Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546 LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,500 of 4511

Thread: The Official Monday Night RAW Thread

Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Please give DIY/BSS time to cook on Friday.
    20 minutes in the oven. Let it stand for 5 mins before eating.

Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What is BSS?

Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Donald British Strong Style!

Come on man! You were born heeere!

Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sorry I kept thinking of Backstreet Soys

Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Sorry I kept thinking of Backstreet Soys
    Brits are back all riiiiiiight!

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "time to cook" Someone kill me

Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    "time to cook" Someone kill me
    Okay want to go in the oven and we’ll have you for Thanksgiving in November. I sense the meat might be a bit tough and grisly but I’m sure we’ll feed well with good stuffing, yams and cranberry sauce.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Okay want to go in the oven and we’ll have you for Thanksgiving in November. I sense the meat might be a bit tough and grisly but I’m sure we’ll feed well with good stuffing, yams and cranberry sauce.
    It is weird hearing a non-American talking about celebrating Thanksgiving lol.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VoteTrump24 View Post
    Ugly and dangerous botch by the kid, I’m sure he got his ass chewed out in the back after both incidents.

Love the breakdown/analysis by Richards, as someone who’s perfected his craft over a lengthy career of in-ring action; the coach in me absolutely loves listening to people break down the technical aspects of their area of expertise. Will have to do further research into this film room.

Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is weird hearing a non-American talking about celebrating Thanksgiving lol.
    You think that’s weird? Well you Americans love to talk about snow,kilts and haggis…or “mate!” Payback time!

How’s your soccer team? Hey New Yoik, Thoisday tomorrow! Got ma gun ready for my Broadway show! Or Hawaii “Mokahahaki comeonyouwannayme!” Or Texas “Howdy partners let’s play some rope and bronco!”

or maybe whisk me to Delaware…yeah I’m in Delaware!

Mentioned
    517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in Montreal. So I tried to order my food court hamburger like it sounds on the French menu. And then I thought about "Le Royale with Cheese", and how much I enjoyed Pulp Fiction.

Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Pulp fiction is good but not as good as Titanic

Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulp fiction is good but not as good as Titanic
    If I didn’t love you so much, the nasty me would say Ezekiel 25:17 says I just whooped your ass.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At my age I'm about to pull a "say what again" on the fans who keep chanting What

Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At my age I'm about to pull a "say what again" on the fans who keep chanting What

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love Drew's t-shirt

He is killing it on the mic right now, what a promo he cut this week.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Drew is absolutely on fire at the moment. Love him.

And yes, BSS and DIY tomorrow night gonna be good!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul. Ringo. John. Carl. TapOut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m torn. On one hand, I think the storyline and drama is cool. It’s more edgy. The saturation of a more kid-friendly WWE and life in general caused me to lose interest for the most part, but this is pretty interesting.

On the other, I’m not sure how to feel with them trying to mirror some aspects of the UFC. I’m not sure if forced is the correct word, but it feels odd to me. Maybe I’ve just been away too long. Still, since I’m not heavily invested it’s pretty cool to see. I may feel differently if I was up to snuff.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not like it was much of a doubt based on the trailer they released and the actual interaction at the presser, but Monday certainly presented the avenue to get a tag match out of N1 with Rhodes/Rollins against Reigns/Rock. I think that would be smart in a lot of ways but with some minor drawbacks. That would help protect Rock in a working sense. If Rollins didn't presumably have a challenger for N2 with the winner of EC, that would protect him as he's recovering but this double duty works against that. Rollins not being over the top with his delivery in the promo with Rhodes really helped sell the magnitude of the moment. Rhodes needs to explain why he presented the opportunity to Rock on Smackdown and now it's not happening. Once that is covered, we're rolling.

I'm really interested to see where McIntyre/Zayn is going. You'd think McIntyre is working back to a shot at Rollins but they're hammering home the interactions with Zayn and McIntyre, and also mentioning that McIntyre hasn't lost to Zayn.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is The Rock going to be on Raw tonight?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last segment of the night was a nothingburger other than Rhodes' last line about hunting the Bloodline. On the fringes, they've really got to figure out what the heck they're going to do with Theory. This time last year, he was getting ready to work Cena and now he's floating in the wind. As I've said, his age is a great asset in terms of upside but he's hit a wall as a character. In a lot of ways, I think Waller has market corrected him and I don't know if the idea of turning Theory face has any legs.

There's a good side quest setup for Becky with Nia and potentially Liv.

A lot of balls in play for GUNTHER now. Zayn and Gable seem like the prime options but they threw a lot out there in terms of possibilities. None of the JD options sound appealing or make sense based on what's also on the table in terms of the tag titles. Will be curious to see if Andrade ultimately works as a face to start. The segment made it seem like Dom could very easily be Andrade's first opponent.

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not fussed about Theory. I think he's landed right where he should be: midcard at best, excelling as a side kick/tag partner or jobber to the stars. Never really got why people thought he had potential shooting out his ass.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theory is naturally very smooth in the ring, and it's hard to teach that. He has a great physique and he had a very good run as the US title champ, wiht better than expected mic work from someone his age/experience. He seems to embrace the arrogant, cheating heel dynamic as well as anyone in a long time, and because of his age, it's easy to predict more fun stuff from him.

He seems to have been forgotten, and I think he deserves a better program. Since Waller left him out to dry to get pummeled in Perth, I was hoping he'd turn, to at least give him something to do. Maybe see if he can expand his range a bit.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd much rather see GUNTHER and Randy tie it up at Mania, especially if Brock is out of the picture.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Looks like Gunther is going to get stuck in a multi-man match at WrestleMania. I thought they were thinking that for Logan but guess not.

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they're doing a multi-man match for the IC Title at Mania maybe they should also hang the belt about 15 feet above the ring and make them climb a ladder to win it...

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Not fussed about Theory. I think he's landed right where he should be: midcard at best, excelling as a side kick/tag partner or jobber to the stars. Never really got why people thought he had potential shooting out his ass.
    Problem is he got pushed too aggressively under the old regime. He's got a good look and stands out with a decent frame. He got thrown to the deep end in NXT right away in terms of having to show that he can work and he held up his end of the bargain. The age is really hard to deny in comparison to who else he's running up against on the main roster. He's got what he's got right now and still has plenty of time to figure things out. The big thing is when it comes to talking. He's not stiff on the mic, per se, but Cena definitely exposed the truth about Theory's promo problem: he's just talking. It's okay that he doesn't have that part of the act down yet but he...doesn't have that part of the act down yet. I mentioned my reservations about a turn but you and I both know based on NXT that he can be a guy who can get cheered but that Himbo shtick likely isn't going to be viable on the main roster. He can play a that role with the best of them but I don't think that's working on the main roster when they've got faces falling out of the sky and ones that the crowd really, really loves.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    Looks like Gunther is going to get stuck in a multi-man match at WrestleMania.
    Is that likely a way to get the IC title off him without actually taking the pin?

AKA what they should have done to Reigns at the Rumble? Imagine the build as the Rumble winner Rhodes chases the champion Orton, who used to be his buddy back in the day. We could have had Rock v Roman for the title of Tribal Chief, without the belt as a distraction.
    Last edited by VoteTrump24; February 28th, 2024 at 4:05 AM.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem is he got pushed too aggressively under the old regime. He's got a good look and stands out with a decent frame. He got thrown to the deep end in NXT right away in terms of having to show that he can work and he held up his end of the bargain. The age is really hard to deny in comparison to who else he's running up against on the main roster. He's got what he's got right now and still has plenty of time to figure things out. The big thing is when it comes to talking. He's not stiff on the mic, per se, but Cena definitely exposed the truth about Theory's promo problem: he's just talking. It's okay that he doesn't have that part of the act down yet but he...doesn't have that part of the act down yet. I mentioned my reservations about a turn but you and I both know based on NXT that he can be a guy who can get cheered but that Himbo shtick likely isn't going to be viable on the main roster. He can play a that role with the best of them but I don't think that's working on the main roster when they've got faces falling out of the sky and ones that the crowd really, really loves.
    He reminds me of Randy Orton early in his career. He was pushed hard because he could go in the ring, but on the mic, many of us called him "Blandy". It's not that his promos are terrible, it's more the case that the people he's working with are that much more polished so he pales by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by VoteTrump24 View Post
    Is that likely a way to get the IC title off him without actually taking the pin?

AKA what they should have done to Reigns at the Rumble? Imagine the build as the Rumble winner Rhodes chases the champion Orton, who used to be his buddy back in the day. We could have had Rock v Roman for the title of Tribal Chief, without the belt as a distraction.
    I hope not. Whoever defeats GUNTHER for the IC title will get a huge rub, but it will be diminished greatly if it comes in a multi-man match. What's the point of having a long title run if you're not going to use it for something meaningful?

Damien Priest ends up looking like a doofus - again - with the Senor Money in the Bank briefcase as he confronted GUNTHER. I wonder how much of that was testing how fans will react to GUNTHER in a face role.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long winded opening promos by Cody Crybaby / Seth Clown felt like filler fluff as we wait for mania. It's hard for me to think about Cody actually calling Seth a friend - it just reminded me that broken tit Cody was able to beat Seth three times last year. Seth's attempt at getting "Diarrhea Dwayne" over as a nickname only reminded us that Seth is not nearly as good as the Rock is when holding a microphone. And yet I remain a big Seth fan.

GUNTHER vs DirtyDomDom was really more fun than I expected. GUNTHER cannot have a bad match, and they realized that with two heels in the ring, fans would have to pick who they supported. GUNTHER was clearly the face here as everyone loves to hate Dom. Getting to cheer for GUNTHER's chops, and Dom's backflip selling of them while wearing his fringes, was worth the price of admission. Cherry on top for GUNTHER's tearing apart Dom's chest protective vest.

Now firmly back in the bottom of the card, KCsquared looked nothing like they were tag champs at the beginning of the year. Dakota Kai speaking for Kabuki Warriors, talking to the other heels Bayzler/Stark, was boring, and did nothing expect remind us not to bother watching the tag title match on NXT tonight.

Andrade is friends with DomDom. That could be fun, and seems to be what Andrade will need, to get his character over and show some personality. Squashing Crews doesn't hurt, but doesn't really help him. Judgment Day watching his match does help give him a story.

The Jaz/Becky/Liv trio is okay tv filler - they have done a decent job making us not care that it's just killing time before we get Becky/Rhea Ripley.

Ivar is a talent that deserves better, but losing to Sami is no shame. When is Erick coming back?

I like Drew calling Seth a spotlight junkie.

Judgment Day vs Imperium in a tag match, another heel v heel setup. Crowd supported Judgement Day. I hope they don't try to make them faces permanently.

Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I love that the current WWE regime is using Ivar while Erik is out. Vinnie Mac would have just sidelined Ivar until Erik returned.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ivar is entertaining and it works even having him in singles matches while Erik isn't there. I loved Cole & Pat going nuts last night about him and Val being out there for the match.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post

Judgment Day vs Imperium in a tag match, another heel v heel setup. Crowd supported Judgement Day. I hope they don't try to make them faces permanently.
    Think it's making good on Imperium winning a feud-ending match against New Day. Just like GUNTHER/Dom, the crowd will decide who they like and go from there. GUNTHER has potential down the road as a face, but there's no need to rush that right now. I believe Erik had neck fusion surgery, so I don't think we're that close to a return.

