Results 1,801 to 1,900 of 4453

Thread: The Official Monday Night RAW Thread

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    The Bash Sisters really should have put over The Riott Squad at WrestleMania...
    I agree. I think that it would've been one of those win-win scenarios. Riott Squad isn't just 2 people thrown together a week prior. They could also use the victory to cement their status as a team of worth and not just the Bushwackers.

Then you could split up Nia and Shayna and give the singles aspect of the women's division something more. They've done it all and right now I do see them dropping the titles to Tamina and Nattie. Hopefully that would then see the Riott Squad turn heel and win the belts from them the next day. Tamina is terrible and Nattie is cringey as fuck.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I agree. I think that it would've been one of those win-win scenarios. Riott Squad isn't just 2 people thrown together a week prior. They could also use the victory to cement their status as a team of worth and not just the Bushwackers.

Then you could split up Nia and Shayna and give the singles aspect of the women's division something more. They've done it all and right now I do see them dropping the titles to Tamina and Nattie. Hopefully that would then see the Riott Squad turn heel and win the belts from them the next day. Tamina is terrible and Nattie is cringey as fuck.
    Riott Squad doesn't even need to turn heel. People are solidly behind them as a team, and it seems every casual fan of women's wrestling is beyond baffled that they haven't held the tag titles yet. While it does like Nattie and Tamina are going to win the titles, I'd love for their reign to be exceptionally short so Ruby and Liv can finally get some payoff.

Good lord, Tamina is just horrible in the ring and on the mic. Everyone loves her backstage and I think that's wonderful (she seems like a sweet person in the real life), but being nice and being there for a long time doesn't mean you should hold a championship.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyRocks View Post
    Riott Squad doesn't even need to turn heel. People are solidly behind them as a team, and it seems every casual fan of women's wrestling is beyond baffled that they haven't held the tag titles yet. While it does like Nattie and Tamina are going to win the titles, I'd love for their reign to be exceptionally short so Ruby and Liv can finally get some payoff.

Good lord, Tamina is just horrible in the ring and on the mic. Everyone loves her backstage and I think that's wonderful (she seems like a sweet person in the real life), but being nice and being there for a long time doesn't mean you should hold a championship.
    I think Riott Squad were better as heels. We want to see them win the belts but that doesn't mean they have to be babyfaces. Fans are behind them getting that payoff and I don't think the way WWE books babyfaces works for these 2. We've had plenty of time to compare what they were like on both sides of the fence and heel seems to be their calling.

The problem is, the babyface teams they have outside of RS are weak as fuck lol. Naomi and Lana? Really? That's the best they have for Naomi....Lana, she isn't doing it in the ring. Worst part is, she fucking sucks on the mic as a face too. Incredible playing the Russian gimmick, dogshit doing everything else.

Tamina would be someone that gets released and people will be like "WHAT ABOUT NIA JAX!?!?!?" Her and Alicia Fox, they're in that same boat for me. IDK, maybe they're like Titus and do a bunch of charity work for the WWE and on their own time for the community. Titus is fucking terrible in the ring, they won't make him a heel because he wasn't very good as one to begin with and all the charity stuff he does.

But imagine you're in 5th grade and Titus shows up....That dude is a prime example of the WWE brand being bigger than the actual wrestler-in the eyes of WWE. If the WWF sent Sam Houston or Barry Horriblewitz to my class I'd be fucking pissed.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Riott Squad were better as heels. We want to see them win the belts but that doesn't mean they have to be babyfaces. Fans are behind them getting that payoff and I don't think the way WWE books babyfaces works for these 2. We've had plenty of time to compare what they were like on both sides of the fence and heel seems to be their calling.

The problem is, the babyface teams they have outside of RS are weak as fuck lol. Naomi and Lana? Really? That's the best they have for Naomi....Lana, she isn't doing it in the ring. Worst part is, she fucking sucks on the mic as a face too. Incredible playing the Russian gimmick, dogshit doing everything else.

Tamina would be someone that gets released and people will be like "WHAT ABOUT NIA JAX!?!?!?" Her and Alicia Fox, they're in that same boat for me. IDK, maybe they're like Titus and do a bunch of charity work for the WWE and on their own time for the community. Titus is fucking terrible in the ring, they won't make him a heel because he wasn't very good as one to begin with and all the charity stuff he does.

But imagine you're in 5th grade and Titus shows up....That dude is a prime example of the WWE brand being bigger than the actual wrestler-in the eyes of WWE. If the WWF sent Sam Houston or Barry Horriblewitz to my class I'd be fucking pissed.
    You're right about WWE and their treatment of babyfaces. And Ruby and Liv did work really well as heels. I'm not saying I don't want them to turn heel again at some point, but I just think they could be really effective faces for the time being. Just personal preference. If it takes them turning heel tomorrow to become tag champs, then I am all for it. I think Ruby and Liv deserve multiple runs with the belts, but I'm also a huge Ruby Riott/Heidi Lovelace fan. I think Ruby, like Nikki Cross, is criminally undervalued by WWE and the general fanbase.

I love the idea of Naomi and Lana being this colorful babyface team. But Lana is just not good in the ring. And I don't want to take anything away from her, I get that she is training to become better in the ring, but mama just aint there yet.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I think Ruby, like Nikki Cross, is criminally undervalued by WWE and the general fanbase.
    The company’s mistreatment of Nikki Cross is a fucking travesty; Alexa got her big angle with Bray and Nikki just got forgotten about.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not been sold on Nikki Cross other than her time in Sanity. I wasn't a fan of her pairing with Bliss, it dragged on forever and the payoff was what? A couple weeks of nothing. Plus, her call up was just random. One day she's just standing on the ramp while Stephanie takes all the credit for starting the Women's (R)Evolution.

She was like the female Crash Holly and it didn't work for me. She needs to recapture whatever magic she had in NXT. If that means going back to NXT, so be it.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not been sold on Nikki Cross other than her time in Sanity. I wasn't a fan of her pairing with Bliss, it dragged on forever and the payoff was what? A couple weeks of nothing. Plus, her call up was just random. One day she's just standing on the ramp while Stephanie takes all the credit for starting the Women's (R)Evolution.

She was like the female Crash Holly and it didn't work for me. She needs to recapture whatever magic she had in NXT. If that means going back to NXT, so be it.
    I'm an odd duck in that I actually liked BlissCross as a face tag team. I also think Nikki is a hell of a wrestler, is fantastic on the mic, and has an interesting look. I recently thought about what if she went back to NXT, but I think there's just so much more they could do with her on the main roster. Personal opinion, but I don't think they've yet to scratch the surface of what she can bring to the company if given the proper chance. I hope she can win you over one day!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm an odd duck in that I actually liked BlissCross as a face tag team. I also think Nikki is a hell of a wrestler, is fantastic on the mic, and has an interesting look. I recently thought about what if she went back to NXT, but I think there's just so much more they could do with her on the main roster. Personal opinion, but I don't think they've yet to scratch the surface of what she can bring to the company if given the proper chance. I hope she can win you over one day!
    I just felt like the Cross-Bliss thing was mega forced. Cross got called up with no plans, just look at what she was doing when she debuted, the random tag-teams. IDK, I think the babyface turn ruined it completely. As heels I could get into it but Bliss sucked as a straight up face.

For Nikki I just think she's ruined. The main roster turned her into a comedy gimmick. I used to tell my son that Otis and Nikki Cross are cut from the same shit cloth. Maybe if they make Nikki more serious she could be something but right now it just feels like Crash Holly and Molly Holly had a kid and well, when cousins have kids they don't exactly turn out that great lol.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just felt like the Cross-Bliss thing was mega forced. Cross got called up with no plans, just look at what she was doing when she debuted, the random tag-teams. IDK, I think the babyface turn ruined it completely. As heels I could get into it but Bliss sucked as a straight up face.

For Nikki I just think she's ruined. The main roster turned her into a comedy gimmick. I used to tell my son that Otis and Nikki Cross are cut from the same shit cloth. Maybe if they make Nikki more serious she could be something but right now it just feels like Crash Holly and Molly Holly had a kid and well, when cousins have kids they don't exactly turn out that great lol.
    Secretly hoping that this Lily doll of Alexa's turns out to be a deranged, NXT Sanity like Nikki Cross.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been wondering if they'll actually have Bliss wrestle or put someone else under the mask as Lily. Alexa barely wrestles, so it would be better for someone else to handle to in ring action while she does the playground stuff.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a strong feeling it'll be like how Al Snow was with Head. She'll have conversations with the doll and put her in the corner of her matches. Plus it'll also act as Urndertaker's urn, some source of power. Once someone destroys the doll, they "free" Alexa of whatever is controlling her.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a strong feeling it'll be like how Al Snow was with Head. She'll have conversations with the doll and put her in the corner of her matches. Plus it'll also act as Urndertaker's urn, some source of power. Once someone destroys the doll, they "free" Alexa of whatever is controlling her.
    This is probably a bit more likely than my thought, which was that we will see her get in the ring much more, and that we will find out that among the things she's stolen from the Fiend will be the Mandible Claw. It will be a way to help keep her matches short. I don't think she's gotten enough credit for carrying the Fiend's end of his feud with Randy. It seems ironic to me in that Bray Wyatt single-handedly carried both ends of his feud build with Taker, yet he was missing for most of his latest feud with Randy

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    This is probably a bit more likely than my thought, which was that we will see her get in the ring much more, and that we will find out that among the things she's stolen from the Fiend will be the Mandible Claw. It will be a way to help keep her matches short. I don't think she's gotten enough credit for carrying the Fiend's end of his feud with Randy. It seems ironic to me in that Bray Wyatt single-handedly carried both ends of his feud build with Taker, yet he was missing for most of his latest feud with Randy
    They've definitely taken a less is more approach with The Fiend. With Bray v. Undertaker, it was the other way around. Taker-albeit a contracted part time talent, wasn't there much but Bray held it down.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was...a show.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; May 4th, 2021 at 8:52 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Positives:

-Omos is pretty comfortable on the mic and actually pretty smooth doing basic big man things.
    -Kayla Braxton. Does she get hazard pay for getting constantly spit on by Mr. Angry Shouty Wrestler?
    -Morrison v Priest. Would love to see them pull the trigger on Priest v Sheamus for the US title.
    -RK-Bro. Riddle is growing on me and face Orton intrigues me. The 2021 Rock n’ Sock Connection?
    -Love me some Alexa Bliss but eventually she has to do something, right?

Negatives:

-Who’s brilliant idea was it to have RAW’s Carmella ruin that exquisite car by standing on it in high heels?
    -Why did Eva Marie decide to return? I don’t recall her being overly enamoured with the business during her first go-around. That was totally a rhetorical question because McMahon money talks.
    -Eva Marie taking future screen time from Asuka and Rhea.
    -When wrestlers use moves that take way too long to set up (hi Dana) and you can feel their opponent trying to make time stand still.
    -Charlotte Flair. Why is she acting like a petulant child at her ally Sonya? Mrs. Andrade, for all her in-ring talent, isn’t a very good talker.
    -Sonya is Adam’s equal?
    -Was NXT Rhea a better talker than RAW Rhea?
    -Poor Shelton.
    -Drew Gulak talking about win-loss records. Bruh.
    -I’m going to pretend I didn’t see that post-match shit with the rose. Ugh.
    -Sheamus squashing both Mansoor and Humberto.
    -Nothing says serious competitor like raving it up en route to a title match. Who is the fucking degen booking this women’s division?
    -The Botch Sisters. Boring.
    -Starting to get a little tired of Drew, to be honest.

Not a great show...
    Last edited by Tyson; May 3rd, 2021 at 11:46 PM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can try to make peace with Eva Marie being back but inspirational babyface Eva Marie isn't going to make it easy. If she were doing the shit she was doing during the tail end of her previous run, I could do it a lot quicker 'cuz that was actually pretty amusing. Guess we'll have to see how it goes...thankfully, I don't watch RAW so it'll only really be a problem when she starts making PPV cards.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the plus side, RAW has been consistent of late. The problem is it's been consistently bad for long stretches. RKBro intrigues me but expecting an inevitable feud leading to a blowoff match at Summerslam.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I barely remember Eva Marie. That is, I remember the name, and the face/body kinda look familiar, but I couldn't tell you anything about her character or history or any prior stories. She's been forgotten like the dozens of other hot women that have come and gone.

