User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dark Side of the Ring

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The plane ride from Hell was a fucked up situation. How many people other than Goldust were fired because of that? Perfect?

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like they’re scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

Season four:
    The Outrageous Gags of Mister Fugi
    Greg Gagne’s Tall Tales of the AWA
    The Day King Kong Bundy Slammed A ‘Midget’
    Blading in Pro Wrestling Unveiled!
    How to do a drop kick with Don Muraco
    Bad News Brown Stain*

*Andre The Giant Diarrhea Incident

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWo4LifeOr2Years View Post

Season four:
    Bad News Brown Stain*

I would love to hear Greg Gagne tell us about how he created the nWo storyline, invented Hulkamania, and helped bring Hogan to WCW.

Truthfully, these are incredible stories. If you're ignorant to their importance then I suggest you watching them.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I would love to hear Greg Gagne tell us about how he created the nWo storyline, invented Hulkamania, and helped bring Hogan to WCW.

Truthfully, these are incredible stories. If you're ignorant to their importance then I suggest you watching them.

Obviously, you’ve already heard all of Gagne’s stories as we all have....

as far as them ‘all’ being ‘incredible’, that’s a matter of opinion, not fact based on who is or isn’t hip to what you consider to be incredible or that makes them ignorant.

My point simply was and is that the third year seems to be slipping in terms of ‘behind the curtain’ type of storytelling to general knowledge stories all wrestling fans know.

Theres only so many Snuka’s, Benoits, Bruiser Brody, Von Erichs, Dino Bravos et all, etc. out there to do behind the scenes horror stories on.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously, you’ve already heard all of Gagne’s stories as we all have....

as far as them ‘all’ being ‘incredible’, that’s a matter of opinion, not fact based on who is or isn’t hip to what you consider to be incredible or that makes them ignorant.

My point simply was and is that the third year seems to be slipping in terms of ‘behind the curtain’ type of storytelling to general knowledge stories all wrestling fans know.

Theres only so many Snuka’s, Benoits, Bruiser Brody, Von Erichs, Dino Bravos et all, etc. out there to do behind the scenes horror stories on.
    I don't mean ignorant in a bad way, I'll use the word "not familiar" with some of these topics then you might write them off. It was just a general statement toward people who are not familiar with stuff like FMW, Nick Gage, Plane Ride from Hell, you'd have to be a pretty big fan of wrestling to know any of that stuff.

I'll be honest, these shows are cool but they don't do the business any favors because it's such a niche product. It's like when people hear heavy metal, most just assume it's long haired tatted up devil worshippers. People see this show and it just adds to the stereotype that wrestlers are pretty much piece of shit psychopaths for the most part.

But as a fan, these are great. If you're just wanting the same 10 stories that have been told 340 different ways in the last 20-30 years, this ain't for you. If you're willing to expand your knowledge, this is good. I mean, YOU might feel negative about say the XPW episode and then you watch it and become a fan--I hope you don't, XPW was terrible but until we see these shows drop who knows. For me, The Dino Bravo episode wasn't fascinating at all. He was a low card talent and his death was what it was. I doubt even a casual who remembered him from 1988 had been wondering whatever happened to Dino Bravo lol.

They're not for the casual who only knows Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, and John Cena.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Season four:
    Bad News Brown Stain*

Fuji was the WWF's "fixer" on the road. It was his job to clean up all kinds of dark shit no one ever heard about. You joke but that would end up being the darkest episode of Dark Side of the Ring and they're doing an episode on Grizzly Smith.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I'm interested in all of them to be honest. Some of them I already know quite a bit about but I'm looking forward to seeing how they tackle them (plane ride from hell and collision in korea for example). I know very little about Bruiser Bedlam or even Kanyon really outside of his coming out and suicide. Nick Gage and Dynamite Kid are pretty fascinating characters who wrestling fans and non-wrestling fans alike would be intrigued by. I'm not sure that Warrior, Luna or Pillman stand out as having particularly interesting stories beyond the ways that they died but maybe I'll be surprised. The Grizzly Smith story is obviously the darkest shit here - I hope they go after the people who gave him jobs and worked with him for so long despite his crimes apparently being common knowledge. I've heard Jake talk about him on podcasts in the past but I'm not sure he's ever gone into that much detail. Plenty of criminality involved with XPW and FMW as well and I hope they've got interviews with the key players from both promotions.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Pillman episode is up on YouTube now, it's a two parter so you'll have wait for part 2 though. Was really good and was a lot darker than I expected, I knew most of the story as most on here will but still revealed quite a lot more than I didn't know or know in that much detail.

