Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Money in the Bank 2020

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagel View Post
    The women are already on me about not cancelling the Network but I can't stand Asuka Fuji or Otis the Morbidly Obese as comic relief let alone one of two 'world' champions if that isn't the oxymoron to end all oxymorons that can only exist in the wonderful world of wrestling, um, I mean, sports entertainment.

Here's to AEW and watching Marco Stunt!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    It’s not just bizarre but everything is going too well with him just now. Okay Ziggler and Sonya put him
    down a bit but he’s gone from 0-100 in that time. Feel like it should be more of a struggle. He may be due a fall at some point to make it more of a struggle I suppose but still feels a bit quick.

And give him a decent finisher!
    I don't know how fast it's really been, since Otis has been paid more attention and started the connection with Mandy at the end of 2019. He had the heartache from Valentines Day up until April, as well.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWo4LifeOr2Years View Post
    The women are already on me about not cancelling the Network but I can't stand Asuka Fuji or Otis the Morbidly Obese as comic relief let alone one of two 'world' champions if that isn't the oxymoron to end all oxymorons that can only exist in the wonderful world of wrestling, um, I mean, sports entertainment.

Asuka could kill Marko Stunt if he got too close to her while she was putting together an office chair.

And Otis probably took a dump today bigger than Marko Cunt.

Fuck that guy. He's worse than anything WWE's done since... well... at least Mantaur.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Safe to say Otis not going to successfully cash in?

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    I don't know how fast it's really been, since Otis has been paid more attention and started the connection with Mandy at the end of 2019. He had the heartache from Valentines Day up until April, as well.
    He did have that yes. My point was since winning Mandy’s heart at Mania, the rise has been very fast including winning this. It feels to me like it should be joyous midcard rather than title contention but I guess we’ll wait and see.

Also what’s going on with Tucker at the mo? It’s like he doesn’t exist!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kinda weird Asuka knocking Corbin down too since both cases were hanging. But I like the intergender stuff. Now the question is who does Otis try to cash in on. We know it probably won't be Braun

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He did have that yes. My point was since winning Mandy’s heart at Mania, the rise has been very fast including winning this. It feels to me like it should be joyous midcard rather than title contention but I guess we’ll wait and see.

Also what’s going on with Tucker at the mo? It’s like he doesn’t exist!
    You can say it's fast but it's still been built on a foundation of several months. The INSTANT they teased Mandy and Otis, people were hooked and wanted it to be more than a one-off gag. They kept adding and adding, and it continued to make storytelling sense for the most part. If that happens, you've got an investable character. Like Sasori said, a major variable is taken out of the equation now with the lack of crowds. You'd like to think Otis would be on a massive roll since Mania and they're just doubling down. If you have lightning in a bottle, why wouldn't you go for it now?

I like the mindset: either do something or evolve the tag team. Seems to me, they've made their choice. I think it's the right one, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegunn View Post
    Kinda weird Asuka knocking Corbin down too since both cases were hanging. But I like the intergender stuff. Now the question is who does Otis try to cash in on. We know it probably won't be Braun
    Unless they're changing philosophies, this era of the briefcase since the brand split has indicated you challenge the champion on your brand. It's just a matter of who the champion is at the time.

There's literally a variety of things they can do.
    Initially they can have...
    Otis cashes in and loses
    Otis cashes in and Tucker screws him
    Otis cashes in and Mandy screws him
    Otis sacrifices his briefcase because someone is threatening Mandy
    Otis loses the briefcase in a match
    Otis cashes in and wins
    Last edited by BGMaverick; May 11th, 2020 at 12:20 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's going to be weird seeing Otis try to cash in against freaking Strowman. Or Bray.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Otis tries to complete the "Fairytale" plot that is his life.

Strowman plants him in the ground like a tent stake.

The end.

Honestly, I'd rather see Otis/Drew Mac. They could probably have a Hell of a match. Maybe Seth Rollins fucks Otis over and tries to force an alliance with Mac. Drew respects Rollins as an athlete, but he isn't sold on being a sycophant follower of Rollins and kicks him to the curb.

Next big pay-per-view, Drew Mac and Otis vs. Seth Rollins and Murphy in a big tag-team attraction.