I would have said Mansoor deserves better than this, but he would have been in this exact same spot within a few weeks anyway. Carillo should have attacked Mansoor, then said he did it just so Sheamus took the loss. Either way, Mansoor looks weak, but they could have build something off of that better.

Dana took a huge step back this week. She had been steadily improving in the ring but this was not a good showing for her.

I am not sure if we are supposed to dislike Sonya or Adam, or both, or even understand any of the issues they appear to be having.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Pearce and Sonya this will probably lead to some silly matchup at summerslam where they each pick a person for a match and whoever's choice wins gets control of RAW. Like we haven't seen that a couple times before. Would be the least interesting power struggle ever.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This seems like a very good episode to earmark to see what comes of people 4-6 weeks from now.

For example, you've got...
    Monsoor
    Alexander
    Garza (Pelé kicking roses into people's butts)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I barely remember Eva Marie. That is, I remember the name, and the face/body kinda look familiar, but I couldn't tell you anything about her character or history or any prior stories. She's been forgotten like the dozens of other hot women that have come and gone.

I would have said Mansoor deserves better than this, but he would have been in this exact same spot within a few weeks anyway. Carillo should have attacked Mansoor, then said he did it just so Sheamus took the loss. Either way, Mansoor looks weak, but they could have build something off of that better.

Dana took a huge step back this week. She had been steadily improving in the ring but this was not a good showing for her.

I am not sure if we are supposed to dislike Sonya or Adam, or both, or even understand any of the issues they appear to be having.
    I liked her gimmick where she was going to debut but each time something happened to prevent it. The bts gossip was she wasn't ready to wrestle so they delayed it, the gimmick got good heat so they kept doing it. Then she quit or something. That I don't remember. Hopefully she has been training.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    I liked her gimmick where she was going to debut but each time something happened to prevent it. The bts gossip was she wasn't ready to wrestle so they delayed it, the gimmick got good heat so they kept doing it. Then she quit or something. That I don't remember. Hopefully she has been training.
    She got popped for a wellness violation, which she ultimately disputed. She started pursuing her own thing and eventually left.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    RK-Bro has totally made me a fan of Riddle. Kudos to Randy for the rub but even more so to Riddle for flipping me on his character I absolutely hated. I know it probably won't happen this way but I really hope when the time comes it is Riddle who turns on Orton.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I can try to make peace with Eva Marie being back but inspirational babyface Eva Marie isn't going to make it easy. If she were doing the shit she was doing during the tail end of her previous run, I could do it a lot quicker 'cuz that was actually pretty amusing. Guess we'll have to see how it goes...thankfully, I don't watch RAW so it'll only really be a problem when she starts making PPV cards.
    she's going to be a face?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I don't watch Raw"

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    she's going to be a face?
    That's the vibe I got from the vignette. She was talking about giving back and wanting to be a role model/inspiration for people pursuing their goals and shit like that. I suppose she could swerve it and be a jerk about it somehow but didn't get any hint of that here.
    "I don't watch Raw"
    But I do watch YouTube clips and they've got her vignette on there.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I watch @BGMaverick review of raw.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giving your opinion on something based on youtube clips is like reading the front page headlines and assuming you know the entire article's intention.

WATCH RAW

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giving your opinion on something based on youtube clips is like reading the front page headlines and assuming you know the entire article's intention.

WATCH RAW

Yeah, that would maybe apply to anything other than Eva Marie's vignette. It was a vignette. i saw the whole goddamn thing. There's nothing else to it, you goofball.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the vibe I got from the vignette. She was talking about giving back and wanting to be a role model/inspiration for people pursuing their goals and shit like that. I suppose she could swerve it and be a jerk about it somehow but didn't get any hint of that here.

But I do watch YouTube clips and they've got her vignette on there.
    You could say the same about Kurt Angle or Hassan. I think the point is for you to hate her based on her vignettes and past character. Maybe that's just me.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, like I said, it could swerve and be like Angle where she's oblivious to how arrogant/asshole-ish she comes across while she toots her own horn about being an inspiring role model. That could work. But if they just try to role with her as a babyface, it's gonna backfire real quick.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way Eva Marie said she wanted to go back to where she started, I felt like she was going to announce another Diva Search with her as the host. That would be preferable to her in the ring.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But if you don’t watch the nuance of the three segments before, how will you ever form a proper opinion on a completely independent vignette that you can watch on YouTube?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I have no recollection of who Eva Marie even is.

Is she the one who was with Ryder back in the day?

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, she was miss All Red Everything

She wasn’t good. At all.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless you mean on screen. Offscreen i have no idea

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I have no recollection of who Eva Marie even is.

Is she the one who was with Ryder back in the day?
    No that's Eve Torres.

This is Eva Marie:

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A good way, I think, to utilize all the female talent for Raw, and make use of the three hour format, is to do a Queen of the Ring. It pretty much writes itself, you can have qualifiers for two weeks, the third week is the tournament, and the fourth week is the PPV, where the winner takes on the champion. No, this isn't like Mick Foley's idea of having an all women brand, but if they're going to have all these people employed, I say make use of them in logical ways, and not just random matches with no stakes.

Currently they have on Raw:
    Champion: Rhea Ripley
    Charlotte
    Asuka
    Alexa Bliss
    Nia Jax
    Shayna Bayzler
    Mandy Rose
    Dana Brooke
    Lana (or is she Smackdown?)
    Naomi
    Liv Morgan
    Ruby Riott
    Nikki Cross
    Mia Yim/Reckoning

That's more than enough to do a tournament on tv. I dare say even have some of the NXT women in there. Obvious story is Charlotte thinks she should be a shoo-in to win. And she does make light work of the first two opponents. But you have a dark horse (that isn't hyped up as one, just keeps collecting quality wins, not surprise roll ups). And then when the winner is declared, Charlotte, in a fit of jealous rage, attacks her. Ala, Jerry Lawler did to Bret after his KOR (one of my favorites, btw).

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Riott Squad are on Smackdown.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there anybody currently on Raw that is being criminally underused that fans are really into?

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is there anybody currently on Raw that is being criminally underused that fans are really into?
    Ricochet?

Mustafa Ali?

Dijakovic?

Those would be the top ones I can think of, with the latter two being stuck with a stupid, stupid gimmick.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ricochet maybe? He was over and I think he's being underused or not used at all.

Ali is good in the ring, has a good look, and good on the mic. I think he would make a great midcard heel or face.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    Ricochet?

Mustafa Ali?

Dijakovic?

Those would be the top ones I can think of, with the latter two being stuck with a stupid, stupid gimmick.
    Would Ricochet benefit from turning heel?

Dijack needs a complete overhaul. Hooking up with The Hurt Business was the right step, but he's still T-Bar, he has even worse shit on his face lol.

Ricochet maybe? He was over and I think he's being underused or not used at all.

Ali is good in the ring, has a good look, and good on the mic. I think he would make a great midcard heel or face.
    His stable had serious potential but they botched it as soon as they tried to alter everyone else's persona. It didn't make any sense for him to recruit these people then change their names, put masks on them, etc. They could've been what Punk was going to originally do with The Shield where he found the top 3 guys in NXT and brought them up as his muscle.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're both on Main Event, facing each over the last two episodes.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    They're both on Main Event, facing each over the last two episodes.
    And?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aleister Black is my top pick, if we can't count Keith Lee (whose absence has not been explained) Isn't that what Raw Talk is for?

We don't want to see Black giving cryptic promos or sit behind a door, we want to see him in the ring. So it counts as underused.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aleister Black is my top pick, if we can't count Keith Lee (whose absence has not been explained) Isn't that what Raw Talk is for?

We don't want to see Black giving cryptic promos or sit behind a door, we want to see him in the ring. So it counts as underused.
    He's on Smackdown. He's been reintroduced over the last couple of weeks.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff Hardy? Doesn't seem to be doing much of anything.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Jeff Hardy? Doesn't seem to be doing much of anything.
    Yo...

Let's not even talk about Jeff Hardy right now. Did you see what happened to him against Jinder?

The fucked up part man is that I can't really complain because this is all Jeff's doing. He should be thankful A-his fans are so fucking forgiving and B-so is the wrestling industry. The guy has fucked up left and right, no regard for himself, his family, or others and still somehow manages to be a top draw. It's crazy. Probably because he's not a brash guy in public. I've seen a few of his drugged out vids that were released on the internet so he can be a prick but for the most part, very well liked.

All that said man, the WWE should be draining every ounce of $$$ they can get because he could be a top guy still just like Rey. Rey might be in a tag-team but he was in a main event feud and is still heavily featured. Jeff could be that guy too but he's not reliable and here we are, watching do a job to Jinder that you know won't turn into anything.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's not even talk about Jeff Hardy right now. Did you see what happened to him against Jinder?
    Three years ago?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Three years ago?
    Homeboy you make this too easy. Do you even watch WWE programming?

A week ago genius. A WEEK AGO Jinder Mahal returned on Main Event and beat Jeff Hardy.

3 years ago.....

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A week ago genius. A WEEK AGO Jinder Mahal returned on Main Event and beat Jeff Hardy.

3 years ago.....
    Nope, don't watch it regularly. Didn't even know Main Event was still up and running actually. I was asking a question, not attempting some kind of gotcha.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 years ago.....
    And Jinder beat Jeff again tonight. Yes, Mahal is a former World Champion, but they shouldn't be feeding someone like Jeff to him.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Jinder beat Jeff again tonight. Yes, Mahal is a former World Champion, but they shouldn't be feeding someone like Jeff to him.
    An ideal option is busy as he's questioning the motives of a rose being put into his butt.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An ideal option is busy as he's questioning the motives of a rose being put into his butt.
    Now that I think about it, Jeff got the better deal. At least he doesn't have to pick thorns out of his butt crack.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My preview on USA said Raw was announced by Vic Joseph, Jerry Lawler, and Dio Maddin. I kind of wish I could listen to that team rather than this one.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Dio Madden was back on commentary, maybe he could finally address what's going on with him and Dijak constantly messing with McIntyre.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Positives:

-The announce trio tonight
    -Jinder Mahal returning with some big (green) dudes in his corner. Where are the Singh brothers though?
    -Riddle as Orton’s hype man, I’m down.
    -Tweener Orton, fucking love it.
    -Alexander v Benjamin
    -Priest v Morrison
    -Lashley v McIntyre, Drew is a very good worker for a big man.
    -THIS is how you book Braun Strowman. Fuck yes, put the strap on the dude while he’s white hot.

Negatives:

-Whomever is booking the women’s division needs to figure it out.
    -Whatever legit injury Humberto received did not look good...fuck. Hate to see these athletes get hurt.
    -Can’t say I’m overwhelmed with Rhea’s reign, she really needs to go over and look good doing it this Sunday.
    -Why does Lashley try the Hurt Lock on big dudes?

That was a real good show, by RAW standards since like early January. 7/10.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    -Jinder Mahal returning with some big (green) dudes in his corner. Where are the Singh brothers though?
    The Bollywood Boyz are on 205 Live.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just caught the Humberto spot, ughh that looked really bad. Could be a shoulder or maybe hip injury, but he was definitely knocked loopy... hope my dude is ok.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jinder Mahal is someone who ruined a good run the WWE had of pushing the talent we wanted. Bray finally wins the World title, does it by beating arguably the 2 best of the modern era in Cena and AJ Styles....then has to drop it to Orton so Orton can put over Jinder. Nakamura shows up, does the fuckin job. I actually cheered for Corbin to cash in his MITB and win the belt but they said naw fuck you Corbin.

And for what? A pointless attempt to lure fans from India? They were already with you! It's like making Orton champion again because they want the fans in St Louis to watch Raw......

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So, I take it Drew McIntyre is going to win the title on Sunday, and then feud with Mahal, culminating in a match at SummerSlam?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I recently got rid of cable, but it's not like I was watching RAW anyway I think at this point even reading the recaps is a waste of time. I'll just watch the PPVs and get caught up on everything from the video packages they do.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    So, I take it Drew McIntyre is going to win the title on Sunday, and then feud with Mahal, culminating in a match at SummerSlam?
    I don't mind Drew winning, but I definitely will not participate in anything involving Jinder Mahal in the main event. He can have his two giant greenhorns with him and win the US title from Sheamus or something.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They have the tie in with 3MB, and also there were rumors last year that Drew was going to feud with Jinder but then Jinder got injured.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have the tie in with 3MB, and also there were rumors last year that Drew was going to feud with Jinder but then Jinder got injured.
    I respect the tie in but a stable of jobbers where the real memorable guy of the group was fired last year doesn't really appeal to me.

I do remember hearing about a possible feud. Luckily for us Jinder was injured and luckily for WWE because those ratings would have been terrible.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently got rid of cable, but it's not like I was watching RAW anyway I think at this point even reading the recaps is a waste of time. I'll just watch the PPVs and get caught up on everything from the video packages they do.

It's pretty much how I stay minimally informed about what goes down on RAW and SD, even though SD seems to be miles better than RAW. The recaps on the front page read like someone is trying to write wrestling fan fic so I pretty much look over BGMaverick's reviews and then I'll swing over to the Youtube page and watch what sounded cool.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    It's pretty much how I stay minimally informed about what goes down on RAW and SD, even though SD seems to be miles better than RAW. The recaps on the front page read like someone is trying to write wrestling fan fic so I pretty much look over BGMaverick's reviews and then I'll swing over to the Youtube page and watch what sounded cool.
    thank you

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I respect the tie in but a stable of jobbers where the real memorable guy of the group was fired last year doesn't really appeal to me.

I do remember hearing about a possible feud. Luckily for us Jinder was injured and luckily for WWE because those ratings would have been terrible.
    THIS.

I hate to see guys get injured, but I can't say that I missed Jinder. I respect how he got himself into phenomenal physique, because there is no doubt he's worked hard. I am willing to give him credit for not butchering his comeback promo, and I hope that over the past two years he has learned a bit more about ring psychology / storytelling, how to sell, but more importantly, how to transition between moves better. In his Raw Talk appearance he seemed more comfortable on the mic - he used to look so scared of being interviewed, frightened that he'd forget something or say something wrong. I don't think the duo of Shanky and Veer are going to help make him look nearly as good as the Bollywood Boyz helped him, but on the other hand, they might become the next version of the New Day - something I don't think any of us expected to become nearly as good as they were. Sometimes, a good bit of time away really helps someone get more comfortable in their role - look what it has done for MVP.

Not sure what to think about Miz/Johnny Drip Drip yet. The only certainty here is that Priestly will come out on top at the lumberjack match, as Miz was shown to be an idiot for not attacking JoMo for the DQ. Hard to believe Miz held the top belt just a few months ago.

Add me to the list really enjoying the Riddle/Randy pairing. Both guys are really making this enjoyable.

Omos takes his first L, but in an 8-man tag match, not being involved in the decision doesn't hurt him.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't wondering what happened to those two clowns that showed up with Jinder, then there they are. Would like to see Viking Raiders paired up with Drew if we're going that way having most tag teams associate with a singles guy.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's still astounding to me why Jinder is still around, still in 2021. His entire tenure w/ WWE has ranged from below average to mediocre.

NeverDrewADime.gif

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add me to the list really enjoying the Riddle/Randy pairing. Both guys are really making this enjoyable.
    I thought Riddle should have retained the US title at 'Mania, but this angle with Orton is more interesting than what Sheamus is doing right now. It also gives fans a chance to see more of Riddle's character work and if he goes over Otron when they finally clash, then that will go a long way towards portraying him as someone to take seriously in the ring.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sheamus as US champion has been completely pointless.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sheamus as US champion has been completely pointless.
    On the other hand, prior to his US title win, he had been coming off a run of terrific matches over the past several months. His feuds with Jeff Hardy, then his friendship angle leading to his terrific matches with Drew, and his matches against Lashley were all very very good. Even his brief stuff with He was deserving, but once he's gotten the title from Riddle, instead of Riddle trying to win it back, they're forcing us to sit through Carrillo and Mansoor trying to step up. Neither of these two have any credibility, so it's not fair to blame Sheamus for that.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the other hand, prior to his US title win, he had been coming off a run of terrific matches over the past several months. His feuds with Jeff Hardy, then his friendship angle leading to his terrific matches with Drew, and his matches against Lashley were all very very good. Even his brief stuff with He was deserving, but once he's gotten the title from Riddle, instead of Riddle trying to win it back, they're forcing us to sit through Carrillo and Mansoor trying to step up. Neither of these two have any credibility, so it's not fair to blame Sheamus for that.
    Exactly. I don't even see why he needed the US title. Let's be honest, it seems far fetched that the idea this whole time has been Riddle being a transitional US champion to work a tag-team angle with Orton. Sheamus feels very forced in this position because of how well he'd been doing with the top tier stuff against Drew, Lashley, Hardy, and Keith Lee.

Now it's like...Do we really give a shit that he's fighting Mansoor of all people? Or vanilla "I look like I'm a 9 year old boy in a 17 year old boy's body" Humberto?

Trust me I'm not putting any blame on Sheamus but nobody is disagreeing that him as US champion has been completely pointless.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if the point was that they expect Keith Lee back any moment, and want him and Sheamus to beat the snot out of each other for a few months.

The other possibility is that Strowman will come step up after he needs a consolation for not winning the top strap.

But to say giving Sheamus the US title is pointless isn't really fair either. The point was pretty clear that they felt Sheamus consistently losing to the very top card guys, led to him needing to regain some credibility himself.

Since we don't yet know what the future plans are, it is fair to say his current title reign has been underwhelming at best.

Most of us enjoyed his feud with Jeff Hardy. Since Jeff came out on top of that, its kind of surprising to look back and see what each has done since then. I would not have expected Sheamus to do as well since then, and Hardy to be the afterthought jobber barely being used.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watching Raw now. Loved Riddle after that match
    He reacted like he was the adult in a mentos commercial. Fantastic

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were so many Spinebusters in that 8 man tag, I thought I was watching a WWE video game stream. Even AJ hit one and he never uses that move.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were so many Spinebusters in that 8 man tag, I thought I was watching a WWE video game stream. Even AJ hit one and he never uses that move.
    It is one of the few offensive moves that Elias (and Ryker, too) can pull off convincingly. And Woods seemed to take most of them, because he sells it better than most.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if the point was that they expect Keith Lee back any moment, and want him and Sheamus to beat the snot out of each other for a few months.

The other possibility is that Strowman will come step up after he needs a consolation for not winning the top strap.

But to say giving Sheamus the US title is pointless isn't really fair either. The point was pretty clear that they felt Sheamus consistently losing to the very top card guys, led to him needing to regain some credibility himself.

Since we don't yet know what the future plans are, it is fair to say his current title reign has been underwhelming at best.

Most of us enjoyed his feud with Jeff Hardy. Since Jeff came out on top of that, its kind of surprising to look back and see what each has done since then. I would not have expected Sheamus to do as well since then, and Hardy to be the afterthought jobber barely being used.
    But at the expense of Matt Riddle? I personally don't see how Fiend v. Orton leads to Orton teaming with Riddle in terms of that being something they had planned awhile ago. Were they thinking, Ok we'll have Riddle win the title but then lose it a month later because him and Orton are going to start being a tag-team after The Fiend angle is done.....

If that was how they went about then it explains why Sheamus winning the US title hasn't mattered. It's been over a month and we're not talking about a guy we have never seen in this position. It's Sheamus....He's been in the company for almost 15 years so we have seen what he brings to the table. Rewarding him for having a handful of good programs doesn't make sense as the expense of Matt Riddle.

Sheamus as US Champion feels like when Orton was US champion. I mean I think it's obvious what the plan is here with Sheamus. Have a veteran carry the US title, have him work with up and comers and hope they get the rub. But IMO, you don't need Sheamus to be champion for that to happen. He's won and lost so many championships, it would be like if in 1992 they put the IC title back on Greg The Hammer or Tito Santana instead of keeping it moving with the talent like HBK, Bret, Perfect, etc.

Honestly, I would've rather seen Riddle retain and feud with Orton over the title, maybe add a little more prestige to the belt instead of passing it back to another 40+ year old who already had it several times and did nothing to elevate the division.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orton/Riddle is one of the few highlights of Raw these days. I like how they've not just had Orton immediately brush off his nonsense like everyone else does.

It's kinda like Orton is stringing him along then eventually he's going to turn on him and destroy him (maybe with punt). This could lead to Riddle coming back with a more serious edge for revenge. I don't think that would need the US title.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Orton/Riddle is one of the few highlights of Raw these days. I like how they've not just had Orton immediately brush off his nonsense like everyone else does.

It's kinda like Orton is stringing him along then eventually he's going to turn on him and destroy him (maybe with punt). This could lead to Riddle coming back with a more serious edge for revenge. I don't think that would need the US title.
    The US title needs a good feud. How do you increase the value of the US title if you're just passing it around and having nothing feuds? I don't think Riddle v. Orton NEEDS the US title...Nerf gun to my head I would rather see Riddle with the US title feuding with Randy Orton than Sheamus with the US title doing whatever it is he's doing with nobodies like Mansoor and Humberto.

With Sheamus they're going to try and hope that by one of these lesser guys beating for the US title it'll make that person bigger. A year ago they were doing the same storyline with Apollo Crews wrestling MVP and Lashley. It did Crews no favors because more often than not it fails miserably when you force these situations.

RKBro is withou a doubt a great angle, the US title not being part of it definitely hurts the US title's position on the show more than anything.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The US title needs a good feud. How do you increase the value of the US title if you're just passing it around and having nothing feuds? I don't think Riddle v. Orton NEEDS the US title...Nerf gun to my head I would rather see Riddle with the US title feuding with Randy Orton than Sheamus with the US title doing whatever it is he's doing with nobodies like Mansoor and Humberto.

With Sheamus they're going to try and hope that by one of these lesser guys beating for the US title it'll make that person bigger. A year ago they were doing the same storyline with Apollo Crews wrestling MVP and Lashley. It did Crews no favors because more often than not it fails miserably when you force these situations.

RKBro is withou a doubt a great angle, the US title not being part of it definitely hurts the US title's position on the show more than anything.
    If it leads to somebody like Lee or somebody completely unexpected or a new signing/call up from NXT then I can get behind Sheamus as champ. RKBro is a great angle but it can be argued that the US title wouldn’t add anything either as it’s a hot enough angle as is. At least Sheamus is being up front about being a prize fighter and not wanting to give a shot to just any old schmo so there is value in that.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    If it leads to somebody like Lee or somebody completely unexpected or a new signing/call up from NXT then I can get behind Sheamus as champ. RKBro is a great angle but it can be argued that the US title wouldn’t add anything either as it’s a hot enough angle as is. At least Sheamus is being up front about being a prize fighter and not wanting to give a shot to just any old schmo so there is value in that.
    If it does lead to Keith Lee (who I think was probably penciled in to win it from Lashley) getting the strap I'm down. If it's someone from NXT that depends on who it is. Adam Cole shows up and wins the US title I'm retiring from WWE.

With Orton and Riddle it's not really about the US title adding something as it is the feud elevating the status of the US title. You have a fresh face in Riddle and arguably one of the absolute greatest in WWE history feuding. I think the US title gets a little of that main event dust sprinkled on it because you want the man to make the title almost more than the title making the man. Riddle beating a guy like Orton is huge on it's own but if we're trying to make titles matter I don't think it would've been a bad thing for it to be in the mix.

The argument would then be "Why is Orton going from a main event feud with The Fiend to challenging for the US title?" I guess that shows how we view Orton in comparison to his long time nemesis Sheamus.

Sheamus has already been US champ. I'm actually shocked he has never been IC champ. Now if he were IC Champ doing what he's doing now I could get behind that more because it's original. It strengthens the legacy of the IC title while also boosting up Sheamus who could add this to his long list of accomplishments. Now he's just doing something we've already seen Lashley doing 2 months ago.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it does lead to Keith Lee (who I think was probably penciled in to win it from Lashley) getting the strap I'm down. If it's someone from NXT that depends on who it is. Adam Cole shows up and wins the US title I'm retiring from WWE.

With Orton and Riddle it's not really about the US title adding something as it is the feud elevating the status of the US title. You have a fresh face in Riddle and arguably one of the absolute greatest in WWE history feuding. I think the US title gets a little of that main event dust sprinkled on it because you want the man to make the title almost more than the title making the man. Riddle beating a guy like Orton is huge on it's own but if we're trying to make titles matter I don't think it would've been a bad thing for it to be in the mix.

The argument would then be "Why is Orton going from a main event feud with The Fiend to challenging for the US title?" I guess that shows how we view Orton in comparison to his long time nemesis Sheamus.

Sheamus has already been US champ. I'm actually shocked he has never been IC champ. Now if he were IC Champ doing what he's doing now I could get behind that more because it's original. It strengthens the legacy of the IC title while also boosting up Sheamus who could add this to his long list of accomplishments. Now he's just doing something we've already seen Lashley doing 2 months ago.
    Next Superstar shake-up, I would agree get Sheamus on there and after the IC title.

As things are, as much as it sucks as to what happened to Carillo with that spot, if they’re smart they’ll use this opportunity to put more heat on Sheamus taking credit for what happened to build extra heat for whoever does take him down.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since Daniel Bryan has left Smackdown, I would be down with him coming to Raw to step up to Sheamus. I also would have liked to see Samoa Joe vs. Sheamus, both in tweener roles, beat the hell out of each other. But since both are gone, not sure what's next.

If it won't be Lee, then maybe Braun will limp out of the main event scene after Backlash, but to rehabilitate him they will give him the US title.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since Daniel Bryan has left Smackdown, I would be down with him coming to Raw to step up to Sheamus. I also would have liked to see Samoa Joe vs. Sheamus, both in tweener roles, beat the hell out of each other. But since both are gone, not sure what's next.

If it won't be Lee, then maybe Braun will limp out of the main event scene after Backlash, but to rehabilitate him they will give him the US title.
    As nice as a loophole as that would be, it was probably done so Bryan could spend more time with family and his new born son so not likely.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope it's Keith Lee for the open challenge, but we're probably getting Gillberg.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Positives:

-Riddle throwing away the key. LOL.
    -Alexa Bliss
    -Riddle going fanboy over Orton, I’m so down for RK Bro.
    -Ricochet bumping his ass off for Sheamus.
    -Asuka v Charlotte. Wow, that was a PPV main event quality match there.
    -That Superplex to the outside. Holy shit.
    -Priest v Morrison.
    -What I said for Styles also stands for Kofi.

Negatives:

-Love me some Drew Mac, but I need a bit of a break from him monopolizing the WWE title scene.
    -Really want to see one last face run with one of the big belts for AJ Styles before he retires. They’re booking him as a heel, but I’m still marking out for him.
    -Angel Garza
    -Still not sure what Carmella RAW is going to bring, other than taking ring/screen time from more deserving women’s workers.
    -I hate it when the champion comes out first.
    -Corey Graves had the annoying turned up to 12/10 tonight.

A pretty good RAW by RAW standards, 6/10.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A surprising face got two wins in one night against two top competitors on Wrestlemania Backlash Raw.

Side note: Good thing we got that Jinder Mahal match last week. Perfect followup on that this week. Oh wait...
    Last edited by BGMaverick; May 18th, 2021 at 12:15 AM.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AJ/Omos are heels, but they played the face role against Elias/Ryker. Omos has been protected, and built well, so he's getting crowd pops. I wouldn't mind seeing them in the face role more.

I love Charlotte interrupting the ladies tag teams com. Ripley's promo to Charlotte was pretty heelish. Charlotte and Asuka had another match where they both showed they are miles ahead of the other ladies on the roster. Asuka deserved a solid win like that after several recent losses.

Riddle trying to get Randy to apologize felt contrived with the two headed snake, but Randy and Kofi took the promo spot over and it was ON. The match was kept short, and Randy losing to a rollup is lame, but it made sense to keep it short given that Kofi would appear later to challenge Lashley. I also liked Riddle jawing with Woods after the match.

Nikki Cross deserves better that being a LumberJill in a Lumberjack match.

I enjoyed the Bliss Playground segment, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one expecting her to cause a distraction in the tag match. I'm glad the champs retained as Shayna should move on to the singles title scene. BG's thought of Bliss and Lily winning the tag titles worries me. I wanted Nattie/Tamina to win on Smackdown, but I hadn't thought it would mean they'd both be appearing on both Raw and SD - too much Snuka for me.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm blown away that the WWE pulled the trigger on Tamina and Natalya winning the belts. Of all the teams that they could've put the belts on.....

I find it very disgusting in a way reading positive comments about Tamina finally winning a belt and it's long overdue. Based on what? Seriously....Can't wrestle, can't talk, looks like shit even with showing some titties and she's paired with someone who can somewhat wrestle but is about as exciting of a character as Lance Storm's singles run in the WWF.

I'll take Alexa Bliss and a little doll as champions over Tamina even being in the WWE. I get Vince felt like he owed something to Jim Snuka but why at our expense??

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm starting to think the Eva Marie vignettes are going the old Kurt Angle route after all...which might be alright.

Alexa and a doll winning the tag titles would be pretty stupid but ND is right, it would be better than Tamina/Nattie as champs.

Nice to see Kofi possibly getting back into the title picture.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not much on Alexa plus Niki Cross as a doll winning the tag titles.

...but then again, I haven’t watched an (entire) Alexa Bliss segment in months, they’re all just cringeworthy.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm starting to think the Eva Marie vignettes are going the old Kurt Angle route after all...which might be alright.

Alexa and a doll winning the tag titles would be pretty stupid but ND is right, it would be better than Tamina/Nattie as champs.

Eva has to be a heel. The biggest problem with Eva was simply experience and desire. Like many wrestlers in the past, most used the platform of pro wrestling to do other things. She was gifted so much without any real training and instead of fans (for the most part) being sympathetic and understanding, they just used it as a way to project their own shortcomings.

So you make Eva a heel, let the fans get it out of their system. If she does a good job-which I think she will if you ever saw her character work in NXT (Wasn't Nia Jax her bodyguard for a minute?) it's only a matter of time before the fans are praising her work. She just needs to get the experience because there is serious potential.

As far as the tag titles go.....I don't think we can get any lower than Braun and the ref's kid. That practically derailed everything for Braun and made the Raw tag belts look stupid. If Bliss and the doll win holy shit, DDT will probably have to bust out the blowup doll again.

I like Kofi in a Jericho type role. Obviously he is a great worker, any style any match. Tag, singles. His build up and reign were special. I think that you know, sometimes people forget that it took Macho Man Randy Savage and Bret Hart 17 years to win their first World title.

Think about that. Macho and Bret, both men in practically any respected wrestler and fans top 10 of all time. Now we're seeing Kofi, Drew, Lashley, guys who put in the work and the stars didn't align until these last couple years and it made great stories.

Quote Originally Posted by NWo4LifeOr2Years View Post
    I’m not much on Alexa plus Niki Cross as a doll winning the tag titles.

...but then again, I haven’t watched an (entire) Alexa Bliss segment in months, they’re all just cringeworthy.
    Nikki Cross as a doll?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AJ Styles vs. Elias
    Oof. Styles is really good but it's asking a lot for him to carry Elias to a 10-plus minute match with a DQ finish (Ryker pulling Styles off the apron before he hit the Phenomenal Forearm). This match was nothing but ultimate filler.

Angel Garza vs. Drew Gulak
    Garza getting the 8k interest feels like a misallocation of resources. That was my biggest takeaway. Garza won in less than three minutes, and shoved a rose down Gulak's throat. Yuck (to everything here).
    Instead of that boring 10 min. AJ v Elias match, they could have given Garza and Gulak more time. I'm pretty sure those two could put together some entertaining matches, but instead of treating this like a real feud, it's just a way to heat up Garza and that's a waste.

Nikki Cross deserves better that being a LumberJill in a Lumberjack match.

I enjoyed the Bliss Playground segment, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one expecting her to cause a distraction in the tag match. I'm glad the champs retained as Shayna should move on to the singles title scene. BG's thought of Bliss and Lily winning the tag titles worries me. I wanted Nattie/Tamina to win on Smackdown, but I hadn't thought it would mean they'd both be appearing on both Raw and SD - too much Snuka for me.
    If Riddle wasn't paired up with Orton, I'd almost want him to do something with Nikki. They're both out there characters and could have some fun segments.

I can't even remember what brands Nia and Shayna were originally on.

I'm blown away that the WWE pulled the trigger on Tamina and Natalya winning the belts. Of all the teams that they could've put the belts on.....

I find it very disgusting in a way reading positive comments about Tamina finally winning a belt and it's long overdue. Based on what? Seriously....Can't wrestle, can't talk, looks like shit even with showing some titties and she's paired with someone who can somewhat wrestle but is about as exciting of a character as Lance Storm's singles run in the WWF.

I'll take Alexa Bliss and a little doll as champions over Tamina even being in the WWE. I get Vince felt like he owed something to Jim Snuka but why at our expense??
    This is typical left field booking from Vince. Instead of putting the belts on an established team and rewarding them for their work, he puts two random people together and they win them almost immediately. He broke up Peyton and Billie and then released them, has kept the Riott Squad in limbo, and Mandy and Dana are reduced to jobbers. But Tamina really needs a push. Is this some Total Divas bullshit? If that's the case, they could have at least had Naomi and Lana win.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smackdown's acknowledgement of WWE going back out on the road in July was somewhat subtle. Raw's attempt hit you over the head with it, with quick promos by Braun Strowman, Damian Priest, Mandy Rose, Dana Brooke, John Morrison and Jeff Hardy. That would mark the lone appearances for those individuals.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried to watch some of the show, but I just couldn't most of the time. But, truth be told, IF they put the title back on Kofi, I would be for that. The man is your only other legit contender and people will boo Drew if they keep this up, so put it back on Kofi to diffuse some of that. Plus, people would pop for that if it's a live crowd since they were none too pleased with him losing the title in 8 seconds. Even if it's just a month long or short reign up until Summerslam, it would be far better than rehashing Drew and Bobby. He beats Lashley, retains against Lashley, maybe has a feud with Xavier, but after that, they hug and are still friends. Then at Summerslam, defends and actually beats Drew to retain. They celebrate. But then Bobby comes out and annihilates him for revenge. Build that until Survivor Series, and have Bobby regain the title. Boom, you got July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, and Jan covered up until Royal Rumble if done right. And with no repeats.

I guess I'm biased since I just watched the Warrior profile they did on A&E and they showed him going against Slaughter, and there was shot of Macho Man, and I think someone else at the time. Yeah, there were some lower tier guys he feuded with when he had the title, but they were all new match ups.

Nikki really should be trying to get Alexa back, only to get turned into a Fiend zombie. This random shit ain't gonna work. And fuck Charlotte for getting a title match for beating Asuka, when Asuka beat her last week. Logic would dictate that Asuka would get the shot, but whatever. They've made me not care. What is this dampening field that seems to encase NXT people when they come up to the "main" roster. And I put that in quotes because it feels like NXT can have consistent good matches, not do too many repeats, and everyone feels like a real character as opposed to just an automaton on Raw (not so much Smackdown).

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Positives:

-Kofi getting some shine
    -Asuka v Flair, those two work really well together.
    -Alexander v Benjamin
    -Riddle v Woods
    -Omos got some wheels, yo. Holy shit.
    -Carrillo is one lucky dude, I thought for sure he was done for a year.
    -Sheamus letting the young ones get shine after the match.
    -FWIW, Natalya and Shayna are passable if not solid workers; Tamina and Nia are not.

Negatives:

-Nikki deserves better.
    -Rhea forgetting about the clock after arrogantly pointing to her watch multiple times. Who is booking this shit?
    -How does Charlotte get the title shot against Rhea at HIAC after splitting matches with Asuka?
    -Styles should never be doing the job to JaKKKson RyKKKer. Ever. Fuck this shit.
    -Who is booking the women’s division? For real.
    -I realize Tamina is a Snuka, but please stop making Tamina-to-the-top-rope a thing.
    -Shayna v Reginald next week? For fuck’s sakes.
    -LOL at Nia just standing there like an idiot watching as Shayna confronts Reginald.
    -Unless Eva suddenly became a competent in-ring worker during her hiatus, Eva-lution is going to fall flat on its face.

Not terrible but not great, call it 5/10.