Its only got to the point where he's had the car crash so hasn't really got into drugs, injury, depression and his death yet and it's quite a horrifying story.

Seemed like a very conflicted guy, caused a lot of his own problems but still despite doing some pretty bad stuff comes across as a likeable bloke as well

I live this series, it's just loads of interesting stories, I mean they've somewhat put themselves in a corner with the name of the show cause there's a lot of stories that they could expand on that doesn't have bad endings but the premise and what people expect is total tragedy now.

They still have loads they can cover though, they could easily get another 4/5 series out if they want to but it'll be more obscure stories at that point.

Hopefully it'll also inspire some to make similar documentaries looking at some of the stories that aren't so tragic though as there's some great ones where people have had to overcome adversity in their lives to become a success. It's not all downbeat int he wretling industry.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    Fuji was the WWF's "fixer" on the road. It was his job to clean up all kinds of dark shit no one ever heard about. You joke but that would end up being the darkest episode of Dark Side of the Ring and they're doing an episode on Grizzly Smith.
    Really thinking about it man if someone could have gotten Fuji to talk near the end it would have been something. He knew where all the bodies were buried.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I'm interested in all of them to be honest. Some of them I already know quite a bit about but I'm looking forward to seeing how they tackle them (plane ride from hell and collision in korea for example). I know very little about Bruiser Bedlam or even Kanyon really outside of his coming out and suicide. Nick Gage and Dynamite Kid are pretty fascinating characters who wrestling fans and non-wrestling fans alike would be intrigued by. I'm not sure that Warrior, Luna or Pillman stand out as having particularly interesting stories beyond the ways that they died but maybe I'll be surprised. The Grizzly Smith story is obviously the darkest shit here - I hope they go after the people who gave him jobs and worked with him for so long despite his crimes apparently being common knowledge. I've heard Jake talk about him on podcasts in the past but I'm not sure he's ever gone into that much detail. Plenty of criminality involved with XPW and FMW as well and I hope they've got interviews with the key players from both promotions.
    I'm speaking on this as someone who hasn't watched the Pillman episode yet on YouTube but there are a lot of fucked up stories ESPECIALLY after he died. Listen to his son talk about what their mom did with all that money Vince gave her, the money from the memorial shows, etc. Plus he had to put up with a ton of shit during his early days in WCW, his childhood was rough too.

Luna will be cool. Gangrel is such a good dude and he's lightly touched on her demons over the years. This is actually one of the more interesting ones for me because I do not know much about her outside of the WWF and ECW stuff she did, the shoots she's done were pretty eye opening, very awesome, very cool yet tough as fuck woman.

Warrior.....The dealings with him behind the scenes, his speaking engagements at colleges after his wrestling career ended, and then the obvious craziness behind his sudden passing after cutting one of the greatest promos of all time (for me) foreshadowing his death like he was Biggie Smalls.

I'm intrigued with the Grizzly Smith one as well. BEYOND THE MAT was really the introduction most of us fans who weren't deep deep deep in the dirt sheets had to not just Grizzly Smith but the darkness involved in that story. It wasn't until I saw that Jake the Snake DVD the WWF put out that I even knew about what happened to Jake's sister. Maybe I did and just never registered it, but holy shit that family is fucking insane.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had no idea Gangrel and Luna were married.

