Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Friday Night Smackdown Thread

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    This draft would be much better if they had someone picking draft picks instead of Stephanie just yelling out names. Ric Flair and Vince picking back in the day was awesome. Authority figures are a tired schtick I agree, but they could have come up with some creative way to pick the draft picks.
    That's what I was saying in the Draft thread. Stephanie out there makes it all feel less organic, that every pick was planned, like the New Day draft. You mean to tell me FOX and USA sat down beforehand and told each other who they were going to pick? If you're trying to suspend disbelief and portraying the draft as "random", what sense did that New Day pick make? Zero.

But you know...Stephanie wasn't on camera for a month so she had to show us the goods.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    “With the first pick in tonight’s draft, Daddy decides, er I mean RAW selects Drew McIntyre...”

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Daniel Bryan returns tomorrow

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    How long do we have to put up with this Lars Sullivan bullshit? He is so fucking boring.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll watch for Bryan in the morning on the replay and the New Day’s last match.

Probably about it and probably still better than Raw unless the BG review says otherwise.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roman as a heel is his best work he is amazing right now

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was hoping for a five second championship match with strowman powerslamming roman in quick fashion much like lesnar vs kofi last year

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do like the fact that the opening segment was trying to establish that things were reseting in some ways based on the rotation of rosters. I don't know why Triple H needed to be there, as Stephanie was essentially the figurehead of the draft but alas, he was there. It seemed like the two objectives were to make thing fresh and present the new monster in Lars Sullivan.

They're certainly not being bashful in terms of calling Sullivan a freak. He was set for a major push before he was exiled/injured and I guess the time away didn't change their course so they must really see him as special. Other than his frame, I'm not so sure what they see. He was pretty much given a showcase here with a somewhat convincing win over Hardy...so I guess we'll see what they cook up.

Woo boy, the video package for Bianca was killer! The EST segments she had on Raw as of late felt corny with her presentation but this was modern, flashy and made her look like a star. Simple but utterly fantastic.

Sometimes we can't have it both ways when it comes to critiquing the flimsy integrity of the brand split. They certainly made the segment with The New Day important and special, signifying their time together was done for now. The farewell was sincere and outright emotional, meaning you could tell that this moment hit them very hard. They've hit moments of being stale but they were an extremely bankable trio for WWE so I'm glad they were given the proper time to share their stories and feelings. Three of them came across brothers who uncomfortably had to say goodbye but would enjoy one last time together before that. Awesome segment.

Hey, we got a temporary reunion of The Bar. That was fun. I do like how commentary made the effort to suggest Cesaro has been a constant thorn in the side of New Day. Last night together and New Day was busting out new moves. I just continue to marvel at how damn good Cesaro is in the ring. Doesn't matter the style, he always adapts. This match was just crazy-ass good, and I was remarkably pleased with how fun this match was. I do like the fact that they had E get the pin for the win. If he's staying, give him the spotlight with the pin in a fun match. The hugging from New Day at the end was a fine finale for an emotional and entertaining stretch of the show.

Zayn and Otis working together is probably going to serve both well. Won't be massive, I presume, but it'll allow them to transition to whatever is next for both of them with this being a buffer.

Obviously wasn't presented in full on the show but Brie tweeting a picture of the kids watching Bryan on Smackdown was cute. Man oh man, don't tease with the idea of a Rollins/Bryan feud to ultimately show more of the Murphy, Mysterios stuff. It's good to have Bryan back in the mix. I anticipate it will lead to fun TV matches for Bryan but I'm guessing it'll ultimately serve to put others over.

Deflating debut for the Street Profits, but that was mainly due to the stupid booking of the match. As as I expected, Monday presented Ziggler and Roode as worthy foes for New Day, thus presenting an opportunity to take on the Street Profits. Smackdown doesn't have a lot in terms of outright obvious workable tag teams at the moment so this is probably going to last for a while until they sort that division out.

Contract signing was pretty routine but Bayley and Sasha enhanced it. They overdelivered in terms of the banter that come from these because they're invested in telling the story. The wrinkle came in the form of Bayley not signing, so I'm guessing they feel they have something that will help entice her to sign or Sasha will forcibly make her sign.

My only issue from the main event was the threat commentary kept trying to present that Smackdown was in a compromising situation where Strowman could leave the brand empty handed. No one believed that would be the case, but they kept alluding to it. Also felt outright underwhelming that Goldberg and Keith Lee were part of the Thunderdome and they barely acknowledged it. They've got to do a better job of framing/lighting that setup when they try to zoom in because it's gross when they try. Strowman and Reigns have extremely strong chemistry together so they manufactured a solid match here. Love how Reigns continues to turn the tide of a match with the low blow when he kicks out. Reigns using a submission for the finish was a nice wrinkle, too. That's necessary with the stip at HIAC.

The bigger story, as it should have been, was what happened after the match. Reigns outright wrecking Strowman with the chair just further establishes him as someone you don't want to cross. He tried to bait Uso with the free shot with his back turned and Uso begrudgingly not taking that only to do it face-to-face showed that he's not as ruthless as Reigns but he's tired of being belittled. I didn't like how Reigns popped right back up for the Superman punch after two chair shots. I would have liked if he sold a bit longer then we get what we saw: him striking as Uso was held by officials to make it an utter cheap shot. That extra selling would have made it more impactful that Uso got to him. Oh well...these two are handling the story well.

Relatively depleted women's division = no women's match on the show. Gotta fix that.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; October 17th, 2020 at 1:13 AM.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved that Reigns did that low blow out the cover again and appears to now be part of his arsenal.. It’s foolproof lol.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The WWE universe: “Heel Roman Reigns is fucking awesome. What took the company so fucking long?”

Vinnie Mac: “Who’s getting fired for not doing this earlier?”

When Roman turned his back on Jey, dared him to take the shot with the steel chair, I thought “This is awesome”. When Jey punched then superkicked Roman, I marked the fuck out. For Jey Uso.

We, as wrestling fans, have resigned ourselves to the fact that Roman is the next wrestler in the Hogan-Rock-Cena family tree; might be more beneficial to the business to use him to make other superstars rather than destroying them.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are they really going to have Sasha go 0-3 in the Cell? The feud is just getting started, so I understand not wanting to put the belt on her yet, but having her take another loss in there is pretty rough.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, Mick Foley never won a single Hell in a Cell match.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Are they really going to have Sasha go 0-3 in the Cell? The feud is just getting started, so I understand not wanting to put the belt on her yet, but having her take another loss in there is pretty rough.
    That doesn't seem like a major albatross at this point.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uso/Reigns stuff was brilliant, no doubt they’ll tear the thunderdome down at HITC. What a feud it’s been.

