User Tag List

Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,300 of 4453

Thread: The Official Monday Night RAW Thread

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta be honest, Mace (that's the one that's Dio Madden, yeah?) actually looks kind of cool. With his mask/hair/outfit he looks like sort of a Predator/Alien combination.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna defend the Mandy/Dana pairing a little bit. Both of them have potential, but are not ready to be in the title picture. Mandy had some fun moments with Otis, but where was it going to really go? She wasn't getting as much ring time since Sonya left. Dana and her both have a similar vibe, they can work a good pace, and this allows Mandy to primarily be a wrestler again. I actually like the pairing, and think the team could grow.

Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Gotta be honest, Mace (that's the one that's Dio Madden, yeah?) actually looks kind of cool. With his mask/hair/outfit he looks like sort of a Predator/Alien combination.
    I can only hope that this group gets progressively weirder, and they can someday join the boogeyman in the mth pantheon (mtheon?).

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    I'm gonna defend the Mandy/Dana pairing a little bit. Both of them have potential, but are not ready to be in the title picture. Mandy had some fun moments with Otis, but where was it going to really go? She wasn't getting as much ring time since Sonya left. Dana and her both have a similar vibe, they can work a good pace, and this allows Mandy to primarily be a wrestler again. I actually like the pairing, and think the team could grow.
    It's not atrocious but I think we zoomed past the shit or get off the pot period with Dana. For whatever reason, they seem to be okay with doing something with her for maybe a month and then it's all gone. I've seen that 2-3 times and that just tells me that I can't really get too, too excited about her prospects going forward. Mandy, however, developed quite a bit over the last year. Yeah, she didn't get a lot of ring time but she was able to show some personality, some humor, some willingness to make herself look silly and it didn't look bad. If it's an entry point to getting Mandy acclimated to the brand, cool. If it's actually with the attempt to build them as a legit team and challenge for the titles...I don't have high hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    What a strange year Liv's had. She was barely seen in the second half of 2019, but actually got drafted despite not being on TV. Then there's the vignettes about her finding herself only to then be revealed as Lana's lesbian lover. Remember when that was a thing for 2 weeks? Then Liv focuses the rest of the year on singles competition before suddenly reconciling with Ruby, probably because WWE didn't have long term plans for either of them. Not it's like she never went out on her own at all and is firmly back in the Riott Squad. What happened to all the finding herself business?
    Was cool to do at the time but lost interest in it and the regime change probably played a role in it too. I remember she had a pretty decent one-off match with Charlotte too. There's upside there, for sure. Just have to stay invested in her.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; October 6th, 2020 at 8:55 PM.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mandy Rose is going to be a top player in the woman's division sooner than later. I'm glad they've taken their time with her and she's had a great year or so with how she's developed her character.

Dana Brooke......There's no upside here. Dana, Tamina, Carmella, put them on the next bus to TNA or something, idk man.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s a shame Mandy could never get that real blow-off against Sonya due to real life. Definitely still upside to Mandy but tbh a lot of the credit for this goes to Sonya being the perfect foil for her. Tragically cut short storyline.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    It’s a shame Mandy could never get that real blow-off against Sonya due to real life. Definitely still upside to Mandy but tbh a lot of the credit for this goes to Sonya being the perfect foil for her. Tragically cut short storyline.
    I think we probably got as close as we could with a finish, so there's some solace in that.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they definitely benefited from having each other to play off of. I can't give either more credit than the other because they both delivered 100% on both ends. There was more than just Sonya to this working. Props to Otis, Dolph, Tucker, etc.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definite credit goes to them both and this definitely breathed life into Sonya and she was knocking out the park with her promos. Hope she can get her shit sorted out quickly and return.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definite credit goes to them both and this definitely breathed life into Sonya and she was knocking out the park with her promos. Hope she can get her shit sorted out quickly and return.
    I agree 100%. Here's how I view those two. It reminds me of Edge & Christian. It was another vehicle for Edge to get to the main event, just like The Brood. Coming out of that split though I think Christian really shined and made that feud better than what it might've been had he been more of a Jim Neidhart/Marty Jannetty character.

I see the same with Mandy and Sonya. It feels like with Mandy it's the trio (Absolution), then it's the tag-team. Now it's the split where she's the babyface but her heel underrated former BFF delivers above and beyond proving herself just as beneficial.

If Mandy doesn't go on to be a multi-time women's champion then there must be something seriously wrong with the booking. Sonya's future, I hope she deals with everything in a way that brings her back because she most definitely could be a major player as well. We have 2 Shawn's, no Marty's lol

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Awwww c'mon Jannetty did his part against Shawn. The only real time you'd see him fired up was against Shawn. Like Rumble 94 for instance, Jannetty was done with HBK storyline wise but they still had electricity together when Jannetty hit the ring and they traded punches. His best match in the New Rocker era was probably the single he had against Shawn on Raw too.
    Last edited by Jarrod1983; October 9th, 2020 at 6:52 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's watered down because this isn't the first time they've squared off and it's been going on for months, but I do like the fact that they highlight the rarity of McIntyre being pinned.

The NO DQ match seemed like a lesser-than version of E/Sheamus from Friday. The feud on Raw wasn't nearly as compelling and the match felt a little more formulaic. The meteora through the chairs was gnarly, though. That was a fun spot. Black turned heel and basically lost right out of the jump. Remember when he had an undefeated streak as a face and that amounted to nothing? Yuck.

If it weren't for the alleged heat between them, I would have figured Riddle was going to be the guy who answered Rollins' challenge lol. It was a funny drive by burn from Styles as he passed Rollins. The triple threat was pretty nice and it was a given a ton of time. I think it's a bit now where you can't tell if Hardy is actually selling or if he's legit hurt haha. I'm beyond impressed they called back to the injury angle that took Elias off TV. Of course it couldn't be a total win because Charly outlined the story to Elias and he basically blah blah blah'ed it lol. Elias is on that Big Show pacing for turns, too.

Considering we saw a healthy part of the women's tag match with Dana and Lana wrestling each other, that match wasn't as bad as it could have been. It was actually fairly decent in some parts.

Good to see Garza didn't miss a ton of time with his injury from the PPV. The whole story with Garza, Andrade, and Zelina didn't really make sense when they tried to piece it together over the course of the match via commentary. Andrade and Zelina linking up again doesn't make a lick of sense lol. I'm also surprised Garza got one-up on Andrade with the win. Andrade's stock has fallen quite a bit over the last few months. It was like we saw the market correction right before our very eyes.

Tag title match was solid. Roode and Ziggler are a good pairing. They're not flashy but they're really good in the ring. I imagine this was made to have Roode and Ziggler look like a threat because they'll go right after Street Profits on Smackdown.

It made me laugh that half of the stipulation for Ricochet was that if he wins, he's just left the hell alone. It was good to see that Alexander and Ricochet got time to have a good match. Latino Heat was definitely smiling seeing that result. They're the Hurt Business, not the Smart Business. I'm curious to see if Ricochet actually has momentum to work off of, now that Raw is absolutely stacked with talent.

Hilarious that they still found an opportunity to have Nia put Lana through a table with a Battle Royal. Lana winning is certainly a choice.

Big reveal with Ali and Retribution and...nothing new this week. Oh well!

The Draft:
    It makes sense for The Fiend to move to Raw. He was played out on Smackdown and I'm sure the added hour will give The Funhouse more time to operate. I think they've had their fun for the time being with him being in the title picture, so I really wouldn't look for him to be a threat for McIntyre anytime soon. Alexa was an obvious move, too.

Injured people being drafted kind of kills the buzz of them suddenly returning when they return so I just would have ignored announcing Charlotte was on Raw.

Street Profits moving to Smackdown was inevitable with New Day coming. I saw some people suggesting a title unification. That could have been a fun idea but now we get to see two watered down divisions so there you go! Good on SP becoming Triple Crown champs.

Figured we'd see the changes with Riddle/Raw and Owens/Smackdown. Just didn't seem like either of them had a direct path to more relevancy so maybe a different brand will work for them. Will be interesting to see how Raw handles having Riddle and Lee on the same brand as they're two newer guys that have a lot of upside. Hardy seems like he'll be involved wherever he goes until he breaks down so I'm sure he'll be involved in the US title picture at some point.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One has to be curious why on Earth they paired Mandy Rose with Dana Brooke. Dana is in the Alicia Fox role as someone who has nothing whatsoever to offer. I used to enjoy when people would say "Oh well they're good for when they need to send someone to a school or autograph signing" The fuck they are lol. Imagine who exciting it must be as a kid who watches Raw and Dana Brooke and Titus are your guests...............

Anyway.....Mandy Rose deserves better. She can talk, she can work, she had a great angle going with Otis. Now what? Stuck with an anchor.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If I was a kid I would be excited to see Dana Brooke, not the xenomorph so much though I agree with you.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    If I was a kid I would be excited to see Dana Brooke, not the xenomorph so much though I agree with you.
    Depending on what she was wearing lol.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    One has to be curious why on Earth they paired Mandy Rose with Dana Brooke. Dana is in the Alicia Fox role as someone who has nothing whatsoever to offer. I used to enjoy when people would say "Oh well they're good for when they need to send someone to a school or autograph signing" The fuck they are lol. Imagine who exciting it must be as a kid who watches Raw and Dana Brooke and Titus are your guests...............

Anyway.....Mandy Rose deserves better. She can talk, she can work, she had a great angle going with Otis. Now what? Stuck with an anchor.

I think Dana is complementary enough that she doesn't detract, but definitely doesn't overshine Mandy. I think they could go well enough in the ring, and Mandy is the definitive A, where I think Dana could be more seasoning than an anchor.

All that said, I do love the thought of a middle school principal hyping up an assembly for Dana Brooke.

You could see it "We have a real treat for you guys!...Quiet!....One of your favorite stars from WWWE.....Seriously, guys if you can't sit on your seats...we'll just wait......OK!....THANK YOU...THANK YOU......HERE SHE IS! WOMEN'S WWF WRESTLER .....DANA BROOKENS!"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cue lots of tomatoes and other types of produce being thrown.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Repo Woman aka Dana Crook.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Dana Brooke is fucking awesome, you lot are insane.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, you don't have to sell me. But you are going to have to convince the kids in this assembly.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh that’s nothing....she can be much better!

Dana Book....librarian gimmick where she tells the audience to shhhhh!!!

Dana Cook...chef, comedian or just rip-off of the Rock if you smell what the Dana’s cookin!

Dana Hook...pirate rip-off and a hook for a hand.

Dana Look....she keeps running into things and not looking where she’s going....”Dana...LOOK!”

Dana Rook where she has a bird gimmick.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They should have arnold come in and just yell Dana! Like he did in true lies

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Halloween’s coming up. Can’t wait for her Dana Spook costume.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dana Brook - she just lays on the ground and babbles

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Halloween’s coming up. Can’t wait for her Dana Spook costume.
    If she scares herself, would that make her Dana Shook?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If she scares herself, would that make her Dana Shook?
    I do believe you’d be correct!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dana peaked when she was was the comic relief in the MITB match. Her best role was, and still is, being the secretary in Titus World Wide.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I should change my name to Danald

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should change my name to Danald
    Do it.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dana peaked when she was was the comic relief in the MITB match. Her best role was, and still is, being the secretary in Titus World Wide.
    Puns aside, she has been showing improvement but small fish in big pond. The usual response of “send them back to NXT” won’t even work here because that division is staaacked and better off than the women’s main roster.

I was opposed to the comedy MITB stuff at first but now I think that’s probably the best chance she has to maintain her place. Not feeling this tram with Mandy who I think is better off on her own. Just go all out goofy with Dana.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dana Crook - she should dress up like the Hamburglar and steal things out of the locker room.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Dana Crook - she should dress up like the Hamburglar and steal things out of the locker room.
    I said that 8 hours ago!

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bad - it was before your longer list

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If she is successful in her thievery, she'll be Dana Took.

mth's brook is still the best one.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I did it all for the Dana Brookie, c'mon The Brookie, c'mon So you can take that cookie And stick it up your yeah!

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another Halloween reference since it is coming up. Dooking for apples so Dana Dook.

Selling shit pics online could make her Dana Brookshart.

Aside, I agree mth had the best one as no easiest one to pull off.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's be honest....when 99.9% of our talks concerning Dana Brooke over the last 5-6 years been nothing but what if's, it's time for her to go.

Mugs act like when she takes a babystep toward improvement once every 2 years it's some sign that she has something to offer. I wish I was a younger fan, like 15-20, so I didn't have to grow up during a time where wrestling companies wanted actual talented wrestlers. And they didn't give them 4-5 years to finally figure out how to do even the smallest things.

Imagine if we had to sit through 5 years of randomly seeing the worst jobber in WWF sparingly used with actual talented people? Nobody ever hit up Duane Gill and said hey buddy, let's get you in a tag-team with Ultimate Warrior and then we'll have you team up with Hogan and maybe we'll get you back a year later and you can team up with Jake the Snake.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But if they let her go, she'd be jobless.

Then she'd be Dana Broke

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I were a better man, I’d say these Dana Jokes are getting out of hand.

But I’m not.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I thought Eddie Vedder was the better man.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just don't call him daughter.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually really enjoyed Dana's idiot shtick in the MITB and was really hoping it might lead to her being featured more with a more entertaining character. I pitched the idea of her playing this total ditz and fumbling and bumbling her way into a title match where the champ thinks she's a cakewalk because she's a moron only for it to be revealed she was playing the part all along. Could've been a fun little feud for a couple months.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Puns aside, she has been showing improvement but small fish in big pond. The usual response of “send them back to NXT” won’t even work here because that division is staaacked and better off than the women’s main roster.

