User Tag List

Thread: Who Will End the Reign of the Two Woman Power Trip?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who Will End the Reign of the Two Woman Power Trip?

Now that the Golden Role Models rule the women's division, who will end their dominance? I don't have any ideas for the singles titles, but I think Liv and Ruby should be the ones to take the tag belts. It's the perfect ending to their reunion. What say the rest of you?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A torn quad.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    A torn quad.
    Nicely done!

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'll be lackluster. Yeah I'll be negative. I'm negative that they had Asuka lose like a bitch.

A torn quad....Funny, but a strong possibility in terms of an injury ruining it. They've played the long game with Bayley and Sasha. It's actually pretty brilliant when you condense their careers from debuting in NXT to the present. It's truly legendary for 2 women that are still young. Sasha is 28, Bayley is 31, that's ridiculous. If they can stay healthy, it could go for awhile and still be awesome. I don't know if I would try to take it all the way to Mania, that's a long ass time, but a break up that separates them for awhile is inevitable.

You just have to take the belts off them piece by piece. The problem is, where do you start? Too early for Sasha. If you take it off her at Summerslam or even before Survivor Series it just makes her look like a paper champion and that's been a big fucking negative with her main roster run. 5-6 title reigns, none of them lasted longer than a few weeks, maybe a month....

Then you have to figure out who is the babyface. You can't play heel v. heel, they're straight up heels there's no middle ground. Bayley's a better babyface imo but I think she still needs time to keep going as a heel because it's been pretty damn good. The WWE SUCK at writing babyface promos so that's a big reason they need to fucking stop scripting, they just make their babyfaces come across as some 1950's bullshit v. the heels who are way more modern.

One last thing then I'm done. Do you have a winner takes all match or take the belts off them piece by piece? Winner takes all, with the winner relinquishing the other titles and keeping one would work I think and make that person a big babyface. If they keep them all and choose a new partner, could be mega heat.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they make is past the pandemic as champs it will be whoever is hot at the moment with the crowd, probably Rhea or a returning Charlotte since they have difficulties building anyone thats not in the 4 HW.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do they have two women from Canada available?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they will play this out for a long while, let's say almost another year (heck, it will be that long before we get live crowds back anyway). So Charlotte will come back from her injury and demand her rightful place as queen. But she will be denied because Bayley and Sasha together will be too much for any one person, regardless as to how good they are. So Charlotte will say fine, I will have to get a partner. And she will come back with a returning Becky Lynch.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Charlotte Flair and her returning partner... "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey!!!

I know Ronda's basically done with wrestling. But WWE is so desperate to pop a good rating, they'll back the Brinks Truck up to her house to get her to come back.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as the tag belts go, I could see Ruby/Liv getting it done potentially but what I'd really like is for it to be an NXT team. The belts can be defended on all three brands but no one would ever expect a rookie team to get the upset but if they did, it makes that fact means something, it makes NXT more of a "must-watch" show, and it immediately raises the stock of the women that do it.

As for the RAW/SD Women's titles: Asuka gets the RAW one back and Naomi gets the SD one.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    As far as the tag belts go, I could see Ruby/Liv getting it done potentially but what I'd really like is for it to be an NXT team. The belts can be defended on all three brands but no one would ever expect a rookie team to get the upset but if they did, it makes that fact means something, it makes NXT more of a "must-watch" show, and it immediately raises the stock of the women that do it.

As for the RAW/SD Women's titles: Asuka gets the RAW one back and Naomi gets the SD one.
    Which two women from NXT then? I have an answer, but I'm curious to hear yours.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Which two women from NXT then? I have an answer, but I'm curious to hear yours.
    I was rooting for Tegan/Shotzi a few weeks back. I'd want tit be someone of that nature: spunky, scrappy underdog babyfaces. Kacy Catanzaro/Kayden Carter would fit the bill nicely, as well.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was rooting for Tegan/Shotzi a few weeks back. I'd want tit be someone of that nature: spunky, scrappy underdog babyfaces. Kacy Catanzaro/Kayden Carter would fit the bill nicely, as well.
    It has to come of Bayley and Sasha to have my duo work (maybe not) but once that happens I'd zag and go with Dakota and Raquel. Those are two who can use the added exposure and ultimately become a team that's really formidable and can evolve as they get more time.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Whoever goes over Bayley is going to look like a million bucks, so I hope they use it on an up-and-comer who needs it like Alexa Bliss/Liv Morgan (I realize she’s on Raw)/Naomi. Unfortunately, they’ll end up wasting that high on a forced face run for Charlotte/Shayna.

I think Asuka takes the belt from Sasha, due to Bayley’s failed interference, leading to Sasha v Bayley.

So far as the tag titles, I really like the NXT idea. I haven’t been watching NXT, so I have no idea who; that would be quite the rub, taking the tag straps from the 2020 WWE MVPs.

Is Zelina Vega ever going to wrestle, because she’s pretty talented in the ring right?
    Last edited by Tyson; August 4th, 2020 at 11:39 PM.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has to come of Bayley and Sasha to have my duo work (maybe not) but once that happens I'd zag and go with Dakota and Raquel. Those are two who can use the added exposure and ultimately become a team that's really formidable and can evolve as they get more time.
    I had thought of them but don't really think a heel duo taking the belts from them is the right move unless it's in a multi-team match where they're stealing the win from a babyface team.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Whoever goes over Bayley is going to look like a million bucks, so I hope they use it on an up-and-comer who needs it like Alexa Bliss/Liv Morgan (I realize she’s on Raw)/Naomi. Unfortunately, they’ll end up wasting that high on a forced face run for Charlotte/Shayna.
    While I see the thinking, they’re on the verge of booking Bayley to look not as impressive. She lost to Kairi for no viable reason and now a potential No. 1 contender has to beat the SD champion to get a shot at the Raw champion. Huh?

I had thought of them but don't really think a heel duo taking the belts from them is the right move unless it's in a multi-team match where they're stealing the win from a babyface team.
    That’s why I think another team would have to take it off them initially or it could just be a face who costs them and Dakota/Raquel reap the rewards.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    While I see the thinking, they’re on the verge of booking Bayley to look not as impressive.
    I’m fine with Bayley taking a couple losses here and there, makes her look somewhat human.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bayley losing here and there, but not when it counts for anything, makes her continued long reign that much more impressive.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Magnifico!

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is probably too long-term but having them carry all the gold all the way til Mania then they lose them all?

Or alternatively one or both lose their singles titles at some point before Rumble but still on the same page until then. They work together for the most part but one eliminates the other (let’s say Bayley eliminates Sasha) then the fireworks for a Mania match between them really start.

I want this journey they’re on to continue for as long as possible either way really. Dissension starting at Summerslam would still seem early. They may be dominating and all over the place but they are genuinely entertaining so I don’t mind. Keep it going for now.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Bayley needs to keep the Smackdown Women’s Title until crowds return, for sure. Wasting the pop of a Liv/Alexa/Naomi finally ending Bayley’s title reign in front of developmental wrestlers would be an egregious error.

Bayley, in particular, and Sasha have been the company MVPs since Covid shut down live crowds, I’d be totally fine with the two belts storyline going through until Survivor Series...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what happens when you waste a briefcase