McAfee tested positive for Covid.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    McAfee tested positive for Covid.
    Oh ffs.

Main roster commentator with an actual personality for once and he gets it. Wishing speedy recovery.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if I've ever really said it but I think McAfee is fucking lovely in the booth. Just comes across as such a genuine enthusiastic dude. A real breath of fresh air.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Not sure if I've ever really said it but I think McAfee is fucking lovely in the booth. Just comes across as such a genuine enthusiastic dude. A real breath of fresh air.
    Co-sign. And he’s, thus far, managed to avoid being scripted by MAGA Old Man.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Pat McAfee is so the man.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Co-sign. And he’s, thus far, managed to avoid being scripted by MAGA Old Man.
    From listening to him, this is part of the design. By keeping him out of the production meetings etc., he generally doesn't know what's coming, although he's not a complete stooge in that he's been watching rasslin his whole life.

I wish him a speedy recovery.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    From listening to him, this is part of the design. By keeping him out of the production meetings etc., he generally doesn't know what's coming, although he's not a complete stooge in that he's been watching rasslin his whole life.

I wish him a speedy recovery.
    This actually feels like an instance where it's been maxed out in terms of allowing someone to be themselves. That should be a message that trickles down to the wrestlers but that unfortunately is not the case.

I'm sure there's mixed messages, but people like Prichard or others have said these commentators or special appearance people bomb because they anticipate things when they come in and try to be rigid or fit inside the scope of what WWE wants (robotic). That's probably a mixed message because everything is so mechanical with the production of things. McAfee is too carefree to toe that line. The fact that he's good at this probably gives him enough rope to continue trying things. He has some clunky spots as a commentator but he's quite good.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; August 26th, 2021 at 10:55 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As @Caito said, SmackDahn needed two people to replace McAfee. That said, they picked two good options in Graves and Owens.

Seemed like a pretty mixed bag for a rollout of Becky being about Becky and hinting towards working more as a heel. She was able to get some boos but not a lot. She was acting like a heel would in some spots but didn't in other scenarios. The McGregor apology approach made sense. Commentary didn't help the fact by saying what Becky did at Summerslam was fine and acceptable. I'm beyond tired of seeing Carmella and Zelina in the mix here, and that's saying something because the duo as a thing is still reactively fresh in this current iteration. That said, they had no business being considered as participants in a No.1 Contenders Match. Bianca could have been better in her rebuttal to Becky but it was pretty solid. Liv being out for the PPV cycle sucks but it's good that they brought her back here as a threat (and the crowd was still behind her). After a lengthy absence, it was a very good performance by her in the final stages with Bianca. Counterproductive to have her beat Bianca so Bianca winning is lyne, but you need to push Liv.

That moonsault by Gable was beautiful. What wasn't beautiful was a needless DQ in the match with Cesaro and then Adult Bobby Hill destroying Cesaro.

Good on them for calling back to Corbin's turn of luck in Vegas and presenting us with Happy Corbin. The theme and tron were corny as hell but fitting for him. Kudos to him for maxing out these characters he's had lately. I miss Bum Ass Corbin though.

So Rollins and Edge aren't done with each other more than likely and are both wanting to set their sights on the Universal Championship. Rollins, Edge, Bálor, Lesnar...lots of bodies wanting to get that gold.

Seems notable that they gave Boogs another win in tag team action.

Naomi randomly showing up on Smackdown is a welcomed surprise, but where is Toni Storm? Seems like they'd be too cute by not putting a disrespected Naomi in The Bloodline. The fit is right.

Highly doubt Rey Mysterio wants to break away from his son. Doubling down, really doubt he's down to separate from his son with his son potentially turning. That said, both things seem in play.

Those Bloodline shirts are fire. The Usos messing with Heyman, making him paranoid when Reigns arrived, was a good touch. They more or less played the rest of the way straight and they didn't tease further dissension. Can see how that may be an underwhelming finish to the show because I imagine people wanted to see Lesnar, but Bálor retuning made sense. He didn't back away from the insurmountable odds and confronted Reigns to get the shot he originally wanted. Good on them to actually have faces ready to go and make the save in the form of The Street Profits. That's a good way to get them back into the championship picture with The Usos. Bálor, for now, get his shot next week, and Lesnar is looming. You've got to get the Bálor/Reigns match but feels awfully rushed to burn it next week. We'll see how it sets up next week.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; August 27th, 2021 at 10:45 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naomi should be in the Bloodline, its made everyone better and would probably do the same for her too. Wearing bright colors and dancing isn’t a long term character.

Im really tired of Carmella and Zelina.

I like the Mysterios, and I know eventually Domenic has to turn but please get him in the gym first and put on some muscle. If they are going to pull the trigger on heel Dom anytime soon he’s going to fail with that boy body.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm not tired of Carmella and Zelina.

I'm tired of them being in the title picture after having not done anything close to earn that.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it odd that Toni Storm just debuted and then went MIA and I also find it odd that the rumor mill hasn't even cooked up any explanation for why.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I find it odd that Toni Storm just debuted and then went MIA and I also find it odd that the rumor mill hasn't even cooked up any explanation for why.
    Co-signed.

More importantly, Sasha Banks.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    She's a call up from NXT. Seems to be their thing of late.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Co-signed.

More importantly, Sasha Banks.
    I know with Sasha that the last thing I read was that she, Kofi Kingston, and Scarlett are all not cleared to compete. So some health thing, I guess. Obviously the first thought is maybe they all got the Covid. But Toni was not on that list.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    I'm not tired of Carmella and Zelina.

