User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AEW Double or Nothing (2020)

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a Cody Rhodes doll from his "Cody Rhodes, but with a mustache" gimmick.

Also have a Dean Ambrose, that the doll makers decided to make way, way too short for some reason.

Looking forward to checking out those AEW toys.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OH, the action figures are ready, eh?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernovametalstar View Post
    OH, the action figures are ready, eh?
    They look fantastic. At least as good as anything they put out for WWE.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBRAWL!!!!????

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I still had my 3.5 inch GI Joes from my youth. I had a post movie Cobra Commander, Lifelline (his had got chopped off for be a pacifist), a Cobra-La soldier that I melted his had to straighten out to do karate chops. And then some knock offs called "The Corp". Toxic Waster, Night Laser Trooper, The Gasman, Arctic Alpine Rescue, Cy-borg, and Chopper. Good times...

This entrance makes it look like they're running through fire. This is great spectacle!

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck the Inner Circle and The Elite.

I'm cheering for the New York... Gnats? Oh damn it....

- - - Updated - - -

So, the babyfaces aren't doing jerseys?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hangman finally got his fucking horse!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is why you need a Hangman Page. For cowboy shit of course!

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adam Page is still the only cowboy I'll ever cheer for on a football field.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adam Page had to go home early, his horse got sick.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having the cheerleaders making noise is genius. I never would have thought of utilizing them in that way.
    The action's been non-stop. No standing around for seemingly 3 minutes at a time in between setups. And hell, if they just had Sammy being chased around by Page on a horse the entire time, I wouldn't mind that either.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If AEW doesn't do something like this every year for the Super Bowl Halftime Show, they're fucking crazy.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just glad this isn't some cinematic bullshit.

This is just 10 dudes having a wild ass fight.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did The Inner Circle just win via homicide?

Okay... never mind.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, the Matt stuff is corny. But...it works.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernovametalstar View Post
    Okay, the Matt stuff is corny. But...it works.
    Its cool if they keep it just to Matt Hardy. Everybody else is just there for a fight.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretend to punch the horse, Hager! Get PITA on your ass! Controversy creates cash!

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jake Hager's from Oklahoma.

This is just a regular Saturday night for him.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the damndest thing I've ever seen. I love it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was some goofy shit.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An obvious crash pad, but that height made it look incredible. What a fun and inventive spectacle. JR is right.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That stadium match was hilarious lmao. I absolutely loved every minute of it!

That was a solid show in my opinion, a lot of great matches throughout the night. Would have been even better with the crowd atmosphere, but with the little they had, they did well.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW pre produced > WWE pre produced.

Main event was fun, WWE's MITB was sloppy and cringe.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It felt like a majority of the ladder match was kind of just there other than spot here and there. The camera work just seemed hit or miss over the duration of the match, too. Probably not enough spots for the amount of time and competitors. Cage being the surprise made sense, and it was a good culmination of time between Taz and Allin for Taz to bring Cage out. Good showing for him and a fresh challenger that's going to be easier to build for Moxley.

Like the first go round for Guevara and Allin, MJF and Jungle Boy gave the vibe that they're a pairing that are going to cross paths at various positions of the card over several years. That's very promising for AEW's development. I find it annoying when JR seems to go into try-hard mode to make "Jungle Boy Jack Perry" a thing. I liked the overall flow of the match and it did both guys favors that they were out in the deep waters of this type of match and both held up well. I could have seen an argument for Jungle Boy to win because MJF can work the loss and blemish to his record as good heat, but I like the fact he's still being kept as a big deal as an upstart.

The TNT title was...okay, I guess. I get that it's not finish but what we saw to this point didn't seem that promising. The match was interesting, based on the fact they recalled the history. Roberts initially called out Cody, said he had a client, and that Cody was going to fall. Archer was looking imposing all the way until the title match and ultimately fell short. Tyson had a lot of great memes out of his reactions lol. The stuff that led to the ejection of the seconds didn't do anything but make Roberts and Archer look stupid as hell. Kind of surprised they avoided the idea of Tyson knocking someone out.