Feel like New Day needed a better sent and made a better deal of the send off. Understand though with everything going on.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Uso/Reigns stuff was brilliant, no doubt they’ll tear the thunderdome down at HITC. What a feud it’s been.

Feel like New Day needed a better sent and made a better deal of the send off. Understand though with everything going on.
    Like I said previously, this feud has gotten me invested in Jey Uso, to the point where I want to see what he can do as a singles wrestler afterwards. Maybe add him to the IC title mix?

How they proceed with Big E has got me especially curious. They split up one of their most successful, both in-ring and merchandise sales, tag teams of all time, so they obviously have a lot of belief in him as a singles star. Is it potentially “take the belt off Roman Reigns at WrestleMania” belief? New theme music? New ring attire?

A great Wrestling Forum discussion would be New Day’s place in the pantheon of the all-time great tag teams: Harlem Heat, The Dudley Boyz, Edge and Christian, The Hardy Boyz, Demolition, Hart Foundation, New Age Outlaws, etc...

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No doubt New Day belong in that conversation as one of the best especially of the last 20 years, no doubt. Imagine if they were around in the peak eras of tag-team wrestling they would have been 100x bigger. For them to accomplish what they have in a promotion that does not give a fuck about tag-team wrestling is remarkable.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Like I said previously, this feud has gotten me invested in Jey Uso, to the point where I want to see what he can do as a singles wrestler afterwards. Maybe add him to the IC title mix?

How they proceed with Big E has got me especially curious. They split up one of their most successful, both in-ring and merchandise sales, tag teams of all time, so they obviously have a lot of belief in him as a singles star. Is it potentially “take the belt off Roman Reigns at WrestleMania” belief? New theme music? New ring attire?

A great Wrestling Forum discussion would be New Day’s place in the pantheon of the all-time great tag teams: Harlem Heat, The Dudley Boyz, Edge and Christian, The Hardy Boyz, Demolition, Hart Foundation, New Age Outlaws, etc...
    No doubt they deserve to be in there with those great tag teams.

As for Big E I’m happy he’s getting a push and probably has too come away from New Day and the time is right now. I can’t see nothing other than him taking the belt from Reigns at next year’s Wrestlemania.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Big E's story is true that the next big main event push was either going to be for him or Roman 5-6 years ago, and they chose Roman, there could be a really good story to tell.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You left out the very best tag team of this generation. The best since Day One-ish. The New Day would not be nearly as well thought of if they didn't have the Uso's to work with. The New Day also has to be rated fairly because they had the benefit of having 50% more workers. It's like asking, were the Dudleyz 50% better when they had Spike with them? No disrespect to Spike, a talented guy who made the most of his gimmick, but Bubba Ray and Devon were great before, during, and after working with Spike. But I will agree that the New Day belongs in the discussion, as they are arguably leaders in one category - merch sold.

I really liked the fact that the New Day were given a proper ending - without one member turning heel on the others. Since all good things end, I choose to look forward to their next chapters.

Uso and Reigns are absolutely killing their story. I can't decide what feud I am enjoying more right now, them or Bayley/Sasha.

Since New Day are coming to Raw, without much to work with, I'd like to see R-Truth, or maybe Erik, approach them to say that "I heard you have an opening for a new member of your group" Erik could audition, and try to do a Big E Split. R-Truth could shine by either not getting a chance to ask them if he keeps getting interrupted by someone chasing him for the 24/7 title, or by misunderstanding their answer, coming out to join their match - My Bad.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    You left out the very best tag team of this generation. The best since Day One-ish. The New Day would not be nearly as well thought of if they didn't have the Uso's to work with. The New Day also has to be rated fairly because they had the benefit of having 50% more workers. It's like asking, were the Dudleyz 50% better when they had Spike with them? No disrespect to Spike, a talented guy who made the most of his gimmick, but Bubba Ray and Devon were great before, during, and after working with Spike. But I will agree that the New Day belongs in the discussion, as they are arguably leaders in one category - merch sold.

I really liked the fact that the New Day were given a proper ending - without one member turning heel on the others. Since all good things end, I choose to look forward to their next chapters.

Uso and Reigns are absolutely killing their story. I can't decide what feud I am enjoying more right now, them or Bayley/Sasha.

Since New Day are coming to Raw, without much to work with, I'd like to see R-Truth, or maybe Erik, approach them to say that "I heard you have an opening for a new member of your group" Erik could audition, and try to do a Big E Split. R-Truth could shine by either not getting a chance to ask them if he keeps getting interrupted by someone chasing him for the 24/7 title, or by misunderstanding their answer, coming out to join their match - My Bad.
    Do you remember when they did a storyline sort of like this where Titus was trying to be the 4th member? Hilarious. Titus might be a terrible wrestler but he can be pretty fuckin entertaining when it's the right moment. Sometimes he's not even intentionally funny like when he did the slip and slide routine and almost killed himself.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Smackdown was going to only tease Bryan and Rollins last week, it looks like they're going to make good with another pairing that could be just as interesting in Bryan and Owens. It still blows my mind when he gets enough time to display his growth but Bryan has really, really come a long way over the last decade-plus in terms of his promo skills and charisma. Owens is a guy who is sharp and can make scripted or loosely scripted stuff come off as totally natural and I think Bryan's gotten to that point so you could see them riffing off each other didn't come across so manufactured. They were the key components that made a rather formulaic segment entertaining.

The eight-man tag match was really solid but that wasn't a surprise. Good on commentary noting why Bryan was absent once the match came back from break. Good story within the match of Bryan selling a self-inflicted injury to his knee and the heels trying to exploit that. Dawkins looked particularly good with his hot tag. I don't think I've really seen that kind of energy from him in that manner, so that was nice to see. The backstage segment was absolutely hilarious, mainly due to Bryan's unintentional comedy via dialogue. The stuff with Owens, Bryan, and Zayn has all the makings of solid stuff.

Commentary is laying it on thick with how much of a big deal Bianca is and ultimately will be. Not mad about that whatsoever. Zelina was solid with her role in the match and I think she's got potential to shine in a division lacking depth, but this match was all about shining up Bianca. Impressive showing for her.

New week, continued lack of disinterest in Sullivan but I am intrigued to see this newfound interest in getting Gable time to reset his character. He's got personality and can let it shine but he's lost his way over several years. Hopefully this reset can go somewhere.

Nice go-home segment for Bayley and Sasha. I expect their matchup Sunday to be right in the running for MOTN.

The Law & Otis segments were up and down in terms of the comedy but I thought it was good enough to be passable. Silly premise but an inevitable results. Either way, this hopefully means the briefcase is going to be cashed in sooner rather than later.

