User Tag List

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Mafia

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Virm: Not a thing to read about him at this point, but something about his tone feels unguilty. When he was talking about swinging his dick around, it kind of felt like he believed he actually had what it took to help town, not just saying shit to look like he cared. Not my first priority.

HFR: So far seems like he's legitimately lost, and I feel like scum HFR would try to pretend like he had something to say, where here he was happy to just fluff out a big post saying, "I got nothin'.". I also think trying to test out the no-posting thing comes from a towny motivation.

Doc: It's been a long time since we had a game with Doc, and he feels a bit different. A little more willing to Lynch, having "reads" rather than hinging in the math. It could just be growth. But what mostly bothers me here is how angry he is at Knee's list. I spoke about it in a previous post, but he seems fixated on it in a bad way...almost like he's had a partner potentially outted on D1.

wardy: One of the people immediately dismissive about Knee's list. I do think he was generally on point bringing up the list of 100% non-cleared players, but the timing felt more like a distraction from the main talking points. It also felt like he literally pulled BBF's name out of a hat. The speed of that wagon bothered me in the first place. There is also the fact he tried to pivot to the known non-town when people questioned the speed of the BBF wagon. I think this is less damning than the TMNT game, but it doesn't look good that he completely ignored the discussion of leaving him alive to cure him/test theories. Likely not Covid for this, but still not a great look.

Pablo: Something has felt off here ever since Fro pointed out his D1 post that caught his attention. The fact he's been avoiding Knee's list or even really commenting on it until I asked him about it doesn't help. The way he was theorizing over scum's relevance in hiding the roles gives me a bit of pause, as it felt earnest. And the way he came out of the gate gunning for Rip makes him less likely to be Covid. But there's a gut feeling here that bothers me.

Jarrod: Typical quiet Jarrod. Seems indecisive, but perhaps less pressured to fit in or agree? He was a bit defensive with Badger, but I dunno. He's a pretty neutral read here at the moment. I would like to see more from him.

BBF: Stubbornly dismissive. This coupled with the pile on earlier made me think he was town that didn't feel the need to explain himself. But having another look at his posts, it is a bit disconcerting that he felt no need to actually weigh in on anything. Part of me worries he has a good role he was playing coy about. But he should probably be one of the main candidates on the table.

Worth noting that Mazer and Knee could still be Covid. But I get good vibes for both and have reasons to believe Knee is clean. So I still think it's better lynch from the above people.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, Doc, wardy, Pablo, BBF, Jarrod. I think those are the five I'm most comfortable lynching between.

Vote Doc

For the sake of consolidation. Plus it's where my gut is pulling me the strongest right now.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    night 1

What was France meant to do? It was full of lovers, not fighters. They couldn’t do this alone, they needed cover, and so Knee provided their shade for the night.

The news, for the world would, only get better. Covid-19, it found, could not spread further tonight. Its target, impossible to infect.

night 2

Those of us who are strongest, know our weaknesses. Strength, not his game. So France, once again, looked for protection, sheltering behind another. Tonight, that would be Rip.

It was time once more to increase the spread, and the next target in line for Covid-19 was Jordo. The fevers spread, the coughing intensified, but not where they had meant it to go. Italy stood no chance, and Italy soon become saturated with the disease. But why had their intended target, Jordo, been missed?

So night 1 hider hid behind knee and the virus couldn't find its target... No one got infected

Night 2 hider hid behind rip and Italy gets infected

So night 2 implies that if the hider is targeted the action goes towards who was hid behind.

Night one the virus couldn't find its target and the hider hit behind knee.

Vote knee

- - - Updated - - -

Unvote

Vote knee

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordo View Post
    Knee... Was your list bullshit?
    No

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rip is pushing this pretty hard so I've been focusing on re-reading wardy's posts (and Rip's).

I see the important game dynamic stuff Rip is telling us but I don't agree with his wardy read. when wardy started the BBF train he seemingly spreadsheeted the night phases without reading the thread, then he caught up to what we all said about Rip and changed his vote to Rip because he thought killing an infected would be an easy score for town, which is what we thought at first too, then he caught up to what was said about TP. you can see his progression of going from pure spreadsheeting to catching up with the rest of us.

and CWE saying wardy jumped off the BBF train because CWE made a comment comes off as a bit of exaggerated self-importance, no offense.

My sus list still starts with psycho. I believed he was the most likely scum on knee's list and now he's saying to pocket that list? I get that we don't know if caito is scum or not but idk that strikes me as fishy. first he tried to get ahead of it by attacking me, now he's saying we should put it aside. I feel like he's our guy.

VOTE: PSYCHO

reading Jordo's logic just now as I'm writing this and I'm not sure. would that mean you think Covid targeted the same person (the hider) on night 1 and again on night 2? hmm

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knee.... did you dad pin Mr Backlund?

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Rip is pushing this pretty hard so I've been focusing on re-reading wardy's posts (and Rip's).

I see the important game dynamic stuff Rip is telling us but I don't agree with his wardy read. when wardy started the BBF train he seemingly spreadsheeted the night phases without reading the thread, then he caught up to what we all said about Rip and changed his vote to Rip because he thought killing an infected would be an easy score for town, which is what we thought at first too, then he caught up to what was said about TP. you can see his progression of going from pure spreadsheeting to catching up with the rest of us.

and CWE saying wardy jumped off the BBF train because CWE made a comment comes off as a bit of exaggerated self-importance, no offense.

My sus list still starts with psycho. I believed he was the most likely scum on knee's list and now he's saying to pocket that list? I get that we don't know if caito is scum or not but idk that strikes me as fishy. first he tried to get ahead of it by attacking me, now he's saying we should put it aside. I feel like he's our guy.

reading Jordo's logic just now as I'm writing this and I'm not sure. would that mean you think Covid targeted the same person (the hider) on night 1 and again on night 2? hmm
    It's the only thing that makes sense for how shit has worked

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I would say it's stronger than any other evidence we have

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Psycho is one of the players I'll always worry about. I could have copped him, had him launch a scum lynch train, and I'll still expect the surprise turn.

That said, I don't read Psycho as scum right now. He's been fastidious about correcting inaccuracies, even ones that potentially broadened the base, and passed up some opportunities that I feel he could have used to deflect.

Moving from knee could be debated, but it's hardly illegitimate at this point. We could move through all three names left and likely confirm nothing, negating the early advantage it offered.

I disagree with his doc read in some respects. Doc has to play reads more right now. Spreadsheeting alone will not get us to a tipping point in time. I've never played with the guy, but it could easily feel like a forced play for him.

The knee concerns feel legit, and it's one I share as well. I had an initial read why it might be so, but nothing has backed it up at this point.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still not completely sold that N1 was a hider effect.

Read the verbiage.

Impossible to infect vs not where it was meant to go.

Doc or another effect is on play for night 1

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post

Read the verbiage.

I guess could of stumbled on TP too now that you point that out

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hadn't considered that. Good call

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote doc

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    night 1

What was France meant to do? It was full of lovers, not fighters. They couldn’t do this alone, they needed cover, and so Knee provided their shade for the night.

The news, for the world would, only get better. Covid-19, it found, could not spread further tonight. Its target, impossible to infect.

night 2

Those of us who are strongest, know our weaknesses. Strength, not his game. So France, once again, looked for protection, sheltering behind another. Tonight, that would be Rip.

It was time once more to increase the spread, and the next target in line for Covid-19 was Jordo. The fevers spread, the coughing intensified, but not where they had meant it to go. Italy stood no chance, and Italy soon become saturated with the disease. But why had their intended target, Jordo, been missed?

So night 1 hider hid behind knee and the virus couldn't find its target... No one got infected

Night 2 hider hid behind rip and Italy gets infected

So night 2 implies that if the hider is targeted the action goes towards who was hid behind.

Night one the virus couldn't find its target and the hider hit behind knee.

Vote knee

- - - Updated - - -

Unvote

Vote knee
    Normally I'd say this is a good shout, but the write-up seems to suggest it was two different kind of actions. This one specifically used your name and talked about how it went to the wrong target. The other said it couldn't be infected. So it's more likely that Covid's first target was non-town.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read the verbiage.

To be fair though... It would be impossible for covid to infect itself

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The work on spreadsheeting is one of the main things giving me pause there. It feels like he's genuinely trying to find things out. But at the same time, he's fooled me with shit like that before, which is why I'm wary on just writing him off for effort.

If it weren't for the bit that Mazer pointed out (Scum probably won't be revealed until Covid's dead), i'd still be down to risk lynching on the list in hopes of getting a flip from a lynch. But at this rate, plowing through the whole list with no flip when Caito's already been taken out is only going to risk taking out all the town. Especially from my side where I know you can't be Covid.

When we get flips, and Caito is green, I'd be happy to come back to you. But for now, I'd rather Lynch where we have a chance to hit both Covid and scum.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus, evidence now points to you getting an OK from Britain.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might be missing something here, are you saying self target due to the target not being seen as present? I might just not be seeing the potential mechanism.

I'm really just seeing this as different effects. Granted, I've been suspicious of this and mentioned the option as a while.

But I still read as confirmation of a different effect.

- - - Updated - - -

Ebwop.

That was directed at jordo

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not growth Psycho. Every game that I've been in prior to this one we would be able to narrow things down a lot more than we can. I was the one fighting on D2 for a No Lynch, usually on D3 or D4 I've got enough data and on D3 I generally can't hold you back so its just matter of if I want to run the clock or not which I usually won't do.

In this game however we've got 4 down and the only thing I know for sure is that we probably haven't hit the neutrals. Since actions go before kills the scum might have killed a neutral. But are we down 4 town? 2 town and 2 scum? 3 town and 1 scum? 3 scum and 1 town? Any of these are possible. I can pour over my spread sheet and tell you that Fro looks clean, Mazer looks clean, you seem a bit off, honestly BFF was just rando and I admitted at the time, and after that we fall off into trying to get reads and I'm not seeing much to go on.

So again its less that I'm not depending on math, its that I CAN'T until we reveal the roles of the dead and we haven't even seen a down tick in active roles that would give me something. At this point anything I can say is that (minus each of us as individuals) we have a lets say five in 17 so just under 30% chance of hitting scum in a worst case scenario. Not significantly better than we started with tbh. 5% shift. But we need data from something and we can't just no lynch until Corvid wins. Which by my math happens in 4 turns depending on other cirucmstances like whatever the fuck America is doing.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck I’ve got some reading back to do! This got busy overnight.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote Count

3 - Doc - Knee, Psycho, Mazer
    1 - wardy - Rip
    1 - Knee - Jordo
    1 - Psycho - Fro

With 16 players it takes 9 for a majority.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading back I think Covid seems to have targeted TP night 1. Not just because TP might be the cure but because in reality it’s an inanimate object that literally can’t be infected!

Also without the helpful hint at knowing the flips, there’s a good chance that lotjx might have been one of the scum. Disbelief and Selfishness haven’t acted at all since he was killed. Hubris didnÂ’t act Night 2 but that could be him being down to an ON roleblocker. One thing I think we do know now was that it wasn’t a scum on scum block with Rip. Stan and Caito are up in the air a bit up in the air but we might get a clue with the Night 3 events to see which scum act.

I think Fro is clear all things considered. Copped, roleblocked and eliminated of scum roles. Also I think now that Caito’s gone, we definitely leave Knee’s list alone for now where I had that thought anyway as there’s greater odds of success going after the untargeted players. I’m more willing to think Knee was trying to fish early on than have actual info.

Doc could be playing dumb a bit I guess not knowing what roles we could be down and wanting a No Lynch early on, but my gut says he’s town. He seems overly verbose yet genuine in his confusion. Wardy trying to play dumb with the “D’oh yeah!” when I questioned him about lynching Italy I’m more willing to believe really. Reads as the same “Vote TEETH” angle he was trying yet this time he knew He plucked BBF out of thin air and came off when CWE questioned. I’m going to go with Rip on this one.

Vote wardy

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Ignoring Knee's list, how do you feel about myself, Fro and Caito so far this game?
    Of the three my read from most likely town to least likely town - Fro-You-Caito. Obviously Caito is dead now. But without finding out anything about who he was I have no idea anymore. We're more blind than we've ever been in a game before (outside of the Venari madness) and it's making it hard to get a read on anyone despite so many people being dead.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Also I really don't see the evidence that we should be believing this Knee list at all. I must have missed something when it was initially being discussed.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Knee.... did you dad pin Mr Backlund?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    Also I really don't see the evidence that we should be believing this Knee list at all. I must have missed something when it was initially being discussed.
    Sad.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    This game is causing political unrest in the world

China just invaded Australia

Grim and Kev gonna be making our shoes!

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the evidence we shouldn't?

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    It's not beyond Knee to have put that list out there to gather info on how people use the "list" he sent out.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It makes sense to me if we want to operate independent of knee's list right now.

I do think we need to get votes in soon, so we're not an hour away from deadline with no clear path to a lynch. Short of a very compelling argument/info reveal, I feel like we need to focus on the names out there right now, and narrowing down where we feel the strongest from there.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I mean with the lack of roles being released and with Caito now dead we have no idea even if Knee's list is true whether we hit or not.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Of Doc, wardy, Knee, Psycho (the names currently with votes)

I would rank them in order who I'd lynch

wardy, Doc, Psycho, Knee

Despite not believing in Knee's list I see it more as him searching for information.

So

Vote wardy

however if things get close to the deadline I would join the Doc lynch.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of Doc, wardy, Knee, Psycho (the names currently with votes)

I would rank them in order who I'd lynch

wardy, Doc, Psycho, Knee

Despite not believing in Knee's list I see it more as him searching for information.

So

Vote wardy

however if things get close to the deadline I would join the Doc lynch.
    My list is yours but exactly backwards. I still think knee is covid19

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you and I are processing this very similarly. For me, it was between wardy and Doc. Could make good arguments either way. For me, I'm guessing more of planned actions towards doc, with maybe a little more abilities to improve my reads on a few other people.

But definitely agree with wardy as a valid option.

I'm pretty much processing knee by probabilities and reads since his list until I get better validation.

- - - Updated - - -

EBWOP

That was directed towards Pabs

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Did I miss your decision that Knee is Covina-19?

How did I miss that?

Got to say I don’t see it mate, he’s playing a massive Billy Big Bollocks strategy here if he is.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Oh and unless I’m very wrong wardy is a bloody good option here!

Tick Tock chaps, quickly would be nice

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way I read it-Jordo was talking about how if covid was hid behind, and it could possibly not infect itself. Since on N2 the hide led to the infection going off on who was hid behind.

Certainly viable.

I just tend to guess that's a bad hide, and you're going to get hit.

I think doc save, tp, or scum are all more probable mechanics.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote Count

3 - wardy - Rip, Badger, Pablo
    1 - Knee - Jordo
    1 - Psycho - Fro

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by CWE View Post
    I don't like that BBF train.

Vote Wardy

Not clear of any roles on my sheet and worst odds on Patron's sheet.

JP you missed me.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWE View Post

JP you missed me.
    You missed when Caito got killed

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You missed when Caito got killed
    Yes I did.

Vote wardy

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
    Its not growth Psycho. Every game that I've been in prior to this one we would be able to narrow things down a lot more than we can. I was the one fighting on D2 for a No Lynch, usually on D3 or D4 I've got enough data and on D3 I generally can't hold you back so its just matter of if I want to run the clock or not which I usually won't do.

In this game however we've got 4 down and the only thing I know for sure is that we probably haven't hit the neutrals. Since actions go before kills the scum might have killed a neutral. But are we down 4 town? 2 town and 2 scum? 3 town and 1 scum? 3 scum and 1 town? Any of these are possible. I can pour over my spread sheet and tell you that Fro looks clean, Mazer looks clean, you seem a bit off, honestly BFF was just rando and I admitted at the time, and after that we fall off into trying to get reads and I'm not seeing much to go on.

So again its less that I'm not depending on math, its that I CAN'T until we reveal the roles of the dead and we haven't even seen a down tick in active roles that would give me something. At this point anything I can say is that (minus each of us as individuals) we have a lets say five in 17 so just under 30% chance of hitting scum in a worst case scenario. Not significantly better than we started with tbh. 5% shift. But we need data from something and we can't just no lynch until Corvid wins. Which by my math happens in 4 turns depending on other cirucmstances like whatever the fuck America is doing.
    I'm not sure why you wouldn't include growth, but that's neither here nor there. You're correct in that you're not able to rely on math this time, so maybe that really does explain the change in attitude. But I still get bothered by that overblown frustration at Knee's list. I feel there was enough of a minority of people that bought into it/played along with it that that level of frustration shouldn't be seen in a town. Particularly when you weren't even a target.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Reading back I think Covid seems to have targeted TP night 1. Not just because TP might be the cure but because in reality it’s an inanimate object that literally can’t be infected!

Also without the helpful hint at knowing the flips, there’s a good chance that lotjx might have been one of the scum. Disbelief and Selfishness haven’t acted at all since he was killed. Hubris didnÂ’t act Night 2 but that could be him being down to an ON roleblocker. One thing I think we do know now was that it wasn’t a scum on scum block with Rip. Stan and Caito are up in the air a bit up in the air but we might get a clue with the Night 3 events to see which scum act.

I think Fro is clear all things considered. Copped, roleblocked and eliminated of scum roles. Also I think now that Caito’s gone, we definitely leave Knee’s list alone for now where I had that thought anyway as there’s greater odds of success going after the untargeted players. I’m more willing to think Knee was trying to fish early on than have actual info.

Doc could be playing dumb a bit I guess not knowing what roles we could be down and wanting a No Lynch early on, but my gut says he’s town. He seems overly verbose yet genuine in his confusion. Wardy trying to play dumb with the “D’oh yeah!” when I questioned him about lynching Italy I’m more willing to believe really. Reads as the same “Vote TEETH” angle he was trying yet this time he knew He plucked BBF out of thin air and came off when CWE questioned. I’m going to go with Rip on this one.

Vote wardy
    There's also a decent chance Hubris chose not to act tonight to keep from crossing off too many people from scum roles. I also feel scum would be wise to not fire off all their actions early. Not to mention some of them may have more passive roles or limited use.

I'm not gonna tell you to go against your gut when part of my vote on Doc is based on gut as well. But I would like to say that he is good at being verbose or confused regardless of alignment.

But like I said in my last post, it's that anger about Knee's list that has mostly piqued my interest.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made a silly mistake earlier flipping back and forth. I'm reposting grimario's non-fluff posts since the game started and scum took him out. Maybe someone can get a read

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I wish. I've been cranking out 11 hour days and 2 hour commute on top of that. Had to have an emergency board meeting the other night to implement a country wide suspension on disc golf activity so I've had no me time at all. Just woke up and off to work in 10 again

Vote the Doc

I'm also not sure if we are going to see traditional Mafia kills. This feels more like a game where Covid19 is going to be immune to kills for a week of game time and we're going to get infected and die over a day or two rather than insta kills. Maybe.
    I should pay more attention. I didn't realise there was already an entire Mafia team hidden behind a spoiler tag I can't access on mobile.

I think this will almost be normal then. I was expecting more of a Rip style infection mechanic tbh
    Might be that if someone drops the hammer on South Africa or they get killed, the person doing either of those gets infected. Or possibly being infected means they require one less vote to lynch. Or they die in 3 days unless the person that has the cure finds them. Or something.
    I don't think it's a strange situation with Knee at all. If this was an open season role claiming game, I think he would basically be going "My role let me choose XX posts in a row and ask JP to tell me how many scum posted in that time". It makes sense that he would want to spam a bunch of posts in a row so he could limit the sample size... if he had 3 people and they all came back as town, he could essentially clear 3 town members instantly.

Vote doc

There's no such thing as free day is free day. The spread of this is going to be exponential, so playing the wait and see game is daft.
    Because Badger is a follower and that's who kdestiny went with.
    Oh, I am not saying Knee is speaking the truth... just that what I've had similar mechanics in a game so it isn't strange at all. I have no reads on anyone, have barely been on here this weekend (damn WoW 100% bonus XP) but am just going to whip out the spreadsheet and work on it today. I may have an answer this afternoon.

And free day is free day just annoys me. There's an episode of Scrubs (reminder to self - do Scrubs mafia soon) where the theme is better to fuck up doing something than fuck up doing nothing. The whole regret things you do, not things you don't.

And yes, this is always doc. And as much as I love him, doc always annoys me in these games.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote Count

4 - wardy - Rip, Badger, Pablo, CWE
    1 - Knee - Jordo
    1 - Psycho - Fro

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to get a lynch done because hopefully even if we miss it'll be useful in getting some info when we have very very little. Even though I think the knee lynch has way more meat on the bone

Unvote.

Vote wardy.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Good man.

Let’s get this done people, please

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd agree that wardy has jump started a train a little too quickly a couple of times and that raises the suspicions a little. My spreadsheet has wardy, fro and doc at the top of my list currently.

Getting one of those out is key to just give us more info because we really are shooting in the dark at the moment.

Vote wardy

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm giving it a just little bit more of time. I still like Doc. We should get people in here.

But no-hardline from me. I'll support the lynch.

I hope the USA remembers the non-voters.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please don't lynch me.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think something needs to be done.

Vote Wardy

I think this may be the best course of action.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    unvote

vote wardy

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    This wardy train is very interesting to watch.

Especially some of the names on it

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh well then.

suckers

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was looking at the first page. The not willing to ever vote train is fun to watch too

Vote 1
    1 - Rip - Knee
    1 - Knee - Rip

10 - No Lynnch - Badger, Caito, kdestiny, Stan, Mazer, Jordo, Doc, Pablo, CWE, Psycho

Vote 2
    3 - Caito - Knee, Fro, kdestiny
    3 - Rip - Jordo, Psycho, Mazer
    1 - Virm - Badger
    1 - Doc - Grim
    1 - Psycho - Rip
    4 - No Lynch - Doc, Pablo, Stan, Jarrod

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote Count

8 - wardy - Rip, Badger, Pablo, CWE,Jordo, BBF, kdestiny, Mazer
    2 - Doc - Knee, Psycho
    1 - Psycho - Fro

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leeeeeeeroooooooooooooy Jeeeeeeeeeeeenkins

vote wardy

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I was looking at the first page. The not willing to ever vote train is fun to watch too

Vote 1
    1 - Rip - Knee
    1 - Knee - Rip

10 - No Lynnch - Badger, Caito, kdestiny, Stan, Mazer, Jordo, Doc, Pablo, CWE, Psycho

Vote 2
    3 - Caito - Knee, Fro, kdestiny
    3 - Rip - Jordo, Psycho, Mazer
    1 - Virm - Badger
    1 - Doc - Grim
    1 - Psycho - Rip
    4 - No Lynch - Doc, Pablo, Stan, Jarrod
    I voted for beebs before Caito got nuked. Which that vote lost all steam and slid underneath the radar.

Now the real question is who gonna hammer?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    idk I mean wardy would not be my choice and not knowing the result once I hammer it is so frustrating unless he's covid. such a different game dynamic. mislynches usually have more value than this. but I do think there are a lot of townsfolk on this train so it doesnt strike me a an overly scummy train.

seeing HFR just dropped it. hope you guys are right.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    I voted for beebs before Caito got nuked. Which that vote lost all steam and slid underneath the radar.

Now the real question is who gonna hammer?
    Good call. I probably missed 1 or 2 nukes.

Were you not feeling either doc or wardy on this one?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a lynch!

Vote Count

9 - wardy - Rip, Badger, Pablo, CWE,Jordo, BBF, kdestiny, Mazer, HFR
    2 - Doc - Knee, Psycho
    1 - Psycho - Fro

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blind action was better than blind inaction, surely? Now they had an understanding of how to thin the fog. Was this the shot to reveal all?

No.

So as wardy collapsed in front of their eyes, they still had no idea if they were on the right track.

wardy has been lynched. He was...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is now Night Three. If applicable, you have 24 hours to let me know who you wish to target tonight.

1. Virm
    2. HFR
    4. Kdestiny
    5. The Doc
    6. Fro
    8. Psycho
    9. RIP
    10. Pablo
    11. Jarrod
    13. CWE
    14. Jordo
    16. BBF
    17. Mazer
    18. Badger
    19. Knee

Lotjx has been killed. He was...
    Grim has been killed. He was...
    Stan has been killed. He was...
    Caito has been killed. He was...
    wardy has been killed. He was...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Good call. I probably missed 1 or 2 nukes.

Were you not feeling either doc or wardy on this one?
    It's hard to get a read on doc. Hes always going full tilt.

Wardy just seemed to take off quick and as youncan see from the results....we got none.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I DON'T KNOW WHETHER TO CELEBRATE, MOCK, OR POST A SELF-DEPRECATING MEA CULPA

I'm in a glass cage of emotions. This must be the rage Jordo feels

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did it.. for the Rock.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HFR is breadcrumbing that he is hubris.

Rikishi couldn't be more obvious.

He didn't think we'd catch him, but we did.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing makes sense.

This is torture. Why are you torturing us jaypee?

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nothing makes sense.

This is torture. Why are you torturing us jaypee?
    Rule #1 is...

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answer me J(umbo)P(enis)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I decide not to stay glued and this goes down. Oh well Wardy wasn't even on my radar but I guess that's an okay call. Course if we're using the list above that makes me next and that kinda sucks.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my last list, and given some of the votes, here's my current we need to vet out list:

My guess on priority.

Someone like jarrod is going to go unnoticed until the damn end. Always. If he is in a role like covida, without some active vetting we're going to be blind for a while.

Doc
    HFR
    jarrod
    BBF
    Virm
    Pcycho
    Pablo

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of lists:

Topanga
    Cordelia
    kelly Kapowski
    CJ Parker (Baywatch)
    Faith
    Yasmine Bleeth (i forget her character's name)
    Buffy
    kelly bundy
    Winnie
    Lisa Turtle
    Lisa from Weird Science (TV)
    Pink Ranger
    Jessie Spano
    The girl from Hangtime
    Willow
    DJ

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rip is the only person I don't suspect and he may be dying a slow death

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I DON'T KNOW WHETHER TO CELEBRATE, MOCK, OR POST A SELF-DEPRECATING MEA CULPA

I'm in a glass cage of emotions. This must be the rage Jordo feels
    This is the world I live in.

Worst I (probably) don't have any power to kill and you all won't lynch who I want to.

- - - Updated - - -

Worse *

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for shits and giggles who do you want to lynch and why is it me?

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the world I live in.

Worst I (probably) don't have any power to kill and you all won't lynch who I want to.

- - - Updated - - -

Worse *
    Honestly, if you keep the running diary, I'm in favor of a Jordo rule that gives you one free kill shot every game.

Town, Neutral, scum...doesn't matter.

Sorry knee.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna try to chime in after this episode of Dynamite is over. Not having flips really changes how we're supposed to follow up a lynch.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, if you keep the running diary, I'm in favor of a Jordo rule that gives you one free kill shot every game.

Town, Neutral, scum...doesn't matter.

Sorry knee.
    I have been keeping one but you guys have honestly gotten a lot of my inner monologue because I feel fairly safe considering how things have unfolded.

I'm probably gonna die now

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I'm right about knee though you guys are never ever gonna hear the end of it

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If I'm right about knee though you guys are never ever gonna hear the end of it

Seriously, I am running out of time.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll never hear the end of it no matter what happens.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I blame lotjx

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I blame lotjx
    Always a good place to start

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I blame Cewsh? I mean he was a god among men, surely him turning his back on the brotherhood was a detriment to us all.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I swear I read this thread and wardy flipped red...

...it's infiltrating my dreams.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made a silly mistake earlier flipping back and forth. I'm reposting grimario's non-fluff posts since the game started and scum took him out. Maybe someone can get a read
    Possibility for fear of his suspicion on Doc. Either that or they thought he might be a power role. Hard to say, because I feel like scum would brush off Doc suspicion considering A) They could always write it off as Doc being an easy Lynch target and B) Grim didn't have any actual case against him.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    That is a lynch!

Vote Count

2 - Doc - Knee, Psycho
    1 - Psycho - Fro

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blind action was better than blind inaction, surely? Now they had an understanding of how to thin the fog. Was this the shot to reveal all?

No.

So as wardy collapsed in front of their eyes, they still had no idea if they were on the right track.

wardy has been lynched. He was...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is now Night Three. If applicable, you have 24 hours to let me know who you wish to target tonight.

1. Virm
    2. HFR
    4. Kdestiny
    5. The Doc
    6. Fro
    8. Psycho
    9. RIP
    10. Pablo
    11. Jarrod
    13. CWE
    14. Jordo
    16. BBF
    17. Mazer
    18. Badger
    19. Knee

Lotjx has been killed. He was...
    Grim has been killed. He was...
    Stan has been killed. He was...
    Caito has been killed. He was...
    wardy has been killed. He was...
    virm and Jarrod, whether because timing or otherwise, completely avoided the vote. When virm popped in, he'd have to be a hammer, so I kinda get why he didn't vote. Jarrod is Jarrod, so his non-participation is currently NAI, but generally not a good look.

The Doc wagon at it's peak(me, knee, Mazer) was pure as hell. The fact everyone else was willing to pile on wardy and not touch Doc with 12 ft. pole has me naturally concerned. Normally, I'd be wary of Fro staying off-wagon to keep voting me, but again, evidence points to the cop finding him clean.

Pablo and BBF's votes on wardy feel the most bandwagoned with little reasoning behind it. If wardy is scum, I would consider BBF as a possible bus vote. If wardy is town, both look rough here.

I'm only not suspicious of Jordo and kdestiny's votes because of their proven innocence so far. HFR seemed too excited to hammer to be scum, especially if wardy is red.

- - - Updated - - -

In general, the fact it was like pulling teeth lynching Doc, I think that could actually be a hit.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My vote for wardy was almost entirely based on trying to get a lynch done to see if it would reveal who they were. Doc is on my sus list but wardy had one more vote when I decided to get a lynch done.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    While I was interested in seeing what a lynch provided I didnt vote fornwardy because I thought it was odd that we went from a general consensus of bbf to no mention of his name and all. Then the train on wardy just flew off so it was just very odd to watch unfold.

I havent checked yet but the list of people who voted for wardy and bbf should be telling now. Two of our most prominent trains.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I was interested in seeing what a lynch provided I didnt vote fornwardy because I thought it was odd that we went from a general consensus of bbf to no mention of his name and all. Then the train on wardy just flew off so it was just very odd to watch unfold.

I havent checked yet but the list of people who voted for wardy and bbf should be telling now. Two of our most prominent trains.
    This is a good shout. I think I'm gonna look at that BBF wagon later.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'm going to be sitting in place for a long time this morning with no interaction.

I need distraction. So let's play the "nobody knows anything, so let's overthink the voting process" game

I'm not reanalyzing every post, but I had too many calls last night, and I'm needing to divert my attention intermittently for a bit. So, I'm going to read the last day and copy things down a lot, in a desperate attempt at clarity.

Cool?

Cool

We all agree that we absolutely need to lynch this phase early on. Some early dialogue on Rip. Then Rip tells us not to be idiots. Then there's momentum between psycho and fro.

then wardy posts a list and makes a seemingly random pull of BBF. His list is blatantly off on Italy, and this is called out by Pablo.

Soon, we're here

Vote Count

3 - Fro - Rip, Psycho, kdestiny
    2 - Psycho - Caito, Fro,
    2 - BBF - wardy, Doc
    1 - Jarrod - Badger

With 17 players it takes 9 for a majority.
    BBF votes for virm. Who, in this phase, was lightly mentioned (with Jarrod) by Pablo.

I keep crying out to remember not to clear Caito, and there is some light debate about this.

Virm and Pablo turn their attentions from each other and vote BBF.

The world is moving fast now. Too fast for kdestiny. He unvotes.

Knee votes Fro. No explanation

Rip likes the speed the world is moving, and that we realized we probably shouldn't kill him. He votes BBF

There's some discussion on role guessing with psycho, doc, me. Some check-in from HFR and Fro.

Wardy wonders who Italy is. This didn't happen in thread, but I'm fairly confident that Rip begins to drink.

Wardy, kdestiny, doc and Rip have a solidly logical conversation about hider mechanics.

CWE questions the BBF train, and votes wardy.

Wardy then finds a post about Italy from a while ago and votes Rip. At home, Rip ponders the meaning of life.

Wardy just seemed to take off quick and as youncan see from the results....we got none.
    Vote Count

4 - BBF - Doc, virm, Pablo, Rip
    2 - Fro - Psycho, Knee
    2 - Psycho - Caito, Fro,
    1 - Jarrod - Badger
    1 - virm - BBF
    1 - wardy - CWE
    1 - Rip - wardy

CWE calls out wardy. I'm not sure any exposition is needed.

Rip remembers how wardy acted in a previous game, and politely avoids JP's rage by not roleclaiming.

i'm very concerned about Wardy. I think he's our best shot at scum in this current group. I vote wardy.

Wardy calls himself dumb and unvotes.

Jordo postulates that caito and psycho are scum and virus. He votes psycho.

The US agrees with Jordo. Caito is dead

JP grows tired of our insolence, and spells out how we will get role reveals.

Wardy was getting significant attention most of this phase. He made weird moves on flipping, got some attention and votes, and then we had the game event.

Well, now we're back to more recent history.

The early votes are this:

Vote Count

1 - wardy - Rip
    1 - Knee - Jordo
    1 - Psycho - Fro

And then Badger voted for wardy right after.

Rip and Badger voted early. Rip is clean, I have Badger as likely town. Cool. Wardy was/is a legit read.

Then Pablo joins, with an offer to flip to doc if needs for a lynch. Reasonable approach. Certainly could be a scum tactic, but I'll stay with my Pablo read for now.

Then CWE missed that his vote was deleted and reiterated to jump back on. CWE is likely town, unless cop can't detect GF or covid. But more probable town at this point.

Then we have Jordo, reluctantly giving up his bloodlust for knee, for the greater good.

Then comes BBF, himself the subject of a previous small movement adding to wardy. The top of his spreadsheet is also doc and fro for some reason. Fro confuses me as a top 3 candidate.

Around the 46th hour, kdestiny votes.

Mazer, being as clean as America's sweetheart-Topanga, concedes that Doc lynch ain't going to happen and adds to the wardy vote.

Virm expresses concern on this train. It is later explained thusly:

Wardy just seemed to take off quick and as youcan see from the results....we got none.
    Generally speaking, i hate after the fact (the lynch is already impending) "wow this train has gone too fast" post. That should always be during the fact. Like Pablo normally does, or CWE on the BBF train.

Fro attempts to set up a dramatic hammer with Joaquin Phoenix.

HFR says "fuck your hammer" to Fro and does it himself.

Wardy is dead. Wardy killed Wardy. JP makes sure to remind us how to get the role reveals, as he's obviously concerned that I might try to overthink it and suggest three alternate possibilities.

2 - Doc - Knee, Psycho
    1 - Psycho - Fro

This is all a bit too fast for doc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
    Wow, I decide not to stay glued and this goes down. Oh well Wardy wasn't even on my radar but I guess that's an okay call. Course if we're using the list above that makes me next and that kinda sucks.
    Still don't like after the fact, and wardy not being on your radar at all. You've been here. His name's been out there for a while.

After this journey through the last 48 hours, alternating between 1st and 3rd person, alternating between past and present tense, and feeling all like jabberwocky...what have I learned? Other than i have successfully lulled myself into a false sense of confidence?

Well, for both of you who made it this far:

There is no reason to doubt the anyone who voted for wardy early. He was out there. It would be disingenuous to imply otherwise. Later votes are obviously a different story.
    Doc is my top priority to vet.
    If we don't hit covid soon, we may need some more aggressive posting if anyone is out there sitting on information. JP explicitly stated that "Being open about information you have is not breadcrumbing".

I'm not sure that this has been worth your time in reading, but I typed it all, so I feel like I have to post. So, I'm going to close with a thread index that moves from Red (very worried) to Yellow (kinda worried) to Blue (feel ok) to Green (feel safe)

1. Virm
    2. HFR
    4. Kdestiny
    5. The Doc
    6. Fro
    8. Psycho
    9. RIP
    10. Pablo
    11. Jarrod
    13. CWE
    14. Jordo
    16. BBF
    17. Mazer
    18. Badger
    19. Knee

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I guess being pretty clear to most people makes me dangerous?

Got it

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have to find covid boys. If nothing else turns up through night action I'm gonna be all up on that knee lynch because as for finding covid I've heard no other evidence. I get that it's kind of thin but at the moment there is no other evidence for who covid is.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just realized I'm both still trusting knees list and thinking he's covid 19.

Dont @ me. I'm complicated and stupid

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I agree with Maze on the whole Doc issue, he’s being very un-Doc like here.

I’d say it’s MUCH more important to scum hunt FAST than to Covid hunt, AT THIS time

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote Count

4 - BBF - Doc, virm, Pablo, Rip
    2 - Fro - Psycho, Knee
    2 - Psycho - Caito, Fro,
    1 - Jarrod - Badger
    1 - virm - BBF
    1 - wardy - CWE
    1 - Rip - wardy

Worth noting that Doc and Pablo were happy to be done with BBF pretty good easily. Doc being the first on a wagon that picked up steam is odd. Also, Doc and virm were both completely off-wagon when wardy was lynched.

If both BBF and wardy are town, Pablo looks pretty bad for being a part of two bandwagons like that.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty solid assessment, Mazer. Lines up with most of my thoughts right now. That said, kdestiny is mechanically cleared of Covid and 3 mafia roles, as he was roleblocked night 1.

Could still potentially be two other mafia roles, but if we're trying to go for suspects that could be either/or, he's not really a priority.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    I guess being pretty clear to most people makes me dangerous?

Got it
    You were role-blocked n1. Cool. I'm not confident. There' s two mafia roles available. I'm also not confident we can role-block covida. I don't have many more dynamic or play clues on you. After n1, you've not been up for as much discussion. Bit of a read,

But in fairness for vetting, you raise a legit point. In retrospect, you should be yellow,

COLOR="#FF0000"]1. Virm[/COLOR]
    2. HFR
    4. Kdestiny
    5. The Doc
    6. Fro
    8. Psycho
    9. RIP
    10. Pablo
    11. Jarrod
    13. CWE
    14. Jordo
    16. BBF
    17. Mazer
    18. Badger
    19. Knee[/QUOTE]

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were role-blocked n1. Cool. I'm not confident. There' s two mafia roles available. I'm also not confident we can role-block covida. I don't have many more dynamic or play clues on you. After n1, you've not been up for as much discussion. Bit of a read,

But in fairness for vetting, you raise a legit point. In retrospect, you should be yellow,

1. Virm
    2. HFR
    4. Kdestiny
    5. The Doc
    6. Fro
    8. Psycho
    9. RIP
    10. Pablo
    11. Jarrod
    13. CWE
    14. Jordo
    16. BBF
    17. Mazer
    18. Badger
    19. Knee

I tend to agree with Jordo that covid should be a priority. I just am feeling better about my scum reads than my covid reads. I'm not using role block to rule out covid. Maybe that's silly but I'm not. Its really a shot in the dark for me. Vovid can easily be played in a way that won't hit our reads. It almost has to be a probability play with mafia.

We've really got to scratch off more roles.

Jordo might honestly be able to talk me into trying knee, even though I think its a lower probability play. See how the night goes

- - - Updated - - -

ebwop

fixed my color format

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip View Post
    I agree with Maze on the whole Doc issue, he’s being very un-Doc like here.

I’d say it’s MUCH more important to scum hunt FAST than to Covid hunt, AT THIS time
    We won't know if we hit scum if we don't kill covid

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    We won't know if we hit scum if we don't kill covid
    I’m well aware of the issue.

However if we remove the scum then Covid isn’t an issue

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Rip is only advising his thoughts for the next day's strategy, rather than more lasting. Hopefully the night mechanics work out.

It would be the best game set-up if mafia doesn't know who each other are until arrogance finds its master. Just all of us, a bunch of crazies throwing darts at each other. I don't think that's it. But I can wish.

After Psych's "let me create" paranoia game, and JP's "none of you know anything" game, there is only one logical progression.

In the next game, Grim will actually give us other people's roles. You'll be told you're a hider. Then you'll try to go hide behind Rip. Then we'll see in the write-up for some reason the hider went behind Jarrod, and Rip was killed. Surprise, you were the killer and you didn't even know it.