User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 200 of 630

Thread: The MONDAY Night Wrestling Thread

  1. #101
    Oh, YEAH! Sasori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Daniel Bryan's Dreams just kicked you in the balls!
    Posts
    9,574
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    174790
    Anyone else think Becky's turned into "Superstar Becky Graham"? My initial reaction is that she's getting cringier and cringier, but then I realized I love this Becky. However, this would have been perfect for her jokey face character who made lots of puns. After she morphed into the new Stone Cold, this stuff doesn't fit. One week, she's throwing Paramedics out of the ambulance and driving herself to the hospital, the next she's dressed like Big Bird had a baby with Elton John.

    Didn't enjoy the match between Kairi and Shayna. They had a much better one in the finals of the Mae Young Classic. Just felt like they were going through the motions.

  2. #102
    Main Eventer BigAl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    I live life on the edge...I tell angry women to relax
    Posts
    5,187
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    422180
    I liked Brock telling Drew to "get the belt!" when they were on the ramp. Great opening segment from all involved.

  3. #103
    Intercontinental Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Nutmeg State
    Posts
    2,884
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    310144
    It's hard to believe, after that promo, that people used to derisively call him "Blandy" Orton. Everyone in the building who had ever watched wrestiling knew Beth was gonna take an RKO. But having Beth slap Randy first, and then she kicked him - giving him justification for his reaction - was brilliant. As virm said, give the heel a reason, and the story will be compelling.

  4. #104
    god's perfect boy mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    58,614
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    528036
    Fans cheering Randy during his promo, chanting RKO in anticipation, and then shots of the smiling clapping crowd after he hit it. At least they're invested even if it's ass backwards in this instance. This feud/match is probably going to be far and away the hottest thing going into Mania.

  5. #105
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,389
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    707333
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Fans cheering Randy during his promo, chanting RKO in anticipation, and then shots of the smiling clapping crowd after he hit it. At least they're invested even if it's ass backwards in this instance. This feud/match is probably going to be far and away the hottest thing going into Mania.
    It was weird but fans like that have been around forever. The only problem I take with this kind of stuff is when it's someone who's actually a well liked babyface. I could see it if she was a heel or a wrestler people didn't care for back in the day. It says a lot about the men cheering it but that's for another thread lol.

    100% agree so far this is looking like the hottest feud going into Mania. I was never really a fan of Edge, but I respect his work and he did very very well in the Rumble to show he could still hang after all these years.

  6. #106
    hey Matthew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    51,287
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    725257
    people say that shit about the fans, but even in flair's heel heyday in the 80s, it's hard to find him not getting cheered doing anything.

  7. #107
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,389
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    707333
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Anyone else think Becky's turned into "Superstar Becky Graham"? My initial reaction is that she's getting cringier and cringier, but then I realized I love this Becky. However, this would have been perfect for her jokey face character who made lots of puns. After she morphed into the new Stone Cold, this stuff doesn't fit. One week, she's throwing Paramedics out of the ambulance and driving herself to the hospital, the next she's dressed like Big Bird had a baby with Elton John.

    Didn't enjoy the match between Kairi and Shayna. They had a much better one in the finals of the Mae Young Classic. Just felt like they were going through the motions.
    Becky is really embracing how Conor McGregor handles himself so if you're familiar with him you know where she's pulling a lot of this stuff from. Especially this week coming out with the big coat and glasses. I dig it but I can see how it's probably going to rub people the wrong way.

    For some reason a lot of fans over the last 25 years have cautiously accepted a confident borderline cocky babyface but are more quick to cheer a heel doing the exact same shit. I could see them avoiding a heel turn and booking her like Cena to be honest. And fans don't boo Cena because of his character so to speak it was more about how hard he was pushed and booked over other talent. So I think her 50/50 response would just be people who aren't fans of that attitude as opposed to her overall booking and character work.

  8. #108
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,389
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    707333
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    people say that shit about the fans, but even in flair's heel heyday in the 80s, it's hard to find him not getting cheered doing anything.
    Oh yeah. I remember being like 7-8 years old I was at a house show, probably my first or second show. During The Rockers v. Orient Express this guy I'll never forget was so pissed off that The Rockers kept double teaming their opponents. Then they had Tito Santana v. Akeem and the same guy was booing Tito and I was like, fuck this guy. Well, at that age I was probably like, fuck this dude.

  9. #109
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,389
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    707333
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Wow, that big-ass spider looked fucking dumb.
    Am I the only one who thought at first he was just fucking around and the real beast was still in there? I did. Then it me, nope, this is the reveal lol.