Pillman’s son is in some of the DDPY classes I’ve been doing so they’ll be an easy one to get my wife to watch with me.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    I had no idea Gangrel and Luna were married.

Pillman’s son is in some of the DDPY classes I’ve been doing so they’ll be an easy one to get my wife to watch with me.
    Yep and now that you know it's one of those "That makes total sense" LOL. If you ever get a chance, look up a shoot they did together, probably early early 2000's. I can't find the full interview but holy shit, Luna is the baddest bitch of all time:

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks man, I’ll check it out. I vaguely remember her during her time in WWF but she’s not really standing out in my mind.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks man, I’ll check it out. I vaguely remember her during her time in WWF but she’s not really standing out in my mind.
    Oh man if you were watching from like 1994-1999ish I think she was there heavily. Especially when Sable hit. Hop on the Network and check out some of her stuff. I think the last shit she did was the Oddities with ICP, Golga, Giant Silva, and Kurgan. I know in that shoot I shared, well the full shoot, she just shits on ICP so hard. HOnestly I don't think she liked anyone in the business, including Gangrel lol.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man if you were watching from like 1994-1999ish I think she was there heavily. Especially when Sable hit. Hop on the Network and check out some of her stuff. I think the last shit she did was the Oddities with ICP, Golga, Giant Silva, and Kurgan. I know in that shoot I shared, well the full shoot, she just shits on ICP so hard. HOnestly I don't think she liked anyone in the business, including Gangrel lol.
    Yeah I was a big fan back then so I’m obviously blocking her out of my memory haha. I remember the Oddities but barely remember her at all. It’s crazy how much of the late 90s wrestling I’ve forgotten.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I was a big fan back then so I’m obviously blocking her out of my memory haha. I remember the Oddities but barely remember her at all. It’s crazy how much of the late 90s wrestling I’ve forgotten.
    I'll throw some shit out here:

Bam Bam Bigelow/Luna v. Doink/Dink @ Mania 10.

Goldust managed by Luna when he was doing the Manson-dust shit.

The evening gown match with Sable.

If you really want to dive into her library, check out ECW. She teamed up w/ Dreamer challenging Raven/Richards for the tag-team titles. Then she did a steel-caged match against Stevie and I THINK that's where we get the iconic footage of Raven cuffed to the cage and gets crushed by a chair via Dreamer.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll throw some shit out here:

Bam Bam Bigelow/Luna v. Doink/Dink @ Mania 10.

Goldust managed by Luna when he was doing the Manson-dust shit.

The evening gown match with Sable.

If you really want to dive into her library, check out ECW. She teamed up w/ Dreamer challenging Raven/Richards for the tag-team titles. Then she did a steel-caged match against Stevie and I THINK that's where we get the iconic footage of Raven cuffed to the cage and gets crushed by a chair via Dreamer.
    I do remember her with Bam Bam and the evening gown match with Sable. Definitely don’t remember her with Goldust.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do remember her with Bam Bam and the evening gown match with Sable. Definitely don’t remember her with Goldust.
    I think this was right around the time of the Sable feud. This is when Mero came back and was like an abusive husband.

Cena Era Fanbase
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The plane ride from Hell was a fucked up situation. How many people other than Goldust were fired because of that? Perfect?

Perfect was... and I believe this was the last straw for Scott Hall as well.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That era felt like the culmination of decades of the wrestling business being "darker" than what people ever truly understood. When Eddie died then a year or so later Benoit killed himself and his family the WWE had no choice but to really start trying to make a bigger effort in cleaning up the business. Even if other promotions and parts of the world didn't and still haven't followed suit, they had no choice.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    Really thinking about it man if someone could have gotten Fuji to talk near the end it would have been something. He knew where all the bodies were buried.
    Fuji talked all the time:

”Pain, torture”

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Pillman DSTOR was just sad. It just made me really sad for all those kids.

