User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Mafia Gear Solid 2

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    trying to walk the line here-

The Ames role was obviously not a Dr. From the write-up, it catches a bullet. Catching a bullet usually has a certain result for a bodyguard. The risk there is not being in front of red specifically. Its of being in front of a probable target.

So, ames would want to be safe, unless they were willing to sacrifice themselves for another. I probably wouldn't have done that for anyone, unless it became game dependent.

So you could hide behind people you think were mafia, and you would be safe. If you're trying to find some way to save some value, you would probably try to eliminate people you were suspicious of from roles, so that someone like yourself would also start whittling them down.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Psycho, something happened to me last Thursday when I was driving home. I had a couple of miles to go -- I looked up and saw a glowing orange object in the sky, to the east! It was moving very irregularly... Suddenly, there was intense light all around me -- and when I came to, I was home. What do you think happened to me...?

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly...... I'm between Mazer and TS

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Right, had that.

Given that timesplitter has been less communicative (fair enough-lots going on), I was less comfortable with completely elimination there. The metalhead role was more atypical than a watcher. Hard time seeing lotjx make that mistake. That's where I have lotjx ahead of timesplitter. I have it between those two, and jarrod only comes into play if there is a misread on someone doing something really weird, like the scenarios you mentioned.

Assuming correctness on Lotjx and timesplitter I have as 50/50 and that's unlikely to change tonight. I certainly wouldn't guess that Fatman would eliminate the other.

Since you likely have me eliminated on a few roles based on gameplay, I would imagine you have me at the same 50/50 proposition. While I sometimes like to use roles to primarily cut down probabilities on suspicions, unless I have your possibilities wrong, the chances are low for much help tonight.

I hope I've bought enough credit for advancing town theories to buy some credibility within the smaller target group.
    Let's make sure use our roles to get people eliminated from some spots. I've been a bit worried about Jarrod flying under the radar for neutral for a minute.

I don't think Pabs is James. I don't think hiding clears red.

Vote Pabs

Its not as clever as Jordo from Law and Gun, but my thought process is there.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So here's my thought process.

Caito is E.E. You all know this.

Jarrod is Otacon. He never showed up D3 until after HFR was lynched, whereas everyone else alive had a say on the wagon or was at least around to do nothing to stop it.

Jordo is Stillman. It's why he vehemently defended kdestiny(and it's stupid we didn't see it then) and then followed up by targeting me when he started getting suspicious of me. And why he immediately dropped that read.

Badger is Johnny. The way he reacted to my admonishment of the vig seemed pretty clear that he was asking for guidance who to target and then felt bad/"blamed" me(I know that's not what you were doing Badger, I'm just simplifying the situation) when I was talking about it.

That leaves T/S, lotjx, and Mazer.

One of T/S or lotjx is James Johnson, hands down. I'm not 100% sure which, my gut has said lotjx, but I can see where T/S would have opted to stay off the HFR Lynch but add a secret vote.

I can see T/S maybe trying to protect someone in the shadows on N2 and N4, and it wouldn't clash with his suspicions. I can also see lotjx not knowing the best people to protect, but I also kind of feel he'd play more Occam's Razor style and just vote the people he trusts. Which is apparently no one, but can see where at first he'd trust people that helped vote wardy.

Mazer can't be James Johnson. He's been looking for him way too hard, and as all but claimed this phase, so if he is Johnson, he's lying and he just wouldn't do that here. At the current moment I find it hard to believe he would have protected the people he did based on his posting pattern. Jarrod, maybe, but that HFR target was sketch. Let's also consider that he would have chose to protect someone in his suspect list on N2 when NO one knew whether Rose could act multiple nights or that Raiden had a doctor ability. No, he would go to protect someone that helped Lynch wardy.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unvote

I'm willing to wait until we hear from the players who have yet to pop in. And I can see where that post does lend some credence to your claim. But I'm still having trouble buying that you wouldn't be willing to sacrifice yourself to clear another player who would die otherwise.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After N1, you and jordo were the most likely towns. You guys are cool, but I wouldn't have known your roles, and frankly I don't value everybody else staying alive over me. The Dr. stays alive.

I guess you could keep protecting obvious towns, but once there are more than 2 obvious, there's less chance to get value-and again you may die. Once I knew you were rb, and who Fro was I might have been tempted to save, but really not on N1.

