User Tag List

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrestlemania 36

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the city won't let them hold the event then it's not going to happen and like FB suggested maybe turning what would have been Backlash or whatever the fuck is next these days into Mania. I mean, people are still buying tickets to this thing as it hasn't sold out but you have to imagine if they do hold the event a lot of fans outside the US are not even going to come.

Part of me is very nervous about the severity of this disease and the other part is hoping 4-5 months from now we're going to be laughing about how over the top we all were about it.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know they probably won't do it but empty arena wrestlemania would be a fucking trip. Imagine they do everything exactly as they would if the crowd was there... Pyro, everything.

It's be the craziest shit ever and something people would remember forever

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    If the city won't let them hold the event then it's not going to happen and like FB suggested maybe turning what would have been Backlash or whatever the fuck is next these days into Mania. I mean, people are still buying tickets to this thing as it hasn't sold out but you have to imagine if they do hold the event a lot of fans outside the US are not even going to come.

Part of me is very nervous about the severity of this disease and the other part is hoping 4-5 months from now we're going to be laughing about how over the top we all were about it.
    It's crazy, if we are laughing in 4 to 5 months about how over the top we were then we probably reacted correctly.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangers View Post
    But so much of what they do is reliant on there being an audience. I mean to be totally fair, people might tune in out of morbid curiosity but I think it would be one of the strangest and probably worst shows of all time.

AWA had the right idea...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should just move Summerslam to Wembley and have that basically be 'Mania. That's the ticket. First British world champion on main roster WWE crowned in the UK.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drew McIntyre is Scottish, not British. Jeez. Although he may admittedly graduate to Andy Murray status of being British when he wins...

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guys in the fantasy football chat already know my thoughts on this, but Covid 19 is so overblown it is ridiculous. It’s a mutation of a virus. That’s all it is. And we deal with viruses all the time. Why are ppl freaking out about it so much? Because a bunch of ppl on tv news reports have been telling us we should be, despite the fact that the death rate is incredibly low, the ppl at risk and the few that actually do pass from it are basically the same as those at risk from the flu (elder age bracket and those whose systems are already rather weak) and as of my reading this morning, in the US they just passed the 1,000 infected mark. 1,000 in a country of more than 325 million.

Get the fuck outta here with this bullshit. Might as well everybody isolate themselves in underground bunkers and surround yourself with bubble wrap.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The elderly and people with weak immune systems can get the flu jab to limit the risk of flu. That doesn't exist with this strain of the virus. 100,000 or so people would be going to Tampa for the 'Mania festivities, from all over the world, and a contamination at an event like that could prove catastrophic. I don't want my elders to snuff it because of something as daft as this. The internet just exasperates everything into lunacy, but being cautious is only sensible and key to avoiding an unneccessary rate of deaths.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    The guys in the fantasy football chat already know my thoughts on this, but Covid 19 is so overblown it is ridiculous. It’s a mutation of a virus. That’s all it is. And we deal with viruses all the time. Why are ppl freaking out about it so much? Because a bunch of ppl on tv news reports have been telling us we should be, despite the fact that the death rate is incredibly low, the ppl at risk and the few that actually do pass from it are basically the same as those at risk from the flu (elder age bracket and those whose systems are already rather weak) and as of my reading this morning, in the US they just passed the 1,000 infected mark. 1,000 in a country of more than 325 million.

Get the fuck outta here with this bullshit. Might as well everybody isolate themselves in underground bunkers and surround yourself with bubble wrap.
    I was looking at the stats and it is pretty amazing. China for example, I think I saw like 90% of the people that were infected have been "cured". They had a very low % of deaths in comparison obviously.

I get sucked into it and I need people like you to reassure the other part of my brain that it's just like a few years ago with Ebola. All the sudden every fast food place stopped putting lettuce on their sandwiches lol. Weird shit.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know what it’s the same as? Remember SARS? That was a coronavirus too. Remember the pandemic of deaths that occurred they ought the globe because of it?

No? Oh gee, I wonder why.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know what it’s the same as? Remember SARS? That was a coronavirus too. Remember the pandemic of deaths that occurred they ought the globe because of it?

This is from WHO and it's promising to read stuff like this for people on the fence or completely shit scared:

While China appears on the verge of stopping its outbreak — it reported only 24 cases on Tuesday — outbreaks are occurring and growing in a number of locations around the world including Italy, Iran and the United States.

South Korea, which has reported nearly 8,000 cases, also appears poised to bring its outbreak under control with aggressive measures and widespread testing. But other countries have struggled to follow the leads of China and South Korea — a reality that has frustrated WHO officials who have exhorted the world to do everything possible to end transmission of the virus.
    So these other countries just need to follow China's lead like everything else lol.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't recall SARS getting Italy to quarantine the whole country though. That raises a few eyebrows.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I don't recall SARS getting Italy to quarantine the whole country though. That raises a few eyebrows.
    I want to why Italy are #2 in terms of people infected. What about everywhere between China and Italy? LOL. Who's the Italian that said fuck this place and shot a rocket of SARS-COV2 over his homeland???

Seriously though. I don't know maybe it's like when it snows 2 centimeters in TX and they close the entire state down. They might not have the resources, they might just not have a clue how to handle it.

Because ultimately I'm not really looking at Italy and following their lead. No offense to my Italian relatives (RIP paternal Grandma!) but it seems strange that nowhere else around them is as infected nor are they quarantining the countries surrounding it.....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because it was effectively contained?

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I chose another version of a coronavirus. Every few years there is a disease that makes everyone to remind us that we should “be careful and wash our hands” (thanks for the no shot advice). This one has, in my opinion, simply gone further in regards to being scared, partially due to, media telling us too.

Anyways, I will be extremely surprised if Mania doesn’t go on. Then when Drew wins, we can argue on whether Scotland is British or not.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a lot less people got that and died from it. although the death rate was higher.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Of course Scotland is British. My understanding is Great Britain is made up of England, Scotland, and Wales. So by this logic Drew McIntyre is British.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about NI? British, or just part of UK? Is there even a difference?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course Scotland is British. My understanding is Great Britain is made up of England, Scotland, and Wales. So by this logic Drew McIntyre is British.
    It's a British in-joke. We're all English/Welsh/Scottish/Northern Irish until somebody from one of the other countries achieve success, to which point we claim them as our own, being British of course. Baron Andrew Murray the best case, a proud Scotsman until he succesfully achieved British status in 2013 after winning Wimbledon. He's now Scottish again after suffering a career altering injury.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    It's a British in-joke. We're all English/Welsh/Scottish/Northern Irish until somebody from one of the other countries achieve success, to which point we claim them as our own, being British of course. Baron Andrew Murray the best case, a proud Scotsman until he succesfully achieved British status in 2013 after winning Wimbledon. He's now Scottish again after suffering a career altering injury.
    Makes sense. I haven't lived in England in 35 years so I don't get to enjoy these in-jokes

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    City of Tampa has said Mania is still scheduled to proceed. Didn’t comment on it being with or without fans, but said they will continue to monitor the situation.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    City of Tampa has said Mania is still scheduled to proceed. Didn’t comment on it being with or without fans, but said they will continue to monitor the situation.
    It's still 3 weeks away and a lot can change, both positive and negative. Look at China. 4 weeks ago they were in the early stages of the new Black Plague. Now, 90%+ have been cured, minimal deaths. If the rest of the planet, specifically where me and my family live, would do whatever is necessary and follow their lead, we should hopefully be ok.

I'm already studying the Romero zombie movies as to what I need to do to prepare myself.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Good news for those going but I can see a public backlash turning this around quick.

- - - Updated - - -

I would not trust China and their "stats".

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Around WWE Backlash next month, we could see a public wrestlemania.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TEETH View Post
    Good news for those going but I can see a public backlash turning this around quick.

- - - Updated - - -

I would not trust China and their "stats".
    When was the last time public backlash made WWE cancel anything? I saw something where a person said Vince is the same guy who kept a show going after a talent literally died in front of 15,000 men, women, and children, in the ring. He's going to have to be strong armed into cancelling the biggest event of pro wrestling.

Well, who would you trust? Trump? Some random dude with a blue check on his twitter? Good to be cautious, I'm right there with you but I'm not scoffing at anything positive being mentioned based on nothing but weird conspiracy theories about China.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way they (WWE) changes course is if the city/state/government tells them to change. It's more likely that they perform Mania in an empty stadium rather than canceling it. Postponing it and trying to hold it again in Tampa probably remains somewhat viable but gets trickier.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    People focus on the negative.

Do you think NFL would cancel the Super Bowl? If this coronavirus happened like a month earlier?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People focus on the negative.

Do you think NFL would cancel the Super Bowl? If this coronavirus happened like a month earlier?
    I think they would look to postpone or hold it in an empty stadium.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes. i think they would hold in empty stadium.

the NCAA is basically closing their doors. Wrestlemania is an international event. They are playing with fire holding this to the public honestly.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    yes. i think they would hold in empty stadium.

the NCAA is basically closing their doors. Wrestlemania is an international event. They are playing with fire holding this to the public honestly.
    Just adding: The NCAA is still winning in the situation because they're still getting their TV revenue. The people losing are the local communities that were going to get a boost by the games and the employees that were going to be working in a directly related fashion for the games.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Still three - four weeks away, a lot can change in that time, but if they are going to cancel they'll need the ample time to inform ticket buyers.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still three - four weeks away, a lot can change in that time, but if they are going to cancel they'll need the ample time to inform ticket buyers.
    That's debatable. The NCAA just gave a week's notice. The NBA gave about 24 hours notice.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's beyond Wrestlemania. If flights aren't cancelled, it's unlikely people would be able to get refunds, so they'd undoubtedly just go to Tampa anyway.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck may as well just cancel every wrestling show for the time being.

Corona stunners Vince.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump has banned all flights from Europe into the United States for the next thirty days. WWE is going to pass the heat to the government, but this show is done.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, no chance this goes ahead as planned.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe Vince can use this extra time to make the show less fucking awful.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do wonder if there is a chance they save it by moving it to Saudi Arabia

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE holding Wrestlemania 36 in an empty arena and yet, somehow, a crowd still manages to boo Roman Reigns and Goldberg out of the building.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to why Italy are #2 in terms of people infected. What about everywhere between China and Italy? LOL. Who's the Italian that said fuck this place and shot a rocket of SARS-COV2 over his homeland???

Seriously though. I don't know maybe it's like when it snows 2 centimeters in TX and they close the entire state down. They might not have the resources, they might just not have a clue how to handle it.

Because ultimately I'm not really looking at Italy and following their lead. No offense to my Italian relatives (RIP paternal Grandma!) but it seems strange that nowhere else around them is as infected nor are they quarantining the countries surrounding it.....
    The Italian government underestimated the coronavirus and didn't take immediate measures to quarantine areas and stop the spread. If I remember correctly, once they made plans to restrict citizens movements, they were leaked and people freaked out. People tried to leave the country en masse which made things worse. This is why New York has already created a containment zone. They don't want to fuck up like Italy.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    I do wonder if there is a chance they save it by moving it to Saudi Arabia
    Fuck that.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firstly, anyone suggesting it'll be held in an empty arena needs to get a grip, you're kidding yourself.

It is going to be interesting with massive organisations like the NBA suspending their season and MLB looking at doing similar (as I understand it), there will come a point where WWE will be accused of being incredibly irresponsible. I'm kind of fascinated to see how it plays out.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    It's going to the performance center just like SmackDown.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Move it to the UK simple as that.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Move it to the UK simple as that.

Errrr...

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If they cancel WrestleMania I'm going to fuckign pissed beyond belief.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they cancel WrestleMania I'm going to fuckign pissed beyond belief.
    that's a little selfish.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    It's going to happen, Donald. Has to.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think they are making the decision today. Will be exciting to see what they do as an alternative. Hold it in another month? Empty arena? Cancel it completely? Would next year's WrestleMania then become WrestleMania 36 in that case?

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MLB has shutdown now too

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The fact that WWE themselves haven't offered to cancel or postpone the invent is sickening. They have to wait for the government to shut them down. Makes sense though since they continued a show even after a performer died during an event. I know they'll lose millions of dollars but isn't the well being of millions of people more important?

And I'm still a fan so maybe that just makes me even more sickening.
    Last edited by Donald; March 12th, 2020 at 1:41 PM.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they were smart, they'd announce Wrestlemania is uh, wr, idk beyond postponed.

they're scramblin today I bet.

Vince must be convinced that thank God there is no God (besides himself) or this would be God getting even with him for all those jabs Vince made with those awful skits insulting God over the decades.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Vegas has odds of cancellation at 83%.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just need more information out there putting people at ease letting them know if you get this it's not a death sentence. I think we would have been ok if the weird shit didn't start springing up because it feels like the hysteria when full blown ultra crazy when the toilet paper started vanishing.

If Mania is cancelled it'll suck but that's not the signal for the end of the world. Now, Tom Hanks getting it might be because you know that nobody takes shit extremely serious until a top tier celebrity gets involved.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post

Errrr...

Our government are carrying on as normal though.

- - - Updated - - -

Just make sure the wwe camp washes their hands and we will all get through it

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I mean I just read that over in the UK you're still letting people from China, Italy come in and not even get tested. So I think people need to dial it back when speaking on how the US is handling this.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UK will be worst than what Italy is like now in 3 weeks, mark my words.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah we're shitting the bed here Nash, but we can host 'Mania this weekend if need be .

Absolute fucking shit show.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Yeah we're shitting the bed here Nash, but we can host 'Mania this weekend if need be .

Absolute fucking shit show.
    I'm down. It's only fair after all these years of you guys having to wait until 11pm to watch I think we can handle watching at 3pm.

This way when Goldberg loses to Roman he can blame it on the coronavirus so he'll still look strong.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vince will not let Wrestlemania be canceled (yet) or Tampa will never see another one. Bet that is what just happened at that press conference today.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is true of pretty much any waking minute throughout the year but I'd love to be a fly on the wall watching Vince this week, the big, mad mental carny bastard.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mania has to be canceled because of simple facts:

This virus is exponentially lethal to senior citizens.

The Mania card is loaded with senior citizens.

Therefore, for the safety of his performers, Vince must cancel Mania.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wrestling fans lack so many basic hygienic skills. Imagine 70,000 of them locked into a stadium for a 12-hour event when the world is experiencing a pandemic.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Merchant4Ever View Post

Senior citizen is 65 or older. Who on the roster fits that description? Backstage, other than Vince, Ric Flair, and Pat Patterson if he's there, who fits that description?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read an interesting, yet somewhat puzzling, article in regards to the game of chicken right now between WWE and Florida/Tampa as to why there seems to be a stalemate.
    https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/p...ue-coronavirus

TL;DR
    Insurance and the implementation/reasoning for the event not going down could trigger financial implications.
    If it was recommended but not ordered by the city to postpone/cancel and WWE followed through, they may not be able to recover their insurance policy (whatever the amount may be). If it is ordered, WWE would be able to recoup some of the financial losses due to the policy.

If that's all the case and legit, WWE is going to wait to be ordered to change course because they want to get some financial support to cover losses.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Mania could be the beacon of hope for us to look at and go fuck it if they are going ahead why not us. Having said that the card is dog shit and this entire thing needs a massive reboot.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Senior citizen is 65 or older. Who on the roster fits that description? Backstage, other than Vince, Ric Flair, and Pat Patterson if he's there, who fits that description?
    Donald, fucking hell.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    People with pre-existing conditions will also be affected, not just senior citizens. It's ri-goddamn-diculous that anyone is pouting over a fucking pro wrestling show being delayed or canceled. As the Brits say, "Have a word with yourself."

This reminds me of the David Cross bit about football fans having a meltdown when the NFL delayed games for a few weeks after 9/11. "I got nothing left in my life! ... And I got all these snacks."

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE may very well know Mania isn’t happening in Tampa as scheduled but might be waiting for Tampa/federal government to force them to cancel for insurance reasons. WWE’s insurance might only pay out if they don’t voluntarily cancel. Just a thought.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    WWE may very well know Mania isn’t happening in Tampa as scheduled but might be waiting for Tampa/federal government to force them to cancel for insurance reasons. WWE’s insurance might only pay out if they don’t voluntarily cancel. Just a thought.
    Yeah, it sounds like a game of chicken right now.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merchant4Ever View Post

Goldberg jobs to a combination of a severe flu, the shakes, general tiredness, and a Roman Reigns Spear.

Post-match, both he and Roman go to the back and take a nice nap.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Looks like the next few weeks of Smackdowns, Raws, and NXTs may happen in the performance center.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder why they just wouldn’t do it in the NXT arena. Its small, can have a minimal crew.

Now grannies I haven’t watched this weeks NXT yet, so I don’t know how a show in the performance center looks.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now grannies I haven’t watched this weeks NXT yet, so I don’t know how a show in the performance center looks.
    It looks good.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now grannies? Christ, how did I type that?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know if this is reasonable or even a good idea but Summerslam used to be the WM of the summer so maybe just push the matches to SS or rename SS WM one time only.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Should just hold Wrestlemania in my house Vince. Just me, a wife, and two cats as the audience. Thanks. PM me for the address. I'll clean this weekend.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I dont know if this is reasonable or even a good idea but Summerslam used to be the WM of the summer so maybe just push the matches to SS or rename SS WM one time only.
    SummerMAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIAAAAAAA

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They could call it Summerfest.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder why they just wouldn’t do it in the NXT arena. Its small, can have a minimal crew.

because full sail university owns the stage where nxt tapes and they've suspended group events on the campus through april, which likely includes nxt/wwe events.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That makes a ton of sense. Thanks for that Morri

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the foreseeable future, unless plans change, WWE seems to be working under the presumption that all TV will air from the PC. Full Sail is a great resource for NXT but the PC is starting to pay massive dividends for WWE as a whole.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; March 13th, 2020 at 7:03 PM.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just saw the official announcement that RAW on Monday, like SmackDown tonight, will be airing audience-free from the PC. Empty arena's going to make for some unique shows at least. It's going to be oddly and glaringly quiet, I would think. Gonna hear all the spots called...?

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    actually interested to watch smackdown now. this will be by far the most value WWE have ever actually gotten out of the performance center.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    The county sheriff sotra calling out Vince for putting profits over people was interesting. I heard they are waiting for dates from the venue to reschedule.

Intercontinental Champion Melly's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    It won't happen.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Florida official said they're basically waiting/hoping for WWE to cancel it of their own accord but if they don't do it in the next week, they're going to "pull the plug" themselves.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100% chance that’s what WWE is waiting for to happen. The insurance they would have had to purchase for Mania probably won’t payout if WWE voluntarily cancels the event. But if they have a force majeur clause, which they most likely do, Tampa/Florida/federal officials cancelling the event will trigger the payout. Like Beer Belly said above, it was a game of chicken.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brandon Thurston is fantastic with his financial breakdowns and analysis in general so if you have time to watch this, he breaks down the projected loss WWE would suffer by not having Mania.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The CDC is saying there should be no gatherings over 50 people for the next 8 weeks

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If the CDC said to jump off a bridge, would you?

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the CDC said to jump off a bridge, would you?
    How high up is the bridge and what's underneath it?

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    50 feet off the ground, liquid hot magma underneath

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    50 feet off the ground, liquid hot magma underneath
    I'm diving head fucking first my friend

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Brandon Thurston is fantastic with his financial breakdowns and analysis in general so if you have time to watch this, he breaks down the projected loss WWE would suffer by not having Mania.

Man, they love that Middle East blood money.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    MiDdLe EaSt BlOoD mOnEy

- - - Updated - - -

#NegMeAgainPussy

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uh oh, it's our resident WWE PR Machine. You have fun defending people who do business with murderers.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I mean the US murders people everyday...

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the US government murder journalists who criticised their policies?