I've enjoyed watching Pillman Jr grow as a performer. I'm not too keen on the Varsity Blonds, but he's leagues better than he was in the Hart Foundation in MLW. Give him another 2-3 years and that kid will be a beast in the ring.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Collision in korea has been the most surprising episode this season. I knew about it, but never heard any of these stories before.

Scorpio is the fucking man btw

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I had never heard of it.

Scott Norton is such a dumbass. Who goes to North Korea and doesn't think their phone is going to be tapped?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I had never heard of it.

Scott Norton is such a dumbass. Who goes to North Korea and doesn't think their phone is going to be tapped?
    This was in 1995 though. and he was talking to his wife and trying to calm her down. I can see why he wasn't thinking about it.

Cena Era Fanbase
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuji talked all the time:

”Pain, torture”
    "And you will suffaaaaaaah"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Collision in korea has been the most surprising episode this season. I knew about it, but never heard any of these stories before.

Scorpio is the fucking man btw
    I always liked Scorpio and it seemed odd to me at the time that he was just gone from WCW. Now I guess we know a little more why. Him saying he had Hawk's eyeball halfway out of his skull made me wince. I also get why Bischoff was genuinely concerned for that woman that was supposed to keep an eye on him, but he went for a jog and she was livid. I hope they didn't disappear her after they left.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's almost impossible to believe everything you hear especially after Jake the Snake flat out lied about the Warrior angle.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's almost impossible to believe everything you hear especially after Jake the Snake flat out lied about the Warrior angle.
    About them being a tag team or about Warrior saying he didn't care about Jake or his family?

It was pretty obvious his ex wife was making up a lot of that shit at the gym that Warrior supposedly said to her. It felt like an improv comedy sketch, yes and...

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About them being a tag team or about Warrior saying he didn't care about Jake or his family?

It was pretty obvious his ex wife was making up a lot of that shit at the gym that Warrior supposedly said to her. It felt like an improv comedy sketch, yes and...
    No, the part where Jake said he was going to feud with Warrior and get the World title run he'd been waiting on lol. It was total bullshit, he's never once said in like 2 billion interviews over the last 20 years that him and Warrior were going to feud for the World title and he was going to win it. He WAS going to feud with Warrior, he DID have to go talk to Warrior and get his approval, but it was never in a million years going to be for the World title.

I remember watching it with my friend and we were like, hold up, wasn't Hogan champ? Then didn't it get vacated, Flair wins it, Jake is fuckin gone by Mania 8 doing the job to Undertaker on his way out. There's no way Vince in 1991 was going to put the belt back on Warrior so quickly and then give it to Jake lol.

I'm not going to speak on his ex-wife. They spent way too much time on that aspect but that's all they really had. Nobody of worth participated beyond JR and Cornette which was good enough for me. The downside was that they had pretty much NOBODY from the 80's and early early 90's speaking on Warrior. They couldn't find anyone but Jake? Then again....Pretty much everyone he worked with are deceased or in the WWE. I assume Sting's rate I mean morals were too high for this lowbrow shitshow (which I love).

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not going to speak on his ex-wife. They spent way too much time on that aspect but that's all they really had. Nobody of worth participated beyond JR and Cornette which was good enough for me. The downside was that they had pretty much NOBODY from the 80's and early early 90's speaking on Warrior. They couldn't find anyone but Jake? Then again....Pretty much everyone he worked with are deceased or in the WWE. I assume Sting's rate I mean morals were too high for this lowbrow shitshow (which I love).
    Sting turned them down. Hogan is part of WWE and I don't think they allow them to participate. I guess they couldn't gotten Honkey Tonk Man? I can't think of anyone else that is alive.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    Sting turned them down. Hogan is part of WWE and I don't think they allow them to participate. I guess they couldn't gotten Honkey Tonk Man? I can't think of anyone else that is alive.
    Yeah they had really no one they could use and unfortunately those they did couldn't even acknowledge the guy was a top guy, a legend, and influenced many many people that have been in wrestling the last 30 years.

I haven't seen the A&E one but I heard it's not exactly any better lol.