I'm tired of them being in the title picture after having not done anything close to earn that.
    Carmella and Zelina will probably become a tag team just like Nikki ASH and Rhea.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smackdown started "hot" by my account because they got in and out of the opening promo in less than 10 minutes lol. Insanely athletic From the Heavens by Ford. The finish was totally what I expected: Street Profits poised for a win but The Usos got DQed. Ford is athletic as hell but he seems to have dives to the outside as his weakness, seemingly coming very close landing on his head each time.

Okay, Bianca. Wasn't enamored with her promo last week but this one was very good.

At least they made a bit of an effort to show they completely didn't forget abut Toni Storm by having Ziggler oogle over her. They're really trying to push Boogs, and Nakamura is weirdly becoming more of an afterthought. Not ideal for your Intercontinental Championship to be portrayed that way.

Pretty rough state of affairs for "Zazzaro" when looking at it from a then and now perspective. Cesaro got a healthy push and championship match with Reigns, got a Mania win against Rollins...and he's done nothing since and was collateral damage to Rollins here. At least the match was good. Interested to see the fully-formed hook to keep Edge/Rollins fresh. If this extends, could be fun if Rollins does all the old horrible stuff Edge used to do to a wrestler every week so Edge reacts to that seeing just how awful and horrible he used to be.

McKenzie Mitchell making a quick cameo on Friday's doesn't bother me.

The KO Show told me that KO is probably moving to Raw since his new color scheme is red haha. At least they realized they needed to lean into the fact people don't like the Paul Family.

Very brief but Dominik looked pretty good against Zayn. Now the story is his dad is indirectly getting in his way.

Did Natalya suffer a setback or something? Tag champs lost two weeks ago and nothing since. Ladies were involved a couple of segments during the show but no matches for them is blah.

Reigns must have thought Bálor was a threat because he made sure The Usos jumped the challenger before the match. Harkened back to Elimination Chamber when Daniel Bryan won the Chamber match but Reigns came out immediately after for the scheduled defense. These two guys just don't miss as their chemistry together is just chef's kiss good. The inside cradle and Coup De Grâce near falls were so on point. Reigns is spectacularly good with those kick outs (Graves sold the second one by standing up as Bálor went for the pin), and extremely good callback to his low-blow kick outs. Bálor was protected as hell while taking the L: getting jumped before the match, battling back, two epic near falls, and passing out rather than tapping out. The Demon tease was very quick and definitely something to monitor.

The show next week at MSG is poised to be a big one.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; September 3rd, 2021 at 10:13 PM.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I hate the crowd sweetening.

Why would there be cheering during an Usos promo? Aren't they supposed to be heels? The faces on the crowd looked totally dead but then you hear *RAAAAAAA*.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didnt pick up on the Demon thing, I thought the red flicker was a Brock tease not saying im right though.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw the opening promo segment with Becky/Bianca and it was damn good. I honestly don't have issues with the SummerSlam booking anymore. I was willing to see how things played out and they're playing out just fine.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The Paul E/Kayla Braxton interview with the phone calls from Brock then the appearance by Big E. So good…
    Last edited by Tyson; September 4th, 2021 at 2:21 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    The Paul E/Kayla Braxton interview with the phone calls from Brock then the appearance by Big E. So good…
    Ha, yes. Loved that. Big E less so though.

Roman's clotheslines in the corner bit. Has to be the weakest looking offence this side of RVDs forearms. They look like they wouldn't wake you from a light nap.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Still no update on Sasha Banks, huh? Wild…

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still no update on Sasha Banks, huh? Wild…
    She was backstage at Smackdown Friday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that the back of the Bloodline shirt says "We the ones". Anyone remember where that's from?

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepiroth View Post
    I like that the back of the Bloodline shirt says "We the ones". Anyone remember where that's from?
    Not sure tbh. At a best guess, Usos rap reference and maybe a “Day One” reference?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Not sure tbh. At a best guess, Usos rap reference and maybe a “Day One” reference?
    Yep it came from one of their promos.
    What's your thoughts on the show tonight so far? I thought the opening promo segment was pretty good in spite of all the bleeps

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepiroth View Post
    Yep it came from one of their promos.
    What's your thoughts on the show tonight so far? I thought the opening promo segment was pretty good in spite of all the bleeps
    Haven’t watched it yet, I tend to catch SD in the morning.
    @BGMaverick will give his thoughts just after the show. His reviews are a good indicator over whether to watch a show in full.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven’t watched it yet, I tend to catch SD in the morning.
    @BGMaverick will give his thoughts just after the show. His reviews are a good indicator over whether to watch a show in full.

So...very good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post

So...very good.
    Hell yeah. Match of the year contender on this show. They hit each other with everything they had and some stuff other people have and told a great emotional story. Got kinda uncomfortable at the end

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Oh no, Demon Finn is going to lose.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE hyped this as a big Smackdown. Thankfully for them, they delivered and showed they can still bring the heat.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Oh no, Demon Finn is going to lose.
    I’d have zero problem with that if it happens. Had to happen sometime and might as well be Reigns.

Reigns needs to continue to dominate at this time. When he does eventually lose, it will be fantastic!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like how they aren’t blowing their load on Reigns vs the world by having a triple threat or fatal 4 way. Its very Game of Thronish with everyone going for the iron throne but losing in battle to the Lannisters.

