Results 2,101 to 2,200 of 2650

Thread: The Official Friday Night Smackdown Thread

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    Supposedly the usos are cleared to go to canada
    Hmm wondered if they managed a temporary permit if this is the case. Was looking up the laws out of curiosity and did see something about a 24 hour permit.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Wyatt challenge to the winner of Lashley/Lesnar feels like a red herring. Everything that's assumed for Mania is laid out rather well and this is something that is being done in that ilk but it doesn't really make a lot of sense. With that, it just feels like they're suggesting something just to present the swerve of it ultimately going to Wyatt and Howdy.

The tag matches were either really good (men's tag) or exceeded expectations (women's tag). They've really got to establish the women's tag division because you've got a legit combo right there in Ronda and Shayna ready to go.

Think we're seeing the hints of a turn for Moss. Crowd was quick to ditch him, he's basically taking Sonya's gimmick of saying he's a star and Emma can be an influential person in his head. He wasn't going anywhere as a face so might as well just try to tweak things a little bit.

Zayn almost jobbed to the turnbuckle but the segment was really, really good.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Owens and El Generico Vs The Usos at Mania night 1, Sami Vs Cody Vs Reigns in the main event night 2.. book it Trips.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no need to swerve from that path. Sami winning would be an incredible moment, but to me it's not the culmination of the story. It's always been about the Owens/Zayn relationship and Sami with the Uso's. The 2 big moments, War Games and the Rumble, revolve around those parts. The Usos deserve that huge match too. They've put in incredible work.

The Wyatt bit was deflating as I don't want him in there with a big star, and surely Brock no sells all the spooky stuff. We'll see. Crowd sees him as a star at least. It's a luxury though. With the 2 main events, Mysterio vs. Mysterio, the Gunther match, the 2 women's title matches, the Cena match and Logan vs. Seth, whatever Brock was doing was kind of going to be filler anyway. Mad. Or... Bobby wins by interference, and they introduce the other teased Wyatt 6 folks to counteract the Hurt Business, and Brock has the near annual 'not on the card so demands match' mystery spot against Randy Orton, Jay White or whoever else would fit in that surprise mold. Think I like that actually.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cuba
    I would have Sami win tonight then drop it back to Roman on a Smackdown in a couple of weeks. Not every title reign needs to last for months/years. That way we get an incredible, feel-good moment in front of a hot crowd that would be talked about for years. One of the greatest WWE moments ever in one of their greatest long-term storylines ever.

Roman vs Cody 1-on-1 can happen at Mania with Cody going over (and bringing back the winged eagle). Cody's motivation is all about fulfilling his family's dream, he doesn't need to be the one to end Roman's 900-odd day run. Sami can do that and still cap off the story with KO and the Usos at Mania.

Sami wins tonight with an assist from KO, Roman wins it back on Smackdown with lots of shenanigans (setting up the Uso tag at Mania), Cody wins at Mania clean.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    haven't really kept up at all with the zayn/bloodline story, but i watched an hour long summary of it last night and then watched sami's entrance from last night. i really think he should win. this level of over just doesn't come around too often and sami winning in montreal will be an all-time classic moment people never forget, and i think you take it when those are handed to you. roman can win the title back on TV to defend against cody.

but yeah, the bloodline story really did look very good.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knight/Kingston overstayed its welcome but it was alright. Knight has a great command of the crowd. If he get some sustained moment after Mania, he should take off.

This version of Dom Mysterio is corny as hell but he sells it very well. It does seem like he tries to channel a lot of Eddie Guerrero's expressions and mannerisms when he gets into the swing of a promo. I do think its smart to use him as a catalyst in the initial part of this story because we've got the key characters probably misaligned. Imagine more want to cheer Rhea and boo Charlotte but Dom will help stabilize things in the interim. As for the feuding family, still think it's more likely they extend the one-on-one story between the Mysterios and we get a tag match at Mania.

What a fever dream of a segment the Firefly Funhouse was. Sheesh.

I'm probably making too much of it but it felt like there were a lot of potentially small productional mishaps with the closing segment. There was the pan shot of both guys in the ring noticing Jey arrived. They basically did the same thing to transition the segment and the cameraman did his whistle to cue the action. Seems like they shouldn't have done the first look or Jey should've been walking to the ring to make them stop what they were doing and look at him. Then they missed the shot of the Helluva Kick but got it on replay. It was also interesting that Zayn said the Bloodline is not about Roman Reigns but the Bloodline is about one man. There's so much complexity and conflict within the story that you really can go a lot of different ways with it. You easily can see KO/Zayn vs. the Usos but you've got every single person mad at the other and that presents drama within the match. There's a real out there approach you could do with Solo fighting alongside Jimmy against KO/Zayn, with Jey ringside essentially being the wildcard and seeing what he does during the match. Reigns is certainly going to prove to be an accelerant next week and push things forward.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm interested to see what they're planning for the tag division. If setting up Gunter with Drew & Sheamus at Mania, the other interactions seem to be pointing to Braun + Ricochet, Imperium (Vinci and Kaiser), the Viking Raiders, etc.. But that could just be a Smackdown tag match, playa.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Knight/Kingston overstayed its welcome but it was alright. Knight has a great command of the crowd. If he get some sustained moment after Mania, he should take off.

This version of Dom Mysterio is corny as hell but he sells it very well. It does seem like he tries to channel a lot of Eddie Guerrero's expressions and mannerisms when he gets into the swing of a promo. I do think its smart to use him as a catalyst in the initial part of this story because we've got the key characters probably misaligned. Imagine more want to cheer Rhea and boo Charlotte but Dom will help stabilize things in the interim. As for the feuding family, still think it's more likely they extend the one-on-one story between the Mysterios and we get a tag match at Mania.

What a fever dream of a segment the Firefly Funhouse was. Sheesh.

