Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,600 of 2608

Thread: The Official Friday Night Smackdown Thread

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You know who's not a candidate for best frog splash? Santos Escobar. That frog splash on KO was awful.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with you about Santos. Dirty Dom has more of a parody of a frog splash than an actual splash, but somehow it works for his character.

Former Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Agree with you about Santos. Dirty Dom has more of a parody of a frog splash than an actual splash, but somehow it works for his character.
    Yeah he basically does the same thing with Three Amigos.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also Logan Paul should probably be in the frog splash conversation too.

I would give myself an A+ VoteTrump24's Avatar
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Montez can be a HUGE singles star!

Nothing against Dawkins as like him too but Montez should be pushed to the moon…especially adding Bianca.

I love frog splashes like RVD, Eddie etc but Montez is definitely a candidate for best one ever. Dude gets heeeeight!
    Yes, to all of this.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently there was a Spanish Fly botch and Theory and Hayes clashed heads then the ref had to stop it early.

Also Kross’s new stable is called The Final Testament. Nice name.

Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theory and Hayes are both reported to be okay after that scary bungled spot.

As I've said, Kross has never clicked with me so I'm really hoping this new stable helps me give a shit. Love big Bobby/SP and AOP were always fun to watch, so I am optimistic this feud could be something worth watching.

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Also Kross’s new stable is called The Final Testament. Nice name.
    Well I thought the judgment day was a stupid name at first but I've gotten used to it. I assume I'll just get used to this shitty name too down the road.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really slick presentation for the presumably remastered Legado del Fantasma as Legado World Order. Pair a good video package and a cheap win in a very solid tag match and they're off on the right track. There really is a growing trend of trios emerging in WWE.

I like the premise that's been built over the progression of the KO/Paul match. The fists are the equalizers for both in their current states and Paul is doing to heelish but smart thing by saying all bets are off if KO uses the cast during their match. Owens wouldn't knowingly do that because he's the face here and wants to teach Paul a lesson but this call by Paul is putting the attention on Owens' hand while Paul presumably with nefariously with brass knuckles or something of the sort. Good storytelling.

I've seen Bianca/Bayley too many times over the last year to really be jazzed up to see it again. With very little cooking in the Women's division on the blue brand, seems like a direction or the direction to go would be Bayley actually winning the Rumble and taking her frustration out on IYO.

Between the Legado, KO, Final Testament, and Bate/Butch segments, you're seeing more at work in terms of a regime change in relation to production. I think the value of that is going up and it's coming off as different. I approve all of it. You got a lot out of the brief segment with BSS. Bate presented his meditative persona that he had at the end of his time in NXT, brought up the past with a Triple H reference, and teased what's ahead for the eventual return of the Brusierweight.

Kind of interesting to see how Dragon Lee has kayfabe wise been schemed out of Smackdown and Carmelo Hayes, who was getting over with a tepid crowd, is slowly being phased in. Just seems kind of unorthodox but still interesting to see how it is playing out. Really rough ending to a fairly entertaining match between Hayes and Theory. Hopefully both guys end up okay. We've seen two matches stopped over the last two weeks due to injury. Goes without saying that it is unfortunate to see the injuries happen but I'm glad that cooler heads prevailed and the officials involved did the smart thing to just stop the matches despite whatever might have been planned in the aftermath.

Aldis continues to be great in his role. Stealing the mic out of Heyman's hand and establishing he's more superior than Heyman were solid moves. It was a nice touch to see that the Bloodline actually had the numbers game work against them. In addition, it was good to see that heels actually had trouble finding a partner. The trope is that the faces usually don't band together but that's been rectified over time, so it was nice to see a faction that has caused chaos struggled to find a partner. Shoutout to Pretty Deadly with their faint attempt to get on Heyman's good side. The Shield's Triple Powerbomb onto Sikoa was nice, but that would've been more impactful if it was on Reigns. "Screw the Bloodline" would've been a good closing line to the show. Not so sure about "screw his big ass" towards Sikoa hit the same way lol.

Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I imagine Bayley locking in the babyface turn by reinstalling the top ponytail to a big pop.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I imagine Bayley locking in the babyface turn by reinstalling the top ponytail to a big pop.
    Hug into a Bayley to Belly.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aldis has been the greatest GM since Bischoff and Regal. Only been a couple of months or so but he’s rinsed Reigns just in that one segment the other week while Pearce has been a pussy to Reigns for like two years lol.

I am wondering if there is a long-term plan to get him back in the ring or at least be a “hands-on” GM.

If him and Reigns get a match down the road, that is going to be fiiiiiire even if Reigns pulls every trick out of the book to beat him.

It’s like Austin/McMahon vibes so far except roles reversed where the big boss is the sympathetic character this time fighting against the employee trying to pull the strings.

Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Hug into a Bayley to Belly.
    Yes, that first and then as she stands over a fallen IYO, she reaches in her pocket for the hair-tie and PONYTAIL. Bayley Buddies return for her big Mania entrance.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually here’s a thought when catching up with Smackdown in full tonight…why is AJ since his return not wrestling in casual black jeans and shoes and not his usual gear?

Dunno if it’s a hidden message I’m not getting or a genuine injury reason he’s not wrestling in his usual tights/boots.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually here’s a thought when catching up with Smackdown in full tonight…why is AJ since his return not wrestling in casual black jeans and shoes and not his usual gear?

Dunno if it’s a hidden message I’m not getting or a genuine injury reason he’s not wrestling in his usual tights/boots.
    He's supposed to be going in this darker, "lone wolf I don't think I need anyone" type approach. He was legit hurt with the ankle injury last year but I think this is just to present him in a different light.

Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Angelo has trimmed down well, and Montez is all-around.

The WWE is hard to stand out in right now, but man these two should have a top program.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    He's supposed to be going in this darker, "lone wolf I don't think I need anyone" type approach. He was legit hurt with the ankle injury last year but I think this is just to present him in a different light.
    I guess…

I suppose they could’ve given him a black set of tights/boots if his ankle’s better. It’s a bit weird seeing him wrestle in essentially street clothes. Not a huge deal, just a bit weird.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another top notch episode. Solo being boss spiking everyone, Nick/Paul Heyman, Roman getting a bit of a one-up on Aldis. RKOs everywhere. That RKO counter from the Spear, I’ll admit to slightly screaming in my flat with joy! Although it probably means Roman is retaining but I think we all kinda know that. If they prove me wrong and pull the trigger on Orton, I will scream even louder that the whole of Perth will hear!

Anyways other stuff. Women’s tag was nice. Good to see the Spooky Witch girls back. Kinda wanted them to win but understandable they want to give the KCs a decent reign because those tag titles have been cursed lol. Kabuki Warriors/KCs should be a treat.

Pretty Deadly/BSS was solid. Whenever BSS get to Judgment Day that should also be good.

6 man tag was fun. Kinda wish Carlito wasn’t the one to take the fall but that’s minor. When he goes one on one with Santos, that should be a fun one.

Waller volunteering Theory to face Hayes again was amusing. Hope Waller volunteering Theory for stuff stays a recurring gag.

Logan Paul/KO on the KO show…kinda had a feeling it would end like that with Logan baiting him to take the cast off and targeting the hand. However gives me hope this is leading to KO having the last laugh at the Rumble.

I give this show 9 Badgers out of 10 setts.
    Last edited by Badger; January 20th, 2024 at 9:04 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wilde was not someone I expected to get a rub from the implosion of the LWO but he really has been able to show out in any match he's been in.

Hilarious that the premise that Pretty Deadly was caught off guard of Bate's arrival and that led to the loss then the re-debut of Pete Dunne was the reason for the loss in this episode. There's really something to be said that a name goes a long way for a character. It's hard to ignore that Dunne came off as more of a star when he walked out of the back. He had that swagger and Graves did a good job of putting him over. I think BSS has a lot of potential as a tag team in Triple H's WWE. His name is back and there were brusierweight chants in Atlanta. Good stuff.

The KO Show produced an extremely solid talking segment. Paul really held his own and Owens did his job too. I think everyone rightfully anticipated that the two would manufacture a great match so with a talking segment this productive, I think the expectations could go up a bit more because they've done the work to make it matter up in the build to the actual match.

I'm fine with Katana and Kayden as a tag team or even getting a run as champions but it seems evident we're biding our time until the Kabuki Warriors take the gold.

Like the build for Lashley/Profits and Final Testament. It's a good secondary story that can lead to a big Smackdown match or even potentially EC.

Glad to see that Theory seemed to be okay as he didn't miss any TV time. Something notable with Hayes is that some of his cool factor got revitalized being on the main roster. He had that in spades on NXT but it's kind of gotten diluted the longer he's stayed in NXT. I think that and his youth are very big factors to his promise early on Smackdown.

I was kind of surprised that the ranking of popularity in Atlanta went Orton, Knight, Styles (most to least). Seemed like Styles/Knight worked well enough together in their match. There was some clunkiness in there early but the crowd didn't care one bit. Not surprised that didn't get a finish there. I am a little surprised that it came at the expense of having Sikoa losing. His momentum when it comes to aura seems to be a bit disjointed. He was undefeated for a good bit and then started taking high-leverage losses to contenders for Reigns, then he got a very big moment in taking Cena out, and he really stepped up to reassure Reigns that things would be okay by the end. It's kind of interesting.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kevin Patrick has been released:

https://rajah.com/index.php/node/rep...k-released-wwe

Right move, just wasn’t the right guy for the job. Looks like Cole is taking his place at least until they can get a replacement.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was a little shocked they released him as I figured maybe he would have been put back on Level Up or doing backstage interviews, maybe something in production. Either way the guy never clicked. The combos at the booth have been more miss than hit for many, many years. It's just a hard job to find someone with experience for one, and for two, we were spoiled with the greats of yesteryear.

I think Corey Graves is great in his role, Michael Cole despite being a mediocre talent has a place. If Pat would come back, him and Cole calling SD or Raw would be obvious money. I think Vic Joseph and Booker T are a solid team but I don't think they're going to split them up anytime soon. Vic would be great as he wasn't ready the first time around and it showed with that terrible announcing team he was part of.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    I highly expect all three challengers to double dip.
    No Yeet.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cody: “But not at Wrestlemania.”

well… k then.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Power doesn't Panic. WWE just panicked.

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Oh do fuck off Dwayne.

Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Oh do fuck off Dwayne.
    This. I could basically just quote myself from the RAW thread where Rock beat up Jinder now that the direction is cleat. There was a time Rock/Roman would have slightly interested me and felt important but that was about three years ago. Now, not only do I not give a shit but I am legit crusty about it because Cody's got to step aside for it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rock main eventing against Roman just killed my hype for Mania.

Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This makes no sense. We've been told Wrestlemania is the biggest show every year, why would any wrestler give their spot up? Ugh.

Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently the Rock/Reigns confrontation clip on Youtube is the most disliked video WWE's ever posted, so that's pretty funny.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is still time to course correct, but... this definitely drops the turkey before it gets to the table.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Rock main eventing against Roman just killed my hype for Mania.
    Yep. At least I’ll go to bed a little earlier one night.

This. I could basically just quote myself from the RAW thread where Rock beat up Jinder now that the direction is cleat. There was a time Rock/Roman would have slightly interested me and felt important but that was about three years ago. Now, not only do I not give a shit but I am legit crusty about it because Cody's got to step aside for it.
    Agreed. It’s not interesting. It’s a boring angle. So much for Cody “finishing the story” or whatever Trips said. What inning is this now?

The look on Cody’s face and his body language as he walked away was something else. That dude looked legitimately upset at the turn of events. WWE did him real dirty.

I’ll keep telling myself a swerve is coming.
    Last edited by BigAl; February 3rd, 2024 at 12:54 PM.

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I hope Dwayne sees the negativity and corrects this otherwise he's one giant doo doo head

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, IF the plan is for Cody to not only win Roman's title but to win both and unify them, then I like that and it would be a huge deal. Even better than just winning Roman's title.

BUT the way they'd be getting there is dumb. And look I get it. Vince is looking like a likely candidate for prison, CM Punk just got hurt, WM is around the corner and TKO are probably shitting themselves. Rock is Rock. It's gonna be a draw.

But that doesn't change the fact that they just made Cody look like a goddamn dope.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thought. In front of a smart crowd at mania we should prepare to hear a non-stop "Rocky Sucks" chant.

Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just saw a report that the rock is facing Roman reigns at the main event of WM. Wow! Two titans finally facing off. Super hyped for this.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man what a burial for Cody that was. What's the point of this?

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So... how many are quitting watching WWE this time?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m a huge Rock fan and have no desire to see him interrupt Cody’s story. These were Cody’s words to the Bleacher Report two weeks ago.

The Rock made a surprise return to WWE earlier this month on Raw and mentioned "The Head of the Table," which is one of Reigns' nicknames. That inevitably got people talking about a Reigns vs. Rock match at WrestleMania. Rhodes doesn't envision The Rock cutting him in line and interrupting his story, though, as he noted:

"You mentioned 'The Great One' The Rock, nothing but respect for him. I went and saw 'Jungle Cruise,' I'm a Rock fan. I don't think he's the type that would come in and meddle with a story that's been being told over the past two years. I think he's probably up to something else, but you never know with WWE. I'll be watching just like everybody else when I'm not wrestling."

To Rhodes' point, The Rock was named to the board of directors Tuesday for TKO Group Holdings, which is the name of the company formed by the merger between WWE and UFC. The Rock also appeared on ESPN's First Take on Tuesday, and while he admitted that a match between himself and Reigns could happen at a WrestleMania, he called himself a "long-gamer" and discussed his desire to have a proper build toward a match.
    This shift makes no sense and makes Cody look uncharacteristically stupid…so I can’t think this was the plan until a few days ago. Maybe there was pressure from the powers that be at TKO? Maybe Rock’s busy schedule means he can’t guarantee being free for next year’s Mania and they’re afraid of the match never happening? If they had built Cody vs Seth in the background and made that match believable, that would be one thing. But for Cody to give up a title shot which he earned in the Rumble, after telling Reigns at the Rumble that he was coming for him? That’s weak as hell.

The only way to turn this around, or reveal one heck of a long game, is for the Bloodline to injure Rock, Cody comes back in to take the title, and then Rock and Reigns get it on at a later date. But that means teasing and then reneging on a Rock match just like they’ve seemingly done with Cody. If they go through with this, I wonder if we get an anti Rock sentiment at Mania or a full blown Lesnar vs Goldberg WM XX atmosphere.

Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the biggest thing that's lame about this is there were other ways they could have done this. Cody not winning the rumble, Cody being convinced by Seth that he's the REAL top guy/the better champion, anything. Instead, they had Cody say he WANTED Roman's title that he's just stepping aside despite winning the Rumble.

Still room for Cody to explain his full motive, but it also doesn't help that Cody's beaten Seth three times already and if he goes for.that title, what's their to prove?

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Id be ok if they made it a triple threat.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Y’all are overreacting, maybe let this play out a little bit…we have like two months…

Let Paul cook.

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Overreacting is my middle name.

Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you're underreacting.

Paul. Ringo. John. Carl. TapOut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Between the program with The Rock, the politics surrounding it and the other issues going on behind the scenes, they definitely have my renewed attention, for better or worse.

Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If nothing else, it's just nice to have Tapout back.

Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    If nothing else, it's just nice to have Tapout back.
    somethingsomething TapIN, amirite?

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Y’all are overreacting, maybe let this play out a little bit…we have like two months…

Let Paul cook.
    Paul's been cooking for awhile and its turned into burnt ash. I am getting a little tired of HHH knows what he is doing when he is just booking heels stronger than Gods and faces as weak morons ie his entire Reign of Terror. We have no contenders for the IC belt, Cody is Seth's opponent by default as is Becky. Bayley is a heel who just turned face and we have Rock coming back in a story no one wants. The tag team division has disappeared thanks to the weak ass booking of Judgement Day. We have a money in the bank winner getting blue balled for months by Mami, because they really didn't want to LA Knight to have it. I am sorry but this entire year has been a waste of time. You literally could have fallen asleep after Mania Night 2 ended, wake up and nothing has changed. This has been a lost year, because HHH wants to pad stats for a fake sport.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeseToTheFace View Post
    So... how many are quitting watching WWE this time?
    I'm not going anywhere. I just got back in.

Though it does feel like now I'm back to watching mainly for the politics and backstage drama and I don't like that. Didn't like it before. Like it less now.

Also I'd be surprised as fuck to learn Trips had anything to do with this. I feel like this probably came from above. An edict if you will.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could see this coming as soon as Rock gave that “Head of the Table” hint. If this wasn’t in the middle of Cody’s story the reaction probably wouldn’t be so bad.

I’m just gonna try and give it a chance to see where they go from here. I think there were other extenuating factors too like Punk getting hurt.

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s funny all the hate about the direction WWE is going in. The fact is the WWE blew it last year and even Paul Levesque knew it, if you watched the Press Conference after WrestleMania last year. He was doing what Vince wanted not what should have been done. Personally I believe Cody winning last year made more sense and then have Roman questioning himself about whether he really is the head of the table which leads him to want prove it and facing multiple challenges leading up to the Ultimate Rematch this year against Cody. A Cody-Roman rematch now means nothing…and for those that missed it, CM Punk was supposed to win the Rumble but got injured so they changed the ending - also with Seth Rollins being Injured again they need someone to carry the torch.

Either way Roman’s Reign has gone on for too long and all of this talk about beating Hogan’s combined record is 100% contradictory to what Triple H said about all the history the WWE has because all they have done for the past 3 years is erase it!

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Rock or Cody, reigns is winning at mania

Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallman2001 View Post
    It’s funny all the hate about the direction WWE is going in. The fact is the WWE blew it last year and even Paul Levesque knew it, if you watched the Press Conference after WrestleMania last year. He was doing what Vince wanted not what should have been done. Personally I believe Cody winning last year made more sense and then have Roman questioning himself about whether he really is the head of the table which leads him to want prove it and facing multiple challenges leading up to the Ultimate Rematch this year against Cody. A Cody-Roman rematch now means nothing…and for those that missed it, CM Punk was supposed to win the Rumble but got injured so they changed the ending - also with Seth Rollins being Injured again they need someone to carry the torch.

Either way Roman’s Reign has gone on for too long and all of this talk about beating Hogan’s combined record is 100% contradictory to what Triple H said about all the history the WWE has because all they have done for the past 3 years is erase it!
    Cody was always supposed to win the Rumble.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallman2001 View Post

27 posts in 21 years is outstanding.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let Paul cook.
    bddhshskjsbs

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good post.

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This could work if the Rock plays his "I'm Hollywood and better than you" character. Go full blown heel. Then you insert Cody and make it a Triple Threat. Have Cody pin the Rock at Mania, and Roman saying he never lost, setting up Cody vs. Reigns at SummerSlam with Rhodes winning finally

Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Watching the dirt sheets change their stories so much this weekend has been fun.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another top notch Smackdown.

HHH laying down the law, Bron still undecided where to go and shaking hands with Heyman (foreshadowing something?) and Heyman bringing Rock and Reigns to meet HHH. Speaking of foreshadowing, could this mean Brahma Bull vs The Game? I have mixed feelings about this. Two big names going one on one, but what kind of match will it be if they go down that route? Ring rust is my biggest concern along with HHH’s condition? Maybe he’s been cleared, maybe has been training behind the scenes. Huge match which without a doubt should have been the Mania 2000 main event. Watch this space.

Drew vs Styles was a solid opener. Fairly obvious who was going to win but at least Drew didn’t completely go over clean. Maybe Styles vs LA Knight at Mania?

Finally we get to see Dakota seemingly sticking up for Bayley. I still sense though she will turn on her down the road but glad they’re not rushing it.

Michin vs Bianca. Comfortable victory and easy outcome. Moving on….

BSS vs DIY was just chef’s kiss! Bate carrying Gargano and swinging Ciampa especially was a fantastic display of strength from the Big Strong Boy. Great finish to the match too with Dunne snapping the fingers during the Meet in the Middle set-up and punching Gargano to counter One Final Beat and into the Bitter End.

Love the SD elimination chamber matches for next week. Dom vs KO….Dom may squeeze by (with help obv after KO uses him as a punching bag for the majority). Miz/Logan obviously have history so also intriguing but still picking Logan for that.

Main event was fantastic. When that match was announced I was at first genuinely torn who would win but when it came bell time went for Orton who did the business. Sami’s path to Mania will no doubt still be a very interesting one. Do they give him Drew? Do they put him in the triple threat. Thinking outside the box slightly….maybe GUNTHER? Still lots of options.

I give this show 9 Badgers out of 10 Setts.

Oh PS. Hearing Paul Levesque’s name being ring announced seems weird to me a bit lol.
    Last edited by Badger; February 10th, 2024 at 8:21 AM.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I’m doing the old school Badger reviews for Smackdown. Used to do them every week years ago when we had “reviewers” posters for shows so going old skool.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Yeah I’m doing the old school Badger reviews for Smackdown. Used to do them every week years ago when we had “reviewers” posters for shows so going old skool.
    A welcome return, Sir.

I too really enjoyed Smackers this week. Top stuff right now and feels almost 'must see'.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    A welcome return, Sir.

I too really enjoyed Smackers this week. Top stuff right now and feels almost 'must see'.
    Indeed and thanks mate.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see HHH getting any more physical than maybe exchanging blows with someone. Last I heard he had a defibrillator or pacemaker implanted, which would severely inhibit his ability to take bumps. However, if they lean into the 4-way dance of Reigns/Rock/Rollins/Rhodes, I could see H using Rollins as his one-on-one avatar against the Rock.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by casselmm47 View Post
    I don't see HHH getting any more physical than maybe exchanging blows with someone. Last I heard he had a defibrillator or pacemaker implanted, which would severely inhibit his ability to take bumps. However, if they lean into the 4-way dance of Reigns/Rock/Rollins/Rhodes, I could see H using Rollins as his one-on-one avatar against the Rock.
    Yeah fair enough. I wasn’t 100% on his condition. HHH quoting Rock lines made me think something was in the works.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HHH was always better as a heel. Rock was great in both face and heel roles.

For now, it appears HHH is in the face role while Rock is leaning in to the heel role. If Rock wants to fully embrace the heel, yet remain wildy entertaining, he will attack HHH by just asking if his wife picked him because he's a sleaze just like his father-in-law.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For now, it appears HHH is in the face role while Rock is leaning in to the heel role. If Rock wants to fully embrace the heel, yet remain wildy entertaining, he will attack HHH by just asking if his wife picked him because he's a sleaze just like his father-in-law.
    Aye.

When it was the late 90s us fans were on HHH’s side but ever since they’ve clashed it’s been the Rock we’ve rooted for until recently. Feels strange lol.

Though they probably won’t have a match, something will happen with HHH and Rock at Mania the way HHH did his catchphrases. They might both get involved in Roman/Cody at Mania in some way.

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Aye.

When it was the late 90s us fans were on HHH’s side but ever since they’ve clashed it’s been the Rock we’ve rooted for until recently. Feels strange lol.

Though they probably won’t have a match, something will happen with HHH and Rock at Mania the way HHH did his catchphrases. They might both get involved in Roman/Cody at Mania in some way.
    Roman w/ Rock vs. Cody w/ HHH. Losing manager has to wear a toupee. Think opposite of WM 23 Trump vs. McMahon.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roman w/ Rock vs. Cody w/ HHH. Losing manager has to wear a toupee. Think opposite of WM 23 Trump vs. McMahon.
    I’d certainly pay even more money than Network charge to see that!

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well she did marry the leader of DX.

Seriously though, they're not going to say some stupid shit like that.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    British Strong Style…anyone think they will be the ONES (sorry Jimmy/Jey, crappy pun) to dethrone Judgment Day? I really hope so!

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still bothered that the tag titles are still unified. I figured after The Usos lost them we'd see them split again. It's just weird that they still carry on both sets of titles they should either make them one or brand specific again.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still bothered that the tag titles are still unified. I figured after The Usos lost them we'd see them split again. It's just weird that they still carry on both sets of titles they should either make them one or brand specific again.
    Yeah see what you mean.

Although the tag title division booking has been a sticking point for quite a while, there’s possibly enough teams to make up two divisions on the brands.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well she did marry the leader of DX.

Seriously though, they're not going to say some stupid shit like that.
    Of course they won't, as there's a lawsuit going on, and poking fun at it wouldn't be seen kindly by a prospective judge/jury.

I'm just amusing myself by imagining a crowd pop if Rock asked Triple H if Steph likes to get pooed on? Or how much heat Rock would get if he asked HHH about how he explained Grandpa's fecal perversions to his daughters.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah see what you mean.

Although the tag title division booking has been a sticking point for quite a while, there’s possibly enough teams to make up two divisions on the brands.
    I think both brands have roughly 6 actual teams and you have makeshift teams like the last 3 tag champions who weren't an actual tag-team carrying the belts. I get why JD has the belts but it's time to move on.

Of course they won't, as there's a lawsuit going on, and poking fun at it wouldn't be seen kindly by a prospective judge/jury.

I'm just amusing myself by imagining a crowd pop if Rock asked Triple H if Steph likes to get pooed on? Or how much heat Rock would get if he asked HHH about how he explained Grandpa's fecal perversions to his daughters.
    Dude you're like 60 and this is entertaining to you? lol.

With all that said, I just saw Chelsea Green has started a hashtag #JusticeForChelsea and I'm like.....bad form. Bad bad form.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So like at this point shouldn't the match be Cody vs The Rock at Wrestlemania?

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    So like at this point shouldn't the match be Cody vs The Rock at Wrestlemania?
    If you Smell What The Bloodline Is Cooking.....I think Cody has to run the Gauntlet at Mania.

Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple weeks later and all is right with the world. My tits have been calmed. Rock is heel, as Gawd intended, and his little shitting on the crowd/I'm in the Bloodline now promo was a good time. Apparently Rock turning heel and Cody getting his match back was Dwayne and Co.'s idea after the backlash, so big props to the guy for that.

Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whoa, wrestling is good again

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice heel promo there. I thought they were going to confront HHH?

Anyway, be interesting now to see what Rock does at Mania.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    A couple weeks later and all is right with the world. My tits have been calmed. Rock is heel, as Gawd intended, and his little shitting on the crowd/I'm in the Bloodline now promo was a good time. Apparently Rock turning heel and Cody getting his match back was Dwayne and Co.'s idea after the backlash, so big props to the guy for that.
    I think it had more that his marketing team was realizing people were legit getting pissed at him and won't go to whatever mid movie he was going to be in next.

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah I'm so pissed at the rock I'm not gonna see his movie that will show him

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been working today and busy tonight so not had a chance to watch this yet.

The weekly Badger Smackdown review will come at some point tomorrow.
    Last edited by Badger; February 17th, 2024 at 6:20 PM.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Yeah I'm so pissed at the rock I'm not gonna see his movie that will show him
    TBF, no one has really gone out to see his last few movies.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, I can’t even think of the last Rock movie I saw. San Andreas, maybe? And that was mostly because of D’Arddario. She’s a dime.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been working today and busy tonight so not had a chance to watch this yet.

The weekly Badger Smackdown review will come at some point tomorrow.
    Actually will be Monday now because just realised I’m off Monday so meeting a few friends tomorrow so may not be entirely compos mentes lol.

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    TBF, no one has really gone out to see his last few movies.
    Just sounds like something a wrestling fan would say lol. Like the whole "I'm gonna cancel the network because my guy didn't win"

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobiody could pay me to quit watching wrestling. I need something to bitch about after swearing it off and failing.

Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could not possibly be more on rock and Roman’s side in this feud.

Cody STINKS

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post

Cody STINKS
    Do you like anyone current or have you got Attitude Era Syndrome Fro?

Jokes aside, I might have time to throw up a review this morning actually rather than Monday. Starting Smackers now.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post

Cody STINKS
    Same. Y’all degens about to turn on Rhodes within a month of winning the title.

☝🏻

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Weekly Badgedown Review

Welcome to the weekly Badgedown Review (yes I came up with the name this morning). Might add a wee graphic for my reviews but for now…we have a title lol. I am writing this as I go along taking notes after every match/segment as you’ll be able to tell. Anyway here goes nothing!

The Rock has pulled up in the parking lot. Thank God for him it’s not the NXT parking lot!

Owens/Dom to kick us of…oh R-Truth is here! Might be tempted to give this show 10 Badgers out of 10 Setts already lol. Anyway solid opening affair and Truth once again “steels” the show with a chair. Gets a chair…and sits down!!! Barrett is just the icing on the cake here…”Worst plan execution ever!”! Anyways thought last week Dom was going to win with lots of JD help but this is even better.

Knight and LA backstage…zingers back and forth. I would love to see this singles match some day.

Roman with a smile hugs Jimmy…well that’s a bit new. Maybe he sees value in Jimbo after all lol.

Oh Zelina with the flag a la Backlash…sweeeeet! Ooh Tiff is on the show wrestling her….also sweeet! I had forgotten at this point they were part of the EC qualifiers.

Logan Paul arrives and BSS with mic time. Facing Dom and R-Truth next week too! Laughter guaranteed there!

Nice action between Tiff and Zelina with stables arguing with each other ringside…wait a sec….Tiff WON AND IS GOING TO THE CHAMBER???? That’s massive!!! WWE must be REALLY high on her (and rightfully so!). A little sad for Zelina as she also deserves the spotlight but for now…it’s Tiffy Time!!

OC still trying to make up with Styles who’s having none of it. “Forgot where he came from…ooooh Styles is pissssed!!!!! Also looks like Styles is also trying to light a fire under Karl too. Curious to see if they eventually reunite or even feud/wrestle Styles. Watch this space.

Final Trstament with AOP debut.

I see Damage Control are also doing the Shinsuke technique for promos lol. No dark lighting though.

Why is this douchebag Logan Paul blessed with such great in-ring talent when he doesn’t deserve it? It’s not fair damnit! Mix’s gear is…interesting. Paul-crushing finale! Cody stole my pun gimmick lol. Wait, is that a new Logan Paul finisher? Don’t remember seeing that before! Anyway solid stuff from these two.

Bron and Jade side by side with contracts? Coool. Tiff rubbing in her big win and rightfully so! Jade is not impressed her business is being interrupted and James Bond Aldis calms thing down.

Ohhhh feel the glooow Niiiice! Anyway next qualifier vs Sexy Scottish Spooky Witch One accompanied by Sexy Scottish Spooky Witch Two. Genuinely nice to see Naomi back.. predictable outcome and kinda wish she didn’t have to win at Sexy Scottish Witch Number Two’s expense lol. Neat submission finish.

Dakota asking for Bailey’s help huh? I smell seeeeet uppp on Dakota’s part!!!

Oooh James Bond again with an announcement! Two free agents…one of them no longer a free agent…the newest member of the Smackdown family iiiiiissss

*drum roll*

BROOOOONNNNN BREEAAAAKKKKEEEERRRRR!!!!! Yeeeeesssssss!!!!!!!!

Bloodline Live next…..

Profits/AOP, Bron debut, LA Knight/Drew next week (there’s that match I was hoping for)

Roman’s Godly Head of the Table theme hits. He is wanting acknowledgement yet again. Maybe he has some insecurity issues lol.

Of course Rock is going to get his own entrance. I hoooope it is the Hollywood heel theme…..ehhh it’s the standard theme, which is still great in itself lol.

All time indoor attendance record for Utah apparently. Go Utahhhhhh! Rock then immediately goes Attitude Era heel trailer park trash mode! Yaaasssss!!!!!

I think they do want to boo you sir lol. “50 wives” hahahaaa.

