Results 2,601 to 2,650 of 2650

Thread: The Official Friday Night Smackdown Thread

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    The IWC wants everyone to turn heel. Heel vs Heel are such great matches. I want Roman to lose this thing, so we can move on. Roman has beaten the only other over face in LA Knight multiple times. Rock/Roman will be interesting now, but only if Roman is face. Let Cody win, have him face Gunther or Solo or Drew or AJ. Cody/AJ/Finn would be a fun Bullet Club feud. We don't need Roman to sit on his ass just to pad stats in a fake sport. Rock needs some good press as Black Adam probably killed a good chunk of good faith in Hollywood for him.
    It didn't. Not everything The Rock does in Hollywood is going to be a mega smash hit. I mean it's not like those Jumanji movies didn't make a killing but yes, Black Adam hurt him so badly he had to go back to wrestling and that will right the wrongs..........Naw.

The Rock is going to help Cody and that will begin the build to Rock v. Roman. Whether that's at Mania 41 is to be seen. I think Roman will win the belt back by then anyway.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Woah black Adam bam a lam

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've got a framework of where Rock is going for the next few weeks: late 90s Rock. Based on his characterization, that makes it a challenge for everyone else from an optics standpoint. I'm of the belief we're getting the tag match on Night 1. That'll make it a challenge for Rhodes and Rollins to step up to the mic and deliver the goods against THAT version of The Rock. They're good at what they do and they can deliver but that's a different bar to clear when that's the opponent. Reigns, who has been the center of attention, might fall to the fourth-character in this story because Rhodes and to some extent Rollins need to elevate. It's like back in the day too when Rock was crapping on the crowd and they're loving it, so that means he's going to craft narratives that can be sustainable to get ire from the audience. It will be fun to see play out.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Do they do the tag match so that if Cody and Rollins lose, Cody's story is over? Similar to Bryan and HHH at 30?

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Do they do the tag match so that if Cody and Rollins lose, Cody's story is over? Similar to Bryan and HHH at 30?
    Hmmmm…..

My gut is it kinda makes the outcome more obvious if they did that. I’d be okay if they did that of course but honestly I’m leaning on no stipulation.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Hmmmm…..

My gut is it kinda makes the outcome more obvious if they did that. I’d be okay if they did that of course but honestly I’m leaning on no stipulation.
    The faces can lose the tag match and it's probably fine big picture and probably favorable if a specific person ate the pin. Imagine if the Bloodline does their usual shenanigans and Rock pins Rhodes. You create more doubt for Rhodes going into Night 2, Rock gets to stand tall to end Night 1. Despite that Rhodes finishes his story the next night, and someone has a bone to pick with Rhodes: the guy who pinned him the night before. You've got a ready-made title defense for Rhodes later in the year.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    The faces can lose the tag match and it's probably fine big picture and probably favorable if a specific person ate the pin. Imagine if the Bloodline does their usual shenanigans and Rock pins Rhodes. You create more doubt for Rhodes going into Night 2, Rock gets to stand tall to end Night 1. Despite that Rhodes finishes his story the next night, and someone has a bone to pick with Rhodes: the guy who pinned him the night before. You've got a ready-made title defense for Rhodes later in the year.
    Hmmm you make a very good argument there sir!

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm looking forward to when the Rock says he's the leader of the Bloodline, turning Roman Reigns face. Think Rock and Faarooq in the Nation.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Badgedown Review - Smackdown 01.03.24

Welcome to….Crackdown according to the Rock! Had the crowd in the palm of his hands even when he was insulting them. Stupid crack and meth heads. There’s that Mania tag match we’ve been waiting for. Should be a fun time….calling Cody and Seth to lose to give Cody another hurdle to climb over at Night Two. If ya smellll…..no wait Roman needs acknowledgment, really insecure isn’t he? Anyway Rock acknowledges him as the Tribal Chief. Nice mention of Rick’s board position and a shot at Hunter to boot. I feel they may at least exchange blows at some point if not a match.

I love Theory’s Austin shirt there better than Waller’s. Replaying Orton’s EC elimination…not a smart move guys! Waller throws him under the bus to a raging Orton. Poor Theory.

Tiffany vs Naomi was a good time. Since Naomi had just come back I wondered if it was one of those cases where Tiff was gonna put in a strong but losing effort. I am glad to see that I was wrong and they are strapping the rocket to Straffon. It’s Tiffy tiiiime!!

Bayley/Dakota vs Kabuki Warriors is next…well it was supposed to be until that long awaited Dakota heel turn on Bayley finally happened. To be honest I thought they’d pull that trigger either just before or at Mania. However it was done well here. Bayley might perhaps get herself some back up now before Mania.

Nick promises to deal with Damage Control. He’s trying to woo Jade into joining. Bron eats Xyon Quinn in seconds. It’s like the Goldberg push…..except Bron can actually wrestle. Kinda like Xyon from NXT as well, hoping this might be a sign he’ll be back on there.