I was also a little sad there wasnt a Taker return. I was hoping for some Happy Corbin promo interrupted by *Gong* Deadman walking…. you’ve done it now you’ve gone and made a big mistake…

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually someone who doesn’t get enough love. Kayla Brixton. Normally backstage interviewers ask nervous stupid questions but last week she was right in Heyman’s face trolling him.

Kayla! Need more backstage interviewers like that!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    https://wrestletalk.com/news/zelina-...tch-cancelled/

That sucks. I feel so bad for Zelina. She's from NY and her Dad died on 9/11? Jesus.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as that really sucks for Zelina, but again one of these #harshbuttrue moments but what has been the point so far of bringing her/her choosing to come back?

I’m not one of these guys praising AEW too much (so cool yer jets Nash ) but her promoting Black or Andrade would’ve fit like a glove. Her whining about being in the title picture despite never actually winning anything puts me off her.

Maybe financially she is well set though and maybe that’s why.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not trying to be a prisoner of the moment, but I think I’m going to say that’s the best Smackdown in the last couple of years, including the NXT invasion episode.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Great smackdown overall. The ending to the edge Rollins match was fantastic

Not quite thrilled the demon is going to come back to lose though.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smackdown has been killin it for awhile, I haven't watched a wrestling show this consistently since I was a teenager but I haven't missed an episode of SD in months. While I'm not mad at them for doing The Demon vs Reigns I'm not sold on The Demon as a threat considering he was in the ring with Reigns, Usos and Heyman tonight and Finn was easily the smallest guy in the ring.

If I can fantasy book Reigns vs Brock I'd have some non title match with Brock and Reigns first at Crown Jewel or whatever where Brock just destroys Reigns and pins him cleanly and has the Bloodline questing Roman. Then they have a title match where Roman goes over Brock. I don't want just another 1 off where Reigns wins.

Edge/Rollins was good but sloppy and besides Triple H I've never seen a better executed Pedigree than the one Edge did to Rollins. I'm curious where they are going with Rollins character, he's been acting Jokerish but maybe it's developing into something different?
    Last edited by Tim; September 11th, 2021 at 1:14 AM.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At a best guess on Rollins, I think he may be one of these “gatekeeper” kind of guys that guys have to cross to main-event but will work with and take time. Win the battle but ultimately lose the war kinda deal.

He isn’t sniffing the WWE title any time soon. He is established enough as it is so he doesn’t need that. Maybe beat Nakamura if they went that way but ultimately end goal to put people over to get ready for the next level (like Roman).

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Smackdown has been killin it for awhile, I haven't watched a wrestling show this consistently since I was a teenager but I haven't missed an episode of SD in months. While I'm not mad at them for doing The Demon vs Reigns I'm not sold on The Demon as a threat considering he was in the ring with Reigns, Usos and Heyman tonight and Finn was easily the smallest guy in the ring.
    He’s the smallest guy but he still nearly beat Reigns a week ago, so I don’t know if that point holds a lot of value.

Something I also missed initially but caught the second time: to start the show, Lesnar came out and the Usos set up a wall in front of Reigns. The Demon came out, Heyman and the Usos slowly stepped back and didn’t know what to do. That’s some subtle storytelling I can get behind.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Nice catch. Better to battle the demon you know vs the one you don't.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Lesnar pop, wow!

Not a bad show, probably the best Smackdown in several months. The show has been consistently good for a long time.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't get into the Stone Cold Becky character, but I'm liking spoiled, entitled Becky with the furry coats and big sun glasses. Just go all in on that character.

Actually someone who doesn’t get enough love. Kayla Brixton. Normally backstage interviewers ask nervous stupid questions but last week she was right in Heyman’s face trolling him.

Kayla! Need more backstage interviewers like that!
    Those Heyman/Kayla segments might have been my favorite part of the night. They have great chemistry.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a long post but I lost internet for a while and lost it.

Heyman and Kayla are killing it. She is becoming a great foil for him, and I am guessing he understands how important she has been to help him get this next level of his character's storyline across. And he understands how important his supporting role is as part of the overall story with Roman and Brock - when the supporting story is layered and more compelling, the more satisfying the payoff to the main story.

Becky played her part well in antagonizing the ungrateful crowd, but Bianca barely held her own. I liked her "sign it sign it sign it" that got the crowd chanting when Becky wondered what happens if she wouldn't sign - but she almost paused too long before she responded, to the point I almost expected Pearce and Deville, who were just there like potted ferns, to tell her they'd strip her title if she failed to defend. But the crowd really wants to see a real full match between Becky and Bianca, and the segment mostly worked in solidifying Becky's heel status.

Not enough has been said about Trae Young's appearance. He didn't have to do much to be hated in MSG, but that was one of the best celebrity appearances that WWE has had in a long long time. Pairing him in Sami's corner, and having him choke beloved Rey in the ropes, was almost too easy. I think the NY crowd would have chanted Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Hey GoodBye if they had time, but the ring action was too quick afterward.

Giving Seth and Edge so much time, including the long "what am I supposed to feel" from Seth, ate into so much of everything else.

I don't want to see Roman lose the title to the Demon, but I don't want the Demon to lose. Which means I expect Roman to lose via DQ - perhaps a Heyman cheap shot to the Demon, or Uso interference. Heyman can say he was protecting his tribal chief, to try to win favor back after not telling him Brock was at Summerslam. BTW - I loved the crowd chanting "You Fucked Up" to Heyman after Brock's questioning Heyman why? And kudos to Heyman for taking a bump at his (my) age/size - I would expect he's probably still feeling even that soft bump today.

