User Tag List

Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Monday Night RAW Thread

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's too soon for Orton to lose right now. He has a lot of steam. I say keep it going to lead to a big match with McIntyre.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, you have to go McIntyre vs. Orton for Summerslam. I'd have Owens stand up to him (Canadian connection and generational hero) and get beat at the next PPV before rolling into the title match. Have Drew defend the title every week and play on the fatigue, leading to the clean Orton win. Then you get the belt back on Drew when there's a crowd.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asuka is scheduled to put the belt up against Charlotte on Monday. Got a bad feeling we're about to have another short Asuka run

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard two conflicting rumors:

1. Charlotte is going to be pushed as the top women across all brands to make up for Becky's absence.
    2. Vince is high on Asuka and thinks she will do a good job as women's champ with Becky gone.

No idea which one to believe.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Asuka is scheduled to put the belt up against Charlotte on Monday. Got a bad feeling we're about to have another short Asuka run
    I can easily see that but I'm inclined to think they're just hyping a random Raw to try to pop a rating. While I can see Charlotte winning, I see it to be much, much more likely there's a screwy finish. I imagine they want to slow-play that to Summerslam.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Charlotte/Asuka is going to be interrupted by Nia Jax.

Asuka hasn't beaten Nia clean yet. First it was that dumb double count out and then another screwy finish. They need a blow off where Asuka definitively beats Nia at Extreme Rules.

I think we get Charlotte/Asuka on RAW, Nia interferes and drops them both, Charlotte/Nia wrestle and the winner wrestles Asuka at Extreme Rules, Asuka interferes in that and shoots green mist in Charlotte's eyes and Nia plants her to win. And then Asuka/Nia goes on at Extreme Rules in a Falls Count Anywhere match, that Asuka wins in some kind of cool, wild way.

Then you can build Charlotte/Asuka up for Summer Slam.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asuka beat Charlotte just like that, lol. What's the point of PPVs if they just give this away on TV?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two Woman Power Trip, let's go Give them all the gold!!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Asuka beat Charlotte just like that, lol. What's the point of PPVs if they just give this away on TV?
    That's disappointing to read. Was looking forward to that big moment at a major event.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm glad. Charlotte is hella lame. I hope she signs with AEW or Impact when her contract is up.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    But it wasn't just like that, was it? Nia Jax had injured Charlotte's arm earlier in the program, so that gave Charlotte an out. They will clash again, once Asuka is done with Sasha and Charlotte is done with Nia.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seemed like a weird move to not overly hype the women's title match, and honestly make it a hot-shot moment for both competitors to move on to different things. I assume they want to go back to Asuka and Charlotte but it didn't feel like it was a big deal that Asuka was finally able to beat Charlotte. I guess Charlotte being on the shelf for a bit changes things a bit but it just felt like a weird series of events. If the intention was to attract viewers, I guess we'll find out if they did a good job but it doesn't seem like it was a centered idea.

Edge's promo was outright fantastic. It was on the fringe of being too long and self-indulgent but it was really, really good.

Just based on what we saw, seems like Lashley has taken a sharp left turn in terms of direction. It was a distraction finish at Backlash and he took the L, but it seems weird that he's just floating in the US title picture now...especially due to the fact Ziggler is getting his annual "it should be me" title feud.

Rollins' group now seems outnumbered. Could be a big launching point for Dijakovic if he were to join them. Don't really like Black kind of floating out of the badass, kickass loaner approach but I'm glad he's just not off the radar completely.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; June 23rd, 2020 at 1:46 PM.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I agree that Asuka finally beating Charlotte should have been on a major ppv like Summerslam (or already have happened by now), you have to understand they're not making a lot of money off PPV. The tv ratings are the shits, they're looking for MUST SEE moments. Now those who didn't tune in will hopefully go "I better make sure I watch"

Seems pretty simple in the approach, it's honestly the same approach they've taken since the inception of Raw. Nitro took it a step further with having marquee matches on free tv because you can make more money on tv than you can ppv. That's why Dana White said if he signed Fedor he was going to put Fedor v. Lesnar on Spike for free because he'd probably average 10 million viewers as opposed to maybe 1 million ppv.

