User Tag List

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Results 1,001 to 1,082 of 1082

Thread: Wrestlemania 36

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boneyard Match > The Final Deletion > Total Nonstop Deletion > Firefly Funhouse Match > Dungeon of Doom Match > Wyatt Compound Match > House of Horrors Match > Wardlow Debut Vignette

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Firefly Funhouse was probably the highlight of the weekend for me. Match of the weekend, definitely Seth Rollins v. Kevin Owens. I had no doubt this would be the best match for Mania 36. But Wyatt in the Wolfpac colors and Cena reppin nWo Hollywood=beautiful.

Boneyard Match was fucking sweet. Edge/Orton was very good. I really liked the triple threat ladder match. Despite no crowd, this was honestly a good Mania. It might not have been without the Funhouse and Boneyard matches.

You really have to give props to Matt Hardy. He really showed that you can pull off some Troma level campy underground looking cinematic shit in wrestling that isn't just segments like "Where's Cactus Jack?!?" or "Where's the Real Undertaker??"

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Where does ultimate deletion fit in? From raw a couple of years ago

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Where does ultimate deletion fit in? From raw a couple of years ago
    That one was great.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    I get the feeling Cena was completely down to trash on his own character. He's made fun of himself before, and I think he was happy to do something different and with more depth. Especially since he's transitioning into an actor over a wrestler, at least currently.

Overall, that was a wonderful exploration of the psyche of the top guy in a company, and a wonderful way to approach the climax of this story as opposed to trying to tell something in the ring. Obviously, outside of quarantine situations, I want Bray to have a majority of traditional matches, maybe save this kind of stuff for TV. Including WrestleMania. But I think this has shown that with the right inspiration and the right minds behind it, this approach to storytelling can work wonders. There were layers to this feud and both Wyatt and Cena's characters that wouldn't have been able to be explored in a traditional match, and I think dabbling in that deeper storytelling can only help enhance the in-ring product.

That said, I also think this sort of thing only works with certain characters like Wyatt and Taker. I wouldn't want to see a focus on cinematic experiences from someone like Kevin Owens, example.
    My friends and I have done a chat thread and this is what we came to as well. There is like maybe 5 to 8 guys that this could work for and should be used like once a year if that.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I have not personally seen it but apparently there are people out there pissed about orton and edges weight hanging spot cause of the Benoit stuff.

Personally it never crossed my mind when it happened but theres always peeps out there ready to karen shit up.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    I have not personally seen it but apparently there are people out there pissed about orton and edges weight hanging spot cause of the Benoit stuff.

Personally it never crossed my mind when it happened but theres always peeps out there ready to karen shit up.
    It probably resonates more with actual performers, if they have a gripe, rather than casual viewers. Sure, casual viewers had a pretty recent chance to rehash what happened...but I'm guessing it's still relatively ingrained in the performers because they were more invested because they were likely idolizing or at the very least fans of Benoit. I doubt it actually holds a high rate of backlash in their eyes but it's probably in some realm of poor form to them.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When looking back at this in 5-10 years, I think the ladder match, the NXT title match, and the actual match for Rollins and Owens are probably going to be overshadowed and become underrated gems for a rewatch.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; April 6th, 2020 at 3:03 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mate, we're talking about a crime which is back in the public consciousness thanks to the (utterly brilliant) Dark Side of the Ring documentaries. I can absolutely understand why some people would have seen that and cringed.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was the first Mania since WM 4 where a member of the Kliq did not have a match.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are definitely people within the business that are upset about it. Considering the Benoit episode of Dark Side of the Ring just aired, people are questioning why that spot wasn't edited out of a pre-taped match.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    That one was great.
    That one was great.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This WrestleMania was superb. Given the circumstances, I think WWE knocked this out of the park. I liked that the matches felt more intimate and thus more important. Happy with Braun of course, even if it is a short run. (Hopefully not!) The match started and spear after spear I was like oh god, Goldberg's gonna win. Then the idiot tries to go for a jackhammer. Like he could pick up fucking Braun Strowman. What a tool. Y'all can like your Boneyard and Firefly Funhouse matches, I'm gonna rate Goldberg vs. Strowman as my favorite match of either night.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Night two didn't really hold a candle to
    Night one. Not that there was nothing of value.

