Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,600 of 4451

Thread: The Official Monday Night RAW Thread

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Tyrone; October 5th, 2021 at 2:08 PM.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And outside of Drew nobody really stands out as main-event worthy for an opponent to Reigns. I wouldn't mind seeing Drew vs. Sheamus happen again. There's only a few "fight forever" duos I could enjoy and that's one of them.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Raw, as currently constructed, comes off as face heavy for the men. Smackdown, as currently constructed, comes off as light on faces for the men.
    Main eventers and fringe candidates, the pecking order as I see it.

RAW faces: Big E (c), Finn, Edge, Damian Priest, Kevin Owens.

RAW heels: Bobby, Randy, Seth, Gable (probably?), AJ, Keith, Miz, Karrion

SmackDown faces: Drew, Kofi, Nakamura, Cesaro, Xavier, Ricochet

SmackDown heels: Roman (c), Sheamus, Ridge (probably?), Corbin, Sami, Jinder

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do they look at the smackdown main event scene and think it's good?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    Because they’re planning on Roman being champ for a little while longer?

I bet there is one executive in Stamford picturing Gable winning the 2022 Rumble and taking the belt off Roman at Mania. Gable, for better or worse, is probably going to get pushed to the moon…

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because it's still centered around Reigns.

I don't know how long Lesnar will be in the picture but he's there now. E will be in the picture for November. That probably leaves McIntyre and Hardy to fill the gap before Mania.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Because it's still centered around Reigns.

I don't know how long Lesnar will be in the picture but he's there now. E will be in the picture for November. That probably leaves McIntyre and Hardy to fill the gap before Mania.
    I’ve got $50 that says Lesnar only showed up for the massive Saudi payday.

I feel like Drew v Roman should be held off until Mania, but I don’t see Vince having the self-control to do that. Drew/Sheamus has been done to death, Drew/Jinder just recently finished. I see two viable placeholder options: Drew/Sami would be very interesting, Drew would add immediate credibility to Ridge Holland.

The blatantly obvious answer is a quasi-heel turn for Drew because Kofi/Xavier helped E retain at Crown Jewel, but Vince is seemingly hellbent on Superman face Drew McIntyre, a la John Cena/Shield era Roman Reigns.

EDIT: I look at that pecking order, I see four categories where a certain Monster Among Men could step right into the #2 hole and improve the depth considerably. Let Adam enjoy some time running with his boys in the indies, then at the Rumble we all are surprised by “BRAUNNNNNNNNNN!!!”
    Last edited by Tyson; October 5th, 2021 at 4:38 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smackdown's roster just looks in shambles. Even if they have Brock vs Roman for the next two months and then the brand war in November, what is Drew going to do? most of the opponents that moved like Jinder and Sheamus have been done to death. Sami has no credibility right now. Are we really to believe Sami vs Drew is the 2nd best men's feud on the smackdown side? It's top heavy with Roman, Charlotte, Brock and then drops off a cliff. Yikes.

Happy Corbin vs Nakamura again? or Nakamura vs Jinder? Cesaro vs Sheamus again? take my money lol

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smackdown could use Bray Wyatt and Braun right about now.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Smackdown's roster just looks in shambles. Even if they have Brock vs Roman for the next two months and then the brand war in November, what is Drew going to do? most of the opponents that moved like Jinder and Sheamus have been done to death. Sami has no credibility right now. Are we really to believe Sami vs Drew is the 2nd best men's feud on the smackdown side? It's top heavy with Roman, Charlotte, Brock and then drops off a cliff. Yikes.

Happy Corbin vs Nakamura again? or Nakamura vs Jinder? Cesaro vs Sheamus again? take my money lol
    It absolutely boggles my mind how a billion dollar company can be so mismanaged and unorganized. Event rewrites in the hours leading up to that particular event should definitely not be part of the regular process.

I know varsity football coaches who have more clarity with regards to long-term planning…

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see what you're saying in general but it's also a two-hour show. Reigns/The Bloodline will do most of the heavy lifting over the course of the shows. They barely did anything with the ladies and there's always a chance that they might make more than one female storyline on the show. If you find 2-4 compelling tag teams, that fills up time as well.

Their talent is not in shambles. The booking is the problem. They shouldn't be relying on all of those people you mentioned. They need to look at the fresh people they drafted. Look at Hit Row, Ridge Holland, Garza/Carrillo, Toni, Xia. Ricochet is found money and they need to do something with him or just let him go.

Main point: that third hour is a noose for Raw and I imagine a roster "in shambles" will still be fine.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    doesn't it say something that you listed 1 guy to do the heavy lifting on Smackdown? There isn't anyone else that I want to go out of my way to watch. On Raw, there's Big E, Finn, Rollins, Kross, Keith Lee, RKBroy, AJ, etc. Despite some bad booking for Lee and Kross, they are still fresh. Corbin, Sheamus, Hardy, and Jinder are been there done that.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    doesn't it say something that you listed 1 guy to do the heavy lifting on Smackdown? There isn't anyone else that I want to go out of my way to watch. On Raw, there's Big E, Finn, Rollins, Kross, Keith Lee, RKBroy, AJ, etc. Despite some bad booking for Lee and Kross, they are still fresh. Corbin, Sheamus, Hardy, and Jinder are been there done that.
    Still not disagreeing with your point but they're probably looking at it as: if it ain't broke, don't try and fix it. My counter to your point would be that it's generally been a better show than Raw despite that. That's clearly subjective but I think a majority of people would agree over the course of at least the last 6-12 months. Raw needs that depth because they have more competition to face and more time to fill. And you reiterated names that you brought up already, and I already mentioned names they should use or have the ability to use that aren't what you listed.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still not disagreeing with your point but they're probably looking at it as: if it ain't broke, don't try and fix it. My counter to your point would be that it's generally been a better show than Raw despite that. That's clearly subjective but I think a majority of people would agree over the course of at least the last 6-12 months. Raw needs that depth because they have more competition to face and more time to fill. And you reiterated names that you brought up already, and I already mentioned names they should use or have the ability to use that aren't what you listed.
    it was better before the draft. we'll see if that's still the case

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quality not quantity. Smackdown has been criticised in the past for seemingly getting the short end of the stick in the draft yet it turns out the better show almost all the time. I’d say booking quality has a lot to do with it.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sami Zayn v. Drew McIntyre would be a great feud. You're basing all of this on what you see on paper. The changes haven't even gone into affect.

