Thread: Justice League: Release the 'Splitter Cut

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Accy View Post
    Spoilered for size
    I don't drink Gin but that victory drink looks mighty refreshing.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the dual scum rotating scum idea is good and Psycho proved it well with Turtles, rotating night kills yet other scum could still act. I think that’s the ideal blueprint tbh as keeps both sides active though the dual godfather twist was also good but purely due to lack of activity and circumstances was a hard one to pull off. Does need active players and a few key people missing from this one. Things like Rip were completely understandable and I know of Donald’s absence (which despite being scum, I did point out yet you bloody voted for him anyway town!!!l) Surprised at Jordo who was apparently active on FB according to TS but missed this. Hopefully just a one-off blip and he participates in future games.

Depending on what the next runner has in mind, maybe do something more traditional though if interest picks up again do dual scums again at that point.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I think the dual scum rotating scum idea is good and Psycho proved it well with Turtles, rotating night kills yet other scum could still act. I think that’s the ideal blueprint tbh as keeps both sides active though the dual godfather twist was also good but purely due to lack of activity and circumstances was a hard one to pull off. Does need active players and a few key people missing from this one. Things like Rip were completely understandable and I know of Donald’s absence (which despite being scum, I did point out yet you bloody voted for him anyway town!!!l) Surprised at Jordo who was apparently active on FB according to TS but missed this. Hopefully just a one-off blip and he participates in future games.

Depending on what the next runner has in mind, maybe do something more traditional though if interest picks up again do dual scums again at that point.
    I think a more traditional setup is definitely called for at this point. Probably a couple smaller games, too.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Anyone have any ideas for the next one?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HFR, if it makes you feel any better, I believed the threat of Nekron. I just thought your tunnel vision on that specific read was scummy.

I'm just glad I didn't have to feel bad about it by the end of it.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be up for another game.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hal Jordan, Green Lantern of Sector 2814
    Player: Mikey_Jones
    Role: Cop
    Notes: Each night, PM me the name of a character you’d like to investigate, and you will learn their alignment.
    You win if all scum are eliminated

Kilowog, Green Lantern of Sector 0674
    Player: Pablo Diablo
    Role: Odd Night Role Blocker
    Notes: On Odd numbered nights, PM me the name of a player you would like to block from using their ability.
    You win if all scum are eliminated.

Meadlux, Green Lantern of Sector 1176
    Player: Morrison
    Role: Doctor
    Notes: Each night, PM me the name of a character and you will protect them from death.

Tomar-Re, Green Lantern of Sector 2813
    Player: Donald
    Role: Watcher
    Notes: Each night, PM me the name of a character, and you will find out who targeted that player.

Zevonn Parzzx, Green Lantern of Sector 3590
    Player: The Diamond
    Role: Rookie
    Notes: You have no role at this time. But, if certain characters are killed, you may end up assuming their role.

El'Qa Sqa Zreenah, Green Lantern of Sector 3212
    Player: Bluegunn
    Role: Rookie
    Notes: You have no role at this time. But, if certain characters are killed, you may end up assuming their role.

Ch’p, Green Lantern of Sector 1014
    Player: TraXX
    Role: EN Tracker
    Notes: Each even night, PM me the name of a player and you will learn who they targeted that night

RRU-9-2, Green Lantern of Sector 0279
    Player: kangus
    Role: ON Tracker
    Notes: Each odd night, PM me the name of a player and you will learn who they targeted that night

Altin Ad’Ms, Green Lantern of Sector 2828
    Player: Jarrod
    Role: Even Night Role Blocker
    Notes: On Even numbered nights, PM me the name of a player you would like to block from using their ability.

M’Dahna, Green Lantern of Sector 2751
    Player: Jordo
    Role: Tree Stump
    Notes: At any point during a day phase, you may declare yourself as a Tree Stump. From there, all you can do is post, and nothing else. No voting, No dying.

Isamot Koll, Green Lantern of Sector 2682
    Player: Psycho
    Role: Double Voter (x2)
    Notes: Your vote counts as two votes. During two day phases, you may PM me in order to split your vote if you so desire.
    (Mod Notes, Vote will come across in Alien text)

Raker Qarrigat, Green Lantern of Sector 0038
    Player: Judas Iscariot
    Role: ON Bodyguard
    Notes: On an odd numbered night, you will PM me the name of a player, and you will protect them from certain night actions.

Rot Lop Fan, Green Lantern of Sector 0911
    Player: kdestiny
    Role: EN Bodyguard
    Notes: On an even numbered night, you will PM me the name of a player, and you will protect them from certain night actions.

