User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 201 to 270 of 270

Thread: Dark Side of the Ring

  1. #201
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toke Park, IL
    Posts
    15,852
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    753532
    Quote Originally Posted by casselmm47 View Post
    With all the heat on Dreamer, I'm surprised nothings coming down on J.R., too. His shoulder-shrug, hand-waiving of Flair's actions and his handling of it are just as damning.
    I think JR might have been a bit political, but he seemed pretty troubled about who was fired and who got away with shit. The way he specifically said "He got a pass" talking about Ric Flair really came off like it's a moment that still gives him trouble to think about to this day.

  2. #202
    Judge Virms - 9th Realm virms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Void - The One Where Badger Disappears
    Posts
    44,290
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1279405
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Did I Imagine all the DVDA, Mark, Spudz and Slutty bans yeah?
    Either spudz or slutty was definitely liberal. They hated trump. I can't remember who was who. They both seemed the same to me.

  3. #203
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toke Park, IL
    Posts
    15,852
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    753532
    Spudz was definitely liberal, or at least hella anti-Trump. I don't really remember shit about Slutty tbh

  4. #204
    WHERE MY HOOKERS AT?! Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hook Gang, Rise Up
    Posts
    21,680
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    861415
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Did I Imagine all the DVDA, Mark, Spudz and Slutty bans yeah?
    One, I think you quoted the wrong post, bud.

    Two, are Spudz and Slutty the same person? Because in my head they are. Whichever one had to always come up with terrible nicknames for everything he talked about that were so bad that they would make Tyson cringe, was not a conservative.

  5. #205
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,844
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1424598
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Who's a bigger homophobe, CM Punk or AJ Styles?
    How much cm punk talks about being straight edge I'd imagine he's the homophobe

  6. #206
    Just one Ďship, ferda... Tyson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Letterkenny, ON
    Posts
    5,053
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    437203
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by casselmm47 View Post
    With all the heat on Dreamer, I'm surprised nothings coming down on J.R., too. His shoulder-shrug, hand-waiving of Flair's actions and his handling of it are just as damning.
    Moreso, even.

    Considering how high JR was on the companyís management ladder at the time of the flight; he was complicit in giving Flair a pass, which is a terrible look.

  7. #207
    WHERE MY HOOKERS AT?! Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hook Gang, Rise Up
    Posts
    21,680
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    861415
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Moreso, even.

    Considering how high JR was on the company’s management ladder at the time of the flight; he was complicit in giving Flair a pass, which is a terrible look.
    Because it was definitely his call and not Vince's. Lol.

  8. #208
    BEER DRINKER Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    COWBOY SHIT!
    Posts
    22,509
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1008704
    spain
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Spudz was definitely liberal, or at least hella anti-Trump. I don't really remember shit about Slutty tbh
    Really I swear he got banned for anti Muslim posts more than once but then maybe I'm mistaken.

  9. #209
    you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Posts
    26,243
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    875114
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Really I swear he got banned for anti Muslim posts more than once but then maybe I'm mistaken.
    he went on shitty rants, on more than a handful of occasions, about gay people, trans people, mexican immigrants and muslims. but he also hated trump. i cant remember him expressing a liberal point of view.

  10. #210
    Fuck you Roman... Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Thank You Taker...
    Posts
    14,475
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    84355
    I get that dreamer is friends with Flair and maybe he hasn’t seen Flair inappropriately touch a female but just leave it at that, when he goes onto well if you were so distressed why did you take a payout made him look like a douche.

    Was this the same plane ride where Taker choked out Angle? They mentioned he was on the flight but nothing else.

  11. #211
    Main Eventer Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Camp Crystal Lake
    Posts
    7,748
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    941646
    usa
    Yes but they faced to mention Vince going after Kurt and Taker choking Kurt. Curious they didn't mention it.

  12. #212
    WHERE MY HOOKERS AT?! Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hook Gang, Rise Up
    Posts
    21,680
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    861415
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I get that dreamer is friends with Flair and maybe he hasn’t seen Flair inappropriately touch a female but just leave it at that, when he goes onto well if you were so distressed why did you take a payout made him look like a douche.