Rollins/Murphy was extremely solid. This hopefully closes the loop between these two. This match was worked at a rate stronger than your typical TV match. I know they had a skirmish on Raw prior to the draft and Rollins ultimately got the last laugh but it's good that it was given a proper match to send this off to the finish line. Seems like Rollins SHOULD move on to something else with Murphy dealing with the Mysterios all on his own but I guess they're leaving the door open to sadly keep this going. This match did provide a breakout opportunity for Murphy. Time will tell if that is actually the case.

Closing segment with The Usos and Reigns was riveting. This has been a fantastic feud. The "consequences" are kind of vague, though. If they don't comply and serve Reigns, would The Usos have to be banished to Raw, are they basically lifeless bodies on Smackdown? Regardless, this has been wonderful storytelling and these two guys have absolutely knocked it out of the park. Even with Bayley/Sasha finally squaring off, this probably is the most-anticipated match for the weekend.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada

Quick hits (10/23):

-Bryan/Owens would be amazing, inject that shit right to my veins please.
    -Bianca impressed me in the ring, gets a huge assist from Vega who bumped her ass off. Not sure I’m quite ready to see Belair push for the women’s belt quite yet, going over in a feud with Natalya would be extremely beneficial to her. Natalya challenging the ESTedness seems like a logical step.
    -Reason #5000 why Vinnie Mac needs to step away, he’s the only one who gives a shit about Lars Sullivan. How long can Lars be the wannabe intimidating tough guy who destroys jobbers, eventually he’s going to need to talk and perform against guys of similar size. Corbin is taller albeit lighter, Big E is a similar build, Braun (Lars’ alleged Mania opponent) makes him look small and unathletic.
    -This Murphy/Rollins split is way rushed. The progression (regression?) of this storyline does a huge disservice to Dom, who looked so impressive courtesy of Seth. I imagine Rollins is due some time off for when his kid is due, hopefully Dom is the one that puts him out to regain his juice. Heel Reigns versus a returning face Rollins (in the Spring) could be interesting, probably moreso than their first go round where the roles were the opposite.
    -Jey/Roman has been money, the reappearance of Jimmy adds another layer to this storyline.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy to hear Shorty G is dead. Long live Chad Gable.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Bryan is the new Terry Taylor.

This samoan storyline would be cooler if the Usos were fat.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Cesaro's still got it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jey Uso stepped up with his emotion to start the show. I felt like he leveled up in that regard when comparing how he was at the start of this feud. Reigns just being smug and soulless served as a taste of sickness for Uso. One has their heart bleeding and the other doesn't care and is just about himself. This is hard storytelling for WWE to navigate but they continue to really add substance to this one.

So Owens is just going with jeans now? Seems like he's been wearing them more but the situations seems liked he was informally put in fighting situations or "street fight" scenarios. Not a bad call, but just an interesting choice, lol. It was going to be impressive if Ziggler/Owens had ample time, which they did, and they had a bad match. The counter by Ziggler off the pop-up powerbomb into the fameasser was pretty cool. I appreciate logic here. Raw would have had Ziggler win for stupid reasons so I'm glad we're seeing the outright obvious acceptance that Owens is higher in the pecking order for Smackdown.

I'll give Smackdown credit this week with Sullivan. I feel like we're getting closer to him having a name change to just The Freak, but this felt like sincere interest in developing him. Be that as it may...I'm still not that interested, but kudos to them for putting in some effort.

Cole did make me chuckle when Natalya was referenced as The BOAT by saying she's hopefully not the Titanic for the match. The triple threat served its purpose as it had a ring general in Natalya, gave a moment to get Billie on TV, and the standout in Bianca to get a solid win. I think we're going to see her be the focal point of the women's Survivor Series match, likely being the one who secures the win for Smackdown. She's got the rocket so that would be fitting.

The stuff with The Mysterios and Murphy is just too repetitive for me. It's good, but we're just cycling through the motions. There are times where WWE will run through 3-4 episodes worth of stories in one episode. It feels like they've stuck to the same chapter, with very minor adjustments, for several weeks here. Is it because Mysterio is still hurt?

I do appreciate that Street Profits didn't take the bait of going out of their wait to try to mock New Day back after Monday. They acknowledged it but said they're coming for the torch. I love that. That launch by Cesaro of Ford over the barricade was a hell of a way to go to break, haha. Cesaro really cranked Dawkins (who isn't a lightweight) up with ease on the gut-wrench powerbomb. The dude is a specimen. Good match, and looking forward to the battle of the champs at Survivor Series.

Funny spin by Zayn in a simple promo, mocking how he represents multiple countries with his title while Lashley only represents one. The Hurt Business is a strong act right now so hopefully they've got a good retort for Zayn. That match is going to need some sizzle but they've got some time to try to develop it.

Good on Bayley for calling a spade a spade by noting Sasha is good at winning titles but isn't so good at retaining championships. That creates a hint of skepticism that she can keep the title next week. Sasha's first portion of her promo didn't click that well for me but the emphatic part at the end certainly did. No stupid finish next week, Smackdown. Just give us a clean pin or submission.

Fresh matchup! Main event was fun from a traditional standpoint as Uso has been on fire and Bryan is Bryan. Then it ramped up with the storytelling of Uso's breaking for compliance. Uso seems kind of above being on the Survivor Series team so I kind of would have gone with Bryan winning and then having Uso snap. Either way, Uso snapping on someone like Bryan is significant. The final spot with the splash on the table was visually awesome. This also plays into the fact that Bryan is on Smackdown to elevate others. Bryan doesn't do a lot in terms of win in bigger moments but that doesn't matter now because Ls roll off his back like they're nothing. He's over and over can be and he can only help others.

I do think this could reveal the answer we needed for Reigns after Survivor Series. We could be on the verge of Bryan/Reigns for the pre-Rumble feud. With Bryan and Heyman being who they are, this could creatively be magical.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Heel Reigns (and heel Usos doing Reigns’ dirty work) has the potential to be all kinds of awesome. Crazy how people can run with the ball if given the proper opportunity, Jey is absolutely killing it. The Rock doing the job to Reigns at Mania is looking like a very real possibility, based on the progression of the past couple weeks.

For the love of God, can somebody please put a stop to this dreadful Mysterio family soap opera. Dom deserves better than this; if Aalyah wants in the business I’m all for it, but don’t do her this disservice. To think that Rey is down with this is unfortunate.

Still don’t give a shit about Sullivan.

Bryan v Reigns (w/ Usos)? Sign me the fuck up.

Wasting a killer HIAC match between Bayley and Sasha by having a throwaway rematch on TV two weeks later? Boo to that.

So Vince broke up his most successful recent tag team for what? To completely stall the Big E singles push by keeping him off the past two Smackdowns? Unless this means that a new look and theme song for E is imminent, I’m starting to get a little angry.