Tucker returns and fucks over Otis and they feud moving forward.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Doing a glorified brawling segment with some hit or miss gags is better than having those people brutalize themselves in front of an audience of zero.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can say it's fast but it's still been built on a foundation of several months. The INSTANT they teased Mandy and Otis, people were hooked and wanted it to be more than a one-off gag. They kept adding and adding, and it continued to make storytelling sense for the most part. If that happens, you've got an investable character. Like Sasori said, a major variable is taken out of the equation now with the lack of crowds. You'd like to think Otis would be on a massive roll since Mania and they're just doubling down. If you have lightning in a bottle, why wouldn't you go for it now?

I like the mindset: either do something or evolve the tag team. Seems to me, they've made their choice. I think it's the right one, as well.

Unless they're changing philosophies, this era of the briefcase since the brand split has indicated you challenge the champion on your brand. It's just a matter of who the champion is at the time.

Otis cashes in and loses
    Otis cashes in and wins
    I will give this a chance and can see where you and Sasori are coming from but still feels strange a bit. The journey to Otis getting the girl was well done but Tucker was influential in that storyline too and I feel they should have at least gotten a tag title run before Otis being to the moon.

I do like the dude, hell started a thread on him which I haven't bumped because don't want to spoil things outside this thread but still this is fast and strange.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will give this a chance and can see where you and Sasori are coming from but still feels strange a bit. The journey to Otis getting the girl was well done but Tucker was influential in that storyline too and I feel they should have at least gotten a tag title run before Otis being to the moon.

I do like the dude, hell started a thread on him which I haven't bumped because don't want to spoil things outside this thread but still this is fast and strange.
    Vince doesn't give a shit about the tag team division lol. That ebbs and flows based on his mood and then he's in cruise control with that division. So I'd rather take my chances on the the more engaging individual.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vince doesn't give a shit about the tag team division lol. That ebbs and flows based on his mood and then he's in cruise control with that division. So I'd rather take my chances on the the more engaging individual.
    If it's any consolation for me, think back to that discussion we had about who would turn on Otis between Tucker and Sonya and who ended up being right?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's any consolation for me, think back to that discussion we had about who would turn on Otis between Tucker and Sonya and who ended up being right?
    I may be wrong, but I believe I made an argument for both and you just saw more with the side you're angling as the right side.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may be wrong, but I believe I made an argument for both and you just saw more with the side you're angling as the right side.
    I made an argument for all sides but was pushing Sonya. You were initially convinced it was Tucker but I pointed out right away Sonya had easier access to the phone.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made an argument for all sides but was pushing Sonya. You were initially convinced it was Tucker but I pointed out right away Sonya had easier access to the phone.
    Fair enough, Badgestradamus.
    I think it still would have been a compelling story to make it Tucker because you still could have had Mandy and Sonya do what you're doing now. Instead...Tucker isn't doing shit lol. So I feel the point is still being proven.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All good dude. At least you are good to acquiesce unlike WWXChairman who has taken away 80% of my sanity whoever that is!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All good dude. At least you are good to acquiesce unlike WWXChairman who has taken away 80% of my sanity whoever that is!
    Joke is on you, since that's my burner...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two of the last three men's cash-ins didn't result in a title change. Anything can happen, but it's a bit too soon to have another failed attempt.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quick hits:

-Bayley, since turning heel, has been on fire. Whomever finally goes over her, when the live crowds return, is going to look like a million bucks.
    -Successful title defenses for Braun and Drew, who both need lengthy runs; keep the straps on them until live crowds return, let them enjoy the applause before dropping the titles at Survivor Series (or Summer Slam at the absolute earliest).
    -I’m fine with Otis and Asuka winning, two competitors who have been booked recently as comedic relief; one-and-done failed cash-in challengers who can burn a month off the TV schedule while crowds are absent.
    -Kind of disappointed with Asuka being used in the comedy relief role, I feel if given a good heel manager she could return to the levels that management thinks Shayna is at.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is always the chance that Otis pulls a Charlotte and cashes in on NXT.
    Asuka not failing cash in on Becky. They have been waiting to get title off her. But personally I would have Kaire beat Becky and Asuka turn on her.
    Last edited by Bluegunn; May 11th, 2020 at 4:47 AM.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by NWo4LifeOr2Years View Post

Asuka Fuji? Really.

