User Tag List

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,200 of 2650

Thread: The Official Friday Night Smackdown Thread

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched the clip and I seem to remember Toni's finisher ending more like a DDT the first time she did it whereas this time it was like a cutter. Either way, it's super rad. And I was surprised she used it considering the two SD recap/review things i read said she did Storm Zero which is not true.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Watched the clip and I seem to remember Toni's finisher ending more like a DDT the first time she did it whereas this time it was like a cutter. Either way, it's super rad. And I was surprised she used it considering the two SD recap/review things i read said she did Storm Zero which is not true.
    Yeah, it's a neat move. I recall her attempting to do this move on someone over on NXT and it didn't quite look right. Like perhaps it wasn't executed 100%, but it still looked like something. Glad she's got it down.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She debuted it against Zoey Stark in NXT. Seeing a few "news" sites reporting she that debuted the move on SD like they don't watch NXT. Excellent journalism, guys.

EDIT: I guess it does kind of end like a cutter there, too. Had to watch it in .25x speed 'cuz it's so damn fast!
    Last edited by mth; July 24th, 2021 at 6:46 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    The obvious question now is do they blow this en route to Summerslam, or Mania it and go with a triple threat?
    If I were head booker, I’d go with Reigns holding the title until A) Big E cashes in the briefcase sometime in early 2022 or B) Mania where he puts over/solidifies the next permanent main event face.

That said, there’s definite merit to the triple threat angle. Not that Reigns’ act needs freshening up, because he’s clearly still killing it “2005 Cena/missionary position”. Reigns chasing the title for 2-3 months (say between Survivor Series and the Rumble) because Competitor 1 beat Competitor 2 of the triple threat and Roman wasn’t involved in the decision? That could have some legit entertainment value.

Picture this: Cena pins Balor in the triple threat against Roman at Summer Slam, John gets #17 so he can pass Flair and permanently fuck off to Hollywood. E cashes in immediately afterwards, has a three month reign before dropping it to Roman at Survivor Series; E wins the Rumble, gets a Mania rematch against Reigns. Roman returns the favour at Mania in a singles match, E gets solidified as a main eventer.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they do a triple threat with Cena/Reigns/Balor, then Roman probably will smash 'em, stack 'em, and pin 'em

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    If they do a triple threat with Cena/Reigns/Balor, then Roman probably will smash 'em, stack 'em, and pin 'em
    If it’s a triple threat, he needs to win and pin Cena or tap him out. Bálor is a bullet in the chamber that can be utilized further down the road.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cena should be facing Lashley. I cannot state that enough.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    Goldberg and Cena should switch opponents. Though it is Goldberg, him facing Reigns would be a good callback and tie-in to the match that never happened at Mania.

Of course Head of the Table should destroy him in a few mins but at least it may be an entertaining squash that ties up that loose end.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Goldberg and Cena should switch opponents. Though it is Goldberg, him facing Reigns would be a good callback and tie-in to the match that never happened at Mania.

Of course Head of the Table should destroy him in a few mins but at least it may be an entertaining squash that ties up that loose end.
    ^This. When Goldberg came out on Monday, I was thinking how much better it would be to switch opponents. We've seen Roman v Cena, but Roman v Goldberg was denied. Lashley needs a win over Cena more than Roman does and would feel really fresh.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roman already has that win. Back in the “it’s called a promo kid” feud. Clean as a whistle. Cena facing him again doesn’t make any “legitimate” sense……. But it’s the wwe so that’s out the window i guess

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She debuted it against Zoey Stark in NXT. Seeing a few "news" sites reporting she that debuted the move on SD like they don't watch NXT. Excellent journalism, guys.

EDIT: I guess it does kind of end like a cutter there, too. Had to watch it in .25x speed 'cuz it's so damn fast!

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah she pulled that out a couple weeks ago. Think BG and I (maybe KDestiny) were talking in chat at the same time and we all pretty much went “Damn!”

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The obvious question now is do they blow this en route to Summerslam, or Mania it and go with a triple threat?
    FWIW, Meltzer didn't have a lick of info in regards to the end game here but he imagines Cena/Reigns one-on-one will still be the Summerslam match. He thinks WWE will book Bálor/Reigns as a hyped SD match, and Cena (who continues to be rebuffed by Reigns) causes Reigns to lose the non-title match to Bálor.

A) That would be a big deal to have Reigns lose a singles match as he hasn't lost a singles match since coming back.
    B) His suggestion meant Bálor would get a title match in the fall. That doesn't make sense because he should get added to the PPV, in that case.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smackdown felt like the most memorable parts of the show were the opening and closing. Not a terrible show, just took the foot off the gas a little bit in between though. First full-crowd show was great, this one about a 7/10. Liked the surprise with Balor being put in the title picture. Leaves enough time to build, and curious what happens with Cena.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roman already has that win. Back in the “it’s called a promo kid” feud. Clean as a whistle. Cena facing him again doesn’t make any “legitimate” sense……. But it’s the wwe so that’s out the window i guess
    What does that even mean? "Legitimate" sense? He came back, gave his reasons why he was there to handle Roman, and it makes sense.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kayfabe wise I guess would be a better term.

And I don’t think it makes sense. Not from a booking kayfabe sense. He already went at Roman. He lost. Clean. And I’d have to go back and look at the actual promos, but the reasons he gave were all pretty much the same weren’t they? Minus the “Roman is an asshole” line. Overbooked, overhyped, over protected. Except, at the time he called him a cheap John Cena knockoff, and now he is saying “And that’s coming from me”……. So essentially the same fucking thing.

So what has changed that really makes it a reason for ppl that remember kayfabe storylines and “legitimate” reasoning, to have this again?

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's better box office and rub for Roman this way.