The Santos/Carlito street fight was a very good time indeed! Lots of back and forth action, the tease with the apple and the exciting spots between the stables. A timely return for Mysterio, his crutch ruse was obvious but still well done. Sensing we’ll get Rey vs Santos at Mania which would just be delicious.

Oh RIP Virgil of course. He was in one of my favourite angles with Dibiase growing up. Kinda like him as Vincent in NWO despite that empty autograph signing meme lol. Anyway RIP Virge!

Lashley/Kross next week. Logan Paul returns. British Strong as they should ask for another shot at the tag titles. Not yet Nick says but let’s them know him and Adam have been talking and will let them know soo….before he finishes he finds a crazed chair-wielding LA Knight looking for Styles. Styles was at home….the hunt stops for now but will resume soon no doubt!

Kevin Owens on SPECIAL guest commentary is always a special time! Orton and Waller was a very good main event…helped even more by Owens calling it. I loved him marking out for the slams onto the table. A bit of a shame Randy slipped during that superplex attempt though. They tried to recover it but looked like a Theory blockbuster rather than an Orton suplex though. Apart from that I really enjoyed this one.Theory with a game effort but this one was never in doubt. Lovely RKO counter from Theory’s finisher as well.

I give this show 9 Badgers out of 10 Setts.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Dakota kai is 100% pure fire. She needs pushed to the moon.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cody vs Roman is going to be so overbooked and I can’t wait. Especially if Austin is involved and gives Rock one last stunner for him to oversell.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's going to be a pretty wild ride. I 80% expect Cody to win, I'm ready for it but not because of Roman. They just keep cooking something else with that guy and if Jimmy and Solo turn against the Rock, more chaos.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The opening promo was annoying from a broadcast standpoint due to it continuously being blacked out on the screen. It cut into the flow of things but I get why WWE/Fox are going to do that. Doesn't make it less annoying, though. Comparing that promo and his one from social media, Rock is talking A LOT right now lol. I think the segment was too long but it accomplished what it needed to. I guess we got the crumb of Rhodes mentioning the whisper moment with Rock to get the payoff of the explanation. The problem is that it came from The Rock and it was via the social media promo, not the Smackdown promo. Oh well, I guess. Certainly sewing the seeds of dissension between Rock and Reigns and that's coming along nicely. The boiling point seems to be coming Friday in Dallas. Should be good.

For the NBA fans: Dame Time < Tiffy Time. Glad she hit her best PME finally. I'm starting to wonder what's going on with Naomi because other than the Rumble surprise, she's kind of been more of an afterthought than a prominent figure as a return.

The Dakota term was telegraphed to where Stevie Wonder could see it but it seemed like the crowd made it count. I think they could've stalled it a bit longer but to each their own. I mentioned it in the Mania thread but it seems to make a lot of sense to see Jade interact with Damage CTRL Friday and eventually see her team up with Bianca to take the tag titles and start a year-long story there.

The Knight/Styles thing tells me that these guys are wasting a lot of jet fuel to not interact with each other in the way that ultimately needs to happen. Starting to grow a bit pessimistic that they're hoping the story is the crowd just wants to see them fight and there's not going to be a lot of 'there' there in terms of telling a story.

Curious to see what Breakker's Mania moment will be because he's assuredly getting one.

Good to see Mysterio back and we'll head towards April with Mysterio/Escobar as the focus. Wonder if that'll get an actual spot at Mania or culminate at the Smackdown before Mania.

Orton and Theory saved each other's bacon on that botched suplex spot. Graves went above and beyond to mask the mistake, lol. Owens clearly has a future at the desk if he wants it when he's done grappling. It's kind of wild to think that Owens really has been bickering with Waller/Theory ever since he moved back to Smackdown. That was in November and we're pushing it to Mania, presumably. He's been in the mind's eye but hopefully there's a bit more substance there for him after Mania. He's too good to kind of just be biding his time.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Breakker will win the Andre Memorial in emphatic fashion.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Thought Smackdown was rather splendid this week. Opening segment was fire, street fight was fun, Breaker, Tiffy Time! and a decent main event.

Fun times and fun times ahead!

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Angel is the sexiest person on the current WWE roster, prove me wrong.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Badgedown Review incoming tomorrow. Been working and not had a chance to watch it.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Carmella and Alexa Bliss are not considered to be part of the current roster, well, you almost have a point. And I will grant you that Charlotte and Sonya Deville are also away on injury hiatus. Then again, we have Chelsea Green to adore, and Maxxine Dupree is someone to dream about. But of course, it's Tiffy time. And Mami is always on top.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally getting some of that progression towards a potential triple threat at Mania with KO getting involved a bit more. KSI did a fantastic job selling the inevitability that he was in the midst in as he realized his fate was awaiting him with Orton.