OT: This Netflix Vince McMahon series has the potential to be all kinds of awesome, so long as Vince’s company keeps its greasy ass fingers out of the creative control aspect of production. Yeah yeah, I know I’m dreaming...

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heel Reigns (and heel Usos doing Reigns’ dirty work) has the potential to be all kinds of awesome. Crazy how people can run with the ball if given the proper opportunity, Jey is absolutely killing it. The Rock doing the job to Reigns at Mania is looking like a very real possibility, based on the progression of the past couple weeks.

For the love of God, can somebody please put a stop to this dreadful Mysterio family soap opera. Dom deserves better than this; if Aalyah wants in the business I’m all for it, but don’t do her this disservice. To think that Rey is down with this is unfortunate.

Still don’t give a shit about Sullivan.

Bryan v Reigns (w/ Usos)? Sign me the fuck up.

Wasting a killer HIAC match between Bayley and Sasha by having a throwaway rematch on TV two weeks later? Boo to that.

So Vince broke up his most successful recent tag team for what? To completely stall the Big E singles push by keeping him off the past two Smackdowns? Unless this means that a new look and theme song for E is imminent, I’m starting to get a little angry.

OT: This Netflix Vince McMahon series has the potential to be all kinds of awesome, so long as Vince’s company keeps its greasy ass fingers out of the creative control aspect of production. Yeah yeah, I know I’m dreaming...
    I'm still not optimistic of the overall logistics of The Rock being involved at Mania. Reigns is just knocking that shit out of the park. He's being so cool about this. Got Uso to turn and beat the ever loving crap out of a beloved babyface and just walked away, not watching his masterful work playing out.

The Mysterio stuff isn't for me but I can buy a telenovela being something an audience would dig. I do appreciate the fact that Murphy is getting some rope here. As for Dom, I'm not sure I buy that he deserves more. The guy got A LOT of time prior to this Murphy story, and you kind of have to remember he's still learning as he's on TV. Honestly, NXT would be a good place for him but his name isn't Dom Gutiérrez (wink) but it's Mysterio so he's going to be tethered to his dad and his dad isn't working Wednesdays.

The only, and I mean literally the only way I buy running Sasha/Bayley back this fast is if they give us a clean finish. Play off the fact that Bayley called her out on not being able to retain and have Sasha put her in her damn place right off the bat with a clean defense.

Not that concerned with E because they're being consistent. Gable is Gable again and where was he this week? There's bigger stories at play and the fact E is out of the picture right now tells me he, not the Rock, is actually the one being set up for the Mania slot. They have time with him so let it him simmer.

Bill Simmons and Netflix is a combo that I doubt Vince can cross when it comes to making this production cheesy.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for Bayley, who, Ding Dong, has been the best thing on WWE programming all year long, what happens to her at Survivor Series if she loses to Sasha? This is WWE, after all, and it wouldn't surprise me to see some sort of disputed finish. Have a ref bump, then with a couple of refs in, and both can be declared winners. Then they make the Survivor Series match against Asuka a 3-way event. Fans would hate Bayley more for (if that's possible) but I think they can make more out of this rivalry, and Bayley deserves to be proven right about how Sasha doesn't successfully defend titles.

The Mysterio drama is tedious, but I will give Aalyah credit as she is delivering on her end. She's a far better actress than many of the ladies on the roster.

I watched the Reigns/Uso stuff a couple times - and am really looking forward to how it plays out. Bryan made Jey look terrific in the pre-match promo, and moreso in the ring. Even though it was more than obvious that DB was going to take a post-match beatdown because he hung around in the ring for ages after the match while Tribal Chief and Jey looked at each other lovingly, I didn't care because the story is such good steak. DB as a possible challenger to Roman down the road? Sign me up. And when Jimmy finally returns, we now have a set up for a face-heel storyline for him to oppose his twin brother.

Lars gave a freakish interview, and good job by Graves setting it up. If we are going to be forced to watch Lars on TV every week, I am glad they acknowleged we either needed to hear from him directly, or give him a mouthpiece. He held his own in the pre-taped interview, but there were moments when I wondered how he'd have handled himself if it were a live interview in front of a live crowd.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    As for Bayley, who, Ding Dong, has been the best thing on WWE programming all year long, what happens to her at Survivor Series if she loses to Sasha? This is WWE, after all, and it wouldn't surprise me to see some sort of disputed finish. Have a ref bump, then with a couple of refs in, and both can be declared winners. Then they make the Survivor Series match against Asuka a 3-way event. Fans would hate Bayley more for (if that's possible) but I think they can make more out of this rivalry, and Bayley deserves to be proven right about how Sasha doesn't successfully defend titles.

The Mysterio drama is tedious, but I will give Aalyah credit as she is delivering on her end. She's a far better actress than many of the ladies on the roster.

I watched the Reigns/Uso stuff a couple times - and am really looking forward to how it plays out. Bryan made Jey look terrific in the pre-match promo, and moreso in the ring. Even though it was more than obvious that DB was going to take a post-match beatdown because he hung around in the ring for ages after the match while Tribal Chief and Jey looked at each other lovingly, I didn't care because the story is such good steak. DB as a possible challenger to Roman down the road? Sign me up. And when Jimmy finally returns, we now have a set up for a face-heel storyline for him to oppose his twin brother.

Lars gave a freakish interview, and good job by Graves setting it up. If we are going to be forced to watch Lars on TV every week, I am glad they acknowleged we either needed to hear from him directly, or give him a mouthpiece. He held his own in the pre-taped interview, but there were moments when I wondered how he'd have handled himself if it were a live interview in front of a live crowd.
    I don't see it. The Usos need to stay a tag-team. Roman needs his tribe, and Heyman and Jey aren't enough. He needs family in the mix. Splitting the Usos would be horrible. I could see Jimmy coming back and people thinking he's going to attack Roman or Jey sides with them. I also don't think he's expected back for a little bit longer so who knows.

All in all a great storyline, took Roman damn near 7 years to finally have something worth a damn.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I see Jimmy coming back and challenging Roman and Jey, only for Jimmy to lose against Jey and fall in line and become a memmber or the tribe.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't really make sense to have a strife within the Usos. Just have The Bloodline run as heels now.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see Jimmy coming back and challenging Roman and Jey, only for Jimmy to lose against Jey and fall in line and become a memmber or the tribe.
    This and what I suggested are the only 2 routes i want to see them go.

Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    It doesn't really make sense to have a strife within the Usos. Just have The Bloodline run as heels now.
    They need to stack people around Roman. The Usos, get Naomi, Tamina, Nia Jaxx, they have The Rock's daughter at the PC so what's stopping them from doing something with her? Imagine her coming out with her father and cracking a crutch over his back, aligning with Roman?

And what's up with that kid in NXT, Kona Reeves? He part of this family? He was trained by Afa....