Roman keeps the title to face Brock in Saudi Arabia, and the Demon remains undefeated.

Not sure what they do with Seth until part-timer Edge returns - anyone else think we will see Seth vs. Cesaro at least three times before we see Edge again? Probably we will see Seth also squash Dominik and maybe even Rey again once or twice as well.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we're going to see Seth Rollins v. Finn Balor coming out of Extreme Rules.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    So now that Big E is out of the picture for Roman Reigns’ Universal title, where to next? Does he keep it through Mania? Balor confirmed at “Extreme Rules”, Lesnar probably at “Crown Jewel”.

The draft will be interesting…

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel good about the chances of McIntyre getting drafted and being a foil at some point for Reigns.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm not sure who should topple Reigns, but I don't want it to be McIntyre.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't imagine he will, but he'll be just another threat.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was certain Big E was going to be cashing in on Reigns but now, I guess it'll be Brock? I'm hoping they might shake things up and have Balor get it done at Extreme Rules...

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post

Roman keeps the title to face Brock in Saudi Arabia, and the Demon remains undefeated.

Not sure what they do with Seth until part-timer Edge returns - anyone else think we will see Seth vs. Cesaro at least three times before we see Edge again? Probably we will see Seth also squash Dominik and maybe even Rey again once or twice as well.
    DQ finish at extreme rules? i know they did it at hell in a cell but I don't think that's the best decision.

I can't see them bringing back Demon Balor only for him to lose. I know it's WWE but I can't imagine they are that dumb right? They fucked up the Fiend by having that finish with Rollins at hell in a cell. Can they really fuck this up too? Big E beat the dominant Lashley. Maybe Balor will beat the dominant Reigns with help from Brock? Then we can have Brock vs Roman without the title at Crown Jewel or have a triple threat with regular Balor losing the title.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    DQ finish at extreme rules? i know they did it at hell in a cell but I don't think that's the best decision.

I can't see them bringing back Demon Balor only for him to lose. I know it's WWE but I can't imagine they are that dumb right? They fucked up the Fiend by having that finish with Rollins at hell in a cell. Can they really fuck this up too? Big E beat the dominant Lashley. Maybe Balor will beat the dominant Reigns with help from Brock? Then we can have Brock vs Roman without the title at Crown Jewel or have a triple threat with regular Balor losing the title.
    Goldberg was the first one to pin the Fiend so, yes, they are that dumb.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    touche

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The nice thing about Roman Reigns is that it's very hard to predict when they are going to take the belt off him.

Seeing how PurePlayer is already reacting to Demon Balor possibly losing I'm hoping he does.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    White hot Roman Reigns is the same as dead in the water Goldberg?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    White hot Roman Reigns is the same as dead in the water Goldberg?
    The point was more about the booking than the players involved. Bringing back the Demon just to beat him is as dumb as having the Fiend get pinned by an over the hill part timer.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The nice thing about Roman Reigns is that it's very hard to predict when they are going to take the belt off him.

Seeing how PurePlayer is already reacting to Demon Balor possibly losing I'm hoping he does.
    I'm not already reacting. I'm just saying if they bring him back only to lose then it's dumb as fuck. it would almost be as bad as having CM Punk losing his first match

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The point was more about the booking than the players involved. Bringing back the Demon just to beat him is as dumb as having the Fiend get pinned by an over the hill part timer.
    It's not even remotely in the same galaxy.

If Undertaker's streak can be broken the fucking Demon Balor can take an L from the most over guy in the business right now. He's going to have to lose eventually, right? Would you have rather it been Kyle O'Riley down in NXT? Actually don't answer that.

I'm not already reacting. I'm just saying if they bring him back only to lose then it's dumb as fuck. it would almost be as bad as having CM Punk losing his first match
    LMFAO. "I'm not reacting but watch me react........." You act like the Demon Balor is a consistent character on tv every week. Like I said above, he's going to have to lose eventually so why not have it be against Roman?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not even remotely in the same galaxy.

If Undertaker's streak can be broken the fucking Demon Balor can take an L from the most over guy in the business right now. He's going to have to lose eventually, right? Would you have rather it been Kyle O'Riley down in NXT? Actually don't answer that.

LMFAO. "I'm not reacting but watch me react........." You act like the Demon Balor is a consistent character on tv every week. Like I said above, he's going to have to lose eventually so why not have it be against Roman?
    does Roman need to beat Demon Balor to look stronger? how much stronger can he look? yes the Taker streak was finally broken but it was towards the end of his career and Taker is kind of established right? Demon Balor hasn't been on in almost two years and having him lose in his first match back in his prime is dumb as fuck. He is one of the few characters that actually have any mystique

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does Roman need to beat Demon Balor to look stronger? how much stronger can he look? yes the Taker streak was finally broken but it was towards the end of his career and Taker is kind of established right? Demon Balor hasn't been on in almost two years and having him lose in his first match back in his prime is dumb as fuck. He is one of the few characters that actually have any mystique
    It's not about looking strong it's about continuing a story. If Roman beats Demon Balor, that's just another huge win for his legacy.

My opinion of mystique isn't that a character can never lose. I'm not as familiar with Balor's work prior to WWE as others are so maybe that was a thing in NJPW where anytime he wore the paint he was unbeatable. Let me just say this, if your gimmick is you never lose you might as well retire now. What is a loss going to do for the guy who said that he doesn't need WWE and the WWE doesn't need him?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not about looking strong it's about continuing a story. If Roman beats Demon Balor, that's just another huge win for his legacy.