I'm probably making too much of it but it felt like there were a lot of potentially small productional mishaps with the closing segment. There was the pan shot of both guys in the ring noticing Jey arrived. They basically did the same thing to transition the segment and the cameraman did his whistle to cue the action. Seems like they shouldn't have done the first look or Jey should've been walking to the ring to make them stop what they were doing and look at him. Then they missed the shot of the Helluva Kick but got it on replay. It was also interesting that Zayn said the Bloodline is not about Roman Reigns but the Bloodline is about one man. There's so much complexity and conflict within the story that you really can go a lot of different ways with it. You easily can see KO/Zayn vs. the Usos but you've got every single person mad at the other and that presents drama within the match. There's a real out there approach you could do with Solo fighting alongside Jimmy against KO/Zayn, with Jey ringside essentially being the wildcard and seeing what he does during the match. Reigns is certainly going to prove to be an accelerant next week and push things forward.
    Nah don’t think you’re making a big deal and are absolutely right about the camera work. They do tend to get a bit over the top with the camera cuts and kinda used to it myself but it was especially glaring here.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I mean it's live TV. I get the whole shaking thing as it's done on purpose but stuff like this they aren't always going to be perfect. I think I'd place more of the blame on Jimmy and zayn as they reacted and then the camera shots reacted. Spur of the moment call.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    I mean it's live TV. I get the whole shaking thing as it's done on purpose but stuff like this they aren't always going to be perfect. I think I'd place more of the blame on Jimmy and zayn as they reacted and then the camera shots reacted. Spur of the moment call.
    That part may have been fault on both sides but really they should’ve got the Helluva kick.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    As much as I wanted Braun/Moss/Ricochet to win, I thought it would be pretty ridiculous to have three jobbers beat Imperium.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The camera cuts suck. I'm not too negative about them barely catching a spot or missing one as it's extremely rare. This isn't ECW or AEW where off camera someone does a 450 off a ladder into the flaming tables for only half the live crowd to see. But that cut to camera 3, 4, 7,3,4,11,4 shit within a 30 second period is ridiculous. That's why they probably missed it.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They have those moments. Like when Lesnar returned. They panned to the crowd for some reason rather than focus on Cena's handshake to Lesnar

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    The camera cuts suck. I'm not too negative about them barely catching a spot or missing one as it's extremely rare. This isn't ECW or AEW where off camera someone does a 450 off a ladder into the flaming tables for only half the live crowd to see. But that cut to camera 3, 4, 7,3,4,11,4 shit within a 30 second period is ridiculous. That's why they probably missed it.
    Oh! It's ok for you to point it out, but when I do it's ohhh look at the experrrrt over here! The nerve!

jk I hate it too.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Crowd was hot for the opening segment. They were very into the idea of seeing Reigns and Rhodes. Seems like Reigns got the upper hand, mostly, in the verbal jousting but Rhodes is just that much more motivated to answer another seemingly impossible challenge.
    - More convinced they're prolonging the Mysterios match for Summerslam and we get a tag match at Mania.
    - Quite weird there was a women's match that featured entrance music for the seconds lol.
    - Getting tougher by the week to buy what they're selling with Bray Wyatt.
    - The automatic path to earning an IC championship opportunity is winning a multi-man match lol. McIntyre is the lead option, but still would like to see Sheamus in that mix, too.
    - Main event didn't get enough time to go, which is a shame, but they told a good story there. The usual beatdown utilized by the Bloodline couldn't be sustained, and they looked silly by the end of it. Nice transition into Jimmy as the one under the spotlight and seeing how he reacts when the pressure is on him to deliver. The Bloodline has had the numbers on their side and now they're getting attacked from different angles. They're getting theirs but those rivals are getting some of their own as well. I imagine we get some more KO action on Monday but it could be coming to a head next Friday.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here’s a question. When should Solo take his first clean loss on TV and who against? If (big if) he has to defend the tag titles at Mania with Jimmy if Jey is still on the fence, should he be the fall guy or if Jey does should he get his own singles match at Mania or later.

Got a funny feeling they may just have Cody hand him his first loss on the road to Mania and Jey/Jimmy defend the titles but it’d be more interesting personally if they held off on Solo and Roman loses at Mania before him.

Should give his first loss to Sami down the road personally.
    Last edited by Badger; March 4th, 2023 at 8:07 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not imminently. Having him as an undefeated champion defending against a turned Reigns on a redemption arc isn't the worst idea for Wrestlemania 40.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to see the Usos turn against Reigns, destroy him and carry him away to end a show if that ever happens. Have Reigns return 3-4 months later to take them down, like Sammi is attempting to do but more effectively. Whoever assumes the leadership role of the group, have someone picked off each week leading up to Reigns returning.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d love to see Solo take over if Reigns fails at Mania then we get Reigns vs Solo.

It’s like the Wire and their chess references. Slim Charles (Solo in this case) is the silent pawn that actually makes it to the other side of the chessboard and be successful. Reigns is Stringer Bell, trying to spread himself about and Sami and Kevin Owens are Brother Mouzone and Omar taking out a common enemy. Paul Heyman is Levy which actually works well with them being Jewish.

The Bloodline is the Wire now that I think about it. It’s genius.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    That Reigns/Rhodes promo was absolutely amazing.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    That Reigns/Rhodes promo was absolutely amazing.

It really was.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Pretty good opener and each guy got their moments to shine. I really can see LA Knight being a project after Mania. He's building momentum with the crowd. The finish was wonky unless they actually make good on a proper finish next week and don't just push it again to another scenario where the triple threat is the only answer. That also wouldn't make sense from GUNTHER's perspective if he does the heelish thing and doesn't allow there to be a winner next week. If they actually decide on one person to be the opponent, it feels like McIntyre.

- LDF really got a great spotlight moment against JD and I thought they looked great. There's upside there if Wilde and Del Toro get time to work in the division. Good promo time after the match. Still see the money in tag match at Mania and then the blowoff at Summerslam.

- I'm not enthralled with how the build is going between Charlotte and Rhea, but they're actually trying as opposed to on Raw.