Salaak, Green Lantern of Sector 1418
    Player: Fro
    Role: Lover
    Notes: On an even numbered night, you will PM me the name of a player. Your goal is to find your love, Lashorr.
    (Mod Notes: Lovers will have a kill the next Day Phase)

Lashorr, Green Lantern of Sector3453
    Player: Rip
    Role: Lover
    Notes: On an odd numbered night, you will PM me the name of a player. Your goal is to find your love, Salaak.
    (Mod Notes: Lovers will have a kill the next Day Phase)

Mogo, Green Lantern of Sector 2261
    Player: Stan Accy
    Role: The Setting
    Notes: You are a living planet. The battle rages on your surface. It will take 3 more votes to lynch you during the day phase.
    (Mod Nots: It’ll go down by one based on how many players remaining)

Arisia, Green Lantern of Sector 2815
    Player: CWE
    Role: Reviver
    Notes: Every three nights, you may revive one dead player.

Dex-Starr
    Player: virm
    Role: Godfather
    Notes: If a cop investigates you, you will appear town.
    Your Lantern Corp will win if the Green Lantern Corps is less than the remaining players.
    Chat: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/MRBjiFZX4nPSp

Atrocitus
    Player: Peter Griffin
    Role: Roleblocker
    Notes: On your Nights, you will be able to block a player from using their role.
    Your Lantern Corp will win if the Green Lantern Corps is less than the remaining players.

Zilius Zox
    Player: Badger
    Role: Townie
    Notes: You will carry out your mafia’s kills.

Sinestro
    Player: JP
    Role: Godfather/Mastermind
    Notes: When investigated, you will appear as a cop. You will also be granted access to the Red scum chat. You need them to survive in order to win the game. You cannot share with your fellow Yellow Lanterns that you have this info.

https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/pnWwydDi3PU

Arkillo
    Player: Mazer
    Role: Roleblocker
    Notes: On your Nights, you will be able to block a player from using their role.
    Chat: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/pnWwydDi3PU

Despotellis
    Player: BBF
    Role: Townie
    Notes: You will carry out your mafia’s kills.
    Chat: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/pnWwydDi3PU

Larfleez
    Player: HFR
    Role: Vigilante
    Notes: During two night phases, you may PM me the name of a player to take out.
    You win if you survive to the end of the game, and the Green Lantern Corps is decimated.

Nekron
    Player: Caito
    Role: Witch (x2)
    Notes: During two night phases, you may PM me the name of a player, and you will control their actions for the night.
    You win if you survive to the end of the game.
    Mod Notes: Cannot be tracked.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So T/S, when I tracked Caito on N4 did he deflect that to Fro? That's why I ended up with that information instead?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by TraXX View Post
    So T/S, when I tracked Caito on N4 did he deflect that to Fro? That's why I ended up with that information instead?
    Yes

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could’ve understood HFR’s kill if he could win with town killing scum and my bad for not being online to defend myself when questioned right before, but that win condition makes me feel worse.

Dude you killed me when you had the likes of CWE, Fro and Psycho to choose from?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    In write-up #4, a character called Orlan is mentioned but he wasn't in the game, unless I've missed something?

Had a mixed game - targeting both GF's back to back is crazy, but I turned it around with BBF and HFR

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It was probably a character I switched out early on.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Red scum chat:

https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/MRBjiFZX4nPSp

Multiple posts in there me getting drunk and cocky about not being picked up then kangus made me shit myself a bit when he picked up on the Mazer connection. Virm and me trying to get along too lol.

And once again sorry @kdestiny.
    Last edited by Badger; August 10th, 2020 at 4:34 PM.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I knew something was really weird with Caito, and that explains why he knew the roles he did. I was definitely confused because I thought Orlan was a character, and thematically, and coincidentally, the only character I could imagine being connected to Nekron was Arisia. If I knew Nekron was actually a proper character, that would have narrowed some shit down.

Great game, townies. Despite the help of power roles, those of you who were active played very well. You kept up conversation, used your roles well, and ultimately helped corner scum. This was a wonderful town performance, and I'm glad scum didn't come back for me after Morrison kept me alive the first night.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Red scum chat:

https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/MRBjiFZX4nPSp

Multiple posts in there me getting drunk and cocky about not being picked up then kangus made me shit myself a bit when he picked up on the Mazer connection. Virm and me trying to get along too lol.

And once again sorry @kdestiny.
    Starting to feel this is personal now.

No matter, I'll be the bigger man and will promise not to kill you the first opportunity I get.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, and I don’t know who Virm was trying to kill, but i directed the kill at Judas.

