Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 2,000 of 2672

Thread: The Official Friday Night Smackdown Thread

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're leaning into the better angle - a war within The Bloodline - when it comes to Paul and Reigns. That said, that shouldn't be the hook when you have Paul and Reigns, but Paul doesn't work in this role. They've got a few more weeks to go with this build so we'll see how it goes, but the crowd isn't going to get behind Paul. There were serious Thunderdome vibes when Reigns and Jey Uso were riled up.

Legado and Hit Row: Just intertwined, no matter where they wind up. Good move to have Zelina as the lady in the mix with them. That helps get them in the door and have connective tissue the audience can vibe with. Legado hit their stride in NXT before the call up but it was a cool face group. They're reverting back to the heel act now. One positive is that Barrett is going to help them get over via commentary.

Is the stuff with Shotzi and Raquel leading to a returning, heel Aliyah? Yuck. Speaking of returning, Sarah Logan returning with the Viking Raiders. Okay. Raw has gotten such a boost with new ladies on the roster. Sarah and Zelina don't exactly tip the scales in Smackdown's favor. That said, with Barrett here now, seems like a really convenient fit to bring Toxic Attraction up. That would help.

LA Knight. YEAH.

A fake tap was quite a move for the main event, haha. It's lining up as I thought though: GUNTHER retains but the Brawling Brutes get the win back at ER.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Legado are awesome and I'm stoked they're on the main roster. Genuinely believe Escobar is main event material. Elektra was alright but Zelina is an upgrade.

I see BG menntioning Sarah Logan but the results I read said nothing of her or the Raiders. Video package? EDIT: Ah yeah, I found it. Cool.
    Last edited by mth; October 8th, 2022 at 12:14 AM.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven’t watched the show but got that Gunther/Sheamus finish on FB.

Uugh! 50/50 booking BS. Sheamus will probably won the third match down the road but dragging this shit they like to do. Sheamus really should’ve won it at Clash of the Castle. Strike while iron is hot not after it’s been left to cool a bit on the side of an ironing board.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I really want extended singles runs for both Kofi and Xavier, preferably with a title; Kingston in the main event and Woods in the upper midcard.

Braun running with the New Day could be a lot of fun, Kofi/Xavier do the talking and Strowman plays equalizer/enforcer.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    The video package made Liv look really good. Hang with ronda worthy? Nope, but mich better.

Scarlett is seriously one minor plastic surgery away from looking like an ai doll come to life. Kross has a good look I'm just not buying all the way into him yet.

Still don't get hit row. Nice guy gangstas?

Sheamus and Gunthur was great. Lot of good spots. I want Sheamus to get a win but of they are building the ic and us title back up they are doing a great job in just rising gunther's stock. Sheamus deserves something thought for what he's done in thisnfued.

Sami still kills on all levels.

Guessing Stephanie opens up raw on Monday?

People are gonna be pumped for white rabbit tonight.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved the implied synergy in the sense that LDF left NXT in their black SUV, then they showed Hit Row leaving their bus going to break but there was a black SUV pulling up behind them.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Agree that Sami has been absolutely killing it as an honorary Uce.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're really trying to do a lot on Smackdown. Gotta give them props for throwing a bunch of stuff out there that's different/fresh to see what will stick. With this leadership, you'd like to think we'll see things stick out a little longer so they can have a chance to see if they can sink or swim.

Liv doing table sentons in any scenario seems silly but fun. She's nailing them, too.

Roxanne Perez did not look at out of place at all in terms of mixing with Bayley. The finish was clunky but the youngster can go.

Like that they're running it back with LA Knight's character as a heel. I feel it's often a missed opportunity in some ways to just run a story back when you call someone up. Yeah, it can be lazy but in most cases, the story worked if they're getting enough steam to be called up in the first place so do it again then let it evolve. You can do this because you're telling a story to an audience that more than likely didn't see it originally. The viewing audience for NXT is so much smaller compared to Raw and Smackdown. There's no shame in "playing the hits" for a character to get them cooking in front of a larger audience.

Interesting approach to try to steer you away from thinking the Mysterio stuff is done but you have to think Dom is going to cost his dad when it comes to the IC championship match, though GUNTHER/Mysterio will slap. We even got a head scissor driver on free TV here.

