Results 2,601 to 2,608 of 2608

Thread: The Official Friday Night Smackdown Thread

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    The IWC wants everyone to turn heel. Heel vs Heel are such great matches. I want Roman to lose this thing, so we can move on. Roman has beaten the only other over face in LA Knight multiple times. Rock/Roman will be interesting now, but only if Roman is face. Let Cody win, have him face Gunther or Solo or Drew or AJ. Cody/AJ/Finn would be a fun Bullet Club feud. We don't need Roman to sit on his ass just to pad stats in a fake sport. Rock needs some good press as Black Adam probably killed a good chunk of good faith in Hollywood for him.
    It didn't. Not everything The Rock does in Hollywood is going to be a mega smash hit. I mean it's not like those Jumanji movies didn't make a killing but yes, Black Adam hurt him so badly he had to go back to wrestling and that will right the wrongs..........Naw.

The Rock is going to help Cody and that will begin the build to Rock v. Roman. Whether that's at Mania 41 is to be seen. I think Roman will win the belt back by then anyway.

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Woah black Adam bam a lam

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've got a framework of where Rock is going for the next few weeks: late 90s Rock. Based on his characterization, that makes it a challenge for everyone else from an optics standpoint. I'm of the belief we're getting the tag match on Night 1. That'll make it a challenge for Rhodes and Rollins to step up to the mic and deliver the goods against THAT version of The Rock. They're good at what they do and they can deliver but that's a different bar to clear when that's the opponent. Reigns, who has been the center of attention, might fall to the fourth-character in this story because Rhodes and to some extent Rollins need to elevate. It's like back in the day too when Rock was crapping on the crowd and they're loving it, so that means he's going to craft narratives that can be sustainable to get ire from the audience. It will be fun to see play out.

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Do they do the tag match so that if Cody and Rollins lose, Cody's story is over? Similar to Bryan and HHH at 30?

Former Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Do they do the tag match so that if Cody and Rollins lose, Cody's story is over? Similar to Bryan and HHH at 30?
    Hmmmm…..

My gut is it kinda makes the outcome more obvious if they did that. I’d be okay if they did that of course but honestly I’m leaning on no stipulation.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Hmmmm…..

My gut is it kinda makes the outcome more obvious if they did that. I’d be okay if they did that of course but honestly I’m leaning on no stipulation.
    The faces can lose the tag match and it's probably fine big picture and probably favorable if a specific person ate the pin. Imagine if the Bloodline does their usual shenanigans and Rock pins Rhodes. You create more doubt for Rhodes going into Night 2, Rock gets to stand tall to end Night 1. Despite that Rhodes finishes his story the next night, and someone has a bone to pick with Rhodes: the guy who pinned him the night before. You've got a ready-made title defense for Rhodes later in the year.

Former Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    The faces can lose the tag match and it's probably fine big picture and probably favorable if a specific person ate the pin. Imagine if the Bloodline does their usual shenanigans and Rock pins Rhodes. You create more doubt for Rhodes going into Night 2, Rock gets to stand tall to end Night 1. Despite that Rhodes finishes his story the next night, and someone has a bone to pick with Rhodes: the guy who pinned him the night before. You've got a ready-made title defense for Rhodes later in the year.
    Hmmm you make a very good argument there sir!

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm looking forward to when the Rock says he's the leader of the Bloodline, turning Roman Reigns face. Think Rock and Faarooq in the Nation.