  10. #110
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    8,617
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    296819
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    . I could see them avoiding a heel turn and booking her like Cena to be honest. And fans don't boo Cena because of his character so to speak it was more about how hard he was pushed and booked over other talent. So I think her 50/50 response would just be people who aren't fans of that attitude as opposed to her overall booking and character work.

    This is my prediction as well. WWE going to make SuperBecky.


    I do applaud her for going in a different direction. As compelling as her rise was, I felt like the SCSA lite phase was getting a little forced. Something like this, while it could be somewhat polarizing, allows her to go to different places.

  11. #111
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,389
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    707333
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    This is my prediction as well. WWE going to make SuperBecky.


    I do applaud her for going in a different direction. As compelling as her rise was, I felt like the SCSA lite phase was getting a little forced. Something like this, while it could be somewhat polarizing, allows her to go to different places.
    I mean, we have to think she's got some mileage left in her as a babyface but we all know how many fans get with babyfaces. It's like something happens around the 6th month of them being a top player where all the sudden it's like FUCK THEM!

    I give Drew until May and Roman even less before our 2 World champions are shit on massively by the neckbeards who create Instagram pages with nothing but pics of Finn Balor's abs. Not to say that some don't have a gripe. Shit I hated the booking of Super Cena lol.

    But I have noticed more often than not that people just hate success unless it's their own when it comes to "celebrities". Whether you're an actor, athlete, musician, if you reach a level that the normal man can't just log in and achieve, the love on the way up will dissipate quickly.

  12. #112
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    8,617
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    296819
    I agree with you on the cycle of resentment and occasional schadenfreude.


    There's an element of both those in some fan reactions. I think there's also a systemic issue with WWE booking faces. Becky was compelling, not because of her catch-phrases, but because people wanted to see her hard work pay-off. We were surprised when she went over Charlotte the first time. When reward and surprise and give way to expectancy, its that SuperCena booking that drives me away. I 've never booed John Cena, the person. I have booed John Cena, the storyline.

    I love how Drew has been built. But if he beats Brock, and then goes 9 months and I never think there's a chance he'll lose, I'll be bored. The classic literary hero paradigms hold for a reason. The WWE often expects us to think that the face champ is in peril, just because they tell us they are. I'm not advocating Vince Russo title changes, but more imminent threat and unpredictability for faces would be good.

  13. #113
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,389
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    707333
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    I agree with you on the cycle of resentment and occasional schadenfreude.


    There's an element of both those in some fan reactions. I think there's also a systemic issue with WWE booking faces. Becky was compelling, not because of her catch-phrases, but because people wanted to see her hard work pay-off. We were surprised when she went over Charlotte the first time. When reward and surprise and give way to expectancy, its that SuperCena booking that drives me away. I 've never booed John Cena, the person. I have booed John Cena, the storyline.

    I love how Drew has been built. But if he beats Brock, and then goes 9 months and I never think there's a chance he'll lose, I'll be bored. The classic literary hero paradigms hold for a reason. The WWE often expects us to think that the face champ is in peril, just because they tell us they are. I'm not advocating Vince Russo title changes, but more imminent threat and unpredictability for faces would be good.
    I see it in other forms of entertainment where that's movies, sports, music. Success=resentment. If Drew goes 9 months looking like a strong champion, in this day and age that's frowned upon. Growing up, Hogan, Savage, Warrior, they'd go a year or 2 looking strong as champion and 90% of the audience was still loving it. Even if a dominant champion gets pushed to the limit you'll have people still want to see that person lose simply based on the fact they've won more matches than lost. It's very strange. It's one thing to hate a storyline or angle but when you start hearing shit like "Becky needs to lose because she's been so dominant" that doesn't make sense to me. If she NEEDS to lose, let's have it make sense and be beneficial not just have her lose because "you" as a fan can't relate to people who win all the time lol.

  14. #114
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    8,617
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    296819
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I see it in other forms of entertainment where that's movies, sports, music. Success=resentment. If Drew goes 9 months looking like a strong champion, in this day and age that's frowned upon. Growing up, Hogan, Savage, Warrior, they'd go a year or 2 looking strong as champion and 90% of the audience was still loving it. Even if a dominant champion gets pushed to the limit you'll have people still want to see that person lose simply based on the fact they've won more matches than lost. It's very strange. It's one thing to hate a storyline or angle but when you start hearing shit like "Becky needs to lose because she's been so dominant" that doesn't make sense to me. If she NEEDS to lose, let's have it make sense and be beneficial not just have her lose because "you" as a fan can't relate to people who win all the time lol.
    Its less about dominance and more about storyline/tension to me. "needs to lose because she's been too dominant" is not a nuanced look. I think we're on the same page thats its not a stand-alone valid criticism. And certainly not confined to wrestling.


    but as far as wrestling....