Nice stuff with the dichotomy of opinions amongst "the locker room" when it comes to Bayley. It's sowing the seeds of her eventually getting help.

Less Kross wrestling and more Kross talking is the formula for me. I liked the segment he did for social media and the subsequent response from the Street Profits. It all circled around Kross manipulating and trying to create dissension from within the Pride. If all of this meandering eventually leads to Ford getting a singles run, I guess it'll be worth it.

Tiffany is getting over still but I'm not sure they know how they want to proceed with her booking wise. The character was easy to read in NXT and it worked, but I think the fact she's gotten over so quickly is making them kind of pause to asses how they should weave her into the picture of everything because the crowd is into her. Either way, she's nailing the PME at her regular rate now and it's puts a bow on everything.

There better be a good payoff to this for Knight with Styles because Knight's momentum is radically shifting in the other direction compared to this time last year.

Good to see Dragon Lee return. That's about all I've got for that.

Social Media Rock and TV Rock have a battle of the ages when it comes to a clock. I get why they saved the answer segment to the end of the show but they really get up against it when it comes to getting everything in before they have to cut to black. I do like the optics of Rock's new entrance. It'll look even better when the ring is relatively empty. Rollins stood out to me, easily, in the segment as he showed some true fire when he heard enough of Rock's spiel. And low and behold, the crowd chanted diarrhea towards the Rock. Mission accomplished, I'd say. Based on how the segment played out, it feels like Rhodes is the guy who really isn't caught up in the electricity of moment and the tension that's being built around him and he's just focused on getting another crack at Reigns. Everyone around him is either needling him or saying they'll take on the brunt of the chaos to help and he's just trying to get to Mania. He plays it off with his reactions to certain comments and it just gives a vibe of "okay, what's next" but not in a negative way. That said, he's shown he's willing to meet the moment when it's necessary and we got the good payoff of that with the slap. Rock's reaction made it seem like he kind of liked it and knew he's either gotten to Rhodes or now he knows Rhodes is someone worthy to stand up to him. Still have a few weeks to go but they're making the big moments matter (albeit there could be a lot of time consolidated along the way), and I'm ready to see all four of these guys work.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friday Night Badgedown Review - 08.03.24

Hello and welcome to Badgedown! Oh look Roman is here mocking security guards. Seth and Cody have also arrived? Will they accept the Rock’s challenge for Night One? We’ll stay tuned and find out when they will inevitably except?

Oh look Mr Logan Paul is here, hooray! What’s he going to be doing at Mania? We shall see! Logan wrestled his first Mania in Dallas apparently. The crowd won’t stop chanting “What?” (well it is Texas, Austin Country). He’s the secret sauce evidently and he has a surprise….oh great we have to put with a Prime bottle in the middle of the ring starting with Mania and PLEs. KSI here too…a double treat! Oh the Viper is here to put an end to this nonsense….he’s about to strike but Logan escapes. KSI was not so lucky though. He’s not letting that bottle of Prime go to waste either!

Owens/Orton vs Theory/Waller is next! Lashley/Kross is coming up later too. Orton kicking Theory’s ass while reminding Waller nobody likes him is pretty sweet. Orton in briefly then Owens tag in and within short order becomes the damsel in distress. Theory has a sweet ass dropkick. Walker tries an RKO to no avail. Orton and Owens clean up with a rather sweet pop-up RKO double team finisher! However celebrations don’t last long as that dastardly Logan tries a brass knuckle attack. However he is thwarted and Orton narrowly avoids hitting Owens with the knucks. Phew! Anyway solid opener that is likely helping build a US title triple threat match.

Mrs Heyman…I mean Kayla Brixton with a sit-down interview with Bayley reflecting on her time with Damage Control and what was fake and what is real. Kayla with a key question of did Bayley get what she had coming? Bayley said she did it all for Iyo and Dakota but now she has no friends. Naomi is looking on and feels bad for Bayley. Bianca is not quite ready to feel bad yet. Bayley is no doubt getting help eventually though.

Lashley vs Kross is up now. Scarlett looking hot as she always does. Kross is shutting down Lashley at nearly every opportunity until Lashley makes a comeback. AOP show up though and the match gets thrown out. The Profits are here to play equaliser though. B-Fab who I keep forgetting is still employed takes out Charlotte. However the Final Testament are just too strong in the end and Kross lays out Lashley with the Final Prayer. Kross looked decent enough in the match though working with Lashley. I sense a big showdown between the stables is probably coming soon. If not at Mania then pre-Mania.

Legado Del Fantasma is bullying and shoving around Dragon Lee backstage. How rude!