To get some value out of it, I would have followed my suspicions. I was suspicious of HFR, given his lack of wardy vote and thought others might be as well. And lo and behold, He was eliminated from several roles (including Ames) on N2. That was actually what I was hoping would occur. Obviously we were wrong there, but I think you're focused on how other people would use the role.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IF.... big if, but if.... Fatman had targeted EE on N2, it cant be lotjx. With EE hiding behind him, think she would have been pretty easy to find. So I am willing to rule him out in the search.

And if I am doing process of elimination correctly, Psycho believes TS is Ames and lotjx is the President.

Leaves only one choice I guess.

Sorry Statler

Vote Mazer

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your N4 critique on selfishness is very valid. Honestly, there was consideration on the best way to play that. But I was concerned about someone sliding through and wanted to start eliminating possibilities. The other thing was this game, the fatman possibilities were open. Just not being mafia wouldn't eliminate possibilities that someone was the Fatman. Not worth saving there, and when N4 started the Fatman was out there. Going into that night, I didn't know how solid we would be the next day.

And honestly, if you died at some point, I was the only spreadsheeter left. I can see a valid critique that I should have protected you. But I wasn't there when n4 started. You as Fatman with a mafia still alive was a concerning possibility. The potential mafia targets were fairly broad.

At that point, I honestly prioritized my own staying alive and eliminating probabilties.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    IF.... big if, but if.... Fatman had targeted EE on N2, it cant be lotjx. With EE hiding behind him, think she would have been pretty easy to find. So I am willing to rule him out in the search.

And if I am doing process of elimination correctly, Psycho believes TS is Ames and lotjx is the President.

Leaves only one choice I guess.

Sorry Statler

Vote Mazer

If you hide behind someone, they can find you? If that's the case-

I suggest voting Timesplitter. The game is over.

For those worried about me-

If its wrong, Psych could block me tonight, if he's worried about being killed. Then if Ames moves, there are no more possibilities. And if its someone who's not me, they would have to be an absolute nutter not to move.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think so?

You'd be a pretty shit killer if you couldnt kill someone hiding behind you?

unless im wrong about that,

The other thing about that is, three different roles couldnt find their target on N2. So either EE was super popular, or something in there worked differently than we thought.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it usually spells out, even if its not all mafia, if you hide behind the killer you're dead. I guess I've never seen the killer looking for the hider hiding behind them dynamic, but it seems to track. Maybe psych or hfr can check in on that.

I would guess ee popular on n2. My gut says it was JP, and for town on the suspect list for not voting wardy. I was worried for a while.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm wrestling in my mind on who Johnson is. My very first thought in earlier phases was Mazer and when he was first discussing the role with Jordo, I thought he was doing an April O'Neill and was subtly hiding the role while openly discussing it. That's not the case now as he has been looking into it harder since so I think it's between lotjx and TS. Looking back at the trains I could see the argument about it being lotjx but also TS as neither of them voted on the Pablo train. If lotjx normally goes with the flow and he did post that night, why did he not vote Pablo? That has my gut leaning to TS for understandably not being around but I could be wrong on that. 60/40 it's TS.

Tbh I'm having a hard time buying Stan wouldn't give Fatman extra power when scum died. He's maybe not as experienced running games as other peoole, but this is a pretty powerful town and he's played enough to surely know how to run a game and get the balance. Mazer is even less experienced than me and he knew how to balance things (albeit with guidance). IMO it would be pretty one-sided not to make Fatman a more powerful serial killer if scum died but I could be wrong.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UNVOTE

im reading everything again

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can debate a lot about someone's motivations, and whether we think a mistake was made. I'd still like to get a psych thought on Caito's hider point.

But really, town wins either today or tomorrow.

I'd prefer we vote timesplitter today and you give my thought some consideration because I've been very active in helping eliminate probabilities for mafia and fatman and that is considered, and I struggle to see what my motivation at this point would be other than to prolong a loss?

If its not timesplitter, there's a very simple way to end all this discussion tonight. Block me. And if Ames does anything, its not me.

Honestly, if you kill me-psych will block either lotjx or timesplitter tonight. And then you'll kill who he blocked or if someone dies, you'll be able to kill the other.