Lashley/Cena isn't nearly as exciting as Roman/Cena either.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kayfabe wise I guess would be a better term.

And I don’t think it makes sense. Not from a booking kayfabe sense. He already went at Roman. He lost. Clean. And I’d have to go back and look at the actual promos, but the reasons he gave were all pretty much the same weren’t they? Minus the “Roman is an asshole” line. Overbooked, overhyped, over protected. Except, at the time he called him a cheap John Cena knockoff, and now he is saying “And that’s coming from me”……. So essentially the same fucking thing.

So what has changed that really makes it a reason for ppl that remember kayfabe storylines and “legitimate” reasoning, to have this again?
    Well the major difference is Roman is a completely different character. Cena v. Roman 1 was basically a passing of the torch moment. It was Cena saying you're not getting it done as the top babyface so here I am. Now he's back, and he gave his reasons at the start of Smackdown but I took it as him saying here's Roman, the top guy, total fucking asshole.

So like I said at the start, Roman is a completely different character this time around. It'd be like taking issue with Hogan v. Savage at Halloween Havoc 1996 because Hogan already beat Savage clean 7 years prior.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ummmm maybe? You could be right KDestiny, where maybe it isn’t as exciting….. but it’s something they just ran. When’s the last time Cena and Lashley wrestled? GAB 2005? And Lashley as a character is so massively different, that I think you can do something with it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    ^This. When Goldberg came out on Monday, I was thinking how much better it would be to switch opponents. We've seen Roman v Cena, but Roman v Goldberg was denied. Lashley needs a win over Cena more than Roman does and would feel really fresh.
    Really? When Goldberg came out I thought "What the fuck is this bullshit hater of pro wrestling doing here??"

Lashley is beyond needing wins. I mean, he's been champion for almost 6 months and Raw has been losing fans left and right it seems. IDK if he's the guy you want to keep trying to make something BUT I sure as fuck don't want Lashley v. Goldberg. But I'd rather see Lashley v. Goldberg than Lashley v. Cena. Like KD said, the draw is Cena v. Roman 2.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ummmm maybe? You could be right KDestiny, where maybe it isn’t as exciting….. but it’s something they just ran. When’s the last time Cena and Lashley wrestled? GAB 2005? And Lashley as a character is so massively different, that I think you can do something with it.
    It was 4 years ago when we had Roman v. Cena 1.

You're right. Lashley's different as well, but he's not even close to what Roman is doing.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Well the major difference is Roman is a completely different character. Cena v. Roman 1 was basically a passing of the torch moment. It was Cena saying you're not getting it done as the top babyface so here I am. Now he's back, and he gave his reasons at the start of Smackdown but I took it as him saying here's Roman, the top guy, total fucking asshole.

So like I said at the start, Roman is a completely different character this time around. It'd be like taking issue with Hogan v. Savage at Halloween Havoc 1996 because Hogan already beat Savage clean 7 years prior.

Not really, as Savage had been around and active for much of that time.

im looking at it now….. I’ll admit to this, John has wrestled on tv more than I thought since the Roman match. It was also longer ago than I thought.

I just have to remember if no mercy in 2017 is the match I’m thinking about.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so here is here my memory is playing tricks on me.

Cena v Reigns was No Mercy 17. He only had two one on one “matches” at PPVs since. He got squashed by Taker at Mania, and then the Firefly Fun House Match.

So, his last “legitimate” one on one match is the Reigns one I’m talking about. And I agree, Romans character is different. But Cena’s reasons are largely the same. So, storyline wise, still doesn’t make a ton of sense to me.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Cena was the face of the WWE for over a decade and Roman is etching his spot now as the new big bad.

Easy.

Lashley isn't as big of a deal as Roman, but him getting a win over Oldberg will still mean something even though he doesn't deserve a title shot either.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just can't take a discussion that serious when people are stuck on John Cena needing a legit win yet completely gloss over Goldberg being in the title picture by doing what exactly? John Cena's resume alone and the difference in what Roman was doing 4 years ago versus now.....

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this is at me, I’m not saying anything about Cena needing a win or anything like that. That can be argued about after the match, whichever way it goes.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand the business side of the matchup. It’s the biggest match they could do right now with the ppl available.

I just think it’s lacking continuity wise.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand the business side of the matchup. It’s the biggest match they could do right now with the ppl available.

I just think it’s lacking continuity wise.
    Does it really need have continuity?
    If so, the match isn't even made yet, so they have time to develop it. Cena is a dude who shows up and you can buy that he can step up to the front of the line.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s WWE, so obviously no. They’ve shown quite often that past doesn’t matter much.

I still wouldn’t hate to see it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s WWE, so obviously no. They’ve shown quite often that past doesn’t matter much.

Based on the assumption that the match will happen regardless of you desire, I guess the question is, what would satisfy you then?

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean…. My complaint isn’t one with a good solution really. Not for Reigns/Cena. And I recognize that.

I still think Cena/Lashley, while not as big as the other alternative, is a good option that you can sell at SummerSlam. If you absolutely have to involve Goldberg, I guess Reigns can beat him up. I honestly don’t know where you go with Roman then…. Unless Big E was going to immediately start a program with him, which obviously he is not

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean…. My complaint isn’t one with a good solution really. Not for Reigns/Cena. And I recognize that.

I still think Cena/Lashley, while not as big as the other alternative, is a good option that you can sell at SummerSlam. If you absolutely have to involve Goldberg, I guess Reigns can beat him up. I honestly don’t know where you go with Roman then…. Unless Big E was going to immediately start a program with him, which obviously he is not
    My counter would be they’re trying to fill a football stadium so you’ve got to go with the big money match. Cena is moving the meter for sales but I’m not going to go halfway with it. I’m sure people would be down to see Cena/Lashley but I’m guessing it’s a certain majority that wants to see Reigns/Cena.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You say this when the most recent episode is piecing together a feud between Seth Rollins and Edge that started 7 years ago.

What kind of continuity are you looking for and does that approach apply to all matches? All matches don't need to have a deep connection.

Honestly man to me this just screams like you're trying your hardest to shit on something for no reason. You throw in the whole "Oh it's WWE that's why there's nothing legit, no continuity, etc. " which isn't true here at all. John Cena is a 16 time World champion, defeated everyone from The Rock to CM Punk to everyone in between and he needs exactly what now to be considered legit?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it was Cena v. Lashley you would be wondering what Cena did to earn a shot at Lashley and wonder why it's not Cena v. Roman.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Idk if I’m try to shit on WWE. I’m probably nitpicking more than anything.

Also, you’ve really zeroed in on me saying “legit”, which I’ve already said probably wasn’t the best term. That’s why I said doesn’t make as much sense kayfabe wise.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it was Cena v. Lashley you would be wondering what Cena did to earn a shot at Lashley and wonder why it's not Cena v. Roman.

That’s not true at all. I literally immediately said (I think on here, if not it was in a WhatsApp chat with BG and Kris) that Cena/Lashley makes more sense from a storyline in my head than Cena/Reigns. For the reason I stated about Cenas last proper PPV one on one match was against Reigns, where his promos already featured on pretty similar things, and he lost clean. I understand Reigns character is different and it is longer ago than I originally thought. But to me, Cena/Lashley is a fresher matchup.

Lemme put it a different way. Reigns already has the rub from beating Cena. Lashley doesn’t.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s not true at all. I literally immediately said (I think on here, if not it was in a WhatsApp chat with BG and Kris) that Cena/Lashley makes more sense from a storyline in my head than Cena/Reigns. For the reason I stated about Cenas last proper PPV one on one match was against Reigns, where his promos already featured on pretty similar things, and he lost clean. I understand Reigns character is different and it is longer ago than I originally thought. But to me, Cena/Lashley is a fresher matchup.

Lemme put it a different way. Reigns already has the rub from beating Cena. Lashley doesn’t.
    So it's a fresher match up because of the time between Lashley/Cena 1 and Reigns/Cena 1?

I also don't think this is about anyone getting a rub from Cena. Maybe 5 years ago, but shit, even when Roman beat John Cena--I'd love to talk to anyone who actually thought Cena was going to win that match.

I also said earlier, I don't think Lashley is in a position to get a rub from John Cena. Again, 5 years ago, 10-15 years ago, sure. Lashley left because of idiots like Michael Hayes so he never got the big push I'm sure he was lined up to get and that win over Cena back then would've been huge.

The days of Super Cena are long gone. Cena can tell a much better story with Roman Reigns RIGHT NOW than he can with Lashley. I'm sorry but if the options are Cena v. Reigns and Cena v. Lashley, it's crystal how obvious 1 is over the other.

Lashley is 45 and barely worth watching. Roman Reigns is 35 and the best talent on the planet going today. Hottest angles, most interesting character, top quality matches-none of that is Bobby Lashley at this time. And we could still see Lashley v. Cena but not right now. It's definitely a feud I'd like to see, with or without the title.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two different viewpoints.

From a business viewpoint and an entertainment matchup viewpoint, I totally agree it’s better. I’ve said as much.

Storyline and continuity, I simply disagree.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two different viewpoints.

From a business viewpoint and an entertainment matchup viewpoint, I totally agree it’s better. I’ve said as much.

Storyline and continuity, I simply disagree.
    There's no storyline or continuity between Cena and Lashley other than 15+ years ago they had 1 match and Cena won. That's literally it. There's nothing deep, there's nothing interesting.

There's a much deeper storyline and continuity with Cena and Roman. The storyline of look what happened when Cena finally passed the torch. Look what happened when Cena left for Hollywood. Again, I think the story you want to be told between Cena and Lashley, where Lashley can finally get his W against Cena that alluded him all these years despite Lashley never really trying to get it back to begin with. Cena could talk about how he had all this time to get the W but he chose lesser promotions, he chose to switch industries, and only came back when Cena was long gone.

So there is a story but it's not something that I feel WWE saw was more important than Roman v. Cena, which I feel is a deeper storyline with more recent continuity than something people I would imagine for the most part haven't thought about it in 15 years. When was the last time Lashley even talked about wanting a match with Cena? Always seems like Lesnar is the name he throws out more often than not. Which is the match Lashley should be having sooner than never.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not even so gung-ho at whatever the storyline is or would be with Cena/Lashley.

Again, for the whatever time it is, my issue is Cena comes out, lays down his issue with Roman, which is essentially the exact same thing as 4 years ago when he came out and lost. Yes, Roman is a heel now, so that’s different. But Cena’s issues, according to his promo last week on Raw, are the same as 4 years ago. His last true one on one PPV match. That’s not exactly deep storytelling either.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not even so gung-ho at whatever the storyline is or would be with Cena/Lashley.

Again, for the whatever time it is, my issue is Cena comes out, lays down his issue with Roman, which is essentially the exact same thing as 4 years ago when he came out and lost. Yes, Roman is a heel now, so that’s different. But Cena’s issues, according to his promo last week on Raw, are the same as 4 years ago. His last true one on one PPV match. That’s not exactly deep storytelling either.
    I don't think you even watched Smackdown.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No argument on Cena/Lashley being fresher but I'm willing to make an assumption the other one would be better.

Lashley is a very good champion but Reigns is the crown jewel of WWE here and potentially set up with a long-term story of stacking up huge wins against solid or elite performers and with The Rock probably the end game. If that's the end game, you want that list of accolades and wins to look good. Cena, regardless of what he's been doing in WWE, is going to make him look good.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think you even watched Smackdown.

All of it, no? Was definitely asleep.

But I’ve seen clips of the things that interest me, also saw Cenas promo in full and Reigns response, including Balor coming out.

If there was anything else, then yeah, I probably missed it. But nothing of what I saw really added any substance for me, especially from Cenas side. If there was a segment I missed that adds to it, let me know and I’ll go back and check it out.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of it, no? Was definitely asleep.

But I’ve seen clips of the things that interest me, also saw Cenas promo in full and Reigns response, including Balor coming out.

If there was anything else, then yeah, I probably missed it. But nothing of what I saw really added any substance for me, especially from Cenas side. If there was a segment I missed that adds to it, let me know and I’ll go back and check it out.
    Ok I was just making sure you saw what mattered lol. You just kept talking about Raw and the lack of long term storytelling which is why I mentioned Rollins v. Edge.

I will say this about John Cena. His promos are top tier, he has a seat at the table with the elite. But they do have a certain structure. His promos are a lot like Paul Heyman's. They're designed to build up while at the same time tear down to build up themselves/their client-but they're done perfectly. Paul would phone it in a lot during the CM Punk/Rybaxel feud and it was still top notch.

So yeah I can see where you think the promos are very similar but go back and watch some of the build to Lashley v. Cena. Very similar in the subject matter. Cena telling Lashley he's great, super athlete, could be the guy, etc. In a way, Roman v. Cena was probably what WWE wanted with Lashley v. Cena years ago. And we've seen that same face v. face promo structure from Cena. I call it the big brother routine where he has to let everyone know he's little brother is no joke-but big brother is still the man.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The difference to me though, is Lashley v Cena was 14 years ago. Cena has had so many feuds and rivalries since then, since they only had the one match, I wouldn’t be surprised if people forgot it even happened. It was, admittedly, a very forgettable program, where as the one with Reigns is so much easier to recall, as it’s one of John’s last big programs. (Yes, I’m kind of dismissing the Undertaker and Fiend programs, which may not be the right thing to do).

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The difference to me though, is Lashley v Cena was 14 years ago. Cena has had so many feuds and rivalries since then, since they only had the one match, I wouldn’t be surprised if people forgot it even happened. It was, admittedly, a very forgettable program, where as the one with Reigns is so much easier to recall, as it’s one of John’s last big programs. (Yes, I’m kind of dismissing the Undertaker and Fiend programs, which may not be the right thing to do).
    Dude you just made a great case as to why they should never have John Cena v. Bobby Lashley 2.

You're adding and subtracting to sell your argument and that's fine but you're also making valid points as to why there is no point in having Cena v. Lashley.

I don't think Lashley v. Cena is a match that is 100% not going to happen again. The problem is RIGHT NOW, it doesn't need to happen. Neither Roman or Lashley had a clear path after MITB. If John Cena and the WWE are looking at the absolute best option they're not looking at a match nobody remembers 15 years ago. Even if someone said "Roman v. Cena happened not too long ago and Roman won last time" You have a completely different dynamic and honestly I think this time around, we might have more people thinking John Cena could be the guy to take out Roman.

I also think if it were Lashley v. Cena, I don't think Lashley wins that match. They would put the belt on Cena because Raw's ratings with Lashley as champ SUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS. His feuds are weak, his matches are weak, and he's kind of lost a lot of steam because MVP can only take you so far. MVP wasn't exactly selling out MSG every night either.

So it's probably a good thing Cena v. Lashley isn't happening now, but we have to all agree at some point in our lives that Goldberg needs to go. He doesn't belong and he never should've been pushed that hard. I could book an entire 1998 without Bill Goldberg ever wrestling Hulk Hogan or a crazy long streak.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don’t think we are gonna come to an accord here. Business wise, main event of summerslam wise, yes, it makes the most sense. I cannot disagree with that, it would be foolish.

Storyline by way of continuity wise….. I just don’t agree with it. That’s all.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Cena’s main responsibility, for however long he’s around, is to be putting over the new/current wave. He did it for Riddle on RAW, he needs to do the job at SummerSlam v Roman, he needs to put over a couple more dudes before he ultimately/finally bounces back to Hollywood. There are a handful of guys that could really use the Cena rub, be it a promo/backstage segment/match.

I think it was The Rock who said, and I’m paraphrasing, that the final responsibility of the wrestler is to go out on your back and elevate those who will be sticking around.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one fascinating thing about WWE at the moment is who the hell will be the one to get the rub from Roman.

I can't see it being Big E to be honest. But who is there?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I absolutely think it will be Big E.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    The one fascinating thing about WWE at the moment is who the hell will be the one to get the rub from Roman.

I can't see it being Big E to be honest. But who is there?
    I can definitely see Big E getting the real rub from Roman. It's strange that in all his time of being a top tier player, Roman hasn't really been put in a position to MAKE someone.

WWE has to really tighten up their booking for Big E so when he does in a program with Roman he looks ready to take over because right now, SD needs someone who can carry the torch of top babyface side by side with Roman as the top heel. Big E could be that dude, even with that name "Big E" he could main event WrestleMania.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roman helped make Strowman, but you can argue that Strowman made Strowman

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roman helped make Strowman, but you can argue that Strowman made Strowman
    I 100% believe Strowman made Strowman. If Roman wasn't booked like such a shit babyface Strowman would've been able to get over as a top tier heel. But it always felt like he was the more over of the 2. Remember when they turned Strowman heel out of nowhere to team with Drew and Dolph?

The next time anyone tries to say Vince loves big guys, Strowman is proof he really doesn't. Super over, let's have him win the tag titles with a 10 year old kid. Cheered for murdering our top babyface? Let's have Lesnar squash him lol. Just stupid shit left and right.

Just like when the WWE doctor wouldn't clear Bryan until Roman was cemented as a top guy.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when will that be? i am thinking the Rock gets the Mania match with Roman unless it's not for the title

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    when will that be? i am thinking the Rock gets the Mania match with Roman unless it's not for the title
    Are we talking about him cashing in on Roman or are we talking about Big E actually going over Roman in a feud?

I think back to CM Punk. The first time he won it, he didn't really get a solid run. The next year, much better booking. So we might see Big E cash in on Roman. Questionable part is would WWE have Big E lose and THEN get the big win over Roman?

What if Big E cashes in on Roman after he beats The Rock at Mania next year? We haven't seen the briefcase cashed in at the end of the night. This year we had Roman standing tall getting booed. Next year we might need a OMG moment to send the fans home happy. Imagine The Rock simply applauding Big E in his moment. The confetti Roman thought he was about to get instead goes to Big E.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know what I think WWE's biggest problem tends to be from a booking standpoint? Too much heat. There's literally no balance on the 3 main shows. Kross is undefeated on NXT plus turds like Adam Cole barely job. SD dominated by Roman, Raw dominated by Lashley. That's why Summerslam has them defending against yesteryear.

The fans popped hard when Roman accepted Finn's challenge. They've barely touched over the years and the idea of Roman Reigns v. Demon Balor headlining a ppv puts a huge smile on my face. They're 1-1, correct? I hope this match ends in a draw to keep it fresh down the road. Smackdown has solid babyfaces that Roman can work with I just think from a storyline aspect, Finn Balor coming in and being an automatic main event player on SD is very important.

I think Raw needs to hold off a little longer on putting the strap back on Drew. He could ride it out to next year's Mania. I could see him winning Rumble again and launching into a World title program with someone. A lot will change after the next draft. AJ Styles might be getting another babyface run.
    Last edited by Nash Diesel; July 28th, 2021 at 5:43 PM.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we talking about him cashing in on Roman or are we talking about Big E actually going over Roman in a feud?

I think back to CM Punk. The first time he won it, he didn't really get a solid run. The next year, much better booking. So we might see Big E cash in on Roman. Questionable part is would WWE have Big E lose and THEN get the big win over Roman?

What if Big E cashes in on Roman after he beats The Rock at Mania next year? We haven't seen the briefcase cashed in at the end of the night. This year we had Roman standing tall getting booed. Next year we might need a OMG moment to send the fans home happy. Imagine The Rock simply applauding Big E in his moment. The confetti Roman thought he was about to get instead goes to Big E.
    Didn't Rollins cash in at WM31?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think 50/50 booking is one of WWE biggest issues. Someone just has to get their win back. It hasn't been as bad of late but it's hard to create a new star when the heel is booked to get their win back for no reason.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't Rollins cash in at WM31?
    I knew I should've clarified. Seth did it mid-match. I'm talking about when it's all said and done, Roman raises the title thinking fireworks are about to pop off and boom-Big E's music hits and it's 1-2-3 Big E is the new champ. The New Day run out, The Rock raises an eyebrow out of respect for the pancake party, and we call it good.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno, you mention the name and I think Big E should be changed to something else. The pancake stuff too, just not really for a main event level guy. He has the talent though, no doubt

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno, you mention the name and I think Big E should be changed to something else. The pancake stuff too, just not really for a main event level guy. He has the talent though, no doubt
    Based on what? There was a main event level legend who choked people out with a sock puppet.

In AEW, the World champ used to wrestle blow up dolls and just came out in some Space Jam bullshit lol. And he's considered the best in the world today.

I'm not a big fan of New Day at all, I prefer a more serious tone to wrestling. I'm just saying...New Day is over with their routine, the merch numbers are main event level. But his name is definitely something that to me sounds like a bodyguard. But then again, The Big Show was dumb too. Some of these names just start to stick, and I wouldn't be negative if Big E won his last name back somehow lol.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big E winning his last name back, hmm...?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His real name is dope. It's too bad he can't be "Big E" Ettore Ewen. Triple E baby!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For as good as SD has been lately that contract segment was dumb and goes against Cena's character.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really responsive and fun crowd in Minneapolis.

Reigns had a hell of the line, comparing Cena to constant doses of missionary position and Cena had a great rebuttal. "If you find someone who can make missionary position interesting for two decades, keep them in your life. It's going to be worth it, I promise." The segment was a little too long for my liking, mainly due to the Corbin but, but Cena's counter was sharp and effective.

Rey vs. Jimmy was pretty good. Nice to see that the faces weren't playing the idiot role for an additional week and fought fire with fire. It also made sense from a week-to-week perspective to see the younger Mysterio lose one week and the punishable Uso lose the following week. Doesn't close to absolving, but the effort is noted.

Reginald suddenly is Reggie and is no longer French? Lol. We'll see long it is until they get bored with him.

The contract signing segment was definitely wild. That doesn't mean it was all good but it was eventful. Wasn't helpful to have Pearce lead things off by saying the goal was to get the contract signed in the most efficient way possible lol. Reigns and Bálor had a pretty good teaser with they initial back and forth. Got very loony after that. The contract signing did very little for those involved. Cena didn't come off great, the GM team looks stupid, and Bálor got robbed by a randomly-appearing Corbin. The fact they're running Bálor/Corbin next week makes it seem like they're keeping the door relatively wide open for the triple threat to be a thing at the PPV. Certainly seems like they're saving Bálor/Reigns for a later date.

The six-man match exposed a point that Smackdown is probably in an extremely rich spot in terms of midcard faces but they're probably lacking for the counterparts. Have to imagine two of the three faces could very well move on to Raw when the draft comes along. Seemed like Cesaro was poised to chase Crews, and now Nakamura joins the fray.

Fresh way to make you think anything can happen when you're watching by having Rollins attack Edge during the commercial break. Not a groundbreaking move but it's a subtle improvement. Rollins seemed to go to town with the attack too, which is what you want to see. Heck of a moment to get a 'We Want Becky' chant by the end of it.

Bianca's interview earlier in the show didn't make a lot of sense and was going nowhere fast. You had a challenger ask for a third attempt at the championship and then an ice cold Zelina asking for a shot at Bianca. The segment was salvaged by the return of Sasha. Great point by McAfee saying it was hard to distinguish what was the bigger surprise: Sasha suddenly reappearing or Sasha being so chummy with Bianca? At least that was addressed by the end of the show with the friendliness being a ruse and Sasha hit a backstabber out of nowhere. There's not as much time to reheat this compared to the time before Mania so hopefully this build isn't a dud again.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cena was trying way too hard in the opening segment. I get that it's been a while since he's performed in front of live crowds, but his act felt forced. And was he taking shots at the Rock? Those "johnson" jokes were weird.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Cena was trying way too hard in the opening segment. I get that it's been a while since he's performed in front of live crowds, but his act felt forced. And was he taking shots at the Rock? Those "johnson" jokes were weird.
    The jokes were shit but I doubt there was any underhanded malice and was probably just a callback to their rivalry.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am glad that Bianca now has something interesting to do. I have never been a huge Sasha fan, but I have come around and will give her credit for helping legitimize Bianca.

The Reggie / Alpha Academy segment managed to pull off both of its goals - reintroduce Reginald as Reggie and allow him to showcase his flippy/dippy stuff, and to keep Otis looking like a monster. Gable is underrated as he sold Reggie's stuff very well.

Loved how the crowd was singing along to Nakamura's theme well after the music ended.

I thought their "We want Becky!" chant to Seth almost caught him - as if he was considering responding to it but realized it wasn't right for his character.

CENA's (we should refer to him in all caps since that's how he signs his name) line about keeping someone who is good at the missionary position in your life made me wonder how much he knows he messed up with the hottest Bella.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds more like Cena has had a lot of boring sex

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    something something 5 moves of doom

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    John Cena admits to hooking up with plus size lady! - YouTube

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Decided to skip NXT the last few weeks in favour of watching Smackdown. Makes such a difference having that crowd.

Solid show. Really impressive to see how smooth Rey is at his age and with all the miles on his clock.

Overall, a good show. Interesting to see how it plays out with Finn. If Cena was sticking around, would love to see Finn turn heel on him and start a programme.

Nakamura seemed pretty over, or is it just his entrance?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Decided to skip NXT the last few weeks in favour of watching Smackdown. Makes such a difference having that crowd.

Solid show. Really impressive to see how smooth Rey is at his age and with all the miles on his clock.

Overall, a good show. Interesting to see how it plays out with Finn. If Cena was sticking around, would love to see Finn turn heel on him and start a programme.

Nakamura seemed pretty over, or is it just his entrance?
    Both. It's like asking if the New Age Outlawz were over or was it simply the crowd participation with the entrance. Nakamura delivers in the ring, his character work as a heel or babyface are very good, and then you have the joy of singing along to his entrance. Rick Boogs is such a weird pairing but it works. In the past I'd be watching it going " Are they going to try and turn one on the other and hope Boogs gets the rub?" Not here. Here I'm just enjoying the ride but still wishing Boogs was wrestling too.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    It was kinda tongue in cheek, to be honest, although that wasn't clear.

Have vague recollections of similar 'theories from management' in the past. Daniel Bryan springs to mind. He's not over. the 'yes' chant is over.

Or have I been dreaming again.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's possibly true. I hated Daniel Bryan but I loved the Yes chant.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a chant dictated a push then what happened to Fandango? Or even Nakamura? Who thought him jobbing to Jinder was smart?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chants don't equate or lead to pushes. Zach Ryder proved that. Shane O'Mac removed all doubt when he said "Duly noted" about Rusev.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chants don't equate or lead to pushes. Zach Ryder proved that. Shane O'Mac removed all doubt when he said "Duly noted" about Rusev.
    Eh, I disagree about chants not leading to pushes. My go to will always be Ryback when it comes to chants acting as a wrestler's life force. Ryback was getting momentum, but his FEED ME MORE chant was sky rocketing. WWE took a chance on him, but quickly realized he just wasn't the right guy to push to the stars.

While chants may not be the only thing that lead to pushes, they can still be a pulse on what the fans want. While Ryback could be one side of a coin, Daniel Bryan could be the flip side. His YES chants were the loudest thing going in wrestling and Daniel was one of the best wrestlers on the planet. But it still took WWE forever to finally pull the trigger and let him do his thing. It took some of the loudest crowd reactions and YES chants to make WWE change their minds about having Batista main event Wrestlemania against Randy Orton. That would have sucked.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the total package. Ryback had a look and was getting booked in a way we hadn't really seen in many many years especially WWE. He kind of had a buzz doing NXT as I remember quite a few people were high on his Stone Cold inspired look. I don't know if I'd say the guy ever really got a push. He lost 7-8 ppvs in a row, didn't win a title until a few years after that with the IC strap. I kind of miss Ryback, just not the guy behind the gimmick.

I'd say the same with Daniel Bryan. Only fans were way more fucking relentless with wanting to see him and it's almost like nothing I've really seen in 35 years of watching. The Yes chant was part of the package but it was the overall respect for this man as a performer that forced the WWE's hand.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They started pushing Ryback because he was impressive destroying jobbers, then when he got in the ring with someone who had talent they realized he sucked so then they paired him up with Curtis Axel who also sucks.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    They started pushing Ryback because he was impressive destroying jobbers, then when he got in the ring with someone who had talent they realized he sucked so then they paired him up with Curtis Axel who also sucks.
    Ryback could've been the next Batista.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might be overthinking this but what if the whole contract thing with Finn/Cena isn't about a triple threat since they just had one with Reigns, Edge and Bryan a few months ago. What if this is a way to have a built in program for Finn/Reigns after Cena leaves. Cena wins at Summerslam maybe with interference by Finn. They get a few days of press for Cena and WWE as he's the new champion only to have Vince McMahon come out on Friday after SS and tell Cena that the WWE legal team have determined that stealing the contract from Finn makes his title win a no contest and therefore Reigns is still champion and never actually lost to Cena on the books. Reigns gets to continue on his potential record breaking title run and Cena never lost to Reigns which leaves an opportunity for a rematch at WM incase Rock can't commit. WM comes around and Reigns beats Rock, Cena or Brock cleanly and at this point he will have surpassed Brocks reign as champion. Reigns celebrates and Big E's music hits and he cashes in on Roman and wins the Universal Championship. Or even leave out Big E and have Roman squash Cena or Rock and Brock returns at the end of WM or the SD after it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crowd was definitely a step or two down compared to the previous two weeks.

The promo at the start between Bianca and Sasha was good. Pairing that with the lack of terrible booking the last go round is already a step in the right direction when looking at those two ladies. Zelina is nothing but fodder but it's good to have the champ and challenger not trying to coexist as a tag team like they attempted to execute prior to Mania. Meanwhile..where are Toni and Liv??

They're spinning their wheels with the men's tag title picture but the singles matches are at least entertaining. Dominik seems to be adapting to the live crowd relatively well.

Seems a tad convoluted but I imagine Summerslam is going to feature a multi-man match for the IC championship.

Guess it's good they didn't forget about Tegan and Shotzi being competitors for the tag gold. Tamina, more or less, has been booked like an imposing and dominant female so that definitely fell by the waste side here, losing via a distraction from Shotzi's tank lol. We're just biding our time until Nattie can come back so we can revamp the tag division.

The segment between Edge and Rollins was pretty good. They've talked about that segment from seven years ago when Rollins didn't stomp Edge multiple times but they haven't shown it for some reason. Edge has mocked 2/3 of The Shield lol. He called Reigns a Samoan Edge and Rollins an Edge-Lite. Have to imagine they're going to have a very good, and very different match (compared to Reigns/Edge) at the PPV.

Crazy to think it's been since late May that the Street Profits have actually had a tag match on TV.

'Bum Ass Baron Corbin' was a good touch by McAfee. The rest of his night was pretty meh but that was a good one.

Bálor had a good amount of piss and vinegar to his character tonight. Not the Prinxe version from NXT in full form with his promos but fairly close. A substantial problem with the short-term aspect of the confrontation between Reigns and Bálor was that the crowd kept chanting for Cena. Probably didn't help that he was held off of the show until the dark match but that chant was suboptimal for what was actually playing out on screen. Other than that, Bálor looked nearly flawless over the course of the final segment. Crafty reversal to but The Usos on their heels and made quick work of them and called Reigns out again. He was standing up to Reigns before the numbers got to him. Main gripe would be that I wouldn't have had Bálor tap. Don't mind having him in a guillotine but passing out would have worked out better for his character.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Three Things I Liked:

-Sasha Banks’ promo
    -Big E going full-on Joker
    -Finn looking like a million bucks.

One Thing I Will Complain About:

-Liv Morgan getting buried. She was pretty freaking over at/around MITB, I fear they’re going to Braun Strowman her push; the fans want to cheer for her.

Fact:

-Edge v Seth is going to be MOTY candidate.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    -Edge v Seth is going to be MOTY candidate.
    Yeah, WMOTY candidate perhaps!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meanwhile..where are Toni and Liv??

Bálor had a good amount of piss and vinegar to his character tonight. Not the Prinxe version from NXT in full form with his promos but fairly close. A substantial problem with the short-term aspect of the confrontation between Reigns and Bálor was that the crowd kept chanting for Cena. Probably didn't help that he was held off of the show until the dark match but that chant was suboptimal for what was actually playing out on screen. Other than that, Bálor looked nearly flawless over the course of the final segment. Crafty reversal to but The Usos on their heels and made quick work of them and called Reigns out again. He was standing up to Reigns before the numbers got to him. Main gripe would be that I wouldn't have had Bálor tap. Don't mind having him in a guillotine but passing out would have worked out better for his character.
    Liv is leaving cryptic posts on her twitter account again. They spent weeks building her up prior to MITB and now Zelina is in the title picture. It's more stops and starts as usual with Liv's singles career.

Yeah, I don't know why Balor had to tap to end an otherwise excellent segment. It's like two steps forward, one step back.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to the show tonight and it felt like the crowd was pretty up for the show. Was interesting to see that the three dark matches before the show. The first was Aliyah & Xia Li versus Kacy Catanzaro & Dakota Kai. Really weird seeing Dakota work as a face but she worked the smoothest of everyone and the crowd liked her. Next match was Ridge Holland versus Austin Theory. Crowd got behind Theory quickly and they loved his dropkicks. The heels won the first two matches. Keith Lee wrestled a jobber and just did belly-to-belly suplexes before hitting his finisher. Crowd was thrilled to see him.

First segment was very long but the crowd was all about it.

Felt like the finish of the IC Championship match was given away to me as the crew put out the pyro stands at the ramp 3/4 of the way through the match. McAfee went nuts for the title change.

Corbin is really entertaining live.

Dark match was The Bloodline versus Cena and The Mysterios. Dominik was being beaten up for the heat for most of the match. Reigns was so good with hamming it up with the crowd and riling them up. The Usos kept climbing the ropes and throwing up their index finger and Reigns did too for heat. Cena finally got the hot tag and Reigns. They didn’t work together very long and then Reigns bailed. Cena hit his moves on Jimmy Uso and got the pin for the win.

Bummed there was no Edge or Bálor but still a fun show. Will be interesting to see how it came across on TV.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What happened to Toni Storm? She debuted, beat Zelina, and then disappeared. Meanwhile, Zelina's floating around the championship scene. Weird.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    What happened to Toni Storm? She debuted, beat Zelina, and then disappeared. Meanwhile, Zelina's floating around the championship scene. Weird.
    Vince happened?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Three things I liked;

-The shoot/smark remarks in the Cena-Reigns promo.
    -Nakamura with gold.
    -Sasha freaking Banks. I feel like a heel champ Banks, with Carmella and Zelina as her lackeys, running roughshod over the SmackDown women’s division until Mania has some definite entertainment value.

One thing I’m going to complain about:

-John Cena talking about protection. Cena mentioning #17 numerous times got me like: “Damn, it’s going to happen, isn’t it”…

Off-topic:

-Pat McAfee is fucking money.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Three things I liked;

-The shoot/smark remarks in the Cena-Reigns promo.
    -Nakamura with gold.
    -Sasha freaking Banks. I feel like a heel champ Banks, with Carmella and Zelina as her lackeys, running roughshod over the SmackDown women’s division until Mania has some definite entertainment value.

One thing I’m going to complain about:

-John Cena talking about protection. Cena mentioning #17 numerous times got me like: “Damn, it’s going to happen, isn’t it”…

Off-topic:

-Pat McAfee is fucking money.
    I thought that too but then I remembered Roman's been protected since the jump. Cena at least went through that awkward year or so of just being normal John Cena with tights.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crowd was pretty hot for the show. Figured we'd use the same format from Raw for this Smackdown, looking at how Smackdown handled go-home responsibilities.

Edge vs. Seth Rollins
    This really has been built really well since they teased it prior to the previous PPV. Rollins has been pretty solid with his part of the build and that allowed Edge to do what has been his strength since he came back: cutting emotional promos. Spotlight Promo Edge is quality. Of course something was amiss with Rollins as the drip was replaced with a white suit, but that set table for the "Brood Bath" by Edge to come across more prominently on TV. Could have been corny but that was good, and this match is trending to be a potential MOTN contender.

The Usos (c) vs. Rey Mysterio and Dominik Mysterio for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship
    Pretty nice homage to Wu-Tang with those new Mysterios shirts. This has been treading water a bit and it is somewhat interesting that the story seems to be focusing more on the fact that Dominik seems to be losing sight of the big picture or Rey is providing a little too much tough love to keep Dominik in check. Jey and Rey had a hell of a match tonight. As long as the story between these two teams takes a break after the weekend, the stage is set for a strong finish. Either way, each team could face substantial changes based on a loss.

Bianca Belair (c) vs. Sasha Banks for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship
    After mysterious absences by them on the house show circuit over the last week, guess it is good that at least Bianca was back. Bianca made short work of Sasha's new cronies. Out of the Smackdown group, this match lost whatever momentum it had going into the PPV but I’m sure the match will deliver.

Roman Reigns (c) vs. John Cena for the WWE Universal Championship
    Crowd was ready for this segment, for sure. Good to add the stip that if Reigns loses, he leaves WWE. Think @Tyson was one of the few that actually verbalized that he felt Cena was on pace to win at the PPV, so I would think this helps settle the "concern" that Reigns is losing. Despite that fear, all they really did was their job: tell a hell of a story, culminating with this episode. This was definitely a condensed version of the barbs they were throwing out at each other last week. Still good, nonetheless. Funny twist with Cena actually rolling Reigns up and getting that 1-2-3, to show he can do it.

Corbin and E is a good feud to work with coming out of the PPV. E needs some significant direction next week. Shahtaht to McAfee for yelling "there is 6'6'' TRASH BAG on the run with something he does not own" as Corbin fled the scene with the briefcase again. Have lost track how many times Tegan and Shotzi have beaten the tag champs. I think it's three times but its at least two times too many without a championship change. How the mighty have fallen. Apollo Crews loses the gold last week and then eats a pin by Rick Boogs in a tag match the following week. No Toni Storm, No Liv, No Bálor. Guess they wanted to rollout Toni and Bálor prior to the PPV but hopefully they all pick up steam next week. Actually wouldn't be surprised if Bálor plays a role in the Universal Champyonshyp match.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cena's whole promo was him basically saying he's taking the title and fucking off "thanks to Roman Reigns"... .... I mean.. that's a face promo? Oooooooooooookay.

"1... 2....3!!!"
    "He kicked out at 2 and a half"

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Broooooood!!!!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be surprised if they had Edge put together a new Brood stable and this wasn't just a one time thing. Just seems odd though because yeah Rollins and Edge are feuding, but why is this the thing that makes Edge go all dark and stuff?

And the bloodbath looked brownish black. It looked like literal poo.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course there’s not going to be a Brood stable, it’s great hearing that music and them referencing the Brood. It was a nice unexpected twist, I’m certainly not complaining.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, PW Insider is reporting that Becky's actions represented a turn. That went well a few years ago at Summerslam, so we'll see how this attempt goes.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, let's bring back the one of the most popular talents in the entire company and turn them heel. The only way Becky could go heel is if she stops calling herself the Man and takes on a whole new persona that grates on the fans. But then they're shooting themselves in the foot by killing any interest in her.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, PW Insider is reporting that Becky's actions represented a turn. That went well a few years ago at Summerslam, so we'll see how this attempt goes.
    Lol at that journalism.

“She won fair and square in seconds. She also attacked another heel as well so she must be heeeel herself! What are they doing?”
    Last edited by Badger; August 23rd, 2021 at 2:42 AM.