- Nattie vs Liv was ok. Nattie seemed way thrown off by the environment though. Almost like she felt silly or ashamed to be there. But Liv looked the best I've seen her in a one on one.

- Otis vs Dolph was meh for me. I haven't been watching the tv so I was totally uninvested in whatever story they have going on.

- Black vs Lashley was ok. Didn't feel important at all. Boring

- Raw tag title match went on too long. Also I don't care about Bianca Bel Air. Twirling your ponytail is not having a personality. I get she's been used well in NXT but here's the shuffle Bianca. Prepare to get lost in it.

- SD women's match was great. Although Sasha is going to have to change her entrance choreography to match her new music. It looked weird as shit. The match was fire though. I don't think I saw Lacey botch one spot. Which means she's now ready for the push they gave her a year and a half ago when she couldn't do shit.

- Ripley vs Flair was good. Ripley isn't just big. She's an athlete like Charlotte. A future standard bearer for the division. Charlotte got it all out of her.

- Edge/Orton. This sucked. I wanted to love it Soooooo bad. It's EDGE. My favorite wrestler of the post attitude era. But backstage brawls fizzle at about 15 minutes. And these guys kept going another 20...finish was great though and damn near redeemed the whole thing. Edge with the tears in his eyes when he had to do the deed. Then putting his head on Randy's as if he was thanking him for taking him all the way to the edge of the knife. Because he needed that to know that he could still really be the Edge of old.

- Cena/Bray was funny. Really funny. I said last night that AJ/Taker wasn't a Matt Hardy production, it was a Lucha Underground production. No silly shit. No laughs. Nothing corny. Just an old school action movie fight scene and it was great.

Well THIS was pure Broken Matt. Silly and odd and self-referential and played for entertainment value alone. Full of wrestling in-jokes and the like. Good for what it was.

- Drew/Brock sucked. This kind of match plays good in front of a crowd aching to see the old champ dethroned but it was too short and had no emotion for an empty silent arena.

-------------

Overall was this a good and entertaining two nights of "wrestling?"

Yes. Of course it was.

Was this, by any stretch of the imagination a good Wrestlemania?

No. Of course it wasn't.

Holding off a few months was the way to go. But old man crankypants has to have his way and feel like he's winnng a battle against the black plague. So fuck everything right? It's more important to win the imaginary battles in your own head than run a successful show eh Vince?
    Last edited by Rancid_Planet; April 6th, 2020 at 8:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    @MMH what did you think of the show?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boneyard match was special funhouse match was an acid trip but amazing

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to see someone put together a point by point breakdown of the Funhouse Match to explain all the references/homages/etc. for folks who didn't pick up on everything.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I'd love to see someone put together a point by point breakdown of the Funhouse Match to explain all the references/homages/etc. for folks who didn't pick up on everything.
    I feel like all the different reactions and reddit posts I've seen in that fashion have helped kind of cover everything. But a full on breakdown that includes everything would be nice.

I bet she gives great helmet! MervKlitschko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be good shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://uproxx.com/prowrestling/fire...estlemania-36/

He did an incredible job of going over everything and bringing up a lot of stuff I wouldn't have ever thought about.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    @MMH what did you think of the show?
    As a show in tough circumstances it was fine. Some good matches, some weird ones. The wrestlers worked their arses off.

I still would have preferred it not to happen. Seeing McIntyre get the biggest moment of his career in front of absolutely nobody was just sad.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MervKlitschko View Post

He did an incredible job of going over everything and bringing up a lot of stuff I wouldn't have ever thought about.
    great read. thanks for sharing it

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am worried that they are going to turn Drew into “Super Drew” after this and people will end up hating him like Cena, Reigns et al.

They could have shaved off a fuck load of time in Edge/Orton for example which was a complete bore so Drew could beat Brock in a competitive match.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, dude. Will definitely give this a read. I want to like the match more than I did and i think reading stuff like this will help increase my appreciation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, dude. Will definitely give this a read. I want to like the match more than I did and i think reading stuff like this will help increase my appreciation.
    It makes a lot of sense the way he broke it down. At first I thought it was going to be strictly his interpretation and to an extent it is. But the way he incorporated why the NWO/WCW aspect was thrown in there in terms of the unprecedented heel turn and how really personal the whole angle was blew me away. This kind of mindfuck capability really elevates Bray/Fiend to a whole other level if this is what he's capable of doing in terms of building feuds.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just going to leave this here.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quit leaving your shit all over the place Sasori.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil

This is terrific

I liked the speculation on Ramblin' Rabbit representing Bray's love of wrestling.

and this bit:

In his career, Cena rode the popularity of his rapper to the point that it morphed into a troops loving, rah rah American hero who worked out, said his prayers, and ate his vitamins. He hated and destroyed everything that was a threat to his concepts of power, heroism, and self. They were also Vince McMahon’s, coincidentally. As Vince might say, “keep it up.” As time went on, the image of Cena’s character become more important and consequential than anything he was actually doing. Cena (the character, just to be clear) thought CM Punk was a fake hero of the people who was only in it for himself, because Cena was that. Punk told him he’d become a dynasty, the New York Yankees. Being hit with that sent Cena into a rage. Cena thought The Rock abandoned WWE to go make movies in Hollywood, because Cena wanted that. Rock told him he was a wannabe boot-licker, and Cena spent over a year trying to beat him up to prove him wrong. Cena went on a reality show and proposed to his girlfriend at WrestleMania because they’d be good PR beats, while he keeps getting older and older and realizing his entire personal life is interminably locked to his professional. His character doesn’t have any friends. He’s been mean to every friend he’s ever had. He’s buried a Boneyard full of people to protect his spot, and now he’s alone.

Or, as Bojack Horsemen might put it:

Nice to see a Bojack Horseman mention. I wondered if Wyatt or whoever else had been influenced by that show. There were similarities to the incredible "The View from Halfway Down" episode. And in a broader sense the whole Bojack getting to grips with being a shitty person mirroring Cena getting to grips with being a shitty person.

As Cena beats Wyatt to death, he’s confronted by his greatest failures in quick little cutaways. These are, in order:

the “if Cena wins we riot” sign at ECW One Night Stand, which was the first recognized and most iconic expression of fan hatred for Cena’s character
    Edge cashing in Money in the Bank on Cena at New Years Revolution 2006
    the aftermath of his loss to Shawn Michaels in their legendary Raw match from April 23, 2007
    losing the WWE Championship to Batista at Elimination Chamber 2010
    losing to Miz at WrestleMania 27
    CM Punk’s “kiss goodbye” to Vince McMahon at Money in the Bank 2011, which once again suggests that Cena’s failures are Vince’s
    Cena being mopey on the ramp after his WrestleMania 28 loss to The Rock
    losing the title unification match to Randy Orton at TLC 2013
    getting murdered in spectacular fashion by Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam 2014
    leaving his arm band in ring after losing to AJ Styles at SummerSlam 2016, which was when Cena started taking more and more time off for Hollywood obligations
    putting over Roman Reigns at No Mercy 2017
    losing to Undertaker in minutes at WrestleMania 34 after spending weeks goading him on
    This sequence comes after Wyatt has forced Cena to experience his greatest fears one after another.

More than anything, this was the first time in a while that they seemed to have really grasped just how much depth and history there is with the John Cena character to work with.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All this "here's what I think it all meant" wankery is fucking stupid.

And anybody who honestly thinks that anything approaching this Firefly Funhouse bullshit is "the future of WWE" needs to get their heads checked.

Maybe that whole Firefly Funhouse thing would have been a great hype package for an actual match. But fuck you if you think it was anything close to being what "wrestling" is, should be, or ever will be.

If I said a pizza needs to be a pile of raw meat in a shoe box, covered in chocolate syrup and your mom's period blood, because "that's the future of pizza", would you ever want to order pizza again?

That's not pizza.

This stupid Adult Swim meets David Lynch meets 25 pounds of WrestleCrap in a 10-pound bag isn't wrestling. Its fucking bullshit.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post

And anybody who honestly thinks that anything approaching this Firefly Funhouse bullshit is "the future of WWE" needs to get their heads checked.

Maybe that whole Firefly Funhouse thing would have been a great hype package for an actual match. But fuck you if you think it was anything close to being what "wrestling" is, should be, or ever will be.

If I said a pizza needs to be a pile of raw meat in a shoe box, covered in chocolate syrup and your mom's period blood, because "that's the future of pizza", would you ever want to order pizza again?

That's not pizza.

This stupid Adult Swim meets David Lynch meets 25 pounds of WrestleCrap in a 10-pound bag isn't wrestling. Its fucking bullshit.
    Okay Cornette.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great write up.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosh Diesel View Post
    Okay Cornette.
    He really does give that vibe off doesn't he?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines

That's not pizza.

I agree they totally gave us bullshit. It may be deep, but it's not what my mom tuned in for and fans like her shouldn't have to figure out that Cena hates himself or some crap that Bray can figure because he is "character art"... he's a no selling troll or interdimensionary being that "can't feel pain" and that's not pro-wrestling. I don't care if Ric Flair is on board for it, Flair used to bleed through his victories for crying out loud...

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This type of thing may not be for everyone and that's fair enough, but many fans still seemed to have enjoyed it even if they didn't understand it all. It's not like it's the future and we're moving away from the wrestling ring completely so it's not worth getting worked up about.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosh Diesel View Post
    This type of thing may not be for everyone and that's fair enough, but many fans still seemed to have enjoyed it even if they didn't understand it all. It's not like it's the future and we're moving away from the wrestling ring completely so it's not worth getting worked up about.
    True.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    It's not what my mom tunes in for... Can't argue with that.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spudz and Horatio both don't like it which, in case we needed it, confirms that it was brilliant.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    moms also didn't like it

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not pizza.

I can completely see why someone didn't like it. I can see why people would argue that it snot the future. I'm kind of skeptical on that front myself. Particularly given the normal chaos of Raw and Smackdown on a week to week basis.

But they very obviously were telling a story and making commentary. It wasn't exactly hidden. There were a couple points where they spelled out the lesson like they were Sgt. Slaughter at the end of a GI Joe cartoon. To say that they didn't want the different segments to mean things is deliberately obtuse.

Other things that weren't wrestling:
    Piper's Pit with Andre and Hulk
    Piper's Pit with Jimmy Superfly Snuka
    Fuji Vice
    Mr. Perfect catching his own touchdown pass
    The Undertaker controlling lightning
    Paul Bearer being kayfabe killed and buried under tons of cement
    A beer truck with a hose for some reasondriving to a ring
    This is Your Life
    Papa Shango
    Boogeyman
    Dr. Shelby

Someone may hate all these things. That's fair. Some I didn't like.

Some of these are more grounded in reality than others. And that may be the line for some.

But, just looking at guys like Boogey,Papa, and Taker- elements of supernatural and completely impossible things aren't exactly outside of the historical WWE paradigm either.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed the Funhouse stuff, I just wish Bray didn't rely so much on the theatrics of being a wrestler. He hasn't had an actually competitive wrestling match in several years that wasn't anchored down by a gimmick.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who said this was the future of wrestling? Everywhere I've looked, I've seen people praising it, maybe saying WWE should do more stuff like that, but not saying that's how things should be going forward.

Quit acting like a different opinion means wrestling is dead.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but it's new and different and i don't like it!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    I finally got around to seeing Cesaro/Gulak.
    Now that was some replay-worthy shit. Serious wrestling and one of the better matches of its length. Can't believe I missed seeing it "live" and I'm a guy who's really not high on Cesaro.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who said this was the future of wrestling? Everywhere I've looked, I've seen people praising it, maybe saying WWE should do more stuff like that, but not saying that's how things should be going forward.

Quit acting like a different opinion means wrestling is dead.
    I liked it, and I hope we see more matches like it and the Boneyard match down the line. But Wyatt's been a guy that's always had this attached to him for years. He needs all the smoke and mirrors to cover up not having real matches and not wrestling theater. I still think he's capable of more.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did your Mom think of it?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    What did your Mom think of it?
    She just wanted to see the gimmick matches.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    I liked it, and I hope we see more matches like it and the Boneyard match down the line. But Wyatt's been a guy that's always had this attached to him for years. He needs all the smoke and mirrors to cover up not having real matches and not wrestling theater. I still think he's capable of more.
    To clarify, that wasn't meant to be in response to you. That was directed at Spudz particularly.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bray is a guy who can wrestle, no bells and whistles required. I think his gift and his curse is his creativity and his ability to convey a message verbally. He's so creative with it that Vince seems like a guy who gets that it is different but he doesn't have a clue on how to harness that consistently. So if that's the case, he just doesn't use him or harness gimmick matches to him because that's the out he has to use Bray.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To clarify, that wasn't meant to be in response to you. That was directed at Spudz particularly.
    Ah, roger that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    I
    Mr. Perfect catching his own touchdown pass

SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH. Steve Jordan saw it was his own damned eyes. Are you calling him a liar??

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was one of the realistic ones. Like Piper and Snuka

Awfully defensive.....like YOU'RE the one who doubts Steve Jordan

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Bray is a guy who can wrestle, no bells and whistles required. I think his gift and his curse is his creativity and his ability to convey a message verbally. He's so creative with it that Vince seems like a guy who gets that it is different but he doesn't have a clue on how to harness that consistently. So if that's the case, he just doesn't use him or harness gimmick matches to him because that's the out he has to use Bray.
    It probably doesn't help when your debut is an Inferno Match which there have been like 5 in the history of the company lol.

But with that said we've seen Bray come through plenty of times. Realistically Bray hasn't been in too many gimmick matches. We've probably seen guys like Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins in way more gimmick matches, and more variety of gimmick matches, than Wyatt. But like with Undertaker and Kane and even Mankind, his gimmick allows him to reach other aspects of fighting that others can't bring to pro wrestling without it being dumb as shit.

And to be honest, FOR ME, Bray Wyatt has delivered on the supernatural tip just as good as Taker. Wrestling wise for all we know Bray might hit his peak at 40 like Taker and bang out legendary matches we haven't even thought of yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edge and Orton, and AJ/ Taker were the best. Total beatdown fests outside of the ring. Taker was wheezing so much during the Bone Yard match, I thought he might keel over in the ring. Man, the shovel spots and AJ getting chokeslammed off a shed, onto pallets. Bunch of 40 year old guys kicking each other's ass with weight equipment.

Both title matches were really shit for some reason. Basically, both matches had the formula, "champion hits like four finishers on the challenger, and kicks out, and then challenger hits four or five finishers in a row, and then wins the title." Kind of expected a little more from Brock/Drew. But yeah, probably a case of Lesnar not giving a rat's ass. At least he didn't go on first like last year, wanting to drop the belt, and GTFO.
    Last edited by xtHeWalLsOfJeRiChOx; April 8th, 2020 at 5:04 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The World title matches were a necessary evil. In a perfect world, I would have loved those to be 10 minute matches at least. But with the lack of the crowd, the lack of stamina apparently from certain talent lol, we just needed to get it done. Let's move beyond the Lesnar and Goldberg's, at least in the title picture. You want these 2 squash machines use it to build up Matt Riddle. Each guy squashes him and then he gets his wins back by Mania 37. KO's Lesnar legit and taps out Goldberg. Bro.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No idea how much there is too it but apparently Lesnarband Vince had a bust up over coronavirus and Vince making people work still.

Apparently he just wanted to get done and home so might explain the short nature of the match. Then again Lesnar always has short matches so....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I watched the Firefly Funhouse match. Big mistake to skip it. Oh my god. Just oh my flippin' god. Such an amazing spectacle/nostalgia/acid trap. I was like laughing my ass off for like thirty minutes. I think the part with Cena pumping iron really fast, and the witch puppet dropping her jaw, along with Bray's exercise video getup was just too much. And then Mr. McBossman murders me with the "This is such good shit!" line. I think I'm going to have to watch that segment like every two weeks, when I need a pickup.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    BTW, Because Foley mentioned wanting to do a cinematic match on twitter, I’m putting it out into the universe now:
    Taker vs Foley in a Boiler Room Bar Room Buried Alive in a Cell match next year. I want lots of magic and each guy switching through their gimmicks. Mortician Taker, Ministry Taker, American Badass Taker vs Mankind, Cactus Jack, and Dude Love. Keep it fucking groovy, violent, and weird.
    I like the way you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    Will Sasha Banks win MITB leading to the inevitable cash in, or will Rhea win to cash in on Charlotte?��
    The real question is will MITB even happen?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chatty View Post
    No idea how much there is too it but apparently Lesnarband Vince had a bust up over coronavirus and Vince making people work still.

Apparently he just wanted to get done and home so might explain the short nature of the match. Then again Lesnar always has short matches so....
    Don't forget that Lesnar worked a really long time at the Rumble, which made Drew's eliminating him that much more special. The short match at mania tells the story that makes Drew even more impressive.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Then you read that WWE aren't forcing anyone to work so who knows what yo believe.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Goldberg

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Strowman

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atty View Post
    The real question is will MITB even happen?
    If they're resuming taping, which it appears to be the case, I think MITB will be on. If they continued for Mania, I imagine they'll keep going until they have to stop.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So an on screen performer who was at Mania has tested positive for the virus.

Who could have seen this coming?

This fucking company are the shits.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FOX and USA have to be held accountable too. They should be refusing to air footage filmed during a pandemic. It's obviously a marriage of shithouses.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    So an on screen performer who was at Mania has tested positive for the virus.

Who could have seen this coming?

This fucking company are the shits.
    I'm not defending their decision making, but apparently it wasn't an in-ring performer.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    FOX and USA have to be held accountable too. They should be refusing to air footage filmed during a pandemic. It's obviously a marriage of shithouses.
    The theory is that Vince is so intent on running live shows because he thinks Fox and/or USA might try to renege on their deal otherwise.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, so it's difficult to judge who's the more nefarious of the parties. It's easy to say Vince should pull everything, but he shouldn't be in the position where it's his to decide. I can see the need for fresh programming, but surely there's a compromise.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Yep, so it's difficult to judge who's the more nefarious of the parties. It's easy to say Vince should pull everything, but he shouldn't be in the position where it's his to decide. I can see the need for fresh programming, but surely there's a compromise.
    It's like I just posted in the UFC thread.

Vince serves masters too. WM 36, despite being on the Network, was also on PPV and other outlets that could have easily said No, we are not going to entertain this bullshit. Instead, they chose to and Vince carried on. Yes he would have still done it on the Network, nobody has say above Vince when it comes to what goes on the Network. Nobody can pull the plug they can just simply not advertise it.

I pray that the other talent, both on and off-air, are going to be ok.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The official Vince-Paul power transition can’t come soon enough...

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    So, Vince being a Trump ally forced the Governor of Florida to make them essential which is bullshit.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So that's the new trendy saying?

To karen? As in a verb?

As I once spent 55 years of my life being karened by my late sister of that name, I can only say I would not wish that on anyone.

Anyhow, there is this guy named Dave C on YouTube, has some great videos on the Fire Fly Funhouse Match. Apparently Wyatt is following him, he thought they were so spot on.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    It's like I just posted in the UFC thread.

Vince serves masters too. WM 36, despite being on the Network, was also on PPV and other outlets that could have easily said No, we are not going to entertain this bullshit. Instead, they chose to and Vince carried on. Yes he would have still done it on the Network, nobody has say above Vince when it comes to what goes on the Network. Nobody can pull the plug they can just simply not advertise it.

I pray that the other talent, both on and off-air, are going to be ok.
    Has it dawned on all of you Vince haters yet that there is more danger - whatever real danger there is - from going out to the gas station or grocery store and standing in line at the doorway, grabbing items grabbed dozens of times previously, shipped and handled numerous times to go from warehouse to being stacked on a shelf, etc, etc?

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Yes .but those are essentially...pro wrestling is not. Hell...no one watches after Mania anyway.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    He really does give that vibe off doesn't he?
    Like he was forced to watch the best of the Midnight Express Volumes 1-69

Back to back.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try to be positive in life but I kind of hated almost everything about this years' Wrestlemania. I don't know what the formula is, but for me wrestling is at least 30% crowd reactions, 30% theatre with the rest being characters, stories, actual wrestling etc. I just can't get on board with the empty arena stuff and wish they wouldn't do it.

I feel for Edge and Drew more than anyone, robbed of their moments. Destined to become an asterisk in the playback of history. At least they both got sensational pops at the Rumble.

All that said, I was very Sports Entertained with the Wyatt and Undertaker stuff. Pure daft as fuck nonsense and fair play to Cena for taking part in particular. This has to be the plan for Undertaker going forward. Smoke and mirrors kicking fuck out of people in B-movies. Book it!

Overall, one to forget but not important in the grand scheme of things, is it?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
    Overall, one to forget but not important in the grand scheme of things, is it?
    I'll respectfully disagree.

You still had a return of a Hall of Famer (Edge) , you had a storybook ending with redemption for your hopeful next big star (McIntyre) , you had a really great women's champion match for a title that was on the show for the very first time (NXT Women's Title), you had a star have their first major Mania moment (Owens), and then you broke through with two cinematic matches. Yes, the lack of a crowd was utterly troublesome but if we know anything about WWE, they're going to make sure this weekend (two nights of Mania) won't be forgotten. When they do stuff that's different, they like to pat themselves on the back. Even without that, it will be memorable.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; April 16th, 2020 at 9:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And let's not forget the greatest moment of the weekend, Otis and Mandy finally hooking up. Truly a 'Mania for the ages. Oh, YEAH!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    I'll respectfully disagree.

You still had a return of a Hall of Famer (Edge) , you had a storybook ending with redemption for your hopeful next big star (McIntyre) , you had a really great women's champion match for a title that was on the show for the very first time (NXT Women's Title), you had a star have their first major Mania moment (Owens), and then you broke through with two cinematic matches. Yes, the lack of a crowd was utterly troublesome but if we know anything about WWE, they're going to make sure this weekend (two nights of Mania) won't be forgotten. When they do stuff that's different, they like to pat themselves on the back. Even without that, it will be memorable.
    As Wilfred's debate champion 2020 I feel the need to highlight that you are in fact incorrect. Haha.

Nah I'm glad folk enjoyed it, who am I to go around defining what's good and what isn't. My point is fundamentally flawed in the I don't need a live audience in most forms of entertainment to enjoy it or not.

I guess I'm a bit disappointed in the roster with the way they've handled the empty arena environment. I don't see many of them adapting and playing to it properly. Mind you, they're probably stifled in that sense. Can you imagine Rock and Stone Cold in this environment? They'd be doing innovative shit on the hoof.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
    As Wilfred's debate champion 2020 I feel the need to highlight that you are in fact incorrect. Haha.

Nah I'm glad folk enjoyed it, who am I to go around defining what's good and what isn't. My point is fundamentally flawed in the I don't need a live audience in most forms of entertainment to enjoy it or not.

I guess I'm a bit disappointed in the roster with the way they've handled the empty arena environment. I don't see many of them adapting and playing to it properly. Mind you, they're probably stifled in that sense. Can you imagine Rock and Stone Cold in this environment? They'd be doing innovative shit on the hoof.

Lol

I can see the line of thinking with the talent adapting but I give a lot of them the benefit of the doubt because that's requiring them to unlearn something that fundamentally established in them since they began training and then it was heightened to a larger degree when they went into NXT and then onto the main roster or went straight onto the main roster. Someone like Nikki Cross...not very good at adapting lol. Asuka, extremely good. Stone Cold was, in fact, in this environment during his 3:16 day stuff for Raw and the stuff prior to him getting to his shtick with Byron was hit or miss. The problem is a mixture of the talent and the creative and Austin is a decent example because he had an idea for something he wanted to do and WWE wanted to do something different, which is what we saw. For some reason, they didn't see the value in what he wanted to do.

The promos saw a major uptick in the empty arena setting. Edge, Orton, Rollins, Owens, Taker, Cena, Wyatt, etc. etc. they all knocked it out of the park with their promos. Taped or going backstage and drowning out the crowd noise is something WWE has to adopt when crowds are able to come back. They can still do in-ring promos but the ones that are primed to be trigger points for stories should get that new feature.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Just watched Strowman vs Goldberg for the 15th time. What a great match, so happy Strowman is champ!