The game is pretty much decided.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    So here's my thought process.

Caito is E.E. You all know this.

Jarrod is Otacon. He never showed up D3 until after HFR was lynched, whereas everyone else alive had a say on the wagon or was at least around to do nothing to stop it.

Jordo is Stillman. It's why he vehemently defended kdestiny(and it's stupid we didn't see it then) and then followed up by targeting me when he started getting suspicious of me. And why he immediately dropped that read.

Badger is Johnny. The way he reacted to my admonishment of the vig seemed pretty clear that he was asking for guidance who to target and then felt bad/"blamed" me(I know that's not what you were doing Badger, I'm just simplifying the situation) when I was talking about it.

That leaves T/S, lotjx, and Mazer.

One of T/S or lotjx is James Johnson, hands down. I'm not 100% sure which, my gut has said lotjx, but I can see where T/S would have opted to stay off the HFR Lynch but add a secret vote.

I can see T/S maybe trying to protect someone in the shadows on N2 and N4, and it wouldn't clash with his suspicions. I can also see lotjx not knowing the best people to protect, but I also kind of feel he'd play more Occam's Razor style and just vote the people he trusts. Which is apparently no one, but can see where at first he'd trust people that helped vote wardy.

Mazer can't be James Johnson. He's been looking for him way too hard, and as all but claimed this phase, so if he is Johnson, he's lying and he just wouldn't do that here. At the current moment I find it hard to believe he would have protected the people he did based on his posting pattern. Jarrod, maybe, but that HFR target was sketch. Let's also consider that he would have chose to protect someone in his suspect list on N2 when NO one knew whether Rose could act multiple nights or that Raiden had a doctor ability. No, he would go to protect someone that helped Lynch wardy.
    This seems pretty solid. I'm going to wait to see how it shakes out but seems like Fatman is Mazer.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading back through again. Fatman would have known who Caito was on n2. He also would have known he needed to keep mafia alive to reach win condition, because here we are right now.

I had Caito on my short list of suspects, and expressed that with my "I think we'll get multiple hits" shortlist. I also expressed other concern for Caito. I really don't know why Fatman targetted Caito on n2, but I would not have done it.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jarrod...... play these games. MGS2 is great, I think the 3rd is the best. 4 is awesome as well. There’s also 5, which changes up a bit but I enjoyed it immensely.
    Yeah I went to bed thinking I was digging out MGS today and haven't changed my mind. I'll probably play how the games were released. I didn't know about any real flashbacks so chronological might not be the right way here.

Sort of like Star Wars. I know some people prefer chronological order there but it's what I'm comparing it to.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    Yeah I went to bed thinking I was digging out MGS today and haven't changed my mind. I'll probably play how the games were released. I didn't know about any real flashbacks so chronological might not be the right way here.

Sort of like Star Wars. I know some people prefer chronological order there but it's what I'm comparing it to.
    Don't be intimidated by Stan's suggestion the MGS3 is exposition heavy. He's right, but MGS3 is just as bad, and both make up for it with loads of gameplay, unlike MGS4.

MGS4 is like playing an interactive movie that you just vibe out too while blitzed after enjoying the wild ride that is Kojima's mind.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @TimeSplitter

I wanna hear from you. Only two ppl of the available characters I can clear you from are Otacon and EE. I have a gut feeling youre not EE (call me crazy) and Otacon has nothing to see if you don't do anything.... and Fatman didnt, by design of game or the character.... so give me a reason to unvote you...

Vote Timesplitter

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any other thoughts that Stan could have left Fatman as an EN role when scum died?

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I had some things that both grim and psych helped balance. It's a challenge to get all scenarios. We usually haven't had 7 town left with no scum. He likely didn't expect the strongman killer to go down right away, which dramatically changed the balance, and other than our luck there...wardy would have had a good kill run.

Different note.

Not much else I can see to add.

I typically have tried to end things quickly if I could as well, so I do understand wanting to go with your gut today. But I struggle a little bit on why the scenario I laid out has any real negative to town, or what my motivation would be.

But people were willing to at least slow down and take a look through, do that's appreciated.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see some of that. I do want to hear from other players especially TS. For now.