- The major takeaway from Jey's promo was that he doesn't like the situation he's in, and that leaves a sliver of an idea that he's got his motivation to turn later down the road. If Zayn had an RKO-like finisher, the angle they had for his slide into the ring would have been sick. Grief creative received from Elimination Chamber notwithstanding, Zayn hasn't lost a ton of momentum and Rhodes is still rolling. You need one more critical angle to occur to get KO to buy in and then you'll have another massive pop when he pairs up with Zayn. You could try to squeeze in a six-man of Rhodes/Zayn/KO versus The Usos/Sikoa before Mania, as well. Either way, they've pacing this well.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roman vs. Cody is the first time in forever that a one on one match that closes Wrestlemania feels like a rightful coronation of a main event star. They were on the right track pre-COVID with Drew so asterisk there, but before that? Batista at 21? Hasn't been this dynamic for a very long time. They're dropping the ball a bit with the women, Charlotte is beyond tired at this point, but other than that there's a tonne of momentum going into 'Mania. We need that Usos vs. Owens/Zayn signed up sharpish though - that's the rightful main event of night 1 and they know it.

Weird lack of spooky Bray bollocks this week - feels like next week is a critical one for the 'Mania build as you kind of need to get that over the line, the tag titles, the IC Title, Edge/Balor and the Mysterio stuff too. Guessing they're gonna do a tag turmoil next week with Owens/Zayn coming out, beating the Raiders (surely a reason why they were heated up?) and setting it up that way.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Rey Mysterio to the Hall-of-Fame was inevitable and well-earned, it just seems premature given that he’s still active…
    Last edited by Tyson; March 11th, 2023 at 2:45 PM.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still hopeful it leads to a Hair vs. Mask match. Hair vs. Career would be stupidly obvious of the outcome, especially if Rey wins then decides to retire. You'd want the heat on Dom to brag that he retired a hall of famer.

I expect Rhea to win and JD heads to Smackdown after that. So what do you do with Rey/Dominik if that happens?

Have to give WWE credit, the Mania card has developed nicely over a short period rather than all things being obvious six months out.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Not for nothing, they should look to run Zelina/Rhea after Mania. There's juice there.

- FINALLY some heat between Charlotte and Rhea. That feud desperately needed it and the brawl was well done. I don't think it's got the momentum to main event night one, but it finally moved in the right direction.

- Much like what happened in NXT, LA Knight will be a babyface in due time on the main roster. Nice subtle callback by Barrett to an NWA promo.

- Great match between Sheamus and McIntyre but as sadly expected, GUNTHER's actions didn't match his logic. The triple threat should be a banger.

- Rhodes, once again, trying to do what he can to get Zayn and Owens on the same page. He tricked Owens to get everyone in the same space at the same time and it wasn't working but we finally got Owens to reveal the little hint of need on his side. He's been deflecting and defiant all through Zayn's attempts at reconciliation but at the end of the opening segment, he made himself vulnerable to suggest he was hurt and wanted his friend. He did it a few weeks back but it was spiteful when he threw a verbal jab at Zayn by passive aggressively saying that Zayn should get his "buddy" Jey to help take down the Bloodline. Good line by Zayn saying, "we can be the ones that bring down the ones." Back to the emotions, the brief glimpse of openness allowed Zayn to make his plea and he, himself, opened up to KO. Took a while and a drive through downtown Kansas City, lol, but KO gave in at the end. You saw a vengeful Owens return at the end but you saw one who was gassed up. He's been fighting alone and hasn't had momentum. Now, he was fighting and had belief he was fighting for something and for someone. With that, the Usos didn't stand a chance. I loved that Zayn bared his soul to KO before KO left earlier, to see KO rushing towards him and Zayn wasn't sure what was going to happen. Zayn flinched and braced for an attack but instead got a hug. We got the payoff that many wanted in Montreal but they told a story that helped get us more anticipation. The pop matched the moment, which you love to see. Rhodes watched from the back, smiling and working as the audience avatar. Then you saw the adrenaline rushing through KO and Zayn, and then relief wash over Zayn, as he was happy to have his friend back. On top of that, we got another chip on Jey's shoulder when Zayn said that Jey was really mad at everything because Zayn was the one to get the jump on Reigns first. More seeds for Jey to eventually blow up on Reigns. Fantastic progression for a strong story with so many nuances to it.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; March 17th, 2023 at 10:50 PM.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Not for nothing, they should look to run Zelina/Rhea after Mania. There's juice there.

- FINALLY some heat between Charlotte and Rhea. That feud desperately needed it and the brawl was well done. I don't think it's got the momentum to main event night one, but it finally moved in the right direction.

- Much like what happened in NXT, LA Knight will be a babyface in due time on the main roster. Nice subtle callback by Barrett to an NWA promo.

- Great match between Sheamus and McIntyre but as sadly expected, GUNTHER's actions didn't match his logic. The triple threat should be a banger.

- Rhodes, once again, trying to do what he can to get Zayn and Owens on the same page. He tricked Owens to get everyone in the same space at the same time and it wasn't working but we finally got Owens to reveal the little hint of need on his side. He's been deflecting and defiant all through Zayn's attempts at reconciliation but at the end of the opening segment, he made himself vulnerable to suggest he was hurt and wanted his friend. He did it a few weeks back but it was spiteful when he threw a verbal jab at Zayn by passive aggressively saying that Zayn should get his "buddy" Jey to help take down the Bloodline. Good line by Zayn saying, "we can be the ones that bring down the ones." Back to the emotions, the brief glimpse of openness allowed Zayn to make his plea and he, himself, opened up to KO. Took a while and a drive through downtown Kansas City, lol, but KO gave in at the end. You saw a vengeful Owens return at the end but you saw one who was gassed up. He's been fighting alone and hasn't had momentum. Now, he was fighting and had belief he was fighting for something and for someone. With that, the Usos didn't stand a chance. I loved that Zayn bared his soul to KO before KO left earlier, to see KO rushing towards him and Zayn wasn't sure what was going to happen. Zayn flinched and braced for an attack but instead got a hug. We got the payoff that many wanted in Montreal but they told a story that helped get us more anticipation. The pop matched the moment, which you love to see. Rhodes watched from the back, smiling and working as the audience avatar. Then you saw the adrenaline rushing through KO and Zayn, and then relief wash over Zayn, as he was happy to have his friend back. On top of that, we got another chip on Jey's shoulder when Zayn said that Jey was really mad at everything because Zayn was the one to get the jump on Reigns first. More seeds for Jey to eventually blow up on Reigns. Fantastic progression for a strong story with so many nuances to it.