The truth is, I was never a Warrior fan despite my mom thinking I was and buying me a poster for my birthday back in 1989-1990. I just wasn't into those super jacked chiseled dudes and I've never been a dick about in-ring ability considering Kevin Nash and Hulk Hogan are my #1 and #4 favorites of all time respectively. But holy shit this guy was a tool. I still wish him and Nash fought for real like Nash proposed, 500k from each, winner take all.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just remembered Flair, Million Dollar Man and Slaughter but they are all associated with WWE.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jake's timeline was really throwing me off too, I've never heard anything about this big Jake-Warrior run. Not from Jake, Bruce, any of the conrad people, nothing.

I've heard more about jake signing his rights away to the WWF so he could go get a fat WCW contract and then Bill Watts came in and killed that too

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard about the potential Jake/Warrior feud but not for the title.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah they had really no one they could use and unfortunately those they did couldn't even acknowledge the guy was a top guy, a legend, and influenced many many people that have been in wrestling the last 30 years.

I haven't seen the A&E one but I heard it's not exactly any better lol.
    They had Sam Roberts and Peter Rosenberg featured. That should tell you enough about that. I can't believe they didn't have a recent interview with Hogan.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched the Warrior episode last night and they had nothing but his ex wife, who was faking every word. This was a disappointing episode.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Watched the Warrior episode last night and they had nothing but his ex wife, who was faking every word. This was a disappointing episode.
    I definitely think she had crocodile tears but I can't say she was faking every word.

Shit I didn't even know the guy was married prior to Dana.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought his ex wife came of fairly well. She didn't really shit on him even though she could have and probables gave him more props than anyone else ever has.

It was a poor episode though. Basically just said he was a shit wrestler with a good look and energy and he rubbed the guys up the wrong way with his ego.

Everyone already knew this, didn't even get into roids which was probably the best angle they could have had for making it more grim.

Worst of the three series so far.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Fuck. What an episode. Just fuck Grizzley Smith.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chatty View Post
    I thought his ex wife came of fairly well. She didn't really shit on him even though she could have and probables gave him more props than anyone else ever has.

It was a poor episode though. Basically just said he was a shit wrestler with a good look and energy and he rubbed the guys up the wrong way with his ego.

Everyone already knew this, didn't even get into roids which was probably the best angle they could have had for making it more grim.

Worst of the three series so far.
    The problem I have with some of these shows is that there is very little that they cover that we didn't already know over the last 20-25 years. Like the Montreal episode, there was absolutely nothing I had never heard, including Scott Hall's take on it being a work.

So with Warrior, and others, I have to remember not everyone is a big mark like me when it comes to wrestling lol. My best friend for example isn't one but he loves wrestling and he was blown away by the episode. He had never heard about Warrior doing the public speakings and what that entailed lol.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck. What an episode. Just fuck Grizzley Smith.
    This was a particularly dark one like but I think we all knew it would be.

As fucked up as some of the 80s lots were I can't even imagine what a lot of the 60s and 70s wrestlers were able to get away with.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem I have with some of these shows is that there is very little that they cover that we didn't already know over the last 20-25 years. Like the Montreal episode, there was absolutely nothing I had never heard, including Scott Hall's take on it being a work.

So with Warrior, and others, I have to remember not everyone is a big mark like me when it comes to wrestling lol. My best friend for example isn't one but he loves wrestling and he was blown away by the episode. He had never heard about Warrior doing the public speakings and what that entailed lol.
    Yeah, I mean it's gonna be targeting different audiences but it just wasn't particularly dark. He lived a pretty good life and made the most out of what he had. Excelled even when you take into account he wasn't very talented.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I mean it's gonna be targeting different audiences but it just wasn't particularly dark. He lived a pretty good life and made the most out of what he had. Excelled even when you take into account he wasn't very talented.
    I think the "dark" stuff was the contract issues with WWF and then the 5 minutes they spent on his public speaking debacle.