    I think part of the problem, and in fairness to writers-the difficulty, is the fundamental shifts in how we consume wrestling. In a pre-raw era, 9 months of Hogan dominance meant you saw him on a few matches on Superstars a month (not every week), and maybe a Saturday Night's main event or two, and the 2 to 3 PPVs.

    Compare that to a multiple segments a week, a PPV a month, etc. Consuming that much without much dramatic tension is tough. An action based TV show, that over the course of a full season doesn't set up significant setbacks or challenging situations gets too predictable.

    There is certainly a segment of the fans that goes counter to the "mainstream". Agreed. But I think that there's a bigger segment that just wants more compelling storylines and unpredictability than the SuperCena era. And hell, some kids (and adults) love that wish projection of the hero "always" overcomes.

    I , personally, prefer more of the Rock and Austin style bookings to that.

  15. #115
    Oh, YEAH! Sasori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Daniel Bryan's Dreams just kicked you in the balls!
    Posts
    9,574
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    174790
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Becky is really embracing how Conor McGregor handles himself so if you're familiar with him you know where she's pulling a lot of this stuff from. Especially this week coming out with the big coat and glasses. I dig it but I can see how it's probably going to rub people the wrong way.

    For some reason a lot of fans over the last 25 years have cautiously accepted a confident borderline cocky babyface but are more quick to cheer a heel doing the exact same shit. I could see them avoiding a heel turn and booking her like Cena to be honest. And fans don't boo Cena because of his character so to speak it was more about how hard he was pushed and booked over other talent. So I think her 50/50 response would just be people who aren't fans of that attitude as opposed to her overall booking and character work.
    I keep forgetting about the Conor influence. People have brought that up before, but I don't follow MMA, so it seems random to me. I'd much prefer if Becky continued down this road and ditched the Stone Cold stuff, but I don't know if Vince can help himself.

  16. #116
    OBJECTION Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ChamPAIN!, IL
    Posts
    13,316
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    269864
    I think the money is definitely in Becky holding on to the more recent attitude while not completely foregoing the Stone Cold badass persona. Like have her live in the new persona, but be able to turn on the badass whenever appropriate.

  17. #117
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,389
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    707333
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Its less about dominance and more about storyline/tension to me. "needs to lose because she's been too dominant" is not a nuanced look. I think we're on the same page thats its not a stand-alone valid criticism. And certainly not confined to wrestling.


    but as far as wrestling....

    I think part of the problem, and in fairness to writers-the difficulty, is the fundamental shifts in how we consume wrestling. In a pre-raw era, 9 months of Hogan dominance meant you saw him on a few matches on Superstars a month (not every week), and maybe a Saturday Night's main event or two, and the 2 to 3 PPVs.

    Compare that to a multiple segments a week, a PPV a month, etc. Consuming that much without much dramatic tension is tough. An action based TV show, that over the course of a full season doesn't set up significant setbacks or challenging situations gets too predictable.

    There is certainly a segment of the fans that goes counter to the "mainstream". Agreed. But I think that there's a bigger segment that just wants more compelling storylines and unpredictability than the SuperCena era. And hell, some kids (and adults) love that wish projection of the hero "always" overcomes.

    I , personally, prefer more of the Rock and Austin style bookings to that.
    I mean, a lot of people talk about the difference in schedule and stuff but Austin, Rock, those guys were on tv every week, sometimes 3-4 times a week when you factor in Raw, a ppv, Heat, Smackdown, replaying segments on the smaller shows like JAKKED or whatever the fuck.

    You can get burnt out but I think if it's actually good shit, then you're going to, more often than not, have a reason to tune in and watch. Today it's different not so much because of viewing habits but because of the overall product. If it was as good as it was back in different parts of the 80's and 90's then there wouldn't be an issue imo. And I don't mean copy what they were doing I just mean it being good in general. Rap music was good in the 90's, not because it sounded like the 80's, just that it was good. Same with wrestling.

    Like you said, they want more compelling storylines and unpredictability but when it comes to unpredictability in terms of wins and losses in pro wrestling....it's a touchy subject. Especially WWE where over time they've conditioned the audience with that 50/50 booking. In a way SuperCena was a good thing because it helped elevate and give credibility to talent that worked with or against him. Just like Hogan in the 80's where Brutus went from casual midcarder to top tier midcard simply by teaming up with Hulk in a cage lol.

  18. #118
    Midcarder punkypower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Edit: SO sorry, guys. I thought I posted this in News & Notes. I wanted to delete, but couldn't find an option..Sorry again for wrong thread!!

    Scott Steiner collapsed backstage and was rushed to the hospital during a TNA taping

    https://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/sc.../#.XmNYjVNMGdM
    Last edited by punkypower; March 7th, 2020 at 7:21 AM.