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still waiting for Rikishi to come out and acknowledge Roman as the Chief.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still waiting for Rikishi to come out and acknowledge Roman as the Chief.
    It'll test his loyalty to The Rock. He literally ran over the biggest name in wrestling history for The Rock. Roman beating the piss out of his boys.....I guess tough love works better than most will acknowledge.

I'm just curious if we're going to hear the pipebomb that The Rock isn't even blood, his mom was adopted.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome promo for the Sasha bayley match

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah brilliant, King Corbin taking on Mysterio just when this I thought entertaining Mysterio family stuff couldn’t get any better!

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember when Seth Rollins was the ultimate workhorse and actually working against multiple opponents? Even as a snivelling heel in his title reign he had multiple opponents? Murphy not being tied down to shit either and actually killing it against the likes of Aleister Black?

Miss those days.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I said last week, I was okay with a rush job to get a rematch between Sasha and Bayley on TV if they gave us a clean finish. Thank the heavens that they actually made good on it. This validated the full redemption for Sasha as she silenced a demon of her past by getting to successfully defend a championship she won. This makes me think we're seeing a rather lengthy reign by her. Entertaining match. I'm interested to see what comes for Bayley next. If I needed more proof Sasha is in for a long reign, Carmella being the next challenge further illustrates that point.

Felt like a bit of a missed opportunity in the segment with E and The Street Profits. I thought E set it up nicely, defending his boys, but it just went into mindless entertainment with the laughing.

No real problem with the qualifying matches on this episode and the subsequent winners. Well, I guess there was only one egregious winner. Corbin has been conspicuously absent during most of the draft dealings and the fallout but Mysterio didn't need to be involved as he's already involved in a story. The book has been written on Otis now so if Rollins was the opposition, even with a story, Rollins was going to get the win and they created a wrinkle which I ultimately think leads to him messing with Rollins' head by creating a false sense of security. The side-eye decision comes by have Ruby get a win as she's clearly in a tag team with Liv. If Liv gets a spot, we're fine. If not...what's going on? If that happens, they should have just gone with Zelina or Natalya.

Graves definitely got Cole to pop with the line about Murphy looking at a funhouse mirror when Otis locked eyes with him during the match with Rollins. That was a pretty good line.

Truly a shame Sullivan lost his shirt prior to a taped backstage interview with Cole. Oh well...

Differently alignment, but Uso looks like he's got a different inner battle he's having to deal with, and also still having angst with Reigns. Now that he's been broken, he's still part of the family but has clearly been put in his place, no longer having the ability to make decisions for himself and being mocked along the way. Reigns is coming off as a menacing presence that oversees everything. Heyman's actions are going a long way to put that over in regards to Reigns. Lots of layers to the storytelling here and these three guys are really delivering.

The match between Uso and Owens was solid, further establishing that Uso is doing well as he gets the opportunity to show his ability to work as a solo act. Part of me actually wonders if this actually plays out to connect dots that were established a few weeks back. They subtly teased Bryan and Owens as tag team and maybe we get that at the December PPV now.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; November 7th, 2020 at 2:28 AM.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They still can’t seem to make up their mind whether E be laughing or serious at this stage. Hopefully more serious as he could and would be a great candidate to eventually take out Reigns next year.

Sullivan is like Heidenreich but without hair. Never mind his past misdeeds, he is just not interesting. He is likely going to get a typical monster push, fall short against someone who matters and hopefully be swept under the rug.

USO turmoil is definitely interesting however.
    Last edited by Badger; November 7th, 2020 at 2:08 AM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Otis's booking has been atrocious. They couldn't have found someone else to job for Rollins?

Glad Ruby ditched the extensions and cut her hair. Fits better with the punk gimmick and makes her stand out more.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Otis was a fun toy but like Vince told Trish once, he gets tired of the toys (more a knock on Vince’s change of mind than Otis btw).

That’s why I never bothered bumping my Otis thread.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did we need a second lars sit down interview?
    Why did he just say the same thing?
    Why was he out of breath the whole time?
    Why was he shirtless?
    Why was this the pre main event segment?

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember when some people were raving about him in NXT. Never saw the fascination myself. Dime a dozen monster who isn’t even that big in comparison.

Flavour of the month pet project for now that will likely fizzle out soon.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I remember when some people were raving about him in NXT. Never saw the fascination myself. Dime a dozen monster who isn’t even that big in comparison.

Or get overexposed like Corbin.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    I'm not an expert on his in-ring work, but just from looking at the guy, I can't remember anyone who was built like Lars Sullivan. He's got a Mark Henry-level freakishness to his body. It will be interesting to see how he ages.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Exactly.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Dime a dozen monster who isn’t even that big in comparison.
    This. Big E is almost as big, Baron Corbin is taller albeit lighter, Keith Lee is of comparable size and Braun Strowman makes Lars look small.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Do people actually watch Friday night smackdown

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

How dare you disrespect Lars Sullivan. I'm sure he would eat you for breakfast, and then he would complain about not being full enough.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How dare you disrespect Lars Sullivan. I'm sure he would eat you for breakfast, and then he would complain about not being full enough.
    Why have me when he can have bacon?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Why have me when he can have bacon?
    Bacon sounds good. If I come to visit Scotland? can we meet up and get bacon?

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bacon sounds good. If I come to visit Scotland? can we meet up and get bacon?
    Aye.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't really watch recently but I can say with 100% confidence that Lars is just the next one in the long line of people like Kozlov, Jones, Zues, Heidenrich, Morgan, Kurrgan, Gonzalez, Albert, Big Cass or Mason Ryan for example. Some have more talent than others but take your pick. Vince has been creating people to eventually put over his real big men like Undertaker or a top babyface like Cena for decades. Lars will get a little push then be smacked down the card (then eventually released) by Stowman or maybe Lee. Hell, even Roman will get a Superman Punch and Spear in on Lars even if they're both heels.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do people actually watch Friday night smackdown
    Nope.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Otis was a fun toy but like Vince told Trish once, he gets tired of the toys (more a knock on Vince’s change of mind than Otis btw).

That’s why I never bothered bumping my Otis thread.
    But Otis just got a new song. That has to mean something

Quote Originally Posted by Stocky View Post
    Why did we need a second lars sit down interview?
    Why did he just say the same thing?
    Why was he out of breath the whole time?
    Why was he shirtless?
    Why was this the pre main event segment?
    Lars has one gear. He's the "Freak" and that's his whole identity. They'll just keep hammering it home until we're sick of it.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    I don't really watch recently but I can say with 100% confidence that Lars is just the next one in the long line of people like Kozlov, Jones, Zues, Heidenrich, Morgan, Kurrgan, Gonzalez, Albert, Big Cass or Mason Ryan for example. Some have more talent than others but take your pick. Vince has been creating people to eventually put over his real big men like Undertaker or a top babyface like Cena for decades. Lars will get a little push then be smacked down the card (then eventually released) by Stowman or maybe Lee. Hell, even Roman will get a Superman Punch and Spear in on Lars even if they're both heels.
    Why u gotta bring Albert into this?