Yaaaay it’s Tifffyyyyy tiiiiime!!!! It’s always a fun time! She’s up against Michin. It was okay, fairly dominant win for Tiff after escaping a Styles Clash attempt from Michin who might have been trying to look for approval from Styles. Tiff had to re-do her routine a bit getting up the top rope but still hits the Prettiest Moonsault ever for the win! Michin is just thereabouts, it’s a pity they don’t let her show much personality like she does on UUDD as the Shelby Slayer. Another big win for Tiff though to continue her meteoric rise. Toodles!

Speaking of Styles, he cuts a pre-taped promo calling LA Knight overachieving and under talented and basically promises to end him. LA Knight watches on and is not impressed taking out his frustrations out on “TV Styles.” Just as well these wrestlers get paid well and TVs are just a drop in the bucket to them unlike us poorer folk.

Angel vs Dragon Lee is next. Was kinda hoping it would be Santos but they could be saving that I guess. In a rather amusing moment backstage, Tyler Bate is playing the new WWE2K24 game (because who doesn’t love a cheap plug?) and Dunne stares at him and Tyler says it’s time to do some reps and ask Nick Aldis about the tag title situation at Mania. Dunne then shrugs and starts playing the game! Anyway back to Angel/Lee. Starts off well then poor Lee gets suckered in with the old “fake injury” routine and Angel takes over. Dragon Lee makes the comeback for the win in a short but steady affair. However he suffers a post-match beatdown by the heels because LWO aren’t around. Booooo!!!!!

Damage Ctrl reminding Bayley that she was never in Ctrl and that it was Iyo’s vision from day one. Dakota then speaks and we get Dakota vs Bayley for next week. Cool to see Dakota finally getting back to the ring! Meanwhile the security Aldis set up to sit on Seth and Cody all night seem to have screwed up because they’re not in their locker room.

Back to the arena now and the Godly Reigns theme plays as the Bloodline come to the ring. Rock of course gets his own entrance because he’s all important and shit. The crowd seem to be pro-Rocky this week while The Wise Man hands Roman the mic. Roman looks to for an acknowledgment but then has a kinda bro hug with the Rock. It’s acknowledgment US now! Now the whole group needs reassurance that people are paying attention to them! However Cody and Seth immediately interrupt but they make their way through the unwashed masses.

There’s a bit of waiting while they soak up the various crowd reactions. Cody attempts to stir the pot between Roman and Rock for making decisions without his consent after acknowledging him as tribal chief. He seems about to accept the challenge before Rock tells him and the walking clown show who hasn’t opened his mouth yet to shut said mouths. Rock reiterates the stakes while the crowd with an amusing “Dairrhoea” chant. Seth then accepts the challenge and now Roman is trying to stir the pot questioning why Cody is allowing Seth to speak for him. He then goes onto say that while their own relatives are looking down on them proud. Dusty is just looking down though and Rock goes onto say that since Cody is the youngest of three then that means he was a mistake which earns him a slap mirroring the Press Conference segment . Then the show ends.

An all around good show this week with some build. Not as high as last week’s show though the crowd helped a bit.

I give this show seven Badgers and a cub (eg seven and a half) out of ten setts!

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's the 3rd sexiest Legado member.

Yeah, I said it.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah will say in advance. Working solid Friday, Saturday and a meal out on Sunday afternoon. Sunday night will squeeze in Badgedown review.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive been a bit cold on Rocks promos up until now. Felt a bit like he is aiming for the best versions of himself, but ends up being a bit rambly and falling short of what it could have been. Like I enjoy revisiting heel Rock, but it is has been missing something.

Then there was this.

I feel like the Rocks promo tonight was by a country mile the best he has been in years. Perfect mix of all versions of himself and then finishing it off with the new ruthless side of Hollywood Rock. Loved it

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
    Ive been a bit cold on Rocks promos up until now. Felt a bit like he is aiming for the best versions of himself, but ends up being a bit rambly and falling short of what it could have been. Like I enjoy revisiting heel Rock, but it is has been missing something.

Then there was this.

I feel like the Rocks promo tonight was by a country mile the best he has been in years. Perfect mix of all versions of himself and then finishing it off with the new ruthless side of Hollywood Rock. Loved it
    From this, I feel this could be a good Badgedown review when I get round to watching and reviewing the show on Sunday.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guessing the Street Profits beat AOP, then AOP cost them against Waller/Theory, leading to the obligatory 'Extreme Rules' match in Philly between the 2 factions. Escobar and Mysterio ends next week by DQ to set up their own gimmick match (mask vs hair?) at 'Mania. And Bianca saves the day against Damage Control leading to Bianca/Naomi challenging for the tag titles.

