Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Edit: Badger beat me to it.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good main event but would’ve preferred the DQ to keep Riddle strong after all that build. Kinda flat it was just a clean win for Reigns

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brooooock!!!!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I get that it’s Minnesota, but it feels way too early to break that glass already.

A Vinnie Mac panic move…

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Brock wanted to come and make some more money before Vince shuts down wwe.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn’t see Brock returning tonight and while I usually like his returns this one was “meh” I’m super over Brock/Roman.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    I get that it’s Minnesota, but it feels way too early to break that glass already.

A Vinnie Mac panic move…
    To start, this is not an inspired choice to go with Lesnar but…

Presumably his top option to face Reigns for Summerslam is indefinitely on the shelf. If he was going to try to get inspired and go with another option that was fresh, well that person got hurt a little over two weeks ago. The early scuttle is that Lesnar became an option three weeks ago. I get that line of thinking in the sense that Summerslam is in a stadium and I can’t trust WWE’s booking to cook someone up in essentially a month for that timeline. They probably only have that amount of time because they’ll be too focused on building the competitors for MITB. That’s taking everyone else out of the title picture, outside of maybe 1-2 people who aren’t in MITB and have nothing to do. I’m guessing if they’re not in MITB or don’t have anything to do, they’re seen as low on the totem pole and aren’t worth a damn to Vince when it comes to building for a stadium show. So if it’s not any of those people, there’s not many options left.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They never finished the feud with Rollins/Reigns from Royal Rumble though Seth didnt win by pinfall he has the only win over Roman at a premium event in a long time.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I feel like they could have went Drew winning MITB (because he probably will) and cashing in on Reigns at SummerSlam after Roman smashes random midcarder X. Drew takes the loss after interference which results in the rematch at “Clash at the Castle”.

As for Brock, I had him as the fallback in case Dwayne can’t/won’t do Mania next Spring. Rumble time, Brock’s music hits, there’s your Mania main event. :shrugs:

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for Brock, I had him as the fallback in case Dwayne can’t/won’t do Mania next Spring. Rumble time, Brock’s music hits, there’s your Mania main event. :shrugs:
    some of you are as shit at booking things as vince is.

this fucking feud has been going for over seven years now. fucking end it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    They never finished the feud with Rollins/Reigns from Royal Rumble though Seth didnt win by pinfall he has the only win over Roman at a premium event in a long time.
    At this point, it’s gotta be a viable option just to redo Mania 31 and have Rollins win the briefcase to cash in on them again. He can cash in, pin Lesnar this time and spare Reigns eating the pin. Reigns can go away for a bit or do whatever they want him to do until they try with Rock, Lesnar can go after Rollins for a bit. Since Rhodes is out, might as well use this injury to elevate Rollins and build him up so Rhodes can get his revenge and the championship he desperately craves. Reigns/Rhodes would probably be cool, but Rollins taking responsibility for the injury creates a desire to see him get his…even though Rhodes has beaten his ass three times already haha.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brock/Roman again...jesus balls...

Ok, so with Dupri I'm starting to think he's gonna be his own client.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    some of you are as shit at booking things as vince is.

this fucking feud has been going for over seven years now. fucking end it.
    The two biggest current names in the company, albeit part-timers at this stage in their careers. The only way this feud “ends” is if one walks away and officially retires. I’m as tired of Brock as anybody here, but as long as Vince keeps dangling massive checks to work a handful of dates a year, we’re going to keep seeing Lesnar.

The next big name is sitting at home with a neck brace, probably never to wrestle again. AJ/Randy/Lashley/Sheamus are all on the back nines of their careers, the company is going to need to build up Drew/Seth/Kevin/Cody to hold the fort until the next generation (Steveson/Theory) gets established.

Now feels like a great time to see if the older midcard “tag guys” (Riddle/Montez Ford/Xavier Woods) have any singles chops rather than running back Lesnar/Reigns for the hundredth time…

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Fuck me

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like Lambchop’s Play Along, this is the song that never ends.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    that'll probably still happen

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Cody is healthy by Rumble its gonna come down to him or Rock to face Roman at WM.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Fuck me
    A/s/l?

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see Brock back. Liking this maniac country-boy face run of his as sporadic as appearances are.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I love brock lesnar.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has Lashley faced Roman for the title? I feel like he hasn't but I could be wrong.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    When Roman said that “There’s nobody left”, it made me curious. I totally understand sports entertainment hyperbole but still, I had to do some research.

Since becoming The Tribal Chief and winning the Universal title from The Fiend (Payback, August 30/20), Roman has successfully defended against the following:

-Jey Uso
    -Drew McIntyre
    -Kevin Owens
    -Daniel Bryan
    -Edge
    -Cesaro
    -Rey Mysterio
    -John Cena
    -Finn Balor
    -Brock Lesnar
    -Big E
    -Seth Rollins (DQ loss)
    -Goldberg

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Brock makes things feel legitimate, something no one else can do so I'm more than happy to see him around.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Riddle v. Roman was incredible.

Genuinely shocked at Lesnar's return. I wasn't sure if he was gone, retired, injured, etc.

I'm not negative to them fighting again. They needed a huge match for Summerslam and when was the last time we saw Lesnar in a Last Man Standing match? At least they spread out their battles as opposed to every other week wrestling and then 3 straight ppvs against each other all in a calendar year. Plus I came up during a time where you saw Hogan and Savage feud 5-6 times, Austin and Taker wrestling 100 times and feuding for 2 years straight it seemed.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Watching Smackdowns and Raws without reading results, or rumors, or spoilers, is just a refreshing experience. We are just glued to news so it's really difficult to avoid them. Yeah, it was a genuine surprise when I saw Lesnar. Gives me hope for the future.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Riddle/Reigns got 4.5 stars from Meltzer.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wyndorf View Post
    Watching Smackdowns and Raws without reading results, or rumors, or spoilers, is just a refreshing experience. We are just glued to news so it's really difficult to avoid them. Yeah, it was a genuine surprise when I saw Lesnar. Gives me hope for the future.
    I see you got new ring music! Might take some getting used to because to me you’ll always be Donald. Why Dave Wyndorf out of interest?

Nattie’s Ronda get-up is amusing.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Dave Wyndorf is the lead singer of the best band on the planet, Monster Magnet. If I only had to listen to Monster Magnet for the rest of my life, I'd be quote ok with that.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUITE=Dave Wyndorf;8292765]Dave Wyndorf is the lead singer of the best band on the planet, Monster Magnet. If I only had to listen to Monster Magnet for the rest of my life, I'd be quote ok with that.[/QUITE]

If you’re quote ok then I’m quote ok.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fun main-event. Loads of interference made this even more fun. The Dawkins poooounce was great. Love a good pooooounce.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Five Takeaways:
    Heyman’s promo at the start of the show was confusing. He was so hung up on the fact that he didn’t want Reigns vulnerable at Summerslam due to the winner of MITB, so the resolution is to make sure Sheamus and McIntyre aren’t in the match? That doesn’t make sense because there’s still competitors that will be threats. This line of thinking somehow led to McIntyre and Sheamus wasting two hours to not lose their MITB status and it took the Undisputed Usos down a peg, by losing clean (more or less).

They’re getting father and farther away from the Takeover Dallas aura between Nakamura and Zayn but they’re still really fun together. Zayn in MITB makes more sense at this point than Nakamura. It would be an intriguing tease to see how they’d navigate things if Zayn won the briefcase. I figure an eventual massive betrayal from The Bloodline could lead to a turn for the Honorary Uce. Either that or he can just continue as a sleazy heel. Regardless, he’s a vital asset that fills minutes on Smackdown. We’re gonna need more Zayn/Cowboy Brock segments going into Summerslam.

Neither Ronda or Natalya had the best material to work with, which isn’t a surprise. Natalya surprisingly displayed more heel charisma than I’ve seen in a while as she leaned into bagging on Ronda. Meanwhile, Ronda just really delivered her dialogue without much emotion. This build has been a bit better than I thought it would be, but I don’t have a lot of optimism towards Ronda after this feud.

It feels like GUNTHER has gone through at least three themes since getting called up. Pick one and go with it. Sheesh. The evil foreigner gimmick is very outdated but it probably works way too conveniently for GUNTHER. That also provides a story and motivation for the champion and the challengers that will rise up. That’s more purpose than the championship has seen in quite some time so while this is low-hanging fruit, beggars can’t be choosers in terms of midcard stories.

A bad McAfee promo will eventually come but it wasn’t here on this show. The guy always delivers when they give him a microphone with promo time. He’s always in control and he knows how to get the crowd into the moment. For better or worse, he’s one of the bigger stars in WWE so it makes sense to utilize his star power to try to fill a stadium. McAfee and Corbin are pretty good pals IRL so I imagine they’ll put together a good match. That would be welcomed rather than just having McAfee play the hits to wow the crowd. Speaking of, the crowd certainly liked the idea of the match. Doesn’t make a lot of sense though, since Corbin lost the feud with Moss, gets this setup for Summerslam and Moss is just stuck backstage working out.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally would prefer that Zayn stay heel and descend further into madness because he’s just too entertaining at the heel. If the Bloodline betray him, he could always just go back to this being another conspiracy theory against him.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lost hope that Dupri was going to show last night then he appeared. I'm leaning towards him representing himself as the male model but I'd like to be wrong.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeseToTheFace View Post
    I lost hope that Dupri was going to show last night then he appeared. I'm leaning towards him representing himself as the male model but I'd like to be wrong.
    I was thinking it was going to be himself ultimately but the fact that he's talking about clients in the plural sense seems to kill that possibility. I'm still hoping it's Mace and Mansoor like the dark segments as i think both guys have potential and having seen them on UUDD, they also can be charismatic and zany which could really help sell the gimmick, too.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I liked max Dupri. I also liked Shanky, though I see him releases soon

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I was thinking it was going to be himself ultimately but the fact that he's talking about clients in the plural sense seems to kill that possibility. I'm still hoping it's Mace and Mansoor like the dark segments as i think both guys have potential and having seen them on UUDD, they also can be charismatic and zany which could really help sell the gimmick, too.
    Mansoor especially was fantastic on UUDD. Singing “My Sacrifice” forgetting they don’t have the rights and playing Tekken one-handed plus nose!

He’d make a great cocky heel. The only slight possible drawback is they want to keep him face due to their Saudi Arabia shows but also they may not just care as he’ll probably still get cheered regardless and they’re making money off the show anyway.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Five Takeaways:
    Nothing like an old-fashioned…battle royal. Not a damn point to the battle royal and they made it clearly evident that who the important people were and weren’t as the four vying for the final spot were eliminated first (other than Corbin). Rollins actually came off rather smart as there was literally nothing at stake for this and he eliminated himself when confronted with the idea of tangling with Omos. Corbin did what Miz couldn’t on Monday by hiding and stealing the win at the end. While this just filled 30 minutes, with nothing there for the winner, Corbin gets the cheap win and the heat to make him more unbearable in preparation for the build with McAfee.

The women’s MITB participants really got the short end of the stick compared to the men. They had a six-woman tag, also without stakes, and with a lot less sizzle. Becky had the smarts like her husband, as she opted for commentary rather than competing in this match. Liv got the pin so now she’s got all of the momentum in the build to the PLE. Becky jumped Asuka after the match. If Liv isn’t winning the briefcase, they’ve got a lot of work to do to build up who actually wins (presuming it’s not Becky or Asuka, either).

Michael Cole screwed up the premise of the Ask Them Anything segment between The Usos and Street Profits by suggesting it was like a game show. ‘Twas interesting when Kayla asked about the rumor that Ford and Dawkins weren’t as chummy as they appear to be on the surface. It was shot down, but it’s a nice bread crumb to leave out there. Other than that, this was a waste of time.

We got the Maximum Male Models Runway Walk, featuring ma.çé (Mace) and mån.sôör(Mansoor). This was extra as can be and Dupri was throwing so much jargon out there. It felt like Cole and McAfee had to try hard to not break during it. Dupri is selling it hard, he got his own mic flag and the tag line really appears to be: Titillating the juices of your guilty pleasures. This is McAfee’s new pet project to have fun with lol. “Bro, I’ve never been more titillated in my entire life. All of Phoenix is titillated. We are titillating all over Friday Night Smackdown.” Dupri also lost “YEAH” and apparently is now “Yessss”, and he has zero regard for personal space as he’s always right up in Pearce’s grill lol.

The main event featured Ezekiel, Miz, Corbin, and Madcap with the winner getting the last spot in MITB. With Ezekiel slated to face Owens Monday for the spot, you’d assume they were going to give Ezekiel the win here. Instead, they absolutely zagged and gave the win to Madcap. He likely doesn’t have a chance to win, but that’s an inspired choice. Moss got the big win a few weeks ago over Corbin and he’s been flat since then. I doubt this jumpstarts him into stardom but you’ve got to see what you can do with him. McAfee razzed the hell out of Corbin as the show went off the air lol.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maximum Male Models is the best thing.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Max Dupri has been amazing so far.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Triple M exceeded my expectations. The man can sell. Mace and Monsoor in their original form felt generic but he really sold them well. As much as I thought him as Knight was not worth repackaging to be someone's mouthpiece, the guy makes just about anything work.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Five Takeaways:
    Heyman did the best he could to hype the level Reigns is going to have to reach in order to destroy Lesnar to the point he won’t be able to get up. This was fine but it’s going to take a lot more to keep this entertaining for the build. A zag appeared in a bizarre way to set up the challenger to Reigns for Clash at the Castle. We were supposed to have McIntyre/Sheamus but Sheamus started coughing and said he hoped he didn’t have a touch of the Covid. Yikes. McIntyre beat Butch in a quick squash and we’re prolonging things until the eventual match.

I guess we’re going to get Nakamura/GUNTHER for Summerslam. That works for me. The match between Nakamura and Kaiser wasn’t much of anything but it was about the punishment after the match. Kaiser let GUNTHER down by taking a loss and had to take three massive chops from GUNTHER. The crowd kind of took away from the chops because they kept chanting “one more time”. Kaiser put over the chops and it was good enough heat on GUNTHER. Don’t imagine we are getting a title change at Summerslam but the match should be good.

This company is so wild when it comes to deciding when to shift gears. All it took was one night of booing in Vegas and they went ahead and turned Lacey. Granted, that was likely where this was going, but I feel like they hit the ejection seat somewhat quickly on the ruse of her being a heroic face. All that work with her bearing her soul, down the drain haha.

The Tennis Collection Reveal for MMM wasn’t as enthralling as the reveal last week but it was still titillating. There’s a lot of non-sensical garbage these performers have to recite so I can’t blame Dupri needing cue cards for his stuff, but the bit lost a little steam with the picture-in-picture and he was looking down and just reading.

We had a squash match that was actually bordering on entertaining as The Usos faced Los Lotharios. The intrigue came with Kayla calling out The Usos for the cheap win at MITB and announcing there’s a special guest referee for the rematch with The Street Profits at Summerslam.

Bonus takeaway: Ronda is just atrocious on the mic. Liv has her work cut out in front of her to work verbally with Ronda.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    C'mon, boys, let's get our apps in:
    https://www.maximummalemodels.com/

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem they had with trying to repackage Lacey as face was simply the fact that we've seen a lot of her as the Sassy Southern Belle. Then they oversold her background with all those vignettes.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    The problem they had with trying to repackage Lacey as face was simply the fact that we've seen a lot of her as the Sassy Southern Belle. Then they oversold her background with all those vignettes.
    Yeah, it was too on the nose w/ the whole sympathy stuff. It was so generically executed that it didn't matter what she was saying, it was just not convincing at all. But that's kind of WWE's thing now days. They come up w/ something, it doesn't stick and then they course correct. Not to say they're the only cats in town that make mistakes, but they've done so many things that didn't pass the sniff test out of the gate.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. Went way too overboard.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ronda Rousey sounds like someone gave her a script and said "And don't show any emotion whatsoever, just recite it as monotone as possible you'll sound cerebral!" I mean, Ronda doesn't talk like that and use those words, ever. She's fucking brilliant talking shit during the matches, so why not keep that same energy when having her cut these ridiculous Stephanie McMahon type promos. Stephanie is the same way, very monotone, no emotion, no acting ability whatsoever for someone who purposely altered the writing room because she couldn't make it in Hollywood.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Yeah, it was too on the nose w/ the whole sympathy stuff. It was so generically executed that it didn't matter what she was saying, it was just not convincing at all. But that's kind of WWE's thing now days. They come up w/ something, it doesn't stick and then they course correct. Not to say they're the only cats in town that make mistakes, but they've done so many things that didn't pass the sniff test out of the gate.
    Yeah I can appreciate wrestling companies who try to make something work, see it's not working, and then go a different route. That's just how wrestling is. Some companies might have you believe the first draft is the only draft and they're not going to sway from it. WWE have a habit of just dropping something/someone completely and then they win the 24/7 title or something. But more often than not, which we can't really say this about any of the other major North American companies, WWE will try to make it right if they believe in a talent.

IDK if they believe in LA Knight as much as they do Laycee Evans but we'll see lol.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Yeah I can appreciate wrestling companies who try to make something work, see it's not working, and then go a different route. That's just how wrestling is. Some companies might have you believe the first draft is the only draft and they're not going to sway from it. WWE have a habit of just dropping something/someone completely and then they win the 24/7 title or something. But more often than not, which we can't really say this about any of the other major North American companies, WWE will try to make it right if they believe in a talent.

IDK if they believe in LA Knight as much as they do Laycee Evans but we'll see lol.
    I don't think the problem is that they changed directions with Lacey, because there are numerous examples where a modest gimmick tweak has certainly helped get someone over. Look at the current roster, they changed directions with Veer and Shanky, two nobody jobbers, and now both are far more over than they were when they replaced the Bollywood Boyz as Jinder Mahal's lackeys. Veer is becoming a credible heel, while the New Day has done the near impossible in making Shanky interesting while Jinder is still onscreen with him.

Liv really had no personality nor anything special about her character, and she is terrible on the mic. But somehow the crowd bought into her as the plucky hardworking underdog who deserves a chance. Liv is great at selling, but really has nothing else. Lacey had what seemed to be MONTHS of vignettes and stupid appearances to waive the flag and tell her backstory but not actually wrestle anybody. Finally her ring return comes, she's still not a wonder, but she's not terrible either. If they had kept Lacey apart from Liv in the MITB match, and not made her seem like she was going to get the overpushed undeserved spot, they probably could have saved her face spot. It seems very knee-jerk to me.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I don't think the problem is that they changed directions with Lacey, because there are numerous examples where a modest gimmick tweak has certainly helped get someone over. Look at the current roster, they changed directions with Veer and Shanky, two nobody jobbers, and now both are far more over than they were when they replaced the Bollywood Boyz as Jinder Mahal's lackeys. Veer is becoming a credible heel, while the New Day has done the near impossible in making Shanky interesting while Jinder is still onscreen with him.

Liv really had no personality nor anything special about her character, and she is terrible on the mic. But somehow the crowd bought into her as the plucky hardworking underdog who deserves a chance. Liv is great at selling, but really has nothing else. Lacey had what seemed to be MONTHS of vignettes and stupid appearances to waive the flag and tell her backstory but not actually wrestle anybody. Finally her ring return comes, she's still not a wonder, but she's not terrible either. If they had kept Lacey apart from Liv in the MITB match, and not made her seem like she was going to get the overpushed undeserved spot, they probably could have saved her face spot. It seems very knee-jerk to me.
    You also have to remember that the live crowd was seeing those vignettes the entire time as well. Maybe they were dead silent just like every time she's been on camera since returning. This isn't the first time they tried to make her a babyface. Remember when she did that cringe interview about why she calls people "nasties"?

I don't want to say this All American military mother character doesn't have a place I just don't know if Lacey Evans is the one to get it over. It's obviously NOT working. Even crickets don't make noise when she comes out and again, the live crowd is also seeing the vignettes and were probably not responding to those either. I mean, nobody that I know of was saying this shit was working, that she's a great babyface. She's definitely proven her worth as a heel so why can't they just stick to that? Is it due to the reality show she did? I mean, The Miz has been a heel this entire time he's had a show so wtf?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lacey was never going to get over as a face with those pre tape interviews. I said to a friend of mine, she will be a heel within 6 months. Turns out it's going to be sooner.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    Lacey was never going to get over as a face with those pre tape interviews. I said to a friend of mine, she will be a heel within 6 months. Turns out it's going to be sooner.
    She had an interesting heel persona coming out the gate. I think the idea was let's turn her babyface because she's filming this reality show and we need a good role model type.

It's all about timing. I don't want to say these ultra babyface gimmicks can't work in 2022, but I just think if they do work you go wow I didn't expect that to work. I'm not even saying it's "bad" timing or anything I just think it's something that will work if the stars and moon align at the perfect time.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the odds that MMM becomes one of the highlights of WWE the same way stupid shit like the Fashion Police and New Day ended up being?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fashion Police were great

“That’s Jay walking!”
    “And Jimmy walking!”

Imagine the material a police gimmick team like that would have going up against the Usos now.
    Last edited by Badger; July 13th, 2022 at 4:54 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Fashion Police were great

“That’s Jay walking!”
    “And Jimmy walking!”

Imagine the material a police gimmick team like that would have going up against the Usos now.
    FP were incredible. That stupid shit has a place, Hornswoggle and El Torito for fuck's sake had fans lol.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WeeLC was such a fucking classic. Fashion Police was great. I have very high hopes for MMM. All three guys have tremendous talent and Mace/Mansoor haven't really had a chance to show their goofy-side charisma that UUDD viewers know they have. Mace, for example, is a big anime nerd and referenced JoJo's Bizarre Adventure with his previous ring name. if you're familiar with that property and its wildly fashioned character design, you might suspect the dude will handle this gimmick well. If these boys are all in, they might make gold out of it (tag gold, I hope, MMM versus New Day feud, yes, please).

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MMM certainly has potential. The universe appreciates guys who go all in when handed something that looks on paper that it is destined to fail by reason of stupidity. Madcap is perhaps the most recent example of someone who was able to make it work. Rick Boogs is another.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    MMM is going to be the absolute highlight of WWE. I can feel it in my bones.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This just feels like something that probably isn't designed to last for 2-3 years. We'll probably get a good 4-5 months out of it before someone turns either on a fellow model or they get ousted for not being Mango enough.
    @mth Love Jojo

DIOOOOOOOOO

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok boys I've submitted my app to Maximum Male Models. Look for me on the catwalk soon.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Maxine Dupri is actually a legit person, I'll be fairly surprised if it's not Jinny.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok boys I've submitted my app to Maximum Male Models. Look for me on the catwalk soon.
    Maximum Mth Model?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    huge pop

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder why they avoided saying Stephanie’s new title, they just said please welcome Stephanie Mcmahon. Is it too soon for Vince?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Word on the street is Max is out of MMM and Maxxine is replacing him because he's rubbing folks the wrong way backstage. Not sure I buy it. He's still on the MMM website, he's still tweeting about it, and she mentioned him by name. I guess maybe this could be the start of an angle where she takes full control of MMM away from him? Guess we'll see...

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that's true I don't mind. He can make anything pretty much work, even if he might prefer to be in the ring rather than a mouthpiece. MMM might still succeed without him, but it won't feel the same.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder why they avoided saying Stephanie’s new title, they just said please welcome Stephanie Mcmahon. Is it too soon for Vince?
    The only thing I can think of is that Vince's retirement was still pretty fresh and maybe they just didn't want to go through the "I'm the CO CEO and why? well because there this other guy you have no clue about..." Felt very scripted, get in and out which I'm sure was the best move. She seemed pretty emotional.

Word on the street is Max is out of MMM and Maxxine is replacing him because he's rubbing folks the wrong way backstage. Not sure I buy it. He's still on the MMM website, he's still tweeting about it, and she mentioned him by name. I guess maybe this could be the start of an angle where she takes full control of MMM away from him? Guess we'll see...
    If the "Brock Lesnar walked out on Smackdown 4 hours before it airs!" story is any further implication, I assume this is nonsense lol. Shit even if he was, what does that even mean? He was probably trying to get released if it's true. I can see why someone would think this is stupid what am I doing with myself?? But on the other hand I think it had/has a shot at being one of those things that give us a good 3-4 months of comedy.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Male models? Rubbing people the wrong way backstage? There’s a joke in there somewhere…
    Last edited by Badger; July 24th, 2022 at 11:59 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Male models? Rubbing people the wrong way backstage? There’s a joke in there somewhere…
    Take out the male models and you do.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take out the male models and you do.
    mth would probably allow it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine Shanky rubbing you the wrong way backstage. Ouch.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ma.çé can rub me any way he wants...

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ma.çé can rub me any way he wants...
    Hope this applies to badgers too despite our bad reputation thanks to the media. The only disease we actually carry is love ❤️

We hug good too x

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can wear me like a fanny pack.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can wear me like a fanny pack.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The runway segment from the other week was dreadfully boring. They should of put Los Lotharios in that stable as they actually look like they could be models.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The runway segment from the other week was dreadfully boring. They should of put Los Lotharios in that stable as they actually look like they could be models.
    Agree about it being boring, but mostly felt like it went about twice as long as it should have. Los Lotharios are a solid tag team not getting enough TV time. I think what they lack is what Knight/Dupri could've been for them as a mouthpiece. The only thing they have is their ridiculous kiss cam thing.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drew/Sheamus delivered. It was a tad too long but it was a good one, as expected. Those two have tremendous chemistry together. McIntyre moves on to Clash at the Castle. I imagine they find a six-man match for The Brawling Brutes for that PLE.

McAfee and Corbin should have a pretty interesting match. The intensity between the two of them resonates well on screen. Corbin can easily eat a loss at Summerslam and be fine. It should be a heated match.

Ronda didn’t have much to say and she still flubbed it. She did have a nice impromptu jab at a heckling fan though. Liv still has plenty of momentum and seems to be handling the spotlight well, so there’s more juice in seeing how Ronda evolves after taking a loss.

Max Dupri was back with MMM. Part of me wonders if we see Maxxine play the role of Bálor with Judgment Day and infiltrates the group to kick the leader out. The situation feels tenuous so anything could be in play.

Heyman’s done like 80% of the work to build the Reigns/Lesnar match. He’s fantastic at what he does, but this is still a match that feels insignificant because of the implications of Theory’s involvement. I hope they don’t mail in the match because of that.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; July 30th, 2022 at 9:28 PM.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a feeling Theory's MITB thing is going to play out for a while. He took quite a beating tonight which I hope carries over to tomorrow, causing him to lose his title match and then be all fuck it about cashing in MITB. Maybe McIntyre gets involved and Claymore's the briefcase into his face knocking him silly.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whuddya know, Max Dupri is still with MMM. Good job at being totally wrong, dirt sheets.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whuddya know, Max Dupri is still with MMM. Good job at being totally wrong, dirt sheets.
    PWTorch had the report he was done. Fightful said he was temporarily out and that it still remained to be seen what would happen to him and anything was really in play. That comes off more as a hedge but it’s more accurate than outright saying he’s out. Technicalities but those matter when it comes to reporting.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah he was gone what, 1 show and suddenly that was it? Don't get me wrong, I believed it. I assumed he was like what the fuck is going on here why did I even come to this company??? But like some of us have said, this isn't something you'll see headlining Mania but it could be something fun for a good 6 months or so.

Look at how well received certain gimmicks have been like Velveteen Dream, Tyler Breeze, Fandango, the Fashion Police....They stand out like a sore thumb but it works. Fans dig it. I was on social media all weekend and people were about 80/20 pro-pouring water all over each other segment that Mace and Mansoor did. It was so over the fuckin top and stupid but it worked for me.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Never take wrestling news as fact. They'll say so-and-so will happen, or so-and-so will debut, and then when that doesn't happen, it's "WWE must have changed their minds".

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember when the news was that we shouldn't get excited about someone (can't remember who) getting pushed because Vince had given up on them and then the next show they won a championship.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will always entertain the rumor and if it does turn out true, props to them. But for years, going back to the 90's with the early days of the internet and the fan made hotlines, I've always been skeptical. The magazines were the worst. Some of them would have these rumor sections and by the time the mag came out, the story about Bret Hart signing with WCW in 1996 and facing Hollywood Hogan at Halloween Havoc was completely wrong.

I remember even the WWF magazine had the Vic Venom stuff and I think even JR had a section where they'd Mean Gene a story. "Rumor has it so and so is going to start teaming with Ahmed Johnson!" lol

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm always "I'll believe it when i see it". So many "news" sites want to have a scoop that they just speculate without any real information since there's no repercussions for being wrong. I know some have legit connections but the thing is, even with legit connections, Vince was always know for changing his mind so much that it almost nullifies it anyway. Dude was ripping up scripts hours before a show.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah he was gone what, 1 show and suddenly that was it? Don't get me wrong, I believed it. I assumed he was like what the fuck is going on here why did I even come to this company??? But like some of us have said, this isn't something you'll see headlining Mania but it could be something fun for a good 6 months or so.

Look at how well received certain gimmicks have been like Velveteen Dream, Tyler Breeze, Fandango, the Fashion Police....They stand out like a sore thumb but it works. Fans dig it. I was on social media all weekend and people were about 80/20 pro-pouring water all over each other segment that Mace and Mansoor did. It was so over the fuckin top and stupid but it worked for me.
    I was getting a Zoolander crew at the gas station vibe with the water thing. I don't know how this whole setup is going to turn out, like are they ever going to have matches or just segments like this? Right now it's entertaining stuff but delivered in small parts and not some ten minute dud of a promo that the paying crowd doesn't give a shit about.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take everything with a bucket of sodium chloride until more details emerge.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know there are talent that I respect who have praised some of the types like Meltzer here and there, usually when it's in their favor lol. But most of the time it just feels like if you took a week's worth of speculation on this message board you could post it on Twitter and it would mirror the same speculation as Dave Meltzer. And I'm sure there are people in the business who feed him info and that in turn results in a 6.75 star match against Jungle Boy and Luchaboreus, it's whatever. I even heard Paul Heyman used to feed Dave insider info. Makes sense.

But lately the worst has been when people that I respect actually believe the rumors. CM Punk, Jim Cornette, a few others just taking certain things at face value and not really thinking clearly. Like Brock walking out. None of that makes sense. And how dense the reactions are when you hear people say things like "oh they didn't treat Lesnar like they did Sasha and Naomi because of his status" yet they had The Rock come out and bury Austin when he walked out on the company. It was a bullshit story that's why they didn't bury Brock.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I know there are talent that I respect who have praised some of the types like Meltzer here and there, usually when it's in their favor lol. But most of the time it just feels like if you took a week's worth of speculation on this message board you could post it on Twitter and it would mirror the same speculation as Dave Meltzer. And I'm sure there are people in the business who feed him info and that in turn results in a 6.75 star match against Jungle Boy and Luchaboreus, it's whatever. I even heard Paul Heyman used to feed Dave insider info. Makes sense.

But lately the worst has been when people that I respect actually believe the rumors. CM Punk, Jim Cornette, a few others just taking certain things at face value and not really thinking clearly. Like Brock walking out. None of that makes sense. And how dense the reactions are when you hear people say things like "oh they didn't treat Lesnar like they did Sasha and Naomi because of his status" yet they had The Rock come out and bury Austin when he walked out on the company. It was a bullshit story that's why they didn't bury Brock.
    I think Brock walking out was all a work. And they fell for it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wyndorf View Post
    I think Brock walking out was all a work. And they fell for it.
    I think it started out as someone said to the sheets "I bet Lesnar walks out after hearing this" and it snowballed into the bullshit. Like the vets say, telephone, telefriend, telewrestler.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shocked and happy to see Cross back and that’s a much better debut than jobbing in your first match. I wonder if he’s going after Roman right after Cardiff.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh look, from "You deserve it" one week to "You tapped out" and boos the next for Liv.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kross never did anything for me in NXT so I can't say as I'm thrilled to see him back. Having said that, though, it freshens and shakes things up and that is a good thing.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ricochet winning, Nakamura winning, Raquel and Shayna getting shine, with the latter becoming the No. 1 contender: Trips is working 1.0/B&G NXT into the mix more on Smackdown.

First big test of conviction is here in the form of Liv. Granted, the approach to her promo wanted to instigate a response and the crowd was ready to pounce. Liv handled herself well in response to that. The big question here is whether this audience was an outlier or has the consensus generally turned on Liv. Should be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Not for nothing, any time the Viking Raiders are on TV I like what they bring to the ring in terms of action. The reintroduction of them hasn’t been that good but those guys can go. Erik was fun to watch. Not sure what they’re trying to accomplish with New Day, in the meantime.

Inspired emphasis on the women’s tag title picture via the tournament were promised has arrived. Seems notable that news surrounding optimism on the return of Sasha and Naomi and this tournament isn’t coincidence. They’ll need a bit more in terms of depth, and obvious sustained momentum, to build this into a true divisions. Steps in the right direction seem present.

I’m curious to see how Zayn is going to pull his weight within The Bloodline or what ultimately comes of him. He’s likely fodder for the returning Kross. They’ve got a massive amount of rehab they’ve got to do with him based on the last run. It was botched right from the beginning and never had a chance to gain traction, then the look got worse. He’s got Scarlett with him and the lurking menacing presence is back, so that’s a step in the right direction. He’s not my cup of tea but he’s a fresh face, so we’ll see what Haitch can do. If this harkens back to how he was pushed originally in NXT, this is going to be a prolonged and heavy push. He didn’t go right for the championship immediately but he eventually worked his way there and the got it (got hurt, then returned and got it back). Give me the unique promo style, keep this look, and let him build up with squashes, we’ll see where it goes. He’s likely a roadblock McIntyre and their direct crash course should be after Clash at the Castle, so that should be something.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; August 6th, 2022 at 12:55 AM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Maximum Male Models on SmackDown? 0/10. Would not recommend.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Maximum Male Models on SmackDown? 0/10. Would not recommend.
    Frankly, there wasn’t a lot of time to squeeze them in. That’s a good problem. You’d like to believe the thought here is pacing and spacing things out and allowing things to breath. I’m not opposed to that whatsoever. That’s at least the glass half full mindset, rather than assuming it’s phased out.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yes I am so happy Kross is back! Surprised he didn't sign with AEW or Impact. Maybe Trips told him things were gonna change in WWE and just wait it out.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Ricochet winning, Nakamura winning, Raquel and Shayna getting shine, with the latter becoming the No. 1 contender: Trips is working 1.0/B&G NXT into the mix more on Smackdown.

First big test of conviction is here in the form of Liv. Granted, the approach to her promo wanted to instigate a response and the crowd was ready to pounce. Liv handled herself well in response to that. The big question here is whether this audience was an outlier or has the consensus generally turned on Liv. Should be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Not for nothing, any time the Viking Raiders are on TV I like what they bring to the ring in terms of action. The reintroduction of them hasn’t been that good but those guys can go. Erik was fun to watch. Not sure what they’re trying to accomplish with New Day, in the meantime.

Inspired emphasis on the women’s tag title picture via the tournament were promised has arrived. Seems notable that news surrounding optimism on the return of Sasha and Naomi and this tournament isn’t coincidence. They’ll need a bit more in terms of depth, and obvious sustained momentum, to build this into a true divisions. Steps in the right direction seem present.

I’m curious to see how Zayn is going to pull his weight within The Bloodline or what ultimately comes of him. He’s likely fodder for the returning Kross. They’ve got a massive amount of rehab they’ve got to do with him based on the last run. It was botched right from the beginning and never had a chance to gain traction, then the look got worse. He’s got Scarlett with him and the lurking menacing presence is back, so that’s a step in the right direction. He’s not my cup of tea but he’s a fresh face, so we’ll see what Haitch can do. If this harkens back to how he was pushed originally in NXT, this is going to be a prolonged and heavy push. He didn’t go right for the championship immediately but he eventually worked his way there and the got it (got hurt, then returned and got it back). Give me the unique promo style, keep this look, and let him build up with squashes, we’ll see where it goes. He’s likely a roadblock McIntyre and their direct crash course should be after Clash at the Castle, so that should be something.
    I don't think the fans turned on Liv, I just think that crowd was hot in whatever city they were in and they turned on her. She will probably be fine going forward.

I agree about Zayn and Kross, the BL will probably tell him to take out Kross and Kross will squash Zayn at the next PPV and then move onto feud with Drew for awhile. Roman isn't losing the championship in 2022 so just having Kross be another win for Roman won't help him but I think it would be good for him to be kinda lurking in the background of Reigns as a potential threat and once Reigns drops the titles next year and starts his farewell tour he can put over Kross (if he is over by then).