I knew pretty quickly that my best chance of surviving the game was to side with town if at all possible. And when I found you early TraXX, i knew no matter what to gain trust I needed to confirm your townage in the thread. I wasn’t sure who would pick up on the fact the whole Darkness thing happened and then I backed you.

When I found Virm later, I knew he had to be the last red scum, and I even asked TS if I could use Virm to kill Virm. He said no..., so I tried to figure out who could be yellow scum. Thought maybe I could just end the game. That’s why that phase took so long, I didn’t know which direction to go. I eventually settled on Judas, and clearly I was wrong. But it ultimately didn’t cost town.... or much more importantly ME in the end.

For what it’s worth, I never lied to you guys. I did miss putting in a role one night (N2) but otherwise I was quiet and reading and following in the background the whole time. Since my win condition was simply to survive, I didn’t want to draw any attention to myself. The only one who seemed really bothered by it was Diamond, and even then I could simply fly under the radar. The only time where I got worried was when someone ( either CWE or Mikey, can’t recall which) mentioned I was active in our Madden league WhatsApp thread. Then I thought I was gonna catch some grief, but that passed as well...

I will also admit to being just as confused as the rest of you when Darkseid was mentioned. I had to check my role PM and conditions and everything before I realized that it was complete flavor, and fortunately, a flavor nobody seemed to pay attention to or take seriously.

Either way, I’ll take being on the winning side.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh actually TraXX, I had no idea you tracked me there. That was pure coincidence. I simply told TS to target you, and I got a message saying pick someone to track.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    Starting to feel this is personal now.

No matter, I'll be the bigger man and will promise not to kill you the first opportunity I get.
    First time was pure accidental, second time being neutral and didn’t want to give Mazer away as could’ve won with scum. This time.....you were just so clear and can’t say much.

Thank you for not being vindictive though you have absolutely every right now.

Unless you’re definite info’ed scum next game with me town or if I’m scum and you have a plus power role, I promise I will stay the hell away from you next game. :heart;

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who was Virm trying to kill anyways that night?

Watch it be Judas anyways

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    Who was Virm trying to kill anyways that night?

Watch it be Judas anyways
    Stan.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if he even could’ve

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I continue to be impressed by how the Diamond and Bluegunn are playing. They're already good players, and going to continue to be bigger threats.

Strong performance by traxx as well.

Rajah's 3rd best PPV prognosticator, Jarrod, continues to speak out more and definitely helped town out as well.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh actually TraXX, I had no idea you tracked me there. That was pure coincidence. I simply told TS to target you, and I got a message saying pick someone to track.
    This bugged me for such a long time! Still put me on edge right until the end, which is why I tried tracking you again to see if something else happened.

Also, great call be Badger for pointing out the TraXX/tracker potential!

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This bugged me for such a long time! Still put me on edge right until the end, which is why I tried tracking you again to see if something else happened.

Pun power!

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, noticed that. By then you couldn’t have been able to see anything cuz I was out of chances....

Most of the time where I said “pick this guy” TS kept telling me they didn’t have a role. Which so kind of figured still helped me narrow ppl down, but then they all kept getting killed either that same night or the next anyways. So was almost useless even though it wasn’t intended to be.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    I continue to be impressed by how the Diamond and Bluegunn are playing. They're already good players, and going to continue to be bigger threats.

Strong performance by traxx as well.

Rajah's 3rd best PPV prognosticator, Jarrod, continues to speak out more and definitely helped town out as well.
    Ha, I'm certainly not in 3rd this year.

I've been trying to be more active. I had more fun at the end of FF so at the beginning of this game I promised myself I would post whatever popped in my brain. Made it a lot for fun for me.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Silver lining in Leonardo dying. Made Jarrod speak out for future games.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    Ha, I'm certainly not in 3rd this year.

I've been trying to be more active. I had more fun at the end of FF so at the beginning of this game I promised myself I would post whatever popped in my brain. Made it a lot for fun for me.
    timeframes and cut-offs are arbitrary. I'm number one since I started posting again, which is the only relevant date for that.

But overall, you were 2. Now you're 3. Badger's recent performance moves him up.

And also sets him up for another heartbreak.

Yeah, it is more fun to throw your theories out there and see what takes. Except for day 1. Those people are just ridiculous.

Intercontinental Champion Jitters's Avatar
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kinda dug my own grave by just not being decisive enough I think but tbh I did have doubts about Caito. I thought it was Fro who brought up you being active elsewhere?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Mazer means a lot I would be up for another game

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was somebody.... don’t remember. I know there was confusion about which Nfl thread, whether it was fantasy or Madden (I’m in 4 WhatsApp chats here with Rajah folks).