Night 1:

Rock/Reigns vs. Rhodes/Rollins
    Rhea vs. Becky
    Gunther vs. Zayn
    Asuka/Sane vs. Bianca/Naomi
    Uso vs. Uso
    Styles vs. Knight
    Judgment Day vs. BSS vs. Waller/Theory vs. Awesome Truth vs. New Day vs. DIY

Night 2:

Reigns vs. Rhodes
    Rollins vs. McIntyre
    Sky vs. Bayley
    Paul vs. Orton vs. Owens
    Mysterio vs. Escobar
    Lashley/Profits vs. Kross/AOP
    Andre Battle Royal

Would be a pretty damn good card. Thank god it's 2 nights nowadays, best move they've made.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While not a fan of these 30 minute Bloodline/Rock show openers they have been effective storytelling

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw people talking up Theory taking a Stunner into an RKO so I dialed up the clip. Looked goofy as hell. Man paused after the Stunner and then straight-up leaped into the RKO. Not smooth.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I saw people talking up Theory taking a Stunner into an RKO so I dialed up the clip. Looked goofy as hell. Man paused after the Stunner and then straight-up leaped into the RKO. Not smooth.
    There's selling and there's overselling. That went above overselling. It looked like some shit that would be a glitch in a wrestling game.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This stood out because Theory is normally so good at selling.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rock's social media promo prior to Smackdown was the best one he's done. If you didn't see it, you got the gist of it on Smackdown. If you didn't know any better, the main event of this year's Mania was Rhodes vs. Rock. It's really setting things up where Rock pins Rhodes in the tag match and that's the ready-made match later in the year.

The mechanics for finalizing the Six-Pack Challenge participants is way too complicated for what it should be. Kind of wild that NEITHER team in the second tag match of the night got an entrance lol.

As expected, we've got the Triple Threat for the US Championship. Owens' reaction was pretty fantastic to the reveal, and Paul's was good, too. It should be fun a match, clearly. I think the triple threat saves the potential of a match between Orton and Paul for further down the road if they want to go there, and it creates another out if they want to keep the reign going a bit longer for Paul. That certainly could be in play with Summerslam being in his neck of the woods. Honestly, Orton and Owens don't need that championship. Do they need motivated stories? Yes, but they don't need the gold to make that be the case.

Kind of a waste of opportunity in terms of Lee/Escobar again but it served the purpose in terms of getting some more heat on Escobar.

Nice to see Bayley/Dakota get the main event.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; March 17th, 2024 at 10:31 PM.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From this, I feel this could be a good Badgedown review when I get round to watching and reviewing the show on Sunday.
    Sorry been a bit busy plus also Final Fantasy VII Rebirth taking up some time lol.

I’ll review this after work tonight.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Imagine if the wrestlers got caught up in Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, and never wrestled. Then there'd be nothing to review.

I'm disappointed in the procrastination, @Badger.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine if the wrestlers got caught up in Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, and never wrestled. Then there'd be nothing to review.

I'm disappointed in the procrastination, @Badger.
    Well they can review Rebirth instead lol. Creed probably does it anyway on UUDD (haven't checked there in a while) as he's big FF VII mark.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the process of reviewing it but just wanted to give a shout already to the return of the Rock heel theme and that fantastic concert!!!!

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Badgedown Review - Friday Night Smackdown 15.03.24

Okay welcome to this somewhat delayed Badgedown review of Friday’s show. Sorry, work, life and Final Fantasy VII Rebirth got in the way.

Disclaimer: I may or may not be on time with these reviews until I complete the game lol.

Anyway, we start by recapping the Rock/Roman and Seth/Cody segment from last werk. Walking clown emoji is such a fantastic insult!

The show starts proper with Mr Dwayne Johnson coming down. I guess everyone’s grandfathers are watching again…oh wait, a music change to heel theme midway through his entrance! Nice going to be loving this already I think. Anyway fans won’t stop chanting his name. Rock says he will not scorch this city because it’s different this time. He started right there in Memphis and reminds us he started as Flex Javana so he come back…hoooome!! Oh look..a Rock concert??? A drunken horny honey loves the Rock. This first song is great as he promises to layers the Smackdown on blondie and his best Mr Clown. He then recounts the Rhodes family legacy that is completely accurate by the way. I am fucking loving this!!!! A song for Seth too..nice Becky shot! This is just fantastic!!! Oooh the Cody crybabies.”Have to pay cash!” Hahahahahaaassddfds!!!!! Fifteen Badgers out of Ten Setts just for this concert.

Oh…segment’s still going. Rock reminds us that Cody slapped him. Rock embarasses him more because he was crying lol. He then addresses his Mama oooohhh!!! He promises to make her and everyone else pay! He promises Mama Rhodes that he will beat her son with the…Brahma belt??? Fantastic opening segment though…heel Rock (even if he’s turning at Mania) is such a joy to watch!

Up next it’s Legado Del Fantasma vs LWO to qualify for the Mania 6 pack ladder match. Nice somersaults by LWO there. The heels take over after the break. The faces try to come back into it with a rafter nifty tag team finisher where the opponent is the thrown into the air then kicked in the ribs on the way down. A solid affair.