Last edited by Peter Griffin; May 11th, 2020 at 6:53 AM.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Not only is he racist, but a fat shamer too. The state of the world today. ��

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Hes a knob mate.
    Last edited by Peter Griffin; May 11th, 2020 at 7:33 AM.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I always liked Mr. Fuji. He was like a evil Mr. Miyagi. Vince dropped the ball not having Fuji turn face and start teaching crane kicks to young wrestlers in the 80s.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the two world title matches were the best matches of the night. Both well done. Looking forward to the Fiend wrecking Braun.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    I thought the two world title matches were the best matches of the night. Both well done. Looking forward to the Fiend wrecking Braun.
    And I'm looking forward to Braun wrecking the Fiend!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    And I'm looking forward to Braun wrecking the Fiend!
    well we know that isn't happening Donald lol

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    well we know that isn't happening Donald lol
    If the Fiend hadn't wrecked Strowman with ease during his feud with Rollins, I'd say there was a possibility.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the Fiend hadn't wrecked Strowman with ease during his feud with Rollins, I'd say there was a possibility.
    even then, there isn't a possibility. he isn't beating regular Bray and then Fiend back to back unless Bray is leaving the company

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Otis cashes in and loses
    Otis cashes in and wins
    Don't forget the possibility that WWE allows Otis to remain a stand-up guy, and he uses the MITB contract to not just help himself, but also his buddy Tucker, and Heavy Machinery will get a tag title shot.

Otis still hasn't had a WWE championship of any kind yet, has he?

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought aside from the Tamina-Bayley match this was a great show. Drew v. Seth always delivers. The fatal fourway was slick. Bray v. Braun was very good even though it was pretty short. Loved the main event. Felt like I was playing Here Comes The Pain for PS2.

Asuka winning was actually surprising. I had her 3rd under Lacey (1) and Shayna (2). Good thing I wore my Asuka shirt. Otis winning.....Arguably the biggest shock in terms of MITB winners. He wasn't even on my radar I just figured this was just a way to get him in the mix with top guys like AJ and Bryan.

Overall I give the show a 7. Take out the Tamina match and it's easily an 8, maybe 9. But there's just no excuse for Tamina being on the roster other than she makes the bare fucking minimum. Just sad when you think about guys that definitely made more money but were worth it getting released like Rusev, Gallows, Anderson, shit even that fuck Lio Rush had more of an upside.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    This was actually an alright show. Very watchable.

- Fun opener to start off. I cracked up when Graves said "for a second I thought Juventud Guerrera had joined Lucha House Party". I'd noticed his wig at that exact moment as well.
    - Truth playing to an invisible crowd made me lol too. I was quite looking forward to the two old timers having a match before Lashley came out. Was what it was.
    - Drew/Seth was real good. Would've been fun to see that match in front of a crowd. Both worked hard and delivered. I liked Drew kicking out at 1 that couple of times.
    - I skipped Bayley/Tamina and Braun/Bray because I figured both would be shit but I hear the latter wasn't so may give that a watch.
    - MITB was hit and miss but fun stuff overall. I was so on board at the start. Was cracking up at the trash talk. AJ, Otis, Corbin and Bryan's quips were all great. AJ is just generally a hilarious man. He was great in the Boneyard match and he was great here. Brother Love/Rey was amusing enough. The bloke in the clown make up emerging from behind the chair and Steph's exposition were terrible but I was back on board by the food fight. Could've done more in Vince's office I reckon but that was fine. Baszler, Brooke and Carmella not re-emerging for the rooftop section was weird. Asuka and Otis at least feel like fresh enough choices to take the briefcases. Baszler and Black would've probably been my picks, but hey ho.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    I don't think Metalik was wearing a wig, just a topless mask. He wore one like it at Elimination Chamber, too...he usually has his hair sticking out the back of his mask.

I also liked Drew kicking out at one, and I think he did it, kayfabe or not, because Seth kicked out at one after Drew gave him a good beating kinda early into the match.

Bayley/Tamina was good and worth seeing, I might add, for Bayley's performance. She continues to be one of the more creative wrestlers in the ring. I liked it better than Braun/Bray, which features solid work, but a pretty pedestrian start to finish and the stupidity of puppets to boot...

I forgot about the New Doink appearence. I wonder who the creep playing him was? I'm all for a return of the clown

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    even then, there isn't a possibility. he isn't beating regular Bray and then Fiend back to back unless Bray is leaving the company
    Why is it such a sure thing though? I mean yeah, he dominated Rollins and Bryan, but he fell to Goldberg. And Goldberg fell to Strowman, so shouldn't it be a possibility that Strowman can beat the Fiend?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    I always liked Mr. Fuji. He was like a evil Mr. Miyagi. Vince dropped the ball not having Fuji turn face and start teaching crane kicks to young wrestlers in the 80s.
    They would have just called him Kung Fuji like they did with Funaki.

I kinda wish we saw Dana run out of the building with her fake briefcase. That was a missed storyline.

Match felt like the days of the gimmick.

Strowman needs to face this doink.
    Last edited by Bluegunn; May 11th, 2020 at 11:52 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is it such a sure thing though? I mean yeah, he dominated Rollins and Bryan, but he fell to Goldberg. And Goldberg fell to Strowman, so shouldn't it be a possibility that Strowman can beat the Fiend?
    No not after he just beat Bray last night. I mean I guess there is a .1% chance. I can't see them having the Fiend lose again this soon. In kayfabe sense yes he has a chance. But I am talking about creative sense.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a missed opportunity when Corbin threw Rey and Aleister off the roof. After Rey went over, they should have cut to the parking lot and showed, say, Bradshaw going to his car. He hears a voice yelling and looks up to see Rey right before landing on top of him. Then Ron Simmons shows up and says "DAMN!" right before Aleister lands on him.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they forgot Shaena was in the match. I don't remember seeing her after choking out rey.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall, I liked the presentation of the MITB, but there were a few weird edits/angles.

Why was Baron staring so intently after he threw the weight through the mirror. Was he surprised that mirrors break? Concerned about the 7 years bad luck? Thinking about whether he had found a warp zone?

Obviously, the off the roof angle lacked some impact.

Also, this is a little different, but it really didn't look like it was going to be that tough for AJ to wiggle out from under the bar.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Overall, I liked the presentation of the MITB, but there were a few weird edits/angles.

Why was Baron staring so intently after he threw the weight through the mirror. Was he surprised that mirrors break? Concerned about the 7 years bad luck? Thinking about whether he had found a warp zone?

Obviously, the off the roof angle lacked some impact.

Also, this is a little different, but it really didn't look like it was going to be that tough for AJ to wiggle out from under the bar.
    King Dumbfuck was probably afraid he was going to get in trouble for breaking the mirror?

That's what it felt like at first.

Like a big 'ol "Oh shit!" look.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    King Dumbfuck was probably afraid he was going to get in trouble for breaking the mirror?

That's what it felt like at first.

Like a big 'ol "Oh shit!" look.
    Like Corbin knew broke Vince's favorite mirror and he knew he was in for a ass chewing.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I must admit I am proud there wasnt 500 comments about steph trashing dana and nia.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I really enjoyed the opening 4-way tag match and the Drew and Seth match. Cesaro and Jeff was really good too and I'd have swapped that with the MVP/Lashley/Truth segment and had it on the main show.

I expected more smoke and mirrors stuff with the Bray/Braun match with this one being pre-recorded. I don't particularly like Bray or Braun at the moment, so wasn't fussed either way.

Bayley is on fire at the moment and for that reason, a match featuring Tamina was more than bearable. Nice.

Main event, more hit than miss. Fun match. Not sure about Otis winning and the way in which he won it, but we'll see how this goes.

Overall, good show and lovely to see it run at just about 2 hours 20. Nice.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asuka could kill Marko Stunt if he got too close to her while she was putting together an office chair.

And Otis probably took a dump today bigger than Marko Cunt.

Fuck that guy. He's worse than anything WWE's done since... well... at least Mantaur.
    right?

Or perhaps that leprechaun dude who was literally living under the ring and was Vince's illegitimate son.

.or until Vince signs him then Stunt is another Otis I'm sure.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The thing that sticks with me, 2 days after the PPV, is Bray Wyatt's stare after the match, with the Fiend flashing. Just really good stuff. Looking forward to seeing where Strowman/Wyatt leads to, and if Otis factors in anywhere.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah imo there's nobody better than Bray Wyatt in the entire wrestling industry. It's not all about what moves you do. He can wrestle there's no question about that. But damn, his character work is brilliant. He understands the little things. That look at the end, that blank stare was something we'd see Jack Nicholson do in the Shining, staring at the typewriter.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bray was fantastic in that match. He's so invested in this character and shows it with every performance.
    Last edited by Sasori; May 12th, 2020 at 5:29 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy is the total package. If Vince needs guys who look the part, Bray Wyatt looks the part. He delivers in every aspect. The only knock on him from my end would be that I'm not sure how long he can go. He's had several injuries stall his momentum at various times.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Braun played his part excellently too. I was hoping for a reunion between the two, but also happy with how it turned out. A pairing of Strowman and the Fiend would be unstoppable, but the Fiend doesn't really need anyone. Just thought it would be something fresh and different to give to Strowman.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Braun played his part excellently too. I was hoping for a reunion between the two, but also happy with how it turned out. A pairing of Strowman and the Fiend would be unstoppable, but the Fiend doesn't really need anyone. Just thought it would be something fresh and different to give to Strowman.
    Bray and Strowman are showing that honestly, there is no point in 2 "World" champions. Braun is the "looks like a wrestler!" World champion people can get behind and Bray is a fantastic villain.

