Lashley deserves it

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rom7878 View Post
    Lashley deserves it
    I saw part of the top of the show where they set up the 8pm title match. I'm glad Drew brought up he had dealings with the Hurt Business last year. I tuned in to see if the match would happen, which it didn't. So when I tuned in one last time to see the end of the show, I thought there would be shenanigans with the lumber jacks. Boy am I surprised it was played straight. Miz did try the get DQed route, which I appreciate. But he just wasn't squirrely enough, and we have a NEW WWE champion. Even though he's a heel, I think if there was a crowd there, he'd get cheered. Nobody can deny he didn't pay his dues to get the top belt.

And Miz can still crow about being a two time WWE champ, and 2-0 in MITB cash-ins. Not bad.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame on me for thinking they were going to start Raw with a match simply because they said they were going to. It was also funny how they talked about the bitterness between Sheamus and McIntyre and how we were finally getting a payoff towards that but again, Sheamus was getting overshadowed. Kind of sucks for him but it's quite fitting for how the last two-plus months have gone.

I expected the match between Sheamus and McIntyre to be a hard-hitting slugfest and that's what was delivered and then some! Twenty-four minutes of physicality. The announce table refused to do the job tonight. Two bumps and didn't really budge. Out of the two, the first one looked less ideal than the second one. Fun finish with both of them going their finishers at the same time but McIntyre caught him first. It looked gnarly on the replay too.

Nia, one half of the tag champs, against Naomi. Shayna, the other half of the tag champs, against...Charlotte. Huh? Go figure. If there's no story later for Naomi to get redemption for getting her ass handed to her, this was definitely a waste of time and of her.

It's a shame Nicholas wasn't available as the mystery partner for Strowman. Eye rolling doesn't justify how little I care about what Strowman is doing right now. Talk about botching a character. The saving grace was that they didn't switch the titles. The story between Strowman and McMahon didn't need a silly tag title reign so I'm glad they didn't go that route. If they are going with those two at Mania, I guess the only intrigue comes in how the match goes. McMahon really hasn't phased a physical/power guy in their peak in quite a while. That's about all I've got.

Priest went way down in terms of a sparring partner this week. I'm quite stunned and relatively appalled that the match between Priest and Elias went as long as it did and was diluted as much as it was. It certainly got sloppy in some parts. Elias clearly has deteriorated as a worker in the ring as most of the stuff he did were rest holds or silly strikes. He feels like a guy at this moment that could get market corrected rather easily.

How freaking short is Kayla Braxton? Her eye level was with Orton's chest. The Deep-Fake Orton saying that Orton is going to come face-to-face with everything he's done pretty much seals the deal for me that Fiend/Orton will culminate in a Firefly Fun House match. With Orton's history, that will be quite interesting. The stuff leading up prior to that...not as interesting.

The Raw Women's championship picture is as cold as you could possibly imagine. Then it's set up to potentially have a face/face match between Charlotte and Asuka or Asuka playing heel, which means Charlotte works an unnatural role. Ugh. Rhea needs to arrive and do so in a hurry. A very scary thought I had was one that a lot of the stuff Charlotte and Ric bickered about last week was a means for Ric to bring Rhea to Raw. That would be a terrible, terrible way to debut her on Raw, so I really hope that's just a trashy figment in my mind and not a plan they actually execute.

There was potential there in the Charlotte/Shayna match but they clearly had no interest in having a lengthy match there, which was odd considering we wanted to give buckets of unnecessary time to Priest/Elias.

The six-man tag match was not much of anything but LHP is a damn fun watch. Of course, Retribution lost again. They look silly while Ali gets some time to run. The fact he pinned the champion is something but I doubt it leads to much. That finish could have been disastrous, though. That looked like an Avalanche Backstabber but it clearly didn't work out that way.

I noticed that Miz has side plates on his title that is just the WWE logo but upside down, like he has for his mic flag. Nice touch. Phillips started the night by saying this episode was "one of the biggest nights in the history of Monday Night Raw." I don't know about that but they certainly did a job in having a show-long story. They played a pretty dangerous game to set up the possibility that Miz would duck three matches in one night. Luckily they saw how dreadful that would be and the swerve was that was no swerve. It got kind of weird at the end where McMahon (a heel) was berating Miz (a heel) as he was set to finally face Lashley (a heel?). Good for Lashley, though. He's come a long way from that stupid-ass story with Lana and Rusev. He's been one the best-booked and most protected guys in the company and that work has been paid in full now. If MVP could actually work right now, THB could have all of the gold. That's wild.

Miz will gradually move back to Bad Bunny, McIntyre will come chasing back for his title and I anticipate the build for the match between McIntyre and Lashley will be quite good.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a difference a year has made for Lashley. He went from an embarrassing wedding and marriage angle with Lana to destroying the Miz and winning the WWE title. What an epic turn around.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lashley is a king. Good on him.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada

Quick Hits:

-Congrats to Bobby Lashley for finally getting over, dude has been on fire since creating The Hurt Business with MVP. Fact, MVP totally saved Lashley’s WWE career. Now what?
    -Alexa Bliss is killing it.
    -Am really intrigued by Damian Priest, am curious about his alliance with Bad Bunny. Can’t wait to see how creative screws up Priest, like they did with Aleister Black/Ricochet/Humberto Carillo to name a few off the top of my head.
    -Congrats to The Miz, who succeeded in putting over Lashley as a sympathetic babyface when nobody else could.
    -They really wasted McIntyre/Sheamus as a non-advertised TV curtainjerker? What in the fuck?
    -Why are Jax and Baszler being put over like this? Jax is fucking horrible, she’s dragging Shayna down with her. Why is Baszler, who is a legit badass, made to look like such a spineless lackey to Jax?
    -Charlotte is going to go over Asuka at Mania, isn’t she? Fuck’s sakes...
    -I feel bad for Ali, who was given a big storyline with great potential, only to get it completely botched by creative. How soon can Ali take the Retribution horse out back and move beyond this train wreck?
    -What the fuck are they doing with Braun Strowman?
    -Elias and Jaxson Ryker? Zzzzzzzzzz.
    -It must be WrestleMania season, because there’s a McMahon on my TV screen.

3/10. SmackDown just has to make it to air Friday night to beat this.
    Last edited by Tyson; March 2nd, 2021 at 12:57 AM.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations to Bobby Lashley. Huge win for his career obviously. He was TNA World champion but I feel like his career needed this victory.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lashley's sisters must be proud.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I hope they let Bobby have a nice run at the top with the title (until SummerSlam?) while Drew stays occupied with non-title matters after his Mania loss.

Never thought I’d ever type that sentence out.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Well in Bobby!

Everyone's saying it right now but it couldn't be more true - MVP is the man.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I feel like Keith Lee would be a great addition to The Hurt Business.