My opinion of mystique isn't that a character can never lose. I'm not as familiar with Balor's work prior to WWE as others are so maybe that was a thing in NJPW where anytime he wore the paint he was unbeatable. Let me just say this, if your gimmick is you never lose you might as well retire now. What is a loss going to do for the guy who said that he doesn't need WWE and the WWE doesn't need him?
    but Balor does lose? He is bringing in the demon to avenge his loss. if Brock comes in and maybe helps Roman win that's fine. I would be shocked if Roman wins clean. That's why I said even I don't think WWE is that dumb

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but Balor does lose? He is bringing in the demon to avenge his loss. if Brock comes in and maybe helps Roman win that's fine. I would be shocked if Roman wins clean. That's why I said even I don't think WWE is that dumb
    Does Demon Balor lose? I thought we were talking about Demon Balor not regular Finn Balor.

So now it's an issue about losing clean? The whole time you've been saying it's dumb as fuck to bring him back as Demon to lose. That it ruins the mystique. So is he not supposed to ever lose? Is that the gimmick?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does Demon Balor lose? I thought we were talking about Demon Balor not regular Finn Balor.

So now it's an issue about losing clean? The whole time you've been saying it's dumb as fuck to bring him back as Demon to lose. That it ruins the mystique. So is he not supposed to ever lose? Is that the gimmick?
    losing won't help him but not losing clean won't kill him at least. of course he isn't going to go undefeated but your example was the Undertaker's undefeated streak which is apples and oranges. Taker was a legend already and was at the end of his career. The win also propelled Brock to the next level. Brock at the time was cold and had a couple losses since returning. Beating Taker made him the beast he became. It led to suplex city etc. Roman is already white hot. beating Balor here won't make him any more established. This isn't the time for Demon Balor to lose. First match in two years, looking to get revenge, and has momentum.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    losing won't help him but not losing clean won't kill him at least. of course he isn't going to go undefeated but your example was the Undertaker's undefeated streak which is apples and oranges. Taker was a legend already and was at the end of his career. The win also propelled Brock to the next level. Brock at the time was cold and had a couple losses since returning. Beating Taker made him the beast he became. It led to suplex city etc. Roman is already white hot. beating Balor here won't make him any more established. This isn't the time for Demon Balor to lose. First match in two years, looking to get revenge, and has momentum.
    Losing won't help him do what? Who do you think has more of an upside in victory?

I would bet your money that many people felt the exact same if not more about Brock Lesnar ending the Streak. Apples and oranges? Not really. They're both extensions of a character. Demon Balor has an undefeated streak correct? Spin it however you want. Roman hasn't peaked. It's not about being 100% established, Roman has been established for awhile, way before he turned heel.

I want to finish this by saying I'm not bothered by Balor winning or losing. But I don't know if Balor, regardless the form he takes, is the guy to snap that win streak and take the belt. If he does he isn't holding it long. It'll be like when Lex Luger beat Hollywood Hogan in 1997 for the belt and dude lost it a week later.

Someone has to beat the Demon Balor and why not Roman? The last thing I want to see is someone not beating Roman clean. I don't need Lesnar coming out and F5ing Roman it would make zero sense. He literally just challenged Roman for the title, he didn't say "I want the winner" he said Roman. Reigns.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Would have preferred that they kept the Demon card in their back pocket a little longer, feels like they rushed it out unnecessarily.

I predict Roman goes over the Demon at “Extreme Rules” and probably also Lesnar at “Crown Jewel”. At this point in his life, Brock has shown absolutely no interest in wanting the requirements and obligations that come with holding the Universal title. Even at the peak of his career, the interest beyond a huge paycheque was minimal. Hopping on a private jet to work a 20 minute match and get a massive payday, that’s not so bad.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big fan of Reign's work right now, but honestly I have no idea who should end the streak. I'm not sure it should go another year. At some point, you run the risk of a"SuperCena" (we already know what's going to happen for the next 6 months) factor creeping in.

A loss and a quick win back, has the potential to actually keep the run fresh. You keep the possibility of something "could" happen, but don't diminish the overall dominance.

Not saying it should happen now, but there's a few different ways to approach sustaining this run.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Big fan of Reign's work right now, but honestly I have no idea who should end the streak. I'm not sure it should go another year. At some point, you run the risk of a"SuperCena" (we already know what's going to happen for the next 6 months) factor creeping in.

A loss and a quick win back, has the potential to actually keep the run fresh. You keep the possibility of something "could" happen, but don't diminish the overall dominance.

Not saying it should happen now, but there's a few different ways to approach sustaining this run.
    It's wild that Roman has gone over a year and nobody has really been negative to his run. He wrestles a minimal amount and delivers every time we see him, it's wild. I don't know if he went another year if people would be negative to that if he can keep producing. The story just keeps evolving, especially with the supporting cast of the Usos and Heyman.

I agree about the Demon. I'm a big fan of Balor but he hasn't hit me as the guy to dethrone Roman, even for a day.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    The comparison of the demon to takers streak is ludicrous

I'm on the train that the demon character does not need to be beaten in this manner. The point of the demon character is baler is reaching into a dark place and pulling out this monster so to speak to find the edge to get him a victory. If you bring it back just to have it beaten it loses all stock. It's like when hulk fought Thanos. Banner turns to the hulk to get the job done. He goes up against Thanos and jobs ferociously. People were pissed about the ease he was taken out. Same principle applies here. If you are just going to bring it back after years to beat it it is pointless. I mean maybe they have a storyline in place for it after for baler but it's doubtful.