Coming to post similar thoughts, as there were several highly anticipated moments of storyline progression. I am more convinced that Dom will attend the HOF ceremony and Rey will agree then and there. I expect they want to get a few more eyes on the HOF ceremony live, but they will at least get a few more folks watch it on replay. If Rey doesn't take Dom over his knee and spank him at Mania, then I am sure I won't be the only one disappointed. I thought we might get Rey announcing he's going to retire after the HOF.

Drew and Sheamus have tied up plenty of times before, and their chemistry is magic. I liked the tease of the double knock-out because while we were all expecting the 3-way dance, we just wondered how they'd execute it. I honestly wished they didn't have Imperium attack both guys because it makes GUNTHER look foolish. But I am really looking forward to their 3-way bout, and I like how they've got the universe anticipating / fully expecting Sheamus to be significantly more of a crowd favorite than Drew. I doubt he pins Gunther, because leaving Gunther strong leads to better possibilities afterward.

I loved everything about Cody's opening segment, and Kevin's response walking out at first. The promo Jey cut was solid, and Sami's reinforcing the chip on Jey's shoulder about having to sit and take so much of Roman's crap makes me hopeful. When Jey tied up with Roman early on in this great Roman Reign, we took notice as to how good Jey can be. Part of me now wonders if Jey will somehow cost Roman the title - I don't think Roman needs to lose clean for Cody's win at Mania to be magic - its more that I think the WWE cannot resist setting up more infighting.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was there live tonight. Honestly, really enjoyed it. Matches were solid. Promos were good. And some fun segments were fun.

Well done

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great episode. Best built Wrestlemania in forever. Majority of the matches have had that cornerstone, epic moment/promo in the build. More importantly, momentum! It feels like the stars are aligning at the right time. They didn't rush through the Owens/Zayn reunion so now they've just got the big challenge and match announcement to go and the feud's at its peak going into the match. Rhea and Charlotte, if they can keep the juice of that brawl going into next week, that's peaking. The next big Cody/Roman promo battle is going to be gigantic. The inevitable McIntyre/Sheamus vs. Imperium tag with the tension building between the 2 is bound to be a banger. Theory/Cena and Logan/Rollins have another big go in them. A couple of heaters for Omos and something to stoke up the dull Belair/Asuka programme and we're set.

This Bloodline story has been fucking crazy. The pops for Sami's chairshot, Montreal in general, the Jey turn and now the reunion have been all timers. Now we have the longest reigning tag team champions of all time against 2 of the top 5 babyfaces in the company with all that history as teammates and rivals. I think all of this has been the exact plan since at least Survivor Series, and the pops are proof in the pudding. From Owens returning, this has been it. For a tag title feud! Even if it doesn't main event night 1, and it absolutely should, it's the biggest tag team title match of all time.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s still the pops for the title changes to come and then for when Jey finally breaks free.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very true. I wonder if the Anoa'i family members that are in MLW are under long term contracts, because it could get even bigger. An eventual, say, Jimmy/Jey/Solo vs. Roman/Lance/Jacob match, could be absolutely monstrous.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    #LetPaulCook

It feels like there are a couple Rajah slapnuts who really need to eat some crow about how “TrIpS wOn’T bE a BeTtEr BoOkEr ThAn ViNcE!!!”…

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #LetPaulCook

It feels like there are a couple Rajah slapnuts who really need to eat some crow about how “TrIpS wOn’T bE a BeTtEr BoOkEr ThAn ViNcE!!!”…
    He's still got very notable blind spots where the booking hasn't gotten any better, but this specific story has been going quite well. I imagine (and it's pretty obvious there should be) multiple cooks are in the kitchen for this story though.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any word on who the 4 teams in the 4-way tag match will be? We have to figure the Street Profits, Ricochet/Strowman, New Day, and probably the Viking Raiders. It leaves Alpha Academy off, which is a shame because they've been entertaining every week, and they do get a lot of TV time. The Brawling Brutes and Imperium probably both appear during the IC triple threat match so they likely won't be in an actual match. Gargano and Lumis probably appear in a backstage segment with the host Miz. The Good Brothers probably won't make the card. But can you imagine the pop if they surprise us and one of the teams is Riddle/Randy?

I expect Solo Sikoa to interfere with the Uso's tag match, or maybe Roman's match to get him on the card. I could see him and Heyman getting caught attempting to hand an international object to Roman, with both getting banned from ringside. It would pop the audience, and maybe give Roman/Cody a 30 second breather.

I don't know what Priest will do, if anything, but probably just a backstage pep talk to either the Demon or to Dominik.

No idea, if anything, what LA Knight or Karrion Kross might do, if anything. They deserve a spot more than say Elias/Boogz or Ziggler/Mustafa Ali, but I wouldn't be upset if they miss the card.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2/3 of New Day are injured so I think you'll get Alpha Academy unless Otis is a model now...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    RAW is in St Louis this Monday, probably a little too close to Mania for an appearance by the hometown dude Randal, yeah?

That initial face pop would be massive.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Cody looked like an evil mastermind enjoying his plan unfold.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    A pretty underwhelming episode, if I’m being honest.

Kevin is totally turning on Sami, right?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bigger things that needed to happen happened and they were fine.

- Heyman set the table for Monday's notable match. I liked the detail that he thought he was going to be cool and toss the mic to Rhodes and he wasn't going to be ready to catch it. Heyman was thrown off by the fact Rhodes caught it, Rhodes delivered his strongly-worded message and warning. Rhodes then tossed it to Heyman and Heyman didn't catch it. Good symbolism.
    - Rey eventually had enough of Dom's BS and the crowd ate it up. On top of that, LA Knight got a notable win.
    - I'm never going to be mad at seeing a GUNTHER/Soon-to-be-Dunne match again.
    - They rode the wave with KO and Zayn, created a witty shirt with the tie-in of KO-Mania and WrestleZaynia. The Usos needed to get the heat back from Monday and this was fine.

The swing and miss segments clearly related to the women. Triple H hasn't found the footing for them since he's stepped up, which is a shame. The Charlotte promo was beyond weird. Ronda and Shayna won't have to earn their way into a lame duck match.

Then it appears that Lashley's match with Wyatt is off, and he has now been relegated to Friday's Andre.