Not looking forward to the Carmella run as a challenger

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    For starters his Lord Tensei run was the drizzles. They tried a few different incarnations with him but he never hit. Remember Hip Hop Hippo? Just push him enough to be a good victory for someone Vince has real interest in.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lord Tensai should have worked dammit.

And also how dare you imply I didn't remember the Hip Hop Hippo.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Maybe it should have. I bet some thought "Oh boy, here comes Albert back to take up TV time with a gimmick that will never work." I did. Not even the gimmick though. I just didn't have faith in Albert getting over. He seems to be a great coach though. Some people are better coaches, than players.

I wouldn't have blamed you if you didn't. Team with Scotty 2 Hotty lasted like 6 months. Rikishi he was not.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody could replace Rikishi.

Tensai would have done well in NXT....
    Until his inevitable main roster debut and subsequent depush.

Dammit

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Albert vs Kane should have happened to infinity. It's not complicated...

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Albert’s back hair generated more heat than a lot of guys today.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Prince Albert and Droz was one of my favorite pairings.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Lord Tensai should have worked dammit.

And also how dare you imply I didn't remember the Hip Hop Hippo.
    They definitely wanted him to. I mean he got a pin on JOHN CENA for crying out loud. Back then, that was un freaking heard of.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lars Sullivan looked dope as fuck in NXT and he barely talked. That's the problem now. He talks, and the shit they have him say is so stupid and then just some random AHHHH. I'm not negative to him having promo time because he sounds weird, looks weird, it works. The shit he says is dumb, even trying to look at it from the pov of a 10-12 year old it's stupid.

So now it's like cool, we've established you're deranged and why you do what you do, let's move on and never hear you speak again unless necessary lol.

Here's a guy who would have worked amazingly in the era of being managed by a Fred Blassie/Bobby Heenan type or even someone like Mr. Fuji. Depends on how you would feature him I guess. This guy would be working with Hogan and Savage in the 80's and then putting over Hercules before forming a tag-team with Bam Bam Bigelow.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was gonna say Ryback looked and sounded weird, but then I remembered Ryback looked and sounded stupid. Maybe being weird is what Lars needs!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was gonna say Ryback looked and sounded weird, but then I remembered Ryback looked and sounded stupid. Maybe being weird is what Lars needs!
    I remember watching him in NXT thinking how he probably had this Nailz-like voice and would eventually talk but it'd sound like an orc ready to kill someone. Then he talked in NXT and I was like holy shit why do so many wrestlers have horrible lisps??

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lars is the perfect guy to work with someone like Rollins. Just a monster to unleash on those who question the Messiah. On his own, he'll go nowhere.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lars is the perfect guy to work with someone like Rollins. Just a monster to unleash on those who question the Messiah. On his own, he'll go nowhere.
    YES, totally second this.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    Albert vs Kane should have happened to infinity. It's not complicated...
    I remember watching Kane drop the I-C Title to Albert. I think JR would call it bowling shoe ugly.

I remember being irritated too. It should have been X-Pac's run. They have him leading this new faction, X-Factor (Worst theme ever) and have him fucking around in the Light Heavyweight division and his muscle is getting the I-C Title run? Plus, Waltman just deserved that accolade in my opinion.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Albert’s back hair generated more heat than a lot of guys today.
    This is very true.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    I remember watching Kane drop the I-C Title to Albert. I think JR would call it bowling shoe ugly.

I remember being irritated too. It should have been X-Pac's run. They have him leading this new faction, X-Factor (Worst theme ever) and have him fucking around in the Light Heavyweight division and his muscle is getting the I-C Title run? Plus, Waltman just deserved that accolade in my opinion.
    I thought the match got over well at the time. Kane frankensteinered Albert, but it wasn't enough. They only would have gotten better working together(Kane absolutely sucked at the time and Albert always put in 110), but the invasion prevented all good booking choices at the time.
    I think X Pac is kind of overrated but yeah, an IC title run would have been a natural progression for the guy they'd invested in.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yikes. I forgot about those Frankensteiners Kane used to throw around. They were pretty sloppy if I remember correctly.

Kane shouldn't have been the one to beat HHH for the I-C Title at the time. 2 Man Power Trip and HHH could have really put someone over with a solid victory over him. Sort of like when Hardy beat him for it. Then HHH wins it back 5 days later then drops to Kane. What did that accomplish? Kane got the victory and the title. He didn't need either.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think he did more than just the one to Albert...

I think he did bust out an enziguri a few times, though.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I want to say he did it more than once. I remember thinking that it looks like shit. Could be wrong though. Not really Kane's fault because he's just so big. Why is Kane even doing that though?

I can buy a enziguri. Someone catching his big ass foot and Kane hitting it. It didn't look horrid either.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That opening segment could have been really stupid and forced (it was in some ways but super minor) but that segment ultimately was sharp. I like how they talked up Heyman seeing a ghost in McIntyre and Heyman acted exactly that way. Another good callback to have McIntyre talking about their last crossover situation, and how McIntyre stepped up while Reigns disappeared. A simple, yet painfully obvious rebuttal hit the spot. Reigns talking shit about Raw and McIntyre TO McIntyre just made him more ruthless. It certainly helps a segment when you've got characters who have been booked properly to cross paths. That point was further illustrated with Uso being added later in the segment.

Considering who was in the IC championship match, the match between Zayn and Crews was somewhat disappointing. They didn't have enough time to get things cooking but that was a clever finish.

What a callback to BayMella.

Otis/Ziggler rehashing things felt very unnecessary but it did provide a wrinkle with Gable returning. Could be very troubling though in regards to one of two things:
    - the perceived place in the pecking order for Otis.
    - the hope for something of substance to come for Gable.
    If Gable ends up working heel, you'd think Otis takes another fall. If not, then that's big trouble for Gable.

Rollins/Mysterio was a really, really good match.

It's kind of interesting how the overall duration of the Mysterio/Rollins feud served to put different people in the spotlight. The early stage was clearly utilized to put an emphasis on how twisted and off his rocker Rollins was. Then it became about the younger Mysterio as he hit the scene, then it became about Aalyah. Mysterio got the win in the finale to hopefully close this loop but Murphy was ultimately the one who got the emphasis at the conclusion of the story. He burned the man who has been abusing him, earned the respect of a family, and got the girl. Murphy had a breakthrough night a few weeks back in a loss to Rollins. Running it back with this setup presents an opportunity to elevate Murphy even more, so we'll see if they look to actually do that.

