User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: The Official Friday Night Smackdown Thread

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A side note: how awkward did Asuka look, who I’m a big fan of, just standing there while Carmella jumped Sasha?

FTR, not a fan of this Carmella heel turn, actually thought she was more entertaining as a face/R-Truth ally...

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    A side note: how awkward did Asuka look, who Iím a big fan of, just standing there while Carmella jumped Sasha?

FTR, not a fan of this Carmella heel turn, actually thought she was more entertaining as a face/R-Truth ally...
    Agree with that.

That couldíve been way more interesting if Asuka laughed at Sasha, but yeah no reaction whatsoever. Youíd think she react one way or the other. Either care and preserve Sasha so she can face her at her best or be heelish and just laugh.

She did fuck all. Way to promote the match against two of the best in the company!

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like they’ve just turned Asuka into a spouting “haha me speak English occasionally!” losing the fact of how badass she was in the first place.

That shit with her spouting catchphrases....ughhhh!!!

Btw just in case that seemed harsh to some folk, was a point about how WWE are having her act. She can talk fine if they let her.
    Last edited by Badger; November 21st, 2020 at 11:52 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asuka is who Vince wants Ronda/Nia/Shayna to be.

Dumbfuck Deplorable Vince pandering to the lowest common denominator with the “Me Japanese, no speak English” act. Was she booked this poorly on Paul’s NXT?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was she booked this poorly on Paul’s NXT?
    Quite the opposite

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely not. She was fucking badass and killing everyone in her path. The first bad step was at Mania instead of keeping her mystique by having her defeat the seemingly unbeatable Charlotte, they did the complete opposite and made her mere ordinary losing to Charlotte. Charlotte’s owned her in meetings since. Then there was the stupid shit with Ellsworth/Carmella and it all went to shit from there.

One of if not the best pure skilled technical females women’s wrestling all over the world and they made her into a joke with more occasional flashes of being badass. Not her fault at all but a shadow of her former self who’s become a punchline despite being Raw women’s champ

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They definitely fumbled with Asuka for awhile but I feel like they rebounded with her a fair bit with her run with the Kabuki Warriors and getting back on track as a singles star afterwards. She was carrying RAW and SD when this Covid shit started. Also, she has beaten Charlotte. She's kind of been treading water as of late but she hasn't really had a real feud in a hot minute.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    She was carrying RAW and SD when this Covid shit started.
    If by Asuka you mean Bayley, then yes.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If by Asuka you mean Bayley, then yes.
    Bayley didn't hit her stride until a few weeks after COVID started. Asuka was killing it ahead of Bayley. The first few weeks without a crowd, Asuka was fantastic, playing to the cameras even while she was in the background.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    They definitely fumbled with Asuka for awhile but I feel like they rebounded with her a fair bit with her run with the Kabuki Warriors and getting back on track as a singles star afterwards. She was carrying RAW and SD when this Covid shit started. Also, she has beaten Charlotte. She's kind of been treading water as of late but she hasn't really had a real feud in a hot minute.
    Eventually got a piece of revenge on Charlotte, but that didn’t matter so much as Charlotte was still on a higher pedestal and that’s how they always will portray her even though she’s absent. Don’t get me wrong, Charlotte is fucking great but I still feel as soon as she’s back, it’ll be back to square one.

Also I feel they missed a real opportunity to have her beat Charlotte at Mania and really establish her properly but instead just another stepping stone for Charlotte. Add Rhea Ripley to that list.

Do also agree with you on the Kabuki Warriors though, but whenever Kairi Sane went singles, she was still fodder for the likes of Nia Jax and I’m not even covering the botches there. She was just low on the pecking order.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rhea Ripley greeting: “Oooh she was better than me!” What the hell was that? She prior owned War Games and Shayna Bayzler!!!

She has regained traction but fuck that was still cringe.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good opening segment, allowing Reigns to continue to rag on Uso. It shouldn't have been that way, considering Uso helped tip the scales in the match with McIntyre but Reigns wasn't going to allow Uso to feel like there was some shine available for him. Reigns knows he has Uso under his thumb so now it's just about breaking and motivating him more to do his bidding. That paid dividends in a hurry as that mean strike hit Otis.

Still hate the trope of the champions being pinned to create No. 1 contenders. That's not how it is supposed to work lol. The match between Roodolph and Street Profits was good, at least.

Going to Zayn was one of the routes they suggested Bryan could take once he came back. It wasn't the one I expected immediately after last week but I appreciated it because the match was really fun. The brain buster one the apron looked gnarly. Not a finish I was thrilled with but it did a nice job weaving everything together that's been displayed over the last few weeks (Uso/Bryan, KO and Bryan pairing up).

I hope they take their time in getting towards Bayley and Bianca. Just let Bianca stack up some wins and have Bayley on commentary.

Rollins is gone, Mysterio's eye is magically good to go! I'm not sure why they wanted to have the Mysterios outright playing interference for Murphy. Not a very noble thing to do. Weird role for all of them so I'm curious to see what plan they have there.

Just based off the optics, they made good on Bryan/Zayn and they're finally setting the table for E to make his next move. I was hoping Bryan or E was going to be the the thorn in Zayn's side after Survivor Series. We got both, but it's looking like E is going to have the bigger emphasis and potentially the best chance to make the most of it. They've steadily done a nice job giving Zayn wins in very nefarious ways, so that makes you want to see him get beat. E is going to have the chance to do so and it should be interesting to see how they book it to see how he outsmarts Zayn. Good opening chapter there.

At least Sasha got hers over Carmella.

Main Event Uso AGAIN! I'm pretty sure this was the fifth episode of Smackdown that has had him in the final match. This was a different kind of physicality from last week's match with Bryan for Uso. It was quite clear that the theme of the match was not really to see who could pin the other and KO/Uso were really out there to inflict some damage on each other. We got a Steen Breaker. The finish was silly but it played into the story. This all does seem to be leading to Uso breaking into a darker level. Reigns broke his spirit but now Uso's going mad.

It does seem like Owens hit a sudden breaking point of sorts for himself this week too. I guess because Bryan is someone he's outright said he respects and KO didn't like how Reigns' need to run everything directly interfered closer to the orbit of Owens. Either way, there was more attitude in Owens tonight...which was good to see. Owens hit Reigns with the Alex Riley and finally has some direction. Good stuff.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh...Lars Sullivan has NOT been missed.

Daniel Bryan's Dreams just kicked you in the balls!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jey's doing a terrific job showing how tormented he is. It comes across perfectly in the the way he rubs his head and talks to himself.

I was really confused as to why the Mysterios were interfering so much in Murphy's match. I can't remember if Corbin cheated to beat Rey in the SS qualifying match. That's the only explanation I can think of.

Smackdown's line up for TLC is starting to take shape:

- Bayley vs Bianca (might end up on the pre-show)
    - Sasha vs Carmella
    - Sammy vs Big E
    - Roman vs KO

Roman and KO could have a TLC match. I don't know if they'll go with gimmicks for the other matches.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they'll go schmozz finish in the Raw #1 contenders match and it'll be them 3, Drew and Braun in a 5 way TLC. Reigns and Owens get the chairs match, Lana/Asuka vs. Nia/Shayna gets the tables and I guess E and Sami gets the ladder match maybe with Cesaro and Nakamura reuniting with Sami to cost E.

Daniel Bryan's Dreams just kicked you in the balls!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With chairs being featured so prominently on Smackdown I thought about a chairs match, but would they really saddle Roman with that kind of gimmick?

I thought I would share it simply because Alvarez went through the trouble of counting. The Mysterios interfered 9 times in a 4 minute match. Bizarre.