Results 2,401 to 2,500 of 4453

Thread: The Official Monday Night RAW Thread

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    What I read said no one knows if it's changed or not. But it wasn't from Fightful Select directly because I'm not paying for wrestling news.
    Usually when someone says "This was in the original script" it means that the current script is different. Either way it's very odd. Why would Samoa Joe be on Raw?

Fantasy booking this rumor I would think maybe he was going to come out as champion and hype up the re-branding of NXT or whatever is going on. OR this was going to be another one of those Kross situations where what happens in NXT doesn't happen in the Raw/SD universe and Joe was going to get the fuck beat out of him and lose to one of Jinder's guys clean in a minute.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Joe isn't Kross, he had a match with Brock Lesnar. I think he was set to hype up NXT 2.0.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe isn't Kross, he had a match with Brock Lesnar. I think he was set to hype up NXT 2.0.
    And? Lol so did Braun Strowman and look what that got him, a one way ticket to Impact.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Big E said he's cashing in tonight.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    And? Lol so did Braun Strowman and look what that got him, a one way ticket to Impact.
    Being released is different than saying he would lose to one of Jinders goons though.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being released is different than saying he would lose to one of Jinders goons though.
    Dude I was being facetious lol. Did Kross show up and lose to one of Jinder's goons? No. Use your brain.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Big E said he's cashing in tonight.
    Oh damn, big worry about MNF killing the rating tonight then, haha.

Someone lemme know when this title match is on so I can watch Biggles cash in, thanks~!!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never really paid attention to the idea that WWE books differently when the NFL is going on. Did MNF also affect Raw back in the Attitude Era? Did Raw only get a 5 instead of a 6?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Dude I was being facetious lol. Did Kross show up and lose to one of Jinder's goons? No. Use your brain.
    Not yet, at least. He might just end up on main event.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    MNF was not as popular during the attitude era, no. Now it's a ratings machine and WWE does worse ratings when it's on, especially if there's a big game.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Does it matter if Joe shows up on RAW or not? It's not like any of you will watch it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    MNF was not as popular during the attitude era, no. Now it's a ratings machine and WWE does worse ratings when it's on, especially if there's a big game.
    Well, I just looked up 1999 and 2019 and the ratings for MNF are almost identical. Seems it's hovered around the 12-15 million mark for 20+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Does it matter if Joe shows up on RAW or not? It's not like any of you will watch it.
    I won't watch it live because I don't have cable but I will watch it tomorrow.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I won't watch it live because I don't have cable but I will watch it tomorrow.
    On Hulu? We should press play at the same time and discuss together. Maybe a twitch stream or something.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd like to see Big E win the title. I might watch on my phone while I watch Dexter with my wife.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will watch whether or not Joe is there, but I will undoubtedly enjoy it a LOT more if Joe shows up and defeats Lashley, to become Joe Two Belts.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On Hulu? We should press play at the same time and discuss together. Maybe a twitch stream or something.
    I just wish they didn't cut parts of the show. They've cut out every Kross match so far but the one with Ricochet.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I will watch whether or not Joe is there, but I will undoubtedly enjoy it a LOT more if Joe shows up and defeats Lashley, to become Joe Two Belts.
    Uhh... I've got some bad news.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd like to see Big E win the title. I might watch on my phone while I watch Dexter with my wife.
    You say Dexter but I'm picturing @mth and @Melly just sitting on a couch staring at a Dexter Lumis poster on a Monday evening

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    wait is Dexter back already?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Not yet.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    wait is Dexter back already?
    Re-watching it and my wife's watching for the first time. We're on season 5 so it's all down hill from here.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Re-watching it and my wife's watching for the first time. We're on season 5 so it's all down hill from here.
    oh woof. godspeed.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do like the fact that they bought E out right from the jump and that led to Lashley and Orton coming out and cutting him off. That showed that they wanted to put a bit of emphasis on E and the briefcase. All three guys (plus Riddle and MVP) were good in the opening segment. Always a plus when E gets to talk about big meaty men bumping meat. Saw a lot of people mad that this was just a ploy to combat Monday Night Football. First, that's adorable. That's the NFL and it's the king. Secondly, good. Would rather see Raw make an effort rather than punting away the episode.

Seeing Shayna randomly reminded me of that time she debuted and bit Becky on the neck. What a stupid idea haha. The match between Shayna and Charlotte was a little too sloppy for my liking and the bickering between Nia and Shayna has just run its course. Time to move on. The writing leaves a lot more to be desired when it comes to Alexa and Charlotte going at each other. That said, the crowd continues to really be in on Alexa, and theyr segment was decent because of. Would really be interested in Alexa/Charlotte without smoke and mirrors but don't have faith they will deliver on that.

Weird roller coaster for Hardy: being a 24/7 fill-in to being in a US Championship match. Do like the fact that Priest was making a point to saw he was a dream come true to square off against him. As well, very good for Hardy that the crowd still loves him. Rough spot off the top rope where most of Hardy's weight landed on Priest's neck but still decent enough of a match to watch.

What a mess of a match between Nikki and Tamina, with the latter being unable to kick out and forcing an awkward outro to break. They played Tamina's theme and announced her as the winner when she lost. Yikers. Rhea was really lost at sea when she came onto Raw, but she's really found her footing over the last several weeks. Accidental or not, the champs continued their losing ways, just in singles action. At least creative has figured out it is best to just turn the tag champs.

Mansoor channeled his inner Alex Wright on that entrance with New Day. Biggest takeaway was that Omos, again, was treated like a big deal and the crowd was in for it.

Karrion "Sean O'Haire" Kross entered the chat but didn't have anything substantial to say. At least the look and feel came off well.

Orton and Lashley wanted to beat the crap out of each other and that helped make the match. Continue to marvel how smooth and good Orton can be in the ring. Lashley getting the victory thanks to MVP made sense. Definitely suboptimal to go right to break after announcing E was cashing in haha. Good on them to go ahead and go for it with the change. Baller move to have E call his shot and have it hanging there, then he ultimately made good on it. For now, New Day is back together and E has the ball, ready to see how far he can go with it. This is definitely a boost that Raw desperately needed.

Good to see they announced when the draft will take place. Starts on 10/1 and will end on 10/4. Good news for those heading to Smackdown and troublesome for those heading to Raw.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; September 13th, 2021 at 11:03 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe as important, nothing from Elias @Bert

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell yeah, big E!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Maybe as important, nothing from Elias @Bert
    Booo.

I'm happy for Big E though.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic moment for Big E. I never would have thought the muscle for Dolph Ziggler would be WWE champion one day.

I watched the show in chunks:
    Opening segment with RKBro, Lashley and MVP, lurker Big E. It was fun and kept me watching it.

Charlotte interview, then last part of the segment with Alexa. I enjoy it when they don't switch the camera so often, you miss facial expressions or dramatic movements. Alexa was great with her doing the destroyer, then immediately going into the cross-legged sit, but her eyes were telling more of the story. Then later when she snatched the Lily doll off the turnbuckle. I like the little things. OH, and Charlotte sitting with her back to the LED board in disbelief at getting punked out of the ring.

Saw part of the Shayna stuff, turned it.
    Saw part of the Nikki stuff, turned it.
    Saw part of the Rhea stuff, turned it. Sensing a pattern here.

New Day and Mansoor dancing, while Ali was looking like WTF. Still turned it because I didn't care.
    Saw Drew's entrance, found out it was a six man, turned it.

Saw the end of Doudrop and Eva. It was better than it should have been, but I give credit to Piper Niven for that. And I have to give credit to Eva for taking that full on drop on her chest.

Got lost in the football game. It turned out pretty good. By about 10 minutes left, I said, okay, let's see how they get out of the actual cash-in or if they were going to have the balls to go through with it. The end of the match with Orton and Lashley was pretty good stuff. I legit thought Bobby freak hurt his knee at the table, but I'm seeing he was just over selling when part of the table actually hit his shin. Glad he's okay if true.

Then the cash-in happened...and they went to commercial.
    At first I was like WHAT THE FUCK??!?!? But then I thought it wasn't a bad idea, since they might have been thinking, like me, a lot of people were tuned in to the football game, so the break gave them time to let people text their friends that a cash-in was happening. I enjoyed that they had a decent, short match of sweaty meat slapping. That pop when he finally won was fantastic. I hope he has a good, long reign. At least through Royal Rumble, I'd say. Or even test out up to and through Mania.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Big E! Big E! Big E!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Awesome for big e! Well deserved. Nice set up and execution.

The show was a mixed bag. Everything with Orton, Lashley, big e, riddle and mvp was great.

The only women's stuff that kept my attention was flair from top to bottom. A lot of skipping on the rest and that finish with Nikki and tamina was God awful. Even doudrop and Eva put on a better match.

Drew bores me. Don't know why he just does.

8 man tag I skipped a bit but I think it's funny you have a 7 foot monster in Omar beating the fuck out of everything in his path and then you got that 7 foot giant jobber running with Jinder. 50/50 booking at its best I guess.

Now to see how long big e keeps the title.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish they didn’t advertise it all night long and make it more of a surprise like past cash-ins. Minor niggling aside, very happy for E. Hope he does have a decent reign.

Speaking of “reign” now that he’s out the SD title picture now, it wouldn’t surprise me now that they pull the trigger on Brock with Roman (though I hope they don’t).

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yay Big E

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Pretty freaking cool that he got to win in front of and celebrate post match with his boys Kofi and Xavier.

I was kind of worried that E was going to get lost in the mix on SmackDown, what with Finn and Brock having jumped him in the pecking order. I would imagine Lashley gets his rematch at “Extreme Rules”, then we have the chaos that is the draft the beginning of October. Hopefully he gets through the Rumble, dropping it at Mania would be optimal.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Wish they didn’t advertise it all night long and make it more of a surprise like past cash-ins. Minor niggling aside, very happy for E. Hope he does have a decent reign.

Speaking of “reign” now that he’s out the SD title picture now, it wouldn’t surprise me now that they pull the trigger on Brock with Roman (though I hope they don’t).
    They advertised it to help with ratings vs Monday night football. Business move but it's also refreshing to not only have it be a called shot but to make it different from the way most mitb matches play out. I'm not super hopeful for a super long reign though. New Day is completely reunited for now.

Reigns and Lesnar are definitely fighting at the Saudi show.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Pretty freaking cool that he got to win in front of and celebrate post match with his boys Kofi and Xavier.

I was kind of worried that E was going to get lost in the mix on SmackDown, what with Finn and Brock having jumped him in the pecking order. I would imagine Lashley gets his rematch at “Extreme Rules”, then we have the chaos that is the draft the beginning of October. Hopefully he gets through the Rumble, dropping it at Mania would be optimal.
    He also had family there. When he went over and hugged them I figured he was walking out with the title.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    New Day went from awful gimmick to the greatest faction in wwe history. I love these guys so much and I’m so fucking happy for Big E.

Now get Woods his KOTR win

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not going to lie I shed a few tears!

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Youtube clip of Big E's win is very oddly edited. They've got the tail end chunk of Lashley/Orton, then Big E comes out to cash in and they cut to him being announced/handed the title. Not a bit of the match, not even the finish and three count, just cut out the most dramatic big pop moment. Weird choice.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    The Youtube clip of Big E's win is very oddly edited. They've got the tail end chunk of Lashley/Orton, then Big E comes out to cash in and they cut to him being announced/handed the title. Not a bit of the match, not even the finish and three count, just cut out the most dramatic big pop moment. Weird choice.
    Here you go:

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am happy for Big E, as he's a guy who has put in the work for many years and he's delivered. I am looking forward to what's next for him. In the short term, he will probably come out and celebrate with the New Day next week but I am not sure if that's the right move - should they do more to emphasize the idea that he's on his own?

Rhea and Nattie both seemed to be smiling too much in their match. But I am getting down with Nikki AHS (as Sonya called her) and Sonya being paired together. Nattie and Tamina have had their run, but they lose too much to be considered legit champs.

The 8 man tag felt off to me, perhaps because the rapid pace that the faces worked did not mesh well against the larger heels. They clearly aren't sure if they have any plans for any of these 4 teams, but they want to keep Omos looking strong.

Nia and Shayna aren't on the same page. This probably means they will re-gain the women's tag belts next week.

The Charlotte/Alexa segment really should not have worked, but credit to both of them - as well as the great crowd - for making it entertaining as well as making us look forward to their match at Extreme Rules.

I agree with virm that Drew has been boring, especially lately, but I attribute that to the following - the stipulation that he could not fight for Lashley's title ever again, the stupid sword gimmick, and him being in so many matches with Jinder/Shanky/Veer. I won't get tired of him and Sheamus beating the snot out of each other, and I liked his putting Damien Priest over recently. A change in scenery should help him.

Randy and Bobby had a really good match with a predictable result. I have been reluctant to give Lashley much credit but his title run was really solid. He had very good matches with a whole slew of talent, and at some point I realized that he's become much more than a guy with a great look paired with a fantastic mouthpiece in MVP. Looking forward to what comes next for him as well.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Kofi and Xavier paying tribute to the Outsiders, I hope Big E comes out next week and goes full Hollywood Hogan. He can spray Booty on the title.

Rajah Universal Champion Mikey73181's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Boston now the first place to have two MitB cash ins?? Corbin with a loss a few years ago on Smackdown and now Big E with a win??

DISREGARD: Just realized Corbin was in Rhode Island. I was at that show, so just assumed it was at the Garden in Boston.
    Last edited by Mikey73181; September 14th, 2021 at 3:39 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Against Week 1 of Monday Night Football on ESPN and ABC, WWE Raw last night on USA Network was watched by 1,670,000 viewers on average, the fewest since July 12. 556,000 of those viewers were aged 18 to 49 (0.43 rating), the lowest since July 5.

Per Wrestlenomics.

MNF is a beast.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was a good fuckin game too.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Per Wrestlenomics.

MNF is a beast.
    Hopefully no one sees this as a slight on E.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here you go:

That video's not available in my country but no worries, I know where to find things. i just though their editing choice was very strange.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    That video's not available in my country but no worries, I know where to find things. i just though their editing choice was very strange.
    The night of his win I was able to find multiple videos on Youtube, FB, and Instagram that would start with Big E cashing in, they showed a few clips of the match but they showed the finish and the celebration with the other New Day members.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The night of his win I was able to find multiple videos on Youtube, FB, and Instagram that would start with Big E cashing in, they showed a few clips of the match but they showed the finish and the celebration with the other New Day members.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A good, hot start to the show. I might stick around for this one. Well, at least until the main which is rkbro stuff, which I never cared about.
    One thing I cannot abide by though is functional stupidity of the ref. He was LOOKING DEAD AT LASHLEY when he was attacking New Day, so that should be a DQ for the Bloodline. I know they don't want any loses on Roman in any way, but you could have at ref distraction, then New Day gets attacked, and still done the finish they used. Oh well. I do like that Lashley isn't just going to get pushed aside after losing the title.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Keith "Bearcat" Lee

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the Shayna we need. A killer. The remorse angle isn't really needed. I have to say, Nia is under rated in her acting a bit. Her saying she couldn't breathe, begging her for mercy. Then that piercing scream when Shayna annihilated her arm was borderline uncomfortable if I didn't know it was wrestling. I'd love it if when Nia comes back, they have a "big dog, little dog" with the two in that Nia obeys Shayna's directions because she knows how vicious she will attack her if she doesn't.

Also, Ali died for our sins. Jeebus that ring post spot, and that ending.
    Last edited by Supernovametalstar; September 20th, 2021 at 9:41 PM.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Damn, Big E can't get a win on his own show.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Not surprised. Win the title last week and lay down this week. Wouldn't want E. to build any momentum would we?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    At least he didn't take the pin, I guess.

Only saw bits and pieces of RAW but I'm guessing no Elias again.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Silver lining I guess.

I only watched bits too but didn't see Elias.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    Not surprised. Win the title last week and lay down this week. Wouldn't want E. to build any momentum would we?
    I hope for too much. The ending made logic sense, in that, Lashley was the one that inserted himself in the events at the beginning of the show, so him getting pinned wasn't so bad. He was made to look beastial throughout. They didn't have Big E take the pin, so it saves him "a little". He still lost as WWE champion which I hate. And we know 100% that Roman isn't losing to Balor at the ppv, but you still can't have him lose yet. I guess a scenario where you paint yourself in a corner, then resign yourself to walk on the floor, with the plan to fix the places you messed up later. Or am I hoping for too much again?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least he didn't take the pin, I guess.

Only saw bits and pieces of RAW but I'm guessing no Elias again.
    Elias is dead.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Elias is dead.
    Elias is dead. Long live Elias.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noticed that WWE cut Flair's "Woo" out of their video intro.

Pretty good promo by E to start the show. Good on him, because I'm sure he wanted to make sure it got in, to pay his respects to Brodie. Good on those who were aware to chant Brodie too. That crowd loved it when E and Reigns tagged in and finally got to square off. Not ideal to throw out a money match just to get stupid result, but I like the motivation behind it in the form of Lashley being pissed off after last week and housing everyone in his path. I mean, how can the ref not call a DQ on that? Stupid haha. One week in as champ, and E gets his wish for a BBMSB (Big Beefy Men Slapping Beef) main event.

Eva Marie is a net negative talent now. She had upside in her first run and this one is failing. She doesn't work well in the ring, not a great talker, and probably wouldn't be a good manager.

Styles and Orton certainly have had their share of matches together over recent months and years and this was a very good one by the two of them (probably their best, honestly). Fun spot, playing off their previous matchups, where they both caught each other when Styles went for the Phenomenal Forearm.

Extremely shocked and pleasantly surprised to see Shayna wreck Nia. That was a definitive win and the post match beatdown was emphatic. That was necessary if you're going to reset Shayna and make her a beast. A scary proposition is Nia on the blue brand.

That gauntlet a few weeks back was an eye opener in regards to how many teams Raw has. I like the fact of adding Carrillo and Garza to that mix. They tested that out last week and must have liked it. The ceiling probably isn't high, but they're capable guys and have the ability to mesh together well.

Well, the long nightmare of Natalya and Tamina as tag champions is finally over. This is a good role for Super Brutality but I feel bad for Tegan and Shotzi. They got hot shotted onto the main roster and made a moment by beating the champs, did so multiple times, and they just got left by the waste side. A major upside for these champs, which was a major weakness for the former champs, is the fact they can carry promos and will probably be entertaining over both shows.

Charlotte is above the hocus pocus crap Alexa can do and so far it seems like they've been avoiding that. I hope that continues. This wasn't as emotionally-fueled as Ruby and Britt's version last week on Rampage but this was pretty good. They've stacked back-to-back positive promos for those two women so now we'll see what they can do for the match on Sunday.

It's like clockwork now that Sheamus gets jacked up in his matches. Not sure I buy the need or the storyline aspect of Hardy being added to the US Championship match but that's where we are at.

Wow, Reigns on Raw works much more swiftly haha. Very fun main event. I don't think they necessarily booked themselves into a corner with this one but I can see how there's negativity to the idea of E getting beat up on Smackdown and then not standing tall to end this Raw. That doesn't necessarily help his cause but they were wanting to tell a story that E and Lashley were ready to tussle and Reigns ultimately was there to pick the scraps.

Low bar in mind: Pretty decent Raw.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noticed that WWE cut Flair's "Woo" out of their video intro.
    But USA (at least on DISH) still played a Car Shield ad with him in the last half of the show.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I thought it was odd that the Car Shield commercial still played when they supposedly cut ties with Flair.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by casselmm47 View Post
    But USA (at least on DISH) still played a Car Shield ad with him in the last half of the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Yeah, I thought it was odd that the Car Shield commercial still played when they supposedly cut ties with Flair.
    Pulling ads takes time. Some were already paid for.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They really rushed the Eva Marie/Doudrop pairing/storyline so it ultimately fizzled when it should have exploded. If they'd been on the same page for awhile at the start, with Doudrop doing the work and Eva steering the ship, even a short tag title reign perhaps, and then have Eva progressively be more and more of an asshole to her, building sympathy and support for Doudrop, until she eventually snaps...man, could have been a moment, could have been a pop, could have been a nice jumping-off point for Doudrop to move upward. As it is, the angle really didn't do either of them any favors nor is Doudrop really any better off than she would would've been if the pairing never happened. Shame.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eva couldn't steer a cup of coffee. Hope she's gone by day's end.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Eva couldn't steer a cup of coffee. Hope she's gone by day's end.
    Typical snarky smarky response.

Had great potential if they stretched it out longer to make the more casual and mainstream audience care and get to know Piper but they blew their load on the trigger quick.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's true though. Eva's still a terrible wrestler and talker. She doesn't belong in pro wrestling.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, not being good at steering would kind of be the whole point. The whole build up of her return was that she was going to be this inspiring leader/role model-type and they should have run with that longer, having her trying to command the team with Doudrop but obviously being really shitty at it so when Doudrop finally stands up for herself, she calls her out on her bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    It's true though. Eva's still a terrible wrestler and talker. She doesn't belong in pro wrestling.
    Agree with the first part, not the second. Yes she is terrible and that's why it works. She's the Queen of Trolls and it's awesome. It has its benefits if utilized properly but it has not been.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eva being a terrible wrestler was the whole meta self-aware point of the whole thing. That’s why they had her announce herself as the winner thing.

Instead of continuing Doudrop/Piper as an unbeatable monster, they stuck her in that daft Lily/Bliss bullshit making her scared which didn’t do good for anyone. Should’ve had Eva take credit for Piper’s destruction a lot longer.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What are the odds The Hurt Business get split up again in the draft?

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    They love splitting up teams too early. May as well so it twice with this team.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the bit now for Raw is the advertise hot matches at the start of the show to try to hook a casual audience before the football games start, only to provide a silly finish to said match to book another match as the main event. Got it haha. Pretty impressive by E to execute a leapfrog on Lashley. Really liked the promos E and Lashley had during the show, talking about their disdain for each other and about the main event. While they righted a wrong by bringing The Hurt Business back together, the lack of any hint of an explanation as to why that happened left things a bit hollow.

I like the idea of Garza and Carrillo tagging, but I don't need Garza in a singles match. Not many are going to remember but I remember the last time Garza wrestling in singles matches and he was all about sticking roses up guy's asses.

A true fall from grace for Ricochet, fighting in and losing a 24/7 match.

The soft reset for Keith "Bearcat" Lee seems like he's working just to wreck people.

Sheamus/Priest was pretty good but we've seen it too much and it hasn't been spiced up enough. That White Noise on the table looked gnarly for Priest's noggin.

Mansoor marking out for Hardy was pretty funny.

Kross was talking A LOT of gibberish lol.

Bless WWE for trying to make Omos a thing and kudos for Styles playing ball to help that attempt, but we need a serious top title run for Styles. It's been too long since we've seen him there. Fun one between Styles and Riddle (again).

Of course Eva was a buzzkill for what was coming off as a surprisingly good match between Dancing Doudrop and Charlotte. I...want to see more between Doudrop and Charlotte. Good on Shayna to eventually come out and be an eraser of annoying heels. Last week she took out Nia and this week it was Eva. I like it. Crowd seems to be approving it more, too.

Unannounced video promo from Goldberg featured this: “I’m going to hurt you (Lashley) real bad. Hell, if I’m lucky enough, I’ll even kill you.” That doesn't seem like a lucky scenario.

Really enjoy when E and Lashley get to lock horns in a BBMSB showdown. The quick interlude with New Day and THB getting involved was fun. This was definitely a rubber stamp match for E and helped further establish him as a credible champion. Kind of forgot about the idea of McIntyre now being able to compete for the WWE Championship with a new champion. It also felt like an afterthought since the idea is there that McIntyre could be or should be moving to Smackdown. That said, I like the idea of a hot-shot advancement of the match next Monday. Burns it quickly, sadly, but you at least get it before the draft concludes. The other negative is the fact that McIntyre has been utilized as a guy to get others over in the meantime, so the idea of him jumping right back to the title picture is a little less than ideal from that standpoint.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea of Garza and Carrillo tagging, but I don't need Garza in a singles match. Not many are going to remember but I remember the last time Garza wrestling in singles matches and he was all about sticking roses up guy's asses.
    And we can be thankful that gimmick never went anywhere, lol.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can they just change Piper Niven's name back ffs? Doudrop is one of the dumbest names I've ever heard, and it screams of coming up with a goofy name for a bigger girl and I hate it.

Otherwise, this actually sounds like a pretty solid RAW

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Glad to see Niven on Raw. Seems a very strange occurrence though, in that isn't she the first to go from NXT UK to a main show? As a regular, definitely.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The idea of Big E vs. Drew McIntyre doesn't intrigue me, but Drew's got no direction so I suppose it makes sense.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm al in on Keith Lee's new "Bearcat" nickname. It fits him well and is a cool tribute to those who've had it in the past. New gear looks good, too. Now hopefully they strap a rocket to the man.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Would rather his nickname be Battlekat

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I expect McIntyre is just there to put over Big E, then get drafted to Smackdown immediately after the match.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Keith Lee has a weird cadence and tone to his voice that I don't feel like fits well as a heel.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would rather his nickname be Battlekat
    Or Lee-Man Master of the Universe!

I am liking badass Shayna though Eva Marie seemed a strange choice to target as a fellow heel (unless she is taking out heels on purpose) but the fans still booed! Long love this singles run either way.
    Last edited by Badger; September 28th, 2021 at 1:15 PM.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I felt like the boos might have been piped in.

Because there was a distinct "one more time" chant going and positive reaction. And then all of a said, you had some sudden and generic boos coming in.

Really, Shayna got over as an asskicker, but not as a heel the last 2 weeks.

But its not hard to establish heel with her. That's her natural fit.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    I felt like the boos might have been piped in.

Because there was a distinct "one more time" chant going and positive reaction. And then all of a said, you had some sudden and generic boos coming in.

Really, Shayna got over as an asskicker, but not as a heel the last 2 weeks.

But its not hard to establish heel with her. That's her natural fit.
    Yeah you’re probably right on the piping in of boos, but that would suggest that they are likely going the heel route with her trying to get her booed.

However they frame her, I still like it though.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't mind Baszler being an ass-kicking face on Smackdown if they continue trying to push Lynch as a heel. The key word being "trying" as I suspect with Banks back, it was simply to generate support for Belair in the feud too. That said, her and Profits to Raw would make sense now. Exhausted the Usos feud and I think you get McIntyre + Viking Raiders coming over. About VR, they should be ass kicking faces having a long title run or just running over everybody.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wish good things for Finn and Ricochet.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think it's too early for Gable Steveson.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Did Elias get drafted to NXT?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did Elias get drafted to NXT?
    My guy, you can't draft a dead man.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Draft thoughts:
    - I guess the Becky/Bianca and Rollins/Edge stuff will continue.
    - Hardy promising a new version of himself probably doesn't mean Willow is coming, but I'm curious to see how different he will be. I'm sad that Himbo Theory wasn't present but I guess he'll be an ass.
    - Owens going to Raw was extremely predictable. Seemed kind of unceremonious based on what actually happened during his segment.
    - Xia Li is another project for Smackdown, following the likes of Toni, Shotzi, and Aliyah. Then you've got pieces like Shayna and Naomi that are getting pushed.
    - Good for Ricochet going to Smackdown. Maybe that means something will come of him.
    - Bálor going to Raw was beyond obvious but a circumstance was totally lost by me. Styles is on Raw. There's magic waiting there in a variety of ways.
    - Mixed bag in terms of Ridge Holland going up to Smackdown. If they go with what they're doing now for Kross, minus the needless debut loss, then there's promise. Guess Dunne is stuck in NXT.
    - They've really pushed their chips into the middle with Steveson. If you've made him a known pick, you have to think they're going to use him. Will be interesting to see how he is utilized.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; October 4th, 2021 at 11:44 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crowd not happy w/ that ending. Typical WWE, they just can't get away from that lazy DQ interference. Even w/ Sasha standing tall, the fans are rolling their eyes.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liv moved to Raw.

WWE booking at its finest:
    A makeshift team was brought up from NXT in the form of Shotzi and Tegan. Cold debut and they beat the tag champs. They beat them multiple times. Never got a title shot. They eventually got a chance to confront new champs...and the team was split up in the draft lol. Tegan goes to Raw and Shotzi stays on Smackdown.

Those said former champs (Natalya and Tamina) were split up too. Nattie goes to Smackdown, Tamina goes to Raw.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    -Match length from tonight’s episode (in minutes obviously), per the main page: 7, 2, 3, 9, 4, 2, 14. A total of 41 minutes of in-ring action in three hours.
    -The SmackDown Women’s division is freaking stacked. Add Bayley to that mix in the new year, hot damn. I feel Asuka stays on RAW.
    -No pressure, Gable.
    -A lengthy feud between AJ Styles and Edge, culminating in a 30 minute match at Mania? Inject that shit to my veins, please.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    My guy, you can't draft a dead man.
    Undertaker says hello

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    Undertaker says hello
    Which round did he get drafted in?

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Which round did he get drafted in?
    He's been drafted before in a past draft unless they made a rule change that they can't draft dead men since.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    He's been drafted before in a past draft unless they made a rule change that they can't draft dead men since.
    That's in the past. As for the present, we can watch him on Netflix starting today.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's in the past. As for the present, we can watch him on Netflix starting today.
    I won't though

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As if Pete fucking Dunne is still on NXT and Ridge Holland gets called up. Fuck me. Ridge Holland and Sheamus are just going to do the "team up to then fight each other to get the new guy over" on SmackDown. That'll take us all the way through to probably the WrestleMania pre-show.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't that how ricochet and alister black were brought to the main roster?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watching it now. It’s so bad it’s great!

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edge, Rollins, Styles & Balor on the same show is awesome. But I don't trust WWE to somehow not fuck this up. Get Styles out of this tag team nonsense and let Omos just be his bodyguard in the title hunt.

One thing I don't like is, like last time, they moved Rollins with Rey and continued that longwinded feud. It seems like they moved a lot of people for potential to continue feuds. I don't mind Edge & Rollins probably continuing but with the draft they seem to know how to beat these feuds to death and beyond.

And now we have Hardy & Sheamus still on the same shows after that miserable drunk driving storyline.

Don't care what happens with Jinder but to break one guy away from the trio is silly business.

Chad & Steveson on the same show. Give me some Gable & Gable, attorneys at law.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raw, as currently constructed, comes off as face heavy for the men. Smackdown, as currently constructed, comes off as light on faces for the men.