I mean, they had to resort to Jake the Snake lying just to fill some void.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the "dark" stuff was the contract issues with WWF and then the 5 minutes they spent on his public speaking debacle.

I mean, they had to resort to Jake the Snake lying just to fill some void.
    Just a bit grasping at straws ain't it. Bloke has disagreement with boss over money basically happens everyday.

Public speaking debacle was just that he was a bit of prick but maybes people buy into that I guess.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a bit grasping at straws ain't it. Bloke has disagreement with boss over money basically happens everyday.

Public speaking debacle was just that he was a bit of prick but maybes people buy into that I guess.
    I don't think it was grasping at straws when it was a common theme in Warrior's dealings with both WWF and WCW. That was nothing new.

"He was a bit of a prick" is putting it mildly. He was a bigot, homophobic racist. They could've gone deeper into his views but it would've pretty much shit on the dead and we didn't need more of that. IDK, maybe you're ignorant to what kind of person he was and how he felt toward gays, blacks, etc.

I like how you just write that shit off like it's no big deal. Eh he tried to fuck Vince over 3-4 times, that's normal! Oh he said some racist/homophobic comments multiple times throughout the years-eh, who cares!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it was grasping at straws when it was a common theme in Warrior's dealings with both WWF and WCW. That was nothing new.

"He was a bit of a prick" is putting it mildly. He was a bigot, homophobic racist. They could've gone deeper into his views but it would've pretty much shit on the dead and we didn't need more of that. IDK, maybe you're ignorant to what kind of person he was and how he felt toward gays, blacks, etc.

I like how you just write that shit off like it's no big deal. Eh he tried to fuck Vince over 3-4 times, that's normal! Oh he said some racist/homophobic comments multiple times throughout the years-eh, who cares!
    Loads of people have tried to rip Vince off over the years though and load aid people get sacked or quit for not getting the money they want all the time. It's not particularly bad, it just meant that Warrior valued himself higher than Vince valued him and he quit.

Well yeah all that shit is bad but they didn't get into it that much as you said. If they are gonna do it then do, don't beat about the bush.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loads of people have tried to rip Vince off over the years though and load aid people get sacked or quit for not getting the money they want all the time. It's not particularly bad, it just meant that Warrior valued himself higher than Vince valued him and he quit.

Well yeah all that shit is bad but they didn't get into it that much as you said. If they are gonna do it then do, don't beat about the bush.
    Yeah but how many have the letters between Vince and Warrior. They didn't even read Warrior's. There's a reason I put quotes around dark. They didn't have much that was dark about his life beyond what?

They could've spent more time on him getting fired several times and the reasons why I guess, they could've dabbled more into his batshit crazy rants. They only had like an hour.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but how many have the letters between Vince and Warrior. They didn't even read Warrior's. There's a reason I put quotes around dark. They didn't have much that was dark about his life beyond what?

They could've spent more time on him getting fired several times and the reasons why I guess, they could've dabbled more into his batshit crazy rants. They only had like an hour.

Yet they managed to fit a load of crap about Jake making mates with Warrior at the HOF in, could have cut loads out and made it more interesting by actually focusing on the stuff that would make it fit into the theme of the series.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dynamite Kid episode was pretty good as expected. I think most the stories about him are out there, couldn't remember the one about him sticking a gun to his wife's head or boxing in garages though so some interesting stuff.

His book was a great read even though you all suspect there's a lot missing or try to play down incidents. Pretty cool story about Jacques that I never knew as well. One of the better episodes.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Really looking forward to most of these episodes. Not sure how much I care about Luna though.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I bet Luna's will be good. She's a Vachon, gotta have some crazy stories.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Plane Ride From Hell starting off good.

I had no idea that flight was delayed 7 hours and they went through 3 liquor carts.

Yikes.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So that was a rough one huh

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah, damn. Tommy Dreamer is really going to get some hate now.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Wow. Quite the response to this one. AEW now has a big decision to make regarding Flair.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I have seen the reaction on twitter, Obviously I haven't seen it myself, But I imagine if Tony is true to what he has said in the past, I imagine Flair is a no go... Then again Justin Roberts is still there so who knows.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Is Flairs history of getting drunk and flashing people news to anyone at this point?