With real ppv being almost non-existent, I agree 120% they need to up the quality to make those shows feel bigger than what is on tv. But again, when your tv ratings fuckin suck, people aren't going to tune in to the "ppv". I mean, who needed AJ Styles v. Daniel Bryan for the IC title more? Fox or the Network? Backlash was not a good ppv, the worst show by a mile the WWE have put on all year. But what is more important? I'm going to guess Fox. Same with Asuka beating Charlotte.

But this is also the same company who put the 1st ever meeting between Vince and Austin on free tv and it was HUGE. More eyes, more money.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing much to say but Asuka has already beaten Charlotte clean last year. Everyone including the announcers seem to have forgotten.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When was that? Seems like I have, too...

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikcelbe View Post
    Nothing much to say but Asuka has already beaten Charlotte clean last year. Everyone including the announcers seem to have forgotten.
    She didn't beat her clean. Poison mist=not clean.

Shit even last night was protected. Oh my arm....lol. Fuck off Charlotte.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    When was that? Seems like I have, too...
    I had to look it up because I thought it was a tag-team match he was thinking of but nope, poison mist on 11-25-2019=clean pin on Charlotte apparently.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    That's disappointing to read. Was looking forward to that big moment at a major event.
    To be fair the win was tainted still. Asuka has yet to have a decisive win over Charlotte.

Spudz has forgotten Asuka has beaten Nia clean in NXT

Only clean win she has had was in mixed match challenge but neither Asuka or Flair were involved in the fall.

Speaking of Charlotte, I see she and Andrade were kept thier six feet apart during the interview.
    Last edited by Bluegunn; June 24th, 2020 at 1:15 AM.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ziggler is a jobber what he is saying who would take this seriously

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Dolph Ziggler is Ghost Rider

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Gimme some more brainbusters mmm

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ruby Riott deserves so much better than teaming with Lana "Holy Shit, Look At That Dress!" Lashley to wrestle The Ambiguously Gay IIconic DDuo.

And of course, she's the one who does the job.

Lana, Lashley, and MVP could be a Hell of a trio. Remember what they were trying to do with Sunny and Farooq Asad back in 1996? Even though its 2020, the world is still a little racist -- And the big black guy with the cute, blonde white chick is always going to get some kind of heat. Add in MVP as the mouthpiece and the business manager and you'd really have a solid, midcard act.

Lana should never step foot in a ring to wrestle. Just let her talk and be a pretty face. She's good at both of those things.
    Last edited by Spudz Mackenzie; June 29th, 2020 at 9:53 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    What the hell happened to Lashley's ear?

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Fuck yo Asuka has some nice tiddies.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ricochet/Lashley was such a brilliant example of how WWE can drop their ball with long-term booking and still stumble into a good situation. The match was pretty much what the Super Showdown match with Lesnar needed to be for Ricochet, yet Ricochet was booked poorly and disposed of when it came to money time. Ricochet appeared tonight, out of nowhere after being off Raw for just under two months. Lashley has been built pretty strong for a longer period of time than Ricochet's absence and is just barely two weeks removed from a protected loss over the dominant WWE champion. Then we get an impromptu match between the two of them and it was highly competitive, which doesn't necessarily make sense but it worked in this scenario. It's also cool that we got a good match out of it when they're lower on the depth chart for what appears the be the main story of the US title picture. Sometimes you just have to say, go figure.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada

6/29 Quick Hits

Am I the only one who sees the irony in a boring and bland wrestler (Lashley) having a boring and bland submission move (Full Nelson)? The dude is a legitimate athletic specimen, built like a brick shit house but simply cannot get over because he’s got the charisma of a paper bag. He’s on the verge of blowing through his third heel manager and garnering X-Pac level heat, if it weren’t for Vince’s big man fetish Lashley wouldn’t even be on TV.

Any guesses as to the ultimate payoff in this Rollins/Mysterio angle? Is it merely to keep Seth away from Drew until crowds return?

Would love to see Drew drop the cheap pop face act and get a chance to be the badass face: dude looks legit, has some technical wrestling ability, very athletic, under-rated on the stick. I think Drew/Dolph will be a very good match, both men can go and Dolph will bump his ass off to make Drew look like a million bucks before doing the job. Fact: Dolph is way under-rated.

I think Asuka/Sasha will be the match of the night, those two ladies can go. I’m betting this is the start of the Bayley/Sasha split, as Bayley inadvertently costs Banks the strap.

Is this how they write Andrade off TV so he can hang at home for a bit with Charlotte? Vega is money as a heel manager, would like to see her dabble as an active wrestler more.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They actually put Ricochet in a competitive match on TV this year?

Colour me shocked.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I loved Ricochet vs. Lesnar, just a blast, but really Ricochet vs. Lashley is what they should have done with Riochet vs. Lesnar. No one thought Ricochet was going to win, but a small comeback would have been better.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I used to despise Sasha banks and Bayley, but together they are my sixth favorite act in wwe

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am still sour on Sasha, mostly because of her ring work, but Bayley has proven to be so much better than expected. I will gladly watch anything she does, even if it includes Sasha riding her coat tails. Bayley and Asuka are at the top of their game. Sasha is a significant step below. I think the difference is that Sasha can have good matches only with really good opponents, and Sasha is just too small to come out looking like a legit threat. She can be entertaining, but compared to other women her size - well she's no AJ Lee. CM Punk is a lucky lucky man.

If Bayley is at commentary for someone else's match, I won't be fast forwarding through any of it as I don't want to miss anything Bayley says. She's been that good.

I hope Auska brings out the best in Sasha, and that however they choose to play out the story, we will get more from these three.

Is Kairi out for a while? I recall hearing that she got hurt but I wasn't sure how bad or how long she'd be out.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Ruby Riott deserves so much better than teaming with Lana "Holy Shit, Look At That Dress!" Lashley to wrestle The Ambiguously Gay IIconic DDuo.

And of course, she's the one who does the job.

Lana, Lashley, and MVP could be a Hell of a trio. Remember what they were trying to do with Sunny and Farooq Asad back in 1996? Even though its 2020, the world is still a little racist -- And the big black guy with the cute, blonde white chick is always going to get some kind of heat. Add in MVP as the mouthpiece and the business manager and you'd really have a solid, midcard act.

Lana should never step foot in a ring to wrestle. Just let her talk and be a pretty face. She's good at both of those things.
    Lashley wasn't comfortable working with Lana because his kids always watch whatever show he's on and he didn't like explaining the situation to them. It has to be weird when your kids see you making out with some strange woman. Working with MVP is a huge step up. Lashley is starting to feel like a big deal. Lana doesn't add anything to the equation, especially if rumors are to be believed that MVP will recruit Shelton Benjamin and Apollo Crews.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Am I the only one who sees the irony in a boring and bland wrestler (Lashley) having a boring and bland submission move (Full Nelson)? The dude is a legitimate athletic specimen, built like a brick shit house but simply cannot get over because he’s got the charisma of a paper bag. He’s on the verge of blowing through his third heel manager and garnering X-Pac level heat, if it weren’t for Vince’s big man fetish Lashley wouldn’t even be on TV.

Any guesses as to the ultimate payoff in this Rollins/Mysterio angle? Is it merely to keep Seth away from Drew until crowds return?

Would love to see Drew drop the cheap pop face act and get a chance to be the badass face: dude looks legit, has some technical wrestling ability, very athletic, under-rated on the stick. I think Drew/Dolph will be a very good match, both men can go and Dolph will bump his ass off to make Drew look like a million bucks before doing the job. Fact: Dolph is way under-rated.

I think Asuka/Sasha will be the match of the night, those two ladies can go. I’m betting this is the start of the Bayley/Sasha split, as Bayley inadvertently costs Banks the strap.

Is this how they write Andrade off TV so he can hang at home for a bit with Charlotte? Vega is money as a heel manager, would like to see her dabble as an active wrestler more.
    The most WWE ending would be for Anthony to turn on his daddy and join Seth.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Did they explain Austin Theory's absence on RAW? He was in the video packages, but only Murphy was by Rollins side.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Looks like Andrade may be going rogue soon.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wonder if in 2005 anyone thought the Big Show and MVP would still be wrestling on RAW.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    No way.

I think it's really cool, though

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Randy Orton has the worst haircut in WWE. He should get an Alex Wright haircut.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tozawa does clean up nice tho
    Last edited by Sepiroth; July 6th, 2020 at 10:29 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeesh, Ruby losing her hair and then that sloppy finish.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Ruby and Liv getting over their drama and being faces could really help the tag division.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were a lot of positives from Raw.

- Slater's passionate critique of McIntyre was solid.
    - Seeing Kairi back, including a pretty slick slide that led to a fun counter into a submission hold. The recorder was back and she crushed the Kabuki Warriors theme.
    - Seeing Mysterio actually wrestle was fun. I don't get the stipulation for the match with Rollins but that's nothing new when it comes to stipulations in WWE.
    - MVP is really killing it on the stick. The line about the Hurt Business being a thing while Alexander will be in the catering business was a solid burn.
    - Orton with Andrade and Garza gave a poor man's Legacy 2.0 vibe to it. I do like the fact that Orton is pretty much an imposing threat, terrifying various people on the roster.
    - Bayley and Sasha are carrying so much weight for the three brands right now and delivering in a big way. They're overexposed, like Charlotte was. The big difference, however, is that they're able to be captivating or entertaining in a variety of ways. I believe Charlotte is capable of that, but they certainly rest of their laurels when it comes to creating material for her.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new US Title looks so... plain. WWE has over time taken all their belts and made them all so uninspiring and meh.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    From what I saw, this was a very enjoyable episode of RAW.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    The new US Title looks so... plain. WWE has over time taken all their belts and made them all so uninspiring and meh.
    It looks better than the World titles, nice eagle design.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The new US belt is beautiful.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    i like it

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s better than the new IC title, Women’s tag titles and 24/7 title but the original WCW version is still my favorite.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s there lol. I don’t have a major opinion on it, negative or positive. Don’t see the harm in changing it up. At least the change can conveniently have a storyline reason behind it as MVP has been fantastic in his role and has always commented on his connection with that title.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't care for it. Would prefer silver over gold and think it needs more blue. Women's Tag Titles are the best looking belts in the company.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd much rather see Bobby Lashley vs. Apollo Crews than MVP vs. Apollo Crews.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only real criticism of the belt I have is the "United States" lettering could be bigger and "Champion" could be smaller. The colour scheme and eagle are pretty sweet otherwise.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Don't care for it. Would prefer silver over gold and think it needs more blue. Women's Tag Titles are the best looking belts in the company.
    I prefer the NXT UK Championship, but agree the Women's Tag Titles are a close second.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    It’s better than the new IC title, Women’s tag titles and 24/7 title but the original WCW version is still my favorite.
    Yeah I don't know why they retired the white IC belt again, that was perfect as it was. The one they have now looks like something Lucha Underground would have had.

Quote Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
    The new US belt is beautiful.
    I like the eagle part, but it looks like one of those generic UFC titles they have now. Eh... might grow on my over time, but first impressions on it for me were lackluster.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, uuuhhhh....WWE have clarified the "Eye for an Eye" stipulation as follows:
    The Horror Show at Extreme Rules added a new level of terror as Rey Mysterio and Seth Rollins will meet in an Eye for an Eye Match. Mysterio teamed with Kevin Owens to defeat Rollins & Murphy for the right to choose the gory stipulation where a winner can only determined by extracting the opponent’s eye.
    The fuck...

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Can't wait.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s something to be said for the fact a random guy came in and made me more invested in a match with McInyre than the actual title match they have booked at the PPV.

So, uuuhhhh....WWE have clarified the "Eye for an Eye" stipulation as follows:

The fuck...
    That’s going to be something.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if we'll get bonus points in PPV predictions for guessing the left or right eye as well as the winner.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also I suspect this may have just been a one-time deal but would love it his appearance means Heath is coming back.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    There were a lot of positives from Raw.

- Slater's passionate critique of McIntyre was solid.
    - Seeing Kairi back, including a pretty slick slide that led to a fun counter into a submission hold. The recorder was back and she crushed the Kabuki Warriors theme.
    - Seeing Mysterio actually wrestle was fun. I don't get the stipulation for the match with Rollins but that's nothing new when it comes to stipulations in WWE.
    - MVP is really killing it on the stick. The line about the Hurt Business being a thing while Alexander will be in the catering business was a solid burn.
    - Orton with Andrade and Garza gave a poor man's Legacy 2.0 vibe to it. I do like the fact that Orton is pretty much an imposing threat, terrifying various people on the roster.
    - Bayley and Sasha are carrying so much weight for the three brands right now and delivering in a big way. They're overexposed, like Charlotte was. The big difference, however, is that they're able to be captivating or entertaining in a variety of ways. I believe Charlotte is capable of that, but they certainly rest of their laurels when it comes to creating material for her.
    The Hurt Business should be the name of MVP's stable.

The difference is that you never know what Bayley is going to come up with from week to week. It feels like she has the freedom to improvise and go off script which makes her sound more natural. Charlotte just robotically hits the same talking points every time. "I'm the Queen. I'm genetically superior. Yada, yada, yada..."

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s something to be said for the fact a random guy came in and made me more invested in a match with McInyre than the actual title match they have booked at the PPV.

That’s going to be something.
    That's because Heath is the man

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Also I suspect this may have just been a one-time deal but would love it his appearance means Heath is coming back.
    Heath gave them a reason to reconsider keeping him around. I thought he did everything right. Since we last saw him, he was a face, but he came in with a heel in Ziggler. His promo was excellent - maybe the best in his career. He took his backstory/history with Drew and showed us the reason he wanted a match with Drew. I was there for you, where were you for me? Drew looked like a jerk if that's how he treats his long time friends. But quickly, Heath shoves Drew because he deserved it, and the emotion changes to Drew's anger at being shoved when he didn't want to Claymore his friend. The anger turns into a quick match, both in jeans, and Heath gets a few punches in, goes to take his own "Free Agent" shirt off, and gets Claymore'd for the quick pin. Drew comes away looking more and more unstoppable, and as Dolph comes in to then slap Heath, Drew comes back in for the save and the feel good moment hugging his friend and raising the 3MB sign. And Heath looks to be in great shape, even standing next to Drew. This was just terrific storytelling, especially considering how much emotion they got across in a short segment.

I like that Dolph refused to tell Drew the stipulation. If Dolph really is smart, he will make the stip that the first guy to exit the ring wins the title, or that the title will change if there is outside interference - then Dolph gets someone to attack him, or the stip could be no kicks allowed, and the title can change on a DQ. But we all know that Dolph doesn't seem to have the creativity to come up with something that would actually get him a title win. He's more likely to make the stip a bra and panties match. But it's fun to think of the stip being someone else Drew has forgotten about along the way, that Dolph thinks will tip the scales against Drew. The special guest referee will be …. Hornswoggle.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dolph's stipulation: Special guest referee - Jinder Mahal.

Jinder is another one of Drew Mac's ex-friends, from 3 Man Band, after all. He's got a reason to be bitter.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it. The eagle gives me old school vibes. The only thing I'd add is blue around the stars. The white stars get lost with the gold surroundings.

If they had the eagle in the middle and "Champion" below, it would look better.
    Last edited by Brock Kasady; July 7th, 2020 at 4:57 PM.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jinder is out with a knee injury right?

Hornswoggle is someone who has history and I forgot all about it. Good mention there.

I've been saying Heath had the goods since he made Bret Hart look like his old Hitman self at SummerSlam way back when. Good to see Heath could deliver on some of that potential and hopefully last night leads to any company signing him up.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Dolph smart enough to come up with a stip like a "Tag the Leprechaun" match? Vince would love seeing Hornswoggle pop up all over the Performance Center, under the ring, etc.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Will the Eye for an Eye match be theatrical? I guess it'll have to be. Someone's comin' out of this with an eyepatch. It would definitely give Rollins some "personality"...

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Surely Dolph Ziggler is smart enough to come up with the first ever "If Your Name Is Dolph Ziggler, You Automatically Win The Match" match. That's why he's waiting for the night of the match to announce it, otherwise Drew McIntyre would be applying for legal name changes.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the very least, Dolph should say that Drew can't use the Claymore.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Mike Tyson? You're welcome... #WWERAW 1/19/98 @WWE

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Tweet it back to him.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Tweet it back to him.
    I have a Twitter, used it a few times maybe a decade ago, don't remember the log in, name, password, etc. No desire to ever use that toxic cesspool ever again..

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Twitter, used it a few times maybe a decade ago, don't remember the log in, name, password, etc. No desire to ever use that toxic cesspool ever again..
    Create a new account and do it just this once.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jericho has history with Tyson, so it's not like the angle came out of nowhere.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jericho has history with Tyson, so it's not like the angle came out of nowhere.
    I also think there's not a lot of originality in wrestling anyway. Most everything is a rehash of something prior.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also think there's not a lot of originality in wrestling anyway. Most everything is a rehash of something prior.
    Actually I think these days they’re going out of their way to do things for the first time. Not always for the better mind you but they are trying new stuff.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best way to use Twitter is to follow a few people you find interesting -- whether they're celebrities, athletes, wrestlers, porno stars, Youtubers, Twitch streamers -- or just regular schmucks, and just Tweet about what you enjoy. You don't need to get wrapped up in the "discourse" of the day and have to talk politics or current events. And eventually, the Twitter algorithm will start recommending you similarly-minded people to follow and you can grow your list of follows and maybe get followed yourself. Just do you. Twitter isn't a "cesspit", unless you let it be one.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck Chris Jericho and the Eye-For-An-Eye match.

How dare you all forget about the original, and best, one-eyed wrestler?

And yes... I know that chair spot wasn't what took out Riggs' eye. I just thought it looked cool.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can Heath Slater be a main event player?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The prayer circle for Bianca and Shayna finally had its moment in the sun. Good of them to finally see that it was worth it to give those two some time and actually capitalize on it. Good, emphatic showing for each of them and it's nice to see they made their moments count in different ways.

Rollins can be hit or miss with his promos but I'm pretty sure he's close to batting 1.000 when it comes to interactions with Owens. Those two are really good together. Black and Murphy might be the better version of Ziggler and Corbin from a couple years ago. These two continue to fight each other but it really doesn't amount to anything. At least the matches are good. The match between Owens and Rollins was good, too. Weird that the faces were acting on the numbers game advantage at the expense of the heel but that kind of feels like a story they've been comfortable telling in this story. Should be interesting to see how they play it out on Sunday.

The Orton promo package was a work of art. I like how he's been on fire for the last several months. I also really like the fact that Flair is showing remorse and Orton is teasing that he's going to punt-kick Flair. Good stuff.

Main event was fun. Kairi's hot tag sequence was utterly fantastic. She's good in both roles but it seems quite clear that her personality, moveset, and etc. just fits better as a face. Sasha and Bayley are really just on an incredible role right now. I thought they framed the match really well, allowing Bayley and Asuka to cook when they were in there together, Sasha to find a way to look credible against Asuka, and Kairi to be a valiant sacrificial lamb. I doubt we see either of the women's titles change on Sunday but the matches should be good.

BEST IN THE WORLD
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best thing about Raw was Sasha’s headband.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very happy to see Shayna and Bianca return to RAW and that Kairi's seemingly sticking around, too.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Aleister and the Viking Raiders still haven't found eachother yet?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Shelton looked nice and fresh in a multi-man. It's been too long since he's been out of a tag.

Ali looks to have put on some mass. Looks a lot more credible doing the same stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Orton talks too much.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Am I the only one disappointed in Creative that Rollins and Murphy beat down Black right in front of Samoa Joe, who didn’t do/say anything? Is Joe still that seriously hurt?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Joe's done in the ring. He gets hurt way too often.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope they have something cooking for Black. Good enough match with Rollins and playing an injury angle seems to suggest there's more to come, but he's fallen quite a bit after looking dominant and rolling with a winning streak long ago.

Mixed emotions with Ali re-debuting. Has there been an angle in recent history like the Hacker that was showing as much development as we saw or an investment of time that suddenly fell by the waste side? It's crazy to think we haven't seen Ali in a TV match since DECEMBER. It appears like he bulked up just a bit, which isn't a bad look for him. That fact that he was posed as a big reveal and got the hot finish hopefully suggests they have something of value in mind for him. It might not be promising when it comes to Crews, though.

Pretty odd to see Peyton without Billie. Hopefully everything is alright with her. Pretty shocking to see Ruby get a singles win. It should be a shock since she hasn't won a singles match since February of 2019 (!!).

If Ford got on Ali's program for adding mass, we might have a legit top-flight star on our hands. I continue to think that might be the only thing that's holding him back as he continues to get seasoning. The guy is can't-miss when he's in the ring. That mid-air modification on the frog splash was insane. He absolutely had no reason to do it either, haha. Gotta give props because it felt safe to assume they booked that match to have Andrade/Garza win a non-title match to setup a title match.

Stephanie coming around to set things straight for what's what with the Raw women's title was a bit of a surprise but someone needed to do it. It's still confusing, though, because she made it seem like the title is vacant. Asuka shouldn't have the title stripped based on what happened Sunday. Really entertaining match between Kairi and Bayley. The spinning back fist by Kairi looked rough. The fact Bayley took a clean loss was pretty shocking. Shayna lurking clearly doesn't bode well for Asuka.

Major LOL at someone in the crowd screaming "Eye for an Eye" when McIntyre was about to reply about the stipulation for another match with Ziggler. But of course WWE, you make something out of nothing so you just can't leave well enough alone.

The main even was fine enough. It wasn't bad, wasn't extraordinary. Just served its purpose and moved things forward. It feels like Flair is the next in line but that could prove to be an issue in light of his wife. We'll see, though.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; July 20th, 2020 at 11:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this was indeed Kairi's last night, that was weird booking to have her beat Bayley clean like that. What happened to going out on your back?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    They filmed 2 episodes of raw tonight. I imagine shayna takes her out next week

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Low key, Kairi beating Bayley probably doesn't help Nikki's morale in a kayfabe sense.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope they have something cooking for Black. Good enough match with Rollins and playing an injury angle seems to suggest there's more to come, but he's fallen quite a bit after looking dominant and rolling with a winning streak long ago.

Mixed emotions with Ali re-debuting. Has there been an angle in recent history like the Hacker that was showing as much development as we saw or an investment of time that suddenly fell by the waste side? It's crazy to think we haven't seen Ali in a TV match since DECEMBER. It appears like he bulked up just a bit, which isn't a bad look for him. That fact that he was posed as a big reveal and got the hot finish hopefully suggests they have something of value in mind for him. It might not be promising when it comes to Crews, though.

Pretty odd to see Peyton without Billie. Hopefully everything is alright with her. Pretty shocking to see Ruby get a singles win. It should be a shock since she hasn't won a singles match since February of 2019 (!!).

If Ford got on Ali's program for adding mass, we might have a legit top-flight star on our hands. I continue to think that might be the only thing that's holding him back as he continues to get seasoning. The guy is can't-miss when he's in the ring. That mid-air modification on the frog splash was insane. He absolutely had no reason to do it either, haha. Gotta give props because it felt safe to assume they booked that match to have Andrade/Garza win a non-title match to setup a title match.

Stephanie coming around to set things straight for what's what with the Raw women's title was a bit of a surprise but someone needed to do it. It's still confusing, though, because she made it seem like the title is vacant. Asuka shouldn't have the title stripped based on what happened Sunday. Really entertaining match between Kairi and Bayley. The spinning back fist by Kairi looked rough. The fact Bayley took a clean loss was pretty shocking. Shayna lurking clearly doesn't bode well for Asuka.

Major LOL at someone in the crowd screaming "Eye for an Eye" when McIntyre was about to reply about the stipulation for another match with Ziggler. But of course WWE, you make something out of nothing so you just can't leave well enough alone.

The main even was fine enough. It wasn't bad, wasn't extraordinary. Just served its purpose and moved things forward. It feels like Flair is the next in line but that could prove to be an issue in light of his wife. We'll see, though.
    I prefer any of the 3 faces (Ali, Ricochet, Cedric) to Apollo, especially Ali. Big fan of his.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    They filmed 2 episodes of raw tonight. I imagine shayna takes her out next week

Low key, Kairi beating Bayley probably doesn't help Nikki's morale in a kayfabe sense.
    I was thinking about that too. I hope it gets addressed on Smackdown.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    I prefer any of the 3 faces (Ali, Ricochet, Cedric) to Apollo, especially Ali. Big fan of his.
    I do think the gap is shortening between Crews, Ricochet, and Alexander as the last two have had more time to have talking segments. Alexander comes off as more well-rounded to me when looking at things compared to Ricochet. Ali laps all of them, though. If the hacker thing is gone, please don't abandon his gritty promos.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *pity post*

Where’s rom when you need him lol?

They’ve set Orton/Drew up at least as well as Garza/Andrade being #1 contenders.

Jax/Bazler please no! Thought they was meant to be both heels?

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sasha Two Belts!

Cheap as chips but fuck I’ll take it!

Its in Revelations people Jenova's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    So they pull a bullshit ending at Extreme Rules to pull another bullshit ending on RAW.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenova View Post
    So they pull a bullshit ending at Extreme Rules to pull another bullshit ending on RAW.
    Yes for TV ratings!

Asuka’s prob winning it back clean at Summerslam but at least we officially get the Two Woman Power Trip briefly. Just gonna enjoy it for what it is. They’ll rub it in for a while and it’ll be amusing. At least Asuka’s still strong.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orton's overall promo was really good. Not bad taking shots at Austin and Rock and citing his longevity. That's certainly a component of the argument that speaks favorably for him. Orton and McIntyre are being built well despite dealing with less than ideal dance partners. Certainly feels like we're at a point where Orton needs to get the win and the title.

Some serious morning-of vibes from the people writing the promos. Three straight promos and all of them talked about waking up in the morning and feeling something. Another example of weird writing: I love how Philips said Ricochet and Alexander were a team that were rising in the rankings and then immediately said they've had growing pains and had a win-loss record that they don't like. Odd booking in consecutive weeks with Andrade/Garza in relation to the titles. I almost would have rather have a fatal four way tag match at Summerslam.

WWE's history with the type of booking we saw between Nia and Shayna suggests they're about to become a tag team. That might not be the worst idea for the two of them. It's probably more interesting than tweener Shayna, but I'll be curious to see how they get out of that when it's time to sever ties if the tag route is the way they go.

Rollins has pretty much had the same promo and segments for what seems like the last two months but they seem to add little wrinkles. The wrinkle this week was Murphy's hesitancy and doubt. He looked borderline scared of Rollins in the promo prior to the break. Mysterio took a good beating and came back strong later. He was swinging the shit out of that kendo stick lol. I guess Rollins is the steady hand of the bit but there's certainly intrigue with Murphy and Mysterio and how they'll ultimately respond as things move along. Black has a chance to shine but he's sliding more into the whipping boy category.

Ali was bumping like a champ for Lashley, sheesh. That match probably went the right length of time for the actual story they were telling. Ali was able to show he could take a beating, wouldn't crack, and was ready to dish out the damage when it was his time but didn't have enough left in the tank when he got caught.

The match with Sasha and Asuka was fantastic but it still had a silly finish. Sasha has been in there with some tremendous talent over the last few weeks and she's been able to shine because of it. The finish led to fundamentally sound storytelling but the match didn't need nuance to the finish. It makes Asuka look like a super loyal friend but Banks didn't look that good as the winner, considering she was essentially knocked out. There's heat, yes, but it felt like trying to get too cute. At least Asuka is out for blood now. She didn't have a ton of momentum behind her as champ so hopefully this reignites her.

Good on Carrillo to be on time for his match but not do a damn thing for Black and Mysterio earlier in the night. That's weird. Dude deserved to lose for that alone.

The stipulation for McIntyre didn't make a lot of sense for the match but at least the match wasn't dreadful. Should be fun to see how they book the promos for Orton and McIntyre over the next couple of weeks. Good start for the two of them.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The silly finish accomplished its job, no problem with it on my end. Heels played heels and found a heelish way to win, Asuka will no doubt get it back clean in the end.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they brought back Heath one more time just for Orton to punt him for heat, that would be great build.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Main page comments: “It’s only a story when Asuka chases the title.”
    Me: “Well no shit!”