  19. #119
    Main Eventer Horatio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm at Riddle tapped.
    Posts
    6,337
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    78790
    usa
    MONDAY MARCH 9

    EDGE RETURNS again
    REY MYSTERIO vs ANGEL GARZA
    DREW MCINTYRE!

    And The Undertaker is rumored to appear

  20. #120
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    8,617
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    296819
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I mean, a lot of people talk about the difference in schedule and stuff but Austin, Rock, those guys were on tv every week, sometimes 3-4 times a week when you factor in Raw, a ppv, Heat, Smackdown, replaying segments on the smaller shows like JAKKED or whatever the fuck.

    You can get burnt out but I think if it's actually good shit, then you're going to, more often than not, have a reason to tune in and watch. Today it's different not so much because of viewing habits but because of the overall product. If it was as good as it was back in different parts of the 80's and 90's then there wouldn't be an issue imo. And I don't mean copy what they were doing I just mean it being good in general. Rap music was good in the 90's, not because it sounded like the 80's, just that it was good. Same with wrestling.

    Like you said, they want more compelling storylines and unpredictability but when it comes to unpredictability in terms of wins and losses in pro wrestling....it's a touchy subject. Especially WWE where over time they've conditioned the audience with that 50/50 booking. In a way SuperCena was a good thing because it helped elevate and give credibility to talent that worked with or against him. Just like Hogan in the 80's where Brutus went from casual midcarder to top tier midcard simply by teaming up with Hulk in a cage lol.
    Agreed-Most important is quality. The expectancy/compelling nature is part of it. I'm not arguing against ANY dominance. I was a fan of Asuka's streak. There's a chance that Becky's somewhat evolved character (as I'm reading it).

    By and large, I'd like to live somewhere between 50/50 and Super-Cena booking. In any event, make the obstacles and risk feel significant.

  21. #121
    Main Eventer Horatio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm at Riddle tapped.
    Posts
    6,337
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    78790
    usa
    Becky Lynch is so sexy I just want to open the Sexy thread and vote for her again

    Rey nice with the claymore kick and he totally squashed Garza's face with that slipnslide splash.

    Rhea has got to plow through Charlotte at WM.
    Tonight's segment should have included a wardrobe malfunction. Meh, maybe next week...
    Last edited by Horatio; March 9th, 2020 at 8:43 PM.

  22. #122
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    35340
    Half of charlotte’s hooch is hanging out

  23. #123
    Main Eventer Horatio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm at Riddle tapped.
    Posts
    6,337
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    78790
    usa
    *wikipedias 'hooch'*

  24. #124
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    8,617
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    296819
    Good hell, you're multiplying.

  25. #125
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    10,082
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    195275
    Just clicked onto RAW and I see Bobby "No Reaction" Lashley squashing Ryder. WWE fucking blows.

  26. #126
    Main Eventer Horatio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm at Riddle tapped.
    Posts
    6,337
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    78790
    usa
    I am guessing McIntyre vs Lashley if McIntyre beats Lesnar.

    "We want Lana" chants are promising.

  27. #127
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    35340
    Guess lesnar runs in the drew match

  28. #128
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    35340
    I could see lashey being Drew’s first match after WM

  29. #129
    Main Eventer Horatio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm at Riddle tapped.
    Posts
    6,337
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    78790
    usa
    I can see Drew McIntyre haulting Black's rise to the top.

  30. #130
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    35340
    Liv does a trish move

  31. #131
    Main Eventer Horatio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm at Riddle tapped.
    Posts
    6,337
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    78790
    usa
    Love these women.
    I wonder when the riot squad triple threat happens?

    AJ Styles is hardly a credible challenger to Big Daddy Deadman.
    Last edited by Horatio; March 9th, 2020 at 9:46 PM.

  32. #132
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    35340
    Awesome promo by AJ

  33. #133
    Fuck you Roman... Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Thank You Taker...
    Posts
    14,325
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    40011
    AJ/Taker is easily the best feud/rivalry Taker has had since Punk.

  34. #134
    FEEL THE BERN DVDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    NYC subway
    Posts
    20,020
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    334199
    usa
    That vape girl should do porn.

  35. #135
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    35340
    They should of did this on the last segment

  36. #136
    TEETH lotjx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    TEETH
    Posts
    10,156
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    61154
    AJ bringing the heat.

  37. #137
    Main Eventer Horatio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm at Riddle tapped.
    Posts
    6,337
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    78790
    usa
    I wish they would do Taker/Rollins instead of Taker/Styles...