In my eyes if you bring the demon back and he loses clean then baler is in the same place drew is on raw. Drew couldn't challenge for the title while Lashley was champion so here you have a guy that can no longer ascend to the top so there's a lot less reason to get behind him because he is apparently going no where. If the best of balor/demon can't beat Roman then as long as Roman is champ baler has no place to go but down.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    In my eyes if you bring the demon back and he loses clean then baler is in the same place drew is on raw. Drew couldn't challenge for the title while Lashley was champion so here you have a guy that can no longer ascend to the top so there's a lot less reason to get behind him because he is apparently going no where. If the best of balor/demon can't beat Roman then as long as Roman is champ baler has no place to go but down.
    I agree with this. But maybe the comparison with Drew isn't quite fair, unless Balor gets drafted to Raw and ends up with a sword fighting Jinder and his green giants. Jinder has been exposed as an overpushed roid specimen with a jobber's very limited moveset, and nobody comes out any better after tangling with him.

But since Demon Balor hasn't lost clean to Roman...at least not yet, trying to predict what they will do with him and Roman is challenging. Since Vince makes the decisions, it wouldn't surprise me if they bury Balor here. Roman stacked and pinned both Bryan and Edge, and Balor hasn't been built up to be seen as belonging in their league. In Vince's eyes, Balor has been lounging on the developmental show for 4 years now. Instead of Demon winning, it's more likely to me that Vince has a surprise in store like somehow the Demon Balor's entrance hits, the smoke machine is thick, and the Demon enters. But somehow when the smoke clears it isn't Finn Balor painted up, instead the Demon looks much much larger than we remember. We will get Braun Strowman's return, and Demon Braun can take Roman's title.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Losing won't help him do what? Who do you think has more of an upside in victory?

I would bet your money that many people felt the exact same if not more about Brock Lesnar ending the Streak. Apples and oranges? Not really. They're both extensions of a character. Demon Balor has an undefeated streak correct? Spin it however you want. Roman hasn't peaked. It's not about being 100% established, Roman has been established for awhile, way before he turned heel.

I want to finish this by saying I'm not bothered by Balor winning or losing. But I don't know if Balor, regardless the form he takes, is the guy to snap that win streak and take the belt. If he does he isn't holding it long. It'll be like when Lex Luger beat Hollywood Hogan in 1997 for the belt and dude lost it a week later.

Someone has to beat the Demon Balor and why not Roman? The last thing I want to see is someone not beating Roman clean. I don't need Lesnar coming out and F5ing Roman it would make zero sense. He literally just challenged Roman for the title, he didn't say "I want the winner" he said Roman. Reigns.
    Roman is not at his peak? How much higher can he go? He's as over as ever, he hasn't lost in what seems to be years, and a loss wouldn't hurt him. Lesnar never said he wanted the title yet did he? Maybe I missed it in his promo.

Taker's streak compared to Demon Balor is beyond silly. There's no comparison. It's apples and oranges. Taker is one of the biggest names ever and a loss doesn't hurt him at all. Demon Balor losing this early and with him bringing it back for the first time in 2 years is one of the dumbest decisions they can ever do. Ever.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would have been preferable for me if they had saved the Demon's return for a bigger PPV but yeah at the same time I really don't think it's the end of the world if he loses in a very dirty fashion to Roman and company. It certainly won't be clean and he'll still come off very strong no doubt

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would have been preferable for me if they had saved the Demon's return for a bigger PPV but yeah at the same time I really don't think it's the end of the world if he loses in a very dirty fashion to Roman and company. It certainly won't be clean and he'll still come off very strong no doubt
    They need to make every "ppv" a big deal imo. Go back 20 years, did the cool shit only happen at the big 4? Nope. Sometimes the big 4 sucked. Even today, sometimes you'll be like damn Backlash was the best ppv of the year.

I'm curious what Balor meant by he doesn't need the WWE and they don't need him. Was he shooting or maybe just walking the line of face/heel, kind of like he did in NXT. He would face anyone but leaned in a little more on the face side imo.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They need to make every "ppv" a big deal imo. Go back 20 years, did the cool shit only happen at the big 4? Nope. Sometimes the big 4 sucked. Even today, sometimes you'll be like damn Backlash was the best ppv of the year.

I'm curious what Balor meant by he doesn't need the WWE and they don't need him. Was he shooting or maybe just walking the line of face/heel, kind of like he did in NXT. He would face anyone but leaned in a little more on the face side imo.
    Without question in the case of Backlash 2000, that was the PPV Mania should have been. Backlash 1999 was really entertaining too (was watching some of that today actually). Rock/Austin match there I think was actually better than at Mania, Owen’s last PPV match, Taker/Shamrock and HHH/X-Pac was good too which was also notable because HHH that one time had God awful generic stock music played this one PPV before “My Time” was introduced.

While I get what you say about making every PPV a big deal, I also think possibly part of the problem here is they’ve booked themselves into a corner re-introducing Demon right after they just had Brock return. That shit’s very likely not going down without the title and while Demon Balor won’t be ruined by a loss (he has lost on NXT), they’ve fired their eggs in one basket. Probably would’ve been better if they staggered Demon Balor and Brock a bit more. Brock’s ultimately going to overshadow whatever Demon does at Extreme Rules I think.