Sounds like they dodged a bullet in terms of Britt as she may be out just around two months. Penelope and Kris was good enough as a makeshift match. Penelope seems to be the one who has more momentum but I get as the replacement, it probably didn't make sense to have her go over. Hikaru getting the title win was something I thought was possible but I didn't anticipate actually happening. Maybe Nyla was just around to get through the PPV and back out of the mix after this? The fact Nyla won the title basically before this pandemic and was gone for most it pretty much made her reign meaningless.

They went the right route with the overall tone of Moxley/Lee. I think it would have died a slow death if they went with a traditional or semi-technical match but they played to the strength of both with a brawl, physically-centered match. That was a good build to the finish. I thought it did well to show that Moxley was willing to go the the end to secure his championship, and Lee went as far as he could and ultimately couldn't be stopped. He couldn't be pinned, and he didn't submit. I figured they'd find a good way to keep Lee strong in defeat but now it's all going to come down to what they do with him afterwards in order to keep The Dark Order as a factor.

All things considered, it was smart of them to tape the Stampede Match the night before. Can't leave anything to chance when you have the opportunity to tape it prior when you have this many moving parts within a match. Having the drum and dance team for the Jaguars was a good way to add some sound in the stadium. I'm glad they did the horse bit with Hangman for his entrance. I thought that would have been awesome on Wednesday for his return so I'm glad they used it here. Gnarly splitting the uprights moonsault by Matt Jackson. I imagine that could have felt good with his ribs. The pool was full of water from the Lake of Reincarnation. Funny stuff. Hager looked like a damn monster in the bar with Page and Omega. That was cool to see. Heck of a spot with the tremendous One-Winged Angel on Guevara. Fun match.

Ladder match and TNT title match were underwhelming to me. AEW title and Stadium Stampede matches delivered.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    OK on the whole the PPV was OK but fuck me that main was AMAZING.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Gulak would qualify for being able to participate.
    Oh boy, I sure hope so because nothing quite says excitement like a Drew Gulac surprise appearance.

sorry to spoil your dreams, all you utter WWE marks asking for Barry Horowitz and SD Jones et all to debut in AEW, but they sure seem smart enough to not take Vince's garbage to the dump for him.

They seem to have learned from having one perfect ten Shawn Spears on the roster...

case and point, I didn't even spell 'Gulak' correctly and didn't know I was wrong until I saw how BG spelled it

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I bought and enjoyed a good chunk of this PPV. They just need to stop having twenty minute matches when ten could do. The book ending of the ladder match and the Stadium Stampede main event was nice. Not sure who Brian Cage and hopefully a blip in Moxley's reign. Matter Facts was just absolutely fantastic.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    love me a big roidy mcgee. excited for brian cage, although the taz intro in the song is horrible.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    I bought and enjoyed a good chunk of this PPV. They just need to stop having twenty minute matches when ten could do. The book ending of the ladder match and the Stadium Stampede main event was nice. Not sure who Brian Cage and hopefully a blip in Moxley's reign. Matter Facts was just absolutely fantastic.
    I agree with you. I felt like that's been AEW's problem since they started. Some matches go way too long and drag. Personally, if PPV's went 3 hours instead of 4, it would be much better.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree coulda taken out the Dustin/spears and the other womens match out...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Wild ass guess -- Chavo Guerrero is the mystery entrant for this match.

That's why Vickie is here.
    Ha, that would have garnered the biggest groan at a surprise entrant since Savio Vega back at No Way Out of Texas in 1998. Pineapple Pete would have been a better option.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Massive issues trying to watch on the PS4 this morning. Then I read that it’s not supported on the PS4.

So I hope to get a refund there, as I had to order it a second time.

Overall, good show, but main event was stunning. Funniest thing I’ve ever seen in wrestling was Sammy running from Page on the horse.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Ha, that would have garnered the biggest groan at a surprise entrant since Savio Vega back at No Way Out of Texas in 1998. Pineapple Pete would have been a better option.
    Leave Savio alone.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Massive issues trying to watch on the PS4 this morning. Then I read that it’s not supported on the PS4.

So I hope to get a refund there, as I had to order it a second time.

Overall, good show, but main event was stunning. Funniest thing I’ve ever seen in wrestling was Sammy running from Page on the horse.
    We just cast through the phone app to smart tv, few issues to begin with but worked OK by ppv start.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First time I have watched AEW since its first PPV and I have to say I really enjoyed the show and needed it as I have been very down on WWE lately.

I like how AEW can flip between serious and ridiculous pretty quickly.

The small crowd makes a MASSIVE difference to the lockdown shows. Ok it sounds like a crowd from the PS1 WWF Warzone game but it still makes a huge difference.

I just wish they had better theme songs, thats one thing most companies suffer with compared to WWE. Always sounds really generic.

Anyway I may keep watching for a bit now.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    First time I have watched AEW since its first PPV and I have to say I really enjoyed the show and needed it as I have been very down on WWE lately.

I like how AEW can flip between serious and ridiculous pretty quickly.

The small crowd makes a MASSIVE difference to the lockdown shows. Ok it sounds like a crowd from the PS1 WWF Warzone game but it still makes a huge difference.

I just wish they had better theme songs, thats one thing most companies suffer with compared to WWE. Always sounds really generic.

Anyway I may keep watching for a bit now.
    If AEW took some of the billionaire's money and used it to get all of their big stars real, licensed music, that would put them over the top of WWE in terms of presentation.

I could totally see Jon Moxley coming out to Rage Against The Machine or something.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    We just cast through the phone app to smart tv, few issues to begin with but worked OK by ppv start.
    I was watching the next morning. I started the show and it ran ok for about 60 seconds, then it cut to Cody holding the title. Tried again and the same. Not only annoyed by having the match spoiled, but there was no way of watching the first hour of the show. And I knew the first match was the ladder match and didn’t want that spoiled as well by watching from the end of the TNT Title match. Also, no gurantee that would have run smoothly either.

Ended up using the FITE app on my phone, to the TV.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Torn on the amount of old school vets paired up with talent in AEW. I dig it because I like the veterans being used but I'm questioning how far they've thought any of this out and will they actually use the pairings properly. Shawn Spears and Tully Blanchard just felt forced from the jump, no history, and I don't know if I like it because we don't see them on Dynamite but maybe once a month if that. Doing stupid shit.

But then you have Arn in the role as "coach" for Cody or Jake the Snake in his role with Lance Archer. If Taz pairing up with Brian Cage is better than Taz being paired up with Samoa Joe then there's at least a positive there lol. Taz is not someone I ever looked at going "I could see him being a manager" Yes he is a good color commentator but that's not the same thing. Lord Alfred Hayes isn't someone I was dying to see manage Hercules.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Didn't watch the PPV, but I had a laugh listening to Jim Cornette's review of the Stadium Stampede match.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Cornette is trash.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah, he has an outdated view of wrestling and what it should be. He gets angry when people expose the business, but man, it's been exposed for a good 30 years now.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Even when he's right, he's still an asshole.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Didn't watch the PPV, but I had a laugh listening to Jim Cornette's review of the Stadium Stampede match.
    He's a rasslin' fan, zeeo sense of humour and very close-minded.

Stampede match was fucking bonkers, nonsensical and fantastic all wrapped into one. Jericho being a traffic cone witch should be a thing like his cocky pin. Also Northern Lights suplexes times 100. Sammy not only a Spanish God but does comedy almost as good as Jericho.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Has Cornette complained about The Undertaker for "exposin' the business!" with the docuseries? I kinda doubt it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer-Belly View Post
    Has Cornette complained about The Undertaker for "exposin' the business!" with the docuseries? I kinda doubt it.
    He was cool with it, because Undertaker basically kept his own brand of kayfabe alive for 30 years, like a mobster upholds fucking Omerta.

Now that 'Taker's going to ride off into the sunset, Corny seems cool with him finally laying it all out. And at least 'Taker took the shit seriously the whole time. 'Taker never had a wrestling match that looked like a video game. Except for that stupid Boneyard thing. And even that was like a cool, badass action movie. It was a realistic looking fight, not a living cartoon.

Undertaker doing a shoot interview about his career is a lot different than 10 guys -- one of which should know better -- turning a wrestling match into a Bugs Bunny cartoon.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was cool with it, because Undertaker basically kept his own brand of kayfabe alive for 30 years, like a mobster upholds fucking Omerta.

Now that 'Taker's going to ride off into the sunset, Corny seems cool with him finally laying it all out. And at least 'Taker took the shit seriously the whole time. 'Taker never had a wrestling match that looked like a video game. Except for that stupid Boneyard thing. And even that was like a cool, badass action movie. It was a realistic looking fight, not a living cartoon.

Undertaker doing a shoot interview about his career is a lot different than 10 guys -- one of which should know better -- turning a wrestling match into a Bugs Bunny cartoon.
    Sometimes that shit works and I think the 10 involved definitely did give a laugh and entertain. If it draws people in then it's working.

Cornette needs to lighten up but he's so set in his ways I don't think he ever will.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Sometimes that shit works and I think the 10 involved definitely did give a laugh and entertain. If it draws people in then it's working.

Cornette needs to lighten up but he's so set in his ways I don't think he ever will.
    I liked the match. It wasn't a great "wrestling" match. But it was entertaining.

But I also enjoy someone tearing something apart in an entertaining way.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the match. It wasn't a great "wrestling" match. But it was entertaining.

But I also enjoy someone tearing something apart in an entertaining way.
    It'd be entertaining if he was ripping something bad in an entertaining way, but this was entertaining. He's ripping it trying to be entertaining because it's not his thing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'd be entertaining if he was ripping something bad in an entertaining way, but this was entertaining. He's ripping it trying to be entertaining because it's not his thing.
    I don't know. I can enjoy someone criticizing something, even though I liked it. I just find Corny imminently enjoyable. I'm wearing one of his t-shirts right now, even. I just can't hate a guy for not liking something as silly as that "match". Unlike Corny, I can at least enjoy it as a spectacle. It was a b-movie or a cartoon. Not real wrestling.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know. I can enjoy someone criticizing something, even though I liked it. I just find Corny imminently enjoyable. I'm wearing one of his t-shirts right now, even. I just can't hate a guy for not liking something as silly as that "match". Unlike Corny, I can at least enjoy it as a spectacle. It was a b-movie or a cartoon. Not real wrestling.
    Anything outside Corny's comfort zone he cannot enjoy. If he ripped hilariously on a more "traditional" match then yes he can be cutting and witty. When he applies the same thing to something less serious, then why is he watching it? Just makes him look like he's looking for shit to rip to get himself over.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything outside Corny's comfort zone he cannot enjoy. If he ripped hilariously on a more "traditional" match then yes he can be cutting and witty. When he applies the same thing to something less serious, then why is he watching it? Just makes him look like he's looking for shit to rip to get himself over.
    I don't know, dude. Its just my style.

I also watch a lot of stuff on Youtube -- Your Angry Video Game Nerds and Nostalgia Critic types -- and I just enjoy guys who take things they're passionate about overly seriously and creatively tear apart the things they don't like about it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I enjoy a good Cornette rant, he's pretty much blacklisted himself from every wrestling company out there, so allot of his criticism comes off as someone who's bitter that he can't be part of the action. The folks in AEW have consistently put on entertaining shows week after week while Jim has to watch from the sidelines. If he'd behaved more, Corny might be working with them right now.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i still think he could pop up in aew for a small run

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I imagine AEW would find a way to use him but I think Cornette wouldn't be interested.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meltzer Ratings:

Best Friends versus Private Party: 2.25
    Casino Battle Royal Ladder Match: 3.0
    MJF versus Jungle Boy: 4.25
    Cody versus Lance Archer: 3.75
    Kris Statlander versus Penelope Ford: 3.0
    Dustin Rhodes versus Shawn Spears: 1.0
    Hikaru Shida versus Nyla Rose: 3.75
    Jon Moxley versus Brodie Lee: 4.25
    Stadium Stampede Match: N/R

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    I imagine AEW would find a way to use him but I think Cornette wouldn't be interested.
    Yeah he prefers to moan.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We really need a rating system for the cinematic matches. It's only right to judge them on a scale of Matt Hardy's. I'd give the Stadium Stampede match 5 Matt Hardys!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do people act like Cornette is out there seeking employment in the wrestling industry?

Yeah, he would rather sit at home and get paid to "moan" on his podcast because he already put 5 decades into the industry and did more than almost anyone active today.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, not too long ago Cornette was working with NWA. Tells me he's still interested. I doubt there's anyone who would trust him on live TV though.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Why do people act like Cornette is out there seeking employment in the wrestling industry?

Yeah, he would rather sit at home and get paid to "moan" on his podcast because he already put 5 decades into the industry and did more than almost anyone active today.
    Because he probably is. He would much rather be involved in WWE or AEW than just venting each week. Why do you think Bruce Pritchard jumped at the chance to go back to WWE when he had a hugely successful podcast?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Well, not too long ago Cornette was working with NWA. Tells me he's still interested. I doubt there's anyone who would trust him on live TV though.
    That doesn't mean he came to them does it? He's spoken about why over the last 10 years he's taken these handful of gigs, 90% of them are because they're usually a one-two shot deal close to his house lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    Because he probably is. He would much rather be involved in WWE or AEW than just venting each week. Why do you think Bruce Pritchard jumped at the chance to go back to WWE when he had a hugely successful podcast?
    Bruce Prichard wasn't running a podcast in hopes to go back to the WWE. Bruce Prichard isn't Jim Cornette. BP has a much deeper relationship with the WWE than Jim Cornette. You're seriously going to compare a guy who worked for the WWE from the time he was 24 in 1986-87 until what, 2010?

That's just a reach. Jim isn't out there seeking employment. They come to him, and more often than not he turns it down and has been doing just that for over a decade. Some of you have no clue what you're talking about you're like women who judge female celebrities on the headlines they glance at in the grocery store checkout.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everyone ND is the man in the know.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everyone ND is the man in the know.
    Did you already forget the post you made? Lol. I'm someone who actually has followed Jim Cornette over the years unlike you and others. It's not that difficult to know when someone is talking out their ass. Like your comment about Bruce Prichard.....

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep you are Jim Cornettes confidante, I forget.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep you are Jim Cornettes confidante, I forget.
    Judging by these responses you clearly have nothing to back up what you said about Bruce Prichard and will continue your ignorance.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim Cornette worked for WWE for years, not as long as Bruce but a long long time. Wrestling is in his blood, you are completely dumb if you think he wouldn't jump at the chance to go back and do what he wants rather than respond to tweets from superfan boys like you.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim Cornette worked for WWE for years, not as long as Bruce but a long long time. Wrestling is in his blood, you are completely dumb if you think he wouldn't jump at the chance to go back and do what he wants rather than respond to tweets from superfan boys like you.
    I don't really use twitter so nice try!

So what? He also worked for TNA and Ring of Honor. That doesn't mean he would jump at the chance. Don't try to lump every personality in the same category because you're just using a strawman argument here. You're completely dumb to assume that just because others have returned to work for the WWE that it means Jim Cornette would, especially saying he would JUMP at the chance to work for them lol.

This twisted idea that everyone, no matter their age, physical well being, etc. still wants to be involved with a promotion is silly. I can promise you and it's as easy as searching Youtube and Google that Cornette isn't seeking employment. That's just shit people say because they think they're one-upping him by thinking he gives a shit. Sadly mistaken, he isn't giving a fuck about working for WWE, AEW, etc.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think people understand how popular Jim's podcasts are. He'd have to quit them (at least one of them) to do a full time wrestling gig and it would probably cost him money to do it.

As for working for Impact a couple years ago. That was during those two weeks Jeff had it back and he asked Jim to do it and Jim can't say no to the Jarretts.

People need to stop obsessing over one guy's opinion on AEW. If he chooses not to like something because it's turned into WWE-lite just like TNA did then that's his right. This idea that we all have to have solidarity behind AEW so they can take on the big, evil WWE is infantile and dumb. The Kahns have more fucking money that Vince does. There is no underdog here. And no real alternative to the WWE product either. Sports-based wrestling my ass.

The NWA Power show seems to be the only thing trying a different path and they have a budget you could just about open a hotdog stand with.

If youre pro WWE or pro AEW I wouldn't listen to Jim Cornette's shows. They aren't for you.

Or in the words of the AEW fans on the wrestlinginc comments section.

"Just leave him ALONE! Let us enjoy the thing we like!" - AEW, Kenny Omega fan.