I think we see Gable be the Iron Man of the gauntlet but ultimately ducking out with Zayn winning. Zayn challenges, but loses at Mania, thus setting up for Gable to catch up to GUNTHER and ultimately be the one to dethrone him.

Considering all parties involved, I doubt Rollins is the one who came up with the moniker. I imagine Rock (and company) did. Fairly cringe but the crowd chanted it, so that's something.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; March 5th, 2024 at 5:11 PM.

Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hopefully you guys are just misspelling Erik's name and not thinking he's Erick Rowan.

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering all parties involved, I doubt Rollins is the one who came up with the moniker. I imagine Rock (and company) did. Fairly cringe but the crowd chanted it, so that's something.
    I was just coming in here to say that Diarrhea Dwayne sounds like something Diarrhea Dwayne would say.

Mentioned
    517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Y'all have more faith in tying silly names to one person than I do.

Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Diverticulitis Dwayne

Dichlorodifluoromethane Dwayne

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I wonder if the multi man match next week for GUNTHER's challenger at Mania ends up with more guys coming down, Ivar, Miz etc, and we have a battle royale on night one and a one on one match on night 2 where Sami or Chad take the gold.

Cool to hear Cole and McAfee mention Sting and his retirement the night before. McAfee even mentioned it being an awesome match, or words to that effect.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really resilient effort by Gargano to wrestle while thinking about how his wife is actually a poisonous pixie right now. Kind of surprised that DIY/Creeds got 20ish minutes but they made the most of it, especially the last 8-9 minutes. The Creeds are still rough around the edges but they can really think on their feet when things get a bit wonky. Based on the Raw side of the equation, this Ladder Match could be quite insane. Negative marks for both teams based on their themes. Those two songs are atrocious.

Rhodes had the right kind of fire when he answered back to The Rock. Again, Rhodes/Reigns is the main event here? It really feels like it's building to Rhodes/Rock. We'll get back on track with the actual main event Friday. Also, top marks for Rhodes nailing the cutter on Sikoa in his suit. Sick.

Ricochet getting two wins (potentially three) over Judgment Day guys? Getting a quasi push around Mania season? WTF?

GREAT camera shot of a fiery Zayn walking through Gorilla and then walking to the back. Just another shining example of the production value increasing.

McAfee does a tremendous job of being the avatar of the audience and a great example of that was the main event. That poor table leg was refusing to play ball with the ladies in the first third of the match. Good thing it really wasn't essential until the final stretch of the show. That leg drop spot at the end didn't look particularly pleasant to take but it was a fitting end to the match.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    what an angle with cody and rock. the rock is putting everyone else in wrestling to shame.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great surprise to see Rock come out in the opening segment. Great crowd manipulation too because that pop was fantastic when he came out, they let it fester with the stare down, then he got the heat by walking away. Seems like the mystery kind of got a bow wrapped on it by the end of the night as the presumption was that Rock said he was going to make Rhodes bleed. I do like how this was kind of an escalation from Smackdown where the faces and heels were locked in a stare down and that ramped up this week. The framing of the outside shot by the bus was fantastic and they got a lot of good luck on their side with the rain because that really intensified the beatdown. I do wonder if we see something Mania Sunday where we get an Avengers-style team up but with even more star power. I don't think it was meaningless but the truck in the background had Cena and Austin on it and with Bloodline Rules potentially on the docket, we could see like a parade of faces help even the odds.

Punk/McIntyre/Rollins felt like a controlled talking segment that rode the third rail. I think what helped is that they had their points they clearly wanted to get across in the segment, but they had the moments where they cut each other off and that made it feel more confrontational. Punk had the checkmate moment when he tried to get McIntyre to answer who decided he was the Chosen One. Seems like the audience flattened the mood a bit because it seemed like they creatively wanted to have Punk as a commentator be the top choice but they wanted him to be the referee for the match. It was a compelling segment, regardless.

Seems like there's some Rocky 4 vibes a little to the GUNTHER/Zayn and Gable story. Still wondering if they have a satisfactory finish regarding Gable's story because it seems like Zayn is poised to be the one to take GUNTHER out. Reed pinning Zayn plays into the story being told for Zayn and now Reed can be an opening challenger for Zayn if Zayn does, in fact, win the title.

Really good fire between Rhea and Becky. That's leaps and bounds ahead of the Smackdown Women's championship picture.

Ricochet is cooking. I like.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get why Gable/Gunther is still a thing. He lost several times, won by countout, then lost again. Chad Gable's time to beat Gunther was last year.

And I'm not fucking with the Final Boss.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great surprise to see Rock come out in the opening segment. Great crowd manipulation too because that pop was fantastic when he came out, they let it fester with the stare down, then he got the heat by walking away. Seems like the mystery kind of got a bow wrapped on it by the end of the night as the presumption was that Rock said he was going to make Rhodes bleed. I do like how this was kind of an escalation from Smackdown where the faces and heels were locked in a stare down and that ramped up this week. The framing of the outside shot by the bus was fantastic and they got a lot of good luck on their side with the rain because that really intensified the beatdown. I do wonder if we see something Mania Sunday where we get an Avengers-style team up but with even more star power. I don't think it was meaningless but the truck in the background had Cena and Austin on it and with Bloodline Rules potentially on the docket, we could see like a parade of faces help even the odds.

Punk/McIntyre/Rollins felt like a controlled talking segment that rode the third rail. I think what helped is that they had their points they clearly wanted to get across in the segment, but they had the moments where they cut each other off and that made it feel more confrontational. Punk had the checkmate moment when he tried to get McIntyre to answer who decided he was the Chosen One. Seems like the audience flattened the mood a bit because it seemed like they creatively wanted to have Punk as a commentator be the top choice but they wanted him to be the referee for the match. It was a compelling segment, regardless.

Seems like there's some Rocky 4 vibes a little to the GUNTHER/Zayn and Gable story. Still wondering if they have a satisfactory finish regarding Gable's story because it seems like Zayn is poised to be the one to take GUNTHER out. Reed pinning Zayn plays into the story being told for Zayn and now Reed can be an opening challenger for Zayn if Zayn does, in fact, win the title.

Really good fire between Rhea and Becky. That's leaps and bounds ahead of the Smackdown Women's championship picture.

Ricochet is cooking. I like.
    Finally, the Rock has come back, to Chicago. Of course, Rock didn't say that, but this will go down as one of the Rock's more memorable appearances.

The fact that the truck in the background featured Cena and Austin had to be intentional, as was the Wheatley Vodka WWE truck (coincidentally an official sponsor of Wrestlemania 40). Cena has his story with Solo - who has been booked like a complete chump ever since then, and Stone Cold can come back to slow the Rock down. At this point, if we don't see Cena and Austin, fans will be disappointed.

I enjoyed the Punk segment far more than I expected to. Everyone got their points across. Rollins getting retribution for Drew saying who's distracted now was good storytelling, and it also set up Drew taking Rollins out during the main event run-in.

Ricochet being the highlight of the night as far as matches go - he had a couple of amazing spots.

Vinci being the fill-in jobber for Ivar was probably for the best. Andrade needs to re-establish himself here.

Gable hasn't been doing anything with the Alpha Academy in weeks. The working friendship between him and Sami seems designed to quell the disappointment the WWE Universe was feeling as many of us feel Gable deserved better.

Reed got a win over a title contender. It made me miss Wade Barrett on commentary for his call of the finisher.

I am worried for Mami. She's looking jaundiced.

Sure seems like they are setting it up for Awesome Truth to get the win, with R-Truth overcoming Priest. DIY aka REgeneration X will be happy to finally be on the card.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Gable hasn't been doing anything with the Alpha Academy in weeks. The working friendship between him and Sami seems designed to quell the disappointment the WWE Universe was feeling as many of us feel Gable deserved better.
    He was talking to Maxxine in the background before talking to Zayn, in case you missed that. Point taken, though, and it does seem they're looking to distance himself from them.

Unless I missed others, the background shots I saw were the one I just mentioned, McIntyre and Heyman, then Andrade and Dom.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    what an angle with cody and rock. the rock is putting everyone else in wrestling to shame.
    He has made Roman such an afterthought. The match should be Cody vs The Rock.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Epic beatdown by The Rock. The fact that he increasingly refers to himself as The Final Boss suggests that the persona actually takes issue with Roman calling himself The Tribal Chief. Aka the initial reason for his return.

Putting on my fantasy booking hat:
    -Rock/Reigns win Saturday, creating a Bloodline match Sunday
    -Cody loses via shenanigans Sunday
    -Rock ruins Roman’s celebration, setting up WrestleMania 41. I feel like the smark Philly crowd would cheer as Dwayne turns on his younger cousin?
    -Rock does the job to Reigns at 41 in a non-title match.

Cody insulated as the massive face who got screwed twice; Roman/Solo/Jimmy solidified as monster heels; Roman keeps the streak intact. I still see Reigns dropping it in a multi-man match (Rhodes pins Wrestler 3 at Summerslam?), giving him the “Nobody beat me” storyline when he makes his face return. I could see Solo (w/ Heyman) turning on Roman, as the precursor to The Tribal Chief dropping the belt.

In Paul we trust.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    The match should be Cody vs The Rock.
    You still have that bullet in the chamber later in the year and the booking is clearly presenting that as a match you want to see, but you have two matches Saturday and Sunday that are certainly worth seeing, too.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    He has made Roman such an afterthought. The match should be Cody vs The Rock.
    is it possible they ever really planned on going ahead with cody handing off the roman match to a babyface rock?

imagine if instead of this build we had the two main events being punk/rollins and face rock vs. roman.

Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    haha CM Punk mentioning Experience and Drive-Thru

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think we're going to see Rock v. Cody happen, ever. This beating and the tag match will be it. I see The Rock helping Cody, saying this was the plan all along, and that leads to Rock v. Roman. You know there are some fans who have no idea about "The Rock" I have 4 kids, 3 of them weren't even born when the Rock wrestled at Mania 20. They mainly know him as the actor, that used to be a wrestler when Dad was a young guy lol. I don't see how people don't understand nobody is taking anything away from anyone. You have to incorporate Rocky back into the mix, familiarize those who aren't sure why Hobbs is in there beating ass with his cousin from the movie. It just so happens Rock is super fucking famous so yeah, he's going to not just overshadow Roman but everyone else in this company.

It'd be no different than if in 1999 they had fuckin Arnold show up and be in a tag match with Austin v. Triple H and Vince. He's going to overshadow everyone-including Austin, just because of how big of a name he is. It's only bigger in the wrestling bubble because Rock is from this world and someone like Arnold isn't.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a beat down that was. Man I love Rock as a heel. Drew also.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since Cody's mom has been talked about so much and included in the story, does anyone else expect heel Rock to take off that bloody belt and try to hand it to her at ringside seat, only for her to slap him in the face?

Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Mrs. Rhodes on a pole match between Rock and Cody?

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The memes are out, and I wish I'd thought of it.... Seth should troll the Rock for their match by coming out in a Flex Kavana-inspired gear.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not finished RAW yet, but what the fuck is wrong with people.

Seth in the crowd and some fucking kid has his phone right in his face.

What happened to just .. ya know.. enjoying it... I mean sure, take a picture or whatever but who's filming the entire fucking promo from 5 inches away.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHnFoley_Rulez View Post
    Not finished RAW yet, but what the fuck is wrong with people.

Seth in the crowd and some fucking kid has his phone right in his face.

What happened to just .. ya know.. enjoying it... I mean sure, take a picture or whatever but who's filming the entire fucking promo from 5 inches away.
    Vloggers and the like.

Give me the World Belt, dammit Zarius's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think we're going to see Rock v. Cody happen, ever.
    If Cody beats Rock on Night 1, he's not winning the title IMO. I think Rocky needs to go over (Philly...Rocky, makes logical sense) and do the favour for Cody at Summerslam when Cody becomes champion.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It definitely feels like Rock/Roman are winning on Night 1. I just don't know who takes the pin on the face side. Honestly, if Rock pins Cody that would be the smartest move. Seth losing back to back nights (I'm convinced Drew is taking the strap), idk about that one. Cody has barely lost. I still don't think we're going to get Cody v. Rock because I feel like Rock is going to turn on Roman costing him the title. I know some fans want Cody to go over clean but that's just not realistic. There's going to be too much shit going on.

It's fun to fantasy book and here we are....Just think....If Punk doesn't get fucked up on that ddt by Drew, what does Mania 40 actually look like? Was this the plan all along and maybe instead of Seth it was going to be Orton teaming with Cody maybe? Hard to tell.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tonight is going to be huge.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Can’t wait

hypothetically - does anyone know where someone without cable might watch raw is war tonight?

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where can you watch wrestling? Probably something dot com. But wtf do I know...?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Cmon man if you don’t know the answer just say that

thanks

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hulu Live TV or YouTube Live seem to be popular. I don't have cable either. There both sorta expensive though.

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just saw you can do a free 5 day trial of DirecTV Stream or 7 day trial of Fubo TV...

Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Anything cool happening? I don't have cable.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Cody came out and they did a video package of Cody's roads to the title win. Cody has Samantha say he is the new champ. Rock came out and cut a promo saying he is leaving, but will be back, tells him not to break his heart and gives Cody something we cannot see which could be a custom watch, something from Cody's past or MJF's ring. Also Dragonovich debuted and is facing Nakamarua.
    Last edited by lotjx; April 8th, 2024 at 9:04 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the theory that what he gave Cody was part of Reigns’ necklace. That fits with the whole “don’t ever break my heart again” thing. Like Rock had to destroy Roman for losing the main even and embarrassing the Bloodline. It’s real Godfather level stuff and I dig it. Awesome promo. So awkward and odd because Rock was giving respect not because he wanted to, but knew he had to.

That said, I do think it was probably the watch that he gave Cody.

Is there people saying they think it was MJF’s ring? Haven’t seen that yet but that would be cool.

Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m guessing the watch but intriguing nonetheless.

Wonder how long they’ll stretch it? Summerslam or possibly longer til Rock comes back.

Also Fatal 4 way main event was great. Fire promo from Drew beforehand and Punk messes with him again.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I think the rock gave Cody his mustache back.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    I think the rock gave Cody his mustache back.
    Someone mentioned that it could've been a Stardust glove.

While that would be interesting, I don't know if we want to get THAT far into the weeds about him being "the boss"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I've heard other theories.

A lighter. Apparently Cody's tour bus caught fire and this obviously implies the rock set the fire.

Rolex watch - Cody gifted roman, heyman, Seth and the rock matching Rolex watches. Something all 5 of them would remember the event by. Paul and Roman were spotted wearing them at the hof. Rock giving his back says f u I guess.

Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You forgot the most important theory of all. Austin.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    He gave him a tiny stone cold in his hand?

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    There is a theory its part of Roman's necklace and Cody is now the Tribal Chief.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    My guess is it was something they'll forget about by the time Rock returns.

Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Could be a dildo

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a rock.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's what was in the briefcase in Pulp Fiction.

Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be something to do with Dusty.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHnFoley_Rulez View Post
    It's what was in the briefcase in Pulp Fiction.
    It was Butch's watch that was jammed up the guy's butt for 5 years.

Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by casselmm47 View Post
    It was Butch's watch that was jammed up the guy's butt for 5 years.
    He goes by Pete Dunne now.

Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boogeyman gave Rock a few worms and gave them to him as a snack for later?

But seriously I'm leaning on possibly that watch or something Dusty-related due to the "don't go breaking my heart again" line. Part of the lei/necklace maybe but not sure if that matches up with the line. I guess we may or may not see when Rock comes back unless Cody addresses it much sooner.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a photo of Vince shitting on Janelle, that Roman had been using to stay on top for 3 years.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    There is a theory its part of Roman's necklace and Cody is now the Tribal Chief.

I buy the necklace thing. I don’t like the idea of Cody being the Tribal Chief. I’d rather the Bloodline just be done with.

Mentioned
    517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a magic bean.

Mama Rhodes is going to be mad that he sold the family watch for it, and throw it out the window.

Then Cody's true climb will begin.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Wrestling mysteries tend to be crap, half it is due to Vince not knowing what a mystery is. The other half is the IWC coming up with their own theory that they believe is 100% better than anything that will actually happen even if it makes zero sense. I am fine with it being a thing that gets brought up when Rock returns or whenever they decide to bring it up again when it makes sense.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The Rock: “Don’t you ever break my heart again.”

Was he referring to when Cody went to start AEW? “You’re a WWE guy, you just got one of the most iconic pushes in the history of the industry, don’t fuck it up.”

Whatever The Rock gave Cody was small enough to easily conceal in their hands; I really like the idea that it was part of Roman’s necklace, a legitimate passing of the torch.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Reports that Rhea may have to vacate her title tonight and was legit injured in the backstage brawl segment last week. Now only seeing one place reporting this and waiting to see if others confirm it. Sucks if that is the case.

Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It must have been when Liv threw the chair at Rhea, I was like oof that must have hurt.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It must have been when Liv threw the chair at Rhea, I was like oof that must have hurt.
    That is what the report said that I read.

Another site has confirmed the injury but not if she has to vacate or not

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I have heard that the injury was due to being pushed into the wall, explains the arm in a sling. Devastating blow for the women's division who is missing Becky and is a tad thin on the Raw side, but the draft is next week, so maybe they will make some moves. Liv's heat is going to be nuclear.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    I buy the necklace thing. I don’t like the idea of Cody being the Tribal Chief. I’d rather the Bloodline just be done with.
    You know with how vague they made the tribal chief stuff on Raw, I kinda like the idea that Cody is now manipulating Bloodline stories. It won't happen, but...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New WORLD tag titles look pretty

Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Can only imagine Gargano and Ciampa win the tag titles soon.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The production is seriously good these days. Loved how the camera followed Jey out of the arena, met up with Zayn, and then stayed with him as he entered the crowd.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's been refreshing not getting 73 camera cuts in 10 second spans like they have done before.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Completely sucks about Ripley. Liv heel turning is a chance for her to develop more of a character than just the plucky fluke 1-time champ who beat the Ronda Rousey that the WWE won't mention again, and also the girl who liked to get thrown around by Racquel Rodriguez at their tag opponents. But Liv is not in Rhea's league.

R Truth continues to find ways to thoroughly entertain us. His mixup of HHH/Ciampa was fun before, but doing in front of HHH was somehow even better. They won't be tag champs long, but this is still fun.

Delighted is how I feel about Sheamus' return. The moment Ivar came out it was clear that Sheamus was winning, especially since Ivar didn't have his valet.

Jey going over Balor made sense as he has the #1 contender at Backlash. I liked Jey fighting off a beatdown and escaping through the crowd. I thought the camera following Jey out through the audience, in the arena concessions etc, only to meet Sami outside was creative and done well.

Main event delivered.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it just me or did the crowd seem strangely mild during most of Zayn/Gable? The actual match they wrestled was good, but it seemed like the crowd wasn't that into it after the first few minutes.