As for Baylor’s comments, my guess is in character there a bit. Like you say he was acting that tweenerish way in NXT.
    Last edited by Badger; September 15th, 2021 at 5:10 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that we have multiple stories going on at once on Smackdown. Especially with Roman. It seems he's the center of several stories. IMO, Balor should be at the top and if we're not going to just have Reigns v. part-timers over and over, Balor is someone I want to see in that slot. It's a huge match and that's what WWE needs.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that we have multiple stories going on at once on Smackdown. Especially with Roman. It seems he's the center of several stories. IMO, Balor should be at the top and if we're not going to just have Reigns v. part-timers over and over, Balor is someone I want to see in that slot. It's a huge match and that's what WWE needs.
    Oh no doubt Balor should be a big time player and intertwining feuds are generally good when you’ve got all active guys on the roster, but Brock’s return and then the Demon return just smells a litte bit to me as too many eggs in their basket at such a short a time.

I think in this case with two big returns, they should have separated it out a bit more and let the Brock stuff breathe a little more before getting the Demon in. I’d have even gone for just normal Balor getting a PPV title rematch at Extreme Rules in between but Reigns beats him clean, Balor goes off to do a little soul searching THEN bring the Demon in to challenge the winner of Brock/Reigns.

At least that way there’s not so much kayfabe doubt but they’ve put the cart (Demon) before the horse (Brock) in that there’s very little chance Reigns is losing the title before he gets to Brock.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The opening segment did a nice job of presenting the fact that Reigns has a hell of a time ahead of him over the next few weeks. That said, Reigns showed the aura of invincibility that he should have, despite the tough road on the horizon. Seeing E come out was a nice surprise and I guess helped present an impromptu setup for the tag match after the break. E and Bálor had that 80s/90s energy of top faces for a show that united to take on a challenge. Wasn't fully symbiotic but definitely full of energy. The impromptu match presented an issue, because you really didn't need to have The Usos lose prior to the PPV and then create another set of challengers for the championships.

The beatdown later in the show was an appropriate response by The Usos (and got another good interaction between Kayla and Heyman). Pretty surprising that Reigns is working on Raw Monday and they're going to bust out a big-money match between The New Day and The Bloodline. It's a good escalation of the story but certainly feels like they're going with it at a rapid rate.

Still kind of off that the IC Champion's lackey seems to be getting pushed more than the actual champion. Even when they try to push something with Nakamura, it's stuck in neutral because Crews is the thorn in the side. That story has been rather one-sided and we don't need to see more of that.

Phenomenal drip on display by Rollins. He was teetering towards Take it home, Rollins territory but I thought the material and his ability to rile the crowd up help saved it from dragging it to an agonizing promo.

Smackdown finally presented a women's match but it was a tag match that was somewhat sloppy and ran the bit that Mandy Rose did a few weeks ago on NXT (where the beautiful woman was frazzled and was okay with a count out because her nose took a shot). At lease there's a match at the end of the tunnel between Liv and Carmella at the PPV.

Bálor's backstage promo harkened back to the Prinxe promos in NXT with the gritty look, but the message was more about establishing the origins of The Demon. They're trying to present the story that Reigns has too much on his plate and that is going to be his downfall as he overlooks The Demon. They're trying but that probably indicates that won't be the case lol.

I really like how Naomi forced the issue with Sonya. Could've gone without running down the resume from her but the intensity and intimidation came off well. It also kind of presented an opening that could bring Sonya back into the ring, but I'm looking forward to seeing how they continue to push this along.

The story of the struggles within The Mysterio family is still moving along. We've seen a fair amount of the son and Zayn (which is bringing out stronger moments for the upstart), and I'd really like to see the father against Zayn.

Being in Knoxville, it was a good touch having Kane present for Bianca's Homecoming. Great and sincere moment for Bianca to get that response from the crowd. Becky is starting to getting a feel for the drip that her husband has. It's WWE so they obviously want to get heat in this moment so they did haha. That said, the program between the two ladies is still headed in the right direction. A part of me thinks we've seen all we can for now with Bianca on Smackdown so we could see her (and the Street Profits) head to Raw.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The Bloodline appearing on RAW could be really interesting; it will plant the seeds for new post-draft feuds for Roman, especially if they stay true to form and ruffle feathers as the cocky condescending uber-heels that they are.

Go on Liz, get that W on PPV. She must have a big singles win to stay relevant post-draft, Carmella really doesn’t need to go over.

Can we hurry up and add Naomi to The Bloodline already? Way overdue.

Beyond The Bloodline, it sort of feels like SmackDown is stagnating; the upcoming draft will be a necessary shot in the arm.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Who the fuck is Riddick Moss?

I've heard the name before but I have no idea who that is.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not for nothing, Bianca's letterman jacket with her accomplishments was pretty cool. I would have liked it if Bianca was a little more ticked off after getting shown up during her homecoming ceremony last week. At least she didn't get entirely punched out and go to get one up on the champ. The PPV doesn't feature a lot of stips but this match could probably use a No-DQ one. The fact it doesn't have it probably makes it convenient for the finish.

McAfee, without hesitation, saying he'd poop his pants if Nakamura and Boogs were drafted to Raw was hilarious. The AR Lions for Crews' entrance actually looked cool. They already went through the expiration date with these two, but the match was better than anticipated. Boogs executing an overhead suplex on Azeez was rather impressive. With Crews losing, kind of think he's due to head to Raw.