Kevin is totally turning on Sami, right?
    At KO-WrestleZaynia? No.

Later? Who knows.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; March 25th, 2023 at 12:07 AM.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a weird turn of events that Omos is on the main show and Lashley has been relegated to the Battle Royal when really it should be the other way round.

Loved the KO/Zaynia shirt.

Walter/Dunn…sorry GUNTHER/Butch was really good. It’s like they’ve worked together before.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally getting a chance to comment on this latest Smackdown.

Opener with Cody/Kaiser was a foregone conclusion, yet Cody managed to remind us that Ludwig can really go. I am looking forward to Cody/Solo on Raw.

Charlotte's promo accomplished what I think they were going for - convince us that she should be playing the heel against Rhea. The crowd will cheer Rhea as long as she is not accompanied by Dom. They didn't have Charlotte outright insult the crowd yet, but the rest of her promo listing her accomplishments - and the "like it or not" bit - served as a reminder to us that Charlotte is better as a heel. Rhea will get a "You deserve it!" chant after winning.

Rey/Dom has been building for so long, but before I get to that, I really enjoyed the LA Knight match with Rey. Great storytelling. I like that they didn't make LA Knight look like a complete jobber, as Rey did what he's done for so many years - make his opponent look great, and still give the crowd a terrific match. Dom's interference cheapened the win a little bit, but LA Knight still looked terrific here. They must have something planned at Mania for LA Knight - I don't think they'd have Wade Barrett on announce team remind us that it's a shame that the MegaStar still does not have a match at WrestleMania. Perhaps a surprise return by Riddle?

I thought Dom was amazing with his promo, at first we got the rehash of what he's been saying for weeks to Rey - "That's right, just walk away, you were never there for me blah blah blah". The repetitive annoying stuff just made the crowd hate him even more. Then he turns to his mom and sister and it got really good. Calls his sister stupid. Then telling his mom to shut up was something we all can understand was a big mistake. I liked how they had positioned Rey on the ramp, just far enough for Dom to keep rambling that they'd support his dad anyway allowed Rey to come up and put the smiles on all of our faces with the payoff punch. Rey grabbed the mic and explained "You pushed me! I didn't want to hit you! You made me hit you! You don't disrespect your mother like that!" The justification for Rey's action, despite all those months of saying he wouldn't hit his child, was what we all have been wanting to see for ages. What a pop!

Natalya will break a record at Mania - her own, with the most appearances at a PPV/PLE by a woman wrestler. Match was notable for Lacey's nip slip. Ronda/Shayna's announcement was fine, and short.

Drew/Sheamus/Gunther contract signing - they had Gunther ask for Peace to justify how he can possibly lose his title without getting pinned. I think it was more to raise the point, and I don't particularly care because I am most looking forward to this match than anything else on the card. But all of us understood Gunther's shenanigans causing the double interference DQ set this up, and made him look like an idiot at the time. This only served to remind us that Gunther's an idiot.

Butch's attack served to remind us that contract signings usually are boring, but I liked Gunther throwing the contract table over the ropes.

I like the WrestleZaynia shirts.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Here’s a question. When should Solo take his first clean loss on TV and who against? If (big if) he has to defend the tag titles at Mania with Jimmy if Jey is still on the fence, should he be the fall guy or if Jey does should he get his own singles match at Mania or later.

Got a funny feeling they may just have Cody hand him his first loss on the road to Mania and Jey/Jimmy defend the titles but it’d be more interesting personally if they held off on Solo and Roman loses at Mania before him.
    So they went with the obvious for Solo’s first clean TV loss lol.
    Last edited by Badger; March 28th, 2023 at 2:22 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So they went with the obvious for Solo’s first clean TV loss lol.
    TECHNICALLY his first clean TV loss was that random Walter match on NXT.

And hey, sometimes the obvious is good! I wasn't negative to this. Solo taking an L to the top babyface, that shows that he's basically a World title contender. He's survived everyone sans a few and it took someone of Cody's caliber to finally beat him.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    TECHNICALLY his first clean TV loss was that random Walter match on NXT.

And hey, sometimes the obvious is good! I wasn't negative to this. Solo taking an L to the top babyface, that shows that he's basically a World title contender. He's survived everyone sans a few and it took someone of Cody's caliber to finally beat him.
    I wasn’t negative per se. I was more like “ah they did what was predicted after all” lol

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Cody tied up with Brock for the moment and Riddle’s return. If Orton does as well…how sexy would RK-Bro, KO-Zaynia vs the Bloodline be right now? If it was Survivor Series right now, even better!

Oh and HHH’s speech was blah before introducing Judgement Day. Not much admittedly but SD whooped the arse off of Raw this post-Mania week.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Do we really need the brand split? I understand they want to keep Sammi and the Bloodline a thing, but I think we are getting close to the end of this.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Do we really need the brand split? I understand they want to keep Sammi and the Bloodline a thing, but I think we are getting close to the end of this.
    I agree with you on that. It feels like it's becoming Roman and Jimmy, Jey and Solo. Maybe at Backlash we get an Usos/Kevin & Sammi rematch for a blowoff, then the draft. I saw a rumored draft date maybe as May 8th, so it would be after Backlash if accurate.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brand split lost meaning years ago. They just have people show up on the other show when it’s convenient for storyline purposes.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The brand split ensures that we don't get overexposure of midcard guys. I think it helped the Rey/Dom storyline as it became a good excuse for their separation - Dom and JD were on Raw, and Rey requested the move to Smackdown as he didn't want to hit his own son. The long, simmering build was a huge factor in the success of that storyline build toward their match at Mania.

Also, I don't think guys like Theory and GUNTHER should be featured more than once per week. Same with many of the ladies. There are guys who are terribly booked already, and who would get lost in the shuffle if there were more top guys featured on both brands.

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    But you can still just only book guys once a week and keep them away from each other if needed.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneeneighbor View Post
    But you can still just only book guys once a week and keep them away from each other if needed.
    How would that have worked with the Rey/Dominik storyline? They were both on RAW, and Dom kept interfering in Rey's matches.

With the new draft, and with the Uso's no longer being dual champs, they should no longer be appearing on both shows.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    How would that have worked with the Rey/Dominik storyline? They were both on RAW, and Dom kept interfering in Rey's matches.

With the new draft, and with the Uso's no longer being dual champs, they should no longer be appearing on both shows.
    It's a simple as not every wrestler is scheduled to appear every week on every show. What was stopping Dom from interfering in Rey's matches on the other show?

I just don't like the idea that I can only see certain guys wrestle on certain nights. You move my favorite wrestler from Monday to Friday I no longer can watch him because in football season we have games on Friday Nights. Guys can be used sparingly and still appear on both shows.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's a simple as not every wrestler is scheduled to appear every week on every show. What was stopping Dom from interfering in Rey's matches on the other show?

I just don't like the idea that I can only see certain guys wrestle on certain nights. You move my favorite wrestler from Monday to Friday I no longer can watch him because in football season we have games on Friday Nights. Guys can be used sparingly and still appear on both shows.
    DVR?

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I do not have one but even so, wrestling just isn't that important to me. I would think they would want to attract casuals because the hard core fans will follow their guy to any night.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not have one but even so, wrestling just isn't that important to me. I would think they would want to attract casuals because the hard core fans will follow their guy to any night.
    Casuals have a DVR. They don't give a shit about what night who is on. Casuals go to see the WWE brand. Hardcore fans are the ones who piss and moan like it's still 1998.

With that said....As a hardcore fan I would like to know who is on what show when I go see it live. But that also adds to the suspense that maybe someone from another brand will show up. The only time I really hate that stuff is when they have 2 World titles. If they have 2 separate World titles on these brands it helps establish the importance of the brand you're on. Just like how you never really saw Gunther or Theory defend on other brands, just their homebrand.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While there were no ladies matches, I thought Smackdown actually had a fairly efficient show in relation to getting variety across the two hours.

The Bloodline story is just kind of treading water right now until they push forward to the next chapter. That said, Sikoa is really coming into his own.

Now that the Draft is on the horizon, they're going to burn through stuff they have as fun ideas but don't anticipate seeing through at all or not for a while (ex. Woods with a pursuit of the IC Championship).

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved the Heyman/Solo backstage how he was screaming backstage where he was screaming about how the Samoans were embarrassed then Solo put his arm out then Heyman was shitting his pants back-pedalling. Solo is the underrated silent giant who performs his role very well. Riddle cost himself and Solo did his job. It’s a nice wrinkle where Solo gets the job done but his brothers cannot.

I know the focus is on Jey standing up to Roman but imagine if Solo did it.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woods seems to have been jobbing or doing nothing for months. I was glad they gave him and LA Knight a bit of time to remind us how talented both are. Both guys look better after that match. And now we get told that Woods has never had an IC title shot. I don't expect him to win over GUNTHER, but I do think the match will be terrific.

Where is Drew? He's been a staple of SD for years.

Sonya is a much better talker than most, but since she's a heel who always loses, there's no reason she and Karen should be in the title picture.

Shinsuke's return was missing Boogs. Madcap gets a heel turn? And we will probably see Nakamura job to Kross, who desperately needs a win.

Viking Raiders attacking Ricochet/Braun to set up a story for next week. Both teams had nothing going on. Valhala does nothing but shriek - not sure if she understands what her purpose is.

Solo got to say a few words, and because he's been silent for so long, the impact felt that much more important. Well done.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is Drew? He's been a staple of SD for years.
    Injured.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Fuck drew, where's shanky

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Fuck drew, where's shanky
    No creative for him.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Sound reasoning by Zelina to request the match at Backlash. Has to be the biggest match of her career.
    - Minus the awkward botch by Strowman, good tag match between them and the Viking Raiders. They've really got to build up the undercard of the division to keep things moving otherwise they're just going to be looking silly with the two top teams.
    - Chelsea/Sonya are a good tag team. More of them, please.
    - If you don't watch regularly, you'd think Kross was pretty damn imposing as he was citing everything he's taken away from his competitors. Good editing/writing there lol.
    - Woods and GUNTHER had a good one. Kind of interesting to see the win come via submission. Are they really going to give GUNTHER three finishers? Good for him haha. If it's not going to be Sheamus to take GUNTHER down, I'm very curious to see who is called up next week because they would be my next guess as to who eventually takes the championship.
    - We're sorely missing Reigns right now.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woods/GUNTHER was fucking class. Was not expecting the sleeper finish, it was beautifully done.

Unlike Bianca, GUNTHER being unstoppable is not boring. No offence Bianca.

Riddle/Sikoa was a barnburner too and actually quite clever how the clothesline was a Samoan spike explained by commentary. Only thing is that’s Riddle twice now sworn retribution and fallen flat on his arse. I don’t know how much if this is a case of protecting Solo right now/Riddle eating a bit of humble pie for rehab. Maybe these Riddle beatdowns might eventually lead to a monstrous Randy return to save him.

Totally agreed on Reigns being sorely missed. Also hopefully more development on Jey potentially leaving after Backlash too.
    Last edited by Badger; April 23rd, 2023 at 4:23 PM.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Queen Zelina has done nothing to deserve a title shot, but I'll give her credit for her best promo in her career asking for one at Backlash. Nobody will pick her to win in Rhea's first title defense, but I don't think she's ever had more than an 8 minute match. I hope they give her enough time to show her skills.

I was impressed by Chelsea/Sonya's performance, especially Sonya. Both did well in their roles, mostly on the mic, but they made Liv/Raquel look as good as they've ever been. I won't mind seeing Karen complain to Pearce about the champs cheating to win, as it will mean more from these four.

Woods belongs in a title scene. Perhaps in the draft he gets to move on to Theory for the US title. GUNTHER is not losing to anyone after just a 2 week build.

I had the same thought as Badger did about RIddle eating losses for rehab punishment. Solo keeps getting better and better. Of course, it helps having top guys to work with, and they are booking to Sikoa's strengths. But Riddle looks like an idiot for not having any backup in a no-DQ match against the Bloodline.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the draft, the tag titles get split up again. Sami or more likely KO might come out and say the obvious, that the draft doesn't really matter to them because they are defending the titles on both brands. Then Pearce says no, you've been drafted to RAW, and Smackdown has drafted just its tag titles back. Its the kind of thing that would require stretching or outright ignoring logic because they'd of course be ignoring the Bloodline who appears whenever and whereever they want.