Lashley - WWE title
    Lee - US title
    Benjamin/Alexander - RAW tag titles

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Boy, now more than ever do I want to see Lesnar return and face Lashley at WrestleMania.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Happy for lashley, don’t think I’ve ever seen a heel transitional champion to drop the title to another heel.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the people who were fans of the Beatdown Clan in TNA saw this and smiled. I'll admit, I wasn't high on that shit where Lashley was carrying 2-3 belts and it was MVP, Kenny King, Lashley, maybe 1 other dude I can't remember because I wasn't really watching TNA at the time. *EDIT* Ok now I do remember after wikipedia search, Joe and Low Ki AND Eric fucking Young were in it. I don't remember EY but I do remember Joe and Low Ki being in it.

But we're literally seeing that same exact angle and it worked in WWE. Lashley was always going to be champion in WWE it was just figuring out the right way to do it. He also left too soon to find out what the right way truly was. If he stayed he would've been champ, probably wouldn't have been as interesting but no doubt he would've been champ.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well in Lashley!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notable absences by Styles and New Day this week.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    I feel like Keith Lee would be a great addition to The Hurt Business.

Lashley - WWE title
    Lee - US title
    Benjamin/Alexander - RAW tag titles
    Lee is his own man. He doesn't play second fiddle to anyone.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Odd seeing Retribution assisting the Hurt Business. Wouldn't it have made more sense having Bunny and Priest tossing Miz back in?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegunn View Post
    Odd seeing Retribution assisting the Hurt Business. Wouldn't it have made more sense having Bunny and Priest tossing Miz back in?
    Right there is where you fucked up and should have just left it as is lol. I thought the same shit and then felt dumb for trying to make sense of that shit.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    At least Miz held the title till March, lol.
    And he had a successful defense of his title. Miz does not need a title to be awesome. If he and Morrison lose to Bad Bunny amd Priest at Mania on night one, I'd like to see him and his dad appear on night 2 to give a small assist to Strowman over Shane, perhaps as Shane is running from the Monster backstage, Miz is talking to his dad and they both get small revenge on Shane.

Sheamus and McIntrye really delivered. This was the best match on Raw in a long, long time. The result was expected, but I am glad they got the time they did. While it might have been even better at a PPV, I don't think they would have gotten the time there. Plus, while Sheamus has been really solid for a while, his win/loss record over the last few years makes it hard to accept him as a top title contender. He has taken over the Hardcore Holly role of being the stiff worker who is a stepping stone to make the rest of the roster look good.

I suppose I am happy for Lashley, but I really don't think he deserves this. He has been BOOKED really strong ever since his loss to McIntyre at Backlash but I don't think he has ever delivered a really good 15+ minute singles match. Don't get me wrong, he has made the most of what he can do in the ring - and working with MVP as his mouthpiece has been a career-saving move. Additionally, I think the lack of the live crowd has actually helped him.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegunn View Post
    Strowman also had no business being there as McMahon called for lumberjacks and within the same episode, Strowman and McMahon were bickering.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I suppose I am happy for Lashley, but I really don't think he deserves this. He has been BOOKED really strong ever since his loss to McIntyre at Backlash but I don't think he has ever delivered a really good 15+ minute singles match. Don't get me wrong, he has made the most of what he can do in the ring - and working with MVP as his mouthpiece has been a career-saving move. Additionally, I think the lack of the live crowd has actually helped him.
    Strowman isn't always an easy dude to have a match with and they did well with what they did last week. I get your point, but he's done everything that's been presented to him and done it pretty well.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give me Sheamus vs McIntyre next week or the week after with Sheamus winning clean. Then have the final match at Fastlane in a 2/3 falls number 1 contender's match with Drew winning and moving on to Lashley at Mania.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, he had an okay match with Strowman but it was really short. Lashley is big and strong but he's far from being a great worker who could have a decent match with most of the roster. There are easily a dozen guys on the roster who are better workers than Bobby Lashley. But few have as impressive a look as he does, and that's apparently what matters.

When was the last time the top title changed hands on RAW? I recall Brock beating Kofi on Smackdown for the Fox debut, but I can't think of a top title change on RAW in a long time.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, he had an okay match with Strowman but it was really short. Lashley is big and strong but he's far from being a great worker who could have a decent match with most of the roster. There are easily a dozen guys on the roster who are better workers than Bobby Lashley. But few have as impressive a look as he does, and that's apparently what matters.

When was the last time the top title changed hands on RAW? I recall Brock beating Kofi on Smackdown for the Fox debut, but I can't think of a top title change on RAW in a long time.
    His look was never a factor imo. If it was, what took so long? It's the total package. MVP as the hype man, Lashley being more aggressive. Much better than the bullshit with Sami Zayn or the Lana bullshit. For those that didn't see this in TNA, you're seeing it now and looking back this wasn't a horrible way of using Lashley. I originally shit on it in TNA but it was more about him winning all the titles as opposed to being World champion.

I was a little negative about Drew losing the title twice already but then I thought about Stone Cold. I thought about how they passed that title around so much between Mania 14 and 15, that Stone Cold was a 3x champion when he left Mania 15. The Rock, he had barely been champion for a month before he dropped it back to Stone Cold at Mania 15.

I bring this up because it shows that it really does mean something when the man makes the belt and not the other way around. Lashley in his current form could handle a loss to Drew at Mania. With that said, I'm kind of wanting to see 2 heel champions walk out of Mania this year. It's been awhile.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He had the hype man with Lio Rush, but they didn't pull the trigger then. Granted, MVP has done much better with Lashley than Lio Rush, in part because MVP had the credibility of a guy who'd been around enough to know the story. And MVP wasn't trying to make the story about himself as much as he knew his role was to help portray Lashley better.

The stuff with Zayn failed because Lashley is terrible on the mic, and Zayn was miles ahead of him. Zayn made Lashley look foolish.

The stuff with Lana wasn't complete garbage, in the sense that it was often the most watched and re-watched segments, gaining the most comments, etc. But at the same time, it didn't do Lashley any favors either - and the few times he talked about it, he kept insisting it was great. Rusev getting canned didn't help any. The transitioning of Bobby's mouthpiece from Lana to MVP was actually done well - they used Lana as an excuse for Lashley's loss to Drew, then used that distraction as the reason Lashley dropped Lana.

I am with you in wanting heel Roman to walk out of Mania champ on the other side. And I wouldn't be so opposed to them continuing the Lashley push, if they can somehow manage to avoid exposing Lashley's significant in-ring shortcomings. I think Drew is talented enough to carry him to a watchable match is they keep it short enough. A ref bump and/or something like MVP hitting Drew in the back with his crutch, before Lashley applies the Lashley Lock / Full Nelson may be what we're looking for. A Lashley victory would give him more credibility and set up the rubber match at Backlash. And I'd like to see more of Lashley vs Keith Lee.

I have a feeling that the Miz may complain about having to have multiple matches - on a night where he wasn't medically cleared with the stomach knots - and thus be given a rematch at Fast Lane. Another placeholder keeping Drew away from Lashley until Mania. Drew, Strowman, Sheamus and Keith Lee may have a #1 contender's match at Fast Lane, where Drew can go over.

Unless, of course, they can come to terms with Brock for a Mania appearance.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get that the Lana stuff had a bunch of views but I can go pull you some videos that have 30 million views about kids and their weirdo parents making slime. The dumbest shit on the internet has the most views. Look @ Drake, his music is fucking terrible, 90 million views a track lol.

Man I forgot about Lio Rush but that was definitely fitting for the IC/US title division.

I will say this.....If they wanted to try and add interest for post-Mania shows that will have fans-I think they could get away with Drew not regaining the title until the summer. Give Drew a few buddies to help with the Hurt Business, then the blowoff will be in June. I'm honestly cool with whatever they want to do aside from Lesnar challenging and/or winning the title.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And he had a successful defense of his title. Miz does not need a title to be awesome. If he and Morrison lose to Bad Bunny amd Priest at Mania on night one, I'd like to see him and his dad appear on night 2 to give a small assist to Strowman over Shane, perhaps as Shane is running from the Monster backstage, Miz is talking to his dad and they both get small revenge on Shane.

Sheamus and McIntrye really delivered. This was the best match on Raw in a long, long time. The result was expected, but I am glad they got the time they did. While it might have been even better at a PPV, I don't think they would have gotten the time there. Plus, while Sheamus has been really solid for a while, his win/loss record over the last few years makes it hard to accept him as a top title contender. He has taken over the Hardcore Holly role of being the stiff worker who is a stepping stone to make the rest of the roster look good.

Lashley and the Hurt Business are one of the hottest acts in the company. Now is the time to strike. Bobby's also 44, so he's not getting any younger. Depending on what their plans for Drew are, this might be his only chance, so I'm happy he finally got his moment and will main event 'Mania for the second time in career.

As far as Lashley's wrestling, he was better in TNA/IMPACT. He had some good matches early in his return with Roman, but Vince clearly wants big guys to wrestle a certain style, so Lashley just hits power moves now. You can't really fault Bobby for that.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Of course we have no way of knowing for sure but from what I've seen I'd be fairly confident that with fans present Lashley's title win over Miz would've got a pretty loud positive response from the crowd.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please do not have Brock challenge him. I don't think it will be the "dream" match it could have been a few years ago. Keep Brock away, I'd rather he not come back to WWE at all. Shtick got more than stale.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Please have Brock challenge him. I think it will be the "dream" match it could have been a few years ago. Keep Brock close, I'd rather he come back to WWE at all. Shtick got more than awesome.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our differences are skin deep Donald but the seams run right through to the bone!

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Besides Lashley is the one who cost Drew the title so makes more sense for them to settle it at Mania.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Makes more sense to get Brock in and out and drew can get ot back by summer

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Brock would come back and do the job to Lashley, and they are allowed to go all at it, I'm all in. Lashley hasn't beaten anyone of caliber - Miz was clearly only a transitional champ. Its hard to count Rusty Braun who hadn't had a singles match in months, and he is now in an apparent feud with Shane/Adam Pearce, who clearly aren't much of a threat. So a win over Brock would help Lashley immensely.

Also, Brock needs Heyman, who is kind of tied up with Roman for the moment. So maybe Brock will get someone else to accompany him. Sable?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Heyman can pull double duty and you could make an angle of it as well with both men questioning Heyman's service.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Fuck me what a beautiful pic

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When Brock first returned it was great and he’s had some great matches (partially due to who he’s worked with) and do get the logic that it would help Lashley be more “legit” (though he’s mowed through most of the roster so plenty legit already).

I’m just sick of him by this point and always getting to be in the Raw Mania title match.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wanna see Lashley put Lesnar in the Hurt Lock, only for Lesnar to smile and laugh like he did in that sit up thing during a Taker match, and then give Lashley an f5 for the win. I'd then start building Tony Nese up as a guy who can't be beat. Meanwhile have Brock beat McIntyre, a Lashley rematch, and others, setting up Lesnar vs. Nese at wrestlemania 38

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    Fuck me what a beautiful pic

I'm not a fan of Shelton and Cedric, at all. With that said, I do like the image.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love everything about that except the tag titles. They're so ugg.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    I love everything about that except the tag titles. They're so ugg.
    I hate the fact that they changed the tag titles and IC title for no reason.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wish they had the Eagle world title still. Also the classic IC and tag titles.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only reason I'd want Lesnar back is if....
    - You have a compelling set of stories for McIntyre until the build to Summerslam
    - Lesnar taps out to Lashley at Mania, thus zagging for what most people were suspecting and then build a big ass match at Summerslam between Lashley and McIntyre.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; March 3rd, 2021 at 5:16 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other than burning through it, why did Miz get a rematch so quickly? You've got to give some reasoning as to why he should get a rematch, other than just bitching. That bitching was also presented in video form to start the episode so that was quite redundant. Lashley's entrance enhancements look pretty impressive. The match felt like an elongated squash but it basically served its purpose in making Lashley look tough. Is he essentially a face while everyone else in the group are heels?

The No-DQ match had a good amount of usage for the weapons to me and the physicality was solid. Drawing it out with a non finish isn't my cup of tea (and the finish was kind of silly) but they just want to keep these two together for a few more weeks so I get it.

Fun Mortal Kombat-inspired gear for New and funny spin on the MK logo with the unicorn. I'm not that excited about the tag title match but I'm honestly fine with either team winning next week.

Riddle and Slapjack was fun while it lasted. A little more of a verbal back and forth between Ali and Riddle could be useful since they went ahead and promoted that match next week. Maybe they're just too wildly different for it to play well on TV, but something actually between the two of them this week would have been a nice touch.

McMahon/Strowman is giving Wyatt/Orton or Wyatt/Strowman a run for their money for stupidest feud in WWE in recent memory. Damn, are you okay, Shane?

So they felt the need to promote matches for next week but this trend didn't seem to start last week when you have the women's tag titles defended here. The match was a nothing burger, which is equally not surprising and disappointing. It's a problem for the story if there was just as much attention to establishing the pairing of Nia and Reginald than the actual match.

If we're getting steps closer to Dana and Mandy breaking apart, which sounds like an option since they're saying they both want a shot at Asuka, that's good to me.

The main event was fine but it felt mildly pointless since it was all set up for what happened after. Hidden point: Styles keeps on winning. If Lashley has been the deliberate guy to protect via booking, Styles has been the stealth guy for that role. It seems like he hasn't lost a singles match in forever and a day. I hope they have something good for him at Mania because that's gotta be cashed in. As for the Orton side, it's wild The Fiend has been off TV for nearly three months. Bliss is good in this role but she's probably better suited to be the secondary foil, rather than the main one at this point.

Next week is the go home for Fastlane and I really don't know what Raw is going to be doing there.

Not ideal for the longterm prospects of the promising new guy if you can't find a single segment for Priest to be in while Bad Bunny isn't around.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; March 9th, 2021 at 12:49 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quick hits:

-Miz bumped his ass off, again, to make Lashley look like a million bucks.
    -I’m really struggling to remember the catalyst that lead to Sheamus’ turn on McIntyre.
    -Wyatt really needs to make an appearance, like soon.
    -Pretty good, albeit short, match between Benjamin and Woods.
    -The company completely wastes a return by a rejuvenated and transformed Strowman for this bullshit middle school storyline. Fucking embarrassing.
    -They are wasting the twilight of AJ Styles’ career, this Omos partnership is interesting but they need to do something with it pretty soon.
    -Two PPV level matchups (Sheamus/McIntyre, Styles/Orton) wasted on TV by non-finishes.
    -To add to BG’s point about Priest being wasted by the company, I fucking called it.
    -Riddle, in the ring, is very impressive; as a character, he is quickly headed towards R-Truth territory.
    -Still don’t give a shit about Jax/Baszler.
    -Still don’t give a shit about Retribution.

I can’t believe the company felt it necessary to cram a PPV between Elimination Chamber and WrestleMania, if only to artificially create a ratings bump for their Peacock debut. Like fuck, we’re just over a month away from their Super Bowl and the build has been absolute dogshit.

Hey Siri, what is a synonym for “wasted”? Because I used it four times while talking about a RAW episode during WrestleMania season. Fucking embarrassing.

Again, which feels like a weekly occurrence, SmackDown only has to make it to air Friday to beat RAW.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -I’m really struggling to remember the catalyst that lead to Sheamus’ turn on McIntyre.
    He said he wanted the title. I believe he mentioned that he was tired of being a former champion and not being in the mix again for it so if it meant taking out his friend, he was going to do that. Through their friendship, Sheamus knew all about McIntyre and felt that was enough to beat him and win the title.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    what the fuck was with that shane promo? I saw it on reddit and got about halfway through before turning it off because it was so bad.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    what the fuck was with that shane promo? I saw it on reddit and got about halfway through before turning it off because it was so bad.
    Makes me miss his outright riveting commentary for Raw Underground.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What a strange way to start a feud, but it's better than spilling coffee on someone I suppose.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Shane was supposed to be sort of a face now?

Anyway cue the standard Mania Shane match where he gets pinged around followed by some mental bump towards the end.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post

Next week is the go home for Fastlane and I really don't know what Raw is going to be doing there.
    This comes across as a pretty substantial problem. You can make guesses, yes, but there's nothing concrete there yet.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick hits:

-Miz bumped his ass off, again, to make Lashley look like a million bucks.
    -Wyatt really needs to make an appearance, like soon.
    -Pretty good, albeit short, match between Benjamin and Woods.
    -The company completely wastes a return by a rejuvenated and transformed Strowman for this bullshit middle school storyline. Fucking embarrassing.
    -They are wasting the twilight of AJ Styles’ career, this Omos partnership is interesting but they need to do something with it pretty soon.
    -Two PPV level matchups (Sheamus/McIntyre, Styles/Orton) wasted on TV by non-finishes.
    -To add to BG’s point about Priest being wasted by the company, I fucking called it.
    -Riddle, in the ring, is very impressive; as a character, he is quickly headed towards R-Truth territory.
    -Still don’t give a shit about Jax/Baszler.
    -Still don’t give a shit about Retribution.

I can’t believe the company felt it necessary to cram a PPV between Elimination Chamber and WrestleMania, if only to artificially create a ratings bump for their Peacock debut. Like fuck, we’re just over a month away from their Super Bowl and the build has been absolute dogshit.

Hey Siri, what is a synonym for “wasted”? Because I used it four times while talking about a RAW episode during WrestleMania season. Fucking embarrassing.

Again, which feels like a weekly occurrence, SmackDown only has to make it to air Friday to beat RAW.
    A lot of waste about the show. Missed opportunity putting the titles on Gonzalez/Kai. They can replay the Nia "My HOLE!" clip a thousand times more and I still wouldn't be interested in her. Her and Shayna is a dud. Neither really feels like they have any personality, yet they're paired together.

AJ should end up as a face OR a dominant title holder, in either scenario Omos turns on him, or assists him. Shit. I wouldn't mind if they put Omos with the Hurt Business as added muscle. Right now HB feels too much like it's two separate pairs rather than one four-man group.

AJ, Strowman and Riddle all being on RAW has taken away any momentum from them all. Too many talented people being wasted and I won't even get into Strowman-Shane. I shut that shit off during their second go-round. Good thing they're not in a sold-out arena or people would be throwing beach balls around out of boredom. Angry victim Strowman doesn't feel like he should be a heel, and why am I supposed to like Shane in this? There's little structure but lots of ideas off in different directions. The only consistent thing right now is Drew-Sheamus.

Retribution.... I don't know where to begin. They're just hanging around like a wet fart now.
    Enough of the Orton-Alexa/Fiend shit. It feels like he was set on fire six months ago and they keep reminding us.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After having just seen Drew-Sheamus last week, I was excited to see more - I initially thought the Sheamus attack meant Drew wouldn't get revenge until next week, but having a no-holds barred match was a pleasant surprise. I thought they might have a Sheamus win so they'd settle things at FastLane. These 2 put on another great story. I really liked the visual on Sheamus on the floor with both sets of steps strewn apart, and Drew lugging his lifeless corpse into the ring for a cover attempt, only for Sheamus to roll out, and then hit the Brogue Kick when Drew came back out after him. Whoever the agent was that helped put this series together deserves a lot of credit.

I liked Miz getting a rematch, because he's made Lashley look like a million bucks. Drew's interview questioning Lashley was okay, but it really completed the destruction of Miz's credibility - "Who'd ya beat, Lashley, the Freakin' Miz?"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell me they didn't have Shelton and Cedric lose the Tag titles on TV so New Day can be transitional champions for AJ and Omos. Hurt Bizness should have taken them all the way to 'Mania.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lashley was adequate with his promo but I'm more than fine with MVP doing the talking for him. Is Morrison starting to do his hair more like how his wife used to do hers? It's certainly a look. The stuff between McIntyre and Lashley was fine. I don't have a lot of faith in Raw booking this to peak at Mania but those two (with MVP) can do it if they're given the ammo to do so.

New week, similar kind of match for Miz. He got that championship and then pretty much got put back in his place with relative squash matches against Lashley and McIntyre in back-to-back weeks after getting obliterated in the title match.

Promising to see that Asuka was back and apparently is doing well from the injury a few weeks back. Not as promising was the actual stuff in the ring with the women's tag match. I'm pretty much confused on who is actually getting pushed and as to why. Mandy and Dana had their plea to be taken seriously as singles competitors to Charlotte last week but then they win the tag match this week. Naomi had a hell of a disappearing act. She got hit with a double flapjack and then just vanished for the rest of the match, which included a major distraction and skirmish on the outside.

Pretty dang good tag title match between THB and New Day. It's really a shame there hasn't been more of an emphasis on the division with these two teams leading the charge. I really don't have a problem with the decision to switch the titles. Looking at these two teams, they've been evenly matched and gone over each other multiple times. If you've got two competitive teams without a clear distinction in terms of who is better and they have solid matches, I can buy that either team can win. It was just New Day's night.

Hidden point: Styles keeps on winning. If Lashley has been the deliberate guy to protect via booking, Styles has been the stealth guy for that role. It seems like he hasn't lost a singles match in forever and a day. I hope they have something good for him at Mania because that's gotta be cashed in.
    Well...not so much, WWE. WTF is this idea with Omos (who hasn't wrestled consistently for a while) tagging with Styles and they get a title shot? Why?! Damn. It's not ideal when only one person really benefits from the rub and the moment and that individual is probably the one who is least worthy of it. What a step down for New Day and Styles.

Oof. If Elias is as bad as he is in the ring and got an overly-drawn out match with Priest two weeks ago, it doesn't bode well at all for Ryker that he got less than a minute against Priest. That said, it's good to see Priest get a squash match under his belt. The only thing I disliked about the interaction for Bad Bunny during the evening was just giving away the 24/7 title to Truth (though Truth was his usual silly self). It makes Bunny look noble for giving the title back to Truth but it would have been much more impactful if he had the title during the beatdown from Miz and then Truth took the title there. Would have served multiple agendas that way. Also, GREAT JOB of catching the guitar shot live...Oh well. We're on course for the tag match. I'm sure Miz and Morrison will do what they can to make Bunny and Priest look like a million bucks.

How the hell can Vince think that the stuff with Shane and Strowman is actually good? Goodness. The promo earlier was terrible and then the actual physicality wasn't that good. Shane's hops aren't what they used to be as he barely hit that landing spot. Sad. Slime is the next stupid thing being stored under the ring. It's a shame Kayla Braxton wasn't there to witness Strowman's comeuppance with slime.

I guess I'm mildly interested to see how Orton is supposed to eliminate Alexa on Sunday via punt but it's clearly a setup for The Fiend to return. We'll see if he's revamped or just got the best job in the world where he can take months off at a time and not skip a beat.

Baszler got that work from Asuka. I didn't anticipate a quick match but I think it really served the purpose of getting angry/needs to be taken seriously Asuka back. None of this being an afterthought and being scared of Alexa crap. That said...this is problematic if the edge is supposed to lead to her turning and ONCE AGAIN trying to force Charlotte as a face.

Fine US title match but sound and fury leading to nothing, it appears. Retribution is in shambles and needs something to get them in gear or split them apart. Going back to what happened earlier: I guess we're not getting any sort of payoff to the Kofi/Ali stuff right? Dumb.

Lashley doing a bit of MMA (knee-on-belly style) was actually a decent touch early on to the physicality of the match with Sheamus. There's no doubt that Sheamus is a tough dude but I doubt like a ground and pound attack from Lashley sounds like a day at the beach for him. I was told Lashley hasn't had a good 15-plus minute match and I think that point is now moot, not that I actually bought into that point . Sheamus deserves his due there. The guy has very little tread left on the tire in terms of freshness but he's really delivered since the end of 2020. I'm actually surprised they gave a clean finish here but that's just more gas on the fire that is Lashley.

Sweet Jesus, just get us through Sunday so Rhea can show up. I hope Keith Lee can come back soon.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quick hits:

-Drew completely ignoring Mike and John on his way to confront Bobby was hilarious. Great face promo by Drew, Bobby owes MVP a lot of money for saving his career, Miz and Morrison deserve better.
    -Sheamus attacking Lashley was interesting, his explanation not so much.
    -Miz getting squashed for a third consecutive week was effectively Vince saying “Thanks Mike, but it’s back to the midcard”.
    -This Braun storyline is so fucking stupid. I’m on record as a huge Strowman mark: he’s got the look, is athletic as fuck for a dude of that size, is way more entertaining than the “Always yelling always angry” guy. Vince is fucking up.
    -Credit to Killings for running with this comedy jobber gimmick the company has burdened him with, he’s on TV every week and has a title belt completely revolve around him.
    -Those two women tag teams are actually decent workers, it’s just a shame that trash is holding the titles.
    -If letting Asuka work stiff means they let Asuka be the machine they wish Nia/Shayna were, I’m all for it. A NXT-style Asuka run with the red brand women’s title, sign me the fuck up for that.
    -Love The New Day, but they really don’t need the straps now. The Hurt Business was on fire and you put that in neutral by removing the tag gold from that stable, fucking garbage.
    -Totally random Styles storyline, he deserves better.
    -Interested by Priest, really not excited to see how Vince fucks his character up.
    -Real good hoss fight. Sheamus “accidentally” bumping into MVP post match so Drew can Broguekick Bobby raised my eyebrows. Is this Sheamus/Drew friction a work, created by those two? We saw them argue/fight/make up back before Sheamus turned. I’m starting to wonder if we get these three for the red brand title at Mania so Sheamus does the job and the non-winner stays protected.

A much better event than last week, but last week sucked royal ass so very low bar. Call it a 5/10.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if they'd switch Miz-Morrison back to SD, dump off Gable & Otis on Raw and have them completely ignore history with Mandy. I really enjoy the history between Miz & Bryan is why I'd like to see them on the same show. If Bryan decides he wants to wind down his career in a year or so, Miz being the guy to end it would be another fine accomplishment for his character.

Agreed, low bar set after last week and some noted improvements in this week's show. Sometimes Raw go-home shows would feel flat but they hurried to package things together for the PPV, both Fastlane and setting up things for Mania.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Loving the Braun/Shane feud. Only thing I found interesting on last night's episode. I'm sure the match at Fastlane will end bizarrely, setting up a rematch at Mania.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Braun Strowman a few years ago = tear down rigs and tip over ambulances. Immovable object that can move well himself. Would’ve ripped Shane apart.
    Braun Strowman now = Looking for apologies and taken down by a few camera shots and covered in slime.

Build has been fucking awful but sorta intrigued how the match will turn out. Thinking maybe Shane might bring in a heavy or two plus maybe a Mean Street Posse cameo.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Braun Strowman a few years ago = tear down rigs and tip over ambulances. Immovable object that can move well himself. Would’ve ripped Shane apart.
    Braun Strowman now = Looking for apologies and taken down by a few camera shots and covered in slime.

Build has been fucking awful but sorta intrigued how the match will turn out. Thinking maybe Shane might bring in a heavy or two plus maybe a Mean Street Posse cameo.
    Braun Strowman also a few years ago and people around here marked out like it was so cool:

Even my stepson liked it lol. It was still dumb as fuck....

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Braun could’ve had so much more at Mania but a nice moment for the kid.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
    I wonder if they'd switch Miz-Morrison back to SD, dump off Gable & Otis on Raw and have them completely ignore history with Mandy. I really enjoy the history between Miz & Bryan is why I'd like to see them on the same show. If Bryan decides he wants to wind down his career in a year or so, Miz being the guy to end it would be another fine accomplishment for his character.

Agreed, low bar set after last week and some noted improvements in this week's show. Sometimes Raw go-home shows would feel flat but they hurried to package things together for the PPV, both Fastlane and setting up things for Mania.
    If Miz still has a show with his wife on USA, I figure that's likely a pairing (him and Raw) that doesn't deviate easily. They underwhelmed with the last go round between Bryan and Miz so I think that chapter has been written.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Miz is consistently entertaining, despite the fact that they often give him garbage to work with, and his character loses far too much for him to be taken seriously in the ring. He REALLY needed to get a win over Shane, especially since Shane basically disappeared right afterward. I'd agree that his last go-round with DB underwhelmed, but as much as I'd like to see them reignite that for a farewell for one of them, I have always gotten the impression that both DB and Miz respect the business too much, and would prefer to give a farewell rub to an up and coming talent. Keith Lee and/or Riddle come to mind as potential 3 or 4-month stories to end a full-time career for Miz. As for who should be DB's farewell feud, they will probably go with Corbin.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Miz is consistently entertaining, despite the fact that they often give him garbage to work with, and his character loses far too much for him to be taken seriously in the ring. He REALLY needed to get a win over Shane, especially since Shane basically disappeared right afterward. I'd agree that his last go-round with DB underwhelmed, but as much as I'd like to see them reignite that for a farewell for one of them, I have always gotten the impression that both DB and Miz respect the business too much, and would prefer to give a farewell rub to an up and coming talent. Keith Lee and/or Riddle come to mind as potential 3 or 4-month stories to end a full-time career for Miz. As for who should be DB's farewell feud, they will probably go with Corbin.
    Shane was around until October, consistently. That was during the peak of his "best in the world" bullshit that lasted forever until KO beat him in the ladder match.

IMO, Shane should have never turned heel and Miz should have been the one who turned on Shane. I hated so much of that year because there was just wayyyy too much Shane McMahon.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I must have blocked it out.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lashley was adequate with his promo but I'm more than fine with MVP doing the talking for him. Is Morrison starting to do his hair more like how his wife used to do hers? It's certainly a look. The stuff between McIntyre and Lashley was fine. I don't have a lot of faith in Raw booking this to peak at Mania but those two (with MVP) can do it if they're given the ammo to do so.

New week, similar kind of match for Miz. He got that championship and then pretty much got put back in his place with relative squash matches against Lashley and McIntyre in back-to-back weeks after getting obliterated in the title match.

Promising to see that Asuka was back and apparently is doing well from the injury a few weeks back. Not as promising was the actual stuff in the ring with the women's tag match. I'm pretty much confused on who is actually getting pushed and as to why. Mandy and Dana had their plea to be taken seriously as singles competitors to Charlotte last week but then they win the tag match this week. Naomi had a hell of a disappearing act. She got hit with a double flapjack and then just vanished for the rest of the match, which included a major distraction and skirmish on the outside.

Pretty dang good tag title match between THB and New Day. It's really a shame there hasn't been more of an emphasis on the division with these two teams leading the charge. I really don't have a problem with the decision to switch the titles. Looking at these two teams, they've been evenly matched and gone over each other multiple times. If you've got two competitive teams without a clear distinction in terms of who is better and they have solid matches, I can buy that either team can win. It was just New Day's night.

Well...not so much, WWE. WTF is this idea with Omos (who hasn't wrestled consistently for a while) tagging with Styles and they get a title shot? Why?! Damn. It's not ideal when only one person really benefits from the rub and the moment and that individual is probably the one who is least worthy of it. What a step down for New Day and Styles.

Oof. If Elias is as bad as he is in the ring and got an overly-drawn out match with Priest two weeks ago, it doesn't bode well at all for Ryker that he got less than a minute against Priest. That said, it's good to see Priest get a squash match under his belt. The only thing I disliked about the interaction for Bad Bunny during the evening was just giving away the 24/7 title to Truth (though Truth was his usual silly self). It makes Bunny look noble for giving the title back to Truth but it would have been much more impactful if he had the title during the beatdown from Miz and then Truth took the title there. Would have served multiple agendas that way. Also, GREAT JOB of catching the guitar shot live...Oh well. We're on course for the tag match. I'm sure Miz and Morrison will do what they can to make Bunny and Priest look like a million bucks.

How the hell can Vince think that the stuff with Shane and Strowman is actually good? Goodness. The promo earlier was terrible and then the actual physicality wasn't that good. Shane's hops aren't what they used to be as he barely hit that landing spot. Sad. Slime is the next stupid thing being stored under the ring. It's a shame Kayla Braxton wasn't there to witness Strowman's comeuppance with slime.

I guess I'm mildly interested to see how Orton is supposed to eliminate Alexa on Sunday via punt but it's clearly a setup for The Fiend to return. We'll see if he's revamped or just got the best job in the world where he can take months off at a time and not skip a beat.

Baszler got that work from Asuka. I didn't anticipate a quick match but I think it really served the purpose of getting angry/needs to be taken seriously Asuka back. None of this being an afterthought and being scared of Alexa crap. That said...this is problematic if the edge is supposed to lead to her turning and ONCE AGAIN trying to force Charlotte as a face. .
    I would actually kinda love it if Randy goes to punt Alexa, but NIkki comes in and tries to save her. He punts her instead, and that kinda starts to snap Alexa out of the spell of the Fiend. Then you can have HIM show up and do stuff with Randy right after that, and you can build to a transition of either she goes even further down the rabbit hole, or comes out completely.

As for Asuka. I would love it if they run with a "fuck you up" Asuka, and eventually if they do go ahead with a "face" Charlotte, they still have Asuka win. Why? It gives Asuak revenge for the Mania loss and streak break, she retains her title, and can fued with Rhea, who should have been position for the spot for a long time. Also, Charlotte can take a break (if she wants it) to start a family. She mentioned it on the Stone Cold show with her, so I would think that's on her mind. That, and Andrade (who they left in that Austin mentioned), and now would be a good time to do it really. Let's be honest, Asuka is too loveable and Charlotte is too hateable. Since they want to have people in the stands at Mania, there is no way a majority of them would boo Asuka or cheer Charlotte. ESPECIALLY if she wins. You'd have a Roman situation all over again.

Strowman stuff is cringe and is a factor for people not staying tuned in. They really missed the moment with him. That time he gravity gun threw that chair full force at Roman's head is the moment to push him to the top.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thankfully, Rhea debuts on Raw this coming Monday.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It would be great if they didn't screw it up.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they should run it back with Charlotte v. Rhea Ripley. I'm sure they would love to have the title involved but I don't think we need it here. Give Rhea the win and they can have the rubber match for one of the women's titles at Summerslam.

I don't want to see Asuka in that story until after Mania. Asuka could do a 4-way or gauntlet where she just comes out looking super strong. They could get the titles off Nia and Shayna and give Shayna a title shot against Asuka. Shayna beats Asuka then goes on to feud with Rhea for the belt.

Sad thing is, we're a few weeks away from Mania so they need to get the ball rolling now. Rhea v. Asuka could very well happen since Lacey getting preggo fucked up everything.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Red Charlotte has the covid

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    No idea what blue Charlotte has.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ASUKA VS RHEA AT MANIA LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lashley (c) vs. Sheamus - Non-title match
    Hey! They started Raw with a match. It was a rematch but I'll take it! The match didn't exactly slap the same as it did last week but it was good, then it had the wrinkle of the rest of THB and their interference. It was an interesting wrinkle to have Benjamin and Alexander taking the initiative to interfere to make things easier for Lashley to get the win. The confusion came from the fact Lashley and MVP seemed to be out of the loop as to why the tag team was doing what they were doing. McIntyre coming out after the match to clear Alexander/Benjamin indirectly helped Sheamus and then led to the stare down between Lashley/McIntyre. I'm glad they immediately addressed it after the break with how MVP admonished them for tarnishing Lashley's image.

Asuka vs. Peyton - Non-title match
    Good for them to actually use Raw talk as a means to set up a match. The transitions didn't hit as cleanly as you would hope and Peyton's punches left more to be desired but she didn't look lost. She held her own but it did feel like it took a bit of time to get clicking. If Peyton is going to get a push, then I like the fact that she took as much of the match as she did as that creates a turning point. If she isn't, this back and forth kind of took the ferocity out of Asuka, after giving her more intensity one week prior after returning from her concussion. Time will tell, but I tend to think it is the latter. Despite the back and forth, this match result was never in doubt.

Asuka/Rhea confrontation
    Good on them for admitting that Charlotte had Covid. This is an emphatic way for Rhea to debut. She's not working her way up the card, she's challenging the champ. Great to see two of the more recent dominant champs in NXT cross paths at Mania. Yes, it's a little silly that Rhea debuts and goes right to the front of the line but now they hopefully use the next two weeks to heat her up and let her work (hopefully via dominant squashes) do the talking to hype the match. I don't *think* they're going to do it, but the calendar suggest they still have a backdoor path to bringing Charlotte in before Mania to make it a triple threat. According to her recently-released beau, she's set to get a clear bill of health by the end of the week. Not sure that's ideal but I can see it happening.

Miz TV
    We got the obvious setup by Miz and Morrison being ticked at Bad Bunny for thinking he deserves to be a part of WWE just because he's an award-winning artist. 'Hey Hey Hop Hop' is corny as hell but it's a fitting way for those two to get heat. It was interesting that Miz challenged Bad Bunny to a singles match. That's either a ruse for the tag match or Morrison's knee is more injured than originally discussed. I guess the third option is they have faith in Miz and Bad Bunny to put together a match. That third option seems shortsighted because Priest is the dude who needs the help most and is primed to have more upward trajectory out of any of the four.

Miz vs. Hardy
    Hardy questioned the manhood of the Miz by having Morrison ringside. I would have chuckled if Miz didn't care about that and had Morrison stay, but having Morrison leave was a nice touch to freshen up the match. It's Hardy so of course the equalizing aspect didn't matter and Miz beat Hardy outright lol. Bad Bunny gave the receipt to Miz with a chair shot of his own and accepted the challenge from the Miz.

An nWo video package sprinkled into a Carmax commercial was jarring but...quite alright. The 1990's just slapped me across the face and I just took it.

Styles vs. Kingston
    Styles' promo about claiming their team is an unstoppable force in the making really didn't do anything for me. I'll let it slide because it was clearly a setup to get New Day out to the ring. While the first part was bland, Kingston/Woods/Styles/Omos displayed fun comedic timing. Styles going into "A-J-Rocks" to mock New Day and Woods yelling "I can't watch this show. Cut to commercial" was hilarious. Pretty formulaic setup by WWE's standards to have the tag match broken up into singles matches to fill time before Mania. I really appreciate how both members of New Day openly went into a phase of hesitancy when they got near Omos. There's no real reason we should believe Omos is a threat other than he's tall, but that attention to detail does help from a storytelling sense. Woods is always so damn good as a second during matches. He's invested in the match and hangs on every action. No surprise to see Kingston and Styles have a good one. The SOS actually won a match and Styles actually lost? Wow!

Sheamus interview
    He answered everything he needed to in regards to the past 24 hours. He wanted to take Lashley on because he's a fighter. He wasn't happy with McIntyre inserting himself into the opening match, but saw it was respect. It looks like we got the tease of what was next for parties as Riddle was Riddle and meddling around in the back on his scooter. I guess that's better than nothing for the two of them for Mania. Unfortunately we've already seen that match but it would be a banger.

McIntyre vs. Alexander and Benjamin - Handicap match
    While the stipulation (if McIntyre won, these two were banned from ringside at Mania) was important, this didn't really do a lot for me. I think it kind of hurt that McIntyre wasn't selling the effects of the brutal match last night. That hurt, but I liked the dynamics they tried to present. Benjamin was wrestling and pushing McIntyre when they were in there and Alexander was there to be a bumping machine for McIntyre. To be fair, those two (especially Alexander) did their jobs really well. I did think it was kind of cool that the Glasgow Kiss kind of lit a fire in McIntyre to wreck them both to finish the match. Going from tag champs to losing a handicap match in less than a month is less than ideal lol. Interesting proposition by Lashley, after being pissed at THB, to offer what was essentially a bounty on McIntyre. Unfortunately the crop was the 24/7 crew so I don't think he's going to have luck.

Mandy and Dana vs. Nia and Shayna - Non-title match
    Naomi and Lana were doing commentary for this match but it was much of nothing. Actually it was kind of cringeworthy in moments. Of course, Reginald was around so he was more of a story for the segment than the actual match. Mandy and Dana were no threat because they were booked to look way inferior and they were way too distracted by Reginald. Shayna not having any of Reginald was probably the only redeeming part of the segment. They're burning through challengers and don't have a lot of options left.

Strowman vs. Elias
    Goodness. We needed a rematch off the hot, impromptu match from the PPV? The answer is no. No, we did not. Did we need a singing segment with Elias and McMahon? The answer is no. No, we did not. So they added train sound effects for the Strowman Express (the running charges on the outside). It was as stupid and cheesy. Strowman won in convincing fashion and it was revealed McMahon's knee wasn't that hurt as he ran off rather easily after hitting Strowman with the crutch.

Orton summons The Fiend
    This went by relatively fast. Orton got to say bullshit without it being censored lol. Orton's plan was just to light him on fire again? That didn't seem like a very good plan, since it clearly didn't work the first time. There wasn't a lot here other than The Fiend hitting him with Sister Abigail and then Alexa pointing to the Mania sign.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Going to try a new format:

Positives:

-Badass Asuka.
    -Rhea Ripley on her RAW debut, demanding and receiving a title shot at Mania. While part of me wishes they would have built her up as this upstoppable force by running through the RAW Women’s roster for the next 6-7 months, we might as well strap the rocket to her and put her over Asuka.
    -Peyton Royce hanging albeit falling short against Asuka.

Negatives:

-In a matter of weeks, The Hurt Business has gone from running RAW to on the verge of disbanding.
    -Lashley going from unstoppable force to begging for assistance from the 24/7 title jobbers (poor Ricochet).
    -Which of the over-protected monsters (McIntyre/Lashley) does the job? I feel like the red brand needs the third member in the title match more than the blue brand, I’m totally fine with my dude Edge putting over Roman Reigns.
    -This bullshit Braun Strowman storyline.
    -Dragging out (repeating?) this Orton/Fiend storyline.
    -Bad Bunny (tentatively?) getting a singles match at Mania, when the company really should be trying to maximize the mileage on the 38 year old Damian Priest.
    -New Day and AJ Styles carrying the storyline so that Omos can wrestle 2 minutes and win the tag titles at Mania. Omos does seem like he’s comfortable on the mic, at least.
    -Vince thinking we give a shit about Jax/Baszler. If Shayna snaps on Nia, would she be the face by default?
    -The thought of Sheamus jobbing to Riddle at Mania.
    -No Ali/Retribution fallout.

Is that a good ratio from your “flagship” show, less than three weeks out from your Super Bowl? Vince needs to give his balls a tug.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Going to try a new format:

Positives:

-Badass Asuka.
    -Rhea Ripley on her RAW debut, demanding and receiving a title shot at Mania. While part of me wishes they would have built her up as this upstoppable force by running through the RAW Women’s roster for the next 6-7 months, we might as well strap the rocket to her and put her over Asuka.
    -Peyton Royce hanging albeit falling short against Asuka.

Negatives:

-In a matter of weeks, The Hurt Business has gone from running RAW to on the verge of disbanding.
    -Lashley going from unstoppable force to begging for assistance from the 24/7 title jobbers (poor Ricochet).
    -Which of the over-protected monsters (McIntyre/Lashley) does the job? I feel like the red brand needs the third member in the title match more than the blue brand, I’m totally fine with my dude Edge putting over Roman Reigns.
    -This bullshit Braun Strowman storyline.
    -Dragging out (repeating?) this Orton/Fiend storyline.
    -Bad Bunny (tentatively?) getting a singles match at Mania, when the company really should be trying to maximize the mileage on the 38 year old Damian Priest.
    -New Day and AJ Styles carrying the storyline so that Omos can wrestle 2 minutes and win the tag titles at Mania. Omos does seem like he’s comfortable on the mic, at least.
    -Vince thinking we give a shit about Jax/Baszler. If Shayna snaps on Nia, would she be the face by default?
    -The thought of Sheamus jobbing to Riddle at Mania.
    -No Ali/Retribution fallout.

Is that a good ratio from your “flagship” show, less than three weeks out from your Super Bowl? Vince needs to give his balls a tug.
    Crispy fiend?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Sounds awful to be honest.

Why have they done this to Lashley/the Hurt Business a few weeks away from the show? The explanation seems to be that they're worried Lashley will be cheered over Drew at Mania so they've decided to turn him into a coward all of a sudden. Dreadful.

Rhea getting the shot at Asuka is good but the decision to wait to debut her looks to have backfired with the Evans pregnancy/Charlotte's situation. Ripley was one of the final two in the Rumble along with Belair but she finally turns up 3 weeks removed from the show and the momentum's gone. Fine though. I suppose it'd have been worse if she'd been on TV every week losing or giving shit promos.

And Damian Priest isn't even in the match lol. Christ.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I feel like Jeff Hardy should be in championship matches, but yet he's been in meaningless feuds with Sheamus, Elias, and now jobbing to the fucking Miz. Oy vey.

I know he was in the Elimination Chamber, but man no one expected him to win that did they?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curious to see if the Ali/Retribution stuff is address before or after Mania.

Reginald needs to go into the vault and grab The Revival's old shirts and switch it around: 'No Fists, Just Flips'

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sheamus delivered yet another top quality match, getting the most out of Lashley. It would be great if he challenges Stoner Riddle to a US title match at Mania, only for Riddle to tell him "I'll take on all comers, but shouldn't you have to win at least one match out of your last half-dozen before getting a title shot? I mean Bro, you lost to Lashley a few times, and to Drew a few times" - showing clips of Sheamus getting pinned over and over etc. WWE would never do this, but the confused Riddle could make this fun.

I thoroughly enjoyed every moment that the Miz was on TV last night. Looking forward to the full "Hey Hey Hop Hop" video next week.

I don't want to see the Hurt Business fold apart. MVP did well expressing how Cedric/Shelton embarassed Lashley, but Cedric or Shelton should have questioned him why he wasn't out there supporting them in their tag match last week?

Kofi getting the win over AJ Styles was a shocker, as AJ has been very protected. They let Big Omos talk more than a few words, and he didn't mess it up. I wouldn't mind if he sees how AJ is using him and he becomes a NEW New Day member. LOVED Woods saying "I can't watch this, cut to commercial"

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm most looking forward to Omos wrestling at WrestleMania.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I'm most looking forward to Omos wrestling at WrestleMania.
    Shocked

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    The train sounds for Strowman.

Have no interest at all in Shane/Braun, Bunny/Miz or Fiend/Orton.

The rest, pretty much. Mostly looking forward to Rhea and Asuka though.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Pretty sure they've had the train sounds for Strowman for a few months now...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Really? Shows how much I watch.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure they've had the train sounds for Strowman for a few months now...
    I don't think he has.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was so confused about what the hell S E was on the titantron for Strowmans entrance because I don't really watch RAW. I did obviously figure it out.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't think he has.
    If I recall they started doing the Strowman Express thing with train sounds during the Bray Wyatt feud last year.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thigh slapping = bad
    Train sounds = good

Makes sense.

Everywhere I've seen them mentioned, other than Donald's posts, are saying this was the debut of the sound effects. But then, Donald is a bit of a Strowmanophile, so...

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I recall they started doing the Strowman Express thing with train sounds during the Bray Wyatt feud last year.
    Train sound for the intro of his theme? Yeah. Train sound for his running charges ringside? Think that's new (unless you've been manifesting in your mind).

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I didn't even know about the running charges train sounds haha. That's hella lame if so. Up there with creaking board sounds and Ricochet sound effects.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I didn't even know about the running charges train sounds haha. That's hella lame if so. Up there with creaking board sounds and Ricochet sound effects.
    Yeah, figured this had to be the case.

Lamest thing I've possibly ever seen, or heard, in wrestling. Now that's a hell of a statement right there!

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I didn't watch RAW this week, just read the results....just watched the clip of Strowman on YouTube and oh my...who thought that was a good idea?

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I didn't watch RAW this week, just read the results....just watched the clip of Strowman on YouTube and oh my...who thought that was a good idea?
    I don't even know what you're referring to, but I could say that about most of his booking since August

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They have fucking train sound effects when he runs around the ring slamming into people! RIDICULOUS!

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually caught the second half of this show in the background while I was doing homework. I live right by a train, and I had to double check to make sure it was actually coming from the show. Just imagine them doing that live with a crowd.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    I actually caught the second half of this show in the background while I was doing homework. I live right by a train, and I had to double check to make sure it was actually coming from the show. Just imagine them doing that live with a crowd.
    Why imagine when you can just wait 2 weeks?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to Braun debuting his new ring gear at Mania...

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this doesn't lead to Braun doing a conjunction junction reference in his promo, then WWE will have failed us on a fundamental level....which we may never fully recover from.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Thigh slapping = bad
    Train sounds = good

Makes sense.

Everywhere I've seen them mentioned, other than Donald's posts, are saying this was the debut of the sound effects. But then, Donald is a bit of a Strowmanophile, so...
    I can't believe people thought this was a real story. I've been specifically watching the fuck out of everyone since this "news" dropped and I'm seeing thigh slapping still going strong. Drew did it like 100x in his match this past Sunday against Sheamus, I thought he was trolling lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Looking forward to Braun debuting his new ring gear at Mania...

That's his next tag-team partner after Nick got too old.