Rare miss by the Drip God but he did look like he was challenging his inner Magneto. Next step of the chapter with Edge appears to be coming next week as he'll return.

Not sure what is more shocking: Zelina getting a win or Liv losing just two nights before the PPV. That didn't seem very beneficial for the match with Carmella, but hopefully that won't matter if Liv wins.

Too many talk shows in WWE lol. Riddick Moss being a random return to be a lackey for Happy Corbin is something. I imagine the blowoff for this will be via kickoff match at the PPV or next Friday. The winner likely provides an indicator for Owens' future in the company, too.

The idea of using Nikki and Rhea more on Smackdown: Sounds good to me. The idea of using Nikki and Rhea more on Smackdown to have a match with Natalya: Sounds bad to me. At least Shotzi and Tegan showed up, indicating they didn't forget that they're due for a championship match.

Zayn driving a wedge between Dom and his father seems like a pretty logical step to the story, despite the fact it's way too soon to break Dom away from Rey.

Very intrigued to see what the plan is with Noami. They're actually getting a good bit of mileage out of the fact that Naomi has been present but hasn't been able to wrestle on Smackdown. The tension between her and Sonya was really good too. Sonya really "and then the bell rang" -ed her, which was pretty savage.

Color me uninterested in The Usos vs. Alpha Academy.

Seemed weird that Dawkins wasn't around but that allowed Ford to cut a pretty damn good promo early in the show, effectively pulling out the punk card on The Bloodline and setting up a fun main event between Ford and Reigns. It was cool that Reigns didn't scoff at Ford's promo and just wanted to fight him. That said, it presented kind of an interesting deviation with Reigns' usage though. He wrestled twice on Monday, tonight, and then will on Sunday. They're making it less special when he actually wrestles. Absolutely LOL moment with the table collapsing just due to Ford stepping onto it. That table absolutely will go into business for itself...but imagine that happening when McAfee does his thing during the Nakamura entrance (good thinking on McAfee's feet by trying to cover by saying “I thought it was my fat ass dancing on the table!”'. Rock Bottom-like moves by Reigns have to be somewhat notable. Ford held his own in the match and didn't look too out of place, which was good to see. He had one notable flub but I thought he showed good fire and aggression, stepping up to the plate in a big moment. Fun appearance by The Demon and he absolutely wrecked The Bloodline. Doesn't bode well for Sunday, but we shall see what they cook up for a finish.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Having Liv lose in under three minutes just before her PPV match is asinine booking.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Having Liv lose in under three minutes just before her PPV match is asinine booking.
    Especially to someone who I believe doesn't have a win prior

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think Smackdown did a better job preparing for the PPV as usual. Some big matches for the show from the blue brand to be excited about.

Pretty disappointing having Riddick Moss back as Corbin's sidekick. Corbin is fine on his own and maybe a surprise debut from someone in NXT would've been a more suitable fit. They've tried a number of ways to make Moss visible on the main shows and it's just not clicking.

Not too bothered about Liv losing as I think it's just part of a bigger picture, be it a title run on SD or a move to Raw to chase the title at some point. Curious what direction things go in for Naomi. Nice that they're finally putting her back on the show and hope Sonya trying to get rid of her leads to something bigger.

Good way of using Montez vs. Reigns to build up both titles matches they'll be involved in. I thought the Otis & Gable interaction with the Usos was leading to an injury angle for Street Profits and Alpha Academy take their title shot. Overall really good developments on the show, ready for Extreme Rules.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I might have smackdown on just to see what happens with the draft but I'm not super invested.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So SD could have drafted Lashley, Styles, Balor, Rollins, the Usos, the IC/US champ and yet the choose Corbin? That’s like passing on Trevor Lawrence for someone projected to go in the 5th round.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I might have smackdown on just to see what happens with the draft but I'm not super invested.
    I forgot the draft was happening tonight. Since I got in in time to see the last half hour or so of the show, I'm watching Sasha/Bianca. But by gawd, I can't stand asshole Becky. I know I'm not "supposed" to like her, but her commentary, and them having to talk to her throughout the match to sell the story, is insufferable. I had to mute.

In other other notes from what I've seen, Jeff bowing to "I do what I want" Lesnar kinda simultaneously makes Jeff smart and "Cody giving up the car to the carjacker".

Charlotte now on the show makes Smackdown even worse tv. I kinda hope that since her and Becky are on the same show again, they do that match for the 1,000th time and merge the titles.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fallout from the first night of the draft:

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    So SD could have drafted Lashley, Styles, Balor, Rollins, the Usos, the IC/US champ and yet the choose Corbin? That’s like passing on Trevor Lawrence for someone projected to go in the 5th round.
    They didn't do a good job of explaining it, but they were drafting from the available pool of talent for the night.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That draft system was hella weird.

“Suplexorcist” has to be the next Reigns shirt like now.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Edge has a dope crib!

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Pretty old to be sleeping in a crib but there are a lot of weirdos out there.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Pretty old to be sleeping in a crib but there are a lot of weirdos out there.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Review

Hit rowwwww

Fin.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Oh and I bet Vince had no idea who Daniel and David were who Edge called were, Forbidden door indeed

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I also bet you didn't until you read the news article about it

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I saw it straight away near enough from SRS on twitter, Also they aren't my former employees.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I want to employ them to clean my house

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk