Thread: The FRIDAY Night Wrestling Thread

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines

The FRIDAY Night Wrestling Thread

Omg they're putting Bryan and Gulak TOGETHER! WWE RULES!

- Naomi vs Carmella
    - The Bellas on A Moment of Bliss

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    I can see Elias and Strowman being like a new Hogan and Andre team...

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this a joke Bella twins going into the hof haha

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    "...the good of everything in WWE..." - Drew Gulak

If DB is going to start squashing people, he needs go bring back his airplane spin and fishhook. Maybe Gulak is there to remind him. Hmm...

I like the idea of Otis going mad. I hope he goes completely mad. He looks like a mad beast...

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is with the static and that symbol? Something coming?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    I just assumed it's Bray Wyatt transmitting from another dimension.
    I hope I am wrong...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Orlando and Shorty might have something interesting in the works.

Why are they saying Bayley has 267 days as champion? Did Charlotte not interrupt that last fall?

Good match between Carmella and Naomi. They paced themselves well and made it seem less like a dance than most men's matches these days.
    Last edited by corinoismybestfriend; February 21st, 2020 at 10:48 PM.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally gave up, turned it off and started watching old episodes of Prime Time.

where the hell is the old Superstars of Wrestling?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are they really doing another Chamber match with the Smackdown women? I know they've had 3 Cell matches in 1 night, but 3 Chamber's seems excessive.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it looks like they went down the route I thought they were alluding to with Mandy and Otis by having someone manipulate the situation to make Otis late for the date, since Mandy was thrown off by the fact Tucker told Mandy and Sonya that Otis got a text from Mandy. Kind of makes me think Tucker could be the one who is behind all of this, but we'll see. I guess the obvious choice is still Sonya and it could easily lead to a match at Mania with Heavy Machinery and Mandy versus Roode, Ziggler, and Sonya.

At least they tried to tie up loose ends with Lacey and her motivations for turning into a face. Unfortunately, this is way too late in terms of exposition and the delivery of it.

Bryan looks like he's in a holding pattern until the Saudi show is done but too valuable to be left off TV. That said, the moment where he brought Birdie out to be with her mom, and seeing the family as Bryan went to the ring was pretty cool.

Nakamura's bump onto the piano table looked rough. Showed the quick glimpse of him after the match and he reached for the back of his head and then there was a decent amount of blood there. Hope he's alright.

Second week in a row of the static stuff with a little more added to it. Based on the imagery, looks like it could be something related to Ali.

The show suffered in a lot of ways by the sequencing. They essentially led last week with the title match with Carmella and Bayley and Naomi versus Carmella was in the "death slot" this week. Didn't make a lot of sense, considering Naomi has been bubbling up with momentum since she came back. It didn't help that the match with Naomi and Carmella wasn't nearly as good as the match from last week.

Pockets of entertaining moments over a two hour show but it's nowhere near as good as it was a year or so ago. I'm trying to figure out when things started sliding for Smackdown. I'm not sure if it was when they turned Shane McMahon but it could have been around then. It just gradually started to trend down after that and they've definitely mailed in a lot of elements of Smackdown since moving to Fox.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; February 22nd, 2020 at 4:47 PM.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by rom7878 View Post
    Is this a joke Bella twins going into the hof haha
    Yes WWE is trolling everyone

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    So it looks like they went down the route I thought they were alluding to with Mandy and Otis by having someone manipulate the situation to make Otis late for the date, since Mandy was thrown off by the fact Tucker told Mandy and Sonya that Otis got a text from Mandy. Kind of makes me think Tucker could be the one who is behind all of this, but we'll see. I guess the obvious choice is still Sonya and it could easily lead to a match at Mania with Heavy Machinery and Mandy versus Roode, Ziggler, and Sonya.

At least they tried to tie up loose ends with Lacey and her motivations for turning into a face. Unfortunately, this is way too late in terms of exposition and the delivery of it.

Bryan looks like he's in a holding pattern until the Saudi show is done but too valuable to be left off TV. That said, the moment where he brought Birdie out to be with her mom, and seeing the family as Bryan went to the ring was pretty cool.

Nakamura's bump onto the piano table looked rough. Showed the quick glimpse of him after the match and he reached for the back of his head and then there was a decent amount of blood there. Hope he's alright.

Second week in a row of the static stuff with a little more added to it. Based on the imagery, looks like it could be something related to Ali.

The show suffered in a lot of ways by the sequencing. They essentially led last week with the title match with Carmella and Bayley and Naomi versus Carmella was in the "death slot" this week. Didn't make a lot of sense, considering Naomi has been bubbling up with momentum since she came back. It didn't help that the match with Naomi and Carmella wasn't nearly as good as the match from last week.

Pockets of entertaining moments over a two hour show but it's nowhere near as good as it was a year or so ago. I'm trying to figure out when things started sliding for Smackdown. I'm not sure if it was when they turned Shane McMahon but it could have been around then. It just gradually started to trend down after that and they've definitely mailed in a lot of elements of Smackdown since moving to Fox.
    How would Tucker get access to Mandy’s phone though? I think Sonya’s behind it. She seemed to feign surprise to me and said Dolph was more her type. Fire screwed Desire and Otis. Dolph in on it too which is how he showed up. Might lead to a mixed tag rivalry HM/Mandy vs Dolph, Roode and Sonya.

Agree with the rest though.
    Last edited by Badger; February 23rd, 2020 at 5:54 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    How would Tucker get access to Mandy’s phone though? I think Sonya’s behind it. She seemed to feign surprise to me and said Dolph was more her type. Fire screwed Desire and Otis. Dolph in on it too which is how he showed up. Might lead to a mixed tag rivalry HM/Mandy vs Dolph, Roode and Sonya.

Agree with the rest though.
    It's a cop out answer, but it's WWE: They can arrange anything to happen really.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a cop out answer, but it's WWE: They can arrange anything to happen really.
    They can defy logic at times true, but all the build-up just to lead to an HM split would be a letdown. Sonya either colluding with Dolph or even wanting Mandy for herself makes more sense the way this is being written.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They can defy logic at times true, but all the build-up just to lead to an HM split would be a letdown. Sonya either colluding with Dolph or even wanting Mandy for herself makes more sense the way this is being written.
    I’m not really sure if it would be a letdown because from the jump it was well established they were more interested in letting Otis shine as the prominent guy of the tag team, and that’s not an erroneous assessment. To their credit, Tucker has been utilized more in the last multiple weeks.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not really sure if it would be a letdown because from the jump it was well established they were more interested in letting Otis shine as the prominent guy of the tag team, and that’s not an erroneous assessment. To their credit, Tucker has been utilized more in the last multiple weeks.
    If Tucker does turn oit to be the one behind it and feuds with Otis, then what about Sonya, Dolph and Rose? There are a few moving parts here.

Otis has been more prominent sure, but does it always have to lead to a tag team break-up. It's so cliched. I'm glad they didn't do that with the New Day. Sure Kofi was the champ but he still had his boys behind him. They can still do that with HM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Tucker does turn oit to be the one behind it and feuds with Otis, then what about Sonya, Dolph and Rose? There are a few moving parts here.

Otis has been more prominent sure, but does it always have to lead to a tag team break-up. It's so cliched. I'm glad they didn't do that with the New Day. Sure Kofi was the champ but he still had his boys behind him. They can still do that with HM.
    Out of the three latter people you mentioned: Sonya is the only who is likely to flounder but what exactly has she done over the last year? Mandy is going to be the relationship partner for Otis so they'll keep finding things for them to do until they want to freshen both of them up. It's laughable that Dolph is a question or matter of concern for what's next because he's never been a point of major emphasis yet still finds TV time, so he'll be fine.

As for the tag teams, we shouldn't really weep over Heavy Machinery if they do break up. They've wrestled as a team four times on TV since the start of December, losing three of the times.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He got nine staples in the back of his head for his trouble.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of the three latter people you mentioned: Sonya is the only who is likely to flounder but what exactly has she done over the last year? Mandy is going to be the relationship partner for Otis so they'll keep finding things for them to do until they want to freshen both of them up. It's laughable that Dolph is a question or matter of concern for what's next because he's never been a point of major emphasis yet still finds TV time, so he'll be fine.

As for the tag teams, we shouldn't really weep over Heavy Machinery if they do break up. They've wrestled as a team four times on TV since the start of December, losing three of the times.
    I wasn't suggesting it be a matter of concern over Dolph being a matter of concern over what, just that he would seem to be phased out of the storyline with little explanation if Tucker is the mastermind. Tucker and Dolph colluding to screw with Otis and Mandy wouldn't make much sense (yes I know it's WWE but that would be illogical even for them).

They've been slowly teasing some tension with Sonya and Rose at various times over the years. It would make more sense that she be the jealous one being in the background all this time. Could end up getting them both over say she gives Mandy a beatdown.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't suggesting it be a matter of concern over Dolph being a matter of concern over what, just that he would seem to be phased out of the storyline with little explanation if Tucker is the mastermind. Tucker and Dolph colluding to screw with Otis and Mandy wouldn't make much sense (yes I know it's WWE but that would be illogical even for them).

They've been slowly teasing some tension with Sonya and Rose at various times over the years. It would make more sense that she be the jealous one being in the background all this time. Could end up getting them both over say she gives Mandy a beatdown.
    And I think it's silly to worry about Dolph because the dude is always involved with very little rhyme or reason in various situations. He'll be fine. Tucker and Dolph don't need to be colluding together. Tucker would be doing what you suggest Sonya could do, being threatened because his partner is going through changes and he feels he'll get kicked to the curb.

If it's that apparent from a sensible perspective with Sonya, the zag is to make it Tucker. To me, Sonya is either going to stay as is or slowly fade away over time, regardless of what happens here. Simply due to the inherent nature of the main roster and tag teams, Tucker is on the shortest leash in terms of shelf life of any of the four main people (not counting Dolph). Your claim for the potential boost for Sonya works just as well as Tucker and he's probably the one who needs it most out of the two due to potential sustainability after a breakup.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I think it's silly to worry about Dolph because the dude is always involved with very little rhyme or reason in various situations. He'll be fine. Tucker and Dolph don't need to be colluding together. Tucker would be doing what you suggest Sonya could do, being threatened because his partner is going through changes and he feels he'll get kicked to the curb.

If it's that apparent from a sensible perspective with Sonya, the zag is to make it Tucker. To me, Sonya is either going to stay as is or slowly fade away over time, regardless of what happens here. Simply due to the inherent nature of the main roster and tag teams, Tucker is on the shortest leash in terms of shelf life of any of the four main people (not counting Dolph). Your claim for the potential boost for Sonya works just as well as Tucker and he's probably the one who needs it most out of the two due to potential sustainability after a breakup.
    Otis getting that text then Dolph showing up on the date instead would suggest some form of collusion between Tucker and Dolph unless you're suggesting Dolph just happened to be there coincidentally and got lucky that Otis didn't show. No I think the way this played out that he knew. "Dolph is more your type of guy" suggests Sonya maybe had involvement rather than a passing commentI suppose Dolph could've sent the text but Sonya being so close to Mandy makes her the most likely to grab her phone while Mandy was getting ready for the date. Also I think this could light a fire under Sonya and potentially go on a tear. She knows MMA so has some credibility to do that.

Tucker being it would be a zag if they found a halfway explanation for it but I just can't see how even if it is WWE. There very well may be a time that Heavy Machinery break up but I don't think this should be it just yet. I think they should at least get a tag title run first, best chance to have Otis get gold to capitalise on his popularity.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    He got nine staples in the back of his head for his trouble.
    Dammn. I could tell he was hurt, but I didn't know he was busted.

It seems like wrestlers in WWE get busted hardway more often than when they used to blade.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Otis getting that text then Dolph showing up on the date instead would suggest some form of collusion between Tucker and Dolph unless you're suggesting Dolph just happened to be there coincidentally and got lucky that Otis didn't show. No I think the way this played out that he knew. "Dolph is more your type of guy" suggests Sonya maybe had involvement rather than a passing commentI suppose Dolph could've sent the text but Sonya being so close to Mandy makes her the most likely to grab her phone while Mandy was getting ready for the date. Also I think this could light a fire under Sonya and potentially go on a tear. She knows MMA so has some credibility to do that.

Tucker being it would be a zag if they found a halfway explanation for it but I just can't see how even if it is WWE. There very well may be a time that Heavy Machinery break up but I don't think this should be it just yet. I think they should at least get a tag title run first, best chance to have Otis get gold to capitalise on his popularity.
    It wasn't just a matter of collusion between Tucker and Dolph, and it wasn't a case of blind luck for Dolph being there, because Mandy said she invited Dolph when it was apparent to her that Otis wasn't showing up.

A halfway explanation is what you expressed with Sonya: jealousy. It's not halfway or half-brained. It's logical.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; February 23rd, 2020 at 7:21 PM.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wasn't just a matter of collusion between Tucker and Dolph, and it wasn't a case of blind luck for Dolph being there, because Mandy said she invited Dolph when it was apparent to her that Otis wasn't showing up.

A halfway explanation is what you expressed with Sonya: jealousy. It's not halfway or half-brained. It's logical.
    Okay admittedly I forgot the part where she said she invited Ziggler but I'm still not sold on the idea of Tucker being the mastermind. Sonya and Mandy have been together for ages and could be fresher apart plus with all the hints of them breaking up in the past. Also I think HM still have some mileage even with Otis being more prominent at the moment.

Guess we'll see.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE has a tendency to break up tag teams rather than build them up so it wouldn't surprise me if this ended up w/ Tucker turning on Otis cuz it's WWE.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    WWE has a tendency to break up tag teams rather than build them up so it wouldn't surprise me if this ended up w/ Tucker turning on Otis cuz it's WWE.
    Though Sonya and a Mandy are a tag team as well to be fair so they could also be breaking them up.

Could be putting my foot in my mouth if it turns out differently but I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt for now and say this has been a long-term plan to break Sonya and Mandy rather than jumping the gun on a HM break up. I believe there were plans to break up Sonya and Mandy before but plans were nixed however this time they may be going through with it. The pieces seem to fit for that though I guess they could go with a Tucker left field reveal I guess.