Raw isn't any better. BG said pretty much everything that needs to be said. Plus you're completely disregarding the women's division on Smackdown looking sweet.

Give it some time. You've basically jumped the gun because you don't see a bunch of names on one show. Oh well. Smackdown has always been dealt a shitty hand in these drafts and they pull it off more often than not. It's been the better show of the 2 for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    It absolutely boggles my mind how a billion dollar company can be so mismanaged and unorganized. Event rewrites in the hours leading up to that particular event should definitely not be part of the regular process.

I know varsity football coaches who have more clarity with regards to long-term planning…
    You must be new. This is something that has been going on since wrestling came in to existence. Do you really think these companies have shows written months in advance? Things change. Just speaking on WWE, they probably have long term goals but shit happens. Some characters get hurt, don't get over, sometimes the storyline just stucks and they ditch it.

Plenty of shoots with Bruce, Cornette, Russo, etc. talking about how they'd get together a few days in advance and write tv and then something would happen where they'd change it the night of, sometimes even during the show.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Quality not quantity. Smackdown has been criticised in the past for seemingly getting the short end of the stick in the draft yet it turns out the better show almost all the time. I’d say booking quality has a lot to do with it.
    Exactly, quality over quantity. I'm looking at the changes in rosters and I don't really see where anyone benefited more than the other. Raw lost Drew but gained Seth. Smackdown lost Becky and Bianca but gained Charlotte and Shayna. Smackdown lost Alpha Academy and gained New Day. They lost Apollo Crews but gained Ricochet and Jeff Hardy.

Let's be honest, it's not like Seth and Rey Mysterio did much for the Raw ratings with their 900 month feud. And guess what, they're on the same show together again...yay. Big E is champion but who does he have lined up waiting for him? Seth maybe. I guess if AJ breaks away from Omos we have AJ v. Big E. There aren't really any top tier heels other than Seth that Big E is going to be fighting.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it was better before the draft. we'll see if that's still the case
    They've got plenty of fresh faces between all divisions to spice it up. For whatever reason, the same booking crew somehow makes Smackdown more watchable so since THAT hasn't changed, as far as we know, I have little reason to be as skeptical as you.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Sami Zayn v. Drew McIntyre would be a great feud. You're basing all of this on what you see on paper. The changes haven't even gone into affect.

Raw isn't any better. BG said pretty much everything that needs to be said. Plus you're completely disregarding the women's division on Smackdown looking sweet.

Give it some time. You've basically jumped the gun because you don't see a bunch of names on one show. Oh well. Smackdown has always been dealt a shitty hand in these drafts and they pull it off more often than not. It's been the better show of the 2 for a long time.
    I am just not excited about the Smackdown roster. Guys like Jinder (your favorite) Sheamus, Corbin, and Jeff Hardy aren't fresh faces. I am also bored with Nakamura and his king gimmick. Usually when we think Smackdown gets the short end of the stick it's because of the lack of main eventers but at the same time they have fresh faces.

I wasn't referring to the women's division since the discussion started on the men's main event and midcard scene.

The writing/booking can still be solid but if the wrestlers are stale then there's only so much they can do.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've got plenty of fresh faces between all divisions to spice it up. For whatever reason, the same booking crew somehow makes Smackdown more watchable so since THAT hasn't changed, as far as we know, I have little reason to be as skeptical as you.
    I don't think smackdown's men's division has plenty of fresh faces at all. The roster seems stale to me. They moved guys from raw to smackdown like Jinder and Sheamus that just feuded with Drew. The only logical opponent for Drew right now is Sami and he's won like 3 singles matches in the last year. I think the creative on Smackdown has been really good over the last year. We'll see how it is with some of the guys I don't care about.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think smackdown's men's division has plenty of fresh faces at all. The roster seems stale to me. They moved guys from raw to smackdown like Jinder and Sheamus that just feuded with Drew. The only logical opponent for Drew right now is Sami and he's won like 3 singles matches in the last year. I think the creative on Smackdown has been really good over the last year. We'll see how it is with some of the guys I don't care about.
    Do you care about Ricochet, Swerve Scott, Ridge Holland, and Garza/Carrillo?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you care about Ricochet, Swerve Scott, Ridge Holland, and Garza/Carrillo?
    Garza/Carillo is a tag team. I was referring to men's single division

Ricochet-hasn't been used or looked like a jobber the last year. are we just assuming he's all of a sudden going to be used?

Ridge-he's been around a few months since injury. I haven't seen a good Ridge Holland promo or match yet. He's a fresh face but can't say right now.