That Wyatt presentation at the end was bonkers. Really dig the theme, really thrown off to see Wyatt channel himself and legit speak from his heart. He was emotional before even saying a word. Feels like the initial premise we're getting here is that Wyatt is going to be off in his own world and having to fight his demons. That's certainly one way to avoid running the risk of cannibalizing the rest of the roster. Not many acts could really go through that, but Wyatt certainly has the ability and the theatrics at his disposal to make it work if this is the path they go with it. If this is it, will it work? We shall see.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; October 14th, 2022 at 10:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    They're really trying to do a lot on Smackdown. Gotta give them props for throwing a bunch of stuff out there that's different/fresh to see what will stick. With this leadership, you'd like to think we'll see things stick out a little longer so they can have a chance to see if they can sink or swim.

Liv doing table sentons in any scenario seems silly but fun. She's nailing them, too.

Roxanne Perez did not look at out of place at all in terms of mixing with Bayley. The finish was clunky but the youngster can go.

Like that they're running it back with LA Knight's character as a heel. I feel it's often a missed opportunity in some ways to just run a story back when you call someone up. Yeah, it can be lazy but in most cases, the story worked if they're getting enough steam to be called up in the first place so do it again then let it evolve. You can do this because you're telling a story to an audience that more than likely didn't see it originally. The viewing audience for NXT is so much smaller compared to Raw and Smackdown. There's no shame in "playing the hits" for a character to get them cooking in front of a larger audience.

Interesting approach to try to steer you away from thinking the Mysterio stuff is done but you have to think Dom is going to cost his dad when it comes to the IC championship match, though GUNTHER/Mysterio will slap. We even got a head scissor driver on free TV here.

That Wyatt presentation at the end was bonkers. Really dig the theme, really thrown off to see Wyatt channel himself and legit speak from his heart. He was emotional before even saying a word. Feels like the initial premise we're getting here is that Wyatt is going to be off in his own world and having to fight his demons. That's certainly one way to avoid running the risk of cannibalizing the rest of the roster. Not many acts could really go through that, but Wyatt certainly has the ability and the theatrics at his disposal to make it work if this is the path they go with it. If this is it, will it work? We shall see.
    Brutes vs bloodline should be good.

For some reason I keep hearing Sheamus say to Sammy "from one ginger to an udder"

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sheamus out injured approx 4-6 months. Damn that’s shitty timing when this Gunther feud still has full steam.

I respect Logan Paul for giving this a go and having good matches. He is butt ugly at promos though.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Sheamus out injured approx 4-6 months. Damn that’s shitty timing when this Gunther feud still has full steam.

I respect Logan Paul for giving this a go and having good matches. He is butt ugly at promos though.
    See I was thinking they were done with Sheamus/Gunther but either way this does suck. If he can make it back in time for Mania, and Gunther is still wearing IC gold, that would be a good "Mania moment" for the veteran.

I agree about Logan. He can perform well but his promos are terrible.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    See I was thinking they were done with Sheamus/Gunther but either way this does suck. If he can make it back in time for Mania, and Gunther is still wearing IC gold, that would be a good "Mania moment" for the veteran.

I agree about Logan. He can perform well but his promos are terrible.
    With the PPV win, I was thinking Sheamus was going to get another shot but winning this time. I don’t know if Gunther will hold it until his return but hope Sheamus gets the belt anyway.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the PPV win, I was thinking Sheamus was going to get another shot but winning this time. I don’t know if Gunther will hold it until his return but hope Sheamus gets the belt anyway.
    I'd like to see him get the IC title to complete the collection. There are very few people who have won almost every single title WWE has had in the last 20+ years and Sheamus being in that group seems weird to me. Maybe if I was younger, under 30 maybe I would.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    WHat's weird is the Miz has won every title twice.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    WHat's weird is the Miz has won every title twice.
    Yet he never won the KOTR or the Rumble. I always thought he'd be a good King of the Ring.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to reply to this, but this was presumably an injury angle as he was getting married, so I think the timeline is storyline related.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Leave it to Badger to give false news.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad News Badger. Wade gave me permission to use the gimmick.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emma looked good in return. Moss looks ripped in defeat.

Loving the tension with the Bloodline. Sami Uso. Those guys were having a hard time not breaking character during that on multiple occasions. At least with Roman it feels like it's okay if he smiles a little because I think it plays into his "I'm the head of the table, I'm above this bullshit" character. But then he ends up getting involved in it.

Was hoping for an addition to Wyatt but enjoying the slow developments. Good idea to close the show with these segments like giving people something to hang onto for next time.

LA Knight singles run should be good, but Ricochet seems to be "the guy" when it comes to jobbing to someone. This show was just absolutely loaded with stuff going on.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This... was... awesome

All of it. I love it.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @NeseToTheFace I tried to move your post from the news thread to here but something went screwy and it seems to have disappeared...?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Uncle Howdy stuff... ugh, it looks like more caca.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    This... was... awesome

All of it. I love it.
    Not available in my country but guessing it’s the “Ucey” segment.

Loved it too. All of them corpsing, even Heyman. Didn’t really show Solo but he was probably pissing himself laughing too!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Sami is fucking killing it, Roman is still super over.

Don’t give a shit about Ronda as champion.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    The bloodline segment was gold. You know it's good when you can break character and it somehow still works just right.

It also can't be understated how great jey and Roman were when jey said he didn't give a damn about what the tribal chief thinks. (Subliminal rock hint) the inspection in jeys voice and the perfect timing of Roman's facial expression was dead on.
    Last edited by virms; October 29th, 2022 at 7:26 AM.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t know if they will but would love it they go full tilt with Sami Uso and make him even more “Ucey.” New shirt, Uso music for his match, ring announced as Sami Uso.

Even if they don’t, this storyline is wonderful and if either Sami or Jey turns and gets booted out, think it could work well either way.

Also two theories as to who Uncle Howdy. Either Bray’s real uncle or Bo. Think it’s Bo though, saw side by side pictures of Bo and Howdy and they both have the same earring.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I must give the rest of the Bloodline members credit, they have also been on fire.

Their sadness when Roman’s music hit, that of children knowing they’re in trouble and waiting for the fallout from Pops. Their astonishment when Jey said he didn’t care about what The Tribal Chief said. Jey trying his best to keep a straight face and stay in character was epic.

The crowd was also on last night, which made the segment that much better. The “You fucked up” and “Ucey” chants were gold.
    Last edited by Tyson; October 29th, 2022 at 11:25 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roman was on fire for that promo. And I don't know how those guys weren't cracking up after Sami dropped that ucey line.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hithit View Post
    Roman was on fire for that promo. And I don't know how those guys weren't cracking up after Sami dropped that ucey line.
    Well they were. Roman was visibly cracking up and the Usos were trying to bury their faces lol.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh Jesus, didn't think I needed to explain what I meant. I'm talking straight laughing where the world could see. I know they were cracking up and covering it. I watched the damn show.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by hithit View Post
    Oh Jesus, didn't think I needed to explain what I meant. I'm talking straight laughing where the world could see. I know they were cracking up and covering it. I watched the damn show.
    Badger is very literal on everything. Just shrug 99% of his comments off.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn’t being literal, I was joking. Hence the lol. I knew fine what you meant.

Quote Originally Posted by virm
    Badger is very literal on everything. Just shrug 99% of his comments off.
    Yeah alright then.
    Last edited by Badger; October 31st, 2022 at 7:24 AM.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Roman didn't look like he was on fire. I saw no smoke or flames.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scholars will eventually say that Bloodline segment was one of the better ones in recent history. Everything about it was quite fantastic.

I'm noticing more and more now that Ronda's matches go incredibly slow going from spot to spot.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read that this stuff with Sami was only supposed to be a couple weeks of TV filler, but the crowd has been loving it so much, they've postponed the intended payoff with that will involve KO coming to rescue Sami. Kevin Owens has been missing for a month now.

The whole segment with the Bloodline certainly felt very "Ucey" to me.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I read that this stuff with Sami was only supposed to be a couple weeks of TV filler, but the crowd has been loving it so much, they've postponed the intended payoff with that will involve KO coming to rescue Sami. Kevin Owens has been missing for a month now.

The whole segment with the Bloodline certainly felt very "Ucey" to me.
    Good point about KO being MIA since the Sept 30th Smackdown in Canada. He's been teaming up with Gargano wrestling the Usos on some house shows the last couple weeks but that's about it. I want the payoff to be KO and Sami winning the tag titles from the Usos. It'd be a killer match and it's almost like this whole thing writes itself. In some way it seems predictable but the shock value will be A-they actually went with teaming them up again and B-pulled the trigger on a tag title run. Which would no doubt be incredible.

