Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,900 of 2650

Thread: The Official Friday Night Smackdown Thread

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like what they're doing with Zayn and I'm really interested where this goes. Does he continue playing the role of stooge for the Bloodline or is this going to end up as a face turn?

Maximum Male Models not making the show last night wasn't disappointing. I think they need a cool down once in a while if they're not being put in matches yet.

Good stuff with puttiing Kaiser out there to take the L that gives Gunther future matchups. Wondering how long this goes before either Kaiser turns, or just keeps taking massive Gunther chops and shows his loyalty.

At first I mistakenly thought Kross's music was that of Lars Sullivan instead. Good to see him back and right in the mix. A refreshing return with him not looking like the flea market version of Demolition.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AudioDynamite View Post
    Oh look, from "You deserve it" one week to "You tapped out" and boos the next for Liv.
    Let me guess, you've been down since the NXT battle royal she was in and now everyone but you hates Liv?

Typical wrestling fans who watch WWE. Someone achieves the goal the fans want and within a month they hate it lol. Sometimes you have to wonder is it the booking or a lot of fans who watch wrestling that are truly fickle.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Let me guess, you've been down since the NXT battle royal she was in and now everyone but you hates Liv?

Typical wrestling fans who watch WWE. Someone achieves the goal the fans want and within a month they hate it lol. Sometimes you have to wonder is it the booking or a lot of fans who watch wrestling that are truly fickle.
    I think if they had reversed things a bit and had Liv tap out just barely after the pin, then that could’ve helped in reducing backlash. As it was, her promo defense inadvertently came out heelish.
    Last edited by Badger; August 7th, 2022 at 8:42 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I think if they had reversed things a bit and had Liv tap out just barely after the pin, then that could’ve helped in reducing backlash. As it was, her promo defense inadvertently came out heelish.
    I mean it's not like Ronda is beloved by this audience. So I don't think that finish has anything to do with the backlash. I think it has to do with certain fans hopping off the Liv Train because she accomplished what they wanted. These fans cheered on a jobber just to fuck the system a little. Just like Zack Ryder. He wasn't that good he was/is very average but because he was a lower card guy people were blowing up for him. Some people just belong in the midcard. Liv is no different. Promos are weak, moves are basic, she's super hot and that's where it literally ends.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean it's not like Ronda is beloved by this audience. So I don't think that finish has anything to do with the backlash. I think it has to do with certain fans hopping off the Liv Train because she accomplished what they wanted. These fans cheered on a jobber just to fuck the system a little. Just like Zack Ryder. He wasn't that good he was/is very average but because he was a lower card guy people were blowing up for him. Some people just belong in the midcard. Liv is no different. Promos are weak, moves are basic, she's super hot and that's where it literally ends.
    It didn’t help though. Opinions of Liv’s actual abilities aside, they could’ve had her win clean but luckily. Instead she’s possibly come off a bit heelish at least to that crowd anyway.

I also think it depends on if crowds are going to be consistent towards booing her.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Personally I think her promo did turn the audience on her as she lied compared to what actually happen. I believe she said she only tapped after she thought she had the 3 count when the replay clearly shows she was tapping at 2. I mean on that reflection you have your supposed underdog baby face trying to misdirect what actually happened. They want to keep her being the aww shucks baby face she should have simply said she watched the footage, she did tap out, the ref blew the call and Ronda deserves a rematch. The way it stands now she is bending the truth to try and save a little bit of face which she clearly didn't need to do.

Also, the crowd could be booing her because she's just not that great and definitely not ready to carry the smackdown side of the women's division.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never got the love for Liv, her whole gimmick is she works hard. If she works hard what are the rest of the women doing? Coasting? And being better performers than her. It reminds me of when Tamina won the tag titles and people on social media were like “she deserves it” again why? She’s one of the worst wrestlers I’ve ever seen and hasn’t improved at all in over 10 years.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I never got the love for Liv, her whole gimmick is she works hard. If she works hard what are the rest of the women doing? Coasting? And being better performers than her. It reminds me of when Tamina won the tag titles and people on social media were like “she deserves it” again why? She’s one of the worst wrestlers I’ve ever seen and hasn’t improved at all in over 10 years.
    While they may have overplayed the emotion a bit on her winning the title and while not flashy, she’s a damned sight better than Tamina in the ring.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While they may have overplayed the emotion a bit on her winning the title and while not flashy, she’s a damned sight better than Tamina in the ring.
    I agree, Tamina is the worst. I was just comparing their title wins not their ability to wrestle.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liv was showing a lot of promise when she was tagging w/ Ruby and in some matches she actually carried things. But now... her wrestling just isn't there still. With how long she's been at it, she should be mechanically sound. Cool that she's champion, but I still think she's still miles behind where she should be.

I agree, Tamina is the worst.
    Bottom line every time.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, Tamina is the worst. I was just comparing their title wins not their ability to wrestle.
    Tamina’s tag title win and ensuing reign was so “meh” it barely registered with me.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    Personally I think her promo did turn the audience on her as she lied compared to what actually happen. I believe she said she only tapped after she thought she had the 3 count when the replay clearly shows she was tapping at 2. I mean on that reflection you have your supposed underdog baby face trying to misdirect what actually happened. They want to keep her being the aww shucks baby face she should have simply said she watched the footage, she did tap out, the ref blew the call and Ronda deserves a rematch. The way it stands now she is bending the truth to try and save a little bit of face which she clearly didn't need to do.
    As one of the biggest Liv Morgan marks on this forum, I agree with the above.

Liv, while having improved considerably in-ring over the past year plus, is still the perky babyface who needs the workhorse heel to beat the shit out of her prior to the underdog comeback. At “Clash”, hopefully Shayna puts Liv through the ringer for 10+ minutes before Morgan pulls off the heroic victory.

As pumped as I am to see Bayley back, I feel like she’s up against the wrong champion; Bianca is capable enough, both in-ring and on the mic, that she doesn’t really need the rub. An extended program with heel Bayley would have done wonders for Liv as both an entertainer and champion; right now we’re asking Liv to carry feuds with workers who are on her tier and she’s not quite ready for that.

If we’re going to keep Bayley (and crew) tied up with Bianca on RAW, I feel like the only next logical option is Mrs. Andrade Oropeza. If heel Charlotte can elevate Liv over a couple of PPV events (lose the first one before taking the rematch and title), that would be huge for Morgan’s career.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope they bail on Liv’s title reign, she just isnt very good. She has been wrestling much longer than Rousey and yet every Rousey match has been better than Liv’s. She got her charity win at MITB now that’s put the title on someone who’s actually good in the ring.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I hope they bail on Liv’s title reign, she just isnt very good. She has been wrestling much longer than Rousey and yet every Rousey match has been better than Liv’s. She got her charity win at MITB now that’s put the title on someone who’s actually good in the ring.
    Tough (and unrealistic) crowd.

Ronda, who essentially grew up in/around combat sports, has transitioned to the sports entertainment world faster than Liv, who has had 5-6 meaningful singles matches during the entirety of her career? You don’t say. One is a legit combat sport badass, the other is a former cheerleader/Hooters waitress.

Don’t discredit Liv like that, she’s come a very long way in the past year and a half.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Liv Morgan is awesome.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liv.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one thing we also have to remember is a lot of times the MITB cash in doesn't always translate into a great title reign. Especially that first World title reign. Edge, CM Punk, Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler ( I don't count that weird DQ title win). Edge and Punk for sure had better runs as champion later on. So Liv could just be a victim of that where she gets her "charity win" as dude put it and now what?

Personally I'd rather Ronda turn heel and her and Shayna go after the tag titles-if they come back.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Liv.

Jesus Sam looks like shit.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Tough (and unrealistic) crowd.

Ronda, who essentially grew up in/around combat sports, has transitioned to the sports entertainment world faster than Liv, who has had 5-6 meaningful singles matches during the entirety of her career? You don’t say. One is a legit combat sport badass, the other is a former cheerleader/Hooters waitress.

Don’t discredit Liv like that, she’s come a very long way in the past year and a half.
    Liv has put the reps in and should be a lot better than she is now. She's come a long way in the past year or so but she's been wrestling for a very long time. Ultimate Warrior was in plenty of meaningful matches, he still sucked. Kurt Angle has been in a million throwaway matches, god tier great.

Ronda matches having more importance means nothing imo.

I definitely think the crowd plays into it but I'm still dying on the hill that she accomplished what the crowd wanted and now some fans are going to do what they do and that's shit on success.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liv has put the reps in and should be a lot better than she is now. She's come a long way in the past year or so but she's been wrestling for a very long time. Ultimate Warrior was in plenty of meaningful matches, he still sucked. Kurt Angle has been in a million throwaway matches, god tier great.

Ronda matches having more importance means nothing imo.

I definitely think the crowd plays into it but I'm still dying on the hill that she accomplished what the crowd wanted and now some fans are going to do what they do and that's shit on success.
    You're really spot on w/ Liv. She debuted in 2015... 7 years ago, and it took her forever to find a stride. It was definitely the crowd that elevated her to higher degrees than her skill dictated.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is SD on a different title?

Edit

I just realized its Thursday… SMH
    Last edited by Tim; August 11th, 2022 at 8:56 PM.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just clocked on FB that Hit Row is back.

Fucking yeeeessss!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought there would be more KK.

Don’t care for Hit Row they remind me of men on a mission. I liked the big guy better on WWE most wanted treasures.

They probably should bail on Ronda as a heel since she’s much more over than Liv but I was surprised to see her. Ronda and Shayna would be the perfect team to add credibility to the women’s tag titles.

Finally they realized you cant have a modeling agency without Humberto who was looking even better than normal tonight. Still a dumb gimmick.

Generic Babyface 1 Moss returned to get some rub off of Drew. I am not sure if he worse as a heel or face.

I like the attention they have been giving to the 2 midcard titles as of late, now is the perfect time since Roman only works part time.

Overall it was ok.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can sorta see the MOM comparison if a tad harsh IMO. These guys can work and talk. Top Dog more versatile than Mabel and was one of my personal NXT highlights him just carrying/wrecking 2-3 people at a time. B-Fab decent look and maybe more seasoned. No Swerve which I can get skepticism but they just came back plus Hunter in charge now may have a plan. Tag and women’s division opened up a bit.

Intrigued to see how this is further handled. They may have been training further for all we know and Hunter wouldn’t just recall them on a whim.

Let’s at least wait and see.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thoughts on Smackdown -

1. Raquel is OVER for someone who has had so little TV time. The tag match was typical men's length for a TV tag match but once Raquel got the hot tag, it was the best she's looked. These ladies have worked together a lot, and they took advantage of the time they got.

2. Kross somehow seemed nervous getting his backstage promo before Drew went out. But he got the task done - explained a little of who he is and what he plans.

3. I like Sami's backstage story as an honorary Bloodline member, and I like how the Uso's are working with him, Not sure where it will lead, but I wouldn't mind the Uso's turning on Sami, leading to Sami reaching out for an old friend to help him.

4. I liked Pat McAfee's chalk screen giving the local jobbers an extra moment. I am not opposed to Hit Row, but I thought they had 4 members.

5. Nice to see credit / respect / RIP to Gene Labell.

6. Best part of the contract signing was Rousey telling Baszler she used to be a killer. If I was in the crowd, I probably would have chanted along with the "You tapped out" to Liv. The segment worked to get heel heat on Shayna, but there's only so far Liv can go as a plucky underdog, and the fans may be ready to shit on her gimmick. Plucky underdog wins a title is a tried and true story done ever since biblical David, but nobody expects/wants a long live Liv title reign.

7. Glad to see Ricochet getting TV time again, and I am not adverse to him mixing it up with Corbin.

8. Really enjoyed the main event - especially the build all night long for it, and these two delivered. Fans appropriately gave them a "This is awesome" chant which we don't get for TV title matches too often.

7. I figured Madcap would get a rub from Drew because the Usos have been booked so dominant.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Psst. Heard a rumour that the one of the Hit Row members swerved off the road and crashed into another wrestling fed but yeah just a rumour. Hopefully more details come to light and they are okay.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought there would be more KK.

Don’t care for Hit Row they remind me of men on a mission. I liked the big guy better on WWE most wanted treasures.

They probably should bail on Ronda as a heel since she’s much more over than Liv but I was surprised to see her. Ronda and Shayna would be the perfect team to add credibility to the women’s tag titles.

Finally they realized you cant have a modeling agency without Humberto who was looking even better than normal tonight. Still a dumb gimmick.

Generic Babyface 1 Moss returned to get some rub off of Drew. I am not sure if he worse as a heel or face.

I like the attention they have been giving to the 2 midcard titles as of late, now is the perfect time since Roman only works part time.

Overall it was ok.
    I mean, that finish at SS did that. Liv's MITB win over Ronda was one of the loudest pops of the night and she had tons of momentum following that into SS. That stupid finish at SS, added with tonight's segment, just makes Ronda look like a cool badass, and makes Liv look like a delusional face. The crowd was solidly behind both women leading into SS, but they screwed up Liv's momentum with that finish.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I am not opposed to Hit Row, but I thought they had 4 members.
    oh god, i wish.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wish Swerve and Lee waited. HHH would have pushed them yo the moon.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good episode. Good to see Hit Row back on TV. Hit Row without Swerve is not the same thing as NWO without Hall, Hogan or Nash in it. I'd be curious to see if Hayes and Williams get involved with Hit Row, to join or feud eventually.

Gunther as IC champ has been good for TV. He doesn't have much of a personality but helps having Kaiser alongside him as hype man or fall guy.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Can sorta see the MOM comparison if a tad harsh IMO. These guys can work and talk. Top Dog more versatile than Mabel and was one of my personal NXT highlights him just carrying/wrecking 2-3 people at a time. B-Fab decent look and maybe more seasoned. No Swerve which I can get skepticism but they just came back plus Hunter in charge now may have a plan. Tag and women’s division opened up a bit.

Intrigued to see how this is further handled. They may have been training further for all we know and Hunter wouldn’t just recall them on a whim.

Let’s at least wait and see.
    Top Dog lmao

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy that the abridged Hit Row is back. Shame Scott's locked in with AEW but these three all still have their upsides and freshen up the scene.

Happy MMM seem to finally be starting a program of some sort.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The Shinsuke/Gunther match was amazing.

I’m not overly familiar with Walter’s work but he looks legit, I could see him with one of the big belts sooner rather than later. Give me a little bit more time and I’d be tempted to put him on the shortlist of workers who could stop Roman’s streak.

Speaking of title belts, is Hit Row going to be the team that finally stops the Usos?
    Last edited by Tyson; August 13th, 2022 at 6:21 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jey Uso’s sell of the Futureshock DDT: Beautiful.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wyndorf View Post
    Wish Swerve and Lee waited. HHH would have pushed them yo the moon.
    wish they did, too. then i wouldn't need to ever see them.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Roman Reigns’ act is still over as fuck; his facial reactions are gold and he honestly believes every word he says. The crowd hasn’t turned on him yet, if anything they’re increasingly cheering for him. Cannot wait to see how/when they introduce The Rock for the WrestleMania match, that’s going to be epic.

Fantasy booking time. Roman holds both belts until the Mania match, Dwayne does the job. The next night on Raw, Roman voluntary relinquishes both belts, stating he’s beat everyone and there’s nobody left. Separate tournaments on each brand, sixteen different superstars, to decide the two new champions; you can milk that for a couple months. Roman goes full Brock-mode, showing up a handful of times a year at the big money events.

Paul, hit me up and I’ll let you know where to send my paycheque and booker contract.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah. If the reign doesn't end with Roman losing clean as a sheet, either this coming 'Mania or even at 40, they need their heads testing. If Drew was the hot hand I'd say do it in Cardiff, but it'd just be for the pop and would be regretted within a month. I'd give Cody the Rumble return win and the title at 'Mania and see what happens.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Was Kross on smackdown?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MMM feuding with Hit Row is an upgrade from feuding with Los Lotharios. Seems like they're setting up some conflict between the Dupri siblings. Shame B-Fab's verse kind of fell apart in the Hit Row performance.

Was Kross on smackdown?
    Not in person, just in a promo video.
    Last edited by mth; August 20th, 2022 at 10:07 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things might not burn for a long time, but a union of KO and Zayn would burn bright as a tag team to tackle The Usos. The locker room segment between Reigns and Zayn was so damn good.

Toxic didn’t seem too out of their element in their match.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roman Reigns’ act is still over as fuck; his facial reactions are gold and he honestly believes every word he says. The crowd hasn’t turned on him yet, if anything they’re increasingly cheering for him. Cannot wait to see how/when they introduce The Rock for the WrestleMania match, that’s going to be epic.

Fantasy booking time. Roman holds both belts until the Mania match, Dwayne does the job. The next night on Raw, Roman voluntary relinquishes both belts, stating he’s beat everyone and there’s nobody left. Separate tournaments on each brand, sixteen different superstars, to decide the two new champions; you can milk that for a couple months. Roman goes full Brock-mode, showing up a handful of times a year at the big money events.

Paul, hit me up and I’ll let you know where to send my paycheque and booker contract.
    This is why the only Canadian Vince ever trusted was from Montreal.

The only thing worse than what you suggested is if Roman gets hurt. Remember when Cena had that year+ reign and wound up getting hurt on Raw prior to a ppv? Then we had to sit through what, 3-4 matches of Triple H v. Orton lol.

Roman has to lose and he has to lose as clean as possible. He's on such a higher level that he can take a clean L. Just like Hogan took a clean submission loss to Luger, just like he took a clean pinfall loss to Goldberg and Warrior at the respective peaks of his career as Hollywood and Immortal. It did nothing to him.

What I want to know is, are they going to just have one champion moving forward or will they split the belts up again? We're seeing a lot of crossover lately but it does seem like the US and IC champs have stayed put. Smart move.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know if it's her first time, but it was cool seeing Gigi on the main roster. Nitpick, I've never liked the name Toxic Attraction... I wish they were just called Toxic.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be sill for someone not to get the rub of ending Romans 700+ day run. I hope it’s sooner than later. I still like his character and presence but I’m tired of him holding both titles and only working part time.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I hope roman surpasses Bruno

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curious how you could book Roman losing one of the titles. Who just wants 1 of the belts? They're unified as well. The simplest way I could see it happening is if 2 people wanted a shot at him and Roman was somehow forced to wrestle twice in one night, defending each belt. That would be cool. That's basically how they got the WWE and ECW titles off RVD. Defended them one night after the other doing the j-o-b.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could have him wrestle a multi-person match with 2 falls - first fall is for one title, second is for the other. Let him win the first pin but not be part of the second pin. His long reign continues, but someone else also gets a title

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could have him wrestle a multi-person match with 2 falls - first fall is for one title, second is for the other. Let him win the first pin but not be part of the second pin. His long reign continues, but someone else also gets a title
    Ah yeah like Angle/Benoit/Jericho at Mania. Angle was dual champ and lost both belts in a great match. These would be the best 2 options.

He would have to keep the Universal to continue his legendary reign. If he keeps the WWE title it's only a 4 month reign so far.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope roman surpasses Bruno
    He would have to lose the Universal and run with the WWE title as that's the one linked to Bruno's reign. Right now he's just the longest reigning Universal champ of all time.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Corbin busted out some new stuff in that match with Ricochet. Those two work together really well.

Pretty effective segment between GUNTHER and Sheamus. The intensity shown off between the two of them was quite palpable. Those two are going to destroy each other and it’s going to be a must-see match.

Bayley and Cole were really playing off the fact they can easily agitate each other.

Extremely solid video package for McIntyre, chronicling his rise and redemption. BT Sport has another good one with him, and it’d be a shame if WWE doesn’t use that in some form or fashion next week. Another week, another week where Reigns and Zayn display their chemistry. Looks like Zayn nearly broke Jey with the dancing and Reigns was close. The match was fine but the beatdown of McIntyre was much better. Two good weeks of closing shots with each guy one-upping the other.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Thought smackdown was pretty good. highlights as follows

Think I could watch imperium and brawling brutes in some sort of mishmash every week tbh. Although them cutting to a commercial break right before Sheamus and Gunther got into it the first time was not only idiotic but somehow made even more fucking asinine when they came back and neither of them was in the ring. Gunther should have taunted Sheamus and then tagged out before the break hit. Regardless it was a cliff hanger either way but I didn't like their execution. I also think the brutes should have gotten the win.

Why are they trying to get Raquel's ass over so hard? I swear they are pushing her ass more than her power. Her ass isn't even close to the best ass on the show. I also thought they were insinuating aliyah as a constant weak link that Raquel had to save the day all the time. Seemed they forgot that here.

Very happy with them giving Sonya a bit of a rub tonight. Sure it got wiped by Ronda moments later but nice to hopefully start a build that Sonya can be a bad ass to. Perhaps Sonya, ronda and Shayna can become a dominant trio.

I still don't care much about hit row. I see the potential I just haven't seen the actual shine to care much yet. I'm guess we get a prophets heel turn at some point where they get fed to hit row which splits them up? Also guessing hit row will be the ones taking the titles from the usos.

Sami rules the roost as usual.

Braun powerbombed Otis the best he could.

I didn't realize the youngest uso had so much girth on him. Dude gains 200 lbs he could be the next Yokozuna.

For some reason I want scarlett to interfere in cross' matches by delivering a kiss to the lips with cross choking them out and the opponent immediately passing out. Later is revealed scarlett has some sort of toxin on her lips that paralyzes the opponent.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Zayn & Bloodline thing is really great. I think it's going to end up with Zayn & Owens going for the tag titles after they dump Sami from the group. Two out of three Usos looked like they wanted nothing to do with Sami last night, that was done really well. He reminds me a lot like Damien Sandow doinghis stunt double of the Miz stuff years back.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The Paul Levesque regime has had few, if any, missteps during its brief reign.

That said, I feel it was a missed opportunity not having Braun show up during the Drew/Bloodline match, the Strowman/Alpha Academy interaction was pretty underwhelming. If I was trying to establish the returning big man as the #2 face on the blue brand, I have him help out the #1 face who’s severely outnumbered by the top heel faction since Evolution rather than dominating a midcard comedy act.

Not sure I’d have thrown Karrion in the deep end against Drew this early either. For a company that needs to build up credible contenders to stop Roman’s reign, pun intended, you’re effectively cutting off the loser (read: Karrion) before they even get started. Have Kross start low, pick his way through the under/midcard a la Walter, hopefully by Mania season he’s been completely rebuilt from the Vince era Karrion Kross.

Regarding Walter, are we considering him a heel or a face?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no Walter, there is only GUNTHER.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know yet who the heels are here. I would lean towards Imperium but wouldn't know until I see them match up a little more in coming weeks. Vinci is so smooth in the ring, I'm happy they moved him up even though in NXT he was doing fine on his own. Good move to not keep him there longterm with the new character.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by NeseToTheFace View Post
    I don't know yet who the heels are here. I would lean towards Imperium but wouldn't know until I see them match up a little more in coming weeks. Vinci is so smooth in the ring, I'm happy they moved him up even though in NXT he was doing fine on his own. Good move to not keep him there longterm with the new character.
    Say what? Sheamus and crew turned face at the castle.

Also Liv Morgan high up in a box living large was such a shitty look for her. Came off pompous as fuck. Get the title off of her.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In terms of match quality, Sheamus has to be the most underrated performer on the main roster over the last two-plus years. Everyone knows he has good matches but I think they forget the pool of matches to go off of. This guy has been on an absolute roll.

Why are they trying to get Raquel's ass over so hard? I swear they are pushing her ass more than her power. Her ass isn't even close to the best ass on the show. I also thought they were insinuating aliyah as a constant weak link that Raquel had to save the day all the time. Seemed they forgot that here.
    It's her back and shoulders they are advertising, as they did in NXT. You, and Aliyah, are just focusing on something else lol. One match (barely, because they still told that story mostly) really shouldn't make you lose sight of the plot they're telling here. This is certainly setting up for them to defend and lose, and then Raquel snaps on Aliyah. You get a new feud and you work to heat Raquel up as a heel. That feels like that easiest path to success for her. Despite Smackdown actually have a healthy amount of heels, none of them really seem to have a lot of steam behind them, which creates a path for her.

The stuff with MMM looked good but it doesn't look like it is taking with the audience. The zoom in after the dual pose was a great bit of production assistance to help get them over. The social media clip after the show certainly raised an eyebrow, as it showed Max Dupri having an awakening of sorts as he caught himself using "night" in a reference, then saying his "yeah" as he walked off. There's not a lot of time available weekly, but LA Knight (in peak NXT form) would be quite a curious transformation in terms of fitting in.

I thought Strowman had a flub on Monday when he said it but I guess the moniker really is Monster of All Monsters. The running powerslam worked previously as a finisher but I dig that powerbomb and it got over early with Strowman doing it to Otis.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    In terms of match quality, Sheamus has to be the most underrated performer on the main roster over the last two-plus years. Everyone knows he has good matches but I think they forget the pool of matches to go off of. This guy has been on an absolute roll.

It's her back and shoulders they are advertising, as they did in NXT. You, and Aliyah, are just focusing on something else lol. One match (barely, because they still told that story mostly) really shouldn't make you lose sight of the plot they're telling here. This is certainly setting up for them to defend and lose, and then Raquel snaps on Aliyah. You get a new feud and you work to heat Raquel up as a heel. That feels like that easiest path to success for her. Despite Smackdown actually have a healthy amount of heels, none of them really seem to have a lot of steam behind them, which creates a path for her.

The stuff with MMM looked good but it doesn't look like it is taking with the audience. The zoom in after the dual pose was a great bit of production assistance to help get them over. The social media clip after the show certainly raised an eyebrow, as it showed Max Dupri having an awakening of sorts as he caught himself using "night" in a reference, then saying his "yeah" as he walked off. There's not a lot of time available weekly, but LA Knight (in peak NXT form) would be quite a curious transformation in terms of fitting in.

I thought Strowman had a flub on Monday when he said it but I guess the moniker really is Monster of All Monsters. The running powerslam worked previously as a finisher but I dig that powerbomb and it got over early with Strowman doing it to Otis.
    Personally the backwards title belt says different to me. If they were really focusing on her back and shoulders they wouldn't put something that gravitates your eyes away from her back and shoulders.

I don't really ever watch nxt so she's relatively new to me.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally the backwards title belt says different to me. If they were really focusing on her back and shoulders they wouldn't put something that gravitates your eyes away from her back and shoulders.

I don't really ever watch nxt so she's relatively new to me.
    The primary/initial closeup shot frames her back and shoulders as the focus. *shrugs*

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if it's there on the main roster, but her back/shoulders pose was literally in her NXT tron graphics. She wore belts backwards in NXT, as well, and it was 'cuz she's showing off her back muscles.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Say what? Sheamus and crew turned face at the castle.

Also Liv Morgan high up in a box living large was such a shitty look for her. Came off pompous as fuck. Get the title off of her.
    I truly don't understand how WWE screwed up Liv Morgan. She was getting "you deserve it" chants at 2021 MITB. She was the hottest thing in professional wrestling MITB 2022 weekend. Like, the entire wrestling industry was congratulating this young woman. And yeah, her baby face promos leading up to SS were generic because WWE sucks at writing promos for their baby faces AND because Liv has work to do when it comes to mic work. But that finish at SS just obliterated Liv's momentum. I don't think I will ever understand what they were trying to do with that. All they had to do was have her pin Ronda exactly as she was WITHOUT TAPPING and it still would have been an upset, Ronda would have lost fair and square, and would have gotten heat for beating up Liv. Instead, Ronda is kind of justified for being pissed and it made Liv look like a chicken shit heel, except WWE is still trying to push her as a babyface, but also after this Friday maybe as a tweener? I don't know.

Liv was never my favorite, but I was buying her Cinderella story that was being played out in all of 2022. SS just ruined her, and it's frustrating to see a natural face get boo'd because of stupid booking.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Not sure if it's there on the main roster, but her back/shoulders pose was literally in her NXT tron graphics. She wore belts backwards in NXT, as well, and it was 'cuz she's showing off her back muscles.
    I mentioned I don't watch nxt so I have no idea about that. I'm just speaking from the point of view as seeing her on smackdown.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mentioned I don't watch nxt so I have no idea about that.
    Now you do.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    No, I still don't watch nxt.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I still don't watch nxt.
    Make no mistake, NXT watches you.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do have to admit that Raquel needs more to her than just showing off her back muscles. Wow....It was dumb in NXT but at least she had more going for her than a pose. The main roster....They've been doing good with her booking imo.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyRocks View Post
    I truly don't understand how WWE screwed up Liv Morgan. She was getting "you deserve it" chants at 2021 MITB. She was the hottest thing in professional wrestling MITB 2022 weekend. Like, the entire wrestling industry was congratulating this young woman. And yeah, her baby face promos leading up to SS were generic because WWE sucks at writing promos for their baby faces AND because Liv has work to do when it comes to mic work. But that finish at SS just obliterated Liv's momentum. I don't think I will ever understand what they were trying to do with that. All they had to do was have her pin Ronda exactly as she was WITHOUT TAPPING and it still would have been an upset, Ronda would have lost fair and square, and would have gotten heat for beating up Liv. Instead, Ronda is kind of justified for being pissed and it made Liv look like a chicken shit heel, except WWE is still trying to push her as a babyface, but also after this Friday maybe as a tweener? I don't know.

Liv was never my favorite, but I was buying her Cinderella story that was being played out in all of 2022. SS just ruined her, and it's frustrating to see a natural face get boo'd because of stupid booking.
    I'll be honest I don't think we can blame booking here. I think it's the fans. I think they just wanted to cheer on a jobber and when she stopped being one, they (fans) stopped caring. She won the title, that's the end of it. Nothing left to cheer when all Liv's character has been since going solo is how much of a jobber she is.

So I don't think her fans wanted to see her make it to the top. They were fine with her being the one they could say "WWE is fucking over Liv look how over she is!" Well...she was over because she never won. Props to WWE for not automatically turning her after that one time she was getting shit on because they realized it was babyface v. babyface. Ronda wasn't a heel, so she was going to have her supporters.

There's a reason nobody was begging for a sequel to Cinderella, why nobody has given a fuck if everything worked out for her after the Prince found who's shoe that belonged to. She probably grew up a big stuck up bitch lol.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went out of my way to watch Walter vs. Dragunov, and was glad I did. When he changed his name to Gunther, and watching his battles against Nakamura and Sheamus, consider me more than just impressed. Gunther tells a great story in the ring, mostly because he makes his stuff look believable. The face pops for Sheamus are sincere appreciation. When the match with Gunther/Imperium was announced vs. Battling Brutes, it was clear to me that Holland was going to get pinned. They weren't going to have Imperium lose in Vinci's debut, and Holland has done nothing since breaking Big E's neck.

I am fine with what they're doing with Raquel.

I get the impression that HHH just doesn't think highly of Liv Morgan. What I find a shame is not just how they botched her run, but even before that, how they killed any momentum that Lacey Evans could have had along the way, when they put Lacey against Liv during Liv's run-up to MITB. They had done a bazillion promos for Lacey as a face, and they were working, but it was too soon for her to be in serious contention for MITB, as we all wanted Liv.

Solo Sikoa looks more like his father than he looks like his brothers. The storytelling with Sami taking the chairshot for him, then the reaction with his brothers backstage, is proceeding perfectly. We don't know where it's going for sure, but they're giving us good stuff in the build to whatever they have planned.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the impression that HHH just doesn't think highly of Liv Morgan. What I find a shame is not just how they botched her run, but even before that, how they killed any momentum that Lacey Evans could have had along the way, when they put Lacey against Liv during Liv's run-up to MITB. They had done a bazillion promos for Lacey as a face, and they were working, but it was too soon for her to be in serious contention for MITB, as we all wanted Liv.
    Strongly disagree that any of Lacey's promos were working. She came out to dead silence when she returned to Smackdown. It was so bad they literally turned her heel a few weeks later. I think you honestly might be the only person including Vince himself that thought the "I'm a military vet I want to show the girls of the world they can do anything!" was working at all. She's a fuckin heel, every time they've tried to make her a babyface it has bombed worse than whatever she dropped on Afghanistan.

Evans can be a top tier player as a heel for sure. I was glad to see her return as she's been gone for 2 months and part of me thinks that's due to how badly her return was. She hasn't been botched as badly as Shotzi Blackheart. Smackdown is a little heavy on the heel side as everyone but Ronda in that match Friday was a heel. You had Shotzi, Evans, and Bazler that's 7 heels just on Smackdown. Damage Control bounces between both shows as well. Toxic Attraction might be a main roster staple for the time being.

I guess it's good to have more heels than faces it keeps the variety going for challenges as both champions are babyfaces.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a reason nobody was begging for a sequel to Cinderella, why nobody has given a fuck if everything worked out for her after the Prince found who's shoe that belonged to. She probably grew up a big stuck up bitch lol.
    You really need to watch "Into the Woods". Prince Charming strayed - he was raised to be Charming, not sincere.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Surely the plan was for Lacey to be a heel all along. Has to be. That said, I'm not convinced and Vince/WWE can be tone deaf, so.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Surely the plan was for Lacey to be a heel all along. Has to be. That said, I'm not convinced and Vince/WWE can be tone deaf, so.
    I think they really wanted her to be a babyface. They tried to turn her face not too long ago. She also did some sort of reality tv and they wanted to capitalize on her being in the military, but I think she just gives off that "I'm a bitch" vibe. It wasn't so much that it was a corny approach, the All-American military mom, as it was the person portraying it. Or maybe we just don't need someone who's gimmick is literally just "I'm a good mom and a veteran"

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do have to admit that Raquel needs more to her than just showing off her back muscles. Wow....It was dumb in NXT but at least she had more going for her than a pose. The main roster....They've been doing good with her booking imo.

I'll be honest I don't think we can blame booking here. I think it's the fans. I think they just wanted to cheer on a jobber and when she stopped being one, they (fans) stopped caring. She won the title, that's the end of it. Nothing left to cheer when all Liv's character has been since going solo is how much of a jobber she is.

So I don't think her fans wanted to see her make it to the top. They were fine with her being the one they could say "WWE is fucking over Liv look how over she is!" Well...she was over because she never won. Props to WWE for not automatically turning her after that one time she was getting shit on because they realized it was babyface v. babyface. Ronda wasn't a heel, so she was going to have her supporters.

This is a take I've never considered, and I think you might be onto something! I still think the booking at SS was garbage, but everything else you said is pretty spot on.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyRocks View Post
    This is a take I've never considered, and I think you might be onto something! I still think the booking at SS was garbage, but everything else you said is pretty spot on.
    I think how they handle the Summerslam finish after the fact was odd. But I wonder if WWE could sense the fans were already starting to turn on her and figured this was a way to protect both, and leave a few different paths available.

With the way creative has changed who knows what was in place. If they had Liv v. Shayna already in place for Castle, maybe Shayna accidentally costing Ronda the match would've been another option. Hard to say.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what's going to happen with Ronda vs. Liv but it wouldn't surprise me if Shayna helps Ronda, while someone returns (Charlotte?) to help Liv.

If we somehow get Shayna vs. Ronda out of this I wouldn't mind either. I think as a tag team they could have potential but would think WWE wants Ronda on her own. Wherever it leads I expect more delicious chaos tonight.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would rather see Ronda and Shayna as tag champs but I wouldn't mind Shayna getting a singles title run beforehand.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather see Roman Reigns vs. The guy who sells popcorn in the arena they're in then Roman Reigns vs. The Cunt, Logan Paul.

Logan Paul needs to fuck off back to Youtube land and leave wrestling to the wrestlers. Fucking human douchebag he is. That, or at least stay in his lane with his silly little shit with The Miz and not try to hang with the big boys.

There's about 30 different wrestlers in WWE they could build up to work with Reigns. But because The Saudi Cut Your Head Off King wants to see some kind of "celebrity", we get Roman Reigns who's going to have to have some kind of "competitive" match with this Youtube twat waffle.

Fuck me.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    I'd rather see Roman Reigns vs. The guy who sells popcorn in the arena they're in then Roman Reigns vs. The Cunt, Logan Paul.

Logan Paul needs to fuck off back to Youtube land and leave wrestling to the wrestlers. Fucking human douchebag he is. That, or at least stay in his lane with his silly little shit with The Miz and not try to hang with the big boys.

There's about 30 different wrestlers in WWE they could build up to work with Reigns. But because The Saudi Cut Your Head Off King wants to see some kind of "celebrity", we get Roman Reigns who's going to have to have some kind of "competitive" match with this Youtube twat waffle.

Fuck me.
    This. All of it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This. All of it.
    You agree with me or...?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    You agree with me or...?
    Yep.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the best episodes I've seen of Smackdown in a while. Start to finish, the stuff mattered and the matches were no worse than average. The talking segments had a purpose and helped advance things. It's quite wild how Sheamus has leveled up since Cardiff, thus helping bubble up the rest of the Brawling Brutes. Moss is missing personality and a presentation to really help gain some traction for him. Sikoa's new theme is an upgrade. Spinning Solo is a simple but great name for his finisher. Really swimming upstream with Paul and this approach with Reigns. I'm interested to see how it goes.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So they're doing War Games at Survivor Series now, men's and women's. No Raw vs. Smackdown. Got to think the men's will be The Bloodline (Reigns, Usos, Solo, Sami) vs. An All Stars team (McIntyre, Owens, Rollins, Riddle, Lashley?) with a title shot stip attached. Then the women's maybe do team captains Bianca and Ronda and they do a strange bedfellows draft kind of thing. Charlotte return as the 5th woman on team Ronda to start trucking towards Bianca vs. Charlotte for Wrestlemania.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    So YouTube Guy bumps like a champ, does the job and gets the huge Saudi payday, the rest of the roster gets a couple months to build up the next challenger for Roman.

Right?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Youtube Guy is a fucking embarrassment unless he's doing some kind of silly underneath stuff with The Miz or whoever.

If they wanted a celebrity vs. Roman Reigns, Pat MacAfee is literally right there in the chair. They could build him up and have him challenge Roman, Roman disposes of him in a nice, competitive, tidy little match and then... so on.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. It's one thing working with Sami Zayn, Miz, the Mysterios.

If they really wanted to get something out of this idiot with a title you make him full blown heel and step up to Lashley. Logan would be the delusional heel not realizing what he's getting himself into. You either have Lashley squash him or he gets a low blow/interference type situation to get a tiny bit of offense before Lashley puts his ass in the full nelson.

I just can't imagine the prince requesting Logan Paul v. Roman Reigns when correct me if I'm wrong he thought Yokozuna was still alive....

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Pat McAfee isn't around he's doing some college handegg stuff

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saudi shows always feel like they're glorified house shows. I don't mind Paul being in the main event for this because you don't want to burn through ALL your available options for Reigns. They get to utilize him, knock off a guy, build a program with mostly-part timers for a match.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeseToTheFace View Post
    Saudi shows always feel like they're glorified house shows. I don't mind Paul being in the main event for this because you don't want to burn through ALL your available options for Reigns. They get to utilize him, knock off a guy, build a program with mostly-part timers for a match.
    IDK, the Saudi shows feel like they took WrestleFest 91 and did it all in one night lol. They typically do have storylines going in and out of it but yeah I can see that comparison. Like when they do Starrcade in Charlotte but never air it on tv or the Network.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pat McAfee isn't around he's doing some college handegg stuff
    I'm sure they could fly him into Cut Your Head Off If You're White-Istan for one night, have him work with Roman, and then fly him back to civilization. That's if King Cut Your Head Off doesn't hold the plane hostage again. They could set the whole match up on Pat's podcast. Roman wouldn't even have to interact with him in person.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm sure they could fly him into Cut Your Head Off If You're White-Istan for one night, have him work with Roman, and then fly him back to civilization. That's if King Cut Your Head Off doesn't hold the plane hostage again. They could set the whole match up on Pat's podcast. Roman wouldn't even have to interact with him in person.
    I'm sure he can't work anywhere else while doing this stuff.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Liv Morgan vs. Lacey Evans was a pretty bad match.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liv Morgan vs. Lacey Evans was a pretty bad match.
    Won't matter, because it'll be overshadowed by the table spot.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    A lot of sloppiness on this show. I suppose you're right, the moments overshadow the matches

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brawling Brutes/Usos was fun though.

Also like Solo looking out for Sami but Jey can’t stand him. Little internal strife should refresh the Bloodline storyline a bit.

Also love the “Honorary Uce” shirt!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The presentation for Sikoa has been quite excellent since he was called up. He has a great person to work off of in Zayn, but Sikoa's presentation stands out in a way compared to his brothers so it's not a redundant part of an already powerful/fun faction.

I did a double take when I saw Ken Doane out there for the pull apart segment with Liv and Ronda. I know he's been working in the back for a while, but it's still jarring to see him and to think it's over 15 years ago since The Spirit Squad.

Samantha Irvin truly shines when she introduces Imperium individually. Kind of think GUNTHER presumably retains on Friday, while they give The Brawling Brutes a win at the PLE in the six-man.

Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    The social media clip after the show certainly raised an eyebrow, as it showed Max Dupri having an awakening of sorts as he caught himself using "night" in a reference, then saying his "yeah" as he walked off. There's not a lot of time available weekly, but LA Knight (in peak NXT form) would be quite a curious transformation in terms of fitting in.
    It appears the time is coming for this. It's going to be interesting to see how he clicks with the audience if he's given time.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Much as I was here for Maximum Males Models, I'm also a big ol' LA Knight fan and think the dude could really take off when he gets back into that persona. Hopefully this doesn't leave the rest of the group in the dust.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MMM thrives, for me, because of the tag-team. I figured eventually "Max" would either get released, quit, but we'd still have Mansor and Mace. LA Knight is someone I could see getting a solid singles run like Bobby Roode did.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think MMM will be fine. They will be at best a midcard/lower card team though who may not win the titles will at least draw heat and those kinda teams always have their place. They won’t be boring.

Mansoor in particular has a great personality after watching his UUDD stuff.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mansoor singing “My Sacrifice” before being “reminded” of licensing rights and beating MACE at Tekken using only his nose and a finger or two.

He is comedy heel gold!

And his UUDD name is Snake Beater! If that’s not comedy innuendo gold then what is?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I want to see is these guys take the place of the Latin Lovers. Angel and Humberto deserve better. Especially Angel Garza.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I want to see is these guys take the place of the Latin Lovers. Angel and Humberto deserve better. Especially Angel Garza.
    100% agreed on Angel. Dude deserves at least a better midcard push.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Humberto is very graceful in the ring but I have the same issue with him as I do Dominick Mysterio: They look 12. Even Rey without his mask looked so young and I think it took away from him, Juvi, these legit baby faces with no mask looking like children.

Angel I think could definitely thrive in the midcard and maybe more. He's just had this directionless run on the main roster.