Kross is making us cringe talking about all his prior feuds - because he's lost them all badly.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woods/Theory is a great shout. I’d love to see that but yeah that’s also going to need more than 2 weeks.

Lashley drafted to Smackdown and we get Lashley/GUNTHER?

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Sound reasoning by Zelina to request the match at Backlash. Has to be the biggest match of her career.
    - Minus the awkward botch by Strowman, good tag match between them and the Viking Raiders. They've really got to build up the undercard of the division to keep things moving otherwise they're just going to be looking silly with the two top teams.
    - Chelsea/Sonya are a good tag team. More of them, please.
    - If you don't watch regularly, you'd think Kross was pretty damn imposing as he was citing everything he's taken away from his competitors. Good editing/writing there lol.
    - Woods and GUNTHER had a good one. Kind of interesting to see the win come via submission. Are they really going to give GUNTHER three finishers? Good for him haha. If it's not going to be Sheamus to take GUNTHER down, I'm very curious to see who is called up next week because they would be my next guess as to who eventually takes the championship.
    - We're sorely missing Reigns right now.
    If it was up to me GUNTHER would have 7 finishers.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody will be taking GUNTHER down. GUNTHER should be taking down the Tribal Chief.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chuck Norris counted to infinity twice. GUNTHER did it three times.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    GUNTHER looks like he can't count to 12

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GUNTHER looks like he can't count to 12
    Forgive him oh great GUNTHER he’s just joking. Please don’t chop him to death.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Why does GUNTHER hang out near urinals? Choppy Choppy Your Pee Pee.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do like people suggesting an ultra established vet like Sheamus to be the one to end Gunther's reign. He's on a very very short list of possible candidates but it's just rare to hear so many fans champion a vet and not some up and comer. I'll never forget, on this very board, the 4-5 people wanting to see Cody or Ted Jr end the Undertaker's streak back when they were barely in Legacy.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Donald : I dare you to mention GUNTHER without using all caps.

Me:

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm sure Matthew and/or Morrison will.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    gunther

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing says I'm cool like gimmick posting

Ain't that right @VHS?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure Matthew and/or Morrison will.
    lol

On their onlyfans they use all caps.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to not use caps for a bit.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gunther
    Oh frick.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So if the Smackdown person wins the World Heavyweight title do they just become a member of Raw or does Smackdown get someone in trade. I mean why the fuck are we having tournament matches for a Raw title on Smackdown...

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Seth ends up winning, Cody wins MITB and ends up on Smackdown, gets the summerslam rematch with Roman.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - The crowd was absolutely on fire for the show. Strong and I imagine it'll have more juice tomorrow.

- Think they creatively found a way to keep all three ladies in Damage CTRL relevant as things may suggest a breakup could still be looming. The subtle change to have Bayley/Dakota tag as Iyo moved into the spotlight works in a lot of ways.

- It's a low bar but I think this was Kross' best match on the main roster. I was curious to see how this match with Nakamura would go, as they've been gassing Nakamura up and the duo should, in theory work well together. Kross' matches don't have to be long but he has to look imposing and menacing. This worked for me. Not sure about his prospects, but this was a good night for him.

- Seems like our next chapter with the Bloodline is with the Usos finding themselves on the outside, at the hands of Sikoa. After weeks of stagnancy, this and Reigns' return next week hopefully jumpstarts the story.

- Rhodes' promo was really effective.

- Bad Bunny got a monster pop, man. I expect him to go all out at Backlash.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    had the show on in the background. crowd was great. dominik sure seems to have improved. gonna watch the ppv tonight.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can Kross and Scarlett work as a babyface duo going after Theory? Kross winning the US title seems like the right balance for him at this point to get back on track to being a threat. Where did the guy who stepped up and destroyed Drew, challenging Roman, where's THAT guy?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Have they explained what's happening with the Raw Women's Championship yet, or is Bianca just going to be on both shows?

The pre-recorded promo from Bianca on the draft Smackdown had her speaking like she was already the Smackdown Champ, like there had been a trade like with Charlotte and Becky after a previous draft. Commentary then had to clarify that Rhea was the actual current champion.

There really is no need for any of this nonsense. Just use the time better.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Explaining what's happening would require some thought for the women, which I don't think they've committed to doing. Charlotte is taking time off so as far as they're concerned, so is the women's division.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Ha, sad, but quite true.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's just part of the long term storytelling. A year from now it'll all tie together via someone on Twitter connecting imaginary dots to force an explanation.

This is why color coding the women's singles titles was a mistake especially when you decide to draft the sitting champions. Just suddenly saying "you're now the Raw champ!" Just feels stupid but it wouldn't be an issue if the belts were neutral in color. Or if they called them the Women's Universal and the Women's World, but again that fucking color scheme.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They should have Bianca vs. Rhea...loser has to vacate their title and then move it to RAW and have a tournament for a new champion.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should have Bianca vs. Rhea...loser has to vacate their title and then move it to RAW and have a tournament for a new champion.
    Remember when they had the rule where you could only hold 1 WWF championship at a time? That's why Warrior had to vacate the IC title. Great idea. Only it would have to be Bianca taking the L. It's too soon for Rhea (if we're thinking this match would go down at Night of Champions?) to take the L. You do a tournament on Smackdown and Bianca loses and that becomes the story. Charlotte will probably come back from corn holing and win it setting up Charlotte v. Bianca for the title at Summerslam.

Personally I would go in a totally different direction and have Asuka win it.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to see Styles winning the Smackdown side of the tournament, definitely didn’t expect that. Seth vs Styles should be an absolute banger.

Hopefully Asuka gets the job done this time against Bianca. Full blown heel Asuka should be great.