  38. #138
    .
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,246
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    181445
    They should have AJ and Taker action figures sit in for the contract signing

  39. #139
    Main Eventer Horatio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm at Riddle tapped.
    Posts
    6,337
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    78790
    usa
    Tonight would have benefitted from some sort of plot twist or revelation.

  40. #140
    ... Beer-Belly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    24,431
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    392712
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    I wish they would do Taker/Rollins instead of Taker/Styles...
    Probably because they're going to do McIntyre/Rollins over the spring and into the summer. That's my guess.

  41. #141
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    10,082
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    195275
    AJ's promo would have been cool if... they weren't doing the same thing across the street w/ the Orton/Edge feud. Seriously, WWE's bag of ideas is way empty now.

  42. #142
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,771
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    263733
    If Taker goes off on Wendy next week, in retaliation of Styles going after his wife, we'll have something spicy. I guess it remains to be seen if Taker/Styles will be a one-on-one match but it's shaping up to be that. It's also one of the last tests available for Taker in terms of being able to have a competent singles match on a big stage. Hard to spot many lies from Styles in his promo in regards to Taker. If it's one-on-one, that's not exciting based on the alternatives and it certainly speaks to a growing concern that they don't know what the hell to do with Aleister Black...especially when there's plenty of options sitting right in front of them.

    I'm envisioning Rowan's push was totally aligned with the idea of having a reveal for what was in the cage. It would culminate and be big. Things got wonky of more because they couldn't get what they were ultimately looking for or it didn't make sense like they were originally hoping. His push kind of stopped when that idea got stalled in the developmental stage. Then they just came up with a silly animatronic spider and hoped that would work, but then subsequently killed his push once they realized they had nothing. That's about the only thing that makes sense otherwise it was a massive waste of time.

    I see Edge was channeling his inner Jake Hager with that choke on MVP. Feels like it's not as visually imposing in some ways with Edge not having the size and leverage but he sold it with his eyes. All that said, this felt kinda flat for seeing Edge return after the brutal beatdown from Orton and Orton taking out Edge's wife.

    I'm extremely underwhelmed with what's happening with Owens and Rollins. It's played out and not really exciting.

  43. #143
    Real Sam Hill Sinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Rest Stop In Nebraska
    Posts
    12,464
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    38117
    I'd like to see an Aleister Black/Viking Raiders stable, but I also want to see Undertaker/Kane/Aleister vs The OC.

    Or Black and Owens going for the tag belts if Rollins/Murphy get them back

    He's got options

  44. #144
    Defiance is a four letter
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    word spelt with a finger
    Posts
    28,398
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    679149
    Whoever took the decision that what Drew McIntyre needed to push him to the next level was *checks notes* animal cruelty, probably shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the show ever again.

  45. #145
    World Champion Murphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    27,874
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    230926
    yugoslavia
    Ha, I haven't seen Raw. What was said with Drew then?

    It's ok, just seen a tweet from Bryan Alvarez.

    As you were.
    Last edited by Murphy; March 10th, 2020 at 9:09 AM.

  46. #146
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    8,617
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    296819
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Whoever took the decision that what Drew McIntyre needed to push him to the next level was *checks notes* animal cruelty, probably shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the show ever again.
    i don't know, but given how bad the spider was-I think he broke kayfabe harder than he broke the cage.

    I think most people took it less as animal cruelty, and more as ending a stupid angle.

  47. #147
    Defiance is a four letter
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    word spelt with a finger
    Posts
    28,398
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    679149
    In kayfabe, they framed a man performing animal cruelty as a reason to cheer him. That's the issue here. It's like watching a dark thriller and the filmmakers expecting you to like the murderer rapist because he's a murderer rapist.

  48. #148
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    8,617
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    296819
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    In kayfabe, they framed a man performing animal cruelty as a reason to cheer him. That's the issue here. It's like watching a dark thriller and the filmmakers expecting you to like the murderer rapist because he's a murderer rapist.

    I see it differently. That's where I was at with "broke" kayfabe.

    Wrestling fans are accustomed to non-believable ways to end angles, and we are asked to accept a storyline that breaks itself. Like when Santino showed up right after Santina exited stage left, and said "she had a good run". I don't think we were expected to believe that Santina was a separate person the whole time.

    Obviously, this can be viewed different as he "killed a helpless animal". I just don't see it as that. They even kept it covered, after we saw the "spider" last week.

    The spider looked stupid. The red spray was stupid. My view is that the fans were not asked to cheer him squashing a spider (although in fairness-many people probably would). I'd say that was Drew getting a fan reaction for ending a stupid angle.


    If someone does say it stayed in kayfabe (and certainly Rowan sold it that way), I'd still not have it quite there. In that world, I'd go more with the tropes of sci-fi, and say he killed a mutant monster that could spray red blood.

