Results 2,001 to 2,100 of 2650

Thread: The Official Friday Night Smackdown Thread

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Sorry 3pup but nobody is over in Hit Row. Even when Swerve was leading them I never felt like they were getting anywhere just yet. Top Dolla is whack. Using the villain from Crow as his ring name and just being terrible. Adonis and B-Fab could do something but even Adonis is pretty bland.

I should have said that Top Dolla is the most over of anyone in Hit Row based on his size/look, but he does have some charisma/connection with the crowd. Although the next time he appears on TV - he may get a "You Fucked Up" or "You can't wrestle" chant.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Sorry I didn’t fit every gimmick type of that in and can see your point.

I was trying to get at that it’s not always creative’s fault that they get “Da Band” gimmick in for certainly because while not the best, it’s what you can do with it.
    Your apology is accepted for forgetting Slam Master J.

I agree with that last part. It's up to both creative and the talent to do what you can. If Triple H is more relaxed than Vince with scripting and micro managing everything that might be a bad thing for certain talents. I think for Hit Row it all goes back to Swerve was the more seasoned and the other 3 needed more time in developmental.

Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I should have said that Top Dolla is the most over of anyone in Hit Row based on his size/look, but he does have some charisma/connection with the crowd. Although the next time he appears on TV - he may get a "You Fucked Up" or "You can't wrestle" chant.
    Top Dolla is a weird looking big man. He looks like someone who lost about 100lbs. in 3 months. See, I think B-Fab is the draw, if there is one. She don't look like anyone they have but she is a terrible wrestler. When you get the default moves list for long legged women, it's not a good sign. Her and Lash Legend have the same exact moveset as the Stacey Kiebler's of the world lol.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top Dolla? More like… Flop Dolla. Ok, I’m leaving.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Top Dolla? More like… Flop Dolla. Ok, I’m leaving.
    I like this. I'd like it even more if the Bloodline used it next week, as Hit Row earned the #1 contender's match. Everyone in the Bloodline has been killing it on the mic, so we should expect an interview segment with them prior to their match. If Sami makes a joke about Flop Dolla, Jimmy or Jey could point out how the Usos didn't get to be undisputed tag champs for 400 days by overlooking their opponents. Jimmy and Jey can make any other team look great, but I expect shenanigans leading to a DQ, so Hit Row earns a title shot at the Rumble.

What happened to The Viking Raiders? Are they in the doghouse?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I like this. I'd like it even more if the Bloodline used it next week, as Hit Row earned the #1 contender's match. Everyone in the Bloodline has been killing it on the mic, so we should expect an interview segment with them prior to their match. If Sami makes a joke about Flop Dolla, Jimmy or Jey could point out how the Usos didn't get to be undisputed tag champs for 400 days by overlooking their opponents. Jimmy and Jey can make any other team look great, but I expect shenanigans leading to a DQ, so Hit Row earns a title shot at the Rumble.

What happened to The Viking Raiders? Are they in the doghouse?
    Because they lost? They practically squashed New Day and have been beating everyone's ass. The only reason I can think of is that they're heels and heel v. heel matches are few and far between not just in WWE but pro wrestling in general. Hit Row sadly were kind of obvious as they were the only babyfaces out of the 3 teams.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The same Viking Raiders in the triple threat? Probably wanted to go with a face team to match up with the Uso's. The whole "Valhalla" thing is goofy as hell, but I get they probably want a one word name for her and Sarah ain't it.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeseToTheFace View Post
    The same Viking Raiders in the triple threat? Probably wanted to go with a face team to match up with the Uso's. The whole "Valhalla" thing is goofy as hell, but I get they probably want a one word name for her and Sarah ain't it.
    She is/was just an accessory. Also the whole “ladies love Ivar” thing they were doing was fucking stupid and goofy as hell.

Letting them be their badass selves would/will be great but at this point, just a prop.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This all them as well, no WWE asking them to lean into it this is their thing. I've always been 50/50 on these 2 going back to ROH as "War Machine" I think I like them in this super viking mode with Valhalla than any other time. It makes me wish we had AOP still around.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Samantha Irvin has an amazing voice.

That Sami Zayn promo was brilliant.

Raquel Gonzalez getting the title shot is cool, but you know she’s doing the job when it’s scheduled for a week later.

Ronda Rousey needs to go away.

Braun turning on Ricochet will be interesting.

The New Day are hilarious.

I’m leaning towards Imperium to take the tag straps off the Usos.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Was kinda bummed to see the usos tag match not getting the main event but the miracle on 34th Street fight was honestly perfect. A nice light hearted match with some cheesy but fun spots. I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would.

Has Emma won a match since she's be back? Poor thing.

The women's gauntlet was a bit stupid for me. Some strange booking throughout. The only woman to actually focus on Gonzalez's arm was shayna and that got played off pretty shitty in what was I consider a squash. That did absolutely no favors for rebuilding shanya. Personally I think it's too soon for Gonzalez and I'm guessing they are playing the arm thing up as much as possible as the reason she couldn't get the job done. Ronda also needs a better opponent in my opinion. She's about the same level as Liv.

Roman and sami are killing it. I'm hoping they don't start the break up next week.

Edit: LA knights promos are like 50% ric flair and 50% rock. I'd say in a year or so he will be a forced face by the crowd.
    Last edited by virms; December 24th, 2022 at 6:05 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    Was kinda bummed to see the usos tag match not getting the main event but the miracle on 34th Street fight was honestly perfect. A nice light hearted match with some cheesy but fun spots. I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would.

Has Emma won a match since she's be back? Poor thing.

The women's gauntlet was a bit stupid for me. Some strange booking throughout. The only woman to actually focus on Gonzalez's arm was shayna and that got played off pretty shitty in what was I consider a squash. That did absolutely no favors for rebuilding shanya. Personally I think it's too soon for Gonzalez and I'm guessing they are playing the arm thing up as much as possible as the reason she couldn't get the job done. Ronda also needs a better opponent in my opinion. She's about the same level as Liv.

Roman and sami are killing it. I'm hoping they don't start the break up next week.

Edit: LA knights promos are like 50% ric flair and 50% rock. I'd say in a year or so he will be a forced face by the crowd.
    Liv worked the arm even apologized to Raquel before double stomping it lol.

Emma hasn't won on tv. I was just looking up her record and saw that she's beat Xia Li and her and Madcap have a couple W's over Scarlett and Karrion.

Personally I would much rather see Kross working with Rey Mysterio but Madcap is like the new Elias/Corbin type. Nobody really seems to care about these guys when the bell rings but the WWE. Madcap has a stupid fuckin name as it is.

Kross came in super hot and now it's kind of been a little bit of a cooling off period for whatever reason.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy has a theme and threw everyone in the ring off by attacking Wyatt. Whatever the Pitch Black Match is, there is a chance it could stink but hopefully it works out well. Still like the prospects for Knight after this program is done.

Seems like the trajectories are set for Sheamus and Sikoa going into 2023. I'll be somewhat surprised if we don't get Sheamus/GUNTHER III at Mania and Sheamus finally gets the IC championship. Sikoa looks like he's set for a pretty strong run in 2023. Spinning Solo was fine enough as a finisher, but the Samoan Spike works perfectly fine.

That was easily Ronda's best match in quite some time. The pace wasn't plodding and I think the flow just works better if she has a more menacing/imposing opponent on the other side. Raquel held her own very well in the match. It's been a little dodgy since she was called up but I'd like to think 2023 will big a solid year for her. There was word earlier in the day that Charlotte was in town and that she was making her comeback soon. Soon became tonight lol. She's got a remixed theme, which sounds good. I don't know what's going to happen for her in a big picture sense with Triple H booking things (particularly if H tries to book her as a face), but Charlotte is an incredible boost for the women's division. Raw was getting a lot of new faces over recent months and the new faces on Smackdown haven't clicked yet. I imagine we get a rematch between Ronda and Charlotte at the Rumble.

GUNTHER has his work cut out for him in terms of keeping his work rate quality at the level we're used to seeing, now officially being paired up with Strowman. The match should be interesting but I think it's presumably setting up an instance where Ricochet tries to help level out the playing field but it doesn't work and it leads to Strowman turning and they feud. Looks like Ricochet caught GUNTHER hard with the chair. YIKERS. Not good when the ref instantly grabs the black gloves after Ricochet clipped him.

That crowd was absolutely nuts for Cena. That guy is something else, man. The seal was broken with GUNTHER, so Zayn (from an inadvertent shot from Owens) and KO ended up being bloodied up by the end of the main event haha. Reigns might have gotten his receipt on Owens from WarGames there. The pacing of the show earlier definitely hurt the time slotted for this match or they grossly miscalculated things because there wasn't enough time to really ramp up the main event. That said, they played the hits as quick as they could (and as audibly as you could in terms of Cena and the ref calling things out lol). The fallout within The Bloodline will clearly be the next chapter as Owens likely heads to the Rumble to take on Reigns.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; December 30th, 2022 at 11:22 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Top notch review, BG.

My personal thoughts:
    -Very intrigued by Uncle Howdy. Who is he? How does he play into Windham’s latest masterpiece? How does Knight get out of this fued without getting completely buried? It feels like they could have used any of the dozens of curtainjerkers rather than LA for this angle.
    -More Solo v Sheamus, please.
    -When I said I wanted Rousey to leave, this lateral move definitely was not what I had in mind. Full credit to Ronda, that was a solid match and she made Raquel look like a million bucks.
    -LOL Top Dolla.
    -Braun v Gunther should be a pretty decent hoss fight, but even this Strowman mark sees Gunther retaining.
    -That pop for Cena was insane. Kevin was the workhorse, John got the hot tag and wasn’t involved in the decision: by my math that adds up to a Cena retirement match sooner than later. John putting over Austin at Mania seems pretty inevitable, doesn’t it?
    -When we think of wrestling GOAT/Mt. Rushmore, we’re going to have to (if not already) include the dude from West Newbury alongside the likes of Rock/Austin/Flair/Hogan.
    -And the Bloodline turn on Sami Zayn begins now…

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Bray stuff is dumb as fuck. I’m over his theater.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has maybe gone on a bit long but at least intrigued how the match will go down. It’s a boon for Knight being in a big program regardless.

Hot main-event but agree there was time constraints. Also think beginning of the end for Zayn starting next week. Heyman gave foreboding warnings backstage too.
    Last edited by Badger; December 31st, 2022 at 9:40 AM.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They really packed a lot into the two hour episode. I don't mind a turn for Hit Row, lots to ridicule about Flop Dolla, can get some mileage out of that to tweak the characters.

Love having Sami eat the pin to start the build to Wrestlemania - Usos vs. Kevin & Sami has enough time to be built up over two months where they can go slow.

Still interested in the Wyatt stuff, but the gap between Crown Jewel and Rumble is showing how difficult it is to maintain a high level to this angle unless you start something different, so now you've got Uncle Howdy involved.

Charlotte vs. Rousey can be run again at the Rumble, Charlotte retains and you get your Wrestlemania challenger to her out of the Rumble.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    The Bray stuff is dumb as fuck. I’m over his theater.
    You are one miserable git...Happy New year.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    How does Knight get out of this fued without getting completely buried? It feels like they could have used any of the dozens of curtainjerkers rather than LA for this angle.
    The guy was mired in a terrible gimmick with a group that wasn't going anywhere. It was headed towards a swift death. Now, he's back to who he needs to be and is already getting over with the crowd. He's a heel, so he's going to lose and still get over by being able to talk. The crowd is eventually going to turn him in due time, as it happened in NXT. He'll be fine.

-That pop for Cena was insane. Kevin was the workhorse, John got the hot tag and wasn’t involved in the decision: by my math that adds up to a Cena retirement match sooner than later. John putting over Austin at Mania seems pretty inevitable, doesn’t it?
    I don't think he'll fully retire anytime soon. It seemed certain to be a thing between Theory and Cena at Summerslam and that could still be in play this time around but there's a lot of smoke around the idea of Cena and Logan Paul tussling. I don't hate that idea, though I see why a lot of people wouldn't like it. First, we need to ditch the charade of Paul being a face and just let him work heel properly one go round and have Cena work as he normally does. The two will go at it properly on the mic and the match should be electric.

Cena isn't going to come around frequently but there's still mileage in his usage. Some will say its cheap at this stage of the game, but I'm all for getting him the 17th reign at some point.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Pretty good show overall.

Rousey I thought did a great job. Worked the crowd like a champ, constantly taunting them and asking if she was doing good enough. Love it. I got the Flair surprise spoiled for me but she did look damn good. That outfit accented her perfectly. I'm not sure if Charlotte has a personal designer and make up but whoever does her stuff just nails it out of the park.

Rousey had said in a live stream that she didn't feel it was needed for her to be the world champ and while she liked being the champ she had no problem doing other things and expressed being tag Champs as a goal. I'm definitely ok with it heading that route. A good way to reintroduce the tag titles if you ask me.

What are the odds Charlotte is a face next week? I guess you always get that with an established and well over heel when they come back from a long hiatus. Obviously a rematch is in store but I don't see her getting the title back but I do expect a fucking barn burner of a match between these two. If Charlotte does stay fave I wonder if seeds are going to be planted for the four horsewomen showdown?

I'm kinda torn on hit row. On one hand a character change would definitely work them. My biggest concern is that their just gonna turn heel and become stereotypical wrestling gangstas. That reeks of old wwe booking.

While the tease is there for the brawling brutes to take on the usos I don't see them being the ones to dethrone them. Sheamus and Drew has what it takes but they don't need it. Personally, I think the uso should hold it until reigns loses to create a very tense dynamic for the bloodline. Usos can make a tag team at summerslam. Obviously they are heading towards usos and owens/sami but the complete destruction of the bloodline in 1 night seems crazy.

Love Wyatt but this story just isn't firing on all cylinders. Fiend had the fun house to groove with. Uncle Howdy just doesn't groove. There's still interesting dynamics to all this but I would have been happy with the Wyatt family Bray woth a touch of voodoo coming back vs what we got going on now.

The main event was actually a bit of a let down. Definitely needed more time to breathe. Definitely didn't need tonhave the ref screaming out verbal cues for the whole world to hear. Christ. The match started off fire with semi's bloody nose. Did this being back memories for reigns? Was that a receipt from him or sami? Whatever the case owens eye was pretty well swollen shut by the time the match was over. I'll probably go back to view this.

It will be interesting to see hiw much Cena gets to work over the next few months. I'm definitely down for it. Should be a fun ride.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the main event had a timing issue like BG said earlier.

Also as fire as Cena was…that balding…we can see you!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Cena has been balding for years.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cena has been balding for years.
    True but the camera angle was hilarious and made it even more noticeable!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I'm honestly surprised he doesn't go the dave portnoy route but maybe something in his contracts doesn't allow him to get his hair done. Then again, he might just not care.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incredible episode. Not a bad match. It is what it is with Charlotte. Cena/Owens as a tag-team was crazy after I just watched KO's debut beating Cena a few weeks prior to the announcement. The history in that match (Zayn/KO's first main roster matches were against Cena, Cena's last match on tv/ppv was against Roman, the rest is obvious).

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah nice episode.
    Last edited by Badger; January 2nd, 2023 at 3:25 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God bless The Bloodline. Incredible effort by them tonight.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    -I’m just not feeling LA Knight/Karrion Kross/Hit Row, have never really been a fan of Charlotte.
    -Can Scarlett actually wrestle or is she strictly the manager/valet?
    -The Usos brought it, there was further development in the Reigns/Zayn relationship.
    -Kofi and Xavier deserve better than this. I really miss Big E.
    -Curious to see where this Ricochet push goes, I like him.
    -Did anyone else read/hear the Rumble promotion as both winners get main events at Mania? As in the women (likely) on night one and Roman defending on night two?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scarlett’s wrestled in OVW plus other promotions such as Chikara and CZW. Big ring announcing botch by Samantha only announcing Kross as the winner lol.

At least they’re making something of the Top Dolla botch and a heel turn may do Hit Row some good. Not bothered by Kingston losing at all. They’re all about giving back at the moment hence why they’re also down in NXT.

Think Strowman may turn on Ricochet down the line. They might put it back to that loss in the World Cup (even if Imperium got involved).

Zayn will lose next week but they may save the Bloodline turning on him til after the Rumble. It’s moving along nicely.

Great tag main event.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    “Y’all got any of that Pat McAfee?” #TyroneBiggumsVoice

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -I’m just not feeling LA Knight/Karrion Kross/Hit Row, have never really been a fan of Charlotte.
    -Can Scarlett actually wrestle or is she strictly the manager/valet?
    -The Usos brought it, there was further development in the Reigns/Zayn relationship.
    -Kofi and Xavier deserve better than this. I really miss Big E.
    -Curious to see where this Ricochet push goes, I like him.
    -Did anyone else read/hear the Rumble promotion as both winners get main events at Mania? As in the women (likely) on night one and Roman defending on night two?
    Do they? I mean they've been on top for a long, long time and Kofi's even been World champion within the last couple years. It's time to give back. One of the most dominant tag-teams ever.

I will say this...I wish Woods had a couple singles titles to his name. But overall I don't see how anyone can look at New Day and think they deserve better than what they've been given. Kofi putting over Escobar isn't that big of a deal considering who Kofi has put over in the last 10 years.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Escobar will be an interesting performer to watch in 2023. He should be a player but the booking may not work his way.
    - I don't know what I was expecting, but I thought WWE would have done more than what they did to advertise Scarlett was going to be having her first match in WWE.
    - The early run with babyface Charlotte seems to be working well so far. She was going to be an interesting figure under Triple H's watch. We'll see what comes of it. Imagine we get the rematch of Ronda and Charlotte at the Rumble, then Ronda/Shayna chase the tag titles.
    - Heel Hit Row works for me, good sprinkles of an eventual rift between Strowman and Ricochet that you don't see coming.
    - Banger Bros (lol) for the Viking Raiders seems like a significant case of flattening out for Sheamus and McIntyre.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Charlotte throwing hints of her heel side in works for what she's doing now. Speaking in truth to the audience of the fact they love her down deep for how good she is plays well imo. It's just enough arrogance to keep that edge to her without being an aww shucks babyface.

Liv Morgan's promo was fucking horrible. At this point I hope she's #1 and a returning Nia Jax is 2 and Nia eliminates her in 30 seconds.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do they? I mean they've been on top for a long, long time and Kofi's even been World champion within the last couple years. It's time to give back. One of the most dominant tag-teams ever.

I will say this...I wish Woods had a couple singles titles to his name. But overall I don't see how anyone can look at New Day and think they deserve better than what they've been given. Kofi putting over Escobar isn't that big of a deal considering who Kofi has put over in the last 10 years.
    It looked like they were gonna do something with Woods after he became KOTR (last person to beat Reigns in a singles match as well) then he got injured and it got derailed. Kinda of a shame but yeah he and Kofi giving back to people is just fine with me

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looked like they were gonna do something with Woods after he became KOTR (last person to beat Reigns in a singles match as well) then he got injured and it got derailed. Kinda of a shame but yeah he and Kofi giving back to people is just fine with me
    New Day are kind of like the New Age Outlawz were. One of the few tag-teams that seemed to get just as much if not more camera time than most singles wrestlers. You don't really see tag-teams getting the mic time or being showcased on the level that New Day have been for many years. Woods getting an IC title run or something would be great but I'm not sad if it's just multi time tag champ + King of the Ring. He's a better KOTR than Billy Gunn let's just put it that way.

Plus the tag division needs top tier tag teams and they're one of them. They've already cemented their legacy it's up to the new blood to pull their own weight.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Day are kind of like the New Age Outlawz were. One of the few tag-teams that seemed to get just as much if not more camera time than most singles wrestlers. You don't really see tag-teams getting the mic time or being showcased on the level that New Day have been for many years. Woods getting an IC title run or something would be great but I'm not sad if it's just multi time tag champ + King of the Ring. He's a better KOTR than Billy Gunn let's just put it that way.

Plus the tag division needs top tier tag teams and they're one of them. They've already cemented their legacy it's up to the new blood to pull their own weight.
    Yeah. Would be cool if Woods got a title reign before the stable retires/breaks up (just so they can say all three of them have been champ) but aware that’s probably unlikely. Perfectly happy with his accomplishments but at least I hope he defends his throne this year.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. Would be cool if Woods got a title reign before the stable retires/breaks up (just so they can say all three of them have been champ) but aware that’s probably unlikely. Perfectly happy with his accomplishments but at least I hope he defends his throne this year.
    It would be cool but if he winds up being the Scott Hall of the New Day I'm cool with that. He's one of those guys who has benefited greatly from New Day more than the other two. Woods is the type of guy who Vince would've lost interest in sooner than later I believe. It's crazy to me he hasn't won any singles titles unless you throw in KOTR. As often as the US/IC title was passed around over the years to the same people you'd think Woods would've snagged one.

Thinking about it now it would've been cool if there was a loophole where any member of New Day could defend a singles title in their stable. A little over the top but we did have a couple 24/7 championships.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Strowman vs Gunther was fun eh

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strowman is over, but he has never actually wrestled very well. Until this match, that is. I think we need to give more of the credit to Gunther, but they told a decent story that mostly worked, with Gunther working the injured left arm so much. It didn't make much sense to me that Strowman would not have used his right arm more when Gunther was working on his left. Strowman looked sloppy for the ending pin sequence, to the point I was expecting the ref to miss his shoulder being up or something. Gunther is becoming one of my favorites.

Nice job with Zayn being told Roman sent the Usos and Solo home, only for them to appear late to surprise us all, and cost Sami the win, when he really wanted to handle the problem himself to earn permanent bloodline member status.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    The Bloodline stuff really is fantastic.

And Gunther is so the man. Good match with Strowman.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    They really are making Gunther into main event. I mean he's always had it but he is just booked so properly. If mania rumors are true Gunther vs Lesnar will be off the fucking hook.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I also want to give a shout out to Liv. Her backstage segment was very good thus week. Best she has done.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it's basically official that they're splitting up the tag titles as Pearce said on Friday there would be a tournament to declare new #1 cont to the SD titles.

I do like Drew and Sheamus being paired up. Where is this leading though? Drew turning heel? Or is it just simply 2 main eventers teaming up to add depth to the tag scene? There is not enough credit given to WWE's booking.

Going into Rumble my top 5 picks would be: Cody, Lashley, Styles, Cross, and Balor.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    So it's basically official that they're splitting up the tag titles as Pearce said on Friday there would be a tournament to declare new #1 cont to the SD titles.

I do like Drew and Sheamus being paired up. Where is this leading though? Drew turning heel? Or is it just simply 2 main eventers teaming up to add depth to the tag scene? There is not enough credit given to WWE's booking.

Going into Rumble my top 5 picks would be: Cody, Lashley, Styles, Cross, and Balor.
    According to styles he will be out for a few months. Broken ankle.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drew as a top face has felt like it's getting stale. I don't know if that means a heel turn coming, a roster switch to Raw to get him away from Kross possibly. It's hard to keep someone relevant for as long as they did considering the focus has been the Bloodline story and basically having a monthly challenger.

Good booking to be doing brand-specific title challengers but I kinda hoped that was coming along first for Reigns but nothing to complain about. It feels like a step in the direction of taking titles off Reigns individually, be it a #1 contender out of the Rumble and a #1 contender out of Elimination Chamber.

The show-specific tag title contenders is a nice throw-off where they probably build to Owens & Zayn winning tag titles at 'Mania. Have the Usos screw over Sami at EC and demand a tag title shot.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I like Drew but overall he's just very bland. I'd like to say it's booking but I just feel he's always being a character vs being himself ramped up to 11. I think the stuff with Sheamus is helping him a bit but I just don't see him as the face of the company.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it might sound like an excuse but I think the pandemic really took the steam out of damn near everything going on in pro wrestling for a good 8-9 months. Roman coming back as a heel was the shot in the arm we needed. I just feel like 2020 was Drew's year. I just watched that Rumble, the place fucking exploded when he eliminated Lesnar AND when he won. It was just hard to really sink your teeth into anything because you didn't know who was next to get the Covid or whatever.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    You know just when you didn't think the bloodline story couldn't get better they get Heyman doing Heyman things. He obviously set sami up to take even more heat for not being there to help stop ko at the end. What's his end game?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it might sound like an excuse but I think the pandemic really took the steam out of damn near everything going on in pro wrestling for a good 8-9 months. Roman coming back as a heel was the shot in the arm we needed. I just feel like 2020 was Drew's year. I just watched that Rumble, the place fucking exploded when he eliminated Lesnar AND when he won. It was just hard to really sink your teeth into anything because you didn't know who was next to get the Covid or whatever.
    Yeah, I know I'm probably all alone here... but I honestly think the pandemic was a bad thing.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Yeah, I know I'm probably all alone here... but I honestly think the pandemic was a bad thing.
    Several billionaire tech moguls definitely disagree with you.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sami’s going to “Tribal Court” on the Raw XXXth show.

I expect great hilarity in the challenge to keep in character.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I am actually looking forward for Sammi to get his ass kicked. I doubt they go through with it though. They know if Sammi breaks from the Bloodline, the fans will make him Daniel Bryan 2.0 heading into the Rumble. I expect they will once again tease it as they have done since Survivor Series for it be another "trap" for jobber of the stars KO. I also think they are doing this, because The Rock is not going to show up, because the ceremony segment seems to really hint towards it. Rock could still pop up, but save Sammi...kinda dumb.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I really hope Sammmi wins. Imagine Sammmi in the main event of wrestlemania? Sammmi will be the new world champion!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    A beautiful story it would be for sammmmi to win the title but I don't think sammmmi would hold it for long.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zayn isn't winning the Rumble or the World title and that's ok. I think he might be the reason Roman loses one if not both titles though. Whether that's before or after he gets the boot from the Bloodline is up to WWE, both work just in different ways.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Zayn isn't winning the Rumble or the World title and that's ok. I think he might be the reason Roman loses one if not both titles though. Whether that's before or after he gets the boot from the Bloodline is up to WWE, both work just in different ways.
    My guess would be Sami gets the boot after costing Roman the World title.

We’ve seen hints of it, of Sami being overly enthusiastic and not being able to switch into business-mode like the Usos; the youthful exuberance in backstage skits and ring entrances are prime examples. Sami is going to try to help Reigns, it ultimately backfires and costs Roman one of the titles. Roman, on the next show, gives the thumbs down and siccs The Bloodline on him.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have teased Roman getting angry at Sammmmmi a few times now, and this time it was Roman wondering aloud why should he, the Head of the Table, have to run his plans by anyone, let alone Sammmmmi. I liked it, but then, once again they
    had Roman apologize to Zayn. This felt weak/forced filler to me, especially Roman telling Sammmmmi that "I have a bit of an anger problem"

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They can't let Roman and the Bloodline get too cool. We have to remember they're still heels. It wasn't but 4-5 months ago Sami was one of the top heels as well but comedy can go a long way. All of this stuff since Roman came back as heel has felt so natural, like they're just seeing where it goes and building off that. Very classic Vince/WWE storytelling that has worked more often than not. Which is why so many wrestlers and fans don't like all the mega scripted stuff because we know if they just loosen the reigns, the cream will rise to the top.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Whatever happens, I think Sammmmmmi will be set up to be one of the top faces of the company. Maybe a world championship run is a bit too ambitious for him, but I'd like to see him feud with Gunther for the IC championship.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Smackdown was pretty good.

Loved the segment with theory, new day, miz, Bobby and brock. Nice flow of interaction between groups that didn't necessarily have anything to do with one another.

I do like lacey's repackaged look. I actually think there is some potential there but we will just have to see how she gets booked. Question is; if this run flops like the rest does she remain employed? Lots of money and time invested into her at this point. I am a fan of the cobra clutch finisher as well. Not sure who laceys opponent was but her ass definitely was not tv pg.

Odd booking for the tag team tournament. Getting pretty obvious that braun and ricochet is heading to face the usos. I don't think Sheamus or drew are going to win the Rumble but seems odd to take the most credible challengers out. I also don't see the viking raiders winning the war against them either as much of a nice rub that would be in reestablishing as a dominant force.

The ko/solo stuff really didn't further anything along as far as hype for ko's match with roman. They are still protecting solo, which is fine, but all it told me is that it's not the ko show it's the sammmmmmmmmmmmi show. As much as a fan I am I don't really see it ending with any sort of title run for sammmmmmmmmmmmmmmi

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hearing the pop and reaction Zayn got in South Carolina makes you feel like those reactions in Montreal are going to be colossal. Man is over like rover.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really wouldn't mind Sami getting a title run, but the way this sets up, it's all or nothing. Could be him representing Smackdown and Cody representing Raw if indeed titles do change hands somewhere. I expect Jey shows up at EC causing Sami to lose and you get your somewhat-redemption, he and KO winning the tag titles.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really wouldn't mind Sami getting a title run, but the way this sets up, it's all or nothing. Could be him representing Smackdown and Cody representing Raw if indeed titles do change hands somewhere. I expect Jey shows up at EC causing Sami to lose and you get your somewhat-redemption, he and KO winning the tag titles.
    DUIs have generally kept the Usos out of Canada, FWIW.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got to give credit to Trip, as the prospective card looks a lot deeper and relevant than the last several 'Mania's. I know things can change, but Rhodes vs. Roman and Usos vs. Zayn/Owens (first tag title 'Mania main event) are big main events for each night, and Cena vs. Theory, Lashley vs. Lesnar, Rollins vs. Paul and McIntyre vs. GUNTHER vs. Sheamus bring a great deal of depth as well as prestige to the midcard titles. Then if it's Asuka vs. Bianca that's a hell of a title match to go with Charlotte vs. Rhea, then you go either Becky/? Vs. Damage Control for the tag titles, Becky vs. Bayley or Becky vs. Ronda, which isn't bad for ninth match down. Throw in Mysterio vs. Mysterio, an Edge vs. Finn Balor gimmick blow off (I've heard Cell rumoured, but I reckon they get something sponsored... The Burger King Flame Grilled Inferno match or some shite), whatever silly bollocks Bray Wyatt is doing with Strowman involved, the women's tag title match and then maybe McAfee vs. Miz and the return of the pre-show battle royals and you've got a banger of a show.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing with is (and BG makes a point that Jey may not be able to run in on EC due to Canadian restrictions) that they’ve gone that far with Sami now and he’s so over that the tag titles would seem like a step down for him at this point even with the KO reunion. It’s a tricky but delightful headache they have to book. They could do the post PPV run-in on Smackdown for Jey I guess but still may not have the same impact.

I could roll with Sami doing an Eddie with Brock for the shock factor and ending his reign before Mania. Fans would explode. Have Roman beat him down every week not taking him seriously but KO (being the Goldberg like he was in that match) assist.
    Last edited by Badger; February 5th, 2023 at 3:58 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zayn doesn't need to win to be a success as a story. The fact it has been this detailed and intricate is a win all in itself. He's gotten the spotlight in a lot of ways since he re-signed with the company and has delivered across the way. This isn't to say he never needs to be a champion but he doesn't really need to be the champion when it comes to Mania. In some ways coming off how successful this story has been, it culminates in Montreal, and he gets to be in the main event, that's gotta be gratifying for him in his own way.

In the end, they've built a successful character and that character has been elevated along the way. That's a win in my book. It's a sustained win if he can stay in the top tier once things reshuffle.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Zayn doesn't need to win to be a success as a story. The fact it has been this detailed and intricate is a win all in itself. He's gotten the spotlight in a lot of ways since he re-signed with the company and has delivered across the way. This isn't to say he never needs to be a champion but he doesn't really need to be the champion when it comes to Mania. In some ways coming off how successful this story has been, it culminates in Montreal, and he gets to be in the main event, that's gotta be gratifying for him in his own way.

In the end, they've built a successful character and that character has been elevated along the way. That's a win in my book. It's a sustained win if he can stay in the top tier once things reshuffle.
    Oh I can agree there’s not a “need” for it per se but wouldn’t complain if they called an audible with the fan reaction and just rolled with it with KO (and maybe Cody too) cancelling out the Bloodline interference to give Zayn that magical moment ending the streak. Doesn’t have to be real clean for Sami, just get the job done to protect Roman who can always get his heat back and get that win back later. He could just claim shenanigans/pull strings and won’t be hurt by this whatsoever.

There was a scheduled Roman/Zayn title match if you all recall where Brock fucked it up for Sami. Sami actually doing it this time around a bit earlier could do great character development for Roman as well as Sami, KO and the rest.

If they let Cody have all the spoils at Mania would be happy with that but also this scenario could split up the titles easily.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jey I think is kinda the pivot here with his IG post. Do they have him go full main-event Jey Uso or revert? If they revert then when and how?

Could see an argument for both ways. That’s how well they’ve booked this.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not like Cody came out to crickets.

As far as Smackdown goes it was a really good show. The ending was fire and I'm excited to see how everything plays out with The Bloodline, and what will the landscape look like after EC. I don't expect Sami to win, I feel like ending the historic run a month+ before Mania would be odd. Cody v. Sami Zayn? No thanks. It'd be a good match but it wouldn't have any real steam. I'm not even sold on Cody winning at Mania 100%. Remember that year we were 2000% sure Reigns was going over Lesnar at Mania, and he didn't? I can see that happening here and they maybe saying fuck it let's go another fuckin year lol.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not like Cody came out to crickets.

As far as Smackdown goes it was a really good show. The ending was fire and I'm excited to see how everything plays out with The Bloodline, and what will the landscape look like after EC. I don't expect Sami to win, I feel like ending the historic run a month+ before Mania would be odd. Cody v. Sami Zayn? No thanks. It'd be a good match but it wouldn't have any real steam. I'm not even sold on Cody winning at Mania 100%. Remember that year we were 2000% sure Reigns was going over Lesnar at Mania, and he didn't? I can see that happening here and they maybe saying fuck it let's go another fuckin year lol.
    Not sure what you mean by the crickets remark? Didn’t say he did.

Also didn’t say anything about Cody vs Zayn. I said they could potentially split the title up eg Roman vs Zayn then Roman vs Cody (Cody could even help in the first instance so Roman is protected).
    Last edited by Badger; February 6th, 2023 at 1:52 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also didn’t say anything about Cody vs Zayn. I said they could potentially split the title up eg Roman vs Zayn then Roman vs Cody (Cody could even help in the first instance so Roman is protected).
    I was just pointing out that while Zayn is getting a great reaction, so is Cody. You didn't have to say it, nobody said you implied it. There was no coded message in there.

I will also say not everything I posted was directed toward you it was me rambling about Sami v. Roman and why it would be stupid to have it be anything but Roman getting the win. You would be ok with Sami winning and not only winning but not winning clean? So 2+ years and that's how we end it?

And the thing is, we have nothing from EC to Mania so what, does Sami win the title and then drop it on a Smackdown because there is no splitting of anything if Sami wins. So again it wasn't really directed toward you just the obvious: Whoever wins is facing Cody and Sami v. Cody isn't worth a shit outside of it being a good match on paper. No story, no build, and how do you get the titles split? If that's your idea please explain how that would work.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We’re at the point where Reigns doesn’t need protecting in a match. The guy is fine lol and his job now (based on the calendar) is to help get as many people over as he can while he can.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roman is kind of in a Hulk Hogan phase where Hogan didn't have to lose to people to get them over. Just teaming with him or going up against him, you were in the biggest program with the most eyes and it would only elevate those talents. Especially guys who were already getting over and just needed that extra sprinkle of Hulk Dust.

Everyone in the Bloodline were just kind of doing the same thing over and over. Heyman, Usos, Zayn, and then boom Roman turns heel and everyone in the mix over the last 2+ years has benefitted especially in 2022. They made Roman v. Lesnar 280 fresh lol.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, if Sami really has top guy potential, he'll have his chance. If he keeps gaining momentum, the stories will be there after Wrestlemania where he can theoretically kick on even further. They could circle back round to Reigns defending against him at Wrestlemania 40, or naturally turn Cody throughout the year and end up doing Cody vs. Sami for the title there. Or turn Owens, heat him up, get the title on him and their story. If anything it's what people should want - the chase hasn't nearly begun. He hasn't even shown a remote interest in the title ever. That thing should build. And if it doesn't, he isn't all that anyway. But if he IS, that years arc going into 40 would be incredible.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if Solo will eventually be the one to dethrone Roman.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’re at the point where Reigns doesn’t need protecting in a match. The guy is fine lol and his job now (based on the calendar) is to help get as many people over as he can while he can.
    Maybe “protected” was the wrong phrase. I was meaning that Roman could get his win over Zayn back if they wanted to do that.

Also perhaps saying tag titles being a step down on reflection was a tad harsh as they would still be ending a massive reign but there’s also the opportunity to strike while the iron is hot if they made him the first to beat Roman for one of the titles and go along with “main-event Jey Uso” again. As said earlier depends on what they do with him if he can’t interfere in Canada.
    Last edited by Badger; February 7th, 2023 at 1:41 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I don't think any of this is leading to Sami finally winning a World title. He doesn't need it to tell his story. He's not someone who's all about the title he literally talked about this on Stone Cold's podcast. He's not wrong. So many title reigns and matches are forgotten. I imagine more people will remember his match with Johnny Knoxville at Mania last year than any other Mania match or title match he's had. There is a story being told and Sami getting mega over shouldn't alter it to the point where Sami beats Roman. If Roman had a few losses already, maybe.

There's a reason The Genius, who was mega over, didn't beat Hogan for the belt but he did beat Hogan by countout. IDK if we want to see that with Sami/Roman, I think it would do more harm than good. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Jey costing Sami the match and that would bring everything full circle with Sami and the Bloodline. It really started with Jey not trusting him, and plus you have KO saying his dream was to hopefully win the WWE tag titles with Sami before they retired.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sami doesn't need a title. Hell, if he were to get the first (non-title match) pinfall victory over Roman in over 2 or 3 years in the lead-up to 'Mania, that would be icing on the cake itself.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by casselmm47 View Post
    Sami doesn't need a title. Hell, if he were to get the first (non-title match) pinfall victory over Roman in over 2 or 3 years in the lead-up to 'Mania, that would be icing on the cake itself.
    That could be a plausible route to continue the implosion of the bloodline. Throw in a cluster fuck finish where jey accidentally gets roman instead of sami. Then again, usos can't go to Canada.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they did want to have Roman defend on both nights, I feel like Sami losing on Night 1 for Cody to seal the deal on Night 2 isn't a bad setup. But only one should be taking the titles from Roman for it to have maximum effect.

Sadly, though, it's probably smartest to have it just be Cody/Roman and have Sami do something with KO and the Usos.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Zayn and KO won't be the ones to dethrone the Usos, that's gonna be Ristrowchetman baby!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe “protected” was the wrong phrase. I was meaning that Roman could get his win over Zayn back if they wanted to do that.

Also perhaps saying tag titles being a step down on reflection was a tad harsh as they would still be ending a massive reign but there’s also the opportunity to strike while the iron is hot if they made him the first to beat Roman for one of the titles and go along with “main-event Jey Uso” again. As said earlier depends on what they do with him if he can’t interfere in Canada.

Also
    This is hell of a cliffhanger.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Badger got caught mid post at work

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Probably pooping and boss came in yelling he's been pooping for hours now.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably pooping and boss came in yelling he's been pooping for hours now.
    I hate when that happens. It's like shut up man I'm

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I hate when that happens. It's like shut up man I'm
    You're what?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is hell of a cliffhanger.
    Nah “Also” got posted twice by accident lol.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Cliffhanger was the best movie of 1993. Change my mind.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post

Mrs Doubtfire begs to differ. As does the Fugitive. Schindler's List.

You're Killing me, Smalls

Cliffhanger was good, but it's revisionist history to suggest it was better than the above.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Cliffhanger is 10/10.

THAT CLIPS NOT GONNA HOLD!!!

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mrs Doubtfire is great but probably identify most with Michael Douglas in Falling Down.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did Hit Row do to piss off the bookers??

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by hithit View Post
    What did Hit Row do to piss off the bookers??
    They fooled the bookers into thinking they had talent.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top Dolla should've been turned into a Jeff Hardy wannabe, stealing his aerial moves but I don't want to see the guy end up in a wheelchair

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The decision to not stall things out with Jey was certainly a choice. It seems like a zag to throw people off what you could expect. I don't think I would have gone this route, and the payoff seems a little off the mark in terms of where things stand, but that doesn't change the fact that the overall story is still entertaining to watch. I think some of the sudden or quizzical tones to this is done in service to advance things because the turnaround time between the Rumble and Elimination Chamber is swift. They created their DUI out for next week (lol) but the attempt to explain the why is appreciated. The way the story is going, you really can see a path with a bunch of scenarios as the fallout. I think it has a rather obvious path - the end of The Bloodline - but you see a variety of directions it can go afterwards and that's because the effort to make everyone a serviceable character has played out effectively.

WWE posted a social media exclusive clip and it shows Escobar paying his respects to Mysterio after the main event and Mysterio respecting him, as well. They gifted each other masks and Mysterio certainly gave Escobar the rub. Seems pretty unexpected to see the idea of Escobar suggestively turning here. He's so smooth and smug as a heel, so the idea of him working as a face is a curious one. Then you have the rest of LDF and what comes of them. A push for Escobar is a wise call but this will be a distinctive way to go about it.

As for the winner of the aforementioned main event, Moss honestly felt like the only choice since you've already gone through the match with Mysterio. I guess Moss' push is the fact he has colorful tights now and it's apparent Emma is his main squeeze. He's gotta find a way to muster up some charisma and click on the mic. He's an improving worker and the athleticism is quite good for a guy his size, but there's a massive piece missing right now and that's been apparent since he broke away from Corbin.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; February 11th, 2023 at 1:05 AM.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess the ending is one way to write the Usos out of the Canadian PLE if it happens that way. Will be curious to see how Heyman's quote works out about watching at home.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess the ending is one way to write the Usos out of the Canadian PLE if it happens that way. Will be curious to see how Heyman's quote works out about watching at home.
    It’s a reference to Roman watching the Sami/Jey stuff on SD at home plus also think not buying the fact Jimmy couldn’t get hold of Jey yet showed up. Essentially “Big Brother is watching” kinda thing.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may pan out that Roman has Solo as back-up and is gonna cost Sami the match at EC because he’s not banned and the Jimmy/Jey can’t do anything about it. Then the Bloodline split down the middle furthers.

It is fascinating.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Supposedly the usos are cleared to go to canada