Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So about that Mia Yim/Slapjack news...I was just on WWE's site and they're both still listed as RAW superstars and she's still Reckoning. So if they did move, it didn't stick.

Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ProblematicRoss View Post
    I am wondering if Seth, Roman and Cesaro will all be intertwined. Maybe Shinsuke to tag.

Shield (2/3s) vs Cesaro/Shinsuke.
    I'd book a triple threat, Roman vs. Seth vs. Cesaro, with Cesaro getting the win from pinning Seth. Will give Cesaro a championship reign. He can lose it back to Roman in a one on one scenario later.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I'd book a triple threat, Roman vs. Seth vs. Cesaro, with Cesaro getting the win from pinning Seth. Will give Cesaro a championship reign. He can lose it back to Roman in a one on one scenario later.
    If they didn't do it for Bryan or Edge, I highly doubt they're doing that for Cesaro.

Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's why I'm not a booker.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Positives:

-Daniel Bryan putting over Cesaro.
    -Bryan/Cesaro v Uso/Rollins
    -Owens v Crews, the match
    -Bayley, she is awesome.
    -Roman freaking Reigns.

Negatives:

-Tamina v Nia. Nobody gives a shit.
    -Owens v Crews, the ending
    -Sami Zayn
    -Pat McAfee
    -the wrong Mysterio getting the pinfall W
    -Cesaro not taking a shot at Reigns after being told to shut up.

Solid show.

Off-topic but sort of related: the angry shouty verbally abusive heel act towards the poor backstage female announcer is fucking dumb and has forever bugged me. Can you get your point across without being a neanderthal?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ALEISTER BLACK VIGNETTE! So happy he's coming back.

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    ALEISTER BLACK VIGNETTE! So happy he's coming back.
    There is promise with this new wrinkle in his character. I'm into it.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was not a fan of the Nigerian Nail. I'm not a fan of this shit with Commander Azeeze as it is. It makes no fucking sense and just feels like another one of those "Hey we're doing this on Raw, let's have a Smackdown version as well!" Like Paige debuted with Absolution then the next night Riott Squad debuted.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    tuning in to watch bryan/roman. looks like they're really gonna give it time.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    this camera work seems a lot worse than i remember from wrestlemania

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    this camera work seems a lot worse than i remember from wrestlemania
    Been sayin' it.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not many matches, lots of promos. Love or hate that, it didn't matter because they fueled it all with a great in-show build with a banger main event.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; May 1st, 2021 at 12:44 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Reigns finally debuted his new theme? Was expecting it Mania, kind of a random time to do it tonight. Very curious to hear it.

EDIT: They posted it on YouTube. Damn, that is badass as all hell. Better than i expected. It slaps.
    Last edited by mth; May 1st, 2021 at 12:30 AM.

Videoland Champion ProblematicRoss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is Godly!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Positives:

-The six person tag match, Montez Ford is one athletic MFer.
    -The IC title match. I hope that’s the end of Big E/Crews because as much as I like both wrestlers, they each need to build some momentum. I would also like to see Big E get some new ring gear.
    -Paul E. Would love to see some more members added to The Family over the Summer because he could do wonders for them as their mouthpiece. Murphy/the unmasked Slapjack/Ricochet?
    -The new Roman Reigns entrance music.
    -Roman Reigns’ work as a heel, simply masterful.
    -The Universal championship match.
    -Cesaro trying to make the save.
    -Cole/McAfee

Negatives:

-More Bayley mic time please.
    -That women’s tag match. So boring.
    -No Sasha Banks.

A very solid show. Crazy to believe that RAW and SmackDown are produced by the same company...

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Roman's new entrance is great. Reminds me a bit of the Succession theme. Makes sense given that show is about seizing control over a family dynasty. Boss.

I'll have to check out Reigns/Bryan.
    Last edited by Ringo; May 1st, 2021 at 3:57 AM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    bryan/reigns was really good but the commercials bothered me a lot more than commercials during a tv match usually do. seemed like there were a LOT.

Videoland Champion ProblematicRoss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s like how I feel about American Football

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Roman's new entrance is great. Reminds me a bit of the Succession theme. Makes sense given that show is about seizing control over a family dynasty. Boss.

I'll have to check out Reigns/Bryan.
    Stoked that Roman's got his new theme up and running finally... finally! How long did he roll w/ the Shield music? 8-9 years? Insane.

In my mind's ear, I imagine Roman having a theme like "Fatal" by RZA and you know what it kind of sounds like it to me. Couldn't be happier w/ how Roman has turned out. He's come out of some of the worst and most forced booking in recent years and now he's arguably the best thing in wrestling today.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Yeah, nuts. I wonder how many theme changes someone like Austin had in the time it's taken Reigns to change his theme once.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    If you want to know why I’ve been pumping The Riott Squad’s tires so hard, Liv Morgan posted a training video on her Instagram. Very impressive stuff, Ms. Daddio has clearly been putting the time and effort in...

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    If you want to know why I’ve been pumping The Riott Squad’s tires so hard, Liv Morgan posted a training video on her Instagram. Very impressive stuff, Ms. Daddio has clearly been putting the time and effort in...
    Literally came here to say the same thing. Give Liv and Ruby the fuckin belts, y'all.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I honestly think that Liv can be one of the next big women’s stars: she can talk, has the look, is very under-rated in the ring. Her taking the strap off Bianca at Survivor Series has the potential to be amazing.

I’ll never forget that bump she took a couple months back outside the ring into the guard rail (want to say it was a SmackDown match vs The Botch Sisters). Liv committed, yo.
    Last edited by Tyson; May 3rd, 2021 at 5:03 AM.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ll never forget that bump she took a couple months back outside the ring into the guard rail (want to say it was a SmackDown match vs The Botch Sisters). Liv committed, yo.
    It was against Bayley on Feb. 12.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Yeah, nuts. I wonder how many theme changes someone like Austin had in the time it's taken Reigns to change his theme once.
    If it works it works. Austin really only changed his theme a couple times. Shawn Michaels has been coming out to the same song for 27 years. It doesn't really work NOW lol, but thankfully it wasn't like the 40 theme changes poor Cesaro has been through in just the last 4-5 years.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What makes Roman Reigns and other heels more popular these days is that I truly believe many people want to be that kind of power-wielding asshole. I think there's a little bit of that in all of us but I notice it more than ever.

It makes you wonder just how many people were actually FANS of Mr. McMahon for example. I was only a teenager when that AE boom happened. My boss at the time was my mom so I wasn't exactly wanting to Stone Cold Stun this woman, so I think my anger toward Vince was more about how my teachers were or older relatives.

I didn't HATE Vince, I was JEALOUS. I wanted that power, or even a fraction of it.....I was like Sean Bean in LOTR for a moment. Maybe that's why I wasn't a big fan of Stone Cold. Truthfully I was more of a Mick Foley mark. Probably my favorite, and there was that moment as Dude Love where he too wanted that power even if it meant selling out for a brief period before waking the fuck up.

they're gonna say the same shit about this shit, because it's the same shit, just different shit
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly think that Liv can be one of the next big women’s stars: she can talk, has the look, is very under-rated in the ring. Her taking the strap off Bianca at Survivor Series has the potential to be amazing.

I really wanted to see how Liv would have progressed as a singles star. Unfortunately, I don't think Vince would ever see the potential in her. Considering she got relegated to a tag team again, I'd say it's confirmed.

You mean this bump ?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    I really wanted to see how Liv would have progressed as a singles star. Unfortunately, I don't think Vince would ever see the potential in her. Considering she got relegated to a tag team again, I'd say it's confirmed.

You mean this bump ?

Eh, I wouldn't say something is confirmed. I mean, you're showing us a clip of someone (Bayley) who was in a tag-team the majoirty of the last 2 years. Liv isn't that good. She was gone for awhile, came back and worked some dogshit angle that took her 3-4 steps backwards.

Her being in a tag-team could simply be that is the best place for her NOW and maybe in a year or so she'll be ready to go out on her own. She was definitely 200000% someone who was called up too early and it shows. She's been on the main roster almost 4 years and she's just NOW finally looking like she can bump.

In a perfect world Liv would've spent at least 2 years in NXT actually working on tv and getting experience. Right now, teaming up with a vet like Ruby isn't a bad thing. Maybe this is what she really wants to do and since they lack actual tag-teams, Vince has no issue with it. She's still mad young and for all we know she's about to call it a day and live on the farm with Bo Wyatt.

they're gonna say the same shit about this shit, because it's the same shit, just different shit
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't say something is confirmed. I mean, you're showing us a clip of someone (Bayley) who was in a tag-team the majoirty of the last 2 years. Liv isn't that good. She was gone for awhile, came back and worked some dogshit angle that took her 3-4 steps backwards.

Her being in a tag-team could simply be that is the best place for her NOW and maybe in a year or so she'll be ready to go out on her own. She was definitely 200000% someone who was called up too early and it shows. She's been on the main roster almost 4 years and she's just NOW finally looking like she can bump.

In a perfect world Liv would've spent at least 2 years in NXT actually working on tv and getting experience. Right now, teaming up with a vet like Ruby isn't a bad thing. Maybe this is what she really wants to do and since they lack actual tag-teams, Vince has no issue with it. She's still mad young and for all we know she's about to call it a day and live on the farm with Bo Wyatt.
    I disagree that Liv only just started learning how to bump. She's made her opponents moves look good for years. Back when the Riott Squad was a trio, Liv was the one in there most of the time getting thrown around and taking the beat down and she looked good doing it. She's ramped up her bump game recently, but it was always something she excelled at.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    I disagree that Liv only just started learning how to bump. She's made her opponents moves look good for years. Back when the Riott Squad was a trio, Liv was the one in there most of the time getting thrown around and taking the beat down and she looked good doing it. She's ramped up her bump game recently, but it was always something she excelled at.
    She sold when she was forced to, like when the Bella kicked her a few times in the face lol. BRUTAL.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look how careless Bayley was in that spot. Imagine if that was Nia Jax doing the same spot with Liv. Meltzer's bff Bryan THE GOAT Alvarez would've been giving us another great tutorial of how to work due to all his vast experience in the barns and trampoline feds across the US.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look how careless Bayley was in that spot. Imagine if that was Nia Jax doing the same spot with Liv. Meltzer's bff Bryan THE GOAT Alvarez would've been giving us another great tutorial of how to work due to all his vast experience in the barns and trampoline feds across the US.
    Doesn't look careless at all.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Doesn't look careless at all.
    Neither does Nia Jax.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neither does Nia Jax.
    Now you don't think Bayley was careless there? Ok, that's progress then.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Now you don't think Bayley was careless there? Ok, that's progress then.
    Yes, my post went completely over your head. Luckily I don't post to see if good ol' VHS understands it or not.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, my post went completely over your head. Luckily I don't post to see if good ol' VHS understands it or not.
    Ah ok if you were just fooling around, right on.

Nice to know we have one less dodo brain around here.