    Was this the same plane ride where Taker choked out Angle? They mentioned he was on the flight but nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    Yes but they faced to mention Vince going after Kurt and Taker choking Kurt. Curious they didn't mention it.
    Different plane ride. Either the year before or after from what I read.

  13. #213
    WHERE MY HOOKERS AT?! Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hook Gang, Rise Up
    Posts
    21,680
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    861415
    usa
    Carshield pulled their Flair ads.

  14. #214
    WHERE MY HOOKERS AT?! Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hook Gang, Rise Up
    Posts
    21,680
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    861415
    usa
    Peacock pulled the story time where Flair was messing around with the flight attendants.

  15. #215
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    13,062
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1069348
    That was probably a smart move. Look at the Peacock making a sound decision.


    As a bunch of weirdos who have been posting on the same forum for more than a decade, I think we tend to underestimate the number of fans who just watch the product and really don't know that much about the wrestlers outside of the ring.

  16. #216
    WHERE MY HOOKERS AT?! Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hook Gang, Rise Up
    Posts
    21,680
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    861415
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    That was probably a smart move. Look at the Peacock making a sound decision.


    As a bunch of weirdos who have been posting on the same forum for more than a decade, I think we tend to underestimate the number of fans who just watch the product and really don't know that much about the wrestlers outside of the ring.
    "the Peacock", are you going to start talking about "the WCW" next?

    You have a point but I'm also not convinced half the people on Twitter even watched the show. They just saw other people complaining about it and piled on. In the era of Twitter mobs optics are all that matter to companies.

  17. #217
    Judge Virms - 9th Realm virms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Void - The One Where Badger Disappears
    Posts
    44,290
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1279405
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Really I swear he got banned for anti Muslim posts more than once but then maybe I'm mistaken.
    He did and he was very much liberal. I don't think his comments were ever intended as being legit racist as much as they were an attempt at comedy as he always over exaggerated everything in attempt to get a laugh. Indo find it amusing you seem to think a liberal can't be racist though.

  18. #218
    you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Posts
    26,243
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    875114
    'very much liberal'

    in what way did he express any liberal ideology, besides hating trump?

  19. #219
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    13,062
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1069348
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    "the Peacock", are you going to start talking about "the WCW" next?

    You have a point but I'm also not convinced half the people on Twitter even watched the show. They just saw other people complaining about it and piled on. In the era of Twitter mobs optics are all that matter to companies.
    I apologize for being overly formal with your friend P kok

    I agree on Twitter. Pretty sure most people just read the tweets.

    Although, other than whether “alleged” was used in the tweet….there’s not tons of nuance in the actual story.


    Y

  20. #220
    Main Eventer Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Camp Crystal Lake
    Posts
    7,748
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    941646
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Different plane ride. Either the year before or after from what I read.
    I just remembered it was from U.K. but crazy that those shenanigans happened more than once.

  21. #221
    Main Eventer Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Camp Crystal Lake
    Posts
    7,748
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    941646
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    "the Peacock", are you going to start talking about "the WCW" next?

    You have a point but I'm also not convinced half the people on Twitter even watched the show. They just saw other people complaining about it and piled on. In the era of Twitter mobs optics are all that matter to companies.
    It's like a Bret Hart promo. I used to think it was funny when he'd say "the SummerSlam" when cutting a promo.

  22. #222
    WHERE MY HOOKERS AT?! Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hook Gang, Rise Up
    Posts
    21,680
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    861415
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    It's like a Bret Hart promo. I used to think it was funny when he'd say "the SummerSlam" when cutting a promo.
    I think it was an OSW reviews video I was watching where they mentioned Bret saying "the WCW" and played a bunch of clips. I'd never noticed it before.

  23. #223
    WHERE MY HOOKERS AT?! Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hook Gang, Rise Up
    Posts
    21,680
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    861415
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    I apologize for being overly formal with your friend P kok

    I agree on Twitter. Pretty sure most people just read the tweets.

    Although, other than whether “alleged” was used in the tweet….there’s not tons of nuance in the actual story.


    Y
    Don't post and drive.

  24. #224
    Judge Virms - 9th Realm virms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Void - The One Where Badger Disappears
    Posts
    44,290
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1279405
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    'very much liberal'

    in what way did he express any liberal ideology, besides hating trump?
    He was very pro mask and vaccine.

  25. #225
    Judge Virms - 9th Realm virms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Void - The One Where Badger Disappears
    Posts
    44,290
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1279405
    germany
    Lowest rated dark side ever apparently. Probably because people know the story.

  26. #226
    Judge Virms - 9th Realm virms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Void - The One Where Badger Disappears
    Posts
    44,290
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1279405
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    I just remembered it was from U.K. but crazy that those shenanigans happened more than once.
    Vince was the main culprit in that one.

  27. #227
    WHERE MY HOOKERS AT?! Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hook Gang, Rise Up
    Posts
    21,680
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    861415
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    Lowest rated dark side ever apparently. Probably because people know the story.
    Only 1,000 less than the first episode with Macho Man and Elizabeth.

  28. #228
    Main Eventer Jarrod1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Camp Crystal Lake
    Posts
    7,748
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    941646
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I think it was an OSW reviews video I was watching where they mentioned Bret saying "the WCW" and played a bunch of clips. I'd never noticed it before.
    Yeah he does it for a bunch of stuff. I always just thought it sounded funny because no one else called it "the SummerSlam".



    Rewatching this I also don't like the way Bret says "ruined".

    Good promo though.

  29. #229
    Fuck you Roman... Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Thank You Taker...
    Posts
    14,475
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    84355
    I definitely heard of the PRFH but never knew the details besides a lot of partying. I didn’t know that was the reason Hall and Hennig were fired. I read Hall was fired for missing a show and they had nothing creatively for Hennig.

  30. #230
    you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Posts
    26,243
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    875114
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    He was very pro mask and vaccine.
    he bitched and moaned about quarantines and masks and said we should adopt the swedish model, despite the swedish model being a fucking disaster compared to other scandinavian countries.

    beyond that, considering you thought it was funny that PG seemed to think a liberal couldnt be racist, by the flip of that coin is it not funny that you think being pro mask or vaccine is some strict liberal thinking?

  31. #231
    WHERE MY HOOKERS AT?! Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hook Gang, Rise Up
    Posts
    21,680
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    861415
    usa
    Sweden rocks. Lower deaths per capita than other European countries without having any business destroying lockdowns.

  32. #232
    WHERE MY HOOKERS AT?! Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hook Gang, Rise Up
    Posts
    21,680
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    861415
    usa
    I'm very interested in the Kanyon episode. I heard the Bucks talk on it and I guess they knew him, I never realized that. I was really young when Kanyon was in WCW so I wasn't a huge fan but I always liked his catchphrase.

  33. #233
    Once upon a time... kdestiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Way Down Hadestown
    Posts
    20,054
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    573717
    usa
    Can we keep the conversation about everything non Dark Side out of here please?

    Thanks.

  34. #234
    Once upon a time... kdestiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Way Down Hadestown
    Posts
    20,054
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    573717
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I'm very interested in the Kanyon episode. I heard the Bucks talk on it and I guess they knew him, I never realized that. I was really young when Kanyon was in WCW so I wasn't a huge fan but I always liked his catchphrase.
    Thinking on his life. It should be very interesting.

    Flair is a dick and Dreamer deserves his punishment imo.

  35. #235
    WHERE MY HOOKERS AT?! Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hook Gang, Rise Up
    Posts
    21,680
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    861415
    usa
    Dreamers dumb for commenting anything about a flight he wasn't on.

  36. #236
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    13,062
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1069348
    I'm not sure anything can stick to Flair long term. The Flair pass probably just ain't from Vince. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get the Hogan treatment.

    As the Bert said, Dreamer is a dumbass here.

  37. #237
    Captain Sasori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    She's bitch so I will break her shin
    Posts
    10,183
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    308849
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    That was probably a smart move. Look at the Peacock making a sound decision.


    As a bunch of weirdos who have been posting on the same forum for more than a decade, I think we tend to underestimate the number of fans who just watch the product and really don't know that much about the wrestlers outside of the ring.
    Remember the shit storm over the May Young Classic? Definitely allot of people outside the bubble who aren't aware of wrestler's sordid pasts.

  38. #238
    you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Posts
    26,243
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    875114
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Sweden rocks. Lower deaths per capita than other European countries without having any business destroying lockdowns.
    he was arguing this in april of 2020 while they were getting blasted and before they passed new legislation that allowed them to put more restrictions in place. they were far and away the absolute worst of the nordic countries.

    edit: replied before seeing kdest's post. anything further we can take to the derail or virus thread, if need be.

  39. #239
    you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Posts
    26,243
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    875114
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Remember the shit storm over the May Young Classic? Definitely allot of people outside the bubble who aren't aware of wrestler's sordid pasts.
    that was the fabulous moolah battle royal thing, not the mae young classic.

  40. #240
    Main Eventer chatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    6,558
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    60340
    I don't really care much for what Dreamer said, he showed no empathy and I don't agree with him but if that's his opinion then it is what it is and sometimes the editing of these things is made to make them look worse than they are if it's a snippet of a conversation or interview.

    Flair, Hall, Hayes, Perfect, Brock all way way worse and should be the brunt of anyone anger from this. That said this happened 20 years ago, I guess the question is how long do you continue to punish people for past transgressions?

    People change or people have been punished. I guess the answer is to weigh up what the punishments were and whether or not they escaped justifiable punishment. It's hard to argue Flair and Brock were justifiably punished due to how much of a asset to he business they were at the time.

    Dustin made an arse of himself but seems like he at least tried to stop Flair and what he did wasn't really harming anyone else but more making an arse of himself.

    The spiking thing is pretty horrid and I've read plenty about this happening in many a book but spiking someone with a assortment of drugs for a giggle is pretty deviant behaviour that seems to be seen as just a laugh still to this day (in past tense to what they were doing, not that it still goes on) and I think that's really really bad.


    Overall I don't think there was much new in there that hasn't been released before however if that's the first time you've heard about it then that would be pretty shocking.

  41. #241
    Letís Go Brandon! Hero!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Where you live
    Posts
    45,318
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    917854
    usa
    The bit that was left out about Dustin was in the lawsuit from the other flight attendant. Dustin groped her and threatened to rape her.



  42. #242
    Judge Virms - 9th Realm virms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Void - The One Where Badger Disappears
    Posts
    44,290
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1279405
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    Can we keep the conversation about everything non Dark Side out of here please?

    Thanks.
    Absolutely. Not sure about @Morrison though. He really wants to try and one up you at every turn. Pretty much his gimmick on here.

  43. #243
    Judge Virms - 9th Realm virms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Void - The One Where Badger Disappears
    Posts
    44,290
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1279405
    germany
    Apparently flair is going to get it next week as well. Story is about Kanyon and highlights flair calling in when kayon was on stern and flair telling him he didn't get fired for his life choices (being gay) but basically because he sucked.

  44. #244
    Letís Go Brandon! Hero!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Where you live
    Posts
    45,318
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    917854
    usa
    I watched those clips yesterday and they’re heartbreaking. Kanyon was in such a bad place and Flair telling him he never had talent clearly broke his heart. Kanyon was the man, the absolute man. I hate that he was so scared of who he was…and then having these people shit on him…ugh.

  45. #245
    Champ is Gone
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    33,112
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    171044
    Hell if anyone every watched a Teddy Long shoot interview Flair would be beyond Hogan territory with his racism.

  46. #246
    Captain Sasori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    She's bitch so I will break her shin
    Posts
    10,183
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    308849
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    that was the fabulous moolah battle royal thing, not the mae young classic.
    Whoops, got them reversed. My bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    Apparently flair is going to get it next week as well. Story is about Kanyon and highlights flair calling in when kayon was on stern and flair telling him he didn't get fired for his life choices (being gay) but basically because he sucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    I watched those clips yesterday and they’re heartbreaking. Kanyon was in such a bad place and Flair telling him he never had talent clearly broke his heart. Kanyon was the man, the absolute man. I hate that he was so scared of who he was…and then having these people shit on him…ugh.
    I've always wanted to know what Mick Foley wrote about Flair in the original manuscript of his auto biography before he had to take it out.

    I wish Kanyon had gotten a better run in WWE, but that can be said for quite a few people.

  47. #247
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    11,023
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    365622
    Just watched the PRFH episode and yeah... Tommy's not looking good even after his well worded apology. Sure, he said sorry... but he still thinks eh to hell w/ the woman. What a flippant moron.

    He could have just not heard her side of the story, perhaps his opinion wouldn't have been so callus if he'd known what she put up with? Even so, can't say I'm a fan of the guy now.

  48. #248
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    41,531
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1373722
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    Apparently flair is going to get it next week as well. Story is about Kanyon and highlights flair calling in when kayon was on stern and flair telling him he didn't get fired for his life choices (being gay) but basically because he sucked.
    Without speaking to ill of the dead I can't say I disagree. The guy could work, he could definitely bump, but he wasn't very good on the mic and he was also around when WWE were still trying to bury the majority of WCW talent they brought over and put on tv. He started out hot but within a few months he was a non-factor.

    Mortis though.....Man that was a sick look! I was a fan of the Blood Runs Cold stuff, I didn't even care that Adam Bomb was now Shao Khan.

  49. #249
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    41,531
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1373722
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Whoops, got them reversed. My bad.





    I've always wanted to know what Mick Foley wrote about Flair in the original manuscript of his auto biography before he had to take it out.

    I wish Kanyon had gotten a better run in WWE, but that can be said for quite a few people.
    As in there were other stories that he didn't include? Why would he have to take any out? Flair wasn't in WWF at this time, didn't Foley's book come out in 1999?

  50. #250
    Intercontinental Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Nutmeg State
    Posts
    4,245
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    788933
    Dreamer's well worded apology might help him some, but the damage he did to himself here is his own fault.

    Its a wonder that Flair has never been held accountable for any of his actions. He's a piece of shit.

    Whether Flair now gets the Hogan treatment is a fair question, but I doubt it. Main difference between this and Hogan is that everyone knew Flair was a sexist pig and lousy drunk, but few knew Hogan was a racist caught on tape using the n-word and admitting he was a racist. Not to condone either of them in any way.

  51. #251
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    41,531
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1373722
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Dreamer's well worded apology might help him some, but the damage he did to himself here is his own fault.

    Its a wonder that Flair has never been held accountable for any of his actions. He's a piece of shit.

    Whether Flair now gets the Hogan treatment is a fair question, but I doubt it. Main difference between this and Hogan is that everyone knew Flair was a sexist pig and lousy drunk, but few knew Hogan was a racist caught on tape using the n-word and admitting he was a racist. Not to condone either of them in any way.
    How many letters have you sent to WWE over the years concerning Ric Flair?



    It is weird how Flair has been given a pass on literally everything from calling wrestlers the N word to sexual assault. Even listening to Jim Cornette talking to one of the producers, JC starts defending Flair making excuses while shitting on Tommy Dreamer in the same conversation.

    Flair is the Joe Paterno of wrestling.

  52. #252
    Captain Sasori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    She's bitch so I will break her shin
    Posts
    10,183
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    308849
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    As in there were other stories that he didn't include? Why would he have to take any out? Flair wasn't in WWF at this time, didn't Foley's book come out in 1999?
    Mick wrote a whole bunch of stuff about how shitty he'd been treated by Flair in WCW, but the editor (or whoever was reviewing the manuscript) told him he'd have to take it out. They wanted the book to be more professional and not have any personal attacks (or something to that effect). I don't have my copies anymore, but Foley wrote about it in the forward of either the first or second book.

  53. #253
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    41,531
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1373722
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Mick wrote a whole bunch of stuff about how shitty he'd been treated by Flair in WCW, but the editor (or whoever was reviewing the manuscript) told him he'd have to take it out. They wanted the book to be more professional and not have any personal attacks (or something to that effect). I don't have my copies anymore, but Foley wrote about it in the forward of either the first or second book.
    I've read the first book twice and he didn't exactly shy away from taking a crap on people like Marc Mero and Ric Flair. If the implication is that Foley had a bunch of stories concerning Flair's behavior as it relates toward this show I'd pump the brakes.

    If anyone needs to be looked at in terms of how they act toward women it's Foley. He's a fucking weirdo when it comes to women in the business. Playing the ol' big teddy bear gimmick.

  54. #254
    Intercontinental Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Nutmeg State
    Posts
    4,245
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    788933
    You're not seriously suggesting Mick is worse than Ric?

  55. #255
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    41,531
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1373722
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    You're not seriously suggesting Mick is worse than Ric?
    I'm suggesting that just because someone is a certain in public or on social media doesn't mean they're the same person behind closed doors. #Hulkamania

  56. #256
    Judge Virms - 9th Realm virms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Void - The One Where Badger Disappears
    Posts
    44,290
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1279405
    germany
    There's been rumors of mick being a creeper with a few of the women.

  57. #257
    Main Eventer BigAl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The Two Oh Three
    Posts
    6,654
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    890826
    Wasn't Melina one of them?

  58. #258
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    41,531
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1373722
    All I'm saying is that unless there were stories that were removed that are relative to the Dark Side episode I'm all ears. Or even one ear.

    But keep in mind, Foley didn't hold back in his book. That's what started the whole beef between him and Flair, all over what they said in each other's books.

  59. #259
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,844
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1424598
    usa
    Sick Foley

  60. #260
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    41,531
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1373722
    He pulls a sock off his penis and puts it in men-and women's-mouths and we pop.

  61. #261
    WHERE MY HOOKERS AT?! Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hook Gang, Rise Up
    Posts
    21,680
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    861415
    usa



  62. #262
    Letís Go Brandon! Hero!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Where you live
    Posts
    45,318
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    917854
    usa
    Rough

  63. #263
    WHERE MY HOOKERS AT?! Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hook Gang, Rise Up
    Posts
    21,680
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    861415
    usa
    When I was younger I didn't realize Mortis and Kanyon were the same guy. I loved Mortis. I don't really remember Kanyon much besides the catchphrase, like I said before. I always loved the name flatliner for a finish move though and that's the move I would do on body pillows I would wrestle with.

    Heartbreaking episode to watch. That Taker chair shot was stiff but they all were at that point in time. I have a hard time thinking him singing Boy George was a coincidence though.

  64. #264
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    11,023
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    365622
    Gut wrenching hearing what he had going on upstairs. Wish he was still here

  65. #265
    World Champion Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,844
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1424598
    usa
    Saw people trying to cancel John Cena because he said he didn't think Kanyon was any good. What's going on in the world today, people fighting, feuding, looting, it's ok, let it go, let it flow, let the good times roll.

  66. #266
    Fuck you Roman... Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Thank You Taker...
    Posts
    14,475
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    84355
    Was never a Kanyon fan but Cena saying he wasnt very good was his opinion or WWE coaching him but its ok to not think everyone is the greatest ever.

    The Boy George thing was weird, he “came out” of a box and then was told to sing with a lisp, I doubt that was a coincidence.

    It is interesting that after all of the progress wrestling has made there has yet to be an out gay man given a real push even at the mid card level. Maybe there arent any decent gay male wrestlers. The guy from the PTP was generic as fuck as was Orlando Jordan.

  67. #267
    WHERE MY HOOKERS AT?! Bert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hook Gang, Rise Up
    Posts
    21,680
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    861415
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Was never a Kanyon fan but Cena saying he wasnt very good was his opinion or WWE coaching him but its ok to not think everyone is the greatest ever.

    The Boy George thing was weird, he “came out” of a box and then was told to sing with a lisp, I doubt that was a coincidence.

    It is interesting that after all of the progress wrestling has made there has yet to be an out gay man given a real push even at the mid card level. Maybe there arent any decent gay male wrestlers. The guy from the PTP was generic as fuck as was Orlando Jordan.
    Are you only talking about WWE? Because I think Fred Rosser is doing pretty good in New Japan from what I hear.

  68. #268
    Fuck you Roman... Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Thank You Taker...
    Posts
    14,475
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    84355
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Are you only talking about WWE? Because I think Fred Rosser is doing pretty good in New Japan from what I hear.
    I mean in America, i have no idea about new japan.

  69. #269
    [[be gay]][[do crimes]] mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    60,191
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1172908
    From what I've come across, Effy seems to be killing it on the indies. I think Parrow's doing decently, as well. I think Jake Atlas showed a lot of potential during his time in NXT though he needed some work on the mic skills/personality side.

  70. #270
    Main Eventer chatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    6,558
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    60340
    Even though it is making news for tanking I enjoyed the FMW episode. Probably because I knew little about them so lots of new stuff on there for me.

    It made the AEW death match even more funny with how disastrous it was as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •