User Tag List

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Monday Night RAW Thread

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Am I imagining things or did AJ show up on RAW and no sell being buried alive?
    What's he supposed to do? Pretend he's dead?

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I didn't love the whole "there were no rules" thing as a way to address it. But that's always the difficulty with buried alive, Paul Bearer getting covered in cement, etc. Its hard to acknowledge it later, in any meaningful context.

I kinda like Pureplayer's approach, understanding you can't sell the details too much.

Could you imagine Cena trying to come back a week after the Firefly funhouse?

"This time Fiend I'm ready! Your time travel mind control won't work a second time. I've prepared for your dark magics!"

And there's a video package of him training with Dr. Strange, Professor X, and Doc Emmett Brown.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    I don't know, maybe acknowledge the gravity of the situation and gain a new outlook on life. This was the perfect opportunity for AJ to change up his personality instead of just going ahead like nothing happened. He was brought back sooner than planned, so maybe they would have put more thought into it if they had more time.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    He essentially said it didn't matter that he got buried because it wasn't an instance of wins and losses. It all boiled down to what he literally said: "so what?"

No, and I as mentioned earlier, that's Roman Reigns.
    They highlighted the best moments of MITB and essentially scrubbed Reigns out of Rollins' cash-in at Mania.
    AJ: "Hey ya'll, I saw my life flash before my eyes, but it's no biggie."

It's crazy that Roman is getting this kind of treatment. He was the apple of Vince's eye, and now he doesn't even exist.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This empty arena era is doing irreparable harm to the company, I feel. The shows are that dull and inconsequential that even the absolute die hard fans are switching off, and they won't be coming back. Lowest ratings in history, despite zero live competition. The pops determine the star. If none of these people are getting pops for another 6 months, none of them will remotely feel like stars at all. Can you imagine how bad the ratings will be come October when football and basketball are back on the box, if the no fans policy has to continue? Yes, they're fulfilling a contract, but there simply won't be another one after this. All these TV companies have done their absolute conkers. There won't be billions to spend on a product that less and less people watch a week. More importantly, beyond the financial aspect of it, the product won't be appealing enough by the end of this to appease even the most dedicated of fans. They should be commended for pulling a rabbit out of the hat with 'Mania and tying up the loose ends, but that should have been that. It's silly now.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AJ: "Hey ya'll, I saw my life flash before my eyes, but it's no biggie."

It's crazy that Roman is getting this kind of treatment. He was the apple of Vince's eye, and now he doesn't even exist.
    I don't think it's crazy. He's not there and they're trying not to draw attention to that fact. There's a Roman shaped hole in their programming and they don't want to highlight that by mentioning/showing him. Simple as. Of course, the "news" sites want to stir shit up and create a story that there's some bad relationship going on but I don't buy it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I don't think it's crazy. He's not there and they're trying not to draw attention to that fact. There's a Roman shaped hole in their programming and they don't want to highlight that by mentioning/showing him. Simple as. Of course, the "news" sites want to stir shit up and create a story that there's some bad relationship going on but I don't buy it.
    but to cut him out of highlights seems absurd to me. i get not mentioning him but they basically are giving him the Benoit treatment.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll admit, it might be a bit much but Vince it's known for being a "bit much" kind of dude...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    but to cut him out of highlights seems absurd to me. i get not mentioning him but they basically are giving him the Benoit treatment.
    Exactly this. I mean, to go to this effort. Mad.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE is on record that no one is being forced to work during the pandemic. When Roman takes that option and is then erased from history, it makes their stance seem less than genuine. Sami Zayn also decided not to perform. I've missed the last couple of Smackdowns so I don't know if they're still acknowledging him as IC champ.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE is on record that no one is being forced to work during the pandemic. When Roman takes that option and is then erased from history, it makes their stance seem less than genuine. Sami Zayn also decided not to perform. I've missed the last couple of Smackdowns so I don't know if they're still acknowledging him as IC champ.
    He reportedly had dental surgery so he's been out of action for that. That said, I don't believe he's been mentioned in regular fashion.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it's not just you saying this but I think it needs to be pointed out that I think on Tuesday or Wednesday they literally posted the MITB match Roman was in, tagged him first and everything....I think this is something out of nothing.

IMO, I think they cut Roman out of Seth cashing in on him and Lesnar as a way to protect Roman. They don't want to show Roman take an L.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I know it's not just you saying this but I think it needs to be pointed out that I think on Tuesday or Wednesday they literally posted the MITB match Roman was in, tagged him first and everything....I think this is something out of nothing.

IMO, I think they cut Roman out of Seth cashing in on him and Lesnar as a way to protect Roman. They don't want to show Roman take an L.
    I could see them wanting to protect Roman by editing out the pin, but the other thing people have brought up is that he's also been taken out of the Make A Wish video package. Roman's done allot of work for the organization, so what reason could they have for excluding him? It's not like anyone can fulfill requests at the moment, so you can't say they left him out because he's unavailable. I can't comment on the MITB match with Roman because I haven't seen it.

The consensus seems to be that, by sitting it out, Roman makes WWE look bad for going ahead with their shows. They don't want to draw attention to the fact that their top guy chose to stay home instead of working so any and all things Roman are banned.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could see them wanting to protect Roman by editing out the pin, but the other thing people have brought up is that he's also been taken out of the Make A Wish video package. Roman's done allot of work for the organization, so what reason could they have for excluding him? It's not like anyone can fulfill requests at the moment, so you can't say they left him out because he's unavailable. I can't comment on the MITB match with Roman because I haven't seen it.

The consensus seems to be that, by sitting it out, Roman makes WWE look bad for going ahead with their shows. They don't want to draw attention to the fact that their top guy chose to stay home instead of working so any and all things Roman are banned.
    On WWE's Facebook they've been posting a bunch of different matches and just a couple days ago they posted the MITB match he was in.

I'd ask myself this....Is Roman Reigns in every single Make-A-Wish ad they do? Is he in every video package taking the L when they show Rollins cashing in at Mania 31? Or is this just someone catching something 1 time and overthinking it?

Because again....You don't see anyone reporting about WWE posting that MITB match, tagging Roman in it first, naw....You just hear about how he wasn't shown taking a loss against Rollins and some new Make A Wish ad that didn't have him in it.

Just screams like people literally want to go "Fuck Vince" and that there's some negativity toward Roman from Vince because Roman can't be on tv....Just like the people who think Macho Man fucked Stephanie and that's why Vince never brought him back or had him do anything...all while forgetting they had an article promoting his Spider-Man appearance, even an interview with the guy.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roman seems concerned about his wife and kids and his overall health. Fair e-fucking-nuff and good on him.

If he's thinking about not being involved for an extended period, and not being available for things like Summerslam-it might just make sense to promote other guys instead. If you had a guy who was going to be out for a few months, and seems to be getting some pub for movie possibilities-would you at least consider using your platform to push others instead? If he comes back in 30 days, its not like people are going to forget who he was because he was in less make a wish promos.

I mean, I'll grant Vince being pissed wouldn't be the single most shocking thing that ever happened. Just seems like people are pushing this narrative aggressively.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Omg asuka is funny as hell

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Even a wingnut like Asuka understands motherhood. Touching.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least seth could of came out lol

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    "The Mom" Becky Lynch

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rom7878 View Post
    At least seth could of came out lol
    Looks like he came in.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol seth

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Becky picked a Hell of a time to get pregnant.

Don't name it "Corona".

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else think Becky getting pregnant is why Rollins shook Drew Mac's hand last night?

Maybe they're trying to babyface Rollins before he leaves to go be with Becky?

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Anyone else think Becky getting pregnant is why Rollins shook Drew Mac's hand last night?

Maybe they're trying to babyface Rollins before he leaves to go be with Becky?
    That was my thought honestly

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    I like how Humberto makes Lashley look like a total chump, almost incidently: slaps him in the face, dropkicks a chair into his face...

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Super cool. Asuka is a grand slam champ now.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Becky beat Ronda... again

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just heard about the opening with Becky/Asuka and the announcement from Becky. Happy for Becky/Seth and happy for Asuka to finally be champ again, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    Even a wingnut like Asuka understands motherhood. Touching.
    She is a mother herself.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lashely comes full circle first to break the master lock and now uses it to win

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    She is a mother herself.
    I didn't know that. I forget how old she is.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't know that. I forget how old she is.
    I was skeptical when I read it (her Youtube channel seems very much like she's living that single life) but it was confirmed in two interviews (Charlotte and Naomi).

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic news about Becky and Seth!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    I've been hoping for some interaction between McIntyre and Corbin. Those two click together

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm not digging Drew as champ.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    You've gotta be joking me...

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    You've gotta be joking me...
    It is Donald, so it's on par for him

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    It is Donald, so it's on par for him
    I thought Horatio said that because the IIconics are back

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peyton lookin like a snack

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I thought Horatio said that because the IIconics are back
    WHAT?! I haven't been watching!

Blessed day

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Seth looking raggid and acting all morose. I wonder if they'll turn the pregnancy into a storyline and say Seth isn't the dad.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    I was both quoting Billie Kay and responding to Donald.

Seth is in shock. I like it.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Rey is alive?

Black too?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Bon-bons!
    Shayna Baszler is rich

Rey is alive?

Black too?
    They were thrown onto another tier, 6 foot drop

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Baszler is such a heel. More hinting about who's the dad. Seth is gonna go nuts!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Styles in an Undertaker t-shirt? I guess their feud really is on-going.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    This is the best Rollins performance I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Really enjoyed the Becky/Asuka segment. That was the best way to do it. And in typical WWE fashion it's going to be a storyline. So, like the brand split is dead now. Good.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Seth is going nuts! He knows he isn't the daddy and what Rey said to him earlier about being a dad set him off. Great stuff from Seth.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This is the best non crowd show ever.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    I think I'm in love with Shayna Baszler...

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Dam, Orton is great.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once I heard this afternoon about Becky, it made much more sense as to why Asuka won the briefcase. This series of events creates a nice chapter for Becky and Asuka. As I've said, Asuka has been a major standout within WWE during these PC-only shows. I like how she's being rewarded for those efforts. Happy for Becky and Rollins to this moment in time have newfound purpose and inspiration.

The stuff with Vega's crew was perplexing but it ultimately put more of a spotlight on Andrade, so I'm not mad at that. Commentary was stupid as hell getting so excited about a champion versus champion match when Andrade and McIntyre squared off about a month ago. I doubt the back-and-forth nature of the match, in light of the same type of format the night prior, makes it a little interesting in relation to the field catching up McIntyre. That's a story they could tell but I tend to think they're just trying to put McIntyre in high-quality matches and still finding ways for the loser to look solid in defeat. As for the "brand-to-brand invitation", it makes sense for them to continue to find different avenues to gin up interest in the shows. Not overly thrilled with the first instance of it with Corbin and McIntyre but it's probably going to be a fairly good match between the two of them.

Good to see The IIconics back but they really didn't show anything different at first glance other than a different finish, so it seems weird they were gone for no major apparent reason.

They went about it in a roundabout way but it looks like we're finally getting around to Lashley and MVP pairing up. That's got extremely good potential to do solid things for both parties. The thing that does kind of help with an investment in Lashley in this story is that he's been given attention and wins (or protected losses) as of late. As for Vink and Thorne...well, looks like they've hit 50/50 booking territory.

The stuff with Mahal isn't that interesting but I'm thinking they're handling it right. They made it a point of emphasis for him when he returned that he was a champion. You're refreshing your audience as to why respect should or could be paid to him. They're not rushing it, either, so that's good to give them time to tell a story that lightning can strike twice and play off the history with McIntyre when they eventually get there.

There's too much teasing going on between Styles and Taker for them not to go back to it. I'm wondering if they're looking to make that Taker's last real match and save it for when they can have a crowd.

Rollins and Murphy vs The Dead Men was good from a storytelling perspective. It certainly feels like if this were real, someone is out to get Mysterio to pay up on an old debt because they're beating the crap out of him. I expect an attempted stabbing next week. The DQ was cheap as hell but the advanced development after that DQ was solid. Based off Rollins' unexpected concession to McIntyre Sunday, his trance, utter sadistic beatdown on Mysterio then suggesting he had no awareness of what he did, they've got something cooking.

The premise for the stuff between Viking Raiders and Street Profits made some sense but the execution of the actual game was dumb. The postgame stuff was corny but funny yet not worth having to sit through the initial stuff.

LOVED Shayna's promo. That's great heeling right there. Whenever they write good material for for her, the character just goes up a significant notch because she can go in the ring.

It was kind of silly how they made a normal match into a new gimmick match for Edge and Orton. Charly had to rubber stamp the seal of stupidity with her comment at the end. Kudos to her for being able to say that with a straight face. As for the positives: Orton was great with his actual promo, and the idea of more promos from Edge and Orton sounds appealing. If they don't overthink it, the actual match should be good...but didn't need the preamble stating it's going to be the greatest match ever.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand why WWE insists on having their lower tier champions lose all the time? Andrade has potential to be a top top performer, but he always loses.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It just occurred to me that the IIconics are using a reverse Magic Killer as their Finisher now

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jamie Rush on the Main Page has been calling Humberto Carillo ... Alberto Carillo for WEEKS and MONTHS

and I HOPE YOU FALL DOWN AND HURT YOUR ANKLE YOU PEICE OF SPIT JAMIE

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    Seth looking raggid and acting all morose. I wonder if they'll turn the pregnancy into a storyline and say Seth isn't the dad.

Yes

We need one more Vinny Mac angle

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Donald, when you say this is the best non-crowd show ever - I think I may agree, but I must add that the very first one - with Triple H handling everything - was truly entertaining in its own way.

Loved Joe on commentary talking about Seth's actions being reprehensible. "Let me explain what Seth Rollins did. Now I've done some unsavory things in order to provide myself with opportunities, but that wasn't about opportunities, that was sadistic, that was wrong. And Seth Rollins, this pattern will continue until somebody definitively stops it!"

Joe may be the best talker on RAW now. I wonder if this will lead to Joe stopping Seth.

Baszler needed a jolt to her character, because she previously looked like she had no clue what was going on at the main roster level - the biting stuff did her no favors, if they weren't going to pay it off with a win at Mania. Both Shayna's promos were sharp, but her second with Nattie was a delight. I loved the trash talking by Nattie in the match - and even though the whole world knew that Nattie had no chance in winning, they put on a pretty good match. I liked Nattie not looking like an idiot by nearly getting her arm broken.

Rey's "injury" and Seth's story was quality stuff, and oh by the way, we may be getting more of Black v Murphy. Count me in on both.

Not sure I want to see Corbin v Drew. I think Corbin may have more talent than they let him show - but I'm not a fan of the whole "let's build a heel who everyone will hate because he's pushed like a top talent but we won't let him show anything to make people believe he's a realistic threat" garbage.

I'll admit that I bought Randy's "the better man won at Mania" - as I wasn't paying full attention to the clock and trying to pull a tick off the puppy, so when he came back and delivered the rest of the promo, I was fully engaged.
    Edge and Randy both delivered - and they've been missed since Mania. When I said earlier that Joe might be the best talker - well Randy showed again that when he's motivated he's as good as anyone.

Not knowing how they will pay off Taker and AJ is part of the appeal. I'm in.

Plus we got R-Truth and "cousin Ricky". If there is no live crowd and the segments are taped, we can count on Truth to deliver.

Asuka deserves the title - good for her. Since Becky revealed that Asuka actually won the title at MITB, I'm thinking that should change the PPV predictions scoring?

And of course, congrats to Becky.

On the negative side, we've got Corbin in another high profile feud, Jinder sniffing around, Lashley on multiple segments, we had far too much Nicki Cross and not nearly enough Bliss on the mic. The Iiconics work better in front of a live crowd, but damn they make me want to reconsider my marriage vow of fidelity. The Viking Raiders finally showed some character, but the Street Profits routine just doesn't work for many fans.

We got to see Lana appear backstage, and shriek over Bobby potentially going over to MVP, and we also got to see that Ms. Vega's team is crumbling all around her, and I'm not sure we could find a dozen fans that give a crap about either angle.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fell asleep watching RAW tonight.

Can anyone confirm -- are the IIconics still annoying ccunts that are sstill the ddrizzling sshits in the ring? Or have they actually gotten a little better?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha, I got neg repped for that post about the IIconics.

I can't believe there's people who think those two talentless bimbo bitches are actually good.

They should've been cleared out with the rest of the Spring cleaning last month. Let them go be awful somewhere else.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You're wrong on this one. The Iiconics are fabulous.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    You're wrong on this one. The Iiconics are fabulous.
    Their offense, either as singles or their double-team offense, doesn't look like it could crack an egg. And they both bump and feed like a sack of wet hammers.

They're the sshits.

Oh, and the one chick has a chin that looks like an ass.

Stupid bitch has an ass on her face.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Better than having an ass that looks like a chin, I suppose.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Ha, I got neg repped for that post about the IIconics.

I can't believe there's people who think those two talentless bimbo bitches are actually good.

They should've been cleared out with the rest of the Spring cleaning last month. Let them go be awful somewhere else.
    Well I mean it's not hard to wonder why. You are being derogatory to them in every way imaginable. Just because you dont like them as performers doesnt give you the right to use the terms you used. Surely you are smart enough to Express yourself without calling them cunts and bitches?

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Thats logical since we all thought Styles really died when buried by a few piles of dirt before a camera cut.

what are you 6 years old and Jake the Snake just locked Ultimate Warrior in a room full of snakes?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Their offense, either as singles or their double-team offense, doesn't look like it could crack an egg. And they both bump and feed like a sack of wet hammers.

They're the sshits.

Her name is Billie Kay. You should check out her ass...

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    Yes

We need one more Vinny Mac angle

Vince was the genetic jackhammer once upon a time.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    Well I mean it's not hard to wonder why. You are being derogatory to them in every way imaginable. Just because you dont like them as performers doesnt give you the right to use the terms you used. Surely you are smart enough to Express yourself without calling them cunts and bitches?
    but that's funny!!!!!!!111111

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    but that's funny!!!!!!!111111
    Roflcopter

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Aren't the Iiconics supposed to be annoying? Surely they are doing their characters right.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    I don't like how they brought back Styles. He did great and everything but I mean the script he was given basically saying the Boneyard match meant nothing yadda yadda. He should have displayed a mean streak and how that match affected him. yes he did mention how if he can go through that he can get through the Money in the bank. I just thought more could have been done with his character
    Hindsight is now showing that Styles should have done what Rollins did last night to a T (or tee, if that's your cup of tea).

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is fuck all wrong with the Iiconics in the ring.

They are the right side of average. That's fine when you can talk and play characters which they absolutely can.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Do they do that in other sports? Where a person or team needs to beat the champions in order to get a championship shot? Just irks me for some reason. If you beat the champions, you should win the championship.

Really, what they should have done is had the Iiconics come out, and do what they did, and then have Alexa Bliss say if one of the Iiconics can beat either her or Cross, then they get the title shot.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do they do that in other sports? Where a person or team needs to beat the champions in order to get a championship shot? Just irks me for some reason. If you beat the champions, you should win the championship.

Really, what they should have done is had the Iiconics come out, and do what they did, and then have Alexa Bliss say if one of the Iiconics can beat either her or Cross, then they get the title shot.
    No, they don't, because sports are mainly built on a schedule...so it's really stupid what WWE does with this.
    It was confusing because Bliss and Cross are kind of a tweener act but lean more towards the face side, yet they weren't gung-ho with the idea of defending their titles.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Rey is alive?

Black too?
    I read that as meaning that Rey came back as a black dude.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    No, they don't, because sports are mainly built on a schedule...so it's really stupid what WWE does with this.
    It was confusing because Bliss and Cross are kind of a tweener act but lean more towards the face side, yet they weren't gung-ho with the idea of defending their titles.
    They routinely do it. The non-champions beat the champions in non-title matches, then lose in the actual title match. It's like why bother have the two teams face? 50/50 booking I suppose.

Man, I recall in the early 90s, when the Hart Foundation was feuding with Demolition, you didn't get the two teams fighting before the actual PPV match, you got like Smash vs. Bret Hart and Crush vs. Jim Neidhardt in singles matches leading up to the PPV.

I'd have Billie Kay face Alexa, and then the next week Nicki Cross vs. Billie Kay. The Iiconics then get a title match at Backlash.

Also, what's with impromptu matches? Why not have a president or authority figure just to be there to make matches. He or she doesn't need to be part of storylines, just there to make things make sense.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sonjay Dutt cameo during Black and Murphy brawl

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're the sshits.

Shockingly the neg rep wasn't from me but I'm a Peyton Royce mark, not the other one lol. But I dig the tag-team.

Their skill level isn't favorable but in comparison to who? Not many on the roster that can live up to the expectations set by Bayley, Charlotte, Asuka, and a few others. But they're better than Liv, Carmella, definitely better than Tamina.

Your ugly ass can't speak on looks unless it's one of those "ugly people can call each other ugly" scenarios. You look like Rocky Dennis fucked Gollum and the birth was anal.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They routinely do it. The non-champions beat the champions in non-title matches, then lose in the actual title match. It's like why bother have the two teams face? 50/50 booking I suppose.

Man, I recall in the early 90s, when the Hart Foundation was feuding with Demolition, you didn't get the two teams fighting before the actual PPV match, you got like Smash vs. Bret Hart and Crush vs. Jim Neidhardt in singles matches leading up to the PPV.

I'd have Billie Kay face Alexa, and then the next week Nicki Cross vs. Billie Kay. The Iiconics then get a title match at Backlash.

Also, what's with impromptu matches? Why not have a president or authority figure just to be there to make matches. He or she doesn't need to be part of storylines, just there to make things make sense.
    It's bad booking.

Your setup idea makes sense and have The IIconics win those singles matches or even have a split and then work towards a tag-title match...or just have The IIconics take out teams to build towards being the top challenger. Either way, it takes up time and creates a legit competitor.

As for your other question, same answer: bad booking.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uncreative and restrictive, too. I know it's somewhat in the ballpark of what they're doing with Sasha and Bayley, but the smart play would have been to build to a Kabuki Warriors vs. Iiconics match next week, with Asuka doing the "I'm the champion!" loony routine, causing Sane to get pinned. While you do this you're having their promos centered around how Bliss and Cross aren't a team, and that Cross is a lapdog. Then you have them face Liv and Ruby who agree to reform the team in a #1 contenders match, but the dissention in that team leads to another victory. Then on the next couple of shows you run squashes against the low rung NXT ladies where they put over their cohesive teamwork in short matches. Elsewhere on one of these shows you can have Asuka defending against Bliss, with Cross causing a DQ while stopping Sane interference. So then you have a clear arc where you have a strong, united team that have benefitted from dissension in previous opponents, facing the reigning champions that are fighting against the dissension that the challengers have attempted to sow. Simple booking, Cross and Bliss get on the same page and win at the PPV, or you do a turn and a title change.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    They need to officially end the brand split just save the women's division and almost all the midcard belts. Drew vs Braun would be fun as would Bayley vs Asuka.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're the sshits.

They're the only women other than the Kabuki Warriors that feel like a real team. That alone means they're doing something right.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're the only women other than the Kabuki Warriors that feel like a real team. That alone means they're doing something right.
    It probably feels that way because that's basically it for the division lol. Sasha and Bayley were a team but are clearly set up to dissolve. Fire and Desire was a team but we know how that went. You've got a legit three teams in the division and the rest is whatever you decide to makeshift as a pairing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Shockingly the neg rep wasn't from me but I'm a Peyton Royce mark, not the other one lol. But I dig the tag-team.

Their skill level isn't favorable but in comparison to who? Not many on the roster that can live up to the expectations set by Bayley, Charlotte, Asuka, and a few others. But they're better than Liv, Carmella, definitely better than Tamina.

Your ugly ass can't speak on looks unless it's one of those "ugly people can call each other ugly" scenarios. You look like Rocky Dennis fucked Gollum and the birth was anal.
    I’m really curious now how exactly you seem to know what I look like? Facebook stalking?

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Think he's got you mixed up with me as that describes me

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamina is by far the worst in every aspect. She has no mic skills, no charisma, she cant wrestle and since her knee injury shes been in terrible shape.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamina could put a bit of effort in attire wise. She looks like she is wearing a bin bag.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m really curious now how exactly you seem to know what I look like? Facebook stalking?
    Honestly I have no idea I just threw shit at the wall and if it sticks hey, 10 points for me.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    Tamina could put a bit of effort in attire wise. She looks like she is wearing a bin bag.
    looks like she got nia's rejections

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe if she was Duchess the Dumpster Droese wearing bin bags then she'd at least be bad but entertaining instead of just bad.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't mind Tamina.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind Tamina.
    Now why does that not surpise me lol.

I could understand Dana Brooke to an extend. She has improved and worked hard though at MITB they seemed to have made her into an idiot. Tamina has not improved.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Shayna's comments on Becky ffs. Loved that.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Shayna's comments on Becky ffs. Loved that.
    Yeah that was great. They had everyone else break character and be nice but Shayna's still the same.

This would've been even better with a crowd as the heat would've probably been nuclear.

Also these Viking Raider segments are just plain awful. Comedy is not their thing.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post

Also these Viking Raider segments are just plain awful. Comedy is not their thing.
    I thought them losing the b-ball game was a bore. The Profits winning wasn't much fun either...

But the Vikings being secret wizards on the court had a nice surreal twist that the gimmick definitely needed.
    I still can't believe I saw that...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Tamina is by far the worst in every aspect. She has no mic skills, no charisma, she cant wrestle and since her knee injury shes been in terrible shape.
    She reminds me of a modern day Ahmed Johnson. Come in strong rookie year, get injured, and let themselves go

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Unfortunately won't be able to see goldust make out with tamina.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought them losing the b-ball game was a bore. The Profits winning wasn't much fun either...

But the Vikings being secret wizards on the court had a nice surreal twist that the gimmick definitely needed.
    I still can't believe I saw that...
    It was edited footage lol.

I appreciate what they're trying to do to make the Raiders have more personality like that stuff with them in the car but it's pure cringe for me. Raiders have already proven they have the Profits number, just have the titke match already.

Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to chime in on a couple things:

Fan of the IIconics. They're serviceable in the ring and excellent at their characters. Glad they are back.

Tamina's weird flappy leather vest thing is the worst. I like her gear otherwise but it looks like she's wearing a leather bodysuit where the crotch busted and the front/back parts are just hanging loose now. I enjoyed the match with Bayley but that's almost 100% thanks to Bayley so I guess if you put her with top notch people, she's passable but she's definitely on the low end of the talent pool and I'm surprised she's lasted as long as she has. Seems like she disappears for a year at a time.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know why.

I've got no insider knowledge on this or anything.

But wrestling Tamina, from everything I've seen, looks like wrestling a refrigerator.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Humberto Carillo needs to get a girlfriend.

Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    It was edited footage lol.
    Bullshit. Next thing you'll tell me that Mr. Perfect didn't actual bowl a 300 game.