LA knight is being interviewed on his search for AJ Styles. He gives an impassioned promo until he is blasted from behind by AH who accepts his challenge for Mania….emphatically!!!

I Logan Paul is backstage with Nick ALDIs demanding that Randy apologise for RKOinf his business partner. However Nick suggests Logan extract an apology from Orton himself. Anyway Grayson Waller vs Randy Orton is after the break. Backstage Kayla Brixton asks Heyman to marry her…I mean asks if the Bloodine has an official response to Jey Uso’s Mania challenge to Jimmy who promptly accepts the challenge and says YEEEEETTTT!!!!

Now we have Orton vs Waller with Logan Paul as special commentator. The match starts with Waller blindsiding Orton but this is quickly turned around. However a distraction by Waller’s douchebag tag buddy and Waller with a rolling…something move onto Orton and plants his face onto the announce table. Pretty build-up but awkward finish. However after the break Orton is dominating and back suplexes him onto the announce table. Orton RKOs Waller in short order for the 1-2-3. Fun match. Afterwards douchebag buddy, Logan kisses him on the forehead for some reason and winds up his titanium fist. Owens doesn’t like that and runs out to put a stop to it. After a slight misunderstanding between Owens and Orton, tag douchebag takes a stunner and RKO. Nick Aldis finally makes that triple threat US title match between Logan, Owens and Orton. Logan is not a happy camper.

Damage CTRL is interviewed backstage and Dakota explains they had to go stronger and cut Bayley loose. Dakota vs Bayley is coming up later.

Escobar vs Dragon Lee is next with LDF at ringside to support Escobar. As you’d expect this is good nice fast-paced stuff although a tad on the short side. Lee does his best but the numbers game is too great and Escobar wins. After the match, LDG beat Lee down until Carlito makes the save. Escobar drops him though then Rey comes out and after a brief exchange challenge Escobar to a match next week. This should be gooood. Would’ve been nicer at Mania but guess the cars is too stacked as it is so understandable if that is the case.

Pretty Deadly vs British Strong Style is next in another qualifier for the 6 pack ladder match. This is a barnburner between 4 Brit guys who all know each other very very well. Pete especially is kicking arms and taking fingers! Anyways, after a lot of great back and forth action, British Strong Style take this with that double Burning Hammer move which really should have been a finisher when they fought Judgement Day. Well better late than never I guess as it now appears that it is a finisher.

Finally, we have our main event of Bayley vs Dakota Kai in her long awaited return to the ring from injury. The fans after chanting “Whoop That Trick” for the second time tonight. That’s a very good sign. Once Trick is a bit more seasoned in NXT, he’ll be a big main roster hit I reckon. Anyway back to the match, Dakota tries her best but Bayley is in control before we hit break. After break, various distractions get the better of Bayley and Dakota takes over and she gets to shine for a bit. Bayley takes over again though but Dakota gets a nice overhead kick in. However this gets thrown out as Danage CTRL moved to take Bayley out. However she has help from Naomi who after a brief rally, the numbers game gets the better of them again. The fans wanted EST but she did not appear. Eventually though, she will more than likely help out.

Aaaaand this review is a wrap. TWENTY-FOUR Badgers out of 10 setts!!!! 9 for the overall show but as mentioned, 15 just for that hilarious Rock concert alone!!!

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I am getting to the point that I am ok with Rock beating Cody at Night One. Still think the Bloodline needs to end.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Having all of Damage Control at ringside is just dumb, from every angle. At least back in the day, you'd need the old 'manager's licence' etc. It's just lazy now.

Not a huge deal, but just makes little sense. Makes Bayley look thick, the referee look thick, Aldis look thick.

Just one of those small things in the grand scheme of things that just irritates me.

Show was decent again though, overall.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Bayley is quite thick

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Ha, in a good way, aye.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Having all of Damage Control at ringside is just dumb, from every angle. At least back in the day, you'd need the old 'manager's licence' etc. It's just lazy now.

Not a huge deal, but just makes little sense. Makes Bayley look thick, the referee look thick, Aldis look thick.

Just one of those small things in the grand scheme of things that just irritates me.

Show was decent again though, overall.
    Yeah it's been a bit up and down the way they've booked this. Bayley picking up on their Japanese language was a great reveal but at the same time, this whole Dakota thing has made her look like a bit of an eedjit.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay will be tomorrow before I have a chance to do the proper Badgedown review and my arbitrary ratings!

However I’m going to give 8 Badgers to Dom already because I LOVE him screwing Rey yet again to keep up with continuity!!! When that mask came off I was smiling from ear to ear!!!!

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wade: “That’s Rey Mysterio who’s in the ring!”

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know @Tempest probably enjoyed Rey getting screwed with too lol.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On his birthday too! Happy Birthday!!

Welcome to the 41 club….it doesn’t get any easier lol.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see Cody’s been getting some heat by fans about Rhodes beating the first team to beat the Shield.

