Mania's though (Triple H).

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So what you're saying is there is hope for Shorty G? Slammaster J and Sweet T must not have gotten the memo.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what you're saying is there is hope for Shorty G? Slammaster J and Sweet T must not have gotten the memo.
    There was hope for Shorty G until he cut his hair.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was hope for Shorty G until they started calling him Shorty G.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Metalik and Dorado to Raw.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The results said Flair drafted
    I assume that's charlotte?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Night Two:

SD
    Bayley
    Street Profits
    Bryan
    Owens
    Sullivan
    Corbin
    Zayn
    Nakamura & Cesaro
    Ziggler & Roode
    Crews
    Carmella
    Black
    Natalya
    Riott Squad

Raw
    The Fiend
    Orton
    Charlotte
    Strowman
    Riddle
    Hardy
    Retribution
    Lee
    Alexa
    Elias
    Lacey
    Sheamus
    Nikki
    R-Truth
    Dabba-Kato
    O'Neil
    Peyton
    Tozawa
    Lana
    Moss
    Ruas

Shorty G was drafted to Smackdown

Free Agents:
    Andrade
    Mickie
    Zelina
    Erik
    Billie
    Tamina

There's really not a lot there for depth in the women's division for the blue brand. SD does have a decent tag division. There's a path for Owens to be more relevant on Smackdown. He can feud with Zayn, which is always class, or he could be a transitional feud for Reigns before we get into Mania season. They probably need Bryan back ASAP.

Raw is the land of craziness with Raw Underground, Retribution, The Fiend, Strowman. There's a ton of women on Raw so Asuka has plenty of competition. With so many women on Raw, probably good to make the tag division a thing that's sustainable but who knows if that's actually going to be the case. I know Raw has an extra hour, but there's just a glut of people on that brand now. Good lord.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; October 13th, 2020 at 12:01 AM.

Terrible at Sudoku
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this appears to be their full roster right now:

RAW

• Men (22): Drew McIntyre (c, WWE), Bobby Lashley (c, United States), R-Truth (c, 24/7), AJ Styles, "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton, Braun Strowman, Matt Riddle, Jeff Hardy, Keith Lee, Ricochet, Elias, Sheamus, Angel Garza, Humberto Carillo, Drew Gulak, Tucker, Dabba-Kato, Titus O'Neil, Akira Tozawa, Riddick Moss, Arturo Ruas
    • Women (8): Asuka (c), Charlotte Flair, Naomi, Alexa Bliss, Lacey Evans, Nikki Cross, Peyton Royce, Lana
    • Men's tag teams/factions (5): The New Day (c), The Hurt Business, The Miz & John Morrison, Retribution, Lucha House Party
    • Women's tag teams (2): Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax (c), Mandy Rose & Dana Brooke

SmackDown

• Men (15): Roman Reigns (c, Universal), Sami Zayn (c, Intercontinental), Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan, Kevin Owens, Jey Uso, Big E, Aleister Black, Apollo Crews, Otis, Murphy, Kalisto, Lars Sullivan, King Corbin, Shorty G
    • Women (5): Bayley (c), Sasha Banks, Bianca Belair, Carmella, Natalya
    • Men's tag teams (4): The Street Profits (c), Cesaro & Shinsuke Nakamura, Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode, Rey & Dominik Mysterio
    • Women's tag teams (1): The Riott Squad

Undrafted

• Andrade, Erik, Billie Kay, Mickie James, Tamina, Zelina Vega

• The whole idea of being Undrafted is batshit stupid. It must seem like such a slap in the face. I'd imagine Andrade/Zelina being here will lead to a reunion or storyline of sorts given how talented they both are - but I don't understand how this can be taken as a positive to any of the other talent.
    • I know the women's division looks relatively light but I think SD may end up having a higher quality consistency of matches between the females they have there
    • Really surprised we didn't have NXT members in the draft given how much they're touted as a third brand and how much exposure they've had at Survivor Series last year and Royal Rumble this year
    • I think SD needs more gents on it, but the tag teams they have there like Cesaro/Shinsuke, Ziggler/Roode and Rey/Dominik means that their men's roster with the excepion of Crews, Otis and Sullivan could actually be incredible.
    • SD's upper card actually looks friggin' stacked. Not quite sure how Big E breaks out anymore - would still love to see it happen.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the Street Profits and the New Day just swap belts? 50/50 booking!

At first glance SD does seem a bit light but really not all that surprising considering Raw being 3 hours they get more and better picks like in that confusing 3 picks 2 picks system they used last draft. There’s definitely potential on SD though as they usually work better with what they have and not jam in so much filler crap to make up time like what generally happens on Raw.

Still think drafts are stupid though or at least executed poorly recently. At least the FOX and USA executives pretending to be excited and gutted about picks last time in their “war rooms“ was amusing to watch rather than Steph yelling out names.
    Last edited by Badger; October 13th, 2020 at 5:27 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They announced Erik is staying on Raw. Tamina, Billie, and Zelina are going to Smackdown. Andrade and Mickie are the two still left accounted for.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So with an already a loosely enforced roster separation about half a dozen people actually move (with only a couple of those moves actually mattering) and the vast majority of draft picks are people staying on the show they're already on. WWE HAS BEEN SHAKEN TO ITS CORE. So glad NXT was exempt from this.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    They announced Erik is staying on Raw. Tamina, Billie, and Zelina are going to Smackdown. Andrade and Mickie are the two still left accounted for.
    The last two are apparently going to Raw.

So with an already a loosely enforced roster separation about half a dozen people actually move (with only a couple of those moves actually mattering) and the vast majority of draft picks are people staying on the show they're already on. WWE HAS BEEN SHAKEN TO ITS CORE. So glad NXT was exempt from this.
    The draft was one of the few things WWE had left they established that was there as a short-term boost to help increase ratings but they've done a wonderful job of watering it down.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And to really hammer home that this draft means something...we're gonna have multiple guys who were drafted to RAW appear on SmackDown this week! *facepalm*

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And to really hammer home that this draft means something...we're gonna have multiple guys who were drafted to RAW appear on SmackDown this week! *facepalm*
    In their defense this isn't exactly something new. Now if 2 weeks from now we see Fiend show up on Smackdown then we have a problem.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the Street Profits and the New Day just swap belts? 50/50 booking!

At first glance SD does seem a bit light but really not all that surprising considering Raw being 3 hours they get more and better picks like in that confusing 3 picks 2 picks system they used last draft. There’s definitely potential on SD though as they usually work better with what they have and not jam in so much filler crap to make up time like what generally happens on Raw.

Still think drafts are stupid though or at least executed poorly recently. At least the FOX and USA executives pretending to be excited and gutted about picks last time in their “war rooms“ was amusing to watch rather than Steph yelling out names.
    Yeah it just makes more sense to have the people actually responsible for picking be present and like I said, it gives it a more natural, realistic feel if one show picks say one half of a tag-team and the next pick is the other guy. Like the New Day picks.

Bagel
    They really should have just done the draft the night after HIAC, so most of the major feuds could end there. I liked some of the changes made but a lot of it become same shit/different show.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagel View Post
    They really should have just done the draft the night after HIAC, so most of the major feuds could end there. I liked some of the changes made but a lot of it become same shit/different show.
    I think the only "feud" they moved over would be the Rollins-Murphy-Mysterio stuff but we don't really know how they're going to approach that.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's the only one that might carry over.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why just announce one USO? Obviously spoiling that the other one is going to turn heel at HITC

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I think the only "feud" they moved over would be the Rollins-Murphy-Mysterio stuff but we don't really know how they're going to approach that.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's the only one that might carry over.
    There's the possibility that they continue KO/Aleister on SD

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also Joe? He not wrestling anymore? No surprises from nxt neither?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Why just announce one USO? Obviously spoiling that the other one is going to turn heel at HITC
    How many people that are injured were eligible?

Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    There's the possibility that they continue KO/Aleister on SD
    Maybe. I thought the end of their match seemed like a nail in the coffin but yeah who knows. That feud and the Rollins-Mysterio stuff needs to die but it seems like with Rey's daughter they opened up another 4-5 months worth.

Also Joe? He not wrestling anymore? No surprises from nxt neither?
    He just did an interview talking about how he was not retired or anything and he'd be back. I was shocked we didn't anyone from NXT. Refresh my memory, did we get anyone last year?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t remember about anything from the last draft apart from maybe AJ to Smackdown.

Yeah don’t think anyone was injured was drafted. What happened to Apollo Crews & Ricochet?

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Poor Andrade

Terrible at Sudoku
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t remember about anything from the last draft apart from maybe AJ to Smackdown.

Yeah don’t think anyone was injured was drafted. What happened to Apollo Crews & Ricochet?
    Crews to SD, Chet still RAW

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    Poor Andrade
    Andrade is a tough pill. He can go in the ring but what's his gimmick, really? That he can't talk or make himself at all interesting because he can't speak English? His pairing with Garza should have resulted in a brief tag run, but they instead teased the breakup too many times and it made everyone (Andrade, Garza, and Vega) all look worse after than before.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Angel Garza, in my opinion, is the much better talent.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Angel Garza, in my opinion, is the much better talent.
    And Santos Escobar is better than both of them.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'll agree with that.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andrade was perfectly fine until they started adding people. I personally liked him with Vega and saw no reason to split them up.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem with the group was there was dissension like two weeks into it. If you just had Zelina, Andrade, and Garza and they were united and booked strong, had a solid tag title run, you'd have something. But they were having issues almost as soon as they got together and then they added the completely out of place Austin Theory to the group for a bit, they were still losing and not getting along, and then the past few months they were falling apart and getting back together every other week. It was all just fumbled.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Austin Theory went from being with Andrade and company to being with Seth Rollins to being off TV in the span of a month. I thought a few years ago they said they wouldn't bring anyone up to the main roster unless they had a plan for them. History shows that's such a bullshit line haha.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I feel like they teased the break up 4-5 times so when the draft happened there really wasn't closure when they did split

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad they played up the dissension within LHP and we got a proper payoff to it. Oh wait...