User Tag List

Thread: Your Greatest Moments In Gaming

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your Greatest Moments In Gaming

There may well have been a thread like this before but I couldn't find it and in any case I'm sure nobody will mind regaling us again.

What are the moments in gaming that have made you feel like top dog? Perhaps you scored an awesome goal on FIFA, or finally beat a game you'd had for 20 years, or unlocked a particularly difficult achievement.

Inspiring the thread is this goal I scored in Rocket League last week. I've attempted and even scored a few a bit like this before, but this is the first time I went up there with a degree of confidence that I knew what I was going for, and managed to hit it perfectly.

https://streamable.com/vtc61u (20 second ish clip)

GO.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being the 4th best defender in the world on FIFA Clubs obviously.

But I don't like to talk about it...

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Join our league you shit.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Having the opportunity to play FIFA at Stamford Bridge

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Getting the Platinum Trophy for Rock Band 2 by completing the Endless Setlist 2 on expert to get the Bladder of Steel award. Every base song in RB2 (84 of them) and you are not allowed to pause at all during it and obviously can't fail any. One accidental pause and you lose the trophy so you better make sure you have fresh batteries in the guitar. Takes over 6 hours and the difficulty just ramps up as you go along. I had played the game a ton, but I still practiced those end difficult songs a few times in the week before going for it. Truly my greatest gaming moment.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pabs that sounds like absolute hell. Your fingers must have been falling off.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    Getting the Platinum Trophy for Rock Band 2 by completing the Endless Setlist 2 on expert to get the Bladder of Steel award. Every base song in RB2 (84 of them) and you are not allowed to pause at all during it and obviously can't fail any. One accidental pause and you lose the trophy so you better make sure you have fresh batteries in the guitar. Takes over 6 hours and the difficulty just ramps up as you go along. I had played the game a ton, but I still practiced those end difficult songs a few times in the week before going for it. Truly my greatest gaming moment.
    Dam Pablo.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I beat Zombies Are My Neighbors. Took me a couple decades but it happened. I hang my hat on that.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I platinumed on Lego Marvel Avengers lols.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    Mental. The devs must have a sick sense of humour.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Buying a second disk drive to make Monkey Island less of a chore

Getting the Wyrmhero blade in FFXII (The fishing game was infintely more difficult than Yiazmat or Omega Mk XII)
    Catching the Hylian Loach in Ocarina of Time

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. Probably the time I crushed FF7. All materia, all weapons/equipment, all limit breaks. Every character at Lv. 99. Broken game clock. I'd say the only things I didn't do to make this a "complete" game was get every single item(I didn't bother with useless ones) and farm sources so I could max out everyone's stats. But I leveled all the materia multiple times to where I had two complete sets of Master Materia, plus the ones you get from defeating the WEAPONs.

Speaking of which, this was the first game I beat Ruby and Emerald. Ruby was a matter of having the right materia setup(some combination of W-Summon/Hades/Knights of the Round and Mime). I forced Cloud into Lucky 7's to defeat Emerald. Still had to blast him with limits and summons to defeat him afterward.

This was a massive accomplishment for me. So many damn hours of unlimited grinding. And then finally, I had the perfect save ready to go defeat Sephiroth with my maxed out party. I saved it for a night when I was dropping acid with friends, and then did the deed. I felt like a fucking god. Sephiroth was a cakewalk. I didn't even have to strategize around him to beat him. Was a great way to kick off the trip.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not quite to the same scale in Psycho but grinding to get Gold Chocobo, Knights of the Round and beating all the Weapons was a great feeling.

FF8 Omega Weapon was the bane of my life in the original game. Several years later the FF8 Remastered PS4 version and finally got to whoop his arse.

Maxing out all confidants and social stats in Persona 5 Royal, getting the bonus palace and defeating the final final boss.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The worst part is I later found out you could do it on expert with pauses and even failures I think and just do the complete run through on a lower difficulty. But for me I couldn’t imagine doing it twice.

But yes. It was stupidly difficult.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    My greatest moment might just be the collection I've gathered over the years. I have a NES, with box, the original bagging, paddles, cords and advertisements. It's in dam good shape too. Pretty much up the line I still have every system, all in working condition. I have too many games. Some still in boxes. Once Mav hits the age he can game we are going to hit it hard!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just won a game of Fall Guys with Beefy, Mikey and wardy cheering me on - immediately into the top 5 best moments.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    This is crazy...

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Getting jumped outside of the arcade after obliterating 2 dudes on the MK3 machine for an hour straight. I’m not sure if they were more angry about all the money the spent to get their asses kicked by me or if they were just mad about my trash talk, but when I walked out of the arcade they jumped me like a couple of angry losers

I used to dominate that MK3 machine at my local arcade. Def wanna get one someday.

god I miss arcades so much.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Beating family so bad at tetris, they made me start playing with the controller upside-down. And I still beat them.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWE View Post
    Beating family so bad at tetris, they made me start playing with the controller upside-down. And I still beat them.
    Probably would’ve been a greater victory if they made you play sober.

The Rosk
    Winning Division One with @Alex @Mikey Jones@BBF @Reech

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My greatest gamer moment was back in 1981, using a TRS-80 Model III computer, we had a Pac-Man clone, it was called SCARFMAN, with terrible low resolution graphics but it was still fun. The score would only display six digits (with 1 point per dot), but it wasn't long before teenage version of me mastered the game, and I scored over 1.2 million one afternoon before I was finally called up to dinner.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangers View Post
    Join our league you shit.
    I would but I kind of hate any form of competitive gaming right now even for fun. It stresses me out too much for nothing.

Not even the games themselves but people ringing, texting, knocking etc when playing, getting too hot whilst playing etc.

Shame as I would so batter you all 0-0 in every single game.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    Winning Division One with @Alex @Mikey Jones@BBF @Reech
    There's an underscore you prick, this is why the club died

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And that's crufts

Simon
    There is no such thing as 101% complete - some of the achievements will be false.

Simon
    My greatest achievement in gaming is consistently finishing among the top dogs in the FIFA league while retaining my dignity by not scoring cutbacks.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    As a spotty teenager, beating Golden Axe in the arcade on a single credit, as part of a two-player effort. The owners had cranked up the difficulty as well, only two lives and two energy bars available.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    A few friends and I used to run huge LAN parties in the late 90's/early 00's. 100-150 people, four days of nerds in halls stinking the place up. We were featured a few times in Australian gaming magazines. Good memories, mostly because I had hair back then.

Highlight of the actual gaming part of those was winning a first to 1000 "fragathon" playing on childm in Half Life. I won a top end mouse pad which I was deemed ineligible to receive as one of the event organisers. Not bitter.