Yeah Rhodes claimed he was in the first team to beat the Shield when it was Kane, Bryan and Orton. It does cause some confusion!!!!

At first I thought he was referencing him and Goldust beating them for jobs/titles but then I thought…”Hang on…that still doesn’t make sense!” Think a slight flaw in writing in an otherwise great promo.

Anyway full Badgedown review tomorrow night.
    Last edited by Badger; March 23rd, 2024 at 12:52 PM.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe @BGMaverick can make sense of Cody’s Shield comment.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outside of the early slip by Rey, the opener was good. Kind of interesting to see Dom circle his way back into orbit of his father. If they're going to shoehorn a match on the card, I guess it's possible we see an 8-man match with LWO versus LDF/JD.

Something got into Karl Anderson because he had a pretty nice hot tag in the matchup against A-Town Down Under. I presume the winners here will actually make it to the Ladder Match and I imagine the two of them generate a fun spot out of that one.

They've got to get a hook for us to really care more about Bayley within the next week. Bianca is channeling her inner Drew McIntyre and she feels like the more compelling character as opposed to Bayley. On top of that, the infusion of character development for Bianca is better late than never. Back to the point, they've got to further extrapolate while Bayley is really motivated to win the championship and do so against IYO. Had the idea of the tag titles defended but the reveal of Jade next week makes me think they could go six-woman tag as an option (Bianca, Naomi, Jade vs. Kabuki Warriors and Dakota).

"I said on sight! Yeah!" That was funny to me. One thing is certain: Samoa Joe would NOT want any of the smoke this time around if he went after Wendy because Styles is absolutely yoked right now. Goodness. Certainly can tell that he's using the time not being on TV by being in the weight room. Lord.

Final Testament (Kross by association) is doing what they do: zap the energy out of whoever they're tangling with. Looking at where we were when the Pride was formed to now, it's certainly be bungled.

Sports Science Breakker is a nice presentation. Considering Smackdown got Breakker AND Jade, that show is really going to be packed to the gils with talent.

Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Reigns, who has been the center of attention, might fall to the fourth-character in this story because Rhodes and to some extent Rollins need to elevate.
    One promo segment doesn't make a point validated but this promo was pretty subpar for what we've been seeing. I was intrigued by the fact there was over 15 minutes left in the show and this was getting started. There could've been a lot of material delivered but it was really bland and disappointing.

- You're stupid. Don't trust your partner. You're a No. 2.
    - I'm not stupid. Don't trust your partner. I'm the 1.

I think it was a misfire and while Reigns didn't do a lot of McAfee's show earlier in the day but it was better than what we saw in this segment. Rhodes wasn't that much better but the overall character was presented well because the face was, in fact, not an idiot and had backup.

Maybe @BGMaverick can make sense of Cody’s Shield comment.
    Much ado about nothing to me. WWE crafting a story to fit their narrative because the actual first win consists of Orton and one person retired and the other in the other company lol.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably….

Yeah the Badgedown Review is going to be tardy this week. Things have got on top of me the last few days but off on Wednesday so will bust it out then.

Thank God I put a disclaimer up after the last review that for the time being, these things may be late especially playing FFV Rebirth lol.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friday Night Badgedown Review - 22.03.24

Sorry for this Badgedown review for Friday’s show coming today. Better late than never but here we go. This is actually a rewatch so it’ll be somewhat more muted in my reactions to matches and segments than usual as not a live watch. Anyway here we go.

Up first we have Rey vs Santos with both factions banned from ringside. Nasty slip on the ropes from Rey possibly tweaking his knee at the start. A brief flurry from Rey but then Santos takes back over briefly before Rey rallies with a pretty sweet sliding splash to the floor before we go to break. After the break Santos is back in control punishing Rey before the latter fights back but is shut down again. The fight spills to the outside and Rey gets Santos back in the ring before a masked Mysterio attacks Rey. I had watched it live and marked but loved the reveal of Dom who trips his deadbeat dad up and then Santos gets a 6-1-9 then puts him away with the Phantam Driver for the 1-2-3. A good match that focused on Rey being somewhat rusty in his in-ring return but more about the great finish.

Backstage Bayley and Naomi talk backstage. Bayley appreciates Naomi being a friend. Bianca shows up and reminds Bayley that actions have consequences before Naomi splits them up. Naomi and Bianca talk more backstage with Cody signing autographs with Naomi trying to get Bianca onside in the fight against Damage Ctrl. Bianca has some food for thought.

Up next we have Waller/Theory vs the Good Brothers (the OC) in a Tag Team Championship Tournament match. The OC take early control with Karl Anderson performing an uncharacteristic dive to the outside before we go to break. After we come back from break, the OC are still in control with Gallows hitting a nice choke slam from Theory and even Michin performing an arm drag on Waller. Nice flipping neckbreaker from Anderson. Gallows is slightly moving around gingerly but cleans house. They attempt a Magic Killer but Waller interrupts and Theory rolls up Gallows with the feet on the ropes for the 1-2-3. The dreaded roll up of death strikes again! Glad to see Theory and Waller advance but I bet AJ is not happy with the OC and still won’t be their friend.