Swerve-he's one that I can see good things for.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was referring to men's single division
    I think your scope of the discussion is a little too narrow. Smackdown isn't a men's singles division only show. Yes, that aspect is the main facet but it's going to be fine. The rest, which has the potential to be refreshed, is fine.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your scope of the discussion is a little too narrow. Smackdown isn't a men's singles division only show. Yes, that aspect is the main facet but it's going to be fine. The rest, which has the potential to be refreshed, is fine.
    the conversation started because someone listed the men's singles roster. All I said is the raw roster on the singles side looks better and more fresh than Smackdown. I'd argue there is one guy on smackdown that can challenge roman after Brock. I am not going to sugarcoat the fact i think the roster is shit. If everything is fine then no point to discuss anything lol. We can take the wait and see approach with anything but that's not fun.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the conversation started because someone listed the men's singles roster. All I said is the raw roster on the singles side looks better and more fresh than Smackdown. I'd argue there is one guy on smackdown that can challenge roman after Brock. I am not going to sugarcoat the fact i think the roster is shit. If everything is fine then no point to discuss anything lol. We can take the wait and see approach with anything but that's not fun.
    Fair enough lol, but I think the show has the potential to be better all around while the top remains the same. The show has actually been reliant on you liking the top story in a lot of ways. So if that gets a little worse, but the rest gets better…seems like a situation that still provides an entertaining or watchable show based on the standard they’ve established.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am just not excited about the Smackdown roster. Guys like Jinder (your favorite) Sheamus, Corbin, and Jeff Hardy aren't fresh faces. I am also bored with Nakamura and his king gimmick. Usually when we think Smackdown gets the short end of the stick it's because of the lack of main eventers but at the same time they have fresh faces.

I wasn't referring to the women's division since the discussion started on the men's main event and midcard scene.

The writing/booking can still be solid but if the wrestlers are stale then there's only so much they can do.
    I won't deny my lack of interest toward anything Corbin or Jinder related. But that's more about being overused and in the main event scene. When Jinder was US champion, I felt that was more his lane, not dominating the World title scene when Nakamura and Bray Wyatt were on fire that year.

What I like about Sheamus is the idea that he could finally win the IC title--plus a reunion with Cesaro. Jeff Hardy is one of the most over babyfaces of all time, the numbers don't lie, the crowd doesn't lie. He's said in several interviews he's never even wrestled Roman Reigns before so I have no doubt we're going to see that match in some way shape or form if Jeff doesn't fuck it up.

I don't really see anything super promising about Raw. A lot of those wrestlers were only on Smackdown for the last year and are now back. Rollins, The Mysterios, KO, Becky Lynch, Bianca Belair, Edge, Finn Balor was a Raw guy pre-NXT stint. And just like Smackdown the only real fresh aspect is the champion. Roman Reigns, totally different dude than he was when guys like Jeff Hardy were on SD. Big E was doing alright for himself but now look, he's the man. This will allow the writers to be able to focus on everyone else that needs it. They don't have to worry about Roman or Big E's storylines for the most part.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In case some people have forgotten, Corey Graves is a heel.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, they actually gave Theory a win in his debut. Color me shocked.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Did Shayna winning look good or just like yet another quick match that doesn't mean anything in this tournament?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Elias last seen 8-23

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just caught the highlights from Youtube. Man, RAW is such a wasteland.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ricochet/Woods was pretty good, really cranking up at the end. Seems like Woods has his path to the Finals. If he gets there, still think it will be Bálor waiting for him. Nightmare fuel is the idea of Mahal winning this.

Another argument against making these QCT matches so short: why make things harder from a time-filling perspective? I guess you can make a point on Smackdown but Raw is three hours. On a three-hour show, I don't really know how it's helpful to run short matches.

They're spinning their wheels with the tag championship feud.

Pretty surprised they didn't bungle things with Theory's debut match. They had Hardy face Kross to debut and ruined that, but luckily enough they didn't do that here. I'm guessing the saving grace is that Hardy is going to Smackdown so they're jobbing him out the door. I hope Theory uses the Ataxia as his finisher, but I'm guessing it'll actually just be the ATL.

The bickering between Sasha & Bianca was much more entertaining than the bickering between Becky & Charlotte. Of course WWE booked a big man and opted to go with a DQ finish.

Despite last being seen feuding with each other, Miz and Morrison decided to be very blue tonight on their respective TV shows.

I guess Mansoor is getting a match against Ali at Crown Jewel. Should be a dub for Mansoor.

The Mega Powers-like handshake was a funny touch when E and McIntyre got on the same page prior to the match. Of course that went to crap as the match happened. The theme of the night was that most of these makeshift teams don't do very well in the coexisting category. Kind of surprised that they didn't use this as an opportunity to job the champs out, so I guess there was logic implemented there. Even that couldn't last because The Usos got wrecked after the match. I do like that The Usos jawing at McIntyre did help plant seeds for when McIntyre does head over to Smackdown.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What's the excuse for not having a match over 3 mins on a 3 hour show?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's so pathetic.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woods/Mahal actually was much better than anticipated so kudos to both of them delivering. Is Woods pushing for KOTR so hard going to work against him on Thursday? We shall see, but I don't think it is promising that most of the people who have gone up on the stage and messed with the props, which Woods did, ultimately have lost. Don't like that the cringe cliches have come back around when describing Bálor now that he's on Raw. Still feel there's a turn lurking there for Bálor. The bickering between the two finalists was solid, and the match on Thursday between Woods and Bálor should be pretty good.

I don't love the idea of Hardy getting his heat back after the match but I do appreciate the fact they didn't go with 50/50 booking between him and Theory. At least they may be learning their lesson a bit after screwing Kross up. Looks like Theory has a modified ATL by adding a facebuster to the finish of it.

I do wonder if the Mansoor/Ali pairing was simply just to get to Crown Jewel. That could be the case but it was a fairly shortsighted thought because they had good chemistry as an odd couple. Not as dynamic as RK-Bro but still good. I imagine the environment and their chemistry should help produce an under-the-radar banger on Thursday.

AJ Styles: "Nobody cares about Smackdown." My guy, that's the house you built!!! The promo between Styles/Omos and The Street Profits was pretty good. Seems fairly wasteful to burn an RK-Bro/Street Profits match but that's WWE for you. Ford and Dawkins looked really good during this match.

They really went 9/10ths of the way with Shayna just to sputter, it seems. I can't imagine anyone predicted that we'd have a Zelina/Doudrop Final for this tournament. I...guess Doudrop wins.