  49. #149
    Defiance is a four letter
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    word spelt with a finger
    Posts
    28,398
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    679149
    I'd go with that if they'd have given the angle more care and attention, building up the creature over a few months after its reveal. As it was, to kids especially, it could have been construed as just a big spider.

    All in all, it sucked from beginning to end in every possible way you could imagine. After Rowan genuinely hitting the upper mid card following his partnership with Bryan, it's been such a shame to see.

  50. #150
    Temet Nosce Caito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,310
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    60797
    Example.....

    Terri Runnels murdering Moppy

  51. #151
    Defiance is a four letter
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    word spelt with a finger
    Posts
    28,398
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    679149
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    Example.....

    Terri Runnels murdering Moppy
    Moppy wasn't presented as anything but the lunacy of Saturn's mind. The spider was presented as real. A much better example to compare this to is Earthquake "killing" Jake Robert's snake.

  52. #152
    World Champion Murphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    27,874
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    230926
    yugoslavia
    Big bad 'quake was a big bad heel though, so at least it made more sense.

  53. #153
    god's perfect boy mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    58,614
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    528036
    I always suspected that they didn't know what they were going to have in the cage and were just treading water with the weekly squashes until they figured it out. Then i read that Rowan himself wanted it to be a bunny or guinea pig to contrast a cute little critter with his gruff metal persona but Vince didn't get it and decided on the silly spider. Soon as they revealed the spider my immediate thought was "Someone's going to kill it" but I didn't expect it to be as soon as the next week. I also expected there to be goo. There was no goo. I wonder if maybe they'll reveal the cage was empty next week...?

  54. #154
    Legend Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    57,973
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    717498
    “Vince didn’t get it”

    *sighs at Vince if true*

  55. #155
    Temet Nosce Caito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,310
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    60797
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Moppy wasn't presented as anything but the lunacy of Saturn's mind. The spider was presented as real. A much better example to compare this to is Earthquake "killing" Jake Robert's snake.

    I miss Perry Saturn.

  56. #156
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,771
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    263733
    In case anyone was curious, Ricochet was on Main Event this week.

  57. #157
    god's perfect boy mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    58,614
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    528036
    Saturn was great. Love how Moppy was supposedly a punishment gimmick but it only got him more over/popular. Those things seem to backfire quite often.

  58. #158
    Temet Nosce Caito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,310
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    60797
    Jericho/Saturn for the dress and how Saturn was in the weeks after it was tremendous.

  59. #159
    god's perfect boy mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    58,614
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    528036
    I wish i had seen that stuff, I probably would have dug from what I've heard about it. Probably much better than when Vito wore a dress...

    The Sexual Chocolate stuff with Mae was allegedly trying to get Mark Henry to quit but all it did was show what a charming charismatic teddy bear of a man he is.

  60. #160
    Temet Nosce Caito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,310
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    60797
    It’s all on the Network my friend.


    it’s fun cuz it goes from Saturn begrudgingly wearing it cuz he agreed to the stop, to him enjoying it a bit, and then it becoming a part of his outfit, which morphed into more of that alternative, late 90’s Hot Topic style.

  61. #161
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Posts
    62,994
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    338847
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Whoever took the decision that what Drew McIntyre needed to push him to the next level was *checks notes* animal cruelty, probably shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the show ever again.

  62. #162
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    8,617
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    296819
    Eh, I've seen Hornswoggle run through a tunnel like Road Runner, the Undertaker control lightning, Bray Wyatt drag Daniel Bryan through a ring to who knows where (but apparently not just an awkward moment where they crawl out of the ring sheepishly), and Santina interact with Santino. I just think we can draw the "presented as real" line too far.

    The one thing I do feel more strongly on the fan cheering reaction probably had very little to do with a spider killing, and more to do with killing the dumb angle.

    Completely agree with the takes on Rowan. After a promising run with Bryan, this was about as dumb a direction as you could go. He should be an upper mid card enforcer who is a legit upset threat to top guys.

    Time for repackaging number 6,




    Also, Saturn was gold.

  63. #163
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,771
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    263733
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Eh, I've seen Hornswoggle run through a tunnel like Road Runner, the Undertaker control lightning, Bray Wyatt drag Daniel Bryan through a ring to who knows where (but apparently not just an awkward moment where they crawl out of the ring sheepishly), and Santina interact with Santino. I just think we can draw the "presented as real" line too far.

    The one thing I do feel more strongly on the fan cheering reaction probably had very little to do with a spider killing, and more to do with killing the dumb angle.

    Completely agree with the takes on Rowan. After a promising run with Bryan, this was about as dumb a direction as you could go. He should be an upper mid card enforcer who is a legit upset threat to top guys.

    Time for repackaging number 6,
    That's exactly what I took away from McIntyre's actions. McIntyre has been comical in some aspects and ribbing on the square with very minor things along the way but that can ingratiate himself with the audience and that's what I took the act as. Everyone realizes the reveal was stupid, so he got to do what most wanted to do: get rid of it.

    I wasn't surprised with the fact that they kept trying again with Rowan because that felt like that was sticking to the plan with him because he'd get hurt in the tag team with Harper and they only had one instance where they felt like they wanted to do something with Harper. If Rowan was out, they weren't interested so they valued him more. Your breakdown for Rowan's place is precisely where he needs to be in the pecking order. What is interesting to me is that that exactly where Corbin has always needed to be but I'm curious as to why they (or more specifically, Vince) went super aggressive with him. Was it better verbals, very easy to work with in the ring, more punchable of a face in the eyes of the audience?

  64. #164
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    8,617
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    296819
    However......

    If R-truth, with his stated fear of spiders, had been in the Mcintyre role I would read it completely differently.


    I don't know with Corbin.
    Corbin also bragged a lot about his football background coming in. We know how anyone with any NFL background has a bonus point of two. TBH, I thought Lone Wolf McCorbin was boring as hell. I also thought he was a "let me fast forward" guy as a constable. But I've come around a bit. he's improved as the whiny heel. his matches aren't terrible. He's effective as someone you want to see get beat.

    I'm not sure I see him as someone who is a compelling main event talent.


    But not as down as I once was.

  65. #165
    god's perfect boy mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    58,614
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    528036
    Corbin's solid just overpushed. Good talker, good heel, decent enough in the ring. I like the guy I'm just not interested in his shit 'cuz they've overexposed him and put him higher in the pecking order than he should be. They've effectively turned me off to a dude I'd otherwise probably be pretty into if they'd cooled their jets with him.

  66. #166
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    8,617
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    296819
    This is the fifth time today I've thought to myself how much you would have enjoyed Moppy Perry Saturn.

  67. #167
    god's perfect boy mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    58,614
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    528036
    You're saying that like I didn't see Moppy Perry Saturn...?

  68. #168
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    8,617
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    296819
    I guess you just don't bring it up like you do Boogeyman or Golddust. HOW DOES HE KNOW YOUR LOVE IF YOU DON'T SHARE IT.

  69. #169
    god's perfect boy mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    58,614
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    528036
    PLEASE FORGIVE ME PERRY BERRY!

  70. #170
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    8,617
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    296819
    He can't stay mad.

  71. #171
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    10,082
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    195275
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    In kayfabe, they framed a man performing animal cruelty as a reason to cheer him. That's the issue here. It's like watching a dark thriller and the filmmakers expecting you to like the murderer rapist because he's a murderer rapist.
    They had him smash a bag w/ an obviously inanimate object. An inanimate object we knew was an inanimate object, an inanimate object they knew we knew was an inanimate object. Nobody cared because all parties knew it was whack.

  72. #172
    ... Beer-Belly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    24,431
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    392712
    usa
    We're supposed to think the spider was real, though. Regardless, it was a tone deaf way to write off a shitty storyline that they didn't bother to plan out. They do that all the time.

    "Have Rowan carry around a mysterious cage to make his character more intriguing."

    "Interesting idea. We'll need a payoff, though, so what's in the cage?"

    "FUCK YOU, YOU PIECE OF SHIT! I WILL PERSONALLY ARRANGE AND PAY FOR A PROCEDURE INVOLVING THE REMOVAL OF YOUR TESTICLES IF YOU EVER EVEN THINK ABOUT PLANNING AHEAD!"

  73. #173
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3,539
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    I thought it was going to be Alexa Bliss in Rowan's cage.

    She's small enough.

  74. #174
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,389
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    707333
    It was a pretty good Raw overall imo. Women's tag-teams showcased (rare), the Black v. Rollins turning into the 8-man. I thought AJ Styles' promo was good.

    Let's be real here people, all jokes aside, that Rowan shit was dumb and that "spider" had it coming after what he did to that jobber in Des Moines.

    Becky had a solid promo. I wish we had more out of the Orton/Edge segment. MVP was a strange part of it and sold that RKO on the chair like shit but that's ok, he's cannon fodder.

    Just an overall good show that was paced well.

  75. #175
    Fuck you Roman... Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Thank You Taker...
    Posts
    14,325
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    40011
    I used to think anyone could do the Cutter/RKO and then Edge proved me wrong.

  76. #176
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,389
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    707333
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I used to think anyone could do the Cutter/RKO and then Edge proved me wrong.
    The one he planted on Orton looked good. MVP putting his hands up the way he did made it look stupid.

  77. #177
    Legend Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    57,973
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    717498
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    The one he planted on Orton looked good. MVP putting his hands up the way he did made it look stupid.
    Yeah that was terrible. Not quite, bit nearly Linda wimping out of the Stunner bad.

  78. #178
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    8,617
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    296819
    MVP was worse, but the Orton one looked poor to me as well.


    Let's all appreciate how smooth Orton pulls off the rko.

  79. #179
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,771
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    263733
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    MVP was worse, but the Orton one looked poor to me as well.


    Let's all appreciate how smooth Orton pulls off the rko.
    I agree 100 percent to all of this.

  80. #180
    Temet Nosce Caito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,310
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    60797
    The one to Orton looked like it was performed by someone who rarely ever does one.

    Which is what happened.

  81. #181
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    8,617
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    296819
    Its also a little jarring, because all of our mental paradigms are base of Randy Orton. We all mentally see it being especially quick and explosive.


    Randy is smooth in a way that most cans of jif can only dream of.

  82. #182
    god's perfect boy mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    58,614
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    528036
    For what it's worth, they didn't include the one to MVP on the youtube highlight clip.

  83. #183
    GO ON LAD Fanny Batter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Respectville
    Posts
    23,939
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    181005
    I love how they're still advertising a contract signing for Wrestlemania for tonight's show. Interested to see if they continue to build to a card that won't exist with any level of immediacy.

  84. #184
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,771
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    263733
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    I love how they're still advertising a contract signing for Wrestlemania for tonight's show. Interested to see if they continue to build to a card that won't exist with any level of immediacy.
    For better or worse, the fact that they're still advertising seems to suggest they're working on plans to suggest that the show will still happen in some fashion on that date.

  85. #185
    Oh, YEAH! Sasori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Daniel Bryan's Dreams just kicked you in the balls!
    Posts
    9,574
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    174790
    By not having the matches, it stops any storyline progression, so they kind of have to do them one way or another. I'm fine holding them at the PC.

  86. #186
    Fuck you Roman... Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Thank You Taker...
    Posts
    14,325
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    40011
    Watching them at the PC feels like I’m watching a rehearsal.

  87. #187
    Midcarder
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    4268
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Watching them at the PC feels like I’m watching a rehearsal.
    The RAW in the WWE Stamford Studios was the last time I remember anything like this.

  88. #188
    Defiance is a four letter
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    word spelt with a finger
    Posts
    28,398
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    679149
    My God, Edge is incredible.

  89. #189
    GO ON LAD Fanny Batter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Respectville
    Posts
    23,939
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    181005
    Can they get rid of live promos when the crowd comes back? So much more impactful without the chants and background noise. Cena last week, Edge here. Admittedly two of the best to ever do it, but awesome.

  90. #190
    too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    i am between locations now
    Posts
    21,003
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    385114
    ussr
    the opening segment on friday was AWFUL because they did it exactly the way they would do it in front of the crowd. the cena/bray promo and this edge promo were very different from how they'd be done in front of a crowd, and were great. both were more effective in building anticipation for the match they were promoting than any one promo segment has been in ages.

  91. #191
    too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    i am between locations now
    Posts
    21,003
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    385114
    ussr
    royal rumble replay? well, at least its a match worth watching again.

  92. #192
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,771
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    263733
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    royal rumble replay? well, at least its a match worth watching again.
    It's smart because you're possibly exposing a new audience to what you've got going on with one of your biggest upcoming matches, and you're filling a lot of time.

  93. #193
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    19,674
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    769605
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    My God, Edge is incredible.
    You're incredible

  94. #194
    Main Eventer Horatio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm at Riddle tapped.
    Posts
    6,337
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    78790
    usa
    As good as everyone in this match was, Lesnar totally stole the show.

  95. #195
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    35340
    Keith lee vs lesnar WM 37

  96. #196
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    19,674
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    769605
    I feel like if Jinder Mahal had made his return during this match, he would have won.

  97. #197
    Main Eventer Horatio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm at Riddle tapped.
    Posts
    6,337
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    78790
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I feel like if Jinder Mahal had made his return during this match, he would have won.
    You feelin yoself?

  98. #198
    Main Eventer Horatio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm at Riddle tapped.
    Posts
    6,337
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    78790
    usa
    I love a no-nonsense Undertaker.

  99. #199
    Midcarder
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    623
    Lol, i almost thought that was real lol. Like he was pissed off about something hahah

  100. #200
    Main Eventer Horatio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm at Riddle tapped.
    Posts
    6,337
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    78790
    usa
    Cool camerawork for Styles/Taker. It's like a Children of the Corn feud...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •