Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,700 of 4451

Thread: The Official Monday Night RAW Thread

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a good Raw post-Survivor Series. I thought the JD v. OC match was incredible. Idk how I feel about it not being on ppv and the heels ultimately going over but I have to assume there are bigger plans in store for this stable. Where everyone goes next is very interesting.

Miz v. Dexter Lumis hopefully being done for good would be awesome (no pun intended). I have no idea what the company sees in Lumis but I imagine his next move will probably be feuding with Finn Balor or Preest. The Miz is kind of a Dolph, a gateway test the waters character for the newer talent. The WWE have to know this storyline was terrible and both guys need to be involved in something to make up for it.

SP returns, tag scene looking very strong but it's the same people. Sure, Viking Raiders have a new manager and more Viking look but it's the same teams. We need 2 new teams asap. Kill Los Lotharios while you're at it. Push Maxim Models a little more. Hit Row has been kind of a dud. Never liked the stable to begin with even when Swerve was leading. B-Fab is great, but the big guy with the Crow villain name is probably the weakest link. Or maybe they need to turn heel. Sorry for the tangent and talking about teams mainly on Smackdown but the tag scene needs a little change despite the strength of certain players in the mix.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Swerve is a lot more interesting than Top Dolla or Ashanti. B-Fab is great. You're right about the staleness of the tag team division.

It's like, Alpha Academy is wrestling, there's a 90% chance they'll lose. I'd say the one good thing is that they are featuring actual teams, rather than putting two solo guys together for no reason. I'm sure you'll come up with examples of two solo guys being put together recently, but I can't think of any other than RK-Bro, but that's surely a Vince idea.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Swerve is a lot more interesting than Top Dolla or Ashanti. B-Fab is great. You're right about the staleness of the tag team division.

It's like, Alpha Academy is wrestling, there's a 90% chance they'll lose. I'd say the one good thing is that they are featuring actual teams, rather than putting two solo guys together for no reason. I'm sure you'll come up with examples of two solo guys being put together recently, but I can't think of any other than RK-Bro, but that's surely a Vince idea.
    I really can't think of any mashed up wrestlers in the vein of RK-Bro for example. I also just remembered that despite them being in 6/8-man tags, we have the Good Brothers back and I'm sure they'll be doing something positive in the tag division. Personally I wouldn't mind them being the ones to end the Usos reign.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm hoping for a DIY reunion once Ciampa returns. I was also thinking of past NXT tag teams, like Authors of Pain (don't think they are signed anywhere), the Revival (I think I remember them praising Triple H, how much longer on their AEW contracts?), Sanity, fuck I'll even take the Vaudevillains. Basically any team but Enzo/Big Cass and Undisputed Era. What a hell of a tag team roster they'd have if they could even get half of those teams back. Don't forget Imperium on Smackdown!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping for a DIY reunion once Ciampa returns. I was also thinking of past NXT tag teams, like Authors of Pain (don't think they are signed anywhere), the Revival (I think I remember them praising Triple H, how much longer on their AEW contracts?), Sanity, fuck I'll even take the Vaudevillains. Basically any team but Enzo/Big Cass and Undisputed Era. What a hell of a tag team roster they'd have if they could even get half of those teams back. Don't forget Imperium on Smackdown!
    DIY would be a slick team to reunite on the main roster. They had a few matches where they looked like midgets against The Bar but that's ok lol. AOP would be great, The Revival I just saw on Twitter have a few months left those 3 year AEW contracts are coming to an end for quite a few wrestlers. I imagine they'll end up not returning to the WWE though. They can make just as much if not more money in AEW plus being able to work for other promotions.

Imperium is a good shout out. Maybe Raw is lacking a little more than Smackdown but that's ok. Collectively it's a strong division.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talk about solo guys being thrown together - they did announce last night that next week on Raw, the Usos will defend their tag titles against Elias and Riddle. Elias also mentioned that he's never won any gold yet.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Talk about solo guys being thrown together - they did announce last night that next week on Raw, the Usos will defend their tag titles against Elias and Riddle. Elias also mentioned that he's never won any gold yet.
    Just further burying the 24/7 championship.

That said, he doesn’t need gold nor is he really good enough in the ring where I’d want to see him be a prominent champion.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure what the Elias/Riddle thing is all about but it can't end soon enough. I can appreciate Elias in that gimmicky midcard role. Riddle is someone who should be in the mix with the US/IC title and treated as a threat to the World title. That last part is kind of hard in the current climate but it still holds true. Would anyone be truly shocked if Seth Rollins or Lashley or Drew beats Roman? They shouldn't.

I was watching the Nitro after World War 3 1997 last night and Hogan was there. But I realized how often the nWo would come out and Hogan wasn't there. So his appearances were pretty special. Roman I think has that same vibe. He's Hogan, and then you got your Outsiders, your X-Pac, The Giant, whoever you want to throw in there. This stable has potential to have some serious longevity especially when you think about where Roman and the Usos are and what they've done. Not much left to do but stay top shelf and make money until you're ready to retire.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    OC and Judgement Day was brilliant.

What has happened to Finn Balor though? Over the top mannerisms, taunts and cheesy as hell promos. He's like a cartoon character at the moment. Just doesn't really seem to fit in with the rest of the group, for me.

New to the role, but Kevin Patrick seems to be struggling a bit out there. Not the most knowledgeable, either with history or with the names of moves.

Early days though.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kind of like Kevin Patrick's enthusiasm, though. He still has room for improvement, but I think he has done okay so far. In particular, I like how he makes comments that set Graves up to shine as a heel announcer. I was not a fan of Graves early work, but he has come into his own. I have to believe that not having Vince hollering in their ears has to make them more comfortable.

I agree with your comments on Balor. He's just sort of ... there. I get that they needed to revive AJ Styles and I don't think Balor was hurt by the loss there, but it seems clear that most of Judgment Day's heat is coming from Rey and Rhea.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I hated the other week when JBL kept calling Kevin Patrick...was it shamrock or leprechaun? Either way I hated it and maybe I just really hate JBL but that guy could get lost at sea and I wouldn't miss him

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kevin Patrick is good for the pre-show, he's good for the lesser watched shows like Level Up. Part of me thinks he's getting this role because they're going to make him the lead announcer for NXT Europe. Give him some exposure because despite what some might think, announcers are just as much part of the show as Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins. I think that's why people have had a hard time accepting anyone since Jim Ross. He wasn't just some guy off the streets or a sports channel or whatever the fuck that they put in that spot.

I don't think those of us who grew up in the 80's and 90's will ever enjoy someone other than Jim Ross in that role. If we haven't accepted Michael Cole by now the same way we accepted JR, nobody has a chance right now.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pat McAfee is perhaps the one exception to that.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'll take anyone but Tazz over JR, currently and in the past. In my opinion, you'll never get anyone better than Bobby Heenan, Gorilla Monsoon, Jesse Ventura, Jerry Lawler, and yes, Vince McMahon.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I was not a fan of Graves early work, but he has come into his own. I have to believe that not having Vince hollering in their ears has to make them more comfortable.
    This, all of it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kind of like Kevin Patrick's enthusiasm, though. He still has room for improvement, but I think he has done okay so far. In particular, I like how he makes comments that set Graves up to shine as a heel announcer. I was not a fan of Graves early work, but he has come into his own. I have to believe that not having Vince hollering in their ears has to make them more comfortable.

I agree with your comments on Balor. He's just sort of ... there. I get that they needed to revive AJ Styles and I don't think Balor was hurt by the loss there, but it seems clear that most of Judgment Day's heat is coming from Rey and Rhea.
    Pat McAfee is perhaps the one exception to that.
    But see here we're talking about 2 totally different positions. Corey and Pat are not play by play lead announcers like Michael Cole and Kevin Patrick. They're color commentators. They're Bobby Heenan to Gorilla Monsoon.

My question is this: When did you finally warm up to Graves if we're going to mention Vince's influence? So you've only liked Corey for the last 3 months?

See, Graves is someone who had it back in NXT. The only thing I've honestly noticed that was any different on commentary in the last couple months is them dropping the knowledge of other promotions. Beyond that, I don't see much of a difference from anyone that has been there longer than Wade and Kevin Patrick. I mean Kevin Patrick never even had Vince in his ear. It seems like every major wrestling show has a shit play by play announcer. Excalibur in AEW, probably the worst of all time. He's Mike Adamle level. Michael Cole shouldn't be the best at the booth but that's where we're at these days lol.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Graves is fully capable of becoming a play-by-play commentator down the line.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    I think Graves is fully capable of becoming a play-by-play commentator down the line.
    I think when he's kind of naturally slid into the role in the midst of a match he's fine, but I have no interest in him actually assuming that role. I like his flexibility in the color commentary spot.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, first off, I must admit, I am really really jealous of Corey, because he gets to Carmella. But now that you're pressing me, I think I didn't start appreciating Corey at the announce table until they ditched the 3-man booth.

Most fans don't even think about the announce desk unless one or more of 3 things happen -

1. They really mess things up (calling a superstar or a move by the wrong name)
    2. They get involved with the in-ring talent storyline wise
    3. They will say something funny, that makes us enjoy the show a little bit more

But the announce desk needs to do more to help advance storylines, or to help get a character over. Little things, like this week they put over how tough a toll the War Games matches were, or how they wondered about Alexa Bliss' response to a question - she seemed to be thinking of something else.

Cole is terrific at making small comments that further the story - go back and look at how he wondered about Jey and Sami not being on the same page, etc., noticing Jey's body language for example. The announce desk works with talent and together they built the story to one of the best things we've had in years. Cole has been doing this a long time, so of course he should be good at it by now.

The announcers will inevitably look like idiots as a part of their job requires that they have to pretend they've never watched wrestling before. Act like they've just seen the most shocking thing ever when someone turns.

You make a fair point that play-by-play guys are a different role than color commentary, but I'd counter that their roles aren't all that different for most of the segments on a given show. It doesn't matter to me if it's Kevin or Corey that sends us back to Cathy for an backstage interview.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, first off, I must admit, I am really really jealous of Corey, because he gets to Carmella. But now that you're pressing me, I think I didn't start appreciating Corey at the announce table until they ditched the 3-man booth.

Most fans don't even think about the announce desk unless one or more of 3 things happen -

1. They really mess things up (calling a superstar or a move by the wrong name)
    2. They get involved with the in-ring talent storyline wise
    3. They will say something funny, that makes us enjoy the show a little bit more

But the announce desk needs to do more to help advance storylines, or to help get a character over. Little things, like this week they put over how tough a toll the War Games matches were, or how they wondered about Alexa Bliss' response to a question - she seemed to be thinking of something else.

Cole is terrific at making small comments that further the story - go back and look at how he wondered about Jey and Sami not being on the same page, etc., noticing Jey's body language for example. The announce desk works with talent and together they built the story to one of the best things we've had in years. Cole has been doing this a long time, so of course he should be good at it by now.

The announcers will inevitably look like idiots as a part of their job requires that they have to pretend they've never watched wrestling before. Act like they've just seen the most shocking thing ever when someone turns.

You make a fair point that play-by-play guys are a different role than color commentary, but I'd counter that their roles aren't all that different for most of the segments on a given show. It doesn't matter to me if it's Kevin or Corey that sends us back to Cathy for an backstage interview.
    Let's be real, that is a nothing "requirement" and in no way means they're similar positions lol. Jerry Lawler and Jim Ross didn't do the same thing. They reached a common goal, but in their own way. JR wasn't putting over the heels as good people, King wasn't praising the heroic acts of the babyface. King didn't call 90% of the action in the ring, JR did. How are you going to post all of that stuff before and then try to boil it down to oh well who cares they just send us back to Cathy for an interview??

I get that about the 3-man booth and how you can now focus more on what Corey is doing. How that relates to Vince screaming in your ear is beyond me. I don't really notice a difference so maybe that tells me the screams were few and far between. I think that stuff is so blown out of proportion as it is.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really fun match between Bayley, Asuka, and Rhea. Result there seems to further reinforce the idea that Rhea could be a key figure for the championship picture at Mania with Bianca.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just catching up on Raw as it conflicted with the Patriots.

I really liked the segment with Elias coming to ask KO for his help against common enemy in the Bloodline. Especially KO's reaction. This is well worth rewatching. I liked Elias' concert honoring his best bro Riddle, with Riddle's lyrics rolled up like a doobie. I hope Riddle figures his shit out at rehab as he is missed.

I am onboard with Bliss winning, and the tease to her going back to being associated with the Fiend character intrigues me. Bliss has a track record of making us care about whatever her story involves. Bianca continues to benefit by being in a program with both Bayley and Bliss - I hope some of their ability to own a crowd rubs off on her.\

Another really good match with Gable ending in a loss for him, but it was no surprise as AJ still needs the wins to rebuild himself.

Street Profits/Ninja Tozawa losing cheaply to JD was not unexpected, and I flipped forward through most of it.

Gargano/Lumis giving away WWE merch was clever product placement. Miz saying he has a ton of money...that Maryse controls, was more fun than I expected. Double or nothing Ladder match next week - I didn't know I wanted it, but consider me very entertained.

I like Ripley, but Asuka is losing a lot lately. Like Bliss, I hope they have something better for her.

Ziggler has lost too much for too long to be taken seriously as a threat to Theory.

Main event was fun, but the firing of Lashley seemed out of nowhere. Is he just taking time off for once in his career?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pearce has already un-fired Bobby via social media.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a pointless waste then lol.

Pearce is such a bland “authority figure”.
    Last edited by Badger; December 13th, 2022 at 10:25 PM.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This week, I found Pearce's first appearance with the Miz / Gargano / Dexter worked well. But even though he also went after a heel in Bobby, it just didn't work. Nobody believes firing angles nowadays - not that we ever did.

It reminded me of his getting involved in Rhonda's storyline, calling her the biggest pain in the ass, but as Rhonda went full heel, they dropped him from her story.

Authority angles usually don't work, and they especially don't work when the authority figure exceeds his authority but doesn't get comeuppance.

One thing I forgot to mention in my recap above, I liked the segment with Dom being attended to with the eye drops after Asuka's mist (and Asuka looks even yummier without the geisha makeup) in the face. Priest actually gave us something entertaining with his "It could always be worse - something else could burn worse" Preist has been really doing nothing in Judgement Day for several weeks, so this was a nice reminder that he's talented.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raw is live tonight in my city (Des Moines, IA) Am I going? Nope lol. I can't figure out why the WWE feels like they should come to Des Moines in the fucking winter. Both Raw and Smackdown this year were in the winter. At least today it's 30, the rest of the week we have highs of like -4.

Should be a good show but a ladder match with Miz v. Dexter Lumis? If the ladder match was Seth Rollins v. Austin Theory for the US title it might've convinced me to take a trip to Wells Fargo Arena. I haven't been to a WWE show since 2019 when they did a double Raw taping during the Lashley/Lana storyline....

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Raw is live tonight in my city (Des Moines, IA) Am I going? Nope lol. I can't figure out why the WWE feels like they should come to Des Moines in the fucking winter. Both Raw and Smackdown this year were in the winter. At least today it's 30, the rest of the week we have highs of like -4.

Should be a good show but a ladder match with Miz v. Dexter Lumis? If the ladder match was Seth Rollins v. Austin Theory for the US title it might've convinced me to take a trip to Wells Fargo Arena. I haven't been to a WWE show since 2019 when they did a double Raw taping during the Lashley/Lana storyline....
    Becky vs Bayley is a good selling point of a match for me.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    Becky vs Bayley is a good selling point of a match for me.
    I like that they haven't wrestled each other in a long time too. Is it worth the price of admission? Maybe. Not this time though. My best friend will be there for me lol

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If RAW weren't 3 hours long, I'd probably tune in for the ladder match...

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    If RAW weren't 3 hours long, I'd probably tune in for the ladder match...
    Do what I do when I'm watching it live....Have a graphic novel close by. I swear my grandparents read more books while the tv was on than when it wasn't lol. For some reason it works.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do what most casual fans and I may or may not do…pay Mandy Rose then wank between commercial breaks.

Jokes aside if Raw and Smackdown were the same length (pun intended), imagine how awesome this would be.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Do what most casual fans and I may or may not do…pay Mandy Rose then wank between commercial breaks.

Jokes aside if Raw and Smackdown were the same length (pun intended), imagine how awesome this would be.
    It's not like Raw's been 3 hours forever. What was the excuse when Raw was 2 hours and the ratings dipped every year?

One upside is that we live in a time where we can still stay involved through various means. 25 years ago you had to sit through 3 hours of Nitro unless you taped it. Now you have DVR, you can watch highlights on social media, youtube, etc.

It's not about the length it's about the product. There are people who will watch NFL games all day long, most games last around 3+ hours and they'd do it year round if the season allowed it. Just like there are wrestling fans who would watch 3 hours every Monday if the product was good enough. Again I think we digest tv differently than the old way of gauging viewership but the product is not as great as it needs to be. IDK if it CAN be good enough to get 4-5 million watching Raw again on tv as we have so many other options compared to the peak years of the 90's/early 2000's....but you never know. Def not with Miz/Lumis.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    It's not like Raw's been 3 hours forever. What was the excuse when Raw was 2 hours and the ratings dipped every year?

One upside is that we live in a time where we can still stay involved through various means. 25 years ago you had to sit through 3 hours of Nitro unless you taped it. Now you have DVR, you can watch highlights on social media, youtube, etc.

It's not about the length it's about the product. There are people who will watch NFL games all day long, most games last around 3+ hours and they'd do it year round if the season allowed it. Just like there are wrestling fans who would watch 3 hours every Monday if the product was good enough. Again I think we digest tv differently than the old way of gauging viewership but the product is not as great as it needs to be. IDK if it CAN be good enough to get 4-5 million watching Raw again on tv as we have so many other options compared to the peak years of the 90's/early 2000's....but you never know. Def not with Miz/Lumis.
    Think the real problem with Raw (and to an extent SD)!is not really the length but the formatting. You can just about always predict it to a tee. Opening promo…commercial break. If match is important and not promoted for the main event…another ad break. Backstage segment where someone may or may not be beaten up. Then another match. Something happens then ad break. Come back match over. Random backstage challenge then match made…more hype for the main event etc. All with generally using the same people.

Wish I was taking the piss here but that’s generally what happens IMO with the formatting. Smackdown to me still more digestable.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, I should have tuned in as big Bronson Reed returned in that match. Was busy watching Christmas Bloody Christmas with the missus. Will probably try to dial it up tomorrow.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Bloodline anarchy helped keep things going over the course of the first two hours of the night.

Miz is really running through the NXT B&G roster for seconds/heaters at an alarming rate.

Theory continues to keep delivering with his promos. Rollins was great in his spot too.

The Blue Thunder Bomb is not a finisher unless your name is AJ Styles.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    The Bloodline anarchy helped keep things going over the course of the first two hours of the night.

Miz is really running through the NXT B&G roster for seconds/heaters at an alarming rate.

Theory continues to keep delivering with his promos. Rollins was great in his spot too.

The Blue Thunder Bomb is not a finisher unless your name is AJ Styles.
    BG saying B and G. Besides @Donald and maybe one or two others I giggle.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I thought that was a pretty good raw overall. The Bloodline running roughshod over everyone kept a nice what will happen atmosphere. I enjoyed the matches and tie ins to various elements of the storyline to different degrees.

I think the only thing I would have done different was the main event should have ended in a cluster fuck. Yes, there was madness all over the end but I could have seen everything playing out almost the same except Sammy coming in sooner. Big staredown between him and ko and reigns blindsides ko with a spear. Quick uso splash and then a 3. Or do the dq. I know ko will probably get his next week or on smackdown but I would have liked to see them build the suspense of Cena being a difference maker before the supposed bloodline meltdown.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Think the real problem with Raw (and to an extent SD)!is not really the length but the formatting. You can just about always predict it to a tee. Opening promo…commercial break. If match is important and not promoted for the main event…another ad break. Backstage segment where someone may or may not be beaten up. Then another match. Something happens then ad break. Come back match over. Random backstage challenge then match made…more hype for the main event etc. All with generally using the same people.

Wish I was taking the piss here but that’s generally what happens IMO with the formatting. Smackdown to me still more digestable.
    I agree. The format has really been the same for so many years.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    The ladder match sucked, Dexter sucks. Sorry mth.

Pleased to see Bronson back though, I really liked his NXT run.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Get in the bin Murphy Dexter is great.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Ha, the character I don't mind, but the matches. Moving like a robot or like he has full body arthritis I assume is his gimmick somehow, but he just looks really green. And he really isn't.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Miz carried that entire ladder match. I LOVED the spot where the crowd is chanting for tables, and he goes under the ring where they've stacked tables, and then pisses the crowd off.

Dexter's character is fine, but it isn't working in matches this long.

Bronson Reed is fine, but whatever happened to Ciampa?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Miz carried that entire ladder match. I LOVED the spot where the crowd is chanting for tables, and he goes under the ring where they've stacked tables, and then pisses the crowd off.

Dexter's character is fine, but it isn't working in matches this long.

Bronson Reed is fine, but whatever happened to Ciampa?
    Ciampa's hurt.

Lumis has a gimmick that isn't terrible but it shouldn't be all he's about. The silence, the art, have we ever taken a trip inside his mind to find out what that's all about?

I've watched him since he debuted in TNA and during that time he transitioned into basically what we see today except he talked and kidnapped women. Lumis as a babyface doesn't work for me at all. He's someone that would've probably thrived debuting with a stable in the vein of The Wyatt Family. Here's Dexter Wyatt, the quiet, silent cousin of Bray.

But what we saw of him in NXT, what we're seeing now....I just don't get it. His matches are pretty whack too.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I could handle being a Cena and Reigns fan at their most hated, i think I can live with some folks not digging Lumis. Some of my least favorite wrestlers are other people's favorites. Different strokes for different folks. It's all subjective.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked Dexter to a point. Now, the milk has kinda gone bad. He peaked a long time ago.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't get the appeal and I've never heard anyone give any kind of real answer when asked what is the appeal? Is it the moves, is there something relatable that I'm missing?

I can't imagine people like him because he stares off into space and can draw. If that was a way to get over I would've been the most popular kid in 5th grade.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I already did that in the NXT thread awhile back. Don't really feel like doing it again because I expect you'll just be looking to counterpoint it all. Simply put, I like everything about him and I don't care to try to convince anyone else.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I already did that in the NXT thread awhile back. Don't really feel like doing it again because I expect you'll just be looking to counterpoint it all. Simply put, I like everything about him and I don't care to try to convince anyone else.
    What you expect isn't always what happens. Cool, awhile back you supposedly went into it but to what degree? If it makes you feel any better you're not the only person that was directed toward as I'm seeing several people in this conversation saying they like him but zero reason as to why.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are people I don't really get into that I understand why others do. I'm barely a fan of New Day, but I get it. The comedy, the matches, the look, the promo skills. Nobody that likes New Day says "I think they're cool and that's the end of it"

For me if I can understand why someone has a fanbase, who has the support of the office, it at least softens the blow when I see they're wrestling lol. But if it's simply something like "I'm a fan of Apollo Crews because he does a nice moonsault" Well that's weak lol.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does it matter? If someone likes Crews because he does a nice moonsault that's totally fine. Sorry their reason isn't good enough for you but no one owes you anything. You don't get why people like Dexter? Same hundreds of reasons they'd like anyone else. Take your pick: look, character, wrestling, his fucking mustache, etc.. It's not complicated and no one owes you a Powerpoint presentation having to explain themselves.
    Last edited by mth; December 21st, 2022 at 1:11 PM. Reason: trying to be less sassy

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I barely follow NXT. I like Dexter because I like the contrast with the guy he's been paired with since he first appeared on the main roster. The Miz is awesome. The wrestling is secondary to the storyline, but the Miz is a vet who knows how to sell with the best of them, and the classic heel heat he gets really helps get his opponents over. And this is proof that the storyline does not even have to be great to make it entertaining. I'd lfully expect that Miz next time will come out and thank Bronson Reed for his efforts - and say he will overlook the fact that it took Reed 11 or 12 minutes to come out there when it would have been better if he'd done so immediately, but since the Miz is such a pro, such a talented wrestler (list his accomplishments) he was able to overcome it, then get back to thanking Reed and paying him a single bill out of the two bags of cash, and let him know there's more where that came from. Reed probably won't say anything till next year.

Will we get Dexter/Gargano vs. Miz/Reed in the undercard of the Rumble? None of them would stand any chance to win the Rumble, but they could reset the crowd between the ladies' Rumble and the men's main event.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does it matter? If someone likes Crews because he does a nice moonsault that's totally fine. Sorry their reason isn't good enough for you but no one owes you anything. You don't get why people like Dexter? Same hundreds of reasons they'd like anyone else. Take your pick: look, character, wrestling, his fucking mustache, etc.. It's not complicated and no one owes you a Powerpoint presentation having to explain themselves.
    Everything matters. You of all people should know that or you'd still be a bible thumping dweeb.

I flat out explained in detail why it matters to me because even if I don't like something, if I understand why others do it makes me less negative about the situation. It's funny, you ask why does it matter? Why is my desire to know why people like certain things such a problem for you? I mentioned my comments weren't even directed solely toward you.

Even if it was something as stupid as "I think he's great because of his mustache" at least it's something. But you were so offended by me questioning WHY, it's almost making me want to keep this going.

I barely follow NXT. I like Dexter because I like the contrast with the guy he's been paired with since he first appeared on the main roster. The Miz is awesome. The wrestling is secondary to the storyline, but the Miz is a vet who knows how to sell with the best of them, and the classic heel heat he gets really helps get his opponents over. And this is proof that the storyline does not even have to be great to make it entertaining. I'd lfully expect that Miz next time will come out and thank Bronson Reed for his efforts - and say he will overlook the fact that it took Reed 11 or 12 minutes to come out there when it would have been better if he'd done so immediately, but since the Miz is such a pro, such a talented wrestler (list his accomplishments) he was able to overcome it, then get back to thanking Reed and paying him a single bill out of the two bags of cash, and let him know there's more where that came from. Reed probably won't say anything till next year.

Will we get Dexter/Gargano vs. Miz/Reed in the undercard of the Rumble? None of them would stand any chance to win the Rumble, but they could reset the crowd between the ladies' Rumble and the men's main event.
    Interesting take on Lumis despite the majority of your post being about The Miz. I think the storyline is probably the worst storyline since Lana/Lashley but I do know there were a lot of people who liked that sort of soap opera relationship angle stuff.

None of it makes sense especially when they try to connect Dexter's relationship with Gargano. Lumis being involved makes zero sense. He was going to be paid by The Miz to pretend to stalk Miz so he would get sympathy....but why did he choose Dexter? He never explained why Dexter was chosen.

I think the WWE should lean into that stalking aspect but they probably won't. That's also tied into the Sam Shaw TNA character where he abducted Christy Hemme in one of the most uncomfortable segments I've ever seen.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree it's not the best storyline, but it feels like they at least tried to make it interesting from week to week, and most weeks to give it some storyline progression. And Miz did explain he picked Dexter because, out of the kindness of his heart, he wanted to help someone who was down on his luck. And as I recall, Miz claimed that it was Dexter who kept demanding more and he didn't deserve it. Whatever really happened and why is questionable, but in delusional heel Miz's mind, he always convinces himself he is right.

As for the stalking, WWE won't tie in to an older storyline from someone else's show.

Miz has always been at his most entertaining when he has a lackey or sidekick. They can re-run the story over and over where the heel abuses the sidekick, until finally the sidekick gets his revenge. Miz always finds a way to make it work and still be entertaining.

The formula hasn't worked nearly as well for others (sorry Jinder/Shanky , sorry Eva Marie/Doudrop, jury is still out on Gable/Otis).

It worked with Corbin/Madcap, but since then, Corbin has gotten screen time with JBL while Moss is occasionally eye candy for his wife.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The WWE are already using 90% of the gimmick just without any explanation as to why he is the way he is. I think that's a key to the evolution of Dexter. Speaking on behalf of those who watched him in NXT, he's never evolved the gimmick in terms of the background. That would be an interesting aspect to his character.

Agree 100% on The Miz being his most entertaining with someone to play off of. Whether that's Maryse, a tag partner, a bodyguard, doesn't matter. I feel the same way about Edge. Edge on his own is ok, Edge in a stable, tag-team or with a manager is 10x better. Edge w/ Lita, oh man that was nuclear heat. Same with Miz. Everyone knows Maryse is at least a 10/10 and a goofy lizard faced cat like the Miz getting her? Brilliant pairing on and off camera.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dom and Rhea attacked Rey again, this time on Xmas Eve, and Dom got arrested.
    Last edited by mth; December 25th, 2022 at 2:22 PM.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dom and Rhea attacked Rey again, this time on Xmas Eve, and Dom got arrested.
    Well Rhea is completely in the right there because she was the one that got slapped yet Dom was the one arrested. Also the whiney way Dom says “Mammi” is once again gold after the eye burn segment.

Needless to say, Dom/Rey HAS to happen at Mania! Any other national US holidays (other than New Years if Dom somehow makes bail lol) between now and Mania where Rey may trolled because these are lovely.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s been released from jail now thanks to “Mami” lol.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With that barnet on Dom, it's surely set up for Hair vs. Mask at 'Mania? It's been a really well built match and you'd imagine they'll have been working it out forever. It'll be interesting to see how they roll into Wrestlemania and whether Trips does have his finger on the pulse for the long build and sticking the landing, as there's potential for a really fun card with 4 mega strong champions (Roman, Gunther, Bianca, Usos) going in. To me, Roman vs. Rhodes, Gunther vs. Sheamus, Usos vs. Owens/Zayn and Bianca vs. Rhea are all no brainers and would be as heated as anything. Lesnar vs. Lashley 3, the Mysterio bout, maybe Theory vs. Logan Paul for the US Title if they want a fitting bout for both. Becky winning the Rumble and challenging Ronda for her title. Orton vs. Riddle if he's back makes sense. Rollins, Balor, Styles and Edge need something. Maybe Edge gets caught up in Bray's bollocks and Rollins vs. Styles. Drew vs. Heel Strowman. Everybody else in the pre-show Battle Royals, though there's potentially Goldberg to find something for as well, and the women's Tag - maybe Goldberg vs. Kross (or Bill vs. Edge and Bray vs. Kross) and Io/Kai vs. Alexa/Liv.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hair vs Mask would be a great idea. Question is who do you have go over? Go for the traditional feel-good story of Rey finally getting his revenge humbling his son or you actually go the shock route having Rey put him over to give him the biggest win of his career with the added shock of being the one to unmask him. Kinda reminds me of Owen vs Bret at Mania but on a smaller scale.

Leaning on they’ll go with Rey getting the revenge but still putting over his son strong but wouldn’t mind seeing either outcome. Either way though they’ve been doing great character work with Dom with the heel turn and has got the odd win or two, still needs more big wins to make him more of a credible threat. Hope they can continue his momentum effectively.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends how long Rey's got left. If he's done, and he's surely close, it's a luchadores way to go out losing the mask. It's Wrestlemania though. Maybe you put that on a Backlash or whatever, and Dom takes it there with Rey winning at 'Mania. You don't want to batter a stadium crowd hard early or you risk losing them. Perfect booking would be hair vs mask, Rey wins, Dom gets his heat back and puts Rey out the next night and unmasks him, and takes the mask. Then mask vs mask at Summerslam with Dom taking it. Then you blow it up with him as a heel by unmasking voluntarily and ripping the luchadore tradition.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hair vs Mask? I'd love it. If only they'd let Dom and Rhea get so cocky that it's Rhea's hair they put on the line.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember Dom talking about Rey passing down the mask to him in time when he first started in WWE. Now imagine it being Rey's retirement match at Mania, mask on the line, Dom wins, takes his mask, and starts wearing it for a new masked phase in his career. Keep the heel heat going as he's obviously be hated for it, and then eventually you can do a face turn where he appreciates the significance/history, etc. and Rey reappears for an apology/blessing angle.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dom's one of those characters that is legitimately interesting. Complete blank canvas with the back story that can cement him as a superstar as it's used in the early part of his career. And it's working. He might never end up being his dad, but he can be a big asset with strong booking. Beats 'good wrestler is good and wants to win a wrestling match', or spooky bollocks.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brilliant!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember Dom talking about Rey passing down the mask to him in time when he first started in WWE. Now imagine it being Rey's retirement match at Mania, mask on the line, Dom wins, takes his mask, and starts wearing it for a new masked phase in his career. Keep the heel heat going as he's obviously be hated for it, and then eventually you can do a face turn where he appreciates the significance/history, etc. and Rey reappears for an apology/blessing angle.
    I think this is a perfect scenario. Rock the mask in spite of his father's legacy.

The Rey/Dom pairing never bothered me like it did many others because this is typical in lucha. Sometimes it takes the son a few years to really find their groove and this is a kid who didn't go through developmental either. I've said that he doesn't even need it as he had great trainers, he's learning from his peers and veterans who are willing to give back to him the same his father gave to them. You never hear a bad word about Dom either. He's been around a lot of these guys his entire life so that can't hurt.

The fact he's able to lean into all the shit that was negative toward him makes it better. The pairing with Rhea Ripley....Imagine 2 years ago and where they were at in the company. Now they're easily one of the top draws in the company right? They could give us another 10-20 years they're just now scratching the surfaces of their careers.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Who else saw The Hurt Business talking with Adam Pearce while Damage Control was walking backstage? Let’s fucking go!!!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I just want to put it on the record that Bayley is a fucking sniper…

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sucks that Seth apparently suffered a knee injury during his match with Theory. Hope it does not turn out to be serious.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AJ Styles broke his ankle the other day. Fingers crossed that doesn't keep either man out of Mania. Especially Seth. That guy has been the MVP for Raw and maybe all of WWE.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Angelo Dawkins, that was freaking impressive…

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was an intriguing wrinkle that Pearce made it to where the Tag Team Turmoil was for a shot at the Raw tag titles. The Bloodline is running amuck on Raw and Pearce is tired of seeing them on Raw. It's not like the lack of the Raw titles would keep The Usos and the rest of the Bloodline away on Monday but it was a good bit of effort. Priest had a hell of an effort, Mysterio is absolutely comedic gold, Rhea is the difference maker and Bálor gets to be the workhorse. Judgement Day looks like it was floundering a while back but Rhea came back, got a great infusion with Mysterio and they're flying high now.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    So my key take aways

Theory's promo was elevated. To me he took a few massive steps up. The whole segment woth Rollins was great.

Dominik and Mami stole the show. Everything about it was great. It was a billion dollar bet in 2022 if you said Dom and rhea would male judgement day more over than edge.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    It was an intriguing wrinkle that Pearce made it to where the Tag Team Turmoil was for a shot at the Raw tag titles. The Bloodline is running amuck on Raw and Pearce is tired of seeing them on Raw. It's not like the lack of the Raw titles would keep The Usos and the rest of the Bloodline away on Monday but it was a good bit of effort. Priest had a hell of an effort, Mysterio is absolutely comedic gold, Rhea is the difference maker and Bálor gets to be the workhorse. Judgement Day looks like it was floundering a while back but Rhea came back, got a great infusion with Mysterio and they're flying high now.
    For some reason, Priest's scream right as Raw went off the air was the wrong kind of comedic, to me.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I know they’re heels and all that, but arrogant Judgment Day is weird. Like who the hell are you? Prison Dom is just awkward.

Rhea with the tough girl act, knowing full well a man won’t hit her, stretches the imagination. I feel like The Bloodline could really use a Naomi return, exactly for these kind of situations.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    I know they’re heels and all that, but arrogant Judgment Day is weird. Like who the hell are you? Prison Dom is just awkward.

Rhea with the tough girl act, knowing full well a man won’t hit her, stretches the imagination. I feel like The Bloodline could really use a Naomi return, exactly for these kind of situations.
    If we didn't have Roman, I would suspect Finn would be the Raw Champion. I think by the summer, the game plan will be to have Cody vs Judgement Day while Roman deals with being Smackdown champ.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Can't just be me who finds Finn's character work to be terrible? He's a cartoon character. I'm sure he's having fun with it, but a character like that doesn't scream WWE Champion.

His best work was when he was a 'tweener' on NXT, for me.

Needs to move away from this nonsense to head back up the card.

Basically, I don't think it really matters how he's booked, I don't think he has the charisma to be a top guy. For any extended period of time, anyway. His size also doesn't help.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah more of the Prince please.

Really fun main event.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree. NXT-return Finn Balor tweener was some of his best work IMO in WWE. I kinda hope Judgment Day throws him out to replace him with someone else. Tweener-NXT Finn would be a good opponent for the group. Pairing him with AJ, Good Brothers is just too easy and makes too much sense. Some just look the part of heel or face. Priest for example, I think he's done well.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post

You're easily one of the few people who are not enjoying at the very least Dom and Rhea Ripley. Don't take super offense to this but I'm not shocked as the gripes you have with certain things in life are usually left unexplained and odd.

I don't see how Rhea's act is stretching the imagination when you can probably think of at least one female you've encountered or witnessed trying to bow up to a man knowing that dude won't do shit "because she's a woman" That's how she's getting heat, this is such a basic heel trait women have been using in wrestling for 60 years.......I mean, if you had even watched Raw in the last 4 months you'd know that's why The OC recruited Mia Yim.....

Prisom Dom is great. Preest is solid. I can somewhat get behind people who are "negative" toward Balor. He's tried to do a WWE heel inserting the comedy here and there and his delivery is just so wooden. They've tried everything with him and I like all of it, I'm a huge fan, but I can see why most of it hasn't really been able to stick. Again this is a guy who was in Japan and elsewhere outside the WWE bubble he wasn't known for personality because you didn't need one. When he did show personality it wasn't much but it was enough for the Japanese crowd. Simply frowning is going to get you over as a bad guy over there.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Can't just be me who finds Finn's character work to be terrible? He's a cartoon character. I'm sure he's having fun with it, but a character like that doesn't scream WWE Champion.

His best work was when he was a 'tweener' on NXT, for me.

Needs to move away from this nonsense to head back up the card.

Basically, I don't think it really matters how he's booked, I don't think he has the charisma to be a top guy. For any extended period of time, anyway. His size also doesn't help.
    I'm shocked that in 2023 we're still hung up on size. Especially when Balor has wins over damn near everyone in the upper midcard/main event including Reigns.

I do agree he needs to be the more serious of the group. He just has a very wooden delivery. Even in NXT. Personally I think he's someone who CAN be a top guy I just think with Roman's situation it's hard to see beyond that. If Roman dropped a belt to Raw, I see no issue in Finn Balor as champion with the JD stable keeping him protected. I can also see him on his own as champion. He looks great, smooth in the ring, just has to work on the acting I guess lol.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I think WWE, more often than not, is still hung up on size.

But yes, it's more his overall character. Looks good, smooth in the ring; like you said.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think WWE, more often than not, is still hung up on size.

But yes, it's more his overall character. Looks good, smooth in the ring; like you said.
    I think if Roman Reigns or Brock Lesnar couldn't draw you wouldn't see them in that spot. It's hard to really look at the last 30 years of WWE and think they're hung up on size.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first hour is going to rival any hour in Raw history just based on sheer storytelling and willing to build off existing history established along the way. Absolutely captivating segment with The Bloodline segment. Zayn was out there to die on the vine but his savior came where we least expected it. We saw a version of buy in from Jey Uso at WarGames but this moment really saw the culmination of that as Reigns put Zayn's head on the chopping block. It was a shame that this segment was so good but so long as it ultimately killed the women's cage match but the segment ruled. Great moment to see Zayn invoking the Freebird rule to keep The Uso's championship reign intact. As usual, the main segment and subsequent match was great because all of the key figures got moments to shine and they delivered in their roles. It does feel like this is setting up where everyone gets a moment: KO gets his shot at the Rumble, something happens where the fracture finally comes and Zayn takes on Reigns in Montreal at Elimination Chamber, and presumably KO and Zayn reunite to take on The Usos at Mania.

Again, the proof is in the pudding with LA Knight in terms of how they view him as a future player. He's going to have a great chance to be a star. Would love to know what Taker told Wyatt as he walked out of the ring. I saw two good tidbits online about Taker. One, an ex-writer said that he loved the American Badass version of Taker and that said writer was told not to bring that up to McMahon as he saw the traditional version of Taker as his proudest creation so he wanted no part of a suggestion to present him in any other way. Considering we saw this version, maybe that bodes well that Vince isn't middling in creative anytime soon. The other note came in the form of a tidbit that Taker supposedly told Vince to "take care" of Wyatt after WM31, which clearly didn't happen lol. But if Taker did say that, he clearly has a soft spot for him and a crossover segment here corroborates that somewhat.

One thing I really liked as an underlying theme is that while there legends there and they interacted with today's talent they really didn't utilize the legends to bury that current talent. Instead, they served a purpose of helping put over the current roster. That certainly went a long way in helping make this episode more enjoyable.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah this was great especially the Bloodline, LA Knight/Taker/Wyatt segments and Angle wanting to be in DX.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Probably one of the better "Legends" Nights. No young talent got buried unless you count Lashley and Theory with Brock. I guess all the Samoans were legit sick that is why they did the trial of Sammi. Sammi is going to lose those tag titles, isn't he? They are playing a dangerous game with Sammi. If they don't put him in the Rumble, there maybe some Daniel Bryan heat going on there. However, Cody is a more natural choice to win than Batista was at the time. If Rock does show up, he won't, then I can see that quelling the fans...maybe.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's Sami, bro.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't be shocked if Roman tells Sammi to self-eliminate or give up his spot, or something like that.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Romman wouldn't do that to Sammmi. I think this is going to end with Rommman and Sammmmi standing together against the rest of the Bloodline. Jimmmmmmy Uso and Jey Uso, Solo, and Paul Heymmmmmmmmmman will get tired of Rommman giving Sammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmi chance after chance.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ABA FTW. Only thing I would've done different is use the Limp Bizkit theme for his entrance.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was the most fun Raw show (with legends, especially) in a long time. Good way to put Kurt in with DX, them acting like he wasn't even there until the group introduction.

Undertaker-Knight-Wyatt stuff was good for what it needed to be.

Aside from the opening segment maybe going five minutes longer than needed, it adds another twist. It wasn't what I was expecting but I'm not disappointed in the result. Reigns being more forceful with his delivery instead of acting cool about all the shit happening within the group is what I was hoping to see. It's been a wild ride and Sammy has capitalized on this opportunity and I think also elevated the supporting cast (Usos three).
    Last edited by NeseToTheFace; January 24th, 2023 at 3:32 PM.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RAW XXX was terrific. I hadn't seen that Afa/Siki/Rikishi were all too sick to travel, and it makes me wonder what they had been planning.

Heyman owns any crowd he's in front of. He reminded us that he's a heel - despite the ECW love he got from Philly fans at first - by talking about how Eagles fans will feel after they've been conquered by BBBRRROCCKKK Purdy and the forty-niners was stuff that everyone should learn from. Heyman's "prosecution" of Sami felt a little off at first because it wasn't clear what the big betrayal about, why were they doing that, when they had announced that multiple generations of the bloodline were going to be on hand. But because the storyline has been so compelling, everyone hitting it out of the park, we didn't want to miss anything. Zayn's "I'm hurt, and I have no defense" almost felt like he knew the segment was long already. Reigns suggesting that Zayn has such an ego he doesn't need to put up any defense was good, concise storytelling, and he called for Solo. Solo doesn't have to talk, he has been incredibly well protected, and the camera work was perfect, as was Sami's body language and facials, so I am sure I wasn't the only one expecting the spike. Jey stopping him, followed by the footage he'd put together, was huge. I can't say enough how Jey's been such a huge part in the story, and how much I enjoyed his comments about how he wasn't Sami's biggest fan at first, but after how many bullets Zayn's taken for them, he saw the good in Jey despite Jey not seeing it, that's what family does. We had to expect that the Uso's would be working as faces against Judgment Day, and they were having a great match even before the injury that allowed Sami to fill in. Roman telling Heyman he doesn't want to see Sami until the Royal Rumble seemed forced, but it makes sense to keep them apart on SmackDown.

Priest continues to impress me, and Dom is really doing great heel work. Balor has been in a serious downfall, and since his appearance was only to get himself tossed out - that ref is great at kicking people out of ringside - I wonder if/when Balor might recover.

LA Knight was in a spot to get buried, but his mic work - Yeah - is outstanding. He reminds me of the Rock with his confidence on the mic. After the wondering what ABA Taker said to Wyatt, the best guess I saw from a lip reader was

Shame that the cage match got cut/changed to a beatdown. They should have cut Sonya instead.

The DX segment was a lot of fun. And add me to the list who want to see Rollins v GUNTHER. (loved King's commentary mocking Kevin Patrick's "TH") I hadn't realized that King had appeared on more RAWs than anyone else - for some reason I thought it was Kane.

Miz is right, he has consistently entertained us more on RAW than most. And he isn't hurt by KO's stunners.

Main event was short, and all about Brock, instead of Lashley and Theory.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's gonna be a shame when Brock decides to retire, he's the most exciting thing on WWE TV since...Gangrel?

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I enjoyed last night a lot. Only real complaint for me is no cage match. I really wanted to see that match.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Yep, cage match aside, loved Raw XXX. That opening segment was brilliant.

LA Knight has totally won me over as well. Good work.

Roll on Saturday.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That opening segment was brilliant.
    Thought Hogan lost a lot of love on these boards, but I too thought it was awesome seeing him on TV again. Mic mishap aside, it made me smile.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Thought Hogan lost a lot of love on these boards, but I too thought it was awesome seeing him on TV again. Mic mishap aside, it made me smile.
    Ever the comedian, Donald. I thought Hogan handled that very well, to be fair, a real pro.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Without comedy, who can survive life.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LA Knight has totally won me over as well. Good work.
    YEAH!