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Did you even bother to at least read up on what was said in the documentary? Because flashing while gross was not the main issue.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    I have seen the reaction on twitter, Obviously I haven't seen it myself, But I imagine if Tony is true to what he has said in the past, I imagine Flair is a no go... Then again Justin Roberts is still there so who knows.
    What did Roberts do?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Did you even bother to at least read up on what was said in the documentary? Because flashing while gross was not the main issue.
    I mean this has been public knowledge for roughly 2 decades. It obviously doesn't make it right if true but the only people I would think that would be shocked by this is people who don't follow wrestling. Flair has had plenty of accusations thrown his way.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

for anyone who wants to watch it

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this was a well known incident. it's not new. what he did was wrong but all the twitter warrior trolls are acting like it's new info.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is amazing to me that people think Tony Khan didn't know about the "plane ride from hell" . This guy has Jake the Snake on the payroll for fuck's sake.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much of this was 100% fact? You call it a documentary but it's more like a shockumentary. Half the shit is made up and the other half is overblown.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It is amazing to me that people think Tony Khan didn't know about the "plane ride from hell" . This guy has Jake the Snake on the payroll for fuck's sake.
    Tony Khan started the sleaze thread on dvdr. he fucking knew all about this, lol

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony Khan started the sleaze thread on dvdr. he fucking knew all about this, lol
    Exactly. He's a smark fan, he wouldn't bring in 80% of the talent he has put on tv if he wasn't.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    this was a well known incident. it's not new. what he did was wrong but all the twitter warrior trolls are acting like it's new info.
    It was known he sexually assaulted a woman? Fair enough, I'm not sure what warrior trolls has to do with anything either as someone pointed out a lot of newer generation of fans probably have heard of it but not the full details.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Interesting, Did Tony ever post on here? I hate that our most famous alumni is dipshit Ryback.

This may also make things awkward for Conrad on twitter.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Fucking hell seen a quote of RVD from the ep. I know it's a scummy business but jesus.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Interesting, Did Tony ever post on here? I hate that our most famous alumni is dipshit Ryback.

This may also make things awkward for Conrad on twitter.
    He's only ever acknowledged that he was on the DVDVR board, but I assume he was like most of us back then and had an account everywhere.

Ryback and Glen would be the most famous ones from here, I guess. At least the 2 who've done the most in the business.

Also Grim's Toy Show from YouTube used to spam his links here, I think mth ended up banning him. He was the "fan" in the crowd at AEW this week who threw a punch/forearm on Malakai Black.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ribs the boys played on each other have been pretty well documented, as has Flair naked in the robe, but the angle of the flight crew and their reactions hasn't really been gotten into in the past.

It was actually an interesting contrast to look at how Terri, in the industry, knew to no-sell (yet, it sounded, was just as shaken by) similar non-PC ribs like Lesnars to how the flight attendant 'sold' to Flairs antics.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was known he sexually assaulted a woman? Fair enough, I'm not sure what warrior trolls has to do with anything either as someone pointed out a lot of newer generation of fans probably have heard of it but not the full details.
    I hopped on twitter and honestly it's not even that bad. The knee jerk reaction of a bunch of fans who haven't accomplished anything and want attention don't matter.

I remember when this happened and there were plenty of fans who were completely blown away by the story BUT we were still in that era of frathouse ribs and insults so it wasn't like OMG cancel Ric Flair and X-Pac! Any respected fan frowned on it and knew the fucked up reality, especially when you think about Perfect and Lesnar.

It made me wonder how often something like this really happened and we just never heard about it for years. You'd think we'd have a laundry list of crazy ass motherfuckers on planes but you really don't. FYI-everyone watch Heels.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you really think about it, this was another major turning point in the business, at least for WWE. I'm not saying this particular incident was common, I'm just saying they really started to take that kind of behavior serious, to me at least. Kind of like when Eddie died, and then Benoit shortly after. Nothing has changed the game more since than when Benoit died but the plane ride was right up there. You might hear about a DUI from an Uso but really what do you hear that's even remotely like the old days? Up Up Down Down replaced Jack Daniels and Somas.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me, it was a matter of confirming things you felt were probably true with the perspective from the attendant. I also never dug into shoots as much as some, so I never knew the details of him cornering the lady or anything.

I think for me, too, it's less about Flair and how blatantly shitty the handling of it was. Other than maybe Hall, the people that got fired did the least harmful stuff whereas Ric Flair got a pass. We already know, but it's just another example showing how fucked up the wrestling culture has been, and in some cases, still is.

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    However engaging the material is, I always struggle to make it through these presentations due to a production quality and tone consistent with a documentary uncovering the existence of a hidden link between Aliens and Nazis.
    Last edited by kangus; September 17th, 2021 at 4:12 PM.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Dreamer suspended by impact.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I just read that. I mean slightly ridiculous but you should know better in today's world to even seem like your are against any type of allegation made.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's crazy that they suspended him for having 2 ponytails. It's not fair, I tell ya.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Indeed, Damn snowflakes. Someone mentioned earlier that Kross and Scarlett had to sign a non disclosure about someone who is now a exec at impact, Anyoone know the deets on this?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't think he's an exec anymore, but he dresses like a bottle of pepto bismol.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I don't think he's an exec anymore, but he dresses like a bottle of pepto bismol.
    Jim Cornette in da house! Now we have our most famous rajah poster!

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    Jim Cornette in da house! Now we have our most famous rajah poster!
    He looks like you could pop his head off and pour a full glass of pepto out of his neck!

I laughed so fuckin hard of that.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I have no idea what this means.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I have no idea what this means.
    fkdjhsjafhlsahdfkjhsdakjfh

Don Callis.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    He looks like you could pop his head off and pour a full glass of pepto out of his neck!

I laughed so fuckin hard of that.
    I want to sample him singing cult of personality and make it people's ring tones on their phones with out knowing.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    I want to sample him singing cult of personality and make it people's ring tones on their phones with out knowing.
    Like mussoliiiiiiniiiii and kennedddyyyyy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With all the heat on Dreamer, I'm surprised nothings coming down on J.R., too. His shoulder-shrug, hand-waiving of Flair's actions and his handling of it are just as damning.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    High and mighty wrestling fans strike again. You disgust me.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    fkdjhsjafhlsahdfkjhsdakjfh

Don Callis.
    Can I like anyone any more ffs.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Can I like anyone any more ffs.
    You can like me

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by casselmm47 View Post
    With all the heat on Dreamer, I'm surprised nothings coming down on J.R., too. His shoulder-shrug, hand-waiving of Flair's actions and his handling of it are just as damning.
    I don't think that's what he was doing at all.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Indeed, Damn snowflakes. Someone mentioned earlier that Kross and Scarlett had to sign a non disclosure about someone who is now a exec at impact, Anyoone know the deets on this?
    You wouldn't like Kross anyway. He's a conservative and likes comedians that would make you want a safe space. I just wish I liked his wrestling more.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I don't dislike all Conservatives that would be ridiculous, I just don't like the openly bigoted maga asshats.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't dislike all Conservatives that would be ridiculous, I just don't like the openly bigoted maga asshats.
    Openly bigoted lol

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What Peter really means is he likes conservatives unless they talk about politics.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who's a bigger homophobe, CM Punk or AJ Styles?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Who's a bigger homophobe, CM Punk or AJ Styles?
    I've never heard anything about Punk. AJ said something about "the gay community" once I know.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never heard anything about Punk. AJ said something about "the gay community" once I know.
    Shows how much of a CM Punk fan you are.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I don't think that's what he was doing at all.
    Did I Imagine all the DVDA, Mark, Spudz and Slutty bans yeah?