I was opposed to the comedy MITB stuff at first but now I think that’s probably the best chance she has to maintain her place. Not feeling this tram with Mandy who I think is better off on her own. Just go all out goofy with Dana.
    The only value I can see in Dana is putting people over. There really aren't any jobbers in RAW's women's division and that seems like her speed. Like Nash said, she's been around for a long time and just hasn't made the progress that you would expect. Since Carmella is no longer with Truth, I could also see Dana filling the role of his sidekick.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only value I can see in Dana is putting people over. There really aren't any jobbers in RAW's women's division and that seems like her speed. Like Nash said, she's been around for a long time and just hasn't made the progress that you would expect. Since Carmella is no longer with Truth, I could also see Dana filling the role of his sidekick.
    Truth’s sidekick has to be Carmella, can’t replace that really. The best possible use for Carmella ever and they took her away from Truth and turned her back heel to complete apathy cos Mella is moneyz lol.

Could at least turn Dana heel and have her (at least attempt to) cheat. Dana by Hook or by Crook.
    Last edited by Badger; October 17th, 2020 at 12:18 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She doesn't really matter so I don't know if it actually matters if she's putting people over. There's at least 12-14 women on the Raw side of the women's division and she's nowhere near being seen as priority. Make a list and she maybe is more important or viable long term than maybe two of them. Maybe or probably less than that. She's honestly on the wrong brand if she's going to amount to anything.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Truth’s sidekick has to be Carmella, can’t replace that really. The best possible use for Carmella ever and they took her away from Truth and turned her back heel to complete apathy cos Mella is moneyz lol.

Could at least turn Dana heel and have her (at least attempt to) cheat. Dana by Hook or by Crook.
    Yeah, but it's all foreign currency that's only worth a buck fifty here.

Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    She doesn't really matter so I don't know if it actually matters if she's putting people over. There's at least 12-14 women on the Raw side of the women's division and she's nowhere near being seen as priority. Make a list and she maybe is more important or viable long term than maybe two of them. Maybe or probably less than that. She's honestly on the wrong brand if she's going to amount to anything.
    I look at someone like Billie Kay. She's pretty bad in the wrestling department, but has allot of personality and can talk. Even if she's hopeless in the ring, they can still do something with her as an on screen character. Dana is just a lost cause and I don't know what they can do other than stick her in random tag teams.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I look at someone like Billie Kay. She's pretty bad in the wrestling department, but has allot of personality and can talk. Even if she's hopeless in the ring, they can still do something with her as an on screen character. Dana is just a lost cause and I don't know what they can do other than stick her in random tag teams.
    If there's a compelling character Dana has, we've yet to see it. You usually can see glimpses of potential, whether it be in the ring or charisma, even if it's a short amount of time. I just don't think there's been much there to be seen with Dana.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought her pairing with Emma was nice. Then they cut Emma and replace her with Charlotte. Nothing ever came of that pairing or breakup that helped Dana.

Everyone is pretty much salvageable to an extent. When Dana came out to face Ronda and she cut that promo basically saying she was a nobody but was never given a chance or whatever, that could have been something as well.

It's almost like she was signed with the background she has with the intent that they could do something special but they literally never did shit with her. She comes out, flips, and then flexes but has no muscle.....See, if she was a great worker, the gimmick wouldn't matter as much if it was as generic as hers is.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They should really just pair her up with Tony Nese.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should really just pair her up with Tony Nese.
    Tony Nese managed by Dana Brooke and Donald'd be over here just fainting away. Hell, bring back Mixed Match Challenge and they can win and Donald can ascend to a higher plane.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New song I see for raw

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Loving AJ Styles' bodyguard.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    stfu bryon

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Dana is so gorgeous

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see they got more milage out of that song from Bianca's video from Smackdown. Nice to see them go for something other than rock for an intro song.

I really like the pairing Alexa and The Fiend. Alexa is buying into the role and they seem to vibe off each other incredibly well. You've got the chaos The Fiend brings and then another type that Retribution has. Seems a bit problematic to have Retribution lose cleanly against a team in The Hurt Business that has been stepping up to them and then The Fiend ate the scraps, taking them all out on his own. I guess they had a chance to make amends later.

I think Styles downgraded in terms of business associates, going from Joseph Parks to Jordan Omogbehin. It also looks like Raw booked an entry point for Riddle differently than when he debuted on Smackdown. Both had Riddle go up against Styles but Raw opted for somewhat of a clunky match (for these two's standards), due to trying to get Omogbehin over, and had Riddle get pinned right away.

Glad that sudden build for Lana was worth it. Goodness. WWE isn't against trying to insult our intelligence but I'm thankful they didn't go a bridge too far and make this seem like this was legitimately a chance to be competitive and lengthy. What happened after that seemed like a mess.

I get the message that Nia and Shayna were trying to portray, going after Asuka and Lana, asserting their dominance but the rest was stupid. Why break up The IIconics to go ahead and pair Peyton up with someone who doesn't make sense as a partner in Lacey? Why bring a Smackdown team over for the heck of it? This seemed like a supreme waste of time.

The Elias concert was another waste of time but at least the music was entertaining and a good enough way to build up some more attention for him.

I do like that E showing up in The Thunderdome helped turn the tide for Kingston against Sheamus. That said, the match had some good moments but it was a step down if iit is going to be compared to what Sheamus and E were doing over the last few weeks. Woods was a notable standout as a second for Kingston. He was very animated and helped convey ebbs and flows of the match.

I really enjoyed Ali's promo. Good on them to go ahead and close the loop with revealing that he was the hacker. I like the approach Ali had with creating his motivation for being the hacker and then ramping things up with establishing Retribution. That was all good and he's a compelling character, but it still felt unnecessary to have Retribution job out and look like chum afterwards. They will need to be heated up in a hurry to help wash that stain away.

The Big Fat Man...oh well. Just another silly moment of spitting on the split.

Funhouse was fun. Should be cool to see how Alexa will be incorporated within it.

Main event wasn't hyped very much over the course of the episode, which seems counterproductive. I really don't know what I was expecting but I didn't anticipate a 3-4 minute match with Lee losing, only to have the heat taken right away with Lee turning this into Styles/Nakamura...a battle of the balls. I also don't know if it does Strowman any favors having him writhing in pain on back-to-back episodes of WWE programming.

This closing segment felt as clunky as Reigns and Lesnar playing tug of war with the title. At least there was physicality with that segment. McIntyre "broke into hell" but then we didn't see anything as they went off air. *shrug*

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't realize Elias was so Christian.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Dana Rook where she has a bird gimmick.
    But she can only move in straight lines.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After what happened to Retribution last night, they better win big at Survivor Series.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching Raw that result felt like maybe they were about to wash their hands of Retribution. I give them until maybe after Rumble. They'll have a spot in Rumble where I'm sure Big E will be outnumbered by them all then eliminate each one with the New Day when they "randomly" come out one after the other lol.

I am interested though in the feud. If WWE can salvage this group after fumbling so miserably at the jump, it's with putting them with Fiend and Alexa. I think people are sleeping on WWE right now to be cool but like me are seeing something special. Stop overthinking shit because everyone should admit together we have some fantastic characters and matches and angles brewin.

I watched Raw earlier today and I was so impressed with everyone. Dude I don't even know what the deal is with Lana but that shit is one of the best parts of the show. Nothing personal, just so fucking random lol. The only problem is she should be crippled. The fucK?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I almost want to give them credit for trying to tie the hacker shit back to Ali forming down the Retribution, but still they’re a joke after Fiend played and destroyed them. Plus they’re feuding with heels in the Hurt Business![/RIPAnimal]

Most stand-out moment of Raw was big Jordan getting a chance on TV as AJ’s bodyguard. Random as all hell but I love it!

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can’t wait til they eventually fall out. Styles has to reach for the stars just to poke his chest then tries a Phenomenal Forearm and he just shakes his head.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Thought he was gonna do shit as the huge ninja, but after a staredown with Big Show we never saw him again in that role. Then I wanted him to get into it with Strowman as the bouncer for RAW Underground but that shit went nowhere either.

I'd love to see how he is in the ring. Is he a big lumbering idiot like Giant Gonzalez or the Great Khali, or is he athletic like Taker and Kane?

When he grabbed the ref's arm I wanted him to hurl the referee into 5 or 6 of the screens in the Thunderdome. When he closed his fist to Riddle I almost lost it. I'd love to see him vs. RIDDLE

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought he was gonna do shit as the huge ninja, but after a staredown with Big Show we never saw him again in that role. Then I wanted him to get into it with Strowman as the bouncer for RAW Underground but that shit went nowhere either.

I'd love to see how he is in the ring. Is he a big lumbering idiot like Giant Gonzalez or the Great Khali, or is he athletic like Taker and Kane?

When he grabbed the ref's arm I wanted him to hurl the referee into 5 or 6 of the screens in the Thunderdome. When he closed his fist to Riddle I almost lost it. I'd love to see him vs. RIDDLE
    I believe he wrestled a few NXT house shows but not on TV so no idea how he is in the ring.

I can only speculate he is still green at this point which is why he’s being used in these roles and could be a while before he actually works a match. He gets great exposure while probably still training on the side so pretty sweet deal.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Just read reports that he's slow and unimpressive in the ring...

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A guy that size has no upside in this business. He's an oddly shaped giant, he's not built like Paul Wight he's built like Ron Studd.

With that said, I liked the opening of that match. What I don't like is AJ Styles doesn't need him. At all. But he's cheaper than Gallows and Anderson so yay

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still he’s biiiig:

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a full battle royal from an NXT house show on Youtube from a year or two back that Jordan wins. He's quite unimpressive in it, slow and basic, but he's also green AF so you can't expect much out of a dude with no wrestling experience in one of his first matches.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hahaha. I remember when JBL was doing commentary on Smackdown when Ambrose was champion. Dolph was doing commentary and he was feuding with Corbin, JBL was praising Corbin and Dolph says "Why? Because he's tall?"

I know there's the mentality that Vince loves big giant monsters but if history proves anything, he doesn't love them for very long. The only reason I think The Great Khali lasted as long as he did was because Vince wanted to break in to that India market and Khali was a mega star over there. Unlike Canadian Jinder.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a full battle royal from an NXT house show on Youtube from a year or two back that Jordan wins. He's quite unimpressive in it, slow and basic, but he's also green AF so you can't expect much out of a dude with no wrestling experience in one of his first matches.
    I mean if anyone can find me a dude that size that didn't suck completely I'm down to watch.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wish I was tall so I can prove Nash Diesel wrong.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I was tall so I can prove Nash Diesel wrong.
    Dude's his size are good for 1 sport. Basketball. And even then they usually fucking suck. They're just there to block and maybe get a rebound but they're so uncoordinated they can't really do shit.

The role he's in is perfect even if it makes AJ look like a fucking baby lol.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Eh I'm comfortable with my height of 5'11". At least I'm not 5 inches under the average height for a woman like my wife is, 4'10" lmao

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean if anyone can find me a dude that size that didn't suck completely I'm down to watch.
    I was trying to be fair to the guy but to be honest, I don't expect much from him, either. Don't think he's going to become a prominently featured player. The role he's in right now is ideal. Big-ass dudes like him just need to throw or smack a dude every once in awhile.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was trying to be fair to the guy but to be honest, I don't expect much from him, either. Don't think he's going to become a prominently featured player. The role he's in right now is ideal. Big-ass dudes like him just need to throw or smack a dude every once in awhile.
    I'm always looking for the evolution in the next "giant". It can't just stop at Undertaker and mid 90's Big Show. If it were possible for Show to keep his 1996 frame he would've been hands down the best big man ever. Undertaker imo has the crown. Maybe if Nash didn't have 40 knee surgeries before he debuted lol.....

I just don't know where they could find that person. They lucked out with Big Show. So 20 years not a single big dude to fill those shoes. I just want to see someone bigger than Paul Wight do Undertaker level shit. We might have to settle for 6'9" billed as 7'0"

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strowman?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I almost want to give them credit for trying to tie the hacker shit back to Ali forming down the Retribution, but still they’re a joke after Fiend played and destroyed them. Plus they’re feuding with heels in the Hurt Business![/RIPAnimal]
    I was really naive thinking they'd do a sit down interview with Ali to explain his motivations. His promo was good, but it would have had way more impact in an interview setting. Shows how little they're invested in this group. At least Ali revealed he was the Hacker so we have closure on that.

Dude's his size are good for 1 sport. Basketball. And even then they usually fucking suck. They're just there to block and maybe get a rebound but they're so uncoordinated they can't really do shit.

The role he's in is perfect even if it makes AJ look like a fucking baby lol.
    The guy's so big it's distracting. All your attention should be on AJ, but he's getting overshadowed by his bodyguard.

- - - Updated - - -

Strowman?
    Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strowman?
    But like I said, I'm looking for someone bigger than Big Show. If we have to settle for smaller than Show, then yeah Strowman BUT, he's nowhere near the athlete guys like Undertaker and Show are/were. Have you seen that boy run? LOL.

Why couldn't Giant Gonzales pan out?

I'll say this though. This guy didn't have the career or the match quality as Undertaker but if there might have been someone at least similar height as Show...MATT MORGAN. Legit 7ft. Super athlete but I wouldn't call him the best giant ever. BUT, if he panned out, we might be thinking differently. He just never caught on.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminds me of the joke my tall friend (who was 6 foot 5) used to tell. He'd say "I'm nuts over my new girlfriend. She's 3 foot 2."

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Reminds me of the joke my tall friend (who was 6 foot 5) used to tell. He'd say "I'm nuts over my new girlfriend. She's 3 foot 2."
    LOL

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Miz somehow forgot the mechanics of MITB lol. Why was he so interesting in pestering the former champion? Just set up a simple match for the night but didn't make a lot of sense otherwise. Guess we're getting the formulaic setup for a MITB winner, where they end up being booked as a chump but still get their moment at the end. Again...WWE has to figure out how to zoom better on the Thunderdome, especially when you've somehow paid enough money for Matthew McConaughey to show up lol.

It is a shame that NXT is out of the mix for Survivor Series. That kind of tells me last year was a fad and they were just hoping to pop some ratings Wednesday. Didn't do it enough to turn the tide so they're bored with the idea. I wonder if Zayn will bring up Lashley's sisters again! Matchup of New Day/Street Profits will be dope and it was hilarious seeing New Day make fun of Street Profits. E must be shook because Asuka fit in with the rest of New Day so well. I have no interest in Orton/Reigns, and Sasha/Asuka doesn't hit the same way now that Sasha is a face...but that match will be good.

Lee got a win and will get to be part of Survivor Series, which was a breakout moment for him last year. At least they didn't screw that up lol. Good thing Elias got a win via DQ last night. Really paid off for this episode. Riddle couldn't be as lucky as Lee as he lost his qualifying match. Not a clue as to why Sheamus needs to be in that match. The match with Sheamus was physical as hell, which fit for the two of them. I couldn't help but think about how stupid they make Riddle look last week, which is disappointing. Pairing that with a needless loss here just doesn't sit right.

The overall aesthetic for The Hurt Business just continues to get better. Their look is awesome, others get to step up other than MVP (a bit) and come across well when they talk, and they work well together in the ring. Another week, another wet fart showing for Retribution.

Yikes, Nikki Cross lost her theme and her new one sounds nothing like her character lol. The match was pretty good with Nikki and Peyton looking good with moments to shine across the course of the match. Sadly this feels like it's already inevitable that Lana is stupidly win the match for Raw at Survivor Series or be booked to outlast her team only to get wrecked at the end.

Alexa seemed to be mimicking Wyatt hard in the Funhouse. Not sure if I like the copycatting to that degree. Her new remixed theme and the act for the talking segment at the end was much better. Twisted in a good way for her. The exasperated look Orton had when he was in the corner was pretty damn cool as he was recovering from McIntyre wailing away at him. In addition, I loved how resigned he was when he realized The Fiend was behind him. McIntyre not being scared at all was a much-needed touch for this, too. Fairly indifferent for The Friend to be involved here but we certainly need something to spice up Orton and McIntyre. I guess the bit is that they want Orton/McIntyre to go off the air and inopportune times now.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orton/Reigns at Survivor Series is wierd as fuck.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Including NXT to these matches would have been good for some, neutral for some, probably only bad for one.

Priest would have been a plus for the midcard title match
    Bálor would certainly help improve Reigns/Orton but probably not amount to much
    Lorcan/Burch would do nothing but harm the tag match
    Io would rock with those women

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not as weird as Zayn vs Lashley or New Day vs Street Profits. They are doing some backwards ass booking.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    New Day and Street Profits is the only match I can see staying the same. I

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    not as weird as Zayn vs Lashley or New Day vs Street Profits. They are doing some backwards ass booking.
    Heel vs. heel matches generally make less sense than face vs. face as you end up with a match where there's no one to root for. At least in face vs. face, like ND vs. Profits, you can just root for everyone. Heel vs. heel you're just sitting there wondering why you should care.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless I'm mistaken, Riddle seems to be on a losing streak. He lost to Corbin right before the draft, then lost his first match on RAW to AJ, and now lost to Sheamus last night. Has he gotten a win anywhere in between that I missed?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless I'm mistaken, Riddle seems to be on a losing streak. He lost to Corbin right before the draft, then lost his first match on RAW to AJ, and now lost to Sheamus last night. Has he gotten a win anywhere in between that I missed?
    Riddle, Metalik, and Dorado beat Cesaro, Nakamura, and Corbin the week before the draft started.
    Hardy Bros won a match against Miz and Morrison the first night of the draft.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot about that one too.

Someone needs to get Riddle in a decent feud soon.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Remember when that idiot papa H said nxt superstars wouldn't be called up unless they had a plan for them. What a crock of shit.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot about that one too.

Someone needs to get Riddle in a decent feud soon.
    There was literally no upside to having him lose last night. Sure, Sheamus has a really great resume to work off of but the guy is a gatekeeper now. He's not getting any push or momentum by being on the Raw team. Riddle might not either, but it certainly helps the cause to build a dude who has more of a wider window than Sheamus.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really assumed he was going over Sheamus. I got no beef with Sheamus, but I agree...what was the point?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really assumed he was going over Sheamus. I got no beef with Sheamus, but I agree...what was the point?
    The only thing I can think is that they didn't want to "bury" Sheamus by having him put over Hardy, E, AND Riddle. I guess that's somewhat of a viable excuse but don't put Sheamus in the match then, lol. Either that, or they're "trying to teach Riddle a lesson" for the heat he seems to be drawing. Also viable but equally as dumb.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Riddle, Metalik, and Dorado beat Cesaro, Nakamura, and Corbin the week before the draft started.
    Hardy Bros won a match against Miz and Morrison the first night of the draft.
    The only thing I can think is that they didn't want to "bury" Sheamus by having him put over Hardy, E, AND Riddle. I guess that's somewhat of a viable excuse but don't put Sheamus in the match then, lol. Either that, or they're "trying to teach Riddle a lesson" for the heat he seems to be drawing. Also viable but equally as dumb.
    I must have missed those tag matches. That still means Riddle's lost three singles matches in a row. Pretty ridiculous considering he beat AJ in his main roster debut. I heard he had heat even when he was in NXT. If they don't like his attitude, then they never should have called him up.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally not too bothered by Riddle losing. Sheamus has been killing it in the ring lately and needs some credibility himself after a few losses, no problem with him getting the win in a hard-fought match.

Riddle will be fine.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably the slightly more questionable issue is giving Miz the MITB. He did tease cashing it in on Orton to repeat history but who honestly thought was going to happen then of course Drew wipes the floor with him.

Fair enough there wasn’t any immediate hints of Otis cashing in and Tucker turning makes some sense in his explanation but they put them on different brands and would very likely lose and go back to an afterthought. Plus both champs are currently heel probably for the long-term and Miz being otherwise booked as cannon fodder makes me wonder if he is the best choice.

Technically still time for cash-in but so far not holding my breath. McIntyre winning and Miz teasing but backing off could’ve maybe done something for Miz.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they end up going with Orton (c) vs Edge at 'Mania, I could see Edge winning the title and then Miz cashing in on him shortly afterwards.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they end up going with Orton (c) vs Edge at 'Mania, I could see Edge winning the title and then Miz cashing in on him shortly afterwards.
    Miz would have to cash in and lose in that scenario. There’s heel heat and all but in a long Orton-Edge story like this, got to let Edge have that Mania moment.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miz would have to cash in and lose in that scenario. There’s heel heat and all but in a long Orton-Edge story like this, got to let Edge have that Mania moment.
    When I wrote "shortly afterwards", it probably came across like I meant right after the match. I would let Edge have his moment and then, a week or two later, Miz cashes in.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I wrote "shortly afterwards", it probably came across like I meant right after the match. I would let Edge have his moment and then, a week or two later, Miz cashes in.
    Slightly better but I think either way no matter when he does it, I think Miz should lose his cash in. You build his ego even bigger than it already is being the 2 time Mr Money In The Bank like a balloon and then (maybe even Otis helping for continuity), you pop the bubble to get Edge or whoever the champ may be even more over and Miz being Miz will still draw heat even by complaining.

He could certainly be champ again in the future, but I think on this occasion he should fail and maybe even be irrational and blame it on Morrison even if nothing to do with him and you have a feud there. Miz is best when being whiny.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a shame there isn't a live audience to witness some of this stuff. I think The Fiend w/ Alexa is the best thing going in all of WWE. I really like him being involved with Orton and Drew. Especially Orton. Their pairing a few years ago was strange, but I really liked it as it was so much different than pretty much anything Orton had done except for maybe the Undertaker feud 15 years ago.

It's awesome that both Orton and Alexa wanted to part of what The Fiend is doing and we know they can deliver.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alexa's response, laughing in the corner at Randy, was terrific. I have always enjoyed the crossover situations where the women and men get involved with each other's storylines. I think the fact that we haven't seen all that much of Alexa and the Fiend actually together is part of the intrigue. Part of Randy's gimmick is that he hears voices in his head, but it seems that the Fiend has gotten into Alexa's head as well. I fear that WWE goes in the direction of Randy recruiting some female wrestler to feud with Alexa while he focusses on the Fiend. But Randy's a heel, so who should he approach?

I agree that its a huge shame that there isn't a live audience to enjoy this.