Good on Tamina to only show up with high stakes are involved. Chelsea didn't get a lot of fanfare and even that didn't lead to much as she pretty much disappeared. Reportedly, that was due to fact that she got hurt in the match (apparently a broken arm). Seems like she was favoring her wrist after hitting the ground from the dropkick to the outside from Liv. Bad luck, being in limbo for several months to debuting and then getting hurt (for the second time during a debut). Liv joining the team makes sense or it was going to get very awkward with her tag team partner being on the team.

The crossover Survivor Series match I've been looking forward to most is actually getting consistent time to be advanced on Smackdown. Street Profits and E crossing paths gets to help build the anticipation. There's not a lot there but I do like the fact that E and the Profits seem to be looking to needle each other. It'll lead to a blowup between the two teams, and I'm here for it.

Lots of respect to Smackdown for continuing to let Uso get shine. He's gotten a hell of a lot of rope over the last couple of months and he's delivered. With him delivering, it's refreshing to see that he's been booked to progress and evolve. He really could have been set to be a one-and-done feud for Reigns but he stepped up while he was in the spotlight. The match between Uso and McIntyre, and I'm not going to be mad at a fresh match being given time. The fact we got so much direct interactions between Reigns and McIntyre suggests Orton is retaining on Monday...just a matter of how. Could be clean, Sheamus having enough of McIntyre, or The Fiend.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Main Event of Smackdown: Drew McIntyre vs Jey Uso

"Survivor Series is the one time of the year when RAW and Smackdown Superstars face each other!"

Was not expecting both Ruby and Liv to qualify for the Survivor Series team. Good for them. I was sure Chelsea Green was going to steal the win which makes me wonder if they called an audible when she got injured.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CHjqNedD...=142v34oq32tor

Yep, Chelsea Green broke her arm in her first match back and apparently was supposed to win. That sucks

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada

Quick Hits (11/13):

-Jey is absolutely killing it. Who knew Jey had this in him? Am loving this reluctant heel act, playing the good soldier and doing what he has to to appease the boss. Am really curious how this plays out, particularly once Jimmy (and probably Rikishi?) become involved in the storyline. The endgame really does lead to Dwayne putting over Roman at Mania, doesn’t it?
    -Liv was very solid in the ring, considering who her opponents were. If I’m booking, I have Liv run out to assist Sasha next time she gets ambushed by Bayley and Carmella. It seems obvious that Carmella is Sasha’s next challenger, an extended program with the uber-heel Bayley would do wonders for Morgan’s current singles run.
    -What is the over/under on the obvious Murphy/Aalyah heel turn? Rollins has done wonders for Murphy’s career, Murphy and Aalyah with ??? (Gable?) versus Rey/Dominik while Seth takes a sabbatical for the imminent birth of his kid?
    -Dolph deserves way better.
    -Am curious how Carmella justifies her heel turn when she has a chance to talk next; she was one of the more prominent faces in the women’s division, it’s not like she was Lana’d by any stretch of the imagination.
    -So this Big E singles push is going to happen soon, right? They didn’t break up their top group for the solo act to be in two minute backstage skits, did they? Whatever rub E got from the Sheamus feud has completely evaporated, E v Zayn for the IC title should be the post-Survivor Series direction they head in.
    -Am wholly impressed with McIntyre’s performance in 2020, but feel this Smackdown appearance (and victory over Jey) was totally random and unnecessary.

OT: Barring Thea Trinidad herself admitting that she asked for her release, this whole situation reeks of Deplorable Vince doing his expected deplorable things. Thea was one of the better talkers in the company, could bring it in the ring, bumped her ass off as the prototypical babyface. Am not-at-all familiar with AEW’s landscape, but imagine adding Thea would be a boon to that company and its women’s division, once her 90 day no-compete is up.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -Am curious how Carmella justifies her heel turn when she has a chance to talk next; she was one of the more prominent faces in the women’s division, it’s not like she was Lana’d by any stretch of the imagination.
    She already explained her heel turn...

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This would have been more effective if she temporarily reunited with R-Truth with them on the same brand then kicked him in the balls.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    She already explained her heel turn...
    Pretty half-assed reason, IMO.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -Dolph deserves way better.

-So this Big E singles push is going to happen soon, right? They didn’t break up their top group for the solo act to be in two minute backstage skits, did they? Whatever rub E got from the Sheamus feud has completely evaporated, E v Zayn for the IC title should be the post-Survivor Series direction they head in.
    Meh, lol.

I'm attributing this period for E as a bad break in the calendar. He's clearly not in a spot to move forward quickly right now because they're not doing many in-brand feuds because of Survivor Series. There's still a hook to start the ascent as he could wind up on Team Smackdown and be a survivor.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, have him win a last chance battle royal then be sole survivor. That's the start to the rocket being strapped to him. Then you do the first Reigns interaction backstage, E rubs him the wrong way, sticks Jey on him through the Rumble, easy booking. Logical too, owing to the long Usos vs. New Day rivalry and mutual respect.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Yeah, have him win a last chance battle royal then be sole survivor. That's the start to the rocket being strapped to him. Then you do the first Reigns interaction backstage, E rubs him the wrong way, sticks Jey on him through the Rumble, easy booking. Logical too, owing to the long Usos vs. New Day rivalry and mutual respect.
    New Day being the catalyst for the Usos seeing the error in their ways WITHIN the flow of that match could lead to a rather epic moment if Reigns and E do square off.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a feeling Big E turn on new day

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The O-Train is back on track! OH, YEAH!!!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is surprising that Smackdown got the better go-home treatment, simply due to the fact that there were way more crossover between the two brands here. I do like the fact that the Raw participants were "invited" versus having the cliché invasions.

The eight-man tag to open the night was fine. It was kind of odd that E didn't have any kind of interaction with the rest of New Day over the course of the night.

Otis being added to the Smackdown team for no apparent reason seems relatively pointless. The fact E wasn't involved makes me think Smackdown's chances to win that actual match aren't very good now.

It could be incredibly wild that Bayley, coming off a remarkably good reign, and Bianca (a fresh upstart) could get completely overshadowed by Lana.

Contract signing between McIntyre and Reigns was fantastic. I loved the oh so subtle touch of Reigns looking Pearce off as Pearce was about to sit down because he was...sitting at the head of the table. It's crazy how they like to really turn the mics up for Reigns matches/segments. It does make it different than typical segments so I like that. The lines about Reigns taking McIntyre to the learning tree being a moment McIntyre can recognize when he eventually does become the man in WWE, and McIntyre being the guy who does the leadership stuff when Reigns doesn't want to do it were so sleazy and so good. As I've said, McIntyre and Reigns are two of the best (if not the best) booked characters on Raw and Smackdown so it feels important when they've crossed paths. This was no different.