I personally wouldn’t have minded that main event Dwayne lol. But yeah has to be the finish to the story.

It’s funny how Dwayne talks about Cody wanting a rematch. Almost like Cena getting that rematch after Rock whooped his candy ass in their first match lol. As you may be able to tell I’m pausing my TV here at points during Rock’s promo because it is very compelling. Real life doesn’t work that like it’s true. You only get one shot at a story.

No more sing-a-long!!! Awwww!!!!

Bloodlline is cooking!!!!!

Great show! I am actually giving this FIFTEEN Badgers out of Ten Setts. Extra one for R-Truth. Extra one for Tiff. Naomi return gets one. Bron gets an extra one and of course an extra one for the Bloodine chef that is Dwayne the Rock Johnson!

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next week in my review I might turn the insanity down…or up whatever people want lol.

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Cody's about the only interesting thing in WWE. I'm fully expecting him to lose at Mania and go berserk heel mode.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's great that the actual product is good nowadays. It kind of feels like lockdown era, as shit as it was, was a hard reset and was the beginning of the end for the worst era for the company since before the Attitude era. The Jinder Mahal run, the complete bottling of the Roman face push, that early Saudi show 'star' era where Undertaker, Goldberg, DX etc were still on top, the stupid 17 hour Wrestlemania's. I mean, look at that lockdown 'Mania card before it went tits up - Lesnar vs. Drew (no guarantee they roll with Drew if Lesnar's contract was up with stadiums to sell out), Undertaker vs. Styles, Reigns vs. Goldberg, Edge vs. Orton and Cena vs. The Fiend after he was killed by Bill. The women were pretty ice cold with a renewed Charlotte face push and nobody caring about Shayna. I honestly think that 'Mania done as the usual one day extravaganza would have been shit on from a high height, instead of being a feel good bit of live entertainment at the height of the pandemic, ethics notwithstanding.

Some of the decisions haven't been perfect in the Trip era, but last years Wrestlemania was pretty spectacular, and this one's got even more buzz. And you can't really fault the Roman title reign continuing - there's been a handful of times where it's felt they should have pulled the trigger (either of the returns to crowds in 2021, Drew at Clash in the Castle, Sami in Montreal, Cody last year) but we wouldn't have the build this year if you wrap it up there. And maybe, just maybe, it won't be the time to pull the trigger either. I think it is, but there's absolutely enough meat on the bone to keep it going. It just isn't worth the risk of killing Cody off, or Roman getting injured/ill before he can lose it.

Just thinking back to that era, they presented talent so poorly on the main roster that people thought men like Keith Lee and Kyle O'Reilly would be superstars, just based on them being pushed logically on NXT. God knows what the card would be like this year without the reset area - Goldberg vs. Lee, non-Bloodline Usos vs. Undisputed Era, babyface Roman vs. Cena, Rollins vs. Adam Cole. It was heading to that point.
    Last edited by Fanny Batter; February 18th, 2024 at 9:24 AM.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah could see the benefits of them continuing the reign too…but leaning on them ending it. With Rock involved, it’ll just made the final Cody chapter all the more epic.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    The IWC wants everyone to turn heel. Heel vs Heel are such great matches. I want Roman to lose this thing, so we can move on. Roman has beaten the only other over face in LA Knight multiple times. Rock/Roman will be interesting now, but only if Roman is face. Let Cody win, have him face Gunther or Solo or Drew or AJ. Cody/AJ/Finn would be a fun Bullet Club feud. We don't need Roman to sit on his ass just to pad stats in a fake sport. Rock needs some good press as Black Adam probably killed a good chunk of good faith in Hollywood for him.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next week in my review I might turn the insanity down…or up whatever people want lol.
    Enjoyable read. Keep at it man.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeseToTheFace View Post
    Enjoyable read. Keep at it man.
    Muchos Gracias!

Last couple was just posting my thoughts in full after the show. This time I had the thought to actually do it in “real time” so paused after every match/segment to write my notes then when I’ve finished watching, copy and paste then boom there it is!

Think I might stick with the “real time” approach lol.

Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good stuff, Badgeman.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good review, Badge!

I was hoping for the Hollywood theme as well.

*whispers* ". . . . . . . isss coooookin."

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Good review, Badge!

I was hoping for the Hollywood theme as well.

*whispers* ". . . . . . . isss coooookin."
    Like I say I literally went in this blind not seeing any reviews/spoilers. I was hoping for that theme but I guess they’re trying to keep him tweenerish a bit at this point. I suppose it explains the promo a bit.

It might also be foreshadowing that Rock MIGHT do the right thing at Mania and fuck Roman over and this is all an act.

Watch this space!