Unvote

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on the kill Mazer bandwagon

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Vote TimeSplitter

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I can understand the questions behind me, but to be fair I have only just been targeted. This happens in most games since I am a lower tier player. Mazer was blocked, and nothing happened. I was watched, and nothing came of it since only one role was active at night. For reasons outside of the game, I haven’t been able to jump on the past few votes. I don’t have a ton of info to share. My suspicion points to Mazer, but I’m not going to vote now knowing he is just a few votes away. That would probably seal my fate as well.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Going to bed. I will check stuff out in the a.m. and see if anything new has popped up. I'm still thinking at this moment.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Vote count:
    Mazer - 2 (Psycho)
    Timesplitter - 2 (Caito, lotjx)

14 hours left.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay Tumesplitter is innocent. You see what he’s done here?

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unvote

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote mazer

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah.... does look like that was the right play all along. Oh well.

Vote Mazer

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote Mazer

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although reading back Psycho unvoted so it should be 4.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah well. Lotjx asked if we should consider whether we should consider if it was time to consider whether Fatman was needed to be eliminated or not during the night phase, and timesplitter has already made the "worried that I'm next post", and we're still here.

I'm off for the next while, so will probably miss the hammer.

I’m a bit disappointed that nobody was willing to allow the night plan to go into effect, but given that if timesplitter was around more (and not impacted by things that are actually important), he would have probably put together some solid rational and that would have been jumped on and ended things quickly.

Psych should be POG for leading correct lynches and having most identified first. I enjoy the scum-hunting dynamic. But indulge me a little shit-talking after you were worried I might just be a “smooth-talker”

Up to this point your hider mechanic Mikey argument and this one about what the bodyguard would do, what the sk definitely did here are the only arguments to hang innocent votes on me. I’ve been wrong a lot so it’d be a bit of an ass to get too riled up. ] expect a sarcastic “Are you sure THIS time, like actually fucking confident this time”?, the next time you lead a vote for me on a uncertain mechanic. Just hear it in a prodding joking, Deadpool to Collossus type voice, vs. one that is actually angry (because I’ve been a lot more wrong about other votes).

Badger, you should be able to read me. You broke my heart just now.

Soon off to the deadchat for some hopefully funny dialogue between CWE and JP and make a “knew better, why the hell would you expect someone to fight as hard with no way to win comments”.

Good luck guessing right tonight. It should be impossible to get it wrong tomorrow, and since town has this wrapped up, I'll not be too worried if the margin decreases a little.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm willing to give the man one more day to prove his story correct.

Vote No Lynch.

I like Mazer, and if we're wrong, is rather he live to the end. Not to mention if we're not wrong, he won't be successful tomorrow night anyway.

T/S should be totally clean here, though.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah well. Lotjx asked if we should consider whether we should consider if it was time to consider whether Fatman was needed to be eliminated or not during the night phase, and timesplitter has already made the "worried that I'm next post", and we're still here.

I'm off for the next while, so will probably miss the hammer.

I’m a bit disappointed that nobody was willing to allow the night plan to go into effect, but given that if timesplitter was around more (and not impacted by things that are actually important), he would have probably put together some solid rational and that would have been jumped on and ended things quickly.

Psych should be POG for leading correct lynches and having most identified first. I enjoy the scum-hunting dynamic. But indulge me a little shit-talking after you were worried I might just be a “smooth-talker”

Up to this point your hider mechanic Mikey argument and this one about what the bodyguard would do, what the sk definitely did here are the only arguments to hang innocent votes on me. I’ve been wrong a lot so it’d be a bit of an ass to get too riled up. ] expect a sarcastic “Are you sure THIS time, like actually fucking confident this time”?, the next time you lead a vote for me on a uncertain mechanic. Just hear it in a prodding joking, Deadpool to Collossus type voice, vs. one that is actually angry (because I’ve been a lot more wrong about other votes).

Badger, you should be able to read me. You broke my heart just now.

Soon off to the deadchat for some hopefully funny dialogue between CWE and JP and make a “knew better, why the hell would you expect someone to fight as hard with no way to win comments”.

Good luck guessing right tonight. It should be impossible to get it wrong tomorrow, and since town has this wrapped up, I'll not be too worried if the margin decreases a little.
    Despite being debate tag team partners, you are still a difficult one to read (that's a compliment). One part of me says you're pulling at the heart strings and the other says you're telling the truth due to your effort.. The fact you're still trying to throw a bit of shade on TS when it's obvious why he is innocent has mein doubt. If you're good then hopefully one day I can fix your heart over drinks and Deadpool.

Psycho's logic is sound. One more chance.

Unvote

Vote No Lynch

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Vote No Lynch

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well shit, that caught me off-guard.

Vote no lynch.

I appreciate the benefit of the doubt here. If it makes you feel more confident, I think I'd be absolutely insane to run this play if I was dirty since I really can't see any play where fatman wins. You'd be holding me to this standard for a future time where I'm not town, I really couldn't see any scenario where I could live up to it. I'd never be able to get off the lynch again.

Just checking in, but my logic here is that Richard Ames should have every damn motivation in the world to make a move tonight. If psych blocks someone, and Ames still moves-then we can make that assumption. If Psych blocks someone, and Ames doesn't move-then we know who that is as well.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Although reading back Psycho unvoted so it should be 4.
    Sorry, missed that one.

Vote count:
    Timesplitter - 1 (lotjx)
    Mazer - 3 (Caito, Jordo)
    no lynch - 3 (Psycho, Badger, TimeSplitter)

A little over 6 hours remaining. 5 is a majority.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Despite being debate tag team partners, you are still a difficult one to read (that's a compliment). One part of me says you're pulling at the heart strings and the other says you're telling the truth due to your effort.. The fact you're still trying to throw a bit of shade on TS when it's obvious why he is innocent has mein doubt. If you're good then hopefully one day I can fix your heart over drinks and Deadpool.

Psycho's logic is sound. One more chance.

Unvote

Vote No Lynch
    Yeah, i got a bit of blinders on there, and that did read more shady to TS. I was still kind of on Caito's point about the hider, and was kinda assuming I was out so just kinda fired off. Should have thought that through more. You're right he should be clear.

The options are me and lotjx.

I'm always down for Deadpool, but you have already unbroken my heart.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok guys.

unvote

vote no lynch

thats a master stroke if he did bluff us one more night though.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Much appreciated all.

Honest to god, people have played this more altruistic than i did.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the comments provide good feedback for future games.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well shit let's do it for Mazer.

Vote No Lynch.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Vote count:
    Timesplitter - 1 (lotjx)
    Mazer - 2 (Jordo)
    no lynch - 5 (Psycho, Badger, TimeSplitter, Caito, Jarrod)

That's a majority.

The participants hold a brief Mexican standoff, before slowly backing off and retiring to their chambers.

Night 6 has started, get them roles in.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Mexican standoffs rule.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Ames is blocked, there is no protection from a Fatman kill. If Fatman is blocked, there is no need for Ames' protection as there is no kill. Ames has no practical way to protect anyone from Fatman.

The most logical thing for Ames to do would be to bodyguard the other suspect. That way in case Fatman decides to do something weird like not submit a role (out of spite or apathy), we all still know who Ames is.

Someone please check in if they see a hole in that logic.

I appreciate the opportunity to have the night phase go, and have some indebtedness to hope that all town emerges. I hope the roles are used correctly to make that happen.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Johnny's case the cubicle.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I was Fatman I wouldn't do a damn thing

- - - Updated - - -

Which is why I'm not gonna Unvote

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordo View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough.

Vote is already through though.

Do you see any reason at all why Ames would choose not to move? It seems they would have to be pretty dense not to make it obvious who they were.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough.

Vote is already through though.

Do you see any reason at all why Ames would choose not to move? It seems they would have to be pretty dense not to make it obvious who they were.
    I'm gonna be completely honest, I took a pretty healthy dose of shrooms last night and haven't exactly gotten caught up

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna be completely honest, I took a pretty healthy dose of shrooms last night and haven't exactly gotten caught up
    Even though you've wanted to kill me in several of the last games, I can't stay mad at you.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see how this changes anything-

I'm honestly still confused by the James Johnson mechanic.

Now there are 2 votes with Jordo. We know its not him, because of But everybody else is on board with a different vote.

Is it just an invisible vote that they have to move as well their other vote? i haven't seen this one before.

I saw one where you give a double vote to someone before the start of a day, but we did see the vote removed on the HFR vote.

Curious to read the write-up.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- - - Updated - - -

What's important is whether Ames acts or not really. A roleblock will happen, and we'll know who Ames is, and then the game is over for Fatman.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now there are 2 votes with Jordo. We know its not him, because of But everybody else is on board with a different vote.

Is it just an invisible vote that they have to move as well their other vote? i haven't seen this one before.

I saw one where you give a double vote to someone before the start of a day, but we did see the vote removed on the HFR vote.

All my games where a double vote has been involved it's been implemented this way. Only real difference is it's not labeled as "unknown"

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nice. I haven't taken shrooms in like 8 years. This one week I literally was just out of my mind. I was taking them everyday and going to work (serving at Ruby Teusdays at the time) and taking more at night. I'd be just walking all over.

I remember going in a Walgreens and sticking my face in this light up toy fish tank and thinking this is great!

I also remember getting home one night and watching Owen Hart vs Steve Blackman from Rock Bottom 98 on my big screen and thinking I was there.

I'd go down to the river with my buddies and we'd just think the river flowing was the greatest thing ever.

Another night saw a Sunoco gas station worker lie to the police for a group of 5 guys tripping hard. We'd made the mistake of running on our school's football field. Cops got called. We made it to the gas station as it started to pour rain and bought Gatorades. Said hi the guy working, who we always bullshitted with because a friend of ours used to do overnights and we'd sit there, buy lottery tickets all night and hang out. Went outside to wait for the cab we called when literally four cop cars converge right in front of us. One from left, one from head on, one from the right and one from behind. I remember whispering stay calm as they all pulled in. One started talking to us while another went inside the gas station. Guy told the cop that we weren't the ones and that there was a group right before us that was here and had left. Told them we just walked from a house party and had been there and that we had called a cab because of the rain. Cab showed up, cops let us go. We piled in the van and my buddy quotes Super Troopers, the snosberries taste like snosberries and we shroom giggled for ten minute ride home and then for like another 20 minutes. We got lucky that night.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read back through, the vote count was at 5 then Psycho unvoted right before Stan put the vote count at 4 then the hidden Johnson vote was added later. There wasn't a vote removal, they just happened minutes apart which is maybe where the confusion is.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think the mechanic is you have two votes, one hidden which you can use separately.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the part where the gamerunner is thinking "just send me your roles so we can end this".

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CWE’s probably picked all the right answers and is considerably wasted in the dead chat now.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kinda can’t believe we are still going. Figured he had the one more phase. Figured then Fatman would be found and we’d be hopping for joy at a town win. Guess not.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still going to be a very solid number of town survivors left at the end. Had to pretty much nail everyone's exact position to get down to the SK.

I do look forward to reading the scum chat to see the joy of wardy appearing cleared, and the wtf reaction to losing him. That's going to be fun.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I'm still sticking to my vote.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    I'm still sticking to my vote.
    Voting is done for this phase. Time for night roles to Stan.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I'm aware.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Night six

The Big Shell once again becomes a hive of activity as night falls.
    Once again, Olga and Ames target the same person, this time keeping lotjx safe from harm while simultaneously stopping him from acting. E.E. crept behind Badger for the night, and Pete Stillman configured his sensor to see who TimeSplitter might target tonight.

Day seven has started. With eight players, five is a majority.

1. Badger
    2. Jarrod1983
    3. TimeSplitter
    4. Jordo
    5. Mazer
    6. Psycho
    7. Caito
    8. lotjx

Dead

CWE – Mei Ling, ON motion detector

Wardy – Vamp, Dead Cell Assassin

HFR – the Colonel, Bus driver turned stump

Kangus – Rosemary, doctor

kdestiny – Raiden, JOAT

JP – Fortune, Dead Cell roleblocker

Fro – Solid Snake, cop

Pablo Diablo – Solidus Snake, Godfather

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good call Psych.

Thank you town.

vote lotjx.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote lotjx

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok.

vote lotjx

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kinda blows up my theory of EE being super popular that one night, but if it’s game over that’s a mistake i can live with.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote lotjx

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lotjx should be commended here. He played in a way that made it very difficult to peg who he was. We basically had to eliminate all probabilities. And even then it took a very combined effort, that was only really feasible because we had a 7-1 ratio.

If the ratio wasn't so hugely against him -if there were a few more successful kills at night for scum, he very well could have made it through. Take one or two town away, and add a scum-that's a lot different scenario. Well done making a lot out of a tough hand.

The roleblocks this game were very on point.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Vote lotjx

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lotjx should be commended here. He played in a way that made it very difficult to peg who he was. We basically had to eliminate all probabilities. And even then it took a very combined effort, that was only really feasible because we had a 7-1 ratio.

If the ratio wasn't so hugely against him -if there were a few more successful kills at night for scum, he very well could have made it through. Take one or two town away, and add a scum-that's a lot different scenario. Well done making a lot out of a tough hand.

The roleblocks this game were very on point.
    Agreed, he had a tough task.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    You are all so dumb.

Vote Psycho

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Laugh and grow fat” were better last words

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Vote count
    Lotjx - 5 (Mazer, Badger, Psycho, Caito, TimeSplitter)
    Psycho - 2 (lotjx)

That's a lynch. Write up to come.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lotjx had 2. Did we fuck up JJ?

Fuuuuccccckkkkk.

Jordo should be able to confirm that timesplitter didn't move last night. Good safety net call last night.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Day seven

He’d done his job, served his people. But now lotjx got the votes he didn’t want, and the somewhat diminished crowd picked him up and hurled him into the ocean below. President Johnson sank beneath the waves, using his last breath to curse the Patriots for putting him in his position, and setting him up to fail.

lotjx
    has been lynched. He was President Johnson, town doublevoter.

Night seven has begun. 24 hours for roles.

1. Badger
    2. Jarrod1983
    3. TimeSplitter
    4. Jordo
    5. Mazer
    6. Psycho
    7. Caito

Dead
    CWE – Mei Ling, ON motion detector
    Wardy – Vamp, Dead Cell Assassin
    HFR – the Colonel, Bus driver turned stump
    Kangus – Rosemary, doctor
    kdestiny – Raiden, JOAT
    JP – Fortune, Dead Cell roleblocker
    Fro – Solid Snake, cop
    Pablo Diablo – Solidus Snake, Godfather
    lotjx – President Johnson, doublevoter

Last edited by Stan Accy; June 2nd, 2020 at 12:18 PM.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh ffs

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh fuckin hell. Why did he split his votes between Mazer and TS the other phase?

Right Jordo what did you find out?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why oh why did lotjx vote TimeSplitter publicly and vote Mazer secretly?

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We deserve the mock and scorn from the dead chat.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m back on the TimeSplitter train

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Why oh why did lotjx vote TimeSplitter publicly and vote Mazer secretly?
    I don't know. I'm broken.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ts didn't target anyone

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are we just off Mazer?

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ames targeted lotjx. If Ames was timesplitter, you would have seen him move.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, probably because no one has called out Mazer for not being Ames (This would be a helluva time to do that ) and 2, If I knew there was a good chance I’d be targeted and I’m the last killer standing, I may not make a move either.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What the fuck? That did not go over well at all.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that jordo has confirmed that timesplitter didn't move, we shouldn't have to wait a full 24 for TS to send in his action. Psych's block makes it irrelevant.

Mafia games.... always starting with high energy and hopes, and half the time ending as battle of attrition.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are we just off Mazer?
    TS can’t be Ames because you would’ve seen him move.
    TS can’t be Otacon because Otacon watched him previously.
    TS can’t be Olga because we all know who that is.

I just hope he’s not unblockable because that would just make me greet.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So TS just decided a couple nights ago to make no moves and draw this out as long as possible.

In the world of mafia spite plays, that's an all-timer.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- - - Updated - - -

I think Jordo had it right, right here.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here was me giving it all TS must be innocent because he said he didn’t want to vote Mazer but slyly used his secret vote.

All lotjx had to do was use his hidden vote as well to rule out TS being Johnson and this would have been done.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Jordo had it right, right here.
    It was his only hope. We don't have a cop, his only chance was to not move and hope we couldn't ever nail it down.

It was a long shot but it was indeed a shot.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Accy View Post
    Rosemary contacts Jordo and offers to save his location for the night. Jordo will be safe from harm, because Rosemary is a doctor
    Game kept popping into my head at lunch today. Then I thought of this line and almost snorted my soup.

They may be giving us shit in the deadchat right now, but this line will stand the test of time.