And would put them in a small group of tag-teams who have held both WWE and ROH titles. Benjamin/Haas and the Hardy Boyz I think are the other 2 teams.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't follow ROH, but it would surprise me if there were tag titles that the Dudleyz have not won.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I don't follow ROH, but it would surprise me if there were tag titles that the Dudleyz have not won.
    No ROH tag titles for the Dudleyz. I think the 2 biggest titles that they didn't win while they were a team were the ROH titles and the GHC tag belts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kinda my point, I am tired of people changing what they think of a wrestler the minute they get success which people were asking for.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, Drew, The Brutes and Owens vs. The Bloodline in War Games? With Sami showing hesitation setting up Sheamus to get the win and build to a Xmas/New Year's title shot, while bubbling Owens vs. Reigns with a conflicted Sami for the Rumble? Then the 3 of them in the Chamber, with Drew, Sheamus and Rollins (red herring with Cody winning the Rumble) in Sami and Kevin's hometown? Leading into the turn, the save, and Usos vs. Owens/Zayn for the tag titles at 'Mania? That's the ticket.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great match as always between the Usos and New Day with a beautiful finish in the mid-air 1D off the top rope.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Btw maybe just me but these Ronda/Shayna backstage shenanigans, could go one of two ways IMO. Either they end up tearing the women’s tag division together or someone plants the seed that Shayna is just doing essentially doing the dirty work for Ronda and this leads to perhaps a full-blown match at Mania. Could actually see the fans getting behind Shayna if they lean into the fact Ronda is entitled and using her.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and every week I am far more convinced Sami should turn face on the Bloodline. FB’s scenario is just booking chef’s kiss!

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sami vs Roman in what the latter thinks would be a joke match then Sami fools him.

This is why he should’ve won the case instead of Theory IMO. Sooo many possibilities! Either keep Roman sweet or pretend to then drop the bomb.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sami vs Roman in what the latter thinks would be a joke match then Sami fools him.

This is why he should’ve won the case instead of Theory IMO. Sooo many possibilities! Either keep Roman sweet or pretend to then drop the bomb.
    I wanted a scenario with MITB where Sami unintentionally ends up with the briefcase. Say someone is unhooking it, fumbles it and it ends up in the hands of Sami. I know that Otis won it with a fumble but this just fits the whole storyline now with Sami.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeseToTheFace View Post
    I wanted a scenario with MITB where Sami unintentionally ends up with the briefcase. Say someone is unhooking it, fumbles it and it ends up in the hands of Sami. I know that Otis won it with a fumble but this just fits the whole storyline now with Sami.
    That’s not bad but I was thinking was something like Solo doing a Rhyno a la Wrestlemania 17 and piggybacking Sami up the ladder. Everyone but paranoid Jey Uso is against it but when Sami cashes it in on Roman or at least attempts, turns out Jey was right on him all along. Either way Sami gets the duke or gets killed trying but win for the fans either way!

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also “Clean up on Isle Green” is probably and will be the funniest Rousey line ever.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I argued, and am in favor of, Cody being the guy to beat Roman but Sami is my other genuine consideration. I agree that Roman agreeing to it thinking it'll be a breeze only to discover Sami brings the goddamn fight and gets it done would be awesome.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I argued, and am in favor of, Cody being the guy to beat Roman but Sami is my other genuine consideration. I agree that Roman agreeing to it thinking it'll be a breeze only to discover Sami brings the goddamn fight and gets it done would be awesome.
    Just as well you weren’t facing me in Wilfred’s…again.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sami beating Roman would be so underwhelming. Don't let a fun loving comedy character be the man. Not even for a brief "you supposedly deserve it" run. The smart move would be for everything to come back full circle to Sami and Jey with Sami and KO winning the belts ending the long streak, reuniting "Steenerico" and fulfilling the prophecy of them being tag-team champs.

BTW...New Day v. Usos=fucking awesome. Never had a bad match against each other and personally I prefer the Woods/Kingston combo.

Santos v. Nakamura was 2nd match of the night. I wish Nakamura was a bigger player but they've done a great job rebuilding the US/IC titles over the last year or 2 so I'm not negative to him being in the mix. Braun squashing Jinder was cool.

I'm not super high on Shotzi v. Ronda at Survivor Series. I would've preferred a Team Rousey v. Team ??? match. And if we're getting the Bloodline v. Drew/Brutes/mystery man? I'm down with that for War Games. You gotta think it'll be Kevin Owens. I was trying to think of another UK wrestler that could slide in and nobody jumped out-I'm probably missing someone obvious as fuck.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AudioDynamite View Post
    Kinda my point, I am tired of people changing what they think of a wrestler the minute they get success which people were asking for.
    Unless you can point out someone specifically, these comments are pointless.

And here's the other thing. Instead of acting like a gatekeeping wrestling hipster, maybe some talent get over doing different things and win people over. You don't get to say "If you didn't like Roman Reigns 7 years ago you can't be a fan now!" He's way more interesting than pretty much anyone in the entire industry, that wasn't the case when he was in The Shield or on his own. I hate to kill it for people but him turning heel years ago wouldn't have had the same effect. Just because a handful of fans didn't like his push. Oh well. Maybe stop buying his merch and he wouldn't have been pushed so hard.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    RE: Roman and the two ‘ships.

I had a huge essay written on how nobody should beat him, he drops both voluntarily. Might post it but probably not.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naw he has to put someone over but it has to be the right person. It's a small list. Cody, Wyatt, Kross. If they somehow get one of the belts off him, that leaves the door open for a few more people: Rollins, Lashley, Drew. It'd be cool if it was a first timer (Cody/Kross) but there's also something about a strong established wrestler beating him. If Roman holds it past Mania I wouldn't be negative to that. Have him lose them on Raw or Smackdown where they can get a huge rating.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I argued, and am in favor of, Cody being the guy to beat Roman but Sami is my other genuine consideration.
    this

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    My whole thesis was that if someone were to beat him cleanly, it better be the next face of the company, someone who will be around for the next 12-15 years. That means one of Austin Theory, Bron Breakker or Gable Steveson.

If you’re not strapping the massive rocket to one of those three, you create two seperate tournaments to split the belts and use those three or four months to rebuild multiple legitimate main eventers.

Roman can then go Lesnar part-time schedule, showing up for the occasional big money match at Mania/Summer Slam/Crown Jewel.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Highly doubt it's Stevenson. From all tge reports coming out he isn't doing very well.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    My whole thesis was that if someone were to beat him cleanly, it better be the next face of the company, someone who will be around for the next 12-15 years. That means one of Austin Theory, Bron Breakker or Gable Steveson.

If you’re not strapping the massive rocket to one of those three, you create two seperate tournaments to split the belts and use those three or four months to rebuild multiple legitimate main eventers.

Roman can then go Lesnar part-time schedule, showing up for the occasional big money match at Mania/Summer Slam/Crown Jewel.
    The idea of looking at 12-15 years from now seems pretty ambitious.

I imagine we're at least six months away from getting someone gassed up to be in a spot that can beat him. Most of the top people on the roster right now (probably around a handful of guys) can be booked to be in a position to be a threat and be in that spotlight. It's just a matter of who they want to be in that spot. While they probably have a handful of guys, I imagine there's really only 1-3 that are probably going to be in a position to really be the one to do it.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The idea of looking at 12-15 years from now seems pretty ambitious.
    That’s why Paul gets paid the big bucks…

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're trying to position someone you see as a top guy for the next 12-15 years, good luck lol. So much can change in the matter of 12-15 weeks let alone years. That's why they didn't have Cody Rhodes end the streak, that's why they didn't have a young Bam Bam Bigelow beat Andre the Giant clean at Mania.

It's an extreme gamble trying to build someone off a win like that who is unproven. Especially in this day and age where people's attention span is very short. Plus, the backlash is always a threat. You have someone like Theory or Breaker beat Roman after 2+ years, it screams "THIS IS OUR NEXT FORCED PUSH SUPERSTAR!" Cena wasn't so bad, we didn't realize it until he started saluting us pre-match instead of battle rapping and within 5 months Kurt Angle was getting cheered over Cena.

Roman was really the first guy that immediately we all knew-here's the next big push. He went from tag-team to World title contender after the Shield split and it took years for him to really find a universally meaningful spot and not just the "He's the one always winning I'm going to buy his merch and cheer for him!" type spot.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty good and eventful Smackdown. The stuff between Knight and Wyatt is pretty compelling.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprised to see Owens considering the injury report. Maybe he’s been medically cleared?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He wouldn't be out there if he wasn't. It was reported earlier in the day that he was expected to be present for Smackdown and Survivor Series, so I guess he dodged a bullet in terms of the severity of the injury.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Or they successfully worked you

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy Thanksgiving Rey!

So cheesy it’s awesome. Rey putting his mask on before he answers the door, the blurred photos and the attacks with the photo and the broom.

I imagine this’ll be aired on Smackdown tonight.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is fuckin great

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rey/Dom really needs to be a Mania match now.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rey/Dom really needs to be a Mania match now.
    Oh I am sure where this is going but Dom still needs plenty TV wins for that as he just got pinned on Raw so that can’t happen too much but at least they are going in the right direction.

If they can keep the sneaky wins or DQs going with him, it’ll be massive.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Now that college football is over, Pat McAfee should be back soon, yeah? Or do you think they’ll give him the month of December off and a return date in January for Mania season?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it possible we are going to get a 3-man booth for Smackdown? Personally I think it would work and would be pretty awesome. Wade the former talent who's slick on the mic and appreciates wrestling. Cole the seasoned vet who does what needs to be done as the babyface announcer. Pat is extremely versatile, feels more like one of us at the booth but not some neckbeard idiot marking out.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that college football is over, Pat McAfee should be back soon, yeah? Or do you think they’ll give him the month of December off and a return date in January for Mania season?
    Cole playfully said on McAfee's show that they're speculating it to be around January.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd say put Kevin Patrick elsewhere, and have Cole/McAfee, and Graves/Barrett

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I'd say put Kevin Patrick elsewhere, and have Cole/McAfee, and Graves/Barrett
    This. Three in the booth is too many.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This. Three in the booth is too many.
    If done right it's great. The problem is when you have a 3-man booth with Byron Saxton for 5+ years it can make people forget about the 90's classic trios like Tony Schiavone, Dusty Rhodes, and Bobby Heenan or Vince, JR, and King. I prefer a two man booth but I also don't want to see Wade get demoted to Level Up because Kevin Patrick is lead on Raw.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell of a finish to Ricochet/Escobar. Considering where the crowd was early in that match (caring about whatever was happening off camera) to being absolutely consumed by the match, kudos to them. If WWE wanted to mess around with their own best-of-seven series, having those two tussle would be a good place to start.

Escobar is so damn money as an act. Oozes charisma and just delivers in the ring. Glad he’s part of the main roster for this regime. I anticipate big things for him.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw the YouTube highlights of that one, seemed like an absolute banger. Very happy to see Ricochet with the big tourny win though I don't see him getting the title.

Agree on Escobar.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Walter throwing around little guys til Mania where he fights Drew will be great.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing Ricochet vs. Escobar was bringing them Lucha Underground vibes, man oh man I miss LU.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was hopeful of a Santos victory but figured we're getting Ricochet. I don't know what you do with Strowman - cost Gunther the title, interfere and it backfires and cost Ricochet the win?

Hoping somewhere down the road we get Ricochet/Santos for the title. Some just work so well together.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ricochet would be a gosh dang main eventer if only he showed more than an ounce of charisma.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GUNTHER needs to keep the title to Mania and Sheamus comes back around and gets the elusive win.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GUNTHER needs to keep the title to Mania and Sheamus comes back around and gets the elusive win.
    I also wouldn’t say no to a Sheamus/Gunther/Strowman triple threat.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put Ricochet in there for a style contrast and make it a fourway.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also good to see that McAfee's enthusiasm stuck on Cole despite McAfee taking a break. Cole was standing up near the end of the main event, so he was gassed up for the finish.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was nice seeing Emma on Smackdown. I definitely think she's someone who I hope in 2023 sees some gold.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gable Stevenson finally makes it to TV. Probably a one-off appearance for Angle but wouldn’t say no to him managing Steveson full time.

Nice mod to milkamania too.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Ronda Rousey is terrible and needs to go away.

Gable Steveson better be one hell of a worker, because he has zero personality/charisma. Braun Strowman is not a talker by any stretch, but when he looks miles better than you in a backstage segment, you have some serious work to do. Yikes…

Why they paired Knight with Wyatt at the start confounds me; Knight needs wins to start, work his way through the myriad of company curtainjerkers. Dude can talk, for sure.

New Day with the NXT tag titles would do a world of good for that brand.

Who’s going to be the ones (pun intended) to ultimately dethrone the Usos? Imperium at Mania?

A rare Kurt Angle appearance, in his hometown nonetheless, and you don’t even let him speak? Not cool.

Not sure if that’s just how Solo is, but his mannerisms are curious to me. Last night especially, he seemingly wanted no part of the Usos shenanigans. Does he turn on The Bloodline and start his singles career as a face?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gable Steveson better be one hell of a worker, because he has zero personality/charisma. Braun Strowman is not a talker by any stretch, but when he looks miles better than you in a backstage segment, you have some serious work to do. Yikes…

Why they paired Knight with Wyatt at the start confounds me; Knight needs wins to start, work his way through the myriad of company curtainjerkers. Dude can talk, for sure.

Not sure if that’s just how Solo is, but his mannerisms are curious to me. Last night especially, he seemingly wanted no part of the Usos shenanigans. Does he turn on The Bloodline and start his singles career as a face?
    Usage remains to be seen for Stevenson going forward. Not that it matters, he was slotted to be with Raw when they officially announced him. He's either sandbagging right now or there's a lot of work to be done with him (based on the very small glimpses we've seen). If he's like his brother, he'll be more than fine. If not, yikers.

Knight doesn't need wins right now. He just needs to be on TV and re-establish himself. For most of this audience, they saw him as a goofy modeling agent. I'd say he's doing quite well compared to where he was. On top of that, he's in the orbit of one of the hottest acts in the company. Again, not really a problem in my eyes. Now if he falls on his face after that, we'll talk. I doubt that's happening though.

You need diversity with The Bloodline. Most of the group is loud, vibrant, and enthusiastic. He's not. They've said he's the enforcer and the heavy of the group. It doesn't necessarily work if he's dancing and yeetin' like The Usos and Zayn. He literally channeled Umaga on Monday by obliterating Riddle. It doesn't work if he's doing that and sending a very distinct message (as he has been since he's been on the main roster) to just be acting like those three.

Jey was alluding to a big moment for Zayn on Friday with Reigns. We're still in a lull until the Rumble build, they're in a hot city, do we see him become a full-blown Uso?

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could also happen the other way and they turn end up turning on him saying they were stringing him along the whole time and that he wasn’t and never will be “family”. Maybe write him off for a while with kayfabe injury but then comes back for revenge. Eventually make up with Owens perhaps though that can take build and time rather than instant forgiveness.

Either way, I’m sure the segment will deliver and the fans will be hot.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    That Ricochet/Gunther match was amazing, hope this ends with Ricochet getting the strap as Gunther moves up the ladder.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A hot crowd like that will make a match like Ricochet/Gunther seem even better. I think I still want Seamus to take Gunther's belt, but Ricochet proved again how terrific he is in the ring when given time. Gunther is a beast. The fact that he is apparently moving along to Strowman is intriguing, but I am beginning to think Gunther can carry even Strowman to a great story. Strowman has never been a wonderful worker, but when they use him properly, in shorter matches where his flaws are not exposed, it can be fun.

I think they had made a mistake when it was announced earlier that Cena was coming Smackdown on 12/30 - Cole told everyone on the McAfee show, so there must have been other announcements. Then having Heyman tell Pearce that Roman and Sami will fight Owens and whoever he can get to tag with him. on 12/30, made it obvious that Cena was going to be his partner.

Top Dollar is over, but he is terrible in the ring. The #1 contenders' tag match was a shit show.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t know what was funnier about that Top Dolla botch dive. The botch itself or the fact that the wrestlers still sold the move anyway.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The segment with Wyatt, Knight and Howdy lingered just a tad too long at the end but I thought the overall segment was good, particularly from a production standpoint. It's clear Knight isn't going to come out ahead at the end of this feud, but he's doing a very good job presenting what his new (to many new viewers) character is and getting himself over to the audience.

Xia loosely being affiliated with Damage CTRL feels like a known move by creative to try to add some sizzle to a cold group but I don't think she's the type of talent that's going to fit the bill. Last we saw Xia was a random segment a few weeks ago with Emma that went nowhere.

Everyone with a pulse was saying that Ricochet was floundering prior to the IC title reign and after, so it's been good to see him shine over the last few weeks. Now we have to see what will happen to him after he probably falls out of the main cycle.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool detail I hadn't seen mentioned anywhere but I just saw a video that pointed out Bray Wyatt was in the background backstage a couple of times in the past couple weeks arguing with someone just out of frame.

Hoping Xia assisting Damage CTRL means she'll get something more consistent going for her. She got called up and hyped with those hero packages, appeared maybe three times, then randomly turned heel and just pops up on occasion now. Hopefully this time the creative plan sticks.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the Cena surprise was slick. I had a feeling they would somehow figure a way to get him a match even if it was just someone coming out and doing the job to him in a few seconds like one of the models. This is a 1,000x better. We've seen some pretty cool team ups lately: KO/Riddle, KO/Cena, Sheamus/Butch.

Sorry 3pup but nobody is over in Hit Row. Even when Swerve was leading them I never felt like they were getting anywhere just yet. Top Dolla is whack. Using the villain from Crow as his ring name and just being terrible. Adonis and B-Fab could do something but even Adonis is pretty bland.

Gunther/Ricochet was fire. Does anyone hate how the ring announcer says Gunther and Solo? I want to punch the tv. Great match though. I like the set up for Gunther v. Strowman. Smackdown's top tier is pretty awesome.

Loved the stuff with Fiend/Knight/Howdy. Howdy looked like Warwick Davis which would be incredible. It would also tell me someone has been watching Paul London's stable in Lucha Underground if that dude was a little person.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the Cena surprise was slick. I had a feeling they would somehow figure a way to get him a match even if it was just someone coming out and doing the job to him in a few seconds like one of the models. This is a 1,000x better. We've seen some pretty cool team ups lately: KO/Riddle, KO/Cena, Sheamus/Butch.

Sorry 3pup but nobody is over in Hit Row. Even when Swerve was leading them I never felt like they were getting anywhere just yet. Top Dolla is whack. Using the villain from Crow as his ring name and just being terrible. Adonis and B-Fab could do something but even Adonis is pretty bland.

Gunther/Ricochet was fire. Does anyone hate how the ring announcer says Gunther and Solo? I want to punch the tv. Great match though. I like the set up for Gunther v. Strowman. Smackdown's top tier is pretty awesome.

Loved the stuff with Fiend/Knight/Howdy. Howdy looked like Warwick Davis which would be incredible. It would also tell me someone has been watching Paul London's stable in Lucha Underground if that dude was a little person.
    Swerve was the filling in the Oreo Cookie that was Hit Row. Top Dolla looked great when showcased properly like when he was slamming two/three guys but stuff like that botch…eeewww.

Gonna struggle to get more over after that. B-Fab though has the look nowhere near ready in the ring. Fair play to HHH giving them a second chance but once the Usos put them to the sword, not sure or will have to work themselves reeeealllyyy hard to get back to credibility.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got way too small of a sample of Hit Row on the main roster originally so there's no way to assess how they were going to do, but I think they were a really good group in NXT. Swerve is definitely a major missing ingredient to help create a notable ceiling for the group. B-Fab isn't going to wrestle and if she does it's going to be gross, so that just makes this a tag group. It doesn't feel like it's going to click.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just think that they were called up too soon and none of it was ever going to work imo. It feels like they took 4 black folks and stuck them together, told them to pretend to be "Da Band" from MTV and here we are. It's easy I guess to say Swerve was a missing ingredient but I disagree as I think Swerve is pretty mid. They should've returned to NXT. PS-their finisher is horrendous.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just think that they were called up too soon and none of it was ever going to work imo. It feels like they took 4 black folks and stuck them together, told them to pretend to be "Da Band" from MTV and here we are. It's easy I guess to say Swerve was a missing ingredient but I disagree as I think Swerve is pretty mid. They should've returned to NXT. PS-their finisher is horrendous.
    Kinda agree and disagree at the same time with this.

You look at Thuganomics Cena, Usos, Acclaimed, Profits etc, fans can eat this up even if the gimmick has been repeated a bit. Hit Row possibly could’ve used a bit more seasoning but Swerve was definitely the stand-out. Bringing them back before others at the time? Perhaps one or two could’ve got preference but Swerve was killing it for them at the time.

I think if they gave them another run in NXT to succeed without Swerve to see if they can hang without Swerve and polish them up rather than call them straight back up might have been a better call.

Definitely with you on the finisher though as that is shit row (pun very much intended).

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kinda agree and disagree at the same time with this.

You look at Thuganomics Cena, Usos, Acclaimed, Profits etc, fans can eat this up even if the gimmick has been repeated a bit. Hit Row possibly could’ve used a bit more seasoning but Swerve was definitely the stand-out. Bringing them back before others at the time? Perhaps one or two could’ve got preference but Swerve was killing it for them at the time.

I think if they gave them another run in NXT to succeed without Swerve to see if they can hang without Swerve and polish them up rather than call them straight back up might have been a better call.

Definitely with you on the finisher though as that is shit row (pun very much intended).
    You mention the gimmicks that are slightly similar that worked but left out the ones that didn't (Men On A Mission, PN News, Slam Master J) I'll be honest, not sure how the Usos and Profits fit into that comparison.

Swerve was the standout because he was the most seasoned. Adonis has only been wrestling for 2-3 years I think, the other 2 were off the streets and in the PC.

I agree, see if they could swim without Swerve and then call them up. I still feel like the original call up was too soon. They were just starting to establish themselves in NXT and then boom, on the main, a week later they gone.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mention the gimmicks that are slightly similar that worked but left out the ones that didn't (Men On A Mission, PN News, Slam Master J) I'll be honest, not sure how the Usos and Profits fit into that comparison.

Swerve was the standout because he was the most seasoned. Adonis has only been wrestling for 2-3 years I think, the other 2 were off the streets and in the PC.

I agree, see if they could swim without Swerve and then call them up. I still feel like the original call up was too soon. They were just starting to establish themselves in NXT and then boom, on the main, a week later they gone.
    Sorry I didn’t fit every gimmick type of that in and can see your point.

I was trying to get at that it’s not always creative’s fault that they get “Da Band” gimmick in for certainly because while not the best, it’s what you can do with it.