Rollins/Murphy delivered in an extremely solid way. I would have liked a few more minutes in there but they packed a punch with what they were given. It's always a crowdpleaser when Rollins does the superplex/Falcon Arrow combo. Aalyah looked like a natural ringside, trying to build up for the hope spots, look distressed when Murphy was in trouble. She caught on pretty quick there. Huge moment here for Murphy. The later stage of the story has been focused on him and this hit the apex where he had a moment (creative had a moment) to stop or go with him. This indicates they're going. Should be an interesting ride. The guy can absolutely go in the ring, so we'll see where his character can go next. If Rollins is gone after Survivor Series, I'm curious to see how his sendoff goes.

Asuka just standing there and watching Carmella beat Sasha down was a curious choice. Carmella is getting over big on Sasha here at the start of this but it's entirely due to attacking Sasha from behind. That said, Sasha needs to be doing better in regards to keep her head on a swivel.

Nice new haircut for Bryan. I bet he finally gave in and let Brie make a decision with that one. I was surprised to see how physical and almost brawl-like Uso/Bryan was. The theme was set up earlier with Bryan saying that what he was going to do in the match wasn't personal. Lots of good work by Use to go after the back and kidneys on Bryan. Good selling by Bryan to help put over the beating. Uso was pretty emphatic with being aggressive in going after Bryan and he was just solid again in another big moment. Once he got that second-wind, that gutsy nature by Bryan took over and helped set the tone for the finishing stretch.

There's like three different things they've suggested Bryan could be involved in after Survivor Series (something with Owens, something with Zayn, something with Reigns). Bryan being around only leads to good things on Smackdown, so I'm looking forward to see what it actually is.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm happy that Murphy is getting his moment to shine, but I thought the whole point of the feud with Seth was to get Dominik over. Now the focus has completely shifted to Murphy and Aalyah. A Murphy/Dominik tag team could be a good direction to go in.

The Women's Smackdown team should absolutely win on Sunday, but I'm prepared for a Lana victory *sigh.

If they were going to add Otis to the team anyway, there was no reason to have him lose to Seth. That's another thing. Murphy screwed over Otis to get back in Seth's good graces and somehow he's the good guy?! WWE's booking is so strange.

I really can't believe Big E has been doing nothing but joke around with the Street Profits for the better part of a month. They must be killing time until after SS to finally give him some direction.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm happy that Murphy is getting his moment to shine, but I thought the whole point of the feud with Seth was to get Dominik over. Now the focus has completely shifted to Murphy and Aalyah. A Murphy/Dominik tag team could be a good direction to go in.

I really can't believe Big E has been doing nothing but joke around with the Street Profits for the better part of a month. They must be killing time until after SS to finally give him some direction.
    I'm still here for a Father/Son tag title run. Murphy is now set for a healthy run. Zayn could be fun after the weekend settles.

E has been wasted since Sheamus but I do appreciate the fact he's been used to help build what should be a fun tag match this weekend. I wonder if he'll be ringside. Regardless, the green light needs to turn on for E starting next Friday. Murphy or E need to be the thorn in Zayn's side.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could pull an interesting swerve and have him cost his New Day brothers the match out of brand loyalty.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Could pull an interesting swerve and have him cost his New Day brothers the match out of brand loyalty.
    Or help The New Day win at the expense of the Smackdown brand.

Either way, the company needs to get that push started ASAP; I really like BG’s idea of E v Zayn. E getting a lengthy run with the IC title as he rolls through the midcard before winning the Rumble and challenging Reigns at Mania...
    Last edited by Tyson; November 21st, 2020 at 3:44 PM.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or help The New Day win at the expense of the Smackdown brand.

Either way, the company needs to get that push started ASAP; I really like BG’s idea of E v Zayn. E getting a lengthy run with the IC title as he rolls through the midcard before winning the Rumble and challenging Reigns at Mania...
    I was a bit surprised they put Otis in the Smackdown Survivor team instead of Big E without even earning it. Also goes to the storyline inconsistency and just making shit up for concenience throwing logic out the window. Otis lost his qualifier yet gets in anyway. Look at Bayley too, she didn’t even have to go through qualifying to join the team.

Was half-joking about E turning heel really as I don’t think they’ll actually do that though you never know. However seriously do think he will have an impact on the match and once this brand vs brand Survivor Series stuff is over that they may strap the rocket to his back after that. At the moment it’s just been bad timing for him to get into a proper feud at the moment I think.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shocking how Big E isn’t in the SS. Perfect opportunity for him to
    be the stand out star for his push like they did in the old days.

With the funny skits he’s been doing he’s surely going to get involved in the tag match. Or maybe they do the old angle of someone getting attacked back stage and Big E takes the spot.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's egregious that E isn't involved but I wouldn't put it past them to run an injury angle or a partner abandons the team earlier in the night and he steps in.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    It's egregious that E isn't involved but I wouldn't put it past them to run an injury angle or a partner abandons the team earlier in the night and he steps in.
    I think he’s playing a part, I feel he’s not goofing around in those backstage segments for nothing. Either way how it goes, pretty sure he’s going to be a factor.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I was a bit surprised they put Otis in the Smackdown Survivor team instead of Big E without even earning it.
    I feel like Otis getting in, at the expense of excluding E, has to do with a pecking order/protection thing. Otis, like Riddle on the RAW side, are the lowest members on the pecking order and will probably be the first eliminated from their respective teams. I feel, as I put on my fantasy booker hat, the final four will consist of Lee/Strowman/Uso/Rollins, with Lee getting the win for the red team.

I think he’s playing a part, I feel he’s not goofing around in those backstage segments for nothing.
    This, particularly the latter aspect; I could see E coming out to ringside mid-match and playing a role in the New Day winning the match.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This, particularly the latter aspect; I could see E coming out to ringside mid-match and playing a role in the New Day winning the match.
    Could kind of be a case of what they did on an earlier episode of Raw. I believe it was Kingston versus Sheamus and Sheamus was putting that work on Kingston. E showed up via a screen in the Thunderdome and Woods let know E was there, thus changing the momentum. Could be something like that.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Otis even in keeping the case but losing it to Reigns via Jey USO interference could have still looked strong. Love Miz but him having it despite the heat, no-one believes at this point he will win it bar a miracle because he’s been booked to lose so much.

To be fair to Otis, he does seem to still be in their minds though with new music and a Survivor Series spot, but at the same time Tucker despite turning on him is still very much an afterthought and a mere pawn in the R-Truth title lols. What’s the point of him even turning if they are on separate brands and Otis can’t get his revenge.

Also nothing against Gable who I have read is friends with Otis in real life but likely the average joe isn’t going to give a shit about this “Alpha Academy” stuff.