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Badger gets 1/2 credit for calling what I was crumbling at. JP loses 1/2 credit for not killing me and another 1/2 credit for saying that was stepping over the line on crumbling.

- - - Updated - - -

It was somebody.... don’t remember. I know there was confusion about which Nfl thread, whether it was fantasy or Madden (I’m in 4 WhatsApp chats here with Rajah folks).

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m still amazed that even with the darkness thing being mentioned, there wasn’t a full out panic over the whole Darkness thing. Because if you look at it, except for TraXX, everyone who was touched by Darkness, was dead either the next phase or in that one. Completely coincidental too.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    My final crumb was going to be forgiving Psycho or Kangus if they voted me after I revived them.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Each gamerunner needs to use a Smokey the Bear like chart to indicate risk of modkilling for breadcrumbing at the start of the game.

JP's would always read "Risk of modkilling for Breadcrumbs is VERY HIGH this game"

Psycho's would always read "Risk of Modkilling for Breadcrumbs is LOW this game"

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWE View Post
    Badger gets 1/2 credit for calling what I was crumbling at. JP loses 1/2 credit for not killing me and another 1/2 credit for saying that was stepping over the line on crumbling.

- - - Updated - - -

You definitely did not do anything breadcrumb explicit IMO and JP was maybe a bit harsh in his scum chat comments. You just quoted a bit saying "now there's a reviver give info town!" in your own way butyou didn't brrak the rules.

Psycho early kill was never an option as gussed town would be all over protevting him, If town wasn't looking at you so hard, would have had you killed earlier.
    Last edited by Badger; August 10th, 2020 at 7:06 PM.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I’m still amazed that even with the darkness thing being mentioned, there wasn’t a full out panic over the whole Darkness thing. Because if you look at it, except for TraXX, everyone who was touched by Darkness, was dead either the next phase or in that one. Completely coincidental too.
    I couldn't point out that i still though Nekron was a character AND act dumb so scum ignored me. Now could I? But yeah, you hinted at it hard.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I love how JP knew he had been blocked from killing Stan that last night (after reading chat) and still spun some gold at the end. I was pretty sure he was just straight up blocked. JP is dangerous because his words always make sense. I wanted to unvote but decided not to because I thought then he'd just keep selling me down the river and we were ahead enough to make a mistake.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post

Each gamerunner needs to use a Smokey the Bear like chart to indicate risk of modkilling for breadcrumbing at the start of the game.

JP's would always read "Risk of modkilling for Breadcrumbs is VERY HIGH this game"

Psycho's would always read "Risk of Modkilling for Breadcrumbs is LOW this game"
    "Hey guys."

X has been modkilled.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair to JP life initially stopped him from taking part the few days, even wondered myself if he was going to make it. If he was here from Day 1, he could have potentially pulled the wool over town's eyes as much as folk like to say "Oh Rule #1roflcopter!"

He's had a rough deal with the hands dealt and unfortunately for him that's been scum. Regardless of JP's alignment and no offense to TS, this was a fucking mountain for us scum. Lack of activity other than say "oh this guy hasn't posted" made it for us.

Not a total shitshow critcism on TS as he did what he could and bless him for it but some lack of players and the power town already had gave us a mountain to climb.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    For when I add these stats to the list, should JP get listed as scum twice? Since he had both scum chats.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JP played really well for what it's worth. I immediately considered Godfather possibility when he was copped, but he sounded and felt differently. And knowing he knew both mafias and was trying so hard to paint me as scummy was brilliant. I was so floored I was like, "JP has to be rusty town or something."

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    JP did trigger his scum tell this game FYI...next time, I will call him out on it.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWE View Post
    JP did trigger his scum tell this game FYI...next time, I will call him out on it.
    Mate, at this point I think it's probably just a "I'm playing a game" tell, given I am never, ever town. Ever. Never good.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    JP played really well for what it's worth. I immediately considered Godfather possibility when he was copped, but he sounded and felt differently. And knowing he knew both mafias and was trying so hard to paint me as scummy was brilliant. I was so floored I was like, "JP has to be rusty town or something."
    Probably was as simple as because I felt differently. I really had a tough time of it early on in the game and I wasn't in a "me" frame of mind, so a lighter touch and less force was just how I was feeling. Probably closer to me as town than anything has been for a while. Dumb town is me town.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess we can see why stan would vote himself. He needed +3 to get lynched

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    I was confident I couldn't pick up 14 votes that phase (especially with the inactive players), but I did get a little nervous at one point.