A vignette from Bron Breakker showing off his impressive athletic ability and stats. A sport science if you will. Really likes this and I wonder if Heyman will attempt to recruit him at some point.

Up next we have Naomi vs Io Sky. However Io is busy beating Bayley up backstage to keep her out the match. Iyo takes control early before Naomi rallies back with her athletic offense and the crowd on her side before we go to break. After break, Naomi is still in control with a nice crossbody and then beating her down in the corner with a splash for a near fall. However Iyo storms back with a Meteora. Naomi fights back and hits a superplex for a near fall. Naomi with a Heat Seeker before Damage Ctrl get involved and the numbers are too great for Naomi. Iyo with the Over the Moonsault for the 1-2-3. Nice back and forth athletic/slug fest match with Naomi looking strong in defeat.

The post-match beatdown begins on Naomi. Will Bianca come out to help? Yes she does after Naomi gets misted. Bianca is laying waste to the whole faction however her knee gets taken out and Damage Ctrl beat her down too. Surely Naomi, Bayley and Bianca can all get on the same page now??

A vignette for Jade Cargill airs as she is coming to Smackdown. Her first official appearance is on next week’s show. Also s promo for s Bray Wyatt documentary on April 1st. I will certainly be watching that!! Backstage Tiffy mocks Naomi getting help from Bianca. A future feud perhaps? Next Owens is talking with ALDIs before Pretty Deadly interrupt and start bickering. A tag team match for next week is set up when Orton shows up. Owens with a hilarious bit double punching Pretty Deadly, love that running gag!!

Next we have AJ training at his house from the night before when Knight is honking his horn before they brawl. However the police show up to arrest Knight. I like this aggressive side to Knight and should be a good one at Mania.

Next we have Street Profits vs AOP in the second Tag Team Championship tournament match of the night. AOP take control on Dawkins to begin with before the Street Profits fight back. Montez tries a five to the outside but is caught by AOP and powerbombed into Dawkins on the outside in a cool looking spot before we go to break. After break, we have AOP very much looking dominant tossing Ford around who eventually gets the hot tag to Dawkins who cleans house. AOP take over again and hit the Final Chapter on Ford before Dawkins breaks up the cover attempt. AOP attempt to finish off Ford but Dawkins hits a pounce and Ford with a nice looking inside cradle for the 1-2-3. A nice match and comeback win for the Profits as the Final Testament have had it their own way for a while.

Heyman is backstage calling his Tribal Chief to tell him Cody is on his own. The Tribal Chief promptly arrives on the scene sporting a new Family Above All hoodie. Up next we have a face to face in the ring between Roman and Cody. Reigns is our first with the Cody chants from the crowd. Roman promises there’s no Bloodline (aye right then) before Cody makes his way down to ringside. Cody says if Roman came alone then he would. Roman calls him a fool and says Cody is not fit to be on top as the company face and trying to convince him that Seth will turn on him just like he turned his back on the Shield. Cody however reminds him that he remembers the Shield and that the first team to beat them that their last name was Rhodes. Kinda lazy creative writing I feel at this point as the actual first team to beat the Shield were Kane, Orton and Bryan but then we’re not supposed to remember that apparently. Anyway, Cody asks the crowd if he can trust Seth and they scream to tell him they think he can. Cody then turns around the question and asks Reigns if he can trust the Rock and who’s really in charge? Roman responds by saying that Cody is spinning lies like a politician just full of empty promises because he is number 2 to his own number 1 forever. Cody reminds them both about how they both grew up in the industry rattling off legends names before saying the next generation will want to grow up to be the next Reigns. Cody says when it comes to defeating Reigns at Manis then he is the one, not number 2. Roman then supposedly leaves refusing Cody’s handshake but then snaps his fingers and Jimmy and Solo approach through the crowd. However Cody is not alone either as he has Jey and Seth with him. They both lied to each other, what a shock!! Anyway, there’s a stand-off between the two sides and the show ends.

Final thoughts are some good in-ring action, Naomi and Iyo was my favourite overall of the night but the best match ending goes to Dom interfering of course. The actual match between Rey and Santos was okay but could’ve been better. I hope they get another chance to go full tilt later on. I sense a Santos/Dom vs Rey/Carlito tag match coming soon. Overall though, some good build for Mania. Cody’s first team to beat the Shield line was a bit off I felt and could’ve been written better but otherwise a very solid promo and ending between Reigns and Rhodes.

Overall I’ll give this show 8 Badgers out of 10 Setts. I’ll try and do the next review probably Sunday if I can but remember the Disclaimer lol.