I like Drew but they have him doing some corny shit. People say Roman was booked like Diesel and I'm kind of seeing it with Drew as well. Actually I see it more with Drew because Drew had Dolph. And as heels they were killing it, it was just that Drew had a weird vocabulary at times during promos. But this whole "3-2-1" and always smiling trying to crack jokes.....That's not the Drew people want to see. He wasn't like that in NXT or TNA when he was a top guy over there.

I don't know....I think Braun v. Drew unifying the titles would be great. Either or is a positive choice, Drew just needs to be more badass and not so company man.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just hope they don’t Cena him up. It’s good to be strong and dominant but not too much so. Also the lack of crowd is hurting him a bit too as he was getting great pops before this virus crisis started.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to post these...
    Meltzer's Ratings

Hardy versus Cesaro: 3.5
    New Day versus Miz and Morrison versus Lucha House Party versus Forgotten Sons: 3.5
    Lashley versus R-Truth: 1.0
    Bayley versus Tamina: 1.5
    Strowman versus Wyatt: Dud
    McIntyre versus Rollins: 4.25
    MITB: N/A

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N/A? Rate it, you coward.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Snobby bastard just cos it wasn't in the ring.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Money In The Bank match was basically "Its A Mad, Mad, Mad World".

I'll give it two thumbs up.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Money In The Bank match was basically "Its A Mad, Mad, Mad World".

I'll give it two thumbs up.
    Asuka dancing in the lift already made it 5 stars.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need a separate ranking system for these cinematic matches.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am shocked Strowman vs Wyatt got a dud. I thought it was one of the better matches on the show.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I am shocked Strowman vs Wyatt got a dud. I thought it was one of the better matches on the show.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it is Meltzer.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wyatt/Strowman was just more theater w/ some wrestling sprinkled on. I don't get the impression there's a competition or a fight happening, just phony schlock. But still, would have given it at least a star.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is all my opinion so I'm not trying to sway you, lol. It was alright but I thought the WWE title match, tag title match, and MITB match were considerably better. Then I was more surprised with how entertained I was with the women's title match. The Universal title match had some cool spots but I saw it as what it was: a chapter in a longer story they're looking to tell.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still didn’t deserve a dud. Shite Meltzer bias.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is all my opinion so I'm not trying to sway you, lol. It was alright but I thought the WWE title match, tag title match, and MITB match were considerably better. Then I was more surprised with how entertained I was with the women's title match. The Universal title match had some cool spots but I saw it as what it was: a chapter in a longer story they're looking to tell.
    I thought the WWE title was the best on the show followed by the Universal. I wasn't a fan of the money in the bank honestly. I was a big fan of the graveyard and firefly matches but this didn't click for me.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the whole show sans Tamina v. Bayley was great. I would watch it again.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I thought the whole show sans Tamina v. Bayley was great. I would watch it again.
    Tamina is Poochie. Tried it once in years and now they’ve done it hope she back to her home planet.

Credit to Bayley for doing her best though.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the WWE title was the best on the show followed by the Universal. I wasn't a fan of the money in the bank honestly. I was a big fan of the graveyard and firefly matches but this didn't click for me.
    One of the funniest parts of MITB to me was Bryan's outright enthusiasm before the match started. Didn't mean anything at all but I found that oddly hilarious.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the funniest parts of MITB to me was Bryan's outright enthusiasm before the match started. Didn't mean anything at all but I found that oddly hilarious.
    Best bit for me was the start. Asuka jazzing in the lift.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Meltzer probably heard Cornette's rant on the Strowman match and said "Gee I can't give it a star now" Nothing wrong with the match. Sure, if there was a crowd there wouldn't have been puppets, and that stuff, but also, if there was a crowd then Braun Strowman wouldn't be champion, Roman Reigns would be. While a Reigns/Fiend feud sounds much better than a Strowman/Fiend feud, it's still enjoyable.