Maybe Morrison's chi can be his wife. That's all I've got as an answer that would be beneficial.

The style on display between Charlotte and Bianca to start the show was quite exquisite. Bianca is the best opponent for Charlotte at this stage. Charlotte is an athletic specimen and Bianca more than holds her own in that regard. Bianca can really impose her physicality on Charlotte, which is jarring to see but jarring in a very good way. Of course...we couldn't get a clean finish here. That said, these two can keep crossing paths for years and it's going to produce bangers.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought they did an excellent job preparing for the post-draft show as well as Crown Jewel this week. Both shows have done an excellent job building around the matches.

That Hurt Business is back together after a few months apart is the right decision, the dumb thing was breaking them up in the first place. While Lashley has done well paired with MVP, if he's to become a title contender again the group as a whole is more effective. One of the better groups of recent years.

Every match seems to have a decent build and the right momentum going into the show. Raw last night did most things well, some things need work. The only complaint would be the DQ finish for the main event. I have serious Charlotte fatigue where if she were gone for six months I don't think that would be a bad thing.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Like you even watched lol

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Why am I going to watch a 3 minute match?

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because it won't take long? And you're waiting for water to boil?

I was ultimately cool about that 3 minute match (not all the matches being 3 minutes-that's a different question), because I thought it was part of rebuilding Shayna's dominance. As I said before, I found NXT Shayna very effective as a true heel. She wasn't a heel that people were kinfa rooting for, and I think it helped people get over,

But then she lost to Doudrop.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post

I was ultimately cool about that 3 minute match (not all the matches being 3 minutes-that's a different question), because I thought it was part of rebuilding Shayna's dominance. As I said before, I found NXT Shayna very effective as a true heel. She wasn't a heel that people were kinfa rooting for, and I think it helped people get over,

Such a double-edged sword with that match. You’ve booked yourself into a spot where Shayna was building momentum across BOTH shows within the last few weeks, and you need some more bodies that are poised to be something when the brands actually are split. You’ve built it, and then she loses here. The obvious answers are they shouldn’t have booked this then but the larger issue/answer is that it doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter because the wins and losses don’t matter.

The positive of it is that at least Doudrop hasn’t been left for dead yet. I certainly thought that was happening when the split with Eva happened. The next test comes Thursday and the days after.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't be shocked if Shayna cost her the match.

Except that would mean they might actually do something with Zelina.

Which would be shocking in its own right.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't be shocked if Shayna cost her the match.

Except that would mean they might actually do something with Zelina.

Which would be shocking in its own right.
    My counter against that idea is Shayna is on Smackdown and I have to imagine they’re not sending everyone to CJ so they’re able to run a skeleton crew show on Friday if it hits the fan when leaving on Thursday.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good call. Depends what the SmackDown plan id

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume you watched if you're commenting on it, so which of these matches do you think should have gone longer? I haven't got an opinion either way, if the result makes sense. Like the KOTR it's really building to the finals more than stories that could be told in prior rounds.

I had a feeling Doudrop would probably end up winning this tournament. There could be some fuckery either Carmella costing Vega the win, branching off into some minor feud nobody will pay attention to, or Eva Marie costing Doudrop the win, and somehow extending that weeks beyond what it should have ever been. In either case I hope I'm wrong and want something without interference. I'd honestly rather see Eva Marie try to get involved just for DD to bounce her off the apron to the floor and fake an injury.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
    I assume you watched if you're commenting on it, so which of these matches do you think should have gone longer? I haven't got an opinion either way, if the result makes sense. Like the KOTR it's really building to the finals more than stories that could be told in prior rounds.
    All or most of them? Shayna winning quickly would make sense. All of the matches being short is stupid for one of the best women's divisions in wrestling.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So of the ones from the post of yours, did you see any of them or just reading a post and picking at the time given the matches?

I disagree and think Doudrop needs the win more, as Shayna will still likely be heavily featured on SD. It seems like people stuck on Raw doing nothing get a better chance going to SD. Not always, and sometimes they excel on Raw. They let the fart linger on too long with the goofy shit with Shayna/Nia/Reggie/Alexa/Alexa's doll. They just booked them in goofy shit for way too long and one after the other.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Billie talks about the supposed reason for the shorter matches we've been seeing. It makes sense. He says Molly Holly is behind these shorter matches with women that are not (currently) seen as a draw. Interesting.

He talks about the plan to possibly unify the women's titles as well by Survivor Series.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
    So of the ones from the post of yours, did you see any of them or just reading a post and picking at the time given the matches?

I disagree and think Doudrop needs the win more, as Shayna will still likely be heavily featured on SD. It seems like people stuck on Raw doing nothing get a better chance going to SD. Not always, and sometimes they excel on Raw. They let the fart linger on too long with the goofy shit with Shayna/Nia/Reggie/Alexa/Alexa's doll. They just booked them in goofy shit for way too long and one after the other.
    I was talking about Shayna beating Dana Brooke so quick was understandable.

If you like 3 minute matches I just disagree whole heartedly and I don't know what else need to be said.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doudrop needs the win more. Vega won't ever be anything more than she is. Doudrop still has the potential to make a step up to the next level.

But the entire Queen's Crown tournament was doomed as unimportant from the second they announced the participants. The very best woman on the roster, Charlotte, has as a big part of her gimmick that she sees herself as the Queen. Not having her take part in the tournament at all is not just a missed opportunity, it is simply sending a message that this tourney is not worth our time.

The comments about Bianca's "not moving the needle" are interesting to me. Like Rhea, she has shown she can deliver in the ring and she is beyond where the other women on the roster were at this stage of her career.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    But the entire Queen's Crown tournament was doomed as unimportant from the second they announced the participants. The very best woman on the roster, Charlotte, has as a big part of her gimmick that she sees herself as the Queen. Not having her take part in the tournament at all is not just a missed opportunity, it is simply sending a message that this tourney is not worth our time.
    Why would the champion be in the tournament?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to mention Charlotte herself said she shouldn't be in it because she's already the Queen.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would the champion be in the tournament?
    Why not? Break the mold.

Also I'm not trying to speak for 3pup when I say this but I took that post as him saying it wasn't a well thought out tournament. The KOTR didn't exactly have the greatest participants either. Look at AEW's World Title Eliminator. Apparently nobody wants tournaments to mean anything. Fuck man let's just talk about KOTR 1995. Or Shorty G making it to the finals........

These 2 tournaments should have the top 8 wrestlers. If they don't want to put champions in it, that's fine, take all the non-champions.

Also, let's be 10000000% real. These tournaments are simply vehicles for the winner to do something. This shit isn't meant to make everyone Becky Lynch level. It's not really meant for us to say "You know Toni Storm had a really good showing!" No, it's simply going to be used as a quick selling point. Nobody is going to give a shit if it took Doudrop or Vega 10 minutes total or 45 minutes total to win this thing. Nobody, not even you.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Not to mention Charlotte herself said she shouldn't be in it because she's already the Queen.
    Already planting the seeds for a Smackdown wrestler to win and feud with her over the nickname and the gold. Brilliant.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate how they’ve made it too plain it’s a midcarder tournament. Why not raise the importance and have the champions and top carders in it too?

Saying that, Woods better win tomorrow night but the fact they’ve had him parade around with the props already gives me doubts. They’ve done a far better job with the men’s than the shit show with the women’s tourney though.

Shayna being beat like that is garbage and I like Piper.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasn't the point of KOTR always been a midcarder tourny to raise someone's stock? Has it ever had champions and top end guys in it before?

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasn't the point of KOTR always been a midcarder tourny to raise someone's stock? Has it ever had champions and top end guys in it before?
    Yeah and as far as the women’s goes, they’ve made a tits up of that!

Why not just encompass everyone for bragging rights? Maybe a defeat against a champion gets a future title match at a PPV.

Things like MITB is different but make it all important and have everyone want to be King or Queen

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This year alone you had 4 former World champions, 3 of them within the last 4 years: Rey Mysterio, Finn Balor, Kofi Kingston, and Jinder Mahal.

Bret Hart was probably the top babyface at the time he won the KOTR in 1993 having just lost the title a few months prior.

So in a way yes and no. The majority, yes. But if we look at the women's tournament, they really needed some credibility just like the 1993 one. Any 1 of the 4HW, Asuka, Bianca Belair, Rhea Ripley, fucking super hero Nikki Cross for fuck's sake.

The women's feels more like what we're used to, the midcarder getting the win and using that as a vehicle to elevate. So I'm not too negative with either woman winning but I do believe if we had any of the women I just mentioned, we'd have a better tournament overall.

I will say this, if Billie is correct and the longer these matches go the more people tune out-which has always been the running joke about women's wrestling in general (bathroom break!)...well I can understand that approach. If a character on the Simpsons is making people turn the channel they're going to change it up or destroy it.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was Booker the highest on the card on the day he won?

Obvs guys like Austin pushed it to a higher level from there, but they weren't winning Heavyweight championships prior.

I'm probably forgetting someone, but I think Booker had the most recent WWE Main Events.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I'd love to believe is that whoever loses in the QC finals, the WWE put them in that spot with the intent to make us believe they're going to be a player. So if Doudrop does lose, in my head I'm thinking, well they wouldn't let her get this far if they didn't think she was worth it. But then I realize, the majority are the lower card talents that haven't been really anything special all year. It's 1995 only no Undertaker and Shawn lol. Just Kama, Savio, Mabel, and the Roadie

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This year alone you had 4 former World champions, 3 of them within the last 4 years: Rey Mysterio, Finn Balor, Kofi Kingston, and Jinder Mahal.

Bret Hart was probably the top babyface at the time he won the KOTR in 1993 having just lost the title a few months prior.

So in a way yes and no. The majority, yes. But if we look at the women's tournament, they really needed some credibility just like the 1993 one. Any 1 of the 4HW, Asuka, Bianca Belair, Rhea Ripley, fucking super hero Nikki Cross for fuck's sake.

The women's feels more like what we're used to, the midcarder getting the win and using that as a vehicle to elevate. So I'm not too negative with either woman winning but I do believe if we had any of the women I just mentioned, we'd have a better tournament overall.

I will say this, if Billie is correct and the longer these matches go the more people tune out-which has always been the running joke about women's wrestling in general (bathroom break!)...well I can understand that approach. If a character on the Simpsons is making people turn the channel they're going to change it up or destroy it.
    That’s a good point.

Get Charlotte in there next time to defend her Queen title. Get everyone on the roster rather than a midcard vehicle.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s a good point.

Get Charlotte in there next time to defend her Queen title. Get everyone on the roster rather than a midcard vehicle.
    They could mix it up. For years I've been wanting to see a KOTR or now a Queen's Crown with the elite of the elite, even if you're a world champion. Basically take New Japan's G1 and format it with KOTR/QC.

The problem is the midcard vehicle doesn't always work because rarely is it used like Stone Cold's was. He didn't come out with the gimmick. Neither did Lesnar, Edge, Shamrock. But then you have King Mabel, King Sheamus, King Corbin, and yeah sometimes that shit works (King of Harts, King Regal) but it's corny as shit for the most part.

So yeah, I'm not saying ditch the vehicle because it does work but next time it would be nice to see a stacked tournament to make people think it was interesting. I think the women stand out more because there are so few compared to the men so the gap between "main event" and "midcarder" is pretty fucking clear. So when you don't even have one of the 4HW or Asuka, what the fuck?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really appreciate the fact that they created stakes for the tag contender's match. Kudos to RooDolph having two sets of gear for the night.

The initial rollout for Queen Zelina went alright.

It's a testament to Becky and Bianca's promo abilities that they're getting a healthy bit of mileage with their feud while we've seen a good chunk of physicality already. The only negative I have with it is the calendar. This feels like a transition period to get to Survivor Series and running these two here doesn't feel optimal.

They split Mace and T-Bar and we can't just give this guy his old gimmick back? The match between Priest and T-Bar was a good appetizer but I'm sure it's going to get spoiled with rematches over the next few weeks.

Liv isn't a star but she deserves better than what she's getting.

They still haven't bothered going into relative detail explaining why Benjamin and Alexander are back together. Lee is getting a push, so that's a plus. I do wonder if he's kind of replaced Kross in terms of being a point of emphasis for the time being.

Good second generation matchup between Mysterio and Theory. Mysterio needs some body mass in a hurry. He looked skinny in the t-shirt prior to the match and looked like he was in a lower weight class next to Theory. The selfie bit feels outdated by a few years but at least they've given Theory a hook. That and some wins help his cause as he establishes himself. Too bad his dad couldn't be on Raw.

Really good premise for the main event but the bugaboo was the fact that the four guys only had star power behind them.
    Rollins - lost to Edge
    Mysterio - lost to Zayn
    Bálor - lost to Woods
    Owens - lost to Corbin
    I'm glad they gave the Ladder Match a healthy dose of time. Major, major props to E mocking how performers are told to watch a match on the monitor in the back. It was pretty impressive for Rollins to go through travel to Crown Jewel, doing HIAC, traveling back and then doing this match. Owens' spine has to be mad at him after this match. There were three brutal splashes he took onto a ladder. Have the same issue with Rollins here as I do with Bianca/Becky. The only out that makes this favorable if it's just getting started with E and they pause and resume after Survivor Series. If it's just a drive by feud, that's a massive waste.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next QC/KOTR tournaments should have something at stake. Title shot opportunity or a format of main roster and NXT where each is on separate sides until the finals at a PPV.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's always two steps forward, 10 steps back with some people. Liv got allot of momentum behind her back in the summer and now she's jobbing left and right. Carmella didn't even cheat, she just beat her clean. If you're going with the mask gimmick, it should be used as a foreign object to get cheap wins.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine thinking name value is a negative...........4 former World champions, arguably the top 4 wrestlers on Raw in a ladder match and we're overanalyzing about them coming off losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    It's always two steps forward, 10 steps back with some people. Liv got allot of momentum behind her back in the summer and now she's jobbing left and right. Carmella didn't even cheat, she just beat her clean. If you're going with the mask gimmick, it should be used as a foreign object to get cheap wins.
    What momentum did she have and where did it come from? I'm genuinely curious as to what people see in Liv. I don't think she's a good wrestler, I haven't heard her cut but maybe one promo that was decent (she almost cried through it but whatever). Liv seems like one of those wrestlers that the only reason people get behind her outside of her looks is because she's booked to lose quite a bit and people rally behind that like if they start winning it'll matter. Nope, what happen is Liv will start winning, getting a real push, win the title, and those same fans will shit on her.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine thinking name value is a negative...........4 former World champions, arguably the top 4 wrestlers on Raw in a ladder match and we're overanalyzing about them coming off losses.

What momentum did she have and where did it come from? I'm genuinely curious as to what people see in Liv. I don't think she's a good wrestler, I haven't heard her cut but maybe one promo that was decent (she almost cried through it but whatever). Liv seems like one of those wrestlers that the only reason people get behind her outside of her looks is because she's booked to lose quite a bit and people rally behind that like if they start winning it'll matter. Nope, what happen is Liv will start winning, getting a real push, win the title, and those same fans will shit on her.
    So you don't like blondes, that's perfectly fine. But you can't base your opinion on hair color. You know I met someone that was only into blondes and I told him he was up shit creek if he didn't give brunettes a chance. Jennifer Connelly is probably the prettiest celebrity out there, but I'm not going to put her over somebody like Nicole Kidman or Charlize Theron, you know? The first time I saw Reindeer Games, I knew Charlize was going to be a top star too. Nobody believed me, fucking idiots. That movie was ok, but it was a fun watch at the theater, even with the cheap popcorn and red vines.

Red vines are immensely underrated. Anyone that disagrees is a complete psycho.

Liv's ok.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    So you don't like blondes, that's perfectly fine. But you can't base your opinion on hair color. You know I met someone that was only into blondes and I told him he was up shit creek if he didn't give brunettes a chance. Jennifer Connelly is probably the prettiest celebrity out there, but I'm not going to put her over somebody like Nicole Kidman or Charlize Theron, you know? The first time I saw Reindeer Games, I knew Charlize was going to be a top star too. Nobody believed me, fucking idiots. That movie was ok, but it was a fun watch at the theater, even with the cheap popcorn and red vines.

Red vines are immensely underrated. Anyone that disagrees is a complete psycho.

Liv's ok.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was Donald that didn't like blondes.

Unless it was Dana Brooke for some reason?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VHS is trying to make fun of me. He's having a tough time accepting that nobody cares about him like they do me.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blondes are okay but admittedly more partial to the darker haired type myself.

Example Mandy Rose. She was fit before but since the hair change, gone up tenfold in my view!

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t recall anything blonde specific. Just that he rates Dana above all others

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mandy has been a favorite of mine since she made it clear she's okay with guys with body types like me and Otis.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Mandy has been a favorite of mine since she made it clear she's okay with guys with body types like me and Otis.
    Sorta reminds me of that Cheers episode (which would be a PC brigade nightmare if the show ran today) where a hot girl turned down Sam in favour of Paul, then she saw Norm and she had a new favourite!

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blondes are okay but admittedly more partial to the darker haired type myself.

Example Mandy Rose. She was fit before but since the hair change, gone up tenfold in my view!
    I don’t recall anything blonde specific. Just that he rates Dana above all others
    I swear he had some knock against Noelle Foley or something because he didn't like blondes.

I do have a bit of weak spot for blondes (which worked out well for me), but I do agree about Mandy. Darker hair is a better look for her.

I also rate Liv above Carmella, so I find this feud awkward.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit: wrong quote

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leading up to MITB, Liv was on a winning streak and they were playing up the fact that she couldn't get into the match despite her record. Fans were getting behind her and she would have been a better choice than Nikki Cross as the winner. Liv's put in the work and improved as a singles performer. You can see the difference in the singles matches she was having in 2020 versus the original Riott Squad era. I can't say the same for Carmella, Nia Jax or Tamina and yet they're all former champions while Liv has yet to win a title.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I swear he had some knock against Noelle Foley or something because he didn't like blondes.

I do have a bit of weak spot for blondes (which worked out well for me), but I do agree about Mandy. Darker hair is a better look for her.

I also rate Liv above Carmella, so I find this feud awkward.
    That may have passed me by. @Donald ?

Also Liv, all of Toxic Attraction, Dakota Kai, Becky, Steph, Sonya, Candice Le Rae, Kayla Brixton to name but a few are ones I’d personally rate over Carmella.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That may have passed me by. @Donald ?

Also Liv, all of Toxic Attraction, Dakota Kai, Becky, Steph, Sonya, Candice Le Rae, Kayla Brixton to name but a few are ones I’d personally rate over Carmella.
    Sonya/Dakota/Carmella is close for me, but I would add definitely add Zelina and Toni. Likely BFab and Io as well.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sonya/Dakota/Carmella is close for me, but I would add definitely add Zelina and Toni. Likely BFab and Io as well.
    True

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leading up to MITB, Liv was on a winning streak and they were playing up the fact that she couldn't get into the match despite her record. Fans were getting behind her and she would have been a better choice than Nikki Cross as the winner. Liv's put in the work and improved as a singles performer. You can see the difference in the singles matches she was having in 2020 versus the original Riott Squad era. I can't say the same for Carmella, Nia Jax or Tamina and yet they're all former champions while Liv has yet to win a title.
    I'll give you that about the momentum going into MITB. I can't disagree about the 3 women you mentioned and how it relates to Liv not having a title yet.

What needs to happen is Liv needs to get away from Carmella. I don't see Liv's improvement being anything substantial both in the ring and on the mic. I don't think that's her fault. Carmella just doesn't do it for me and I'd rather see Liv Morgan working with Bianca and Becky and see if that really showcases her ability.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This needs it own topic…

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give you that about the momentum going into MITB. I can't disagree about the 3 women you mentioned and how it relates to Liv not having a title yet.

What needs to happen is Liv needs to get away from Carmella. I don't see Liv's improvement being anything substantial both in the ring and on the mic. I don't think that's her fault. Carmella just doesn't do it for me and I'd rather see Liv Morgan working with Bianca and Becky and see if that really showcases her ability.
    Agreed on that. Feels like Liv has been feuding with Carmella for 6 months. She's in desperate need of a new opponent.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed on that. Feels like Liv has been feuding with Carmella for 6 months. She's in desperate need of a new opponent.
    That’s a bigger problem not just extended to Liv though. WWE really likes to stretch these things out recently with their classic 50/50 booking. Trying too hard to make everyone look good when really they’re boring fans.

Just say so-and-so won, make the loser strong in defeat the first time around and move on instead of trying to overcompensate with them HAVING to get at least one win back. Overcompensating to the max they are.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think Becky's beat Bianca enough. Maybe another 6 or 7 times and that should be good.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Hearing The King, I mean Corey Graves, need to change his drawers while Carmella is working is very unnecessary.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What was Kevin Owens promo? I heard there was a Mount Rushmore reference.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was Kevin Owens promo? I heard there was a Mount Rushmore reference.
    He loosely referenced his contract and then E referenced Mount Rushmore with all the "face of Raw" talk Owens was mentioning.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; November 2nd, 2021 at 12:13 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give Raw massive props because they started with a match.

Mania-caliber video package to lead into the Bianca/Becky match. I thought the two of them had a pretty fun match together. The crowd was definitely into it, as well, which helps. Bianca really looks impressive when she gets to display her feats of strength. The booking of Becky's matches get really weird because they still half-heartedly work promos to try to draw heat but it all fades away when she starts wrestling, and then they have to try hard to get the point across with the finish. This looks to be the blowoff for the time being. I'm not sure I'm optimistic that Bianca can maintain momentum if she floats out of the title picture. Liv confronted Becky later in the night and that's weird. Liv can't beat Carmella but now she's stepping up to the champ. WWE Booking 101.

Raw doesn't appear the landscape to display it consistently but Theory has been able to hold his own in the matchups he's had since the Draft. This one (with Rey Mysterio) was given an ample amount of time. I'm not sure how the ref was supposed to be able to surmise Dominik got involved in the match, with his back to the cheap hit, but it was a good finish to serve multiple agendas. If Theory keeps this trajectory, he'll definitely be in the US Championship mix by Summerslam (or he should be).

The segment was too, too long but the promos between Rollins, Owens, and E were quality. Owens did a nice job loosely referencing his contract and his future with WWE. It goes without saying, but any time Owens gets a modicum of time to work in the ring or on the stick, he really does maximize those moments.

WWE clearly dropped the ball with their decision back when Nia and Shayna had the tag titles. Got too cute, hated NXT and that ultimately diluted everything in-between.

While Bálor fell out of the mix of Owens/Rollins (at least Mysterio still has a story), he still had a fun-ass technical match with Gable. Problem is, there still really doesn't appear to be a picture going forward with Bálor and this may or may not been a very poor version of Friday, where instead of spotlighting Shotzi they wanted to spotlight Gable.

Interesting that they went ahead and gave RK-Bro a mashup theme. It actually didn't sound half bad. Rinse repeat effort by the Street Profits and RooDolph. It seems they want to move the Profits off to Styles and Omos. The elephant in the room is that fact that Styles mysteriously isn't around again. What a weird cutaway, Orton was fired up and we didn't even get a good separation of Omos and Orton from the officials because they just went to a video package of T-Bar and Priest.

Speaking of new themes, Priest got a new one and a new video entrance. That really didn't seem necessary but it appears they want to present Priest as the embodiment of conflict between good and evil. Okay? Anyway, Priest and T-Bar are two large dudes who can go and they went. Again. They had to rig the table they used like hell because it shattered in a unique way when Priest choke slammed T-Bar through it. Either that or they nailed it absolutely perfect haha. They had a good match and T-Bar looked fine while taking a loss. Just drop the stupid gimmick, please. Apollo Crews is coming for Priest and US Championship. Meh, but the pairing will produce good matches.

Morrison is still searching for his chi.

Main event between E and KO was fun while it lasted. The Senton Owens hit on E while they were on the outside was vicious. Owens landed right on E and it looked painful. Owens nailed him AGAIN with the swanton off the top rope. E's sternum took a massive beating from those two moves and he didn't skip a beat. The moves across the board in this one were just high-impact. The booking didn't exactly equal the match, with the silly inclusion of Rollins' interference and Owens begrudgingly taking advantage of it and still losing rather quickly. Owens had to try to walk it back, apologize and say he didn't know Rollins hit E. That apology wasn't accepted as E hit the Big Ending. Would've been nice if they actually referenced why E couldn't trust Owens (when Owens basically played New Day while E was on the shelf). Oh well lol.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Priest blew me away in his match w/ Tea Bird. His intensity and yeah... that table spot was something else. He was giving off some major Fender Tremolo vibes.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I also enjoy this new side to Damian Priest.

We’re less than a month into the roster shakeup and already the company has frozen Bianca out of the championship picture, at least so long as Becky holds the belt. Belair in limbo for the foreseeable future, not cool.

I get that Rey did the job in the singles match tonight to put over Theory, but going forward it really should be Dom getting the bulk of the in-ring build.

It feels like we’re building towards an Omos singles run, doesn’t it…

Can creative please throw Dijakovic a bone and let him bury that stupid T-Bar gimmick?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Priest got a new tron and theme last week, unless it's a new new one. @BGMaverick Elias?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Priest got a new tron and theme last week, unless it's a new new one. @BGMaverick Elias?
    I conflated my weeks lol. The hook this week was saying the “Damien” coming out of Priest. Sigh lol.

I forgot to add that to my recap. He’s deader than dead…never mentioned.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please add a days since Elias last was last seen counter for Bert's reference.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please add a days since Elias last was last seen counter for Bert's reference.
    I think he took care of that on his own, haha.

Elias last seen 8-23

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give Raw massive props because they started with a match.

Mania-caliber video package to lead into the Bianca/Becky match. I thought the two of them had a pretty fun match together. The crowd was definitely into it, as well, which helps. Bianca really looks impressive when she gets to display her feats of strength. The booking of Becky's matches get really weird because they still half-heartedly work promos to try to draw heat but it all fades away when she starts wrestling, and then they have to try hard to get the point across with the finish. This looks to be the blowoff for the time being. I'm not sure I'm optimistic that Bianca can maintain momentum if she floats out of the title picture. Liv confronted Becky later in the night and that's weird. Liv can't beat Carmella but now she's stepping up to the champ. WWE Booking 101.
    I tuned in late and saw the last segment of that match. Becky wins LOL, and I changed the channel. If you're not going to have Bianca get her win back over Becky, with the title, because she has to take a title off her to have some weight, then don't do the match over and over. At the very least, have Bianca sell hitting the exposed turnbuckle like death, since she's supposed to be so super strong, having her giving the "what has happened" look as soon as the match was over is eye rolling. I know the tights were pulled too, but that's like receivers in the NFL always turning around looking for flags to me now.

I want to believe that they'll do right by Liv and come up with a good way to have her lose and not look like a punk, but they won't. Should be simple, really. Have Liv say she needs the title. She can smell it. Taste it. Have her longingly reaching out for it. Becky steps back with a look on her face, call her a little weirdo, and tell her if you're so hungry for something, the best you can do is going back to sucking on blue lollipops because like she told Bianca, back of the line and earn your shot. I actually have a whole scenario with the two of them having a count-out finish were Becky gladly takes it after Liv gets put through a table (what a time to NOT have a TLC ppv). They have the refs help her up, but she gets a mic and calls Becky a coward and other shit while Becky's hamming it up to the crowd. An insult about her child and other stuff, Becky gets pissed off. Come back down, maybe even gives her a curb stomp. Following week Liv comes around, inserting herself, saying you can't kill her, yada yada. You can run with it for at least a few weeks.

I tune back in at around 9:45 I think it was, and saw Big E and KO going at it, so I stayed. Nice camera work on E when those sentons by Owens hit. But then Rollins comes skipping down with that clipboard contract and they cut to commercial and I turned back to the MNF game and never turned back. Reading about the rest of the stuff later and at least they're not making Big E a general stupid babyface that isn't genre savvy to this whole thing.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he took care of that on his own, haha.
    Let's help though. You got the recaps. I'll handle this each week.

Days since Elias was last seen: 71

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I can't wait for some surprise being hyped only for it to be some NXT guy.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's help though. You got the recaps. I'll handle this each week.

Days since Elias was last seen: 71

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mazer again.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theory is so good. He's the kind of guy you should put in a heel stable to groom as a future star in the company.