User Tag List

Thread: Monday Night Raw (Feb 24th, 2020)

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monday Night Raw (Feb 24th, 2020)

-After murdering Matt Hardy, who else has a death wish when they come to confront the Legend Killer?

-Cousins collide as Humberto faces Angel Garza.

-Could this be Ricochet's fate tonight as Lesnar returns to Monday Night Raw 3 days before Super Showdown? Probably. And what does Drew think about all of this?

-A Canadian, a lesbian, a vampire, a warrior, a riot, and a wildling walk into a bar. Yeah I'm not good with jokes but I am very curious what each of these women have lined up for tonight. Specifically Shayna and how it relates to her recent comments about Becky on last week's Raw.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would love to see Andrade Come back as a face and beat up Garza and drop Vega

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can jerry be any more xenophobic

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What does Byron Saxton do?

Black takes such a good beating.
    Good way to have him play a sympathetic role.

Are the announcer no longer allowed to say "scoop slam"?

An unusually fun match from Black and Rowan.
    Awesome Side Effect, jackhammer, and axe bomber from Rowan.
    What is in the cage? I think it's one of those giant pet rats.
    Aleister vs AJ should bring out AJ's a-game...

Ford vs Rollins and BUDDY vs Dawkins still to come!

King looks great in red and blue.

McIntyre's good at telling his story. I'm convinced he could be the future of the company.

TRUTH~ annnd Lana is looking badass hot tonight
    You thought no one had a worse spear than Edge, but Bobby Lashley says your mom ... i mean, you're wrng... I hope R Truth gets a spot at Mania. He's done a great job carrying the company over the last year.

Asuka wants Shayna and I say she has the key to my heart.
    I'm hoping Logan gets something out of this angle. She was way low key tonight.

Seth's beard looks great.
    I like Dawkins but Murphy is not an ideal opponent for him, so I do not mind their match being interrupted.
    I like to see Seth ending matches nWo style.
    I love to see a babyface who uses 3 dropkicks per match. It never gets old.
    Seth's powerbomb into the gatorade was kinda mean. Kinda cute. Kinda sucks he won't just jackknife someone. I think Seth will remain a nobody until someone from Japan absolutely murders him to death. He wrestles like he's never had an owie, and like taking bumps is fun. He should do an indie tour where he puts over guys like Shire and Warhorse, and a Japan tour where he gets headbutted by Miyahara. Maybe then, he would not suck. Did he ever wrestle Low Ki?

Orton still wrestles like a nonmaineventer. He should be bumping around like in his younger days, but instead he works an armlock, instead of the headlock, for boos. Guess that headlock is what gets people to cheer for him? I guess he's still Blandy. That clothesline was a good clothesline though. You know Triple H was the Randy Orton of his day...

This was the best RAW in ages.
    Last edited by corinoismybestfriend; February 25th, 2020 at 12:14 AM.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only 3 posts. Some weeks we haven't even had a thread made. Yeah, we're doing RAW/SD superthreads starting next week...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Use mine, please. We can call them Bill Casey S.O.S. Thread Uno and Bill Casey S.O.S. Thread Dos.
    BC will know what the numbers mean.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Garza/Carrillo was a rather strong way to start the night in terms of in-ring entertainment. Those two have great chemistry together, and it was rather surprising they were given so much time.

I was dubious when Ricochet/Lesnar was announced as I didn't expect it to be anything of value. If the time spent actually allowing them to interact and build Ricochet's character was any indication, they didn't have very much interest in heating Ricochet up in a significant way leading to Thursday. Disappointing but totally expected. I imagine it's a relative squash. Meanwhile, McIntyre is continuing on the right path towards Mania. He's not doing anything flashy but it always seems to matter but McIntyre comes across incredibly well each time.

I've been skeptical about Rowan for quite some time but I must say he's not as bad as I thought he was in the ring. I like the power moves he has so there's certainly something to work with there. Black had a strong night and it looks like they're ready to push forward with him with Mania now on the horizon. Didn't mince his words after beating Rowan again, and Styles/Black should be fun until the inevitable wonky finish.

It felt a little dragged out early but I was pleasantly surprised with how effective the contract signing was with the women. There was enough connective tissue there for the five women not named Baszler to have beef prior to her coming out. The skirmish between Lynch and Baszler was a nice appetizer for what is to come.

Montez Ford has it. That's all that needs to be said.

Orton is really in a fantastic groove since his attack on Edge. This might be the best 12-month stretch for him in quite some time. I think it was a missed opportunity to not have Christian come out this week to question Orton, particularly due to where they were this week. I'm very interested to see how the interaction between Orton and Beth Phoenix goes next week. The disciple referee was actually a pretty nice touch. That was needed after a few weeks of stagnation with the angle. I think it can be an opportunity to allow Rollins to buy into his own BS. It was pretty hilarious that Rollins yelled at Owens, "if you've got a problem with him (the ref), you've got a problem with me" only to see Rollins not do a damn thing as Owens put the ref through the table.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick
    Word.
    He reminds me of The Rock in that being completely ridiculous works for him.

I liked tonight how he threw some iffy punches, but then remembered he was supposed to pepper them in, and indeed, his punches grew stiffer (not that stiff equals good, but that he made them count, that's what matters, and what made the match even better).

Well well...if it isn't the consequences of my own actions...back again eh?
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Only 3 posts. Some weeks we haven't even had a thread made. Yeah, we're doing RAW/SD superthreads starting next week...
    Can I speak against this?

You see there is a thing I like to do sometimes.

I look up an episode of Raw on the network and watch and I do a "read along" with the corresponding Raw thread here on the forums. If I can find it. Which I usually can.

If we start piling all the Raws into one thread it's going to make finding a specific episode's commmentary hard for me....in the future. Like 10 years from now...

But BUT also...it's good for the sake of reference down the line for others as well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edge returns by saving Christian, I'd say. That's his best friend. That resonates with people. Helps that Randy and Christian themselves have history, it will be a hot angle and should be a great 'Mania match.

Raw actually reads alright nowadays. Will watch the highlights later as 3 hours is too long, but the acts they're protecting are strong. Black, Street Profits, Owens and McIntyre all have unique charisma, much more interesting than babyface Rollins and Balor for example. Women's division is quite shallow but Shayna and Beth (for Mania season) will help with that. The lucha guys put on shows. Heyman has steadied the ship as it was absolutely unwatchable a year ago.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick
    Absolutely. He's going to be big.

Also once Randy RKOs Beth, I think Christian will be the next target and that's when Edge returns.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plus with Rollins getting to the refs now, thinking special guest ref for Rollins/Owens at Mania? One that Rollins won't control.

Maybe a Texas Rattlesnake one if he appears or some other legend.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Absolutely. He's going to be big.

Also once Randy RKOs Beth, I think Christian will be the next target and that's when Edge returns.
    If Edge doesn't return to save his wife, but he does return to save Christian, what does that say about the status of his marriage?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    If Edge doesn't return to save his wife, but he does return to save Christian, what does that say about the status of his marriage?
    They can easily explain it away saying he hadn't recuperated by that point.