Great Bloodline segment. Man what a swerve/diss from Roman to the Usos with that announcement. Roman 4 belts would be amusing for the reaction but guessing the Usos cost Roman and Solo the tag titles accidentally then the split goes into full force. Things are heating up nicely.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame on me for thinking Edge, Styles, Mysterio would have a run-of-the-mill triple threat. I thought they did a really good job keeping everyone incorporated during the match finding fun spots to inflict damage on each other. I was a little surprised to see Edge as the one who was getting the shine from the audience. Nice job to weave the 619 in throughout the match just to see it denied. Would've thought that led to a bigger pop when it actually was executed but it was just setting up the (awkward) finish. That aside, the match was really, really good.

The other triple threat followed more of the tried and true ways for a WWE triple threat. It did have the added treat of Lashley and Sheamus beating the crap out of each other. Tough spot with Lashley and the ring steps (that sound when he hit them too), but not surprised to see him advance to the final.

What do you know, Reigns comes back and things within the Bloodline get a little more traction. I thought it was a good segment and helped do the job in emasculating the Usos. After stalling post-Mania, would like to think things escalate within the Bloodline after Saudi. Since Reigns dedicated the future victory, I need Sami and KO to come out with "Wild Sam/Owens" shirts.

Iyo needs to break away from Damage CTRL ASAP. Things might go a bit better with Asuka/Bianca now that it's a little more clear Asuka will be working heel.

I thought it was a good enough rollout of the NXT talent on Smackdown. Waller is going to get to show his annoying attitude with his talk show, Grimes got a squash win, Isla/Alba and Pretty Deadly got some notable TV time.

After a lot of time off, Styles got a lot of work in over the course of this episode. Styles/Lashley picked up by the end and I'm more in favor of seeing Styles/Rollins instead of Lashley/Rollins. Should be good and Waller could eventually find his familiar foil in Styles in due time.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The Bloodline arc really picked up, I feel like we’re “this” close to Roman booting the Usos from the group; probably one more failure and Reigns is like “Never again wear those shirts and stop flashing the Ones”.

While Paul E was announcing the tag match, I kept expecting a new name to show up and be added to the group. Having Roman team with Solo for this event in Saudi is fine, it gets the company’s biggest name on the card while not taking away from the tournament; Rollins/Styles needs to go on last, it clearly wouldn’t if Roman were defending.

Solo with tag gold is a great way to keep building him up, I’m just not sure it happens yet. Sometime sooner than later, reinforcements arrive and Solo gets a permanent partner; they take the tag straps off Team Quebec and have a program with the face Usos who got bounced from the stable. War the return of Main Event Jey, this time legitimized.

Edge/Styles/Mysterio was great, I got a little sad when I realized we’re not going to see much more of those three; over 80 years of ring experience in that match, they’ve forgotten more than most can learn. Kind of want Styles to go over Rollins, leading to a Summer program with Edge, both get one last title run before they retire. Rollins is super over, but he’s quite a bit younger than those three and will have more opportunities for the big belts. Eventually someone will have to dethrone Roman, Seth is probably at/near the top of that shortlist (Mania 40 perhaps?).

Heel Asuka with the title would be a lot of fun; Bianca got to the year mark and had a great run, it’s time for her to take a step back and reset for the blue brand title chase. Crazy unnecessary overreaction by Belair to Asuka’s mist, which likely everyone saw coming. The OCD in me would really like to see the women’s title scene get sorted, Rhea has the SmackDown championship on RAW, Bianca has the RAW championship on SmackDown. A title swap, it’s been done before…

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Giving Roman the tag titles is just another tittle that will never get defended. I am hoping this is "IT" for the Bloodline. This shit needed to end at Mania, but nope we are going for Mania 40 where there is already rumors Roman wins again LOL to set up a trilogy of matches at Mania that no one wants or asked for.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd love to see Roman retire with the belt.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they are keeping the belts on Roman to try to entice the Rock for next Mania.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Roman and Solo win the tag belts, then because Roman is only allowed on Smackdown, the price he'll have to pay is to drop the Raw tag titles. He deserves to be punished for not defending his undisputed titles for consecutive Premium Live Events.

It seems like way too long since AJ Styles got to remind us how talented he is. Kudo's to Lashley for carrying on after it looked like his skull was split open.

I thought Sami did not go to the Saudi shows for religious reasons, yet they are announcing him and KO defending their tag belts at Night of Champions, which last I checked was in Saudi Arabie?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they are keeping the belts on Roman to try to entice the Rock for next Mania.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Roman and Solo win the tag belts, then because Roman is only allowed on Smackdown, the price he'll have to pay is to drop the Raw tag titles. He deserves to be punished for not defending his undisputed titles for consecutive Premium Live Events.

It seems like way too long since AJ Styles got to remind us how talented he is. Kudo's to Lashley for carrying on after it looked like his skull was split open.

I thought Sami did not go to the Saudi shows for religious reasons, yet they are announcing him and KO defending their tag belts at Night of Champions, which last I checked was in Saudi Arabie?
    It might be because Saudi Arabia and Syria recently re-established diplomatic ties with each other, making him more open to the idea of competing now.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    That is a very good point, one that had temporarily slipped my mind.

It might be because Saudi Arabia and Syria recently re-established diplomatic ties with each other, making him more open to the idea of competing now.
    Regardless of diplomatic ties being improved, it still seems like a very risky endeavour for Sami. Going into that country, after being such a vocal antagonist; all it takes is one member of the Royal family having a bad day in order for Zayn to get detained. As talented/well-paid/large as Endeavour’s legal team is, they would absolutely be no match for the Saudi Royal family, which quite frankly does whatever the fuck they want on their home turf.

There are four TV shows between now and “Night of Champions”, I imagine we see a reason created which allows Sami to skip the trip…

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a very good point, one that had temporarily slipped my mind.

Regardless of diplomatic ties being improved, it still seems like a very risky endeavour for Sami. Going into that country, after being such a vocal antagonist; all it takes is one member of the Royal family having a bad day in order for Zayn to get detained. As talented/well-paid/large as Endeavour’s legal team is, they would absolutely be no match for the Saudi Royal family, which quite frankly does whatever the fuck they want on their home turf.

There are four TV shows between now and “Night of Champions”, I imagine we see a reason created which allows Sami to skip the trip…
    Dunno tbh. I can only assume a deal may have also been worked out as well beforehand between Endeavour and